PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Cannon - "boss killler"

Shinamori
Mar 26, 2014, 06:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt07YCwXM2E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt07YCwXM2E

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 26, 2014, 06:45 PM
seems legit

RollTheDice
Mar 26, 2014, 06:50 PM
Greatness?

Mattykins
Mar 26, 2014, 06:51 PM
Doing almost a million damage with one use would be nice if this attack was a bit faster... :c

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 08:58 PM
why

is force

even a class

why

release il foie?????

pkemr4
Mar 26, 2014, 09:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt07YCwXM2E (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt07YCwXM2E)

gg dark falz elder and his ridicoulus hp hands

GALEFORCE
Mar 26, 2014, 09:11 PM
why

is force

even a class

why

release il foie?????

Ilfoie serves a different purpose. Ilfo is better at killing mobs. Ilfo still sucks at it tho, and needs 2 b bettr.

milranduil
Mar 26, 2014, 10:16 PM
Not even using Random Drink. He could have one shot it.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 10:18 PM
Yeah I never know what to do with il foie unless it's something like TD wave 4 where you can pre-charge and hold it.

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 10:25 PM
I used to use Ilfoie as an interlude between wand smacks on Banthers, but now that Ilbarta is out... I dunno.

SakoHaruo
Mar 26, 2014, 10:35 PM
Greatness?

Greatness awaits

Para
Mar 26, 2014, 10:39 PM
... so where can one obtain such a wonderful PA?

Zyrusticae
Mar 26, 2014, 10:43 PM
Ilfoie serves a different purpose. Ilfo is better at killing mobs. Ilfo still sucks at it tho, and needs 2 b bettr.
More like all techs now suck relative to such outrageous power.

This power creep has gotten really out of hand.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 26, 2014, 10:48 PM
More like all techs now suck relative to such outrageous power.

This power creep has gotten really out of hand.

Called it though. Sega has been spineless since after the fury stance nerf. So now they'll (attempt to) make everything equally OP (except teching it seems).

ShinMaruku
Mar 26, 2014, 10:50 PM
I'd argue they sucked from the beginning but when everything was weak it was not looking too bad. Then when they scaled up monsters never did techs better and kept limited pp pools and ramped up HP forces went to shit. Power Creep is bad but it's other things as well. Power creep is keeping the other bad things hidden. Sega needs some focus groups for this game bad.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 26, 2014, 10:54 PM
Should rename it Fuck Cannon.

Shinamori
Mar 26, 2014, 11:00 PM
Satellite Cannon drops in tunnels AQ, supposedly from a Guardine.

Chik'Tikka
Mar 26, 2014, 11:08 PM
hmm... maybe it's time i update+^_^+

BIG OLAF
Mar 26, 2014, 11:09 PM
I think the best part about Satellite Cannon is how the uncharged and charged versions are different. Just tapping the PA nets a quick splash damage, and charging it drops the Hammer of Dawn shitbeam on things. Pretty versatile, and obviously was tailor-made to work with the Standing Snipe ability.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 26, 2014, 11:09 PM
Satellite Cannon drops in tunnels AQ, supposedly from a Guardine.

It drops from everything in Tunnels SHAQ.

Shinamori
Mar 26, 2014, 11:16 PM
That's why I italicized the word "supposedly".

Rakurai
Mar 26, 2014, 11:24 PM
Hmm... Now I want to play around with Ranger again.

Already got a nice Satellite Cannon 16 to take advantage of.

milranduil
Mar 26, 2014, 11:52 PM
I'd argue they sucked from the beginning but when everything was weak it was not looking too bad. Then when they scaled up monsters never did techs better and kept limited pp pools and ramped up HP forces went to shit. Power Creep is bad but it's other things as well. Power creep is keeping the other bad things hidden. Sega needs some focus groups for this game bad.

