PDA

View Full Version : The next set of SH AQs is coming...

Arksenth
Mar 24, 2014, 10:03 PM
Is anyone hoping that at least some of the 11s weapons from SH AQs will be super rare? I was kind of disappointed with this batch of AQs - nothing that drops there is particularly uncommon, and it feels like there isn't really anything to work towards. It would be nice if there were at least a few uncommon 11s with a slight edge over common ones to balance out the trash ones so people actually have a motivation to run AQ...

BIG OLAF
Mar 24, 2014, 10:05 PM
If so, it'll be the rares in the Sky AQ. Sky always seems to get the hyper uber-rare stuff every time there's an update to its drop tables.

Zenobia
Mar 24, 2014, 10:05 PM
Long as that one Katana I saw has a shitty latent and isn't stronger then I'll be fine but it has Judgement and is stronger than the rock bear one well....also skylands will be my playground for Susano hunting people will be spamming that area.

gaijin_punch
Mar 24, 2014, 10:36 PM
Agreed. Some of the 11-stars definitely drop a bit too much.

Shadowth117
Mar 24, 2014, 10:42 PM
Oh no, obtainable drops! How horrid!

Chdata
Mar 24, 2014, 10:42 PM
I think the only goal to achieve out of that

obtain the 30 11* twin daggers or mech guns or whatever you need to 50 element your more expensive falz/TD 11*.

lol

Lol at how 360 the community has gone. I remember back in the day...

"rare drop rate is horrible! rares don't exist!"

Now it's

"god damn, 11* are way too common"

gigawuts
Mar 24, 2014, 10:48 PM

obtain the 30 11* twin daggers or mech guns or whatever you need to 50 element your more expensive falz/TD 11*.

lol

Now it's

Everyone has a different opinion, so there's bound to be someone who dislikes something about the game no matter what it is. Rares are rare? I want to find them. Rares are common? Mine aren't special anymore.

Dnd
Mar 24, 2014, 10:50 PM

How dare sega actually listen to us after 2 years of retardedly high drop-rates!
Honestly, I've said it before but this is so, so god dam amusing it hurts my sides.

Semi rare drops from AQs? we already have them. But not being 1/100000 and not worth 100mill doesn't count, i suppose right?

ugonna100
Mar 24, 2014, 10:50 PM
Wait so you're telling me I can get Helen Trager TMG if I do the SH TA and it WON'T be hard as balls?

Macman
Mar 24, 2014, 11:28 PM
Ain't it the worst? Now I can't fuel people's envy with my ugly 11* Garongo katana!

We've endured a year and a half of absolutely horrid drop rates. It's a breath of fresh air to actually have a reasonable shot at getting something useful.

Zenobia
Mar 24, 2014, 11:31 PM
Ehh people want to stroke those epeens pretty hard I see. Doesn't matter if some don't get them in the new SH AQ's people will just buy them and your precious rare that you found still wont be common so all that is irrelevant.

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2014, 11:52 PM
Is anyone hoping that at least some of the 11s weapons from SH AQs will be super rare? I was kind of disappointed with this batch of AQs - nothing that drops there is particularly uncommon, and it feels like there isn't really anything to work towards. It would be nice if there were at least a few uncommon 11s with a slight edge over common ones to balance out the trash ones so people actually have a motivation to run AQ...

...what's wrong with you?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 25, 2014, 12:00 AM

Get out.

Coatl
Mar 25, 2014, 12:03 AM
Before: Rares are too rare so why bother playing the game to get them.
Now: Rares are too common so why bother playing the game to get them.

I don't think the problem is the drop rates.

Chdata
Mar 25, 2014, 12:04 AM
TBH I'm happy with top damage gear being easily accessible now, to the point that the more expensive part is the grinding/affixing of it.

Arksenth
Mar 25, 2014, 12:06 AM
Ugh!

I hate using the same weapons as poor people!

What is wrong with all of you?

The elite weapons belong only to the elite class!

Sigh!

The nerve of poor people!

Macman
Mar 25, 2014, 12:07 AM
Says you. I enjoy SH AQ because I might actually see something interesting drop that's not a fucking 7*.

I witnessed my friend who exclusively uses Double Sabers get the 11* one in Desert on her 2nd run through it and it was satisfying both to me and her to see that drop (She was stuck with Dio Spiritia at the time). She's a fan of Wise Stance so watching her reaction to the latent was even more pleasing.

If this still worked like VH AQ we'd just be seeing 200 blue double sabers over the course of 7 months before it would drop, and by then there'd be 12* double sabers or something which were the new standard.

EDIT:

Ugh!

Sigh!

The nerve of you! Bow to my God Hand, 11* pleb!

Arksenth
Mar 25, 2014, 12:10 AM
It has Spirit Collector as a latent.

Spirit Collector.

On a Knuckle.

You should feel bad, poor person!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 25, 2014, 12:11 AM
Ugh!

Sigh!

For a second there, I took your OP seriously.

Now you're back to normal.

Macman
Mar 25, 2014, 12:14 AM
It has Spirit Collector as a latent.

Spirit Collector.

On a Knuckle.

You should feel bad, poor person!
Keep grasping for straws the same way you grasp for Falz's loot, you unblessed, unworthy, unlucky commoner!

This is more fun than it should be. Send help.

Arksenth
Mar 25, 2014, 12:17 AM
I don't even do the Dark Falz EQ anymore, poor person!

