PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 SSD and PSO2 loading

This_Moment
Mar 23, 2014, 01:49 AM
Hi,

I thought I would ask you Solid State Drives users if having one would dramatically affect PSO2's area loading.

My general loading is between 3 to 4 seconds for all areas, but some people I play with totally beat this. Are they Solid State Drive users?

I'm thinking of picking one up if it's a sure way to compete with these people in random TACO runs.

Looking for some opinions on this subject.

Thank you. ^_^

milranduil
Mar 23, 2014, 01:56 AM
I can't speak for SSD's, but your fps cap also affects area loading so that might be something to try if you haven't already.

Misaki Ki
Mar 23, 2014, 02:08 AM
It helps a small bit, but it'll depend if your HDD is slow or not. I found most of the loading time was from latency and your FPS.

Inazuma
Mar 23, 2014, 04:46 AM
You can also start moving even before it fully loads the area. During a loading screen, while pushing your analog stick forward, jiggle it left and right. When the area loads, your char will have already started moving.

UnLucky
Mar 23, 2014, 04:52 AM
I've just got an old clunky HDD from the last decade if not millennium, plus a budget DX11 GPU and i5 CPU.

I routinely beat a lot of people at loading and people pass me leader to reset quests faster because of it.

I'm not even sure what determines that, since I'm running fairly high settings with the good shaders and a lot of stuff in the background.

Only thing I can think of is I have 16GB of RAM and run the client in a window.

ChocoboRRR
Mar 23, 2014, 05:29 AM
I am running pso2 on 1tb SSD as you can say the loading speed is marvelous.

Running as host in campship decided that you need to load first before another player in party can load in unless you are vita host which won't count. People prefer host player using ssd than rather someone with hdd.

Also running max setting and 120 framerate monitor. I always load faster anyone out there.

Ratazana
Mar 23, 2014, 06:01 AM
Hi,

I thought I would ask you Solid State Drives users if having one would dramatically affect PSO2's area loading.

My general loading is between 3 to 4 seconds for all areas, but some people I play with totally beat this. Are they Solid State Drive users?

I'm thinking of picking one up if it's a sure way to compete with these people in random TACO runs.

Looking for some opinions on this subject.

Thank you. ^_^

SSD, Raid 0 and/or high fps (low graphic settings) give you faster loading times.

dr apocalipsis
Mar 23, 2014, 11:08 AM
Internet connection have an important role here.

I have PSO2 installed into a SSD and it just idles waiting for map to load from server.

Zettabyte
Mar 23, 2014, 12:56 PM
Yeah, connection matters a lot more than hard drive. SSDs are nice, sure, but the biggest bottleneck is getting the next area's data from the server.

Source: taking my SSD laptop between two places, one with a ridiculously shitty connection.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 23, 2014, 01:01 PM
I upgraded to an SSD last year and I have to say there really wasn't much difference between playing on my HDD and my SSD.

Sizustar
Mar 23, 2014, 01:30 PM
Faster internet and lower graphic setting will improve load time, more then a SSD.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Mar 23, 2014, 02:34 PM
Faster internet and lower graphic setting will improve load time, more then a SSD.

This is the best answer.

A lot of JP players tone their graphics to the lowest possible so they can load ultra quick in TA's.

That said I'm an SSD user (Samsung evo 840) and I can say it does help but not much. But it's def better than an HDD.