Not really. FO was comparatively OP back then mostly due to the fact that fury stance sucked. The fury stance change/buff is what, ironically, hurt FO the most. No change, no gain.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 27, 2014, 12:43 AM
Fury stance pretty much doubled melee damage and initially did the same for ranged damage...it's not for from that now though. meanwhile there's not one thing that just says "tech damage x2" Additionally techs cost way too much PP and take too long to charge. Elysion kinda handles one of those, but the PP issue is only made worse.

Ratazana
Mar 27, 2014, 12:50 AM
Force is good when it can one shot the relevant stuff without ridiculous gear/cakes/drinks.

Edson Drake
Mar 27, 2014, 01:25 AM
OH YEAH! That's what I wanted! The only downside is that my favourite class is going to become the new Braver :\

Well, at least now, there's going to be 3 classes in the game instead of 2, let's hope Force becomes obcenely good next.

(And by good I mean OP that is)

Shinamori
Mar 27, 2014, 01:37 AM
Satellite Cannon is too slow to just spam. However, if you can stunlock bosses, then it will be a awesome boss killer.

ShinMaruku
Mar 27, 2014, 01:41 AM
Not really. FO was comparatively OP back then mostly due to the fact that fury stance sucked. The fury stance change/buff is what, ironically, hurt FO the most. No change, no gain.

That was due to low enemy HP, when that scaled out of a techs's reach then techs went to shit. Then you have the issues of charge time (A stupid mechanic in this game) then add you need to do bullshit to get 150 pp (Which is still too low at times) and it was a matter of time till forces would suffer. If techs scaled like how the other things scaled and PP for tech uses had natural growth Forces would be in a decent place . Maybe when we get an edition 2 where Sega will have to redo somethings forces may be in a good place . But now I have shelved my fave class for my second favorite class and have moved on.

milranduil
Mar 27, 2014, 02:42 AM
Need I remind you that lightning FO/FI used to be a thing? That class literally had zero PP problems with 1) PPJ, 2) Ketos, and 3) PP Bolt Save and it did a great job of killing shit. Yes, FO was more PP dependent, but that was the trade you off you made for the damage you were putting out compared to other classes pre-fury stance buff.

Also, then and now 150 PP was not some high tier mark for PP. Most sit at 140-145PP and it's plenty.

Ordy
Mar 27, 2014, 06:47 AM
Awesome, the noob version of Homing Emission. I could kill Bal Robos or gwan just as fast using HE, IS and Rodeo. Well time to kill bosses even faster with a "Braver Difficulty" level. (; ̄ェ ̄)

Rakurai
Mar 27, 2014, 06:57 AM
I'd love to see numbers one can score with Satellite Cannon using Chain Trigger in a party.

It sadly doesn't seem possible to land a full charge before it falls off in a solo situation (At least when I'm aiming for the usual 21 hit chain).

It's also a pity Il Foie couldn't have had the same amount of range it does.

EvilMag
Mar 27, 2014, 07:38 AM
So...SC can hit Falz elder when hes in the far back throwing meteors at you.

Well I guess theres a way to end your falz runs quick if you have multiple characters.

Coatl
Mar 27, 2014, 09:40 AM
Greatness awaits

Be wary of amazing PA.

gigawuts
Mar 27, 2014, 09:53 AM
So...SC can hit Falz elder when hes in the far back throwing meteors at you.

Well I guess theres a way to end your falz runs quick if you have multiple characters.

I can't wait for Sacred Skewer: Ranger Edition to be nerfed.

Or, well, no, it's not on Hunter so it won't be nerfed.

EvilMag
Mar 27, 2014, 09:54 AM
I can't wait for Sacred Skewer: Ranger Edition to be nerfed.

Or, well, no, it's not on Force so it won't be nerfed.
Fixed.

gigawuts
Mar 27, 2014, 10:00 AM
Fixed.

Considering Sacred Skewer already did exactly this and was later nerfed to have a maximum range, no, you didn't fix anything.

