PDA

View Full Version : 2 days of error

Nanbobo
Mar 27, 2014, 12:11 PM
Hi all,
Last two days my PSO tweaker is prompting me to "install new story patch at arks"...I click YES, it is the same 3/12/2014. THe one I have installed already. My tweaker also shows on the LEFT window: "Story Patch: Not compatible. Do NOT install.".

Ok. I checked for updates. Reinstalled all. No work.

I uninstalled all. Checked for updates (got as virgin as possible...oh to do that in real life as well...AHEM any ways). Re-downloaded the latest ARKs story file patch. Installed everything again...same thing.

This does not stop me from playing the game. Everything seems good so far. The only thing is that the item translation seems out of whack as well. No items are translated and still get those "new story patch" message each start up.

Any suggestions? Did the game update and we just wait until a new ARKS thingy is updated and everything falls back in place? I am a patient man so I can wait...^^;
K.....^^; ....K......K its still broke needfixnowthrowstable! :rant::-D:-?

Punisher106
Mar 27, 2014, 12:36 PM
Uh... If the sidebar says to not install the story patch... Why would you install the story patch?

This. You have to have the IQ of a potato to not acknowledge the big red letters on the right side of the screen.

Blitzschnell
Mar 27, 2014, 12:37 PM
Uh... If the sidebar says to not install the story patch... Why would you install the story patch?

maybe he likes CHALLENGES! hu3

Tenlade
Mar 27, 2014, 12:41 PM
This. You have to have the IQ of a potato to not acknowledge the big red letters on the right side of the screen.

I go through the motions pretty quickly when installing patches and dont even look at that menu half the time, when you go through the motions automatically its pretty easy to miss stuff painfully obvious and have tunnel vision. And I cant double check, but i think the item translation checkbox stayed marked even after the update, which is another thing that could break without really noticing it.

Honestly, If the tweaker already checks if patches are up to date, why doesn't it just disable the install options when it detects its not updated? Does it bring up a warning box if you try to install anyway?

Aussei
Mar 27, 2014, 12:45 PM
Why does the tweaker prompt to install something that is already installed? This happened to me in the past as well and it had messed up my PSO2 and had to reinstall. O.o;

FacelessRed
Mar 27, 2014, 12:49 PM
Bugs aside, the item translation patch doesn't go through when patches hit.

Also OP already said they saw the "do not install" and still proceeded to do so.

HIT0SHI
Mar 27, 2014, 12:56 PM
Found you're problem as said before:

LEFT window: "Story Patch: Not compatible. Do NOT install."

rpgstar1
Mar 27, 2014, 12:58 PM
Whenever there is going to be an update of PSO, the patchs need to be adjusted to work with this update, so if the tweaker says do not use, do not use the patch.

Also, you do need to reinstall the english patch and the large files patch.. Also my tweaker as of now says the items work so you can check that box to, but the story can't be used yet.

Nanbobo
Mar 28, 2014, 06:07 AM

AIDA, because at the SAME TIME the client first prompts to install. So based on that logic...There are conflicting messages.... And as I mentioned.

I completely removed it in the event it was corrupt for some reason (Since everyone has the 03/12/2013 installed, why would it randomly say "do not install"? How can I not install something that has been installed and running fine?? anyways...) . It still gave me the same message...So how is it possible to recognize and display the same message for a patch that is not even activated? That aside, the first message "Install new patch from arks" logically means there is a new update...

So that is why I reinstalled it. Because I Thought the old 3/12/2013 obviously randomly is not longer accepted by the client and it has been tweaked. So I reinstalled it...logic based on "Arks has a new patch for you"...(lies XD).

But yeah, same error message. So Instead of uninstalling I will just leave it since the performance is exactly the same with or without it.

I will just assume the next arks patch will fix all this. And have to run without items translated until then. And I am not the only person getting hit by this error. :-P

Rev+
Mar 28, 2014, 06:13 AM
Step 1: Don't rely on poor people.
Step 2: Learn Japanese

WildarmsRE5
Mar 28, 2014, 07:23 AM
2 days of brain damagewhere the hell is "Common Sense" when you need it?

should the world start calling it Uncommon Sense?

Nanbobo
Mar 28, 2014, 10:21 AM
But you're not understanding - It would only prompt you about a new story patch AFTER you installed the current one... which the sidebar tells you not to.

After the 3/26 update, the current story patch will prevent you from playing the new Tower Defense for the first time. Hence, I marked it as "NOT Compatible, do NOT install."

Just because the game starts with the patch does NOT mean the patch is compatible. There's been plenty of times old Large Files patches will cause endless loading screens, AFTER you get into the lobby.

And the item translation was fixed yesterday, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

Yeah, sadly that is not true:

The client prompted me the SAME message even AFTER the patch was no longer installed and removed (I am smart enough to not open my mouth if I was running the patch and it telling me not too...)

Basically, the message is there randomly 3 days ago when installed. AFter installed, and reinstalled.... Same with the "Arks has a new update" message (which comically covers the red warning message, but that is just a small point)

So far no glitches or long loading screens.

And where is the 3/26 we are talking about? Arks site only has 3/12?
EDITED FOR NSA SECURITY REASONS! (not really but you know...)
:-?

Step 1: Don't rely on poor people.
Step 2: Learn Japanese

I know Japanese. In fact, I am playing XAOC Japanese version right now as well. But I prefer the English patch because I run a MMOSITE.Com blog and have over 2K viewers that depend on my English screenshots. Also...the comminty response here noted for next article under "community" XD

Nanbobo
Mar 28, 2014, 10:48 AM
AIDA: But you're not understanding - It would only prompt you about a new story patch AFTER you installed the current one... which the sidebar tells you not to.

