PDA

View Full Version : Real Talk

Aussei
Mar 20, 2014, 09:27 PM
http://www.towleroad.com/2014/03/westboro-baptist-church-responds-to-the-death-of-fred-phelps.html

What do you guys think about West Boro Baptist Church?

BIG OLAF
Mar 20, 2014, 11:02 PM
That's like asking "Hey, what do you think of Adolf Hitler?"

There's basically one logical answer that can be concluded.

Aussei
Mar 21, 2014, 12:05 PM
Yes. You're right. I don't know why i fucking posted this shit....

Wyndham
Mar 21, 2014, 05:13 PM
The thing I think is that what they do is not the only bad part, but they say God wants them to do it.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 21, 2014, 06:22 PM
http://collegecandy.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/bye-b.gif

Freshellent
Mar 21, 2014, 10:56 PM
I can't even follow up on a post like that, orbital sides confirmed

Retehi
Mar 22, 2014, 12:57 AM
And nothing of value was lost.

Mar 22, 2014, 01:58 AM
I think it's interesting that he was excommunicated. It makes me wonder if he came to his senses and renounced all the stuff he and his church have done right before he died. Or maybe he was actually gay? It's pretty common for people who are adamantly homophobic to be. Or maybe it was something else entirely, who knows.

Sinue_v2
Mar 22, 2014, 04:23 AM
I dunno, what should I think? The guy was alive, he was a deluded asshole, and he died. Happens all the time.

Honestly, I'm going to kind of miss him. I actually found myself defending him more than deriding him, because the only times I really even payed much attention to his little cult was when people were raising a shit storm and harassing them or trying to shut them down. The man knew the law, and exactly how to work within it to get his toxic spew out there. That and the guy drew a lot of attention to the batshit crazy and hateful things found in the Bible that most people would rather forget or gloss over in public - and the kind of warping of the brain and morality that can come from blind faith. He did more to further the case for free thinkers and to build support for issues like Gay Rights than many activists in those fields actually accomplish.

Aussei
Mar 22, 2014, 02:48 PM
Thank you for contributing your opinions. It shines new light on the way I view west boro baptist church. I'm not one for hating others but it's hard to put up with their hatred. I can usually accept other peoples opinions and respect them for their individuality. But damn is it tough to do it for them.... If they came to a funeral I was at and picketed I'd be pissed at them for not respecting the people mourning. I like what Sinue had to say. Another example, he has indeed done more than any Americans that think the government is corrupt. I feel like we're letting the government get away with a lot of BS and we're just sitting here on our asses while in places like Ukraine they actually stand up for themselves. If people like this can do it, why can't we? They don't even have that many people in their church yet they go out there and picket funerals and stand on the corners of streets and scream obscenities at people. They don't give a fuck.

CelestialBlade
Mar 22, 2014, 02:58 PM
Their existence has strengthened the tolerance of LGBT rights, if anything. That's why I find their existence hilarious. They're so full of baseless hatred that even the dumbest citizen can't take them seriously anymore.

gigawuts
Mar 22, 2014, 03:34 PM
dude was a dick

ignore him and move on

.Rusty.
Mar 22, 2014, 04:54 PM
Their existence has strengthened the tolerance of LGBT rights, if anything. That's why I find their existence hilarious. They're so full of baseless hatred that even the dumbest citizen can't take them seriously anymore.

He also weaken LGBT rights be giving homophobes something to point to "hey I might think gays are gross but I’m not like that guy"