Aine
Mar 27, 2014, 10:03 AM
Satellite has a maximum range too, and it's not actually very far so I doubt it could hit DF while he's throwing meteors unless something's buggy.

pkemr4
Mar 27, 2014, 11:10 AM
Gundam X symbol Art when? so i can spam it when ever i use this pa :3

Railkune
Mar 27, 2014, 11:18 AM
Holy geez. That's some pretty wicked drop damage. Seems like Rangers are going to be the new thing you miiiiight want to consider bringing along to boss runs/boss farming.

Arksenth
Mar 27, 2014, 11:20 AM
It's too bad it doesn't really change RA's niche role in boss-killing, though. It'd be nice if they had something to make them stand out a bit more for mobbing, especially now that Launcher and Additional Bullet aren't that great anymore.

Railkune
Mar 27, 2014, 11:23 AM
At the very least this should help out with the new TD. But yeah, Rangers still aren't very well suited for basic mobbing. Maybe in the future.

cheapgunner
Mar 27, 2014, 11:23 AM
Just wait till the new launcher pa comes out and works like sazan, but with more hits than il grants. Rangers will be the new Braver then. :-[]

Alfonquez
Mar 27, 2014, 11:25 AM
I'll have my Butler's butler use a RA in my exlusive mpa. Obviously my butler's butler is another rich person with fully affixed 12 star items.

No space for poor people

fay
Mar 27, 2014, 11:46 AM
Still waiting on shotguns to come into this game. That will make them good at killing mobs.

And to the person before who said charge times is a stupid mechanic; I totally agree. It almost made me stop playing this tat one point. I've just learned to deal with it now. When I use a force (main class), I feel I'm idle more than in combat because of it.

pkemr4
Mar 27, 2014, 11:51 AM
what do RA's use for mobbing in SH?

SakoHaruo
Mar 27, 2014, 11:57 AM
what do RA's use for mobbing in SH?

They use Greatness. Greatness awaits

Arksenth
Mar 27, 2014, 12:01 PM
Come to think of it, I haven't seen a RA/HU outside of a DF EQ for ages. They're all GU GU GU GU and more GU.

Shinamori
Mar 27, 2014, 12:06 PM
I use Gunslash a Ra/Hu whenever I play it. At times, I is IS or PS.

gigawuts
Mar 27, 2014, 12:13 PM
I love diffuse shell for its obscene hemisphere hitbox. Stuff to your left, stuff to your right, stuff to your front? Take one step back and diffuse shell hits 'em all. It's so much fun I do it as GU just for kicks.

That said, for 32 pp satellite cannon is pretty great uncharged against a lot of enemies. It collides with hitboxes like oldschool zonde used to - top down, from the center. This means it won't hit some stuff unless it's being knocked about, like running yedes or even ordinary marmoths. Other enemies will seemingly always eat headshots every time, like gilnatches and gilnases.

pkemr4
Mar 27, 2014, 12:17 PM
I use Gunslash a Ra/Hu whenever I play it. At times, I is IS or PS.

what PA's do you use? im stuck with rouge coffin till i can afford a better GS ;-;

GALEFORCE
Mar 27, 2014, 12:37 PM
Diffuse Shell 16 or Thrillersplode (pref 16, but it's not a huge jump).

Tbh, I'm still not seeing how launchers are any good for mobbing. It seems like rifles do everything better.

HIT0SHI
Mar 27, 2014, 12:44 PM

Tbh, I'm still not seeing how launchers are any good for mobbing. It seems like rifles do everything better.

I wanna see the new Launcher coming later on if it has a good AoE.
Then again it makes the player unable to move sooo idk. Hopefully it would be at least like Flame Bullet where you aim the Orb as you move but, I doubt it it would be like that. Odds are, it would be like Satellite Cannon.

MetalDude
Mar 27, 2014, 12:48 PM
Crazy Smash -> Rodeo Drive is quick and effective enough. It's trying to setup Standing Snipe with it that's so slow.

