PDA

View Full Version : 3 Premium Package weapon latents

EvilMag
Mar 19, 2014, 01:38 PM
I don't get what the latents mean on the 3 weapons you get from the premium package.

This is what the JP wiki said

装備している武器の打撃力を一定割合だけ法撃力に変換する

I wonder if it'll make them worth using without having to craft them...

Dnd
Mar 19, 2014, 01:42 PM
The heart of naberius converts 40% of the weapon s-atk -> t-atk at lv1, its terrible.

edit: It just adds 40% of the s-atk additionally into the t-atk, it isnt a convert in the strict sense

Z-0
Mar 19, 2014, 01:43 PM
Converts one type of attack into another.
In the case of this particular latent, some S-Atk is converted into T-Atk.

Arksenth
Mar 19, 2014, 01:58 PM

Why didn't they just give the weapon T-ATK in the first place if they're going to do that?

Z-0
Mar 19, 2014, 02:00 PM
It is so that you still get the T-Atk if you craft the weapon.

jooozek
Mar 19, 2014, 02:00 PM
because if someone crafted them they'd lose that? hurf

EvilMag
Mar 19, 2014, 02:02 PM
That's pretty fucking dumb. These should have been camos instead. >_>

Arksenth
Mar 19, 2014, 02:04 PM
People actually still craft weapons?

Wait, that means they either have a DEX mag, or they're flopping around with insane damage variance that makes their weapon worthless.

Brb continuing to add people to my black list.

Z-0
Mar 19, 2014, 02:06 PM
Even with a DEX mag, it doesn't help crafted weapons.

People tested this very shortly after crafting was released, and there was still HUGE variance with DEX mags.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Arksenth
Mar 19, 2014, 02:08 PM
Short-in-short: crafting is the worst system PSO2 has implemented.

Well other than all the other systems.

Poor people!

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 19, 2014, 02:20 PM
Short-in-short: crafting is the worst system PSO2 has implemented.

Well other than all the other systems.

Poor people!

last time I checked it was still pretty good for armor and techs

Arksenth
Mar 19, 2014, 02:23 PM
Tech crafting yes.

Units - if you can't afford a SH unit set which is superior to crafted units, you are a poor person who shouldn't even be playing this game.

Z-0
Mar 19, 2014, 02:24 PM
Crafting makes SH Unit sets better though.

Arksenth
Mar 19, 2014, 02:24 PM
No, you lose the inherent resists and get weak PP/HP bonuses compared to the massive bonuses that the SH sets have, so the defense numbers might be bigger but the hidden bonuses are much, much worse.

Therefore: poor people!

Z-0
Mar 19, 2014, 02:32 PM
You want PP over anything else though・・・

Unless you're a poor person and need defense!

Daiyousei
Mar 19, 2014, 02:44 PM
I just stick with my crafted lucky rise units, good for all around

Gardios
Mar 19, 2014, 02:46 PM
It is so that you still get the T-Atk if you craft the weapon.

They should just go ahead and introduce hybrid recipes already. :c

Zorafim
Mar 19, 2014, 03:20 PM
Units - if you can't afford a SH unit set which is superior to crafted units, you are a poor person who shouldn't even be playing this game.

Crafted armor keeps the affixes of whatever armor you had before, as well as boosts the defense to a manageable level. Only tryhards aren't satisfied with it.

Bellion
Mar 19, 2014, 03:29 PM
Wat

Tryhards love an extra 3PP to units with good set bonuses but no innate PP. :(

gigawuts
Mar 19, 2014, 03:37 PM
...What good unit sets give you PP but don't give you 3 base PP on their pieces?

Bellion
Mar 19, 2014, 03:39 PM
Tian/Gwanman set and Midia/Neguro set. They give 10 PP as a set but 0 individually.

holmwood
Mar 19, 2014, 04:36 PM
The heart of naberius converts 40% of the weapon s-atk -> t-atk at lv1, its terrible.

edit: It just adds 40% of the s-atk additionally into the t-atk, it isnt a convert in the strict sense

What about at level 3. :X

Since there's no way I'm getting a Bibras bow, mercy of lillipa might be a slightly worse alternative. ^^;

pkemr4
Mar 19, 2014, 05:00 PM
Tian/Gwanman set and Midia/Neguro set. They give 10 PP as a set but 0 individually.

so is it worth it to craft my tian/gwanman units if i wanted more pp? or would it lose its +90 R-atk bonus?

btw-Niji
Mar 19, 2014, 05:01 PM
You want PP over anything else though・・・

Unless you're a poor person and need defense!
I agree!