Dark Falz Elder is a poor person, and thus, unworthy of my time!

I can't even be assed to show my radiance in front of him!

I know I am so pretty and rich!

Chdata
Mar 25, 2014, 12:29 AM
I want psycho wand

so I can put malluda soul, pow III, and tech III on it.

and go melee te with it

it's a rod

Macman
Mar 25, 2014, 12:30 AM
I remember when Psycho Wand was still brand new, it's s-atk was comparable to top-end swords at the time.

Zorafim
Mar 25, 2014, 12:44 AM

Ah, this entire exchange made my day.
Well, it was a pretty good day overall, so I wouldn't go that far. I guess it made my...minute? However much time it took to read it.

btw-Niji
Mar 25, 2014, 12:51 AM

I agree with this guy!

Get out of this thread, you poor people!

Macman
Mar 25, 2014, 12:56 AM
Dark Falz Elder drops the most amount of Meseta next to Mesetan. He's very much not poor.

Rakurai
Mar 25, 2014, 01:00 AM
Wonder how long it'll be before they release some TMGs better the ones available from the current SHAQs. They'd have to have a really good latent to be worth consideration, and I really doubt the ones being released in the next set of AQs will be worth it at all.

That or they could finally release a set of TMGs with high T-ATK on them. FO/GU could actually be decent assuming that you can abuse S-Roll Bonus with techs that have a travel time like Na/Il Foie.

Chdata
Mar 25, 2014, 01:16 AM
Mesetan is poor!

Only has 300k!

That is less than 0.000001% of my wealth!

Ho ho ho!

Poor people!

(actually I'm really poor, never broke 25m)

HBK666
Mar 25, 2014, 01:52 AM
Mesetan is poor!

Only has 300k!

That is less than 0.000001% of my wealth!

Ho ho ho!

Poor people!

(actually I'm really poor, never broke 25m)

http://s0.uploads.im/rTM48.gif

strikerhunter
Mar 25, 2014, 02:10 AM
Yea 11*s are easy now but don't worry, in a few months we'll get new falz and new 12 man EQ this summer that well have 12* and 13* with ungodly drop rates.

Macman
Mar 25, 2014, 02:11 AM
Mesetan is poor!

Only has 300k!
Then you consider how many people Falz/Mesetan has to divvy up their handouts across the playerbase...

Zipzo
Mar 25, 2014, 02:37 AM
Keep grasping for straws the same way you grasp for Falz's loot, you unblessed, unworthy, unlucky commoner!

This is more fun than it should be. Send help.

I find the act to be tiresome and overplayed, he rarely brings anything new to the table. I've read more interesting trolls at Shoryuken.

isCasted
Mar 25, 2014, 05:50 AM
If you want better weapons, grind XQs. SHAQ weapons can be used for boosting elements of those.

jcart953
Mar 25, 2014, 06:06 AM
Before: Rares are too rare so why bother playing the game to get them.
Now: Rares are too common so why bother playing the game to get them.

I don't think the problem is the drop rates.

Yup this ^

Rien
Mar 25, 2014, 06:09 AM
I've been doing so many SHAQs and I'm yet to obtain an 11* sword or katana

I think the high drop rates should be kept as-is... or boosted even higher.

Zipzo
Mar 25, 2014, 06:13 AM
I think people's idea of the drop rates are over inflated from boost week. I seriously have only received a total of 3 11* weapons and I have run a looooot of AQs, meanwhile folks I know who have gotten none, and other folks I know have passes out the hoohah.

It's just RNG.

Friyn
Mar 25, 2014, 06:49 AM
I think people's idea of the drop rates are over inflated from boost week. I seriously have only received a total of 3 11* weapons and I have run a looooot of AQs, meanwhile folks I know who have gotten none, and other folks I know have passes out the hoohah.

It's just RNG.

Started running SH AQs after couple days into boost week. Up till this day I've found ~30x 11* weapons. Droprate for 11*s is very high, atleast off trash mobs. I haven't found nowhere near all of 11*s there are, but that's why there is a premium.

Shinamori
Mar 25, 2014, 06:49 AM
Yeah it's RNG. I ran 4 forest SHAQs sunday and I gor about 3-4 11*, 1 of which I was using an 250%, the other 3 was just using the 50% RDR boost at the time. I don't think the drop rate is that high. It's just that people spammed SHAQs so much that it seemed high.

Saffran
Mar 25, 2014, 06:58 AM
I dunno, one AQ forest, one 11 stars.
Since I'm actually too poor to keep up with girnding affxing stuff, I can't say I'm too excited about *more* easy 11 stars to be obtained.
And at the same time I'm glad they do drop, because my gear is outdated...
It's very bizarre.

RadiantLegend
Mar 25, 2014, 07:26 AM
I'm fine with the drop rates. Seeing one 11* every few runs is satisfying.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 07:26 AM
Yeah it's RNG. I ran 4 forest SHAQs sunday and I gor about 3-4 11*, 1 of which I was using an 250%, the other 3 was just using the 50% RDR boost at the time. I don't think the drop rate is that high. It's just that people spammed SHAQs so much that it seemed high.

Compared to regular SH rares and VH AQ rares, it's high.