Shinamori
Mar 27, 2014, 12:59 PM
what PA's do you use? im stuck with rouge coffin till i can afford a better GS ;-;

I use Additional Bullet. Though, if you have at a decent amount and a 11*, you can buy a カリブルヌス (Caliburnus). It's latent is JA bouns.

btw-Niji
Mar 27, 2014, 12:59 PM

guess you never played ra before.............

btw-Niji
Mar 27, 2014, 01:04 PM
Or if you have played it, you are terrible if you actually believe this!

Poor people!

HIT0SHI
Mar 27, 2014, 01:04 PM
I use Additional Bullet. Though, if you have at a decent amount and a 11*, you can buy a カリブルヌス (Caliburnus). It's latent is JA bouns.

カリブルヌス (Caliburnus) is a 10*.

Shinamori
Mar 27, 2014, 01:08 PM
Yea, I mean to type 10* pass. =E

GALEFORCE
Mar 27, 2014, 01:39 PM
guess you never played ra before.............

I only just noticed some launcher PAs get a significant boost at 16. I don't have Concentrated One 16, Divine Launcher 16, or LOL Flame Bullet 16.

Anyway, Cluster Bullet is just about useless for general gameplay in SH. Rodeo doesn't one-shot stuff without SS, and if you SS you don't get headshots on things with high heads. Divine Launcher is good at headshotting stuff with low heads, but it's inconsistent on other things. There must be something I'm missing if there's so many launcher fanboys here.

I'd appreciate some tips instead of shit talking. I think Bellion gave a tip earlier on Diffuse Shell that made it so much better than I thought it was before. Aiming up in TPS mode really secures some nice headshots with it.

Also, I have a Saint Boom with the standard affixes.

pkemr4
Mar 27, 2014, 01:45 PM
so my PAs should look something like this? :
1.Rifle SC
2.Rifle DS
3.Rifle homing emission
4. TD for tashing
5. GS with AB
6. Launcher with cluster bullet/redeodrive/divine

RedRaz0r
Mar 27, 2014, 01:48 PM
Or if you have played it, you are terrible if you actually believe this!

Poor people!

Have you ever even played this GAME before?

GALEFORCE
Mar 27, 2014, 01:50 PM
Rifles can have 3 PAs slotted. You should try thrillersplode. AB is not strong enough to one-shot things in SH. Thriller is.

btw-Niji
Mar 27, 2014, 01:55 PM
Addition Bullet still works fine on the weaker mobs in SH.

It should be fairly obvious what you use AB and Thrillerpode on, anyway.

MetalDude
Mar 27, 2014, 01:59 PM
I want to try out that SS latent Gunslash. It has the second highest R-Atk as well so it's pretty strong as well. There's also the matter of how strong the Bio Gunslash will be with JA latent. I imagine it'd be possible to one-shot more enemies with AB with either of those.

Zyrusticae
Mar 27, 2014, 05:42 PM
Watch them "fix" the balance problems for Fo/Te by tripling all technique power ratings (minus the new ones) when level 17 discs are introduced.

I still want them to give megid enough damage to justify its insanely slow projectile speed.

Arksenth
Mar 27, 2014, 05:46 PM
Kreisenschlag got a major boost at Lv. 16, and paired with Regenschlag, a close-range Gunslash build might be fun. Not terribly viable, but fun.

Ordy
Mar 27, 2014, 07:09 PM
Looks like some people are looking for help when it comes to launcher PA and maybe that's why they feel it's weak or UP compared to other classes.

This is how a Ranger should use a launcher in SHAQ/ XQ/SH MPA and still clear spawns faster than the other members:

1. Main RA and sub HU, max fury, JA bonus and Weak hit advance (the classic RAHU)
2. Buy a good launcher, something like Launcher Legacy with latent Lv.3 and Soul/Shoot3 will give you a solid launcher with over 1000 R-ATK and a weak spot damage boost (that's what you want as a RA)

Now about the PA, here is what I'm using and probably the majority or "decent" Rangers too:

(MPA and SHAQ) Cluster Bullet + Divine Launcher + Rodeo Drive
(TA and XQ)Cluster Bullet + Crazy Smash + Rodeo Drive (Crazy smash to JA Cluster Bullet or Rodeo faster)
(Variations)Extra palette for situational PA like Concentrate One or Zero Distance