Poor people!

gigawuts
Mar 19, 2014, 05:03 PM

Aah, that's right. I kept thinking of Gloam and the 3 piece sets. Thanks.

Alma
Mar 19, 2014, 05:08 PM
A little bit out of topic but...

Is the new mag cell from premium package has auto color change function like sato?
I swear i seen red qubeley before from one of the kamatarou live stream
while the only official info listed as 2 fixed color only (black and white)

Anyone know?

Bellion
Mar 19, 2014, 05:17 PM
so is it worth it to craft my tian/gwanman units if i wanted more pp? or would it lose its +90 R-atk bonus?

If you have Gwanman and decide to craft it, you won't be able to sell it so keep that in mind. But if you want the extra PP, then go for it. You will not lose the R-atk bonus.

gigawuts
Mar 19, 2014, 05:21 PM
Is there a reason to use the 10* gwanman over the 9* version if you're crafting them? Besides colors, that is.

Bellion
Mar 19, 2014, 05:22 PM
Basically, nope.

gigawuts
Mar 19, 2014, 05:25 PM
That's what I thought, but I prefer to ask instead of assume. Thanks again.

pkemr4
Mar 19, 2014, 05:32 PM
If you have Gwanman and decide to craft it, you won't be able to sell it so keep that in mind. But if you want the extra PP, then go for it. You will not lose the R-atk bonus.

so... how to i go about crafting my gwanman units? (ive never done crafting before) also what hidden stats get removed?

angrysquid
Mar 19, 2014, 05:43 PM
You will have to craft using the T-def line. At LV4 (max) it will result in 420 T Def Req. (or 396 if you use the 10% Craft boosters).
Units will loose Strike and Range resist iirc but you will also gain 10HP + 3PP on each unit.

Arksenth
Mar 19, 2014, 06:02 PM
The Strike and Range resist is actually a huge deal to lose. Like, seriously, everything is going to start one-shotting you instead of three-shotting you, that's how big of a difference it is.

Bellion
Mar 19, 2014, 06:06 PM
It's actually 440 at Extend lvl 4, but there are items that reduce requirements by 10-30%.
Defense, resistances, requirements to equip, PP, and HP on the unit alone will get overwritten from crafting.

There's quite a bit to explain about crafting. So, to sum it up:
Go to your room
Explore crafting options with the terminal
Get materials based on the options you are presented with

Wat
The resistances aren't that big of a deal. Everything that has 3 shot me before crafting will still only 3 shot me, I haven't noticed a difference in the amount of hits it takes for me to eat dirt.
I'll buy Gwanman set +10 it and show the damage I take vs crafted Tian set extended lvl 4 +10. I'll display the results in the future when I get my new character to be able to equip the crafted Tian set as main and sub class.

Rayden
Mar 19, 2014, 06:45 PM
so... how to i go about crafting my gwanman units?
Why would you ruin the Gwanman units like that? If you really want crafted units for some extra PP, use the Tian set. The stats will be the same, and you can sell the Gwanman units.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 19, 2014, 08:10 PM
So.... back on topic, has anyone gotten any of the 3 weapons to Latent level 3 yet (Especially Heart of Naverius)? Wondering how much does the conversion percentage increase per level.

Rayden
Mar 19, 2014, 09:55 PM
The wiki says it's 40% at level 1, 45% at level 2, and 50% at level 3.

Zipzo
Mar 19, 2014, 10:07 PM
The Strike and Range resist is actually a huge deal to lose. Like, seriously, everything is going to start one-shotting you instead of three-shotting you, that's how big of a difference it is.

Lolno.

Also all that money you have means squat if you honestly spend that much time getting bapped around. Players with enough experience and skill don't get hit very often。

Zorafim
Mar 19, 2014, 10:34 PM
Since when do units give 25% damage resist per slot?

MetalDude
Mar 19, 2014, 11:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the most a set of units will offer is 15% combined Attack type resist.

And honestly, it's more for bullshit protection than anything. In normal play like SHAQs, it's not that necessary but there's always so much trash that can happen in 12 player scenarios that I'd prefer to avoid it as much as possible.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 20, 2014, 12:52 AM
I like how the Jaeger Set gives 15% strike resist and 30% fire resist.

Me: You Can't Kill me Vol!
Vol: OONORE!!!

Rakurai
Mar 20, 2014, 04:22 AM
I don't really understand why they didn't just give the weapons passive T-ATK to begin with.