After the 3/26 update, the current story patch will prevent you from playing the new Tower Defense for the first time. Hence, I marked it as "NOT Compatible, do NOT install."

Just because the game starts with the patch does NOT mean the patch is compatible. There's been plenty of times old Large Files patches will cause endless loading screens, AFTER you get into the lobby.

And the item translation was fixed yesterday, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, sadly that is not true:

The client prompted me the SAME message even AFTER the patch was no longer installed and removed (I am smart enough to not open my mouth if I was running the patch and it telling me not too...)

Basically, the message is there randomly 3 days ago when installed. AFter installed, and reinstalled.... Same with the "Arks has a new update" message (which comically covers the red warning message, but that is just a small point)

So far no glitches or long loading screens.

And where is the 3/26 we are talking about? Arks site only has 3/12?
http://arks-layer.com/story.php
:-?

Oh, and yes the first two files are updates to version 3/26 (English patch, and Large Story Files). Those are the ones done automatically of course and not downloaded manually. And as you know those come from here: http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206
So that is no surprise. Just the final 3rd file (Story files) hence that arks link, that shows the 3/12 file only available...how is this not showing up on everyone else's client??? Until arks updates you should all be showing in red: "Do not install"... But since that message just popped up one day...Even while installed, you can leave it installed because it changes nothing really except screw with your item file.
Again, I think this is all going to be solved when ARKS updates? Because NOT installing is the same result...

Nanbobo
Mar 28, 2014, 02:33 PM
http://puu.sh/7MEOz

Okay.

A) You're saying it's telling you to install the story patch, even when it's not installed? Can you take a screenshot and show me?

B) The "Arks-Layer has a new story patch available!" should not cover the red text in the sidebar, ever.

C) The current issue with the story patch is related to the new 2nd TD EQ. If you start it for the first time with the current story patch installed, the game will just sit and not let you move.

D) You're not allowed to post links to either of those sites, please remove them.

E) The 3/26 I referenced was about the SEGA Update, not a story patch update.

F) Yes, those patches are easy to update, as it's ~16 and ~30 files. The story patch is 3,366 files and growing.

G) It's showing up like that on everyone else's client as well. I don't think *most* people have the story patch installed at the moment, since it says "Do NOT install" in red letters.

H) The side of the Tweaker? As it says, it's not showing whether or not you have the patch installed, only whether or not it's compatible.

I) I don't know what you mean about the "item file", but the item patch is working 100%

J)esus Christ

K) And yes, you can install the story patch once I've fixed it, which will hopefully be today.

Ok, calm down...

Responding in order:
A) Re reading from my basic post in the original post it is clear, but I will try to explain slowly here: I play like everyone else. I check for updates (usually auto patches) and install the .RAR files when prompted. I had the 3/26 and 3/12 story files.
3 days ago (odd day, nothing special, no updates, etc..) I launch the client to play, and the "Go to arks to update new story file" pops up. I clcik YES. Since that is natural.
Arks is dated 3/12. I tell myself, well I have that already. I cancel out and go back to the client. That is when I notice the RED letter message: "Do not install etc.". OK, I check for updates, rendering my client virign...Still red message.
Ok, I uninstall all the patches...Still red message.
Ok, perhaps, just perhaps ARKS 3/12 is a modified version. So I redownload it. I then re-install all files. 3/26 up to date. Story patch. up to date, but still that red message. OK... I decide to wait a day...And that is how this post started.

B) Hey, It does cover it. I am not the one that programs this stuff...BUT, if you read. I said: "It is not big deal" See image:
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/Nanbo554/covered.png

C) Ok, So far I have not been effected. But that is good to know. And thanks for the info.

D) Ok, No problemo. I will remove then now.

E) Yes. And I verified that saying that all the files EXCEPT the story patch are all updated....

F) YUP, I know. I do coding myself, and I also suffered the near 3 hour uninstall process of the story patch ehehe!

G) Ok. See I think this is the heart of the problem. The red letters appeared 2 DAYS AGO. So the "old (3/12)" is always "installed"....On 3/12/2014 we all installed it...This message would apply to NEW players since they would just come here to install...This also applies to older players (myself) that there is a problem and to UNINSTALL (since you are now implying we should not have it..INSTALLED)...So yeah. The question still stands. LEt it sit there in "installed" or "uninstall it"? the only people that would not have it installed, again, are new players...unless the client auto removed it.
And like I mention, the game runs find with it installed or uninstalled except for that part you mentioned above...in which case do you recomend it is unisntalled? You see the verbage is not clear. Neither is the message...yeah, we do not install it...but what about us folks that had in installed back in 3 12???? And you now see how the "go to arks" is even more misleading???

H) Actually, every time I was not installed or installed or bad version, I am told one way or another...and I know exactly what the problem is etc...Your advice has helped in the best to guide myself following the in client messages. Here is mine "uncovered" but nothing new here: http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/Nanbo554/regularstorypatchred.jpg

I) I had a message in the client last 2 days "Item file is not compatable". It is working now today as of noon my time.

J)Aliens.

K) TAke your time. Like I said. Games running fine. In odd twist of fate, it is actually running faster than it ever has for me ehehe! Some times I get a little window box lag as the text loads up, like a 5 second hang up. Recently super split second speed!

Thanks again for the response and hard work. I will, as predicted in the post, await your next command mah mastah! *bows*. ^^;;-)