PDA

View Full Version : The New Tower Defense

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 26, 2014, 07:11 PM
Are the parties i'm in just plain horrible, or am I just horrible, or both? Or is this new tower defense actually hard?!

btw-Niji
Mar 26, 2014, 07:21 PM
It's just you/your MPA that's horrible.

This second tower defense is way easier compared to the first one.

Daiyousei
Mar 26, 2014, 07:21 PM
I would go with, "this new tower defense actually is hard!"

with a slight case of ranking competition.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 26, 2014, 07:22 PM
i was on block 10 tho.... isn't that considered the pro block full of premium jacked users?
and is there anything different in terms of drops in this new tower defense?

btw-Niji
Mar 26, 2014, 07:22 PM
i was on block 10 tho.... isn't that considered the pro block full of premium jacked users?
Lately, a lot of retard B20 players have been invading B10 so no, not anymore.

TaigaUC
Mar 26, 2014, 07:37 PM
From what I've heard, B10 is known to be filled with crappy players.

deahamlet
Mar 26, 2014, 07:47 PM
Don't know about your server, but in mine 10-11 are almost always shitty.

The first raid was bad because basically we didn't even know what we were doing lol. The second raid we were trying hard and still doing badly (because still not knowing what we're doing plus 54 level pikers lol). I was in block 17.

The 6am PST runs were in block 12 I think and went a lot better. Still lost first tower due to bomb which pissed me off a little (I was defending towers unlike all the other pro 65s that were swarming Biblas). Second and third runs I made a point of reminding people to:
1. Watch the towers for infection
2. Watch for bomb
I need better Japanese for these instructions, but it did seem to wake the bastards up haha.

Last run was not all that great because I was the ONLY WB in the whole party so I couldn't watch for bomb or defend the first towers all that well because ... WB. I tried at the first boss to defend towers but we almost lost a tower because apparently Ragne without WB is hard, yo! So I said F-it and WB leg than weak point and he was dead in 10s.

I am telling you, everyone rolling GU/HU is really not a great thing at all.

Also not good when everyone swarms the boss or when 4 people cannot kill a Ragne or a Zesh efficiently. Come on, 4 gunners on that Ragne and he's still alive? For shame.

I personally think this is harder in a random party because people don't know where they should stay and where you should be changes depending on the wave and the state of your walls and towers. In the previous one we had a clear setup... 4, 4, 4; wave 1 everyone at North, wave 4 everyone together... only the noobiest of the noob parties would f-it up. Also we've had months of the first one.

I'm sure it will eventually get better. People will learn to watch the map from time to time to go kill infections and to watch for bomb.

btw-Niji
Mar 26, 2014, 08:03 PM
From what I've heard, B10 is known to be filled with crappy players.
Nowadays, yes. I have seen a lot of team Code members and B20 EN players camping there for EQs.

You know that block is fucked when you got EN idiots spamming public chat @B10 for N~VH TACOs, VH AQs, etc and having a stupid and long conversation in public while other guy is whispering.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 26, 2014, 08:06 PM
Don't know about your server, but in mine 10-11 are almost always shitty.

The first raid was bad because basically we didn't even know what we were doing lol. The second raid we were trying hard and still doing badly (because still not knowing what we're doing plus 54 level pikers lol). I was in block 17.

The 6am PST runs were in block 12 I think and went a lot better. Still lost first tower due to bomb which pissed me off a little (I was defending towers unlike all the other pro 65s that were swarming Biblas). Second and third runs I made a point of reminding people to:
1. Watch the towers for infection
2. Watch for bomb
I need better Japanese for these instructions, but it did seem to wake the bastards up haha.

Last run was not all that great because I was the ONLY WB in the whole party so I couldn't watch for bomb or defend the first towers all that well because ... WB. I tried at the first boss to defend towers but we almost lost a tower because apparently Ragne without WB is hard, yo! So I said F-it and WB leg than weak point and he was dead in 10s.

I am telling you, everyone rolling GU/HU is really not a great thing at all.

Also not good when everyone swarms the boss or when 4 people cannot kill a Ragne or a Zesh efficiently. Come on, 4 gunners on that Ragne and he's still alive? For shame.