No matter what, I always keep Rodeo Drive on a launcher palette, you shouldn't just use it for the dmg but also for area repositioning. Always keep in mind, when you are a RA with a launcher, one of the main factor that will make you a bad or a good launcher user is your 3D positioning. Bad positioning and bad timing and you just clear 30% of a SHAQ mobs wave. What you want, is to always be 3 steps behind the 3 other party members, let them trigger the spawns and get the aggro, try to learn spawn patterns and don't end up in the center of 10 mobs. If that ever happens and it will, just Rodeo Drive the fuck out and cancel the PA with a dash before the spinning animation, switch to TPS view, 180° rotation to face the mobs, jump, shoot a normal rocket in a mob's face, JA cluster bullet and aim the best CB angle to hit the mobs' weakspot (usually the head or what looks like their head)

If you did all that right, you'll just see bigs numbers between 17-22k (that's what I usually get with my 2300-2400 R-ATK), exp numbers and dead bodies. Just in case, JA another Cluster bullet, check your mini radar for yellow dots and kill them too if you still see any.

When you'll actively start to use Cluster Bullet on mobs, you'll find out how fucked up some mobs hitboxes are. That's why you should ALWAYS cluster bullet in TPS mode and manually aim the PA, best way to learn the distance and detect your target's weak point hitbox. Just try on Spardans or Sparguns, you'll see how high you have to aim to one-hit them with a Ckuster Bullet. Same for Fordorans, you don't simply aim the head, you aim waaaay above and try to hit them with the bottom area of the Culster Bullet's hitbox (when you know how it works, you'll clear SHAQ catadicks adds in no time, even faster with someone to CC them).

Most of the time, I jump to JA my PA faster AND because it's easier to aim cluster bullet when I'm mid-air or at least on an higher spot of the map. You will also avoid lots of mob hits that can cancel your PA. When in mid-air and see that some mobs are way too close, just JA a Rodeo Drive, with some luck, you'll maybe even BBQ their face and kill them.

Then please, use your brain if you have one, don't be "AAH OH MAH GAWD, I CAN'T EAT MY SAUSAGE WITH A LAUNCHER" ... right weapon, in the right place and at the right time. That's not something you can easily explain, you need to feel it, but always ask yourself "how does the spawn formation looks like? and what kind of mobs?" Sometimes it would be a waste of time to fire a CB, so switch to your GS if you can kill 5 or 6 mid-range mobs in max 2 AB (usually low hp idiotic mobs like Krahda, Rappy, Digg, Set Sadinian or facing gulfs), thrillsplosion if you have a group gang banging you in 360° close range. 2 or 3 Usain Bolt mobs on you? too fast for launcher or AB? Pull your Rifle and shotgun their motherf**** face for a sweet 20k damage. Oh a Krabahda playing hide and seek, let me Crazy smash you like a golf ball instead MWAHAHA ... sorry, got carried away, but I just love my launcher, I hope I could share that same passion with more players.

You guys should try, it's fun (._.)

BIG OLAF
Mar 27, 2014, 07:15 PM
You didn't mention Flame Bullet.

Xaelouse
Mar 27, 2014, 07:49 PM
Kreisenschlag got a major boost at Lv. 16, and paired with Regenschlag, a close-range Gunslash build might be fun. Not terribly viable, but fun.

I wouldn't recommend a RA doing this, but pp slayer FI/HU can make good use of it. Kreisen has potent spawn-killing potential and better range than bloody, but since no gunslash gear it doesn't outdamage it.

Freshellent
Mar 27, 2014, 08:22 PM
Bummer, the thread title changed. I think? I liked the other one better.

deahamlet
Mar 27, 2014, 09:19 PM
Looks like some people are looking for help when it comes to launcher PA and maybe that's why they feel it's weak or UP compared to other classes.