FupaVirus
Mar 25, 2014, 07:39 AM

lol

Now it's

That's a 180, lol. If the community 360'd they be back where they started. xD

jooozek
Mar 25, 2014, 07:42 AM
even if you compare it to tower defense the drop rates are really great
i've got like 51 11* passes now and also sold few weapons, including 2x 50 element desert shaq twin mechs
i don't care if all but few of those are worthless, they are almost all good and have nice requirements like defense ones, don't even need x-attack mags to equip good shit
what is there to bitch about? you are capped, you can do the SHAQs then you very well bloody deserve the drop rates

Zipzo
Mar 25, 2014, 07:55 AM
That's a 180, lol. If the community 360'd they be back where they started. xD

Maybe it was an old play at an old joke...

Chdata
Mar 25, 2014, 09:45 AM
who cares lol!

UnLucky
Mar 25, 2014, 09:47 AM
Yeah, just the other day I got four 11*s and two Holy Rays from SHAQ Forest.

Sad that the only thing you can do with them is make passes since I don't have 11* daggers or knuckles that I want to 50%. They're next to useless if you're not planning on equipping them.

At least my Light 3s Holy Ray sold for 250k, though!

Chdata
Mar 25, 2014, 09:47 AM
Then you consider how many people Falz/Mesetan has to divvy up their handouts across the playerbase...

Ho ho ho!

I make more than that in a day!

(I know some people who probably actually do).

Shinamori
Mar 25, 2014, 11:17 AM
I just wonder if Susano's will get cheaper.

Arksenth
Mar 25, 2014, 11:20 AM
Susanoguren prices will probably crash with SH F. Cont AQ, yeah.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 25, 2014, 11:21 AM
I just wonder if Susano's will get cheaper.

White day is still on for today.

SHAQ F cont is coming tomorrow.

Boost week is over, so most anyone that wanted a pimped susano got one and affixed it during that week, so they're selling slower=more time for people to undercut each other in stupid intervals.

Then there's the known-unknown in the form of new SHAQ katanas.

Yes, as hard as it is even for me to believe, susanos will get even cheaper within the week.

Slightly less relevant factors; We're going to get a bio katana eventually. TD2 has a katana, but most likely has the -17% pp cost potential, and most likely wont make up for the damage loss of not having judgement time through pure s atk advantage.

UnLucky
Mar 25, 2014, 11:21 AM
They already dropped a bunch from White Day, despite Chris rarely showing up.

Arksenth
Mar 25, 2014, 11:23 AM
I thought non-rare Quartz drops it too, though?

Bio Katana is going to make the Susanoguren price crash even more.

UnLucky
Mar 25, 2014, 11:26 AM
Normal Quartz does too, I think, yeah.

But I meant more Darker bosses and Noire crashed the party

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 25, 2014, 11:33 AM
I thought non-rare Quartz drops it too, though?

Bio Katana is going to make the Susanoguren price crash even more.

As I've said.

I just said that was slightly less relevant facter sine we don't know exactly when we're getting 51-60 oceanids XQ floors. It would most likely after susano drops to less than 10mil.

Normal Quartz does too, I think, yeah.

Correct. Both quartz and cryss drop susano

Tenlade
Mar 25, 2014, 11:57 AM
Everyone has a different opinion, so there's bound to be someone who dislikes something about the game no matter what it is. Rares are rare? I want to find them. Rares are common? Mine aren't special anymore.

I think the issue lately is "shit, i already maxed all my character's levels and have my rares. what do I do now?"

Most people on my team either got all the gear they need until the next difficulty increase or are waiting for a specific rare to come out. The drop rate is pretty great for non premium users, but even then the fully affixed 10* trade ins are pretty good as well since they already come at 50 element

UnLucky
Mar 25, 2014, 11:59 AM
That's why everything ever is going to come out soon.

Shinamori
Mar 25, 2014, 12:09 PM
We'll cheapest 1 in ship 2 is JUST shy for 14.9mil. Hell, I saw one for 20mil Lv3 latent 3s, and 50%. I think it was fire or light.

Edit: Fixed a typo.

Arksenth
Mar 25, 2014, 12:36 PM
We'll cheapest 1 in ship is JUST shy for 14.9mil. Hell, I saw one for 2mil Lv3 latent 3s, and 50%. I think it was fire or light.

=|

This is my point.

Now that the 11s weapons are the "to have" weapons, what is there to work towards in this game? 15m or less is absolute chump change, and that's probably the most expensive you'd pay for a top tier weapon now.

I miss the days of when top-tier stuff cost 100m+.

:-?

Shinamori
Mar 25, 2014, 12:38 PM
Ohohoho poor people?

15mil is quite a lot for me. Then again, there's no telling how many people actually has one.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 12:39 PM
I enjoy being able to hunt weapons in a reasonable time frame as opposed to it taking so long to drop that the next, better tier of weapons is out.

Arksenth
Mar 25, 2014, 12:40 PM
I enjoy being able to hunt weapons in a reasonable time frame as opposed to it taking so long to drop that the next, better tier of weapons is out.

Why don't you just buy it?

I mean, if you don't have the meseta to buy it immediately on release, I understand. You can just wait a few days for prices to hover down a little.

Shinamori
Mar 25, 2014, 12:42 PM
I personally love to buy the 11* ZRA TMGs, but I don't have premium. Though honestly, I wouldn't spend over 10~12mil on a weapon. I bought a Ran Glitter for 1mil, and I found 1 within 2 days. -_-

nathanielzor
Mar 25, 2014, 12:57 PM
15m for a weapon is too cheap?
Why dont you go spend 100m 7 slotting them then!

