PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 DEX and uncrafted 10 star weapons

This_Moment
Mar 21, 2014, 04:58 PM
I've been searching around for an answer but this is still unclear for me. :(

Does DEX affect uncrafted 10 star weapons in any way? Some sources say that the maximum DEX can improve damage variance by is 90% of weapon attack and 10 star weapons put you at this value by default-- while one guy said that it can be improved up to 95%...!

I'm really hoping somebody can shed some light on this... Thank you for any help!!!

UMVC3_Wolverine
Mar 21, 2014, 05:03 PM
I don't know the EXACT numbers, but I can def tell you by my own personal experience that if you craft a 10* weapon it will lose all of it's dex bonus.

That's a 100% fact.

If you have top tier 4/5 slot 10* rares DON'T craft them. You will ruin them.

Dnd
Mar 21, 2014, 05:09 PM
I believe crafted weapons/1-6* weapons can be improved up to 90% min damage with enough dex (but, the amount you'd need is absolutely stupid)

With enough dex you can hit 95% min damage on 7*+ uncrafted weapons, but again I believe the numbers required are silly enough for you not to really worry about it, your natural dex + weapon equip bonus should be enough

This_Moment
Mar 21, 2014, 05:14 PM
Thank you for the replies. So is the 95% maximum true? Or is it max 90%?

I wanna know because I might go for Stigma instead of Spirita 3 on my units if it is 95% max.

edit: I don't use crafted weapons and I never will. I just want to get as close to this "95% max" as possible if it's true.

Remz69
Mar 21, 2014, 07:11 PM
Thank you for the replies. So is the 95% maximum true? Or is it max 90%?

I wanna know because I might go for Stigma instead of Spirita 3 on my units if it is 95% max.

edit: I don't use crafted weapons and I never will. I just want to get as close to this "95% max" as possible if it's true.

even if you could get more than the weapon's min

if you go for stigma, only think of it as +1pp
is it really worth the trouble ?

seriously, i messed around with dex a bit with crafting and all, +60 is just not gonna do anything... at all

Crystal_Shard
Mar 21, 2014, 07:35 PM
The thing bout Dex is that, while it'll bring you closer to max damage, it doesn't increase your damage one whit. So, say your damage is 1000 (theoretically):

100% = 1000
90% = 900

Raising this to 95% by boosting Dex will only help you ensure you add an extra 50 damage per hit, but never boost your damage beyond that.

100% = Still 1000
90% = 950

If you boosted your relevant attack stat enough to boost your damage by just 100 however (ignoring Dex)

100% = 1100
90% = 990

And you already get a much higher minimum damage plus a much higher maximum output.

So the short of it is, don't bother about dex (unless you need it to equip something with, and need a few points on your mag).

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 21, 2014, 07:56 PM
The thing bout Dex is that, while it'll bring you closer to max damage, it doesn't increase your damage one whit. So, say your damage is 1000 (theoretically):

100% = 1000
90% = 900

Raising this to 95% by boosting Dex will only help you ensure you add an extra 50 damage per hit, but never boost your damage beyond that.

100% = Still 1000
90% = 950

If you boosted your relevant attack stat enough to boost your damage by just 100 however (ignoring Dex)

100% = 1100
90% = 990

And you already get a much higher minimum damage plus a much higher maximum output.

So the short of it is, don't bother about dex (unless you need it to equip something with, and need a few points on your mag).

Of course this is assuming you're using uncrafted weapons. If you were to use crafted weapons, you're better off raising your crit rate if you can. crits make sure you do 100% of your damage which is better than dumping everything you can into dex to turn that 60% to 80%.

For for uncrafted weapon, crystal shard is right, better to raise you max damage which affects your minimum damage rather than focus on your min which does nothing for your max.

UnLucky
Mar 21, 2014, 08:09 PM
Huh? You can't raise your minimum damage past 90% of the weapon's Atk. Period.

What I believe the 95% figure that's being thrown around is actually overall damage, assuming your weapon's Atk is roughly the same as all other sources. As in, you have 2000 total S-Atk, with your sword providing 1000 of it. In that case, your minimum damage is determined by 1000+(0.9*1000) S-Atk, whereas your maximum is based on 2000 S-Atk.

