PDA

View Full Version : Fo & mag help please!!

mascotgamer
Mar 21, 2014, 06:25 AM
1.I am newbie and playing force now but I don't know what I should add mag status.

2.IF I got full item set, would I spam fire photon without runing out of pp?

3.which one is the best?
flame mastery 2 lv 10 or Photon flare+photon flare after burse+AtK high dmg lv 5

thank you:-D

Shadowth117
Mar 21, 2014, 10:57 AM
Inazuma is going to come in here and say OMGZ ELYSIONNNNN SAZANNNNNN, but I'm just going to answer your question properly; no photon flare is not worthwhile. If you're going to put points into it ever, its only ever worth putting 1 point into its first, basic skill which gives you the bare minimum you need to make use of latents like the one on the motav prophecy. Honestly though? You're probably better off avoiding it.

For a normal fire tree based around charged techs, you'll want to flame mastery 2 maxed, get the tech charge skills maxed, and eventually get the some points in the tech ja advance on the other side. Talis bonus is also kind of a must now. You can go and do hybrid builds if you really want to, but they're notably less effective.

If you're going for a fire tree, overall I would recommend this in particular: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000000lb000008kbIk2XcKjbnbnI2fbn00 00lb0000000Ib000008

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 21, 2014, 11:21 AM
Honestly, you shouldn't be playing force now. They seem fun and all, but with the game the way it is now they really struggle late game. If you insist on playing force though, you should decide what kind of force you're going to be, because that's going to change your mag quite a bit. Also would help to know your character's race and gender because that changes things too.

As far as item sets go, there's really no way to make it so you never run out of PP. fire spells in particular have the strength of taking very little time to cast which makes it difficult to regen PP between castings. At the same time, fire spells are some of the strongest in the game With wind and dark being the others. that said you want as much PP as you can get and be sure to get PP Charge Revival. You also want to get good with a talis because they're currently the best casting weapons in the game but only if you take the talis tech bonus skill right above the lightning tree - it's a must have. finally you want to spec into techer for boosts to wind damage and two PP regen skills that will make things much easier on you.

Full force builds are in the build thread, but seriously, be ready to feel pretty gimped once you hit SH.

Dammy
Mar 21, 2014, 11:54 AM
fire mastery if you going to main FO
T-ATK high up (+120 tatk) and charge/ja advances if you want to main TE
photon flare is shit

Du1337
Mar 21, 2014, 11:59 AM
1) Google Banjo Mag Guide. Theres information about what to feed. If u want to keep it simple just add T-atk. DEX is helpful when u want the equip some items that req dex but its not crucial.

2) I think u should go for electric if u dont want to run out on PP. There are skilltrees on this forum that tell u how to put in ur skillpoints.

Sizustar
Mar 21, 2014, 01:09 PM
Max PP is FO with Lightning PP Efficiancy crafted tech

Fire can be strong, but you'll probabely be using it with PP Convert wtih a TE subclass if you want, and Il Foi Fo is really strong in AQ currently.

Inazuma
Mar 21, 2014, 04:45 PM
Force is shit until you get both Elysion and Sazan 16. That's just how the game is right now. Force can be great if you acquire these two things and base your char around using them. It's also extremely important to use Zondeel to gather enemies together.

The current best mag is 7 striking attack and the rest tech attack.

TheAstarion
Mar 21, 2014, 07:29 PM
The current best mag is 7 striking attack and the rest tech attack.

To clarify, this is based around running a techer/force newman female, newman male, or human female at level 65/65... the 7 strike-attack allows you to equip the Elysion wand which increases (normally awful) uncharged tech damage; it allows you to run a high stakes force dumping out all your PP as quickly as possible to do damage as quick as you can.

In future, the level cap will rise, and so will your unmodified stats. You will kick yourself at level 70 for having a "broken" mag with wasted stat points... probably. I certainly do, with my 5 dex mag that used to let me equip dark wings.

You do need to figure out what you want to do with FO though. The option you pick will heavily influence tree recommendations. Do you have the money to go premium? Do you have luck on your side? If not, a master force you will struggle to become.

We're also in the middle of a content roll-out including new spells. Today's flavour of the week (Ilfoie specifically, the reason a lot of people are going full fire... though nafoie is still good in its own right and a lot less restrictive) may pale in comparison to spells from later this season (Ilbarta, Ilmegid, Ilgrants, Ilzan... not seen Ilzan in action but the others could be useful enough to build around).