This is how a Ranger should use a launcher in SHAQ/ XQ/SH MPA and still clear spawns faster than the other members:

1. Main RA and sub HU, max fury, JA bonus and Weak hit advance (the classic RAHU)
2. Buy a good launcher, something like Launcher Legacy with latent Lv.3 and Soul/Shoot3 will give you a solid launcher with over 1000 R-ATK and a weak spot damage boost (that's what you want as a RA)

Now about the PA, here is what I'm using and probably the majority or "decent" Rangers too:

(MPA and SHAQ) Cluster Bullet + Divine Launcher + Rodeo Drive
(TA and XQ)Cluster Bullet + Crazy Smash + Rodeo Drive (Crazy smash to JA Cluster Bullet or Rodeo faster)
(Variations)Extra palette for situational PA like Concentrate One or Zero Distance

No matter what, I always keep Rodeo Drive on a launcher palette, you shouldn't just use it for the dmg but also for area repositioning. Always keep in mind, when you are a RA with a launcher, one of the main factor that will make you a bad or a good launcher user is your 3D positioning. Bad positioning and bad timing and you just clear 30% of a SHAQ mobs wave. What you want, is to always be 3 steps behind the 3 other party members, let them trigger the spawns and get the aggro, try to learn spawn patterns and don't end up in the center of 10 mobs. If that ever happens and it will, just Rodeo Drive the fuck out and cancel the PA with a dash before the spinning animation, switch to TPS view, 180° rotation to face the mobs, jump, shoot a normal rocket in a mob's face, JA cluster bullet and aim the best CB angle to hit the mobs' weakspot (usually the head or what looks like their head)

If you did all that right, you'll just see bigs numbers between 17-22k (that's what I usually get with my 2300-2400 R-ATK), exp numbers and dead bodies. Just in case, JA another Cluster bullet, check your mini radar for yellow dots and kill them too if you still see any.

When you'll actively start to use Cluster Bullet on mobs, you'll find out how fucked up some mobs hitboxes are. That's why you should ALWAYS cluster bullet in TPS mode and manually aim the PA, best way to learn the distance and detect your target's weak point hitbox. Just try on Spardans or Sparguns, you'll see how high you have to aim to one-hit them with a Ckuster Bullet. Same for Fordorans, you don't simply aim the head, you aim waaaay above and try to hit them with the bottom area of the Culster Bullet's hitbox (when you know how it works, you'll clear SHAQ catadicks adds in no time, even faster with someone to CC them).

Most of the time, I jump to JA my PA faster AND because it's easier to aim cluster bullet when I'm mid-air or at least on an higher spot of the map. You will also avoid lots of mob hits that can cancel your PA. When in mid-air and see that some mobs are way too close, just JA a Rodeo Drive, with some luck, you'll maybe even BBQ their face and kill them.

Then please, use your brain if you have one, don't be "AAH OH MAH GAWD, I CAN'T EAT MY SAUSAGE WITH A LAUNCHER" ... right weapon, in the right place and at the right time. That's not something you can easily explain, you need to feel it, but always ask yourself "how does the spawn formation looks like? and what kind of mobs?" Sometimes it would be a waste of time to fire a CB, so switch to your GS if you can kill 5 or 6 mid-range mobs in max 2 AB (usually low hp idiotic mobs like Krahda, Rappy, Digg, Set Sadinian or facing gulfs), thrillsplosion if you have a group gang banging you in 360° close range. 2 or 3 Usain Bolt mobs on you? too fast for launcher or AB? Pull your Rifle and shotgun their motherf**** face for a sweet 20k damage. Oh a Krabahda playing hide and seek, let me Crazy smash you like a golf ball instead MWAHAHA ... sorry, got carried away, but I just love my launcher, I hope I could share that same passion with more players.

Thanks for all the tips, I pretty much jump on all my characters eeep... but been meaning to play around with ra/hu more (gu/ra right now) and this is cool beans indeed.