I personally think this is harder in a random party because people don't know where they should stay and where you should be changes depending on the wave and the state of your walls and towers. In the previous one we had a clear setup... 4, 4, 4; wave 1 everyone at North, wave 4 everyone together... only the noobiest of the noob parties would f-it up. Also we've had months of the first one.

I'm sure it will eventually get better. People will learn to watch the map from time to time to go kill infections and to watch for bomb.

i totally agree, I hate it when people panic at the sight of a swarm and ignore destroying those bombs on the back of those darkers. Even worse is when people totally ignore the bases and believe that "some random 65'er will go defend them while i can just go and kill this vibras". But partly it is also because we still didn't really know what is going on, especially when we were totally surprised to see darkers attack from the other direction (they were spawning from the back, correct me if i'm wrong here) at the end.

strikerhunter
Mar 26, 2014, 08:15 PM

Some will, most won't. I mean look at the First TD, there are still shit load of people that still doesn't know what to do in TD.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 26, 2014, 08:23 PM
It's harder simply because people aren't used to it, there are more towers to defend, and most importantly, you need 2000 crystals just to barrier a tower and 3000 to heal it. That, I think is the biggest factor increasing the difficulty of the mission.

Keeping that in mind, I think a good strategy is:

Have an elite team stationed up front, while a team of crystal gatherers collect enough for basic barriers and healing during waves 1 and 2
Once this is done, station one person at each tower while the rest split into at least 2 teams, one for the outer layers, and the secnd for the inner layers.
Remember around waves 3-5, some mobs will ignore the mid towers and go for the inner walls, while bosses will usually go for the closest /weakest? tower.
Set all turrents up strategically (at least one that can see multiple tower infections, and one near each tower) within the first few rounds for infection/bomb killing duty, unless you're very confident you can solo the infection/bomb.

I suppose that good strategies will eventually develop, but for now, we've only had 2 scheduled Intrusions. Not enough time to really have PUGs get good at things.

NexusAZ
Mar 26, 2014, 08:48 PM
Some will, most won't. I mean look at the First TD, there are still shit load of people that still doesn't know what to do in TD.

Overend the core!

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 08:54 PM
Here's a good strategy:

1. Make sure the first wall doesn't break.

Having someone in the back for the bomb/infections and crystal collections helps a lot, as even that one heal can help with undoing small allowances of damage.

But it seems like, if wall breaks, YOU LOSE.

otaku998
Mar 26, 2014, 09:29 PM
I find it is sorta dumb that you can't shoot over the walls. And some of the...photon jumping or wtv placing is irritating.

Like sometimes they are attacking on the other side of the walls, i went to the jump and jumped all the way to the far middle part, then had to run backward to the left/right to kill the mob attacking the walls. I know we can split teams to defend each section for this but still.

deahamlet
Mar 26, 2014, 09:33 PM
If the wall breaks then mobs can come from the very front or from the sides between frontmost tower and second tower. They randomly choose to either go for the frontmost tower or the wall to the second tower. If the wall does not break they only come from the very front.

Having everyone be a northern hero with nobody watching infections is a BAD thing.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 09:48 PM
Having 10-11/12 be noethern hero is actually optimal as long as the other one or two people can deal with the infections/bombs on their own, as well as leaking predicahda.

Du1337
Mar 27, 2014, 01:36 AM
I have the feeling not everyone uses the barriers and health recovs. I think within a week, ppl will learn what to do and things will get better.

Sizustar
Mar 27, 2014, 02:07 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/qToAcAx.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Zipzo
Mar 27, 2014, 02:56 AM
It's not really saying anything you don't already know, the map part self explanatory, bottom part is describing some of the better ways to handle the bosses.

To be honest I think the only reason it's proving difficult is the lack of experience in conjunction with the higher barrier + heal requirements and also the fact that you spend so much time running.

It's really important to have groups stick to a place, because most of the time you're losing a tower it's because everyone is just staying stacked on top of one another trying to run to each and every single spawn. This technically requires trust between team mates which isn't likely to happen in random PUG MPAs though, so it's likely it will get easier in time as the Bravers and Gunners learn how to brute force it quicker.

TaigaUC
Mar 27, 2014, 03:04 AM
In case people here didn't see it, there's my strategy notes thread here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218149).