900 is 90% of 1000, but 1900 is 95% of 2000.

If you're using a rare weapon, Dex is absolutely meaningless since it's completely ignored in the damage formula. However, it may still help in terms of equipment requirements.

This_Moment
Mar 21, 2014, 08:21 PM
Thank you UnLucky. That was the post I was looking for!

To some of the other people--- not quite the info I was looking for. I already have very strong equipment and am pretty much at my max. My plan was, if the limit really is 95% as some people on here claimed, I would change out Spirita III on everything for Stigma for +1 PP and an attempt at more consistent damage to help with some one hit KOs.

Now I don't have to worry about affixing Stigma since it won't have any affect on my damage with rare weapons.

Cheers.

Omega-z
Mar 22, 2014, 12:31 PM
UnLucky is right that +10* weapon's (not sure if 7*~9* share in this since Sega only listed 10* and up, This could of been changed to include all rares.) ignored Dex/ability and are "fixed" at 90%. The only weapons that are boosted by Dex/ability are 1*~ 6* weapons. At max Lv. for a character the minimum % is at 70%. When you add Dex/ability you increase that rate, But this is also depending on the monsters Dex/ability. I added 90 Dex/ability (pretty much all Set Bonus) with a 3* and went from 72% to 82%. Also by doing this you can max out at 95% minimum "if" the conditions are met.

Add-On: So "If" you Crafted a rare weapon your Dex/ability is ignored and minimum % is set at the Crafted level as the new "fixed" level. Ex-sample: 90% (fixed, non-Crafted) to 60% (fixed, Crafted). Crafted 1* ~ 6* weapons don't have this problem since there not "fixed" and use the Dex/ability stat.

Zorafim
Mar 22, 2014, 12:58 PM
Last time I was given some numbers between a similar 10* and a crafted weapon, the 10* outperformed the crafted weapon by 15%. I figured that was worth mentioning.

Omega-z
Mar 22, 2014, 01:24 PM
Zorafim - Maybe Sega Ninja'd in a fix to Crafted 10*'s (and assuming the crafted weapon was 10* too)? maybec.

Zorafim
Mar 22, 2014, 01:33 PM
Oh, um, I'm not sure this was crafted 10*. I just assumed every crafted weapon was the same, so I didn't bother remembering what rarity it was.
Are we saying that there's a reason to craft 10*s now?

Saffran
Mar 22, 2014, 01:37 PM
Zorafim> to make them all class and gain crafting levels?

Zorafim
Mar 22, 2014, 01:44 PM
I meant crafting them over 1*s, sorry. Since 1*s grind easier and all that.

Omega-z
Mar 22, 2014, 01:47 PM
Oh, Then yes a 1* can be 15% lower in % without any help with Dex/ability added to it compare to a 10* rare being "fixed". But the 1* can be increased.

edit: Basically Crafting weapons:

7* ~ 12* = "BAD" (unless needing all-class)

1* ~ 6* = "Ok" (needs Dex/ability to be better)

pkemr4
Mar 22, 2014, 01:51 PM
crit based Gu/Hu works best with crafted TMG's

jooozek
Mar 22, 2014, 02:04 PM
Last time I was given some numbers between a similar 10* and a crafted weapon, the 10* outperformed the crafted weapon by 15%. I figured that was worth mentioning.

you missed how the not crafted weapon had LESS ELEMENT and NO POTENTIAL and LOWER R-ATK :rant:
and almost forgot, it was tested on an enemy that was weak to the element the crafted weapon had while the not crafted was some other element
the comparison in question:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/24502.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Omega-z
Mar 22, 2014, 02:18 PM
^This, 7* ~ 12* are no goes for weapon crafting.

Triple_S
Mar 22, 2014, 02:39 PM
Crafting is useful if you wanna take trash rares with awesome designs into higher difficulty modes and not feel super gimped.

Oh and tech crafting is useful.

...S'pretty much it.