TaigaUC
Mar 28, 2014, 01:26 AM
Just want to get a quick summary, as I didn't see anyone really specify:

How is Satellite Cannon? Amazing, useless or situational?

Z-0
Mar 28, 2014, 01:29 AM
Situational, but absolutely amazing when it works.

Coatl
Mar 28, 2014, 01:29 AM
-snip-

Really detailed explanation on howto Ranger. Thank you. It's definitely one of the classes I feel has the largest learning curve.

schnee4
Mar 28, 2014, 01:34 AM
Just want to get a quick summary, as I didn't see anyone really specify:

How is Satellite Cannon? Amazing, useless or situational?

it sucks because theres only 3 ppl that know how to use it

TaigaUC
Mar 28, 2014, 01:53 AM
Haha, okay. Thanks for the replies.

MetalDude
Mar 28, 2014, 02:09 AM
The most obvious use is any boss that you can stop for 5 seconds (which is fairly applicable). For general mobbing, some are very easily killed by it (Kradhas and Baridans are almost impossible not to hit their weakpoints).

deahamlet
Mar 28, 2014, 04:19 AM
The most obvious use is any boss that you can stop for 5 seconds (which is fairly applicable). For general mobbing, some are very easily killed by it (Kradhas and Baridans are almost impossible not to hit their weakpoints).

In TD2: Dark Ragne after you broke a leg and WB-ed the weak point. Zesh after you flip him over and WB his middle. Wolgahda as they get ready to stun - enough time to use one.
Quartz when you flinched him or just broke a part. Catendran/Catendransa when it's busy trying to kill someone else (hahaha).

etc.

Plenty of opportunities for boss usage. For mobs if they have a fixed-ish spawn point it can be easily useful. Sometimes if you select easily killable targets, they may be dead from the 12man MPA by the time the PA goes off. Hence why spawn point is good cause you'll just kill the next batch, no biggie.

Rien
Mar 28, 2014, 05:42 AM
It appears satellite cannon actually hits from the bottom-up.

GALEFORCE
Mar 28, 2014, 06:15 AM
Yeah, I haven't had any luck hitting ragne's core with Sat Cannon. Is there a way to do it?

Xaelouse
Mar 28, 2014, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I haven't had any luck hitting ragne's core with Sat Cannon. Is there a way to do it?

I remember hitting it when I'm locked onto his main body. When he's down? no idea

gigawuts
Mar 28, 2014, 09:40 AM
Like I said, from what I've seen it works like Zonde - top down & center outward if everything is level, except it has a much larger hitbox. Like a giant cylinder heading straight down.

It will hit the first hitbox it collides with on its way down regardless of what you aim at. You can't use zonde on Tranmizer's core because it strikes part of the body first, right? Same principle here, except part of it nicks Ragne's crown first because of its larger hitbox (yes, even when fully charged).

So you'll want to edge it if at all possible, like you do with Zonde against Tranmizer and -Wondas so you can hit their core. If you aim to something just to the side of Ragne's core, even if you're not even targeting the core, the core is higher so it'll take the hit first.

TaigaUC
Mar 28, 2014, 09:42 AM
Satellite Cannon sure looks effective in TD1.
I must now get it.

Edit:
Got Satellite Cannon rank 1, tried SH Nab2 as 64/65 Ra/Hu with three Il Foie bots.
Ragne was really easy. You can WB a leg and use a fully-charged Satellite Cannon, and then WB it again when it "breaks" while Satellite Cannon is still hitting.
I tried to fully-charged shot the WB'd core while Ragne was down, but it didn't hit the core - only around 20k damage a hit.
However, I was able to manually aim above the core as Ragne was standing up or had already recovered, and got 70k hits.
Looked like it was hitting the crown in both situations, but whatever.

Fang Banther was a pain up the butt. Probably still better to just use Homing Emission on Banthers.
Maybe there's a better way, I don't know. Haven't really played Ra/Hu for months.

Funnily, I finally had Diffusion Shell rank 16 drop at the start of the TA. Been trying to get that for a long while.
Side note: Guld Mira is still kinda useful for emergency healing as Ra/Hu.

