PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 April 9th update

Ezodagrom
Mar 28, 2014, 06:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OvT5qJ4m54

New PAs, new scratch, seasonal lobby, SH AQs for City, Ruins and Sanctum, and floors 51~60 for the Forest XQ.

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20140305/

Horo The Wise Wolf
Mar 28, 2014, 06:12 AM
AQs <3

The Launcher PA and that Knuckle PA has me interested...

gigawuts
Mar 28, 2014, 09:46 AM
I can't wait to spam that launcher PA at all my melee buddies.

Aine
Mar 28, 2014, 09:48 AM
just what the launcher needs, a slow PA

otaku998
Mar 28, 2014, 09:53 AM
If only Knuckle got that launcher PA instead, would be a Spirit Bomb.

Lostbob117
Mar 28, 2014, 09:59 AM
just what the launcher needs, a slow PA

That is the concept of lauchers, to be slow, powerful weapons. I see no problem with the PA.

Aine
Mar 28, 2014, 10:01 AM
from the description of meteo fist on the site: "the number and size of the fists is random, but if you charge the PA you're more likely to get a stronger attack"

putting RNG in your PAs

gigawuts
Mar 28, 2014, 10:01 AM
That is the concept of lauchers, to be slow, powerful weapons. I see no problem with the PA.

In the current state of the game, slow and powerful falls just short of fast and powerful, which is what plenty of other weapons are.

from the description of meteo fist on the site: "the number and size of the fists is random, but if you charge the PA you're more likely to get a stronger attack"

putting RNG in your PAs

So it's over end when over end was brand new. Over end used to have random number of hits in its final swing, with more gear giving you a higher chance of more hits. Yes, you could get all three hits without even having the gear on your skilltree, and yes you could get just the one with maxed gear. I had both happen myself.

Lostbob117
Mar 28, 2014, 10:04 AM
In the current state of the game, slow and powerful falls just short of fast and powerful.

Pretty much, they need to make the slow and powerful weapons more powerful. OR they could nerf the fast weapons. Neither way works, but I think people rather see a buff then a nerf.

NoiseHERO
Mar 28, 2014, 10:37 AM
Hmm... nother update worth logging in for, for an hour or so.

Punisher106
Mar 28, 2014, 10:51 AM
Eh. I'm happy with my satellite cannon. Now to wait for ruinfish to have 51-60.

strikerhunter
Mar 28, 2014, 11:27 AM
I just notice something bout the new knuckle PA.

They did it on a spardan A who's weak point is its top, suggesting that the attack is from above, the actual damage maybe cheaper.

Arksenth
Mar 28, 2014, 11:28 AM
I'm pretty sure the Spardan A weak point only applies to shooting attacks, though?

Also, it looks like it only landed one hit while the screenshot promotion has three fists raining down. So maybe even one hit will be enough to 1hko most mobs.

gigawuts
Mar 28, 2014, 11:29 AM
Correct, spar family enemies only have ratk weak points.

SakoHaruo
Mar 28, 2014, 11:41 AM
Eww, not this video again. Watching gate captain Zesh take plasma to the face makes me sad every time. Gotta learn to evade man.

Akakomuma
Mar 28, 2014, 11:58 AM
Can't wait for the Samurai armor.

Arksenth
Mar 28, 2014, 12:08 PM
I don't understand why the female samurai outfit is so unnecessarily stripperific as usual.

I don't understand why the male samurai outfit isn't unnecessarily stripperific as usual.

RollTheDice
Mar 28, 2014, 12:12 PM
uh-oh.

jooozek
Mar 28, 2014, 12:31 PM
I don't understand why the female samurai outfit is so unnecessarily stripperific as usual.

I don't understand why the male samurai outfit isn't unnecessarily stripperific as usual.

would a G sized bulge in crotch suffice?

cheapgunner
Mar 28, 2014, 12:44 PM
would a G sized bulge in crotch suffice?

Probably not for someone like him. He'd be upset other ppl would have G sized bulges on their samurai outfits as well.

Arksenth
Mar 28, 2014, 12:47 PM
Now, now, it's not like G-sized Bulges are a limited resource.

Line up, all you hot samurai!

Now serving number 197?

cheapgunner
Mar 28, 2014, 12:55 PM
True but you'd have to offer DD's and such for the ladies as well. And when you say bulge, you mean strictly men right?

Arksenth
Mar 28, 2014, 01:02 PM
The ladies can all get full metal armor forever now for all I care. DOWN WITH GENDER EQUALITY.

mmmmm stripperific male costumes

Akakomuma
Mar 28, 2014, 01:04 PM
I'd actually like less "stripperific" female costumes. Never seen the show, but I enjoy Attack on Titan clothing as it's more 'normalish'.

Edson Drake
Mar 28, 2014, 01:28 PM
That male samurai armor... do want (on my female character).

Please sega?

Echoing this for truth. Samurai armour for ladies! Not that pseudo callgirl would be Hon Kozane Dou.

Shinamori
Mar 29, 2014, 05:40 AM
I wonder if we'll get the Il Zan, Katana, and Bow PA when extended Ruins XQ drops.

