PDA

View Full Version : Unable to do the new EQ...

Electronica
Mar 26, 2014, 06:24 AM
Has anyone else been rendered immobile every time they leave the Campship and is stuck at the spawn point? I've restarted my game 3 times and each time I leave the Campship I am unable to do anything except Chat and Alt+F4...

Hopefully this is a server-side issue and will be fixed soon as honestly, I'm going to be just a tad bit sad if I'm refused access to join this EQ. :(

NexusAZ
Mar 26, 2014, 06:25 AM
It's an issue with the Story Patch. Uninstall and you should be good. If you don't have a backup, you'll probably miss the EQ. AIDA is aware and is currently working on it.

Apologies

Electronica
Mar 26, 2014, 06:36 AM
Ah that explains it, thank you for the info. I'll probably just leave it be for a little bit then as AIDA is very quick on updates from what I've been reading. (Many thanks to all the people involved in the English Patch btw!)

...that and I also don't have a backup, but that's my own fault.

[EDIT] No worries, I can wait patiently. ^^

red1228
Mar 26, 2014, 06:38 AM
Notamusedface.jpeg

Well, as long as its being worked on. Thanks for the continued work.

landman
Mar 26, 2014, 06:43 AM
I don't get the urge to install e-v-e-r-y English patch after updates, can't people wait a few hours?

NexusAZ
Mar 26, 2014, 06:46 AM
I don't get the urge to install e-v-e-r-y English patch after updates, can't people wait a few hours?

The side panel is generally updated before the game is even live and is reliable. In this case, there was an issue server side.

deahamlet
Mar 26, 2014, 06:48 AM

My items are in Japanese, you cannot understand the pain!

:D

landman
Mar 26, 2014, 06:51 AM
The side panel is generally updated before the game is even live and is reliable. In this case, there was an issue server side.
And how do you know, every update, if the server is responding, or if Aida fell asleep/had another technical issue? safest way is to simply install the basic patch.

red1228
Mar 26, 2014, 07:08 AM

I waited 4 hours & the sidebar said they were compatible.

Mistakes are bound to happen & thats understandable. Calling me impatient is grossly inaccurate.

NexusAZ
Mar 26, 2014, 07:12 AM
And how do you know, every update, if the server is responding, or if Aida fell asleep/had another technical issue? safest way is to simply install the basic patch.

AIDA is always awake for the update. It's a habit of hers and I can't tell you the last time she wasn't awake for an update.... if ever. As far as I know, this is the first time this issue has occurred since the statuses of the patches were implemented into the Tweaker. It was an unforeseen issue, which can happen to anybody. Installing only the base EN patch is certainly safer, but not the safest.

Regardless, there's nothing wrong with people installing the patches right after the update when it clearly says that they're compatible. This was a rare occurrence and it wasn't really anyone's fault.