Edit2:
Notes from the JP PSO2 swiki:
- Non-charged = 50% x1 hit, charged 1 = 100% x2 hits, charged 2 = 200% x5 hits.
- Non-charged power level is about the same as Grenade Shell (ie. still worth using it non-charged).
- It looks like it's from the sky, but it actually hits from the ground up, which makes headshots very difficult.
- Tends to not hit enemies at altitude (not sure what this means... aerial enemies?).
- Rather than how the old Zonde was used, it feels more like aiming RaFoie at the ground.
- For example, in regards to Gulfs, it's easier to land a headshot by aiming the laser on the ground in front of their head, like a launcher's AOE blast.
- Satellite Cannon's range seems less than usual, but as long as it's locked-on and within range, it will hit the target even if obstacles are in the way.

GALEFORCE
Mar 28, 2014, 01:41 PM
Well, if you're locked onto the core and use sat cannon, it's actually hitting the body below the core. So idk, maybe there's a way to manually aim it so it hits the core, but so far I haven't had success doing it. Aiming for the head might be a good alternative, but I am not sure if it's going to kill like homing emission spam does.

Shinamori
Mar 28, 2014, 07:38 PM
You can beat quartz with this, but it's better to try to do it when he's doing his double laser shot or try to break his nose quick with HS or something.

Satellite Cannon MPA

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23200181
http://nicoviewer.net/sm23200181

Aine
Mar 28, 2014, 10:58 PM
Like I said, from what I've seen it works like Zonde - top down & center outward if everything is level, except it has a much larger hitbox. Like a giant cylinder heading straight down.

I'm pretty sure it's down up like old Zonde.

When Micdas are standing upright you can't hit their weakpoint, but knock them over and it hits.

Stuff like Dagans and Krahda get one-shotted by uncharged Satellite since they have their weakpoints on the bottom.

By default it hits the torso of Gilnatch and Gilnas (like the old zonde), which is why you get weakpoint damage when a Gilnas has its core open (not a headshot). You can headshot a Gilnatch if you hit it when it just spawns and it's kind of bent over.

gigawuts
Mar 28, 2014, 11:05 PM
After further experimentation I've noticed it coming from the bottom up as well sometimes, but other times I'll hit dinian heads despite them just standing around.

I'm not sure what the hell's going on with it. It seems like it comes from the top down and hits from the bottom up at the same time. Maybe it's like zonde is now, where it has the central hitbox for higher damage and the ground hitbox for AOE? The central hitbox would just be larger.

It may just simply be the attack coming from the bottom up, and enemies having bizarre hitbox positioning when they spawn like you said.

TaigaUC
Mar 28, 2014, 11:08 PM
JP swiki said down up but I don't really get it either.
I couldn't get it to consistently headshot the Naberius 1 packs.
It'd usually headshot all but one.

martinmeegan
Mar 29, 2014, 08:59 AM
To me it seems like the way it hits varies depending on the charge time i.e ground up for splash and dash and down for fully charged. I was hitting WB Ragne core every time yesterday with fully charged SC using lock on.

The funniest situation to use it in is to WB Quartz' nose and manually aim SC in front and let him run into it. It's like watching someone walk into a lamp post.

As far as not being able to hit flying enemies with it goes, Windara take it full in the face...........More testing required I think as everyone seems to be getting contradicting results.

Gen2000
Mar 29, 2014, 11:46 AM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23182512 - SC doesn't appear to be able to hit Varder's Core?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23186576 - Small collection of Satelitte Cannon vs. SH Vol, Gwana, Zesh, Val Rodos, Ringahda

Naiza Sa Remasu
Mar 29, 2014, 02:13 PM
It is possible to hit Ragne's Core with SC. I experimented with it today and all you have to do is aim closer to the center of his body with just the edge of SC's Radius near his core and it should work

Bloothehegdehog
Mar 29, 2014, 06:30 PM
Wow, the damage..