I think the new TD is easier IF the walls don't break.
Once things get out of control and enemies spawn all over the place, things get messy because everyone runs around randomly like a chicken with no head.

There's no time to relax because we have to be constantly collecting crystals, but only if towers take damage.
If there's always someone watching for missed Mantises and infections, and walls never go down, there shouldn't be any need for barriers/heals/crystals.

Ratazana
Mar 27, 2014, 03:19 AM
it's likely it will get easier in time as the Bravers and Gunners learn how to brute force it quicker.

Yep, pretty much. Y'all gunners and bravers better pick up the slack and work your ass off so everyone can have nice runs.

Zipzo
Mar 27, 2014, 03:55 AM
Yep, pretty much. Y'all gunners and bravers better pick up the slack and work your ass off so everyone can have nice runs.

I didn't even think it were possible to change yet another thread in to some Rata bitch-a-thon about how everyone should play your way, like you're king of the burger kings or something.

milranduil
Mar 27, 2014, 04:03 AM
He's not wrong though. Your bitching is just getting old, dry, and crusty at this point.

Aine
Mar 27, 2014, 04:21 AM
That diagram was made before the EQ even came out, based on speculation and the live broadcast. As many people have pointed out, the spawn points depend only on the condition of the wall (not the wave number), and the marked areas are wrong anyway.

I'd recommend against taking anything you read on the 2ch threads seriously, the level of discourse there is so low it's hilarious. These guys spent four months bitching about Forces and spawn campers and people not picking up crystals when they should have been trying to work out and memorize the four fixed spawn patterns for each wave.

(Fun fact: The most efficient strategy for TD1 involves Forces and spawn camping and not picking up crystals)

starwhisper
Mar 27, 2014, 06:32 AM
TD2 best strategy?
Get 11 Bravers north+1 behind the wall to pick up predi and bombs.
All of them must at least quad dash.
WIN

Even gunner is useless when the mobs are 2 shooted by the katana users while you backflip+charge your pa.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 27, 2014, 06:41 AM
TD2 best strategy?
Get 11 Bravers north+1 behind the wall to pick up predi and bombs.
All of them must at least quad dash.
WIN

Even gunner is useless when the mobs are 2 shooted by the katana users while you backflip+charge your pa.11 Bravers: it's shunka time! *Shunka Raid a single mob*
4 Cyclonehada: It's clobbering time! *Cyclonehada Ball of Death x4* *Bravers die in 1 Fell swoop*
Goldradahs: Tatsumaki - Senpukyaku! *Bravers die*
that one guy: *walls breaks* *towers breaks* what the hell are those shunka bravers doing?!

this TD needs all kinds of classes, like forces for Zondeel Shunka dive.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 27, 2014, 06:57 AM
11 Bravers: it's shunka time! *Shunka Raid a single mob*
4 Cyclonehada: It's clobbering time! *Cyclonehada Ball of Death x4* *Bravers die in 1 Fell swoop*
Goldradahs: Tatsumaki - Senpukyaku! *Bravers die*
that one guy: *walls breaks* *towers breaks* what the hell are those shunka bravers doing?!

this TD needs all kinds of classes, like forces for Zondeel Shunka dive.

Your theory is completely wrong. I had a party with 2 rangers, and (I remember this clearly) 3 forces that were completely useless, running around with ilzonde and trying to ilgrants vibras that was far away from our only 2 bases left, I never revived one gunner or braver once, we don't die as much as you believe we do. By now, most braver's know to not lock on unless needed and as for caterdran, shunka-ing right above his body will prevent you from getting hit ever. So stop this hating and grouping all bravers as idiots who can't play. We do our job of mad killing your enemies in TD so that your drops turn out okay.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 27, 2014, 07:02 AM
Your theory is completely wrong. I had a party with 2 rangers, and (I remember this clearly) 3 forces that were completely useless, running around with ilzonde and trying to ilgrants vibras that was far away from our only 2 bases left, I never revived one gunner or braver once, we don't die as much as you believe we do. By now, most braver's know to not lock on unless needed and as for caterdran, shunka-ing right above his body will prevent you from getting hit ever. So stop this hating and grouping all bravers as idiots who can't play. We do our job of mad killing your enemies in TD so that your drops turn out okay.I meant Bravers can kill faster by having a Force/Techer That Zondeels and just shunka the zondeeled area. using Ilzonde if you can't one shot is stupid (unless used for traveling). Ilgrants is probably for panic staggering Vibras since it has a 30% proc rate.

btw, that situation was a joke, I'd be laughing if it really happened. and Ra/Hu can also 2 shot mobs, or one shot.