ShinMaruku
Mar 25, 2014, 12:59 PM
I'd rather there be rares that are build and game changing. Farther than the point of the elysion where they make certain builds and combinations viable like crit mass was in diablo 3.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 01:08 PM
Why don't you just buy it?

I mean, if you don't have the meseta to buy it immediately on release, I understand. You can just wait a few days for prices to hover down a little.

Not that I don't have meseta for top tier weps (I dumped 106mil on my Susano :wacko:), but some of us like to actually hunt things in this game... that's kind of been one of the pastimes I enjoy doing with Phantasy Star since GameCube.

ShinMaruku
Mar 25, 2014, 01:11 PM
Sometimes I wonder if people play the game for the loot or for the game. I like that the game tries to balance both but would be suited to doing one over the other. I mean Blizzard can't do it and those people are true believers.

Tenlade
Mar 25, 2014, 01:34 PM
=|

This is my point.

Now that the 11s weapons are the "to have" weapons, what is there to work towards in this game? 15m or less is absolute chump change, and that's probably the most expensive you'd pay for a top tier weapon now.

I miss the days of when top-tier stuff cost 100m+.

A man with all the money in the world, and can't spend it on anything. Poetic.

ShinMaruku
Mar 25, 2014, 01:40 PM
A true rich man would be in making money regardless of spending. I think we found a fraud.

gigawuts
Mar 25, 2014, 01:42 PM
arksenth should get some 8slotted waterguns

like i'm not even joking

i need to see this

they don't even have to be good affixes, i just really need to see this

Arksenth
Mar 25, 2014, 01:51 PM

like i'm not even joking

i need to see this

why would i spend eight consecutive days buying weapons from the market and running back to dudu to have it fail every single time

im not a rng god

whats in it for me

strikerhunter
Mar 25, 2014, 02:01 PM
why would i spend eight consecutive days buying weapons from the market and running back to dudu to have it fail every single time

im not a rng god

But yo Klotho's brother!

ShinMaruku
Mar 25, 2014, 02:08 PM

im not a rng god

whats in it for me

And that is why you rich but not wealthy. :P Gain some wealth.

SisterPrincess
Mar 25, 2014, 02:09 PM

like i'm not even joking

i need to see this

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23125490

Someone did grind it to 8 slot already. It's nothing new anymore.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 02:50 PM
And that is why you rich but not wealthy. :P Gain some wealth.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wealthy

btw-Niji
Mar 25, 2014, 03:06 PM
When does this guy stop embarrassing himself in every post?

BIG OLAF
Mar 25, 2014, 04:18 PM
Someone did grind it to 8 slot already. It's nothing new anymore.

Where did he say it was something "new?"

He just said he wanted to see Arksenth do it.

Arksenth
Mar 25, 2014, 04:39 PM
Gigawuts wants to see me do lots of things.

None of those things are happening.

(Unless he pays my $24.98 a minute webcam guy fee)

pkemr4
Mar 25, 2014, 04:51 PM
wonder if these new SHAQ's will drop anything better then the current 3 SHAQ's we have...

BIG OLAF
Mar 25, 2014, 04:58 PM
wonder if these new SHAQ's will drop anything better then the current 3 SHAQ's we have...

Of course they will. Planned obsolescence and all.

Chdata
Mar 25, 2014, 05:04 PM
I want to buy some 70m affixed guld milas and sell my old ones...

but i'm poor

Tenlade
Mar 25, 2014, 05:28 PM
Gigawuts wants to see me do lots of things.

None of those things are happening.

(Unless he pays my $24.98 a minute webcam guy fee)
24.98? Are you buying a new webcam every minute with that fee?

gaijin_punch
Mar 25, 2014, 09:03 PM
Out of curiosity, for those that like the current 11-star drop rates, did you ever play the DC or GC PSO games? I understand w/ content being updated regularly, rarity can change, but from what I read on the internet, the drop rates still seemed way better than definitely the DC, and in a lot of cases the GC.

Also seems there's lots of desirable 10-stars (Susano) that don't drop nearly as much as the 11-stars. Just my observation.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 09:20 PM
I could hunt spread needle in a few days spamming ULT EN4 (ruins) from Merlans at a 1/900 drop rate. ~35 runs on average per drop. Meanwhile I've killed 1300+ quartz and never gotten a susano after months. I think that speaks for itself right there.

Edit: We could throw in Pwand, HPunisher, Sealed J-Sword if you like. Pwand/Hpunisher were 1/213 from Mil Lily (Purplenum) & Hildetorr (Bluefull?) which were annoying but still huntable. 1/213 is a BETTER drop rate than the VH/SH rare enemies in PSO2 by a long shot for essentially outdated equipment now (Diez Liu for example). Sealed J-Sword, yes that was a bitch to hunt. You had basically no choice but to do PW4 first few floor spam to hunt that and its dull. But that is ONE item unlike PSO2s essentially entire SH arsenal of equips that have equivalent or worse drop rates.

gaijin_punch
Mar 25, 2014, 10:03 PM
I could hunt spread needle in a few days spamming ULT EN4 (ruins) from Merlans at a 1/900 drop rate. ~35 runs on average per drop. Meanwhile I've killed 1300+ quartz and never gotten a susano after months. I think that speaks for itself right there.

The Susano was the 10-star I was referencing above. ;)

I did Heat Sword Forest 1 700 times, and never got a Hang Gun: Milla. :( That might be what turned me off from the game. There's tons of other brutal drops. 1/213 is a good drop rate but the rare enemy rate in PSO is shit unless you use the Ryuka trick. Now THAT was dull.