UnLucky
Mar 29, 2014, 05:57 AM
That swimsuit is useless without my character's name on the front!

wtb> custom stickers

They could use the smaller sized SAs the Teams emblems use

Rakurai
Mar 29, 2014, 06:16 AM
Wonder if they plan on implementing AQs for the Coast, Quarry, and Seabed in the update after this one.

Would be nice to have more drops from those areas on the market.

relentless
Mar 29, 2014, 07:15 AM
That swimsuit is useless without my character's name on the front!

This. We can't dress up as true elementary schoolers without a proper name plate! We are also missing the elementary school hat that looks like a safety helmet, though a cute hair accessory would do. Throw in the red backpack and that mask and you're good. Still, that name plate!

UnLucky
Mar 29, 2014, 07:24 AM
I still can't believe the elementary school backpack is an upcoming accessory

As in, why did it take so long to get here? :L

Ezodagrom
Mar 29, 2014, 07:30 AM
Wonder if they plan on implementing AQs for the Coast, Quarry, and Seabed in the update after this one.

Would be nice to have more drops from those areas on the market.
We'll probably get to find out in tuesday's livestream.

PSO2 Live Broadcast #18

April 1st @ 21:00 (http://bit.ly/1lkymu7) JST on Nico Nico Live (http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv173828156)
Viewer Submission Form: This time the theme is “April Fools Memories.” Viewers can submit messages until March 31st @ 18:00 JST.
April’s “Light of Resurrection” Update
PSO2 es Information
Live playthrough of a new Emergency Quest available for a limited time.
PSO2 Video Contest Selections
Phantasy Star Festa 2014 Information
The latest unannounced information!

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-and-patch-3262014/

BIG OLAF
Mar 29, 2014, 08:09 AM
At least they're rolling out all the SH AQs in a timely manner. I wonder if Coast/Quarry/Seabed are next two weeks after April 9th (finally).

Hopefully the samurai armor is a recolorable outfit. Been too long since they had good non-special clothing.

Also, slow as it seems, that launcher PA will probably be devastating. All those hits.

Kikikiki
Mar 29, 2014, 08:20 AM
Also, slow as it seems, that launcher PA will probably be devastating. All those hits.

But it HOMES.

Aine
Mar 29, 2014, 08:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/iEX5yMl.jpg

New AQs are already slated for release in Light of Resurrection. Hopefully they'll put all three out at once, or we'll have to wait for the new PAs.

Also in the list: XQ expansion (presumably Ruins 51~60), Craft expansion, new story quest and story-exclusive field, and a 12-player boss quest (presumably bird DF).

gigawuts
Mar 29, 2014, 08:52 AM
Craft expansion will undoubtedly be +1 extend level and maybe a boost to great success rates.

My only question is if they'll keep the new ex levels cheap to attempt. The current max requires a sapphard, and they didn't really require rubiards in multiple consecutive ex levels for every rarity, so... Also 11*s may be added to the list, so expect GM prices to spike again :wacko:

angrysquid
Mar 29, 2014, 09:58 AM
Great Success : Dex Restored.
Please ._.

Rien
Mar 29, 2014, 10:44 AM
never.

Tenlade
Mar 29, 2014, 11:00 AM
if they ever made an extend that restores damage variance I'll bet it will have to come from desynthing 11*s, with a great success no less.

gigawuts
Mar 29, 2014, 11:04 AM
if they ever made an extend that restores damage variance I'll bet it will have to come from AC scratch.

fixed

or, well, we're both right - the good one will be random, the bad one will be AC scratch

otaku998
Mar 29, 2014, 02:49 PM
Is the dmg variance really that big? I mean i have been using my crafted 7* Katana Ex5 forever, and i do pay attention to its dmg, in which i don't see it differ much?

Or having over 530 dex help?

GALEFORCE
Mar 29, 2014, 03:02 PM
530 dex helps, but doesn't cover it completely. Probably more the fact that you're playing lolbraver, and possibly using katana gear for the higher crit rates.

otaku998
Mar 29, 2014, 03:03 PM
I guess it's a braver thing then

Daiyousei
Mar 29, 2014, 03:04 PM
I have over 600 dex if I'm on my braver dex mag and I can vouch for dex helping with my Ex5 剣影/リヒト damage variance, on my Fi SATK mag however, I definitely notice huge differences when I'm using nyoibo that I all classed.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 29, 2014, 03:19 PM
If you don't have katana gear running, and don't have asinine amounts of dex (pure mag master race), your damage variance will be around 20% below your crits with ~420-430 dex.

MetalDude
Mar 29, 2014, 03:48 PM
Do note that a weapon with 1000 atk would be providing 900 dex for you just so you can get an idea of how much dex you have to make up on crafted weapons.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 29, 2014, 03:57 PM
That isn't how it works. Rare weapons inherently raise your minimum damage to a specific value (varies between weapon to weapon, typical value was given as 90%), regardless of its other stats. If your DEX stat surpasses this, it will be used to calculate the minimum damage value instead. If it does not, DEX does absolutely nothing. Red/Blue weapons have a significantly lower minimum damage value than the standard rare, while crafted weapons and non-rares have no inherent minimum damage values tied to them at all.

MetalDude
Mar 29, 2014, 04:22 PM
Okay that sounds about right.