Ratazana
Mar 27, 2014, 07:09 AM
1 braver is enough to kill a Cyclonehada before it attacks.

A well rounded party would be the best yes, but you can't control what people will use in a pug. You can however control what you bring to the table.

You can't go wrong with a br > zondial ratio (no zondial at all wouldn't be terrible either thx to katana combat) but good luck getting anything done if you end up in a mpa where zondialers outnumber dps.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 27, 2014, 07:09 AM
I've just been seeing way too much braver bitching recently. People need to stop and just play the game.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 27, 2014, 07:19 AM
I've just been seeing way too much braver bitching recently. People need to stop and just play the game.you mean that neighboring thread about Ranger is Under Powered and got Br/Hu involved and being called easy mode while playing Ranger is hard mode?

it's kinda true, needing top tier gears for Ra/Hu to function like Br/Hu and Gu/Hu.

but going back to your post, yes, people need to stop bitching and play the game however you like it.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 27, 2014, 07:23 AM
Well, how did you know? And yes I was reading that retarded thread, "br/Hu level difficulty" my ass.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 27, 2014, 07:34 AM
Well, how did you know? And yes I was reading that retarded thread, "br/Hu level difficulty" my ass.I was. . .
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/colbert-popcorn.gif

I'll drop this here before we get derailed.

my point was, it'll be nice to have atleast one Ranger for WB insta-kill boss support and Forces (maybe 2 or 3) for Zondeel, the rest are DPS. this is probably the preferred MPA for everything.

Zipzo
Mar 27, 2014, 08:01 AM
He's not wrong though. Your bitching is just getting old, dry, and crusty at this point.

Yeah, I never said he was wrong, I just said he was bitching, and way to act blind, Rat is the one who seems to love initiating turmoil over being a Braver vs any other class.

What I do in response to his nonsense is hardly considered "bitching", the crust is coming from your end of the table. It's a normal human reaction to filth on a message board. You're often close but at least I can actually recognize you as a good player, where as with Rat it's anyone's flying guess as to if he even actually plays the game.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 27, 2014, 10:17 AM
Braver has become the class where everyone decides to shit on. Anything unskilled = braver. Anyone who sucks at the game : plays as braver. When mpa fail in TD: the braver's fault.

deahamlet
Mar 27, 2014, 10:58 AM
Braver is bad? Man, all I've been getting are gu/hu and br/hu parties that despite all that DPS cannot kill fast enough.

There, I said it. They don't kill fast enough to recover from missing WB and support. I have been forced to leave them to their devices to kill some Ragne or Zesh and omfg... They couldn't manage it before it destroyed walls and even an entire tower! Despite this game not having support/dps/healer modes it most certainly would do with more support.

I wish I had one force in party to panic the boss and zondeel or freeze the mobs away from the walls. I was pleasantly surprised with ONE fi/hu in one run who was using the new DS PA at full gear. That is NOT as spammable as zondeel, sadly, nor can beat TB zondeel. But it's better than nothing. Also infinite fire is NOT the answer when you're trying to tag 6 assassins, damn gunners (I'm a gunner, I can poo-poo on them. I'm also braver, same story).

Bravers die a bit too much, but they murder infections fast... If they're watching their damn map, that is.

1-2 fo/te or te/whatever with TB zondeel and some Panic
1-2 gu/ra or ra/hu with WB
8-10 DPS

There. That's a good composition. With a couple zondeels, one on each side, you don't even need warcry. Some WB and panic and you don't need warcry either.

Zesh: WB middle or face for gunners (sowwy bravers though middle should be hitable for katana), then when flipped, WB top = dead. No wall suffers.
Wolgahda: One WB to the face on each, 5 secs later they're dead.
Dark Ragne/Agrani: WB leg, WB leg, WB weak spot. Use laser cannon of doom. WB weak spot again and swap to guns and go crazy.