I really hope they decide to make more weapons like the Bibras weapons that have T-ATK values that are actually comparable to some of the higher end 10* weapons (TMGs, namely).

Crystal_Shard
Mar 20, 2014, 05:15 AM
The wiki says it's 40% at level 1, 45% at level 2, and 50% at level 3.

Thanks. The last I saw the JP wiki it still had no percentages.

@Rakurai: It does have 350 T-Atk. But because the S-Atk sucks, they anticipated that people would extend it, and the latent is meant to give back the T-Atk. As to why the stats suck? It's because it's a weapon that people can buy with real money. If they made it comparable to a 10* out of the box, you'd get people up in arms going "Pay2Win!".

Still think the latent sucks though. I use a Twin Dagger for it's S-Atk, not to cast piddly techs with. :P It should have converted a percentage of the user's Dex stat to equivalent in S-Atk (and maybe T-Atk). That way the weapon would actually scale with your level and you could still keep the All-Class part of it intact. :P

UnLucky
Mar 20, 2014, 08:50 AM
Tech crafting yes.
Ugh, over 50 crafts later and I'm still only at -8 PP on my Sazan up to a possible -10

Yes I'm absolutely certain it's more than 50 total crafts since I keep all of my fail successful crafts in my storage.

Chdata
Mar 20, 2014, 08:59 AM
The point of higher defense is so you don't have to pay as much attention to yourself :3

CBF always making sure to dodge crap

Daiyousei
Mar 20, 2014, 09:38 AM
I always dodge crap and all the perfectly good shunkas I canceled out of. I don't like to be hit even if I can take hits.

Zorafim
Mar 20, 2014, 01:47 PM
I like how the Jaeger Set gives 15% strike resist and 30% fire resist.

Me: You Can't Kill me Vol!
Vol: OONORE!!!

Eh, that's like 60% of the damage you would normally take, if you only get hit by attacks which are both striking and fire elemental. I guess you can get hit 40% more, so five hits instead of three? I guess that's a pretty substantial boost.

Lostbob117
Mar 20, 2014, 02:07 PM
Tech crafting yes.

With the fact that you can get awesome units for free with XQs.

holmwood
Mar 20, 2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks. The last I saw the JP wiki it still had no percentages.

@Rakurai: It does have 350 T-Atk. But because the S-Atk sucks, they anticipated that people would extend it, and the latent is meant to give back the T-Atk. As to why the stats suck? It's because it's a weapon that people can buy with real money. If they made it comparable to a 10* out of the box, you'd get people up in arms going "Pay2Win!".

Still think the latent sucks though. I use a Twin Dagger for it's S-Atk, not to cast piddly techs with. :P It should have converted a percentage of the user's Dex stat to equivalent in S-Atk (and maybe T-Atk). That way the weapon would actually scale with your level and you could still keep the All-Class part of it intact. :P

Uncrafted is still better in terms of tatk I believe.

Dnd
Mar 20, 2014, 04:25 PM

Yes.

Im not sure if it takes into account affixs, and im not affixing mine to test it, but this is pretty much it.

+10 heart of naberius has 315/350 s atk/t-atk
+10 lv3 latent has 315/507 s-atk/t-atk
+10 lv3 latent crafted has 661/330 s-atk/t-atk (And a huge damage variation, mind)

WildarmsRE5
Mar 20, 2014, 08:40 PM
with the 15% strike resist and given how the XQ units have pretty good base DEF themselves, it takes me 6 hits before I get killed in SH, I don't even know how many hits I can take on V Caves given that I have 30% fire resist.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 20, 2014, 09:16 PM

Yes.

Im not sure if it takes into account affixs, and im not affixing mine to test it, but this is pretty much it.

+10 heart of naberius has 315/350 s atk/t-atk
+10 lv3 latent has 315/507 s-atk/t-atk
+10 lv3 latent crafted has 661/330 s-atk/t-atk (And a huge damage variation, mind)

Yeah, you barely make back the original T-Atk, which would be ok if you wanted it to be an S-Atk weapon, but that damage variation crap makes things complicated again.

I'll probably affix and element change mine to test things out once my copy arrives. Not happy leaving it with Another History and Mirage IV, but trying to push this thing to +100 S-Atk outside of boost week is going to really get annoying fast.

Zipzo
Mar 20, 2014, 09:26 PM
Yeah, you barely make back the original T-Atk, which would be ok if you wanted it to be an S-Atk weapon, but that damage variation crap makes things complicated again.

I'll probably affix and element change mine to test things out once my copy arrives. Not happy leaving it with Another History and Mirage IV, but trying to push this thing to +100 S-Atk outside of boost week is going to really get annoying fast.

