PDA

View Full Version : Vita Change control scheme?

Sarthraa
Mar 29, 2014, 01:37 PM
Hey all, I just started playing PSO2 on the Vita (was playing on PC) and I'm trying to remap the controls. I map the controls to how I like them, but whenever I exit out of the settings dialog it gives me a popup with a "Yes" and "No" option. No takes me back into the settings, and Yes takes me out, but reverts the controls back to normal. Is this some sort of a control conflict or am I just missing something obvious?

Scale of Judgment
Mar 29, 2014, 01:50 PM
When you exit. It means " Exit without saving changes"

Sarthraa
Mar 29, 2014, 02:11 PM
Well, -facepalm- I must need coffee, I probably should have figured that out well within the 5-10 minutes I spent in that menu. Thanks, Scale!

schnee4
Mar 29, 2014, 05:57 PM
vita controls will be terrible no matter what change

landman
Mar 29, 2014, 06:03 PM
I really wish the Vita filesystem was unlocked, so maybe we could do a vita EN patch :(
Why not a PSP2i EN patch? PSP is unlocked :P

Sarthraa
Mar 31, 2014, 11:59 AM
vita controls will be terrible no matter what change

On the contrary, the Vita controls work perfectly for me. I'm used to playing with a PS3 controller, so with slight modifications the PS Vita has some pretty good controls. I've had no issues playing (aside from forgetting my control setup in the beginning...oops)

Inazuma
Mar 31, 2014, 12:14 PM
On the contrary, the Vita controls work perfectly for me. I'm used to playing with a PS3 controller, so with slight modifications the PS Vita has some pretty good controls. I've had no issues playing (aside from forgetting my control setup in the beginning...oops)

I don't think that's what he meant. The Vita doesn't have enough buttons, for one. And touchscreens are terrible for gaming. You are also limited in how you can configure it.

For the PC version, you can use the mouse for pinpoint accuracy when shooting guns in TPS mode. Or you can use a controller in combination with software such as JoyToKey, to configure your controls exactly how you want, far exceeding the default controls. I have my controller configured so I can do absolutely anything from it, instantly. Even including stuff like chat shortcuts, zoom out, auto run, and every menu shortcut.

So while the game is certainly playable on the Vita, if you compare the controls to the PC version, they are flat out horrible.

Sarthraa
Mar 31, 2014, 12:32 PM
I don't think that's what he meant. The Vita doesn't have enough buttons, for one. And touchscreens are terrible for gaming. You are also limited in how you can configure it.

For the PC version, you can use the mouse for pinpoint accuracy when shooting guns in TPS mode. Or you can use a controller in combination with software such as JoyToKey, to configure your controls exactly how you want, far exceeding the default controls. I have my controller configured so I can do absolutely anything from it, instantly. Even including stuff like chat shortcuts, zoom out, auto run, and every menu shortcut.

So while the game is certainly playable on the Vita, if you compare the controls to the PC version, they are flat out horrible.

True, I do see your point. I never actually play Ranger/Gunner, so I'm not one to have any input on that. I'm not complaining terribly loudly about the lack of buttons, though, just for the sake of convenience of being away from my computer. I can see the touchscreen being an issue, though. I've never been a power-user as far as control customization, so I haven't had the same issues. I guess I'm much more casual and care-free in comparison.^^;

Sara-hime
Mar 31, 2014, 12:42 PM

Always wondered how that worked on the PC side. I can see how that would cause ranged fighters problems. Maybe it once in TPS view, you can tilt the Vita to help with precision much like how Gravity Rush and Uncharted do it. Maybe they haven't had enough preople request such a feature.
:-?

blace
Mar 31, 2014, 01:04 PM
If they were to implement such a feature it would only be a gimmick to help sell the Vita version.

I don't know if it's the games or just the feature in the system, but the motion sensing in the Vita was terribly off and wouldn't benefit ranged gameplay.