With WB = even Agrani and Zesh are dead in 30 secs. Without WB = bastards are still alive 1.5-2mins later. It's stupid.

I haven't had any force/techer since my very first runs (where we had no clue what we're doing) so I cannot vouch for how awesome zondeel is as an add-on to the party. But WB I can attest to, since some runs nobody else wanted to defend towers... and 10 yolo DPS didn't bring down Biblas anywhere near as fast as 5 yolo DPS plus WB. (the other 5 were smartly defending towers/walls) - both parties being compared were nothing but 65s br and gu (not vouching to them being sub hunter cause I didn't inspect them but considering no WB and no techs, what other sub would they have)

PS: All I'm seeing in JP parties are batmarang TMGs or GM and the purple/blue HU/BR katana or the garongo katana. I didn't seen any scrub weapons on either bravers or gunners.

starwhisper
Mar 27, 2014, 11:09 AM
Oh and lets not forget that bravers can quad/5-dash which is impossible to the common gunner and force builds but possible for the WB bot.

I've just been seeing way too much braver bitching recently. People need to stop and just play the game.

How to know what class someone is playing:

"Everyone playing an other class than mine is a noob! All other classes have it so easy: they can kill with 2 buttons and be invincible for 1Min every 2Min. Pick my class if you are a real man" --> poor guy playing an underpowered class.

"Well my class is kind of cool , it has pros and cons but can be usefull in any situation. I'm also the best in this special X situation" --> how it should be

"Oh guys stop bitching already, learn to play the game, its so fucking easy"' --> guy proving his class is really that overpowered.

I was being sarcastic when I said "go 12 bravers for TD2", it trolled well. But I wasn't far from reality: at the moment its best to run TD2 with a huge majority of bravers , not too much forces and only one ranger: 9br,1ra,2fo.

AsuravonD
Mar 27, 2014, 11:30 AM
11* dropping on h TD2 is a bug or supposed to happen?

relentless
Mar 27, 2014, 11:34 AM
It's possible for 11* to drop on lower difficulties in TD. That person was simply lucky.

Atmius
Mar 27, 2014, 12:03 PM
11* dropping on h TD2 is a bug or supposed to happen?

I've seen an 11* in the normal difficulty drop records for TD when it first came out, so...

Aine
Mar 27, 2014, 12:15 PM
the best party for TD2 is clearly 11 bravers and a ranger

gigawuts
Mar 27, 2014, 12:16 PM
the best party for TD2 is clearly 11 bravers and a braver/ranger

slight adjustment

Z-0
Mar 27, 2014, 02:59 PM
No, you're far better with a Ranger/Hunter who knows how to use PAs. Just like TD1.

I haven't played TD2 yet, but Force not useful for it like TD1?

Xaeris
Mar 27, 2014, 03:03 PM
If you lose a wall, the spawns start popping over a large enough area that one or two forces/techers couldn't possibly cover them all. But if those walls are up, yeah, two forces/techers can zondeel pretty much everything for summary execution apart from the few mobs that will spawn behind the gate regardless of their status.

Braver spam may be idiotproof (well, given how my first run went, maybe it's more idiot-resistant), but good planning still trumps it.

deahamlet
Mar 27, 2014, 05:43 PM
If you lose a wall, the spawns start popping over a large enough area that one or two forces/techers couldn't possibly cover them all. But if those walls are up, yeah, two forces/techers can zondeel pretty much everything for summary execution apart from the few mobs that will spawn behind the gate regardless of their status.

Braver spam may be idiotproof (well, given how my first run went, maybe it's more idiot-resistant), but good planning still trumps it.

Two zondeels plus a well placed 4-shot WB-er will help make sure those walls don't break. Assuming the rest are not just baddies who can't harm a fly, of course.

deahamlet
Mar 27, 2014, 05:45 PM
Oh and lets not forget that bravers can quad/5-dash which is impossible to the common gunner and force builds but possible for the WB bot.

How to know what class someone is playing:

"Everyone playing an other class than mine is a noob! All other classes have it so easy: they can kill with 2 buttons and be invincible for 1Min every 2Min. Pick my class if you are a real man" --> poor guy playing an underpowered class.