Why would you even bother? The weapon was meant for non-capped players to look cool while leveling, it in no way had any purpose to be some kind of OP weapon. Don't even waste your meseta.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 20, 2014, 10:14 PM
Why would you even bother? The weapon was meant for non-capped players to look cool while leveling, it in no way had any purpose to be some kind of OP weapon. Don't even waste your meseta.

I bother because I want to bother. :3 Seriously speaking, do you base your weapon decisions solely on stats and completely ignore aesthetics, or don't you at least try to get a balance between the two?

Rien
Mar 20, 2014, 10:17 PM
Mercy of Lillipa is better since it has like 1011 r-atk at max craft +10, which gives it about 505 t-atk.

Which is about 10 or so less than if you didn't craft it.

Zipzo
Mar 20, 2014, 10:47 PM
I bother because I want to bother. :3 Seriously speaking, do you base your weapon decisions solely on stats and completely ignore aesthetics, or don't you at least try to get a balance between the two?

Aesthetics very much do matter to me but there's a balance. I like the look of the basic 1-3* weapons, they are the only weapons that help me to remember the scifi-ey-ness of the games combat, doesn't mean I'm crafting them up to use them.

Especially since there's a somewhat noticeable affect on your performance...

Crystal_Shard
Mar 21, 2014, 01:32 AM
@Rien: If not for the preponderance of nice looking bow camos and Vibras Bow, Mercy of Lilipa might have been under consideration for another alt of mine to bring her up through the lower levels. Still, that's nice to know. :3

@Zipzo: Aren't you just basically saying a lengthy version of "Yes, I go for balance, but I'm not willing to sacrifice stats just to use crafted gear that I like the look of"?

I'm aware of the trade offs and the costs, and I'm willing to test things out on my own HoN to get a decent secondary weapon (that I love the look of) to replace my underused Nishiki, which I barely use out of respect for other people's frame rates and was on the way to being replaced by a crafted Oboro anyway. I fail to understand why you are trying to convince me out of it.

Sandmind
Mar 21, 2014, 02:36 AM
Something just crossed my mind, is the bonus Tatk from the latent also boosting resta? Eitheir crafted/uncrafted or both. Not that it truly matter, but I'm simply curious.

Shadowth117
Mar 21, 2014, 02:55 AM
Something just crossed my mind, is the bonus Tatk from the latent also boosting resta? Eitheir crafted/uncrafted or both. Not that it truly matter, but I'm simply curious.

It should if its actually giving it real tatk. But its really going to be pretty minuscule I would imagine.

Omega-z
Mar 21, 2014, 03:42 AM
WildarmsRE5 - It's 12% strike resist not 15% for XO units. And they've been booted in raw stats just to keep up with 10* SH units. %'s are only good base on where your damage taken "IS" the higher the better.

With crafted units they are decent enough to compare to the other armors at their Lv.

RubyVixen
Mar 21, 2014, 07:35 AM
What's with the animosity towards poverty players?

HIT0SHI
Mar 21, 2014, 07:40 AM
He's just trolling/fooling around, just try to ignore it. :V

LonelyGaruga
Mar 21, 2014, 04:01 PM
I'm aware of the trade offs and the costs, and I'm willing to test things out on my own HoN to get a decent secondary weapon (that I love the look of) to replace my underused Nishiki, which I barely use out of respect for other people's frame rates and was on the way to being replaced by a crafted Oboro anyway.

I'm pretty sure Oboro and Akane, among other Twin Daggers (Kanshou & Bakuya is the only one I can recall off the top of my head), also cause frame rates to drop. There's a list posted somewhere, not sure where it is though. No clue on Heart of Naberius since it was just released, but I'd imagine it'd be perfectly fine to use for travel.

Resta only applies base T-ATK (counting buffs and the like) and affixes. A weapon's natural T-ATK is irrelevant, and the potentials should not apply toward Resta. If they did, it would instantly be noticeable, as that is around a 300-500 increase in the T-ATK being used to calculate it.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 21, 2014, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Oboro and Akane, among other Twin Daggers (Kanshou & Bakuya is the only one I can recall off the top of my head), also cause frame rates to drop. There's a list posted somewhere, not sure where it is though. No clue on Heart of Naberius since it was just released, but I'd imagine it'd be perfectly fine to use for travel.

I heard about the list too, but never saw it myself. It's one of the reasons why I'm making the swap to HoN actually, since there won't be a difference stat wise between crafted Oboro vs crafted HoN.