Admittedly I've not been playing PSO2 long. I'm basing my findings on getting 11-stars relatively easily in SHAQs. How many items are there in the Susano tier? That is, highly desired and rarely drop?

I guess PSO2's "awful" drop rates never got close to the DCs, which sucked balls. The other thing here that changes everything is the ease of buying from shops. Trading on the GC even was quite cumbersome. Totally required forums, and tons of actual work.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 10:06 PM
The Susano was the 10-star I was referencing above. ;)

I did Heat Sword Forest 1 700 times, and never got a Hang Gun: Milla. :( That might be what turned me off from the game. There's tons of other brutal drops. 1/213 is a good drop rate but the rare enemy rate in PSO is shit unless you use the Ryuka trick. Now THAT was dull.

PSOBB had more efficient methods for hunting rare enemies (online quests, for example). It was still dull, but not seemingly impossible like hunting anything in this game.

Zipzo
Mar 25, 2014, 10:08 PM

Edit: We could throw in Pwand, HPunisher, Sealed J-Sword if you like. Pwand/Hpunisher were 1/213 from Mil Lily (Purplenum) & Hildetorr (Bluefull?) which were annoying but still huntable. 1/213 is a BETTER drop rate than the VH/SH rare enemies in PSO2 by a long shot for essentially outdated equipment now (Diez Liu for example). Sealed J-Sword, yes that was a bitch to hunt. You had basically no choice but to do PW4 first few floor spam to hunt that and its dull. But that is ONE item unlike PSO2s essentially entire SH arsenal of equips that have equivalent or worse drop rates.

*ahem

I'm sorry, you actually found a Sealed J Sword?

I never found anything in PSO of such value. Ever.

Z-0
Mar 25, 2014, 10:08 PM
PSOBB was nice for hunting because you could always improve your hunt in some way and it was nice to do that.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 10:15 PM
*ahem

I'm sorry, you actually found a Sealed J Sword?

I never found anything in PSO of such value. Ever.

I never bothered hunting that because I didn't play a Hunter besides HUcast (Red Sword + Excalibur for that job). I did find Agito 1975 (same rarity as Lavis Cannon), ironically from a Tollaw while leveling my umpteenth char through TTF. Also found a Psycho Wand which my FOnewm never let out of his grasp (still plows through existence on a special server :wacko:).

Z-0
Mar 25, 2014, 10:22 PM
I just traded for my TJS, I'm a scrub.

gaijin_punch
Mar 25, 2014, 10:36 PM
PSOBB was nice for hunting because you could always improve your hunt in some way and it was nice to do that.

It was better in a few ways, definitely. Some, not so much.

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, just generally wondering. Seems Sonic Team's stance on drops changed a few times, with the DC being atrocious, the GC being tolerable on some things (but still tough), them getting a bit easier to hunt, with more options, on BB, and then Episode IV's drop rates going to shit... and half the items being total turds. :D

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 10:41 PM
They later fixed Ep4 drops to be as reasonable as Ep1/2 rates. Some stuff, like Lame D'argent/Excalibur actually became rarer, but deservedly so. It was 1/21 from a 1/10 chance rare boss so it wasn't that difficult to hunt before the drop changes.

Zipzo
Mar 25, 2014, 10:42 PM
I just traded for my TJS, I'm a scrub.

Call me ol'e fashioned but I was under the impression that if you traded for one of these it was just a dupe, as the existence of these in legitimate form was either so decisively rare or non-existent even (the community couldn't even agree on the theories of how to unlock the SJS, I remember at least 5 different ones).

I never bothered hunting that because I didn't play a Hunter besides HUcast (Red Sword + Excalibur for that job). I did find Agito 1975 (same rarity as Lavis Cannon), ironically from a Tollaw while leveling my umpteenth char through TTF. Also found a Psycho Wand which my FOnewm never let out of his grasp (still plows through existence on a special server :wacko:).

I was a HUnewearl and the rarest things I ever found (and used forever until the game died) was a Flowen Sword model AUW84 that I teched to 35% hit. The one that drains TP for damage. It was so leet. I found a Sacred Cloth that became my favorite armor to wear due to the resistance to paralysis, and aside from that pretty much every other quality item I used I had to trade for.

Z-0
Mar 25, 2014, 10:45 PM
Call me ol'e fashioned but I was under the impression that if you traded for one of these it was just a dupe, as the existence of these in legitimate form was either so decisively rare or non-existent even (the community couldn't even agree on the theories of how to unlock the SJS, I remember at least 5 different ones).
You killed some number of enemies with it, then "used" it.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 10:46 PM

It was established that you needed 23k kill hits to unlock the sword a while ago (PSOBB days). Lame D'argent needed 10k and Limiter (unit) needed to 20k.

gaijin_punch
Mar 25, 2014, 11:19 PM
Best item I found was a Red Sword w/ about 30% hit. And, FSOD'ed it. :(

The adjusted Ep4 items were fine... when it first came out though... what a pain.

Sad that a lot of those items will fade into obscurity, unless you want to play on a private server.

Punisher106
Mar 26, 2014, 10:19 AM
Best item I found was a Red Sword w/ about 30% hit. And, FSOD'ed it. :(

The adjusted Ep4 items were fine... when it first came out though... what a pain.