"Well my class is kind of cool , it has pros and cons but can be usefull in any situation. I'm also the best in this special X situation" --> how it should be

"Oh guys stop bitching already, learn to play the game, its so fucking easy"' --> guy proving his class is really that overpowered.

I was being sarcastic when I said "go 12 bravers for TD2", it trolled well. But I wasn't far from reality: at the moment its best to run TD2 with a huge majority of bravers , not too much forces and only one ranger: 9br,1ra,2fo.

Ahmm what about those of us who play fo/te, gu/ra/hu, br/hu and fi/hu.... if we say gunner and braver are way easier and stronger, what are you to think? That we suck at playing fo/te is the typical response I heard last time I bothered with that discussion lol.

PS: Honestly 2 forces, 1 person with /ra or main ra, and 9 DPS of whatever kind will do as long as well equipped and 65 and not shit at their class. Bravers DO get rid of the infections faster, I will give them that. Have 1-2 br/hu or br/ra (bow can also murder that infection) roaming.

deahamlet
Mar 27, 2014, 05:50 PM
You know bad parties are mostly SEGA's fault. I mean 65s only still can go side-ways, I blame it on people still grasping what to do, but in other blocks you end up with 50, 54, 58 etc... which just don't have the power to punish enemies fast enough to defend the walls or stop enemies fast enough.

I think SEGA made a huge mistake when they left entry level point the same on raids as in normal maps. Should have been like XQs and had higher entry level, like 60. Damn TD2 isn't the place to be leveling main or to see BS like "X's subclass reached 36". Oh for...

*flips keyboard/nerdrage* LOL

Rakurai
Mar 27, 2014, 08:39 PM
Is it just me, or is the 10* drop rate really bad on this TD compared to the normal one?

I've done five runs total with 250% drop boosters active, and I only got two weapons from the Goldrahdas, and maybe six normal 10* star weapons from crystal.

I suppose it's also possible that they nerfed the 10* drop rate for both quests, though...

gaijin_punch
Mar 27, 2014, 09:54 PM
Pretty sure your "tower health" has something to do with that. I've gotten a couple of 10-stars (Vibrace Bow, and one other) but I finished last night with barely any health left on the last tower and didn't get a single red. It was actually kinda nice as I didn't have to filter through crap.

Personal best so far is finishing the quest with 2 towers. 3 seems like it's going to be a trick without a great party, and 4 a pipe dream. The turtle just rips the ass out of the walls on Wave 3 if they're still up.

Rien
Mar 27, 2014, 10:05 PM
finished a run on a vita block (!) with four towers intact.

Best run by far, and I really need some tactics improvement.

Daiyousei
Mar 27, 2014, 10:10 PM
managed 4 on my first run at it, granted it was a good MPA that held the front wall for 5 waves.

And then the spawns suddenly decided to tip over to the right. While that lured most of the MPA over, a mass spawn happened on the left, and steamrolled right through with little resistance, left tower was destroyed almost immediately. I saved front right tower by rushing forward and activating the barrier with a sliver of HP left. MPA never made it to heal. Final wave the MPA pretty much regained composure and spread out pretty effectively, with even the front right tower that I saved surviving, which I was not expecting it too and thought I had needlessly wasted a barrier.

Rakurai
Mar 27, 2014, 10:48 PM
Pretty sure your "tower health" has something to do with that. I've gotten a couple of 10-stars (Vibrace Bow, and one other) but I finished last night with barely any health left on the last tower and didn't get a single red. It was actually kinda nice as I didn't have to filter through crap.

Personal best so far is finishing the quest with 2 towers. 3 seems like it's going to be a trick without a great party, and 4 a pipe dream. The turtle just rips the ass out of the walls on Wave 3 if they're still up.

I got a S-Rank on three of those runs.

Oddly, the one where the last tower had only 10% of its health left dropped a Motav Prophecy.

deahamlet
Mar 28, 2014, 04:24 AM
I got 2 11*s (GM and new cannon), both on 50ish% runs with at least 2 towers down completely.

Aurorra
Mar 29, 2014, 09:50 AM
Yeah, the 10* drop rate seems really bad for this one 3 S-Rank clears with 250% booster up the entire time only got three 10* drops.

