PDA

View Full Version : Error 78

Pages : [1] 2

jiasu73
Mar 29, 2014, 09:34 PM
Hello! did everyone in ship 2 get this message all of a sudden :)

Xaeris
Mar 29, 2014, 09:35 PM
Yes, me and everyone in my team did. Bizarre.

Tenlade
Mar 29, 2014, 09:38 PM
guessing a hacker just learned how to send a whisper to the entire ship at once.

Vintasticvin
Mar 29, 2014, 09:42 PM
Well guess we're fucked aye? it was a helluva time while it lasted.

GreenArcher
Mar 29, 2014, 09:43 PM
RIP in peace

Daiyousei
Mar 29, 2014, 09:43 PM
It's Sziadan, an old hacker, and he sent it to everyone in ship.

Shadowth117
Mar 29, 2014, 09:44 PM
People have been hacking for a while. Though that in particular is new. It would be very stupid to just blanket ban foreigners for something like this though.

Shinamori
Mar 29, 2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah, Sega's not gonna do that. They'll probably at most patch it so they can't do it.

Vintasticvin
Mar 29, 2014, 09:45 PM
Honestly someone needs to physically take this asshole down since taking him down online won't do shit -_-

Z-0
Mar 29, 2014, 09:49 PM
RIP Visiphone

Shadowth117
Mar 29, 2014, 09:50 PM
Honestly, I put a lot of blame on 1. Gameguard since SEGA pays them specifically to keep stuff like this from happening and 2. SEGA for being to lazy to make their own, proper protection for their game. It is annoying to the player base that he's doing that and he's clearly harassing a lot of people, but its definitely not only him that's to blame here.

Daiyousei
Mar 29, 2014, 09:50 PM
There goes the lobby bot now

BIG OLAF
Mar 29, 2014, 09:51 PM
Well, it's going to piss off the Japanese players (I already see a bunch of them talking in lobbies about it). So, if their goal is to be annoying, it's going to work.

I guess they think they're being cool, or like..?

Vintasticvin
Mar 29, 2014, 09:52 PM
Should we start worrying and panic like headless chickens now eh heh... and yeah we need someone to take down that lobby bot guy too.

Tenlade
Mar 29, 2014, 09:52 PM
Im gonna log off before they start doing hacks that might mess with people. Highly unlikely but hey, better safe then sorry.

Shadowth117
Mar 29, 2014, 09:53 PM
That's almost definitely their goal; to be annoying that is. As to why they're bored enough to do that, I have no idea.

I'm just worried that the easy way out will be taken by SEGA here AKA region banning.

GreenArcher
Mar 29, 2014, 09:53 PM
I'm going to uninstall the game just to be safe.

Z-0
Mar 29, 2014, 09:56 PM
They won't catch you if the game isn't on your PC for sure.

Xaeris
Mar 29, 2014, 09:57 PM
This is why we can't have nice things.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 29, 2014, 09:58 PM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/jaye3rd89/hmm_zps2b45fc8b.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/jaye3rd89/media/hmm_zps2b45fc8b.jpg.html)

Tenlade
Mar 29, 2014, 09:59 PM
They won't catch you if the game isn't on your PC for sure.

Thats what they want you to think. Your PC will never be safe, you know what needs to be done.

Get the hammer.

TaigaUC
Mar 29, 2014, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I got a whisper from Lobby Bot too.
You know a game isn't coded well when clients can secretly send global whispers.
Or teleport NPCs and players everywhere.
Or attack in a combat-free area.
Or delete your HDD.

Xaeris
Mar 29, 2014, 10:01 PM
What's troubling is that I can't even put this guy on my blacklist. Searching for the player ID (lobby bot or whatever) returns no results, even if I open up my chat logs in Notepad and copypasta it directly to account for any clever character substitutions.

EvilMag
Mar 29, 2014, 10:02