PDA

View Full Version : Vita PSO2 Current Game Size?

Sarthraa
Mar 23, 2014, 02:02 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to soon be getting a PS Vita and I want to start playing PSO2 on the Vita if possible, however I'm not sure what the size of the game is. If I were to get an 8 GB card, would it be enough to play the game? I think the JP PS Store has the size stated to be around 5.5 GB, but I want to be sure of how updates work. Does each update increase the size of the game? Thanks in advance.

Shadowth117
Mar 23, 2014, 02:13 PM
Most increase the size of the game. I'm not sure its exceeded 8 gb yet, but its expected to as I recall.

Although that's just for the downloadable version. Alternatively, you can also get one of the premium package versions which, since most of it is stored on the card, is a lot smaller. Updates will still increase the game's size over time, but having most of the music and videos (which are the most hefty files) stored on the game card rather than your storage card is nice.

blace
Mar 23, 2014, 02:21 PM
The game cartridge will definitely with space restrictions, and 8GB may not cut it with the years updates coming around. If you can't import the game, 16GB, 32GB or even 64GB might be a better choice, but realistically 16 should be enough for the game and whatever future updates.

Sarthraa
Mar 23, 2014, 02:26 PM
Okay, thanks guys. I'll probably break down and get a 16 GB to set aside for PSO2. The Vita I'm gonna get might have a memory card already but I doubt it'll be 16GB.

blace
Mar 23, 2014, 02:27 PM
The Vita only comes with a 4GB card, not nearly enough for any of the downloadable games from PSN let alone DLC for the games.

Sarthraa
Mar 23, 2014, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I should have said that I'm looking at purchasing from a local used game store, so they may have something larger.

ReaperTheAbsol
Mar 24, 2014, 10:57 AM
If you downloaded PSO2 with no game cartridge you'll need 8977MB (8.76GB).
The game is going to update tomorrow, and the new requirement should be about 9097MB (8.88GB) if you don't have the card.

Sarthraa
Mar 24, 2014, 11:37 PM
Are you serious...I shouldn't have jumped the gun and bought the 8 GB card, then....now I have to try to return it and get the 16 GB card instead. So much for that, then.

.Jack
Mar 24, 2014, 11:54 PM
I went through this a few weeks ago. Bought a vita when the chrome dragon came out just for that with the 8gig recommended, played it for a few hours and didn't touch it again for months. When I picked it up again the game and the update was 9gig+ so I couldn't play anymore due to the size limit. A 16gig is a must now if you're downloading everything from start (game/update).

Sarthraa
Mar 25, 2014, 12:15 AM
I'm hoping it doesn't near the 16 GB mark anytime soon, though....these memory cards are too dang expensive. I'm hoping somebody I know can buy the 8 GB from me to save me some hassle.