Rien
Mar 29, 2014, 10:51 AM
Managed to hold the walls until wave 5. All towers intact.

schnee4
Mar 29, 2014, 10:55 AM
run useless fo/te and shoot il grant everywhere instead of zondial
guarantee 4 run
also bring all your friend b20 force and join mpa with 4/4 force

Rien
Mar 29, 2014, 11:04 AM
run useless fo/te and shoot il grant everywhere instead of zondial
guarantee 4 run
also bring all your friend b20 force and join mpa with 4/4 force

just saiyan

il grants can't aoe

but it sure can lock down vibras.

RubyVixen
Mar 30, 2014, 07:27 PM
My first expeience with SH TD2? all 5 towers standing, front left at a little over 50%

Second experience: lost one tower because too many people decided to attack Vibrace all at once and a wave hit the tower relatively unopposed.

Also my party leader started another TD when I was trying to toss an item to pick up a vibrace bow that dropped. Alt+F4'ed and went to do something else, because I was livid.

Macman
Mar 30, 2014, 07:43 PM
Also my party leader started another TD when I was trying to toss an item to pick up a vibrace bow that dropped. Alt+F4'ed and went to do something else, because I was livid.
That's entirely your fault. Make room for that stuff between waves. :-?

I've had people scramble to pick up items and screw me out of a third run doing that.

btw-Niji
Mar 30, 2014, 07:47 PM
owned

Chdata
Mar 30, 2014, 07:57 PM
I seem to never get S ranks, and not an S rank is pretty much a waste of ~15 minutes.

Vampy
Mar 30, 2014, 08:01 PM
I have no experience in this EQ just did it once it went so bad lol It feels easier but at the same time it feels much easier to lose control if the mpa is unorganized from my three runs on SH

btw-Niji
Mar 30, 2014, 08:04 PM
Honestly, this EQ is really easy if your MPA is not full of idiot rank whores who try and get the last hit on everything instead of spreading out and taking care of their own enemies.

But I will say this, if the beetle throws a bomb at the most south tower and everyone is on "him", that tower is fucked.

Vampy
Mar 30, 2014, 08:18 PM
I noticed but I always seem to get idiots very rarely I get a good mpa. Then again no offense to any B:20 players but usually I get the leftovers from B:20 or some random english players who don't know how to even properly upgrade equipment. There have been times I've seen some level 50 players with a random set of units and weapon not even upgraded.

RubyVixen
Mar 30, 2014, 08:23 PM
because i'm not 65/65 yet, and have poverty equipment, I'm fine with scoring in the bottom 9~12. I just focus on helping out where I'm needed. I've found that the roles I fill best are collecting, and killing bombs, or disabling ragne/vibras. I've tried supporting with S/D/Zondeel/Megiverse/Zanverse, but I'm skeptical about my usefulness in that regard.

Macman
Mar 30, 2014, 08:25 PM
If you have problems killing the beefier mobs with everyone else, then hang around the towers and make sure they aren't being sneak attacked or infected while everyone else is off playing Northern Hero. It's a lot more helpful than you'd think.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2014, 08:26 PM
because i'm not 65/65 yet, and have poverty equipment, I'm fine with scoring in the bottom 9~12. I just focus on helping out where I'm needed. I've found that the roles I fill best are collecting, and killing bombs, or disabling ragne/vibras. I've tried supporting with S/D/Zondeel/Megiverse/Zanverse, but I'm skeptical about my usefulness in that regard.

Score has little to no importance and only barely indicates contribution to a quest. I regularly score in the bottom 6 because I pick up the slack of other players that won't get me many if any points - I use WB, or I focus on a straggler that everyone is ignoring, or I run all the way south to kill an infection when nobody else is paying attention, etc.

With my gear I'm perfectly capable of curbstomping a whole ton of stuff, but if everyone else in the MPA is going to be focusing on the large groups and nobody else is paying attention to anything else then I'm far more valuable to the MPA doing the little things everyone else ignores (like, god forbid, maybe putting up a barrier when there's a swarm of enemies hitting the tower).

Vampy
Mar 30, 2014, 08:37 PM
I can do a shitton of damage myself being 65 65, but I've always remained behind just incase the base became overrun to set off a barrier or kill an infection or bomb while also collecting crystals for the photon cannon. I can't count how many times everyone was on the other side of the map and a whole mob of darkers came rushing my tower.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 30, 2014, 10:31 PM
Yeap, it's pretty embarrassing doing the support job if you're a braver tho. I recently 65/65ed br/Hu with mediocre equipment, but I always try to stay behind somewhere farther away from the crowd just in case a random mob comes out of nowhere. I also use fudou a lot to stun occasional enemies. I can shunka stuff but chances are, I won't be able to out-shunka the first place guy with premium power boost affixes and the susano. And I'm also a very defensively built braver with lots in iron will and automate half line. But sometimes I do question my usefullness =.= is it even okay for a braver to play occasional support?

pkemr4
Mar 30, 2014, 11:54 PM
ran the new TD for the first time.

all i have to say is..

how the fuck are people actually failing this and having trouble again? (all 3 of my runs were near flawless also got 12+ 10*'s)

Daiyousei
Mar 30, 2014, 11:55 PM
I'm a Braver and even in TD1 I rank 10-12 because all I do is collecy crystals nearby and make sure at least one tower doesn't go unwatched while the rest of the MPA just goes wherever the spawns are.

MetalDude
Mar 31, 2014, 12:00 AM
The two things that really kill bad groups are infections on towers (leaving them there in general and killing them last which for some stupid reason makes the wave take another 10 seconds to finish) and having a wall break (with very little monitoring during the process to catch them afterwards). With a decent group covering both of these, TD2 is actually extremely easy.

Kikikiki
Mar 31, 2014, 12:00 AM
I'm a Braver and even in TD1 I rank 10-12 because all I do is collecy crystals nearby and make sure at least one tower doesn't go unwatched while the rest of the MPA just goes wherever the spawns are.

You're not useful enough then.

Vampy
Mar 31, 2014, 12:02 AM
People are not that bright I've seen people ignore and/or not notice infected towers, vibrace bomb and dicahda's.

Chdata
Mar 31, 2014, 12:12 AM
This EQ actually gives worth to me camping at towers where noone is, but only if a wall breaks.

Otherwise it's prevent wall break.

I usually jump back for infections unless I see people are already back or moving there.

TD1, pretty much no need to camp at towers aside from if you can't spawn kill mobs properly or stuff like wave 4.

Daiyousei
Mar 31, 2014, 12:12 AM
You're not useful enough then.

I'd say the times I got crystal god I was pretty useful. And that's just because everyone just goes after the kills and bosses. And the tower I'm watching usually ends up having the most HP left.

milranduil
Mar 31, 2014, 12:18 AM
I'd say the times I got crystal god I was pretty useful. And that's just because everyone just goes after the kills and bosses. And the tower I'm watching usually ends up having the most HP left.

Instead of lollygagging around you could actually be killing shit instead of circle jerking over crystals.

Daiyousei
Mar 31, 2014, 12:28 AM
It's happened many times but every time I take my eyes off something happens, I'm just cursed that's all. Vibras waits for me to get impatient and go towards it for a fair distance, and sends bomb all the way to the tower I left. I jump to the front wall to see what was going on, 2 infections immediately appear on the towers I was between just moments ago.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 31, 2014, 12:32 AM
been getting too much Strategic Warrior Title here.

how does one qualify for this? I don't even know what I'm doing to always get that title. (I like it though)

Aine
Mar 31, 2014, 12:41 AM
been getting too much Strategic Warrior Title here.

how does one qualify for this? I don't even know what I'm doing to always get that title. (I like it though)

probably LA dashing

WildarmsRE5
Mar 31, 2014, 12:46 AM
probably LA dashing._. seriously? because I do triple LA Regen.

I better practice Triple LA Regen Hardcore dash. (on a serious note, seriously? explanation?)

Chdata
Mar 31, 2014, 12:48 AM
Explanation: He's joking.

Aine
Mar 31, 2014, 12:55 AM
nah I'm serious

you get that title for having a high score and using chat several times in the mission
LA counts as chat

WildarmsRE5
Mar 31, 2014, 01:04 AM
nah I'm serious

you get that title for having a high score and using chat several times in the mission
LA counts as chathttp://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/8180/350662-big_boss_salute.jpg
THANK YOU CAPTAIN! *salutes*