Sad that a lot of those items will fade into obscurity, unless you want to play on a private server.

*Waves his HS which took 2 years to find* >.>

Ce'Nedra
Mar 26, 2014, 10:38 AM
*sees discussion about uber rares on PSO1* *hides 3 memory cards with all but 3 of them...with hit %*

I wish I had that kind of luck on PSO2 ^^;

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 10:56 AM
Poor people talking about PSOBB.

I made mad money with BB, thanks based proxy.

milranduil
Mar 26, 2014, 11:20 AM
Poor people talking about PSOBB.

I made mad money with BB, thanks based proxy.

Joke's on you meseta was worthless in PSO1 :wacko:

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 11:25 AM
Joke's on you meseta was worthless in PSO1 :wacko:

Jokes on you, meseta was the real thing in psobb unlike pso2. Only a poor player played a non-hucast class.

Thank you based Vjaya.
Hucast-domination!

milranduil
Mar 26, 2014, 11:26 AM
zerk/hell needle or gtfo

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 11:32 AM
zerk/hell needle or gtfo

Sup stonecutter,

Hell is an episode 2 only thing and even there it isn't as reliable as killing in one to two swings with vjaya. Zerk needle is useless as fuck. Why? Ra's have low atp, the needle has low atp, the damage is even when zerking low as fuck compared to the damage output of a hucast. Let's not forget the ability to one shot every single enemy with a combo locked DF.

Edit: Besides Delbiter, Dorphons, Detonators and Girtablulu which would require a combo unlocked DF.

RadiantLegend
Mar 26, 2014, 11:40 AM
Demons Needle > ALL

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 11:42 AM
Demons Needle > ALL

Depends too much on activations, therefore its only good on girtablulu. And even then I'd recommend a demons-mechgun or slicer of fanatic ( SNS )

Cheers poor players

Punisher106
Mar 26, 2014, 11:50 AM
Jokes on you, meseta was the real thing in psobb unlike pso2. Only a poor player played a non-hucast class.

Thank you based Vjaya.
Hucast-domination!

zerk/hell needle or gtfo

Excalibur says hi.

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 11:52 AM
Excalibur says hi.

Hucast+excal->ra+excal

Excalibur has totally the same damage output as vjaya and also hits in the same angle/range :-o

Poor players astonish me

Macman
Mar 26, 2014, 11:53 AM
Hit% M&A Vise here, tearing up bosses faster than you can say "Photon Drop"

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 11:58 AM
Hit% M&A Vise here, tearing up bosses faster than you can say "Photon Drop"

Have fun spamming that Towards The Future and Respective Tomorrow all day, because poor players are unable to play a real quest

.Melody.
Mar 26, 2014, 12:25 PM
Have fun spamming that Towards The Future and Respective Tomorrow all day, because poor players are unable to play a real quest

There are no real quests on pso2. huehuehue

milranduil
Mar 26, 2014, 03:11 PM
Sup stonecutter,

Hell is an episode 2 only thing and even there it isn't as reliable as killing in one to two swings with vjaya. Zerk needle is useless as fuck. Why? Ra's have low atp, the needle has low atp, the damage is even when zerking low as fuck compared to the damage output of a hucast. Let's not forget the ability to one shot every single enemy with a combo locked DF.

Edit: Besides Delbiter, Dorphons, Detonators and Girtablulu which would require a combo unlocked DF.

Ya, RAcasts sucks.
[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAfv2WRi3qE
[/spoiler-box]

BIG OLAF
Mar 26, 2014, 03:46 PM
Poor players astonish me

poor players are unable to play a real quest

The fuck is this guy, Arksenth's cousin?

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 04:13 PM
Everyone wants to be like me, the prettiest and most popular cheerleader in all of PSO-World High!

It's like I show up to school with a dildo one day and then the next day everyone is sporting it like the new fashion accessory.

Ohohohohohohoho!

Poor person can't even afford their own personalities!

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 05:20 PM
Ya, RAcasts sucks.
[spoiler-box]
lolk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAfv2WRi3qE)
[/spoiler-box]

Sup stonecutter,

You did well poor player. Well in admitting how racast sucks. Let's take a look at the not updated Record list:

https://sites.google.com/site/psobbrecords/ultmode

[SPOILER-BOX]Maximum Attack 4th Stage -4C- (MA4C EP4)

1) 21:29 (remaining) mt79607 (HUct), 16085k (FOnm), Alukard (HUmr), 500ryu (HUct) 2013-09-15

2) 21:23 (remaining) Brandon (HUct), Joey (FOnm), iter (RAct), Dyne (HUct) 2012-09-24
[Video 1], [Video 2], [Video 3]

3) 21:00 (remaining) mt79607 (RAct), Revision (HUct), Alukard (HUmr), DGM (FOnl) 2012-08-13[/SPOILER-BOX]

seems like that casual racast run isn't even in the list. And that list isn't even updated, there is a unlisted run that is alot faster than those and has Fo+Hucast only :)

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIkI-7wMoD8

16'17 with 4way PB ( Lvl 81 Shifta/deband) on 3x racasts and a ramarl vs

[SPOILER] 1) 16:35 (remaining) Revision (HUct), mt79607 (HUct), 16085k (FOml), Alukard (HUct)

which is a fo+3x hucasts no pb run ( lvl 30 shifta/deband for the uninformed poor players). DAMN RACAST IS DA BEST.

O wait, look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FRwNDL3J1Q

16'33 4way PB (again this is level 81 shifta and deband, highest S/D available) run on RA only (3x Ract, 1x ramar )

This must be unbeatable, because ract etc....o wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cqmdD7XiKc

damn son, two hucasts with lvl 41 shifta/deband ( 2way) pwning them racasts.

Don't bother arguing with a god like me, adios poor player[/SPOILER-BOX]

Everyone wants to be like me, the prettiest and most popular cheerleader in all of PSO-World High!

It's like I show up to school with a dildo one day and then the next day everyone is sporting it like the new fashion accessory.

Ohohohohohohoho!

Poor person can't even afford their own personalities!

Hello casual,

please stop pretending like a pre-existing being like me would imitate a poor person like you. I'm your father my son, I know about my creation. There is no need for denial.

Anyway, cheers anyway

milranduil
Mar 26, 2014, 05:30 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]

You did well poor player. Well in admitting how racast sucks. Let's take a look at the not updated Record list:

https://sites.google.com/site/psobbrecords/ultmode

[SPOILER-BOX]Maximum Attack 4th Stage -4C- (MA4C EP4)

1) 21:29 (remaining) mt79607 (HUct), 16085k (FOnm), Alukard (HUmr), 500ryu (HUct) 2013-09-15

2) 21:23 (remaining) Brandon (HUct), Joey (FOnm), iter (RAct), Dyne (HUct) 2012-09-24
[Video 1], [Video 2], [Video 3]

3) 21:00 (remaining) mt79607 (RAct), Revision (HUct), Alukard (HUmr), DGM (FOnl) 2012-08-13[/SPOILER-BOX]

seems like that casual racast run isn't even in the list. And that list isn't even updated, there is a unlisted run that is alot faster than those and has Fo+Hucast only :)[/spoiler-box]

You successfully linked me to runs that barely beat the RAcast run I linked to that is five years old by runs that are less than a year old. Obviously valid comparison

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 05:44 PM
You successfully linked me to runs that barely beat the RAcast run I linked to that is five years old by runs that are less than a year old. Obviously valid comparison

Ever heard of natural selection? Proving this with links from a more recent time supports my statement even further. RAcast proved to be alot slower than HUcast. Guess why the current ta'ers don't use racasts? Everyone of us has fully geared racasts. Everyone among us is aware that hucast is by far better. There is another reason why they didn't use hucast: Because they sucked at hunter. Ra is way easier to play and their high hit donation gear has a greater impact on ra than on hu.

I'll keep it short:

Multi-target dmg on ra is low and slow. Further more it increases the probability of damage cancel, because everyone hits the same fucking monster.

HUcast outdamages racast in multi target and single target. There is nothing that a hucast can't combo kill ( A hucast can kill anything in a combo besides Girtablulu. That requires level 81 S/D)

RAcast might have further range, but standing on a spot while killing isn't favourable when you have to move to the next room. HUcast is closer to the next room/spawn, also his attack animations move him forward.

I have nearly all PSOBB records, if you want to prove me wrong, beat me.

Edit: Adios again, poor player

Btw, idk what you are talking about. It's not barely, there is a 1 1/2 min difference in Ma4c pb ep4. No pb vs pb 20s difference is alot in ep2 lol. And two people beating 4 people with a lower shifta level by 20seconds is also alot lmao

milranduil
Mar 26, 2014, 06:04 PM
Ever heard of natural selection? Proving this with links from a more recent time supports my statement even further. RAcast proved to be alot slower than HUcast. Guess why the current ta'ers don't use racasts? Everyone of us has fully geared racasts. Everyone among us is aware that hucast is by far better. There is another reason why they didn't use hucast: Because they sucked at hunter. Ra is way easier to play and their high hit donation gear has a greater impact on ra than on hu.

I'll keep it short:

Multi-target dmg on ra is low and slow. Further more it increases the probability of damage cancel, because everyone hits the same fucking monster.

HUcast outdamages racast in multi target and single target. There is nothing that a hucast can't combo kill ( A hucast can kill anything in a combo besides Girtablulu. That requires level 81 S/D)

RAcast might have further range, but standing on a spot while killing isn't favourable when you have to move to the next room. HUcast is closer to the next room/spawn, also his attack animations move him forward.

I have nearly all PSOBB records, if you want to prove me wrong, beat me.

Edit: Adios again, poor player

Btw, idk what you are talking about. It's not barely, there is a 1 1/2 min difference in Ma4c pb ep4. No pb vs pb 20s difference is alot in ep2 lol. And two people beating 4 people with a lower shifta level by 20seconds is also alot lmao

1) At no point did I say RAcast is better, I just said it didn't suck.
2) I really couldn't care less. It's PSOBB and I've haven't played that for years for a reason.
3) Please, call me a poor person. Ask me the number of fucks I give. Oh, wait it's zero.

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 06:09 PM
you got quite defensive after I proved you wrong. You implied racast wouldn't suck, hopefully you're aware on how much racast sucks now :)

If you don't care, don't get involved in arguements. You clearly implied my statement on racasts was wrong by linking that stupid shit.

After being demonstrated this badly, you should ask a mod if he'd rename you into poor player.

Anyway, adios again again, poor player anyway

BIG OLAF
Mar 26, 2014, 06:46 PM
Hello casual,

please stop pretending like a pre-existing being like me would imitate a poor person like you. I'm your father my son, I know about my creation. There is no need for denial.

Anyway, cheers anyway

Oh, man. This is going to be good, I bet.

Zipzo
Mar 26, 2014, 07:53 PM
The mods honestly just need to start issuing bans for saying "poor people/players/anything else you could put here".

Likely more than two birds with one stone.

btw-Niji
Mar 26, 2014, 08:04 PM
The mods honestly just need to start issuing bans for saying "poor people/players/anything else you could put here".

Only a poor person would suggest this.

Are you upset because we speak the truth, poor person?

Poor people!

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 08:38 PM

Poor people throw with stones, I throw with money.

Damn poor people

Zorafim
Mar 26, 2014, 08:41 PM
The fuck is this guy, Arksenth's cousin?

I think I found him. (http://aresarcadia.esoarcadia.org/characters/images/thumbs/alfonso.jpg)

Ratazana
Mar 26, 2014, 08:56 PM
Only a poor person would suggest this.

Are you upset because we speak the truth, poor person?

Poor people!

He is so poor that he have to monetize the community for "their own good".

Zipzo
Mar 26, 2014, 09:23 PM
Poor people throw with stones, I throw with money.

Damn poor people

I guarantee you, I am not poor lol.

gaijin_punch
Mar 27, 2014, 01:08 AM
Love PSO. Where else can you find grown(?) men fighting about video games online.

gaijin_punch
Mar 27, 2014, 01:09 AM
Nice run, btw, Zipzo. Always felt like EPIV should have been PSO 1&2 plus.

Alfonquez
Mar 27, 2014, 08:11 AM
Love PSO. Where else can you find grown(?) men fighting about video games online.

Hardly a fight, more like a massacre. Poor people can't tell the difference(?)

Mar 27, 2014, 05:54 PM
Ya, RAcasts sucks.
[spoiler-box]
lolk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAfv2WRi3qE)
[/spoiler-box]

Hi, I'm the best Ranger in PSO1 history. RAcast/RA is useless. HUcast is far and away the best character in the game, all versions. This supremacy only got more extreme with Blue Burst. You linked very low level gameplay by modern standards, if you want me to elaborate I can but I'm afraid the nuance of the game will fall on deaf ears if you're not able to grasp why the gameplay in this video is bad. I'll explain some basics I suppose:
CA instead of BL on enemies... Not enough damage, hits more targets so more DMC
Slow switches... All modern players have more accurate switches and don't "Grifter" (use CA) single enemies
Bad Planning... See modern runs

I could go on and on if you want, but those are just a few of the things.
Have a nice day, if you need more information just let me know buddy.

BIG OLAF
Mar 27, 2014, 06:00 PM
Hi, I'm the best Ranger in PSO1 history.

Oh, hello!

Seriously, what is going on around here recently?

Mar 27, 2014, 06:02 PM
Oh, hello!

Poor but I can't spare a Photon Shekle on you. Ask Psycho Beast.

Alfonquez
Mar 27, 2014, 06:03 PM
Poor but I can't spare a Photon Shekle on you. Ask Photon Beast.

fixed

Arksenth
Mar 27, 2014, 06:03 PM
Oh, hello!

I think everyone is pretending to be me or something.

Please!

Get your own personalities, poor people!

Mar 27, 2014, 06:04 PM
fixed

Thank you, I can't recall player's names that don't have records well.

Alfonquez
Mar 27, 2014, 06:05 PM

Please!

Poor people think, a privileged being like me is all knowing. Essentially because I can form the truth with my money.

Damn poor beings

Mar 27, 2014, 06:05 PM
Poor people think, a privileged being like me is all knowing. Essentially because I can form the truth with my money.

Damn poor beings

Check your privilege, he's running Voodoo2 SLI

Alfonquez
Mar 27, 2014, 06:07 PM
Check your privilege, he's running Voodoo2 SLI

Even my butler's butler runs 4 way TITAN SLI's.

Mar 27, 2014, 06:08 PM
Even my butler's butler runs 4 way TITAN SLI's.

Yeah, I don't think these people know about Team "Sponsored by Nvidia" which landed us new rigs.
Between that and all of the PSO RMT I landed a pretty nice computer. Thanks for the memories, PSO1.

Alfonquez
Mar 27, 2014, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I don't think these people know about Team "Sponsored by Nvidia" which landed us new rigs.

Only poor people spend money on rigs.

Rev+
Mar 27, 2014, 06:18 PM
I am the first sponsored PSO player. :)

BIG OLAF
Mar 27, 2014, 06:20 PM
Oh, I see. It's one of those "lol let's all go make accounts and be annoying" groups of tools that show up every once in a while.

Mar 27, 2014, 06:21 PM
Oh, I see. It's one of those "lol let's all go make accounts and be annoying" groups of tools that show up every once in a while.
Good thing I joined in 2011 and have a history of Quality Posting :-?

Alfonquez
Mar 27, 2014, 06:22 PM

Only poor people try analyzing and fail at it. Rich people like me are all knowing....and sponsored

Mar 27, 2014, 06:24 PM
Only poor people try analyzing and fail at it. Rich people like me are all knowing....and sponsored

This. There's plenty of screenshots of the "Sponsored By Nvidia" team on PSO1.

Zorafim
Mar 27, 2014, 06:50 PM

Please!

I have to admit, it can be fun portraying a caricature of a pointlessly elitist snob. It kinda doesn't work when everyone does it, though.
Poor people. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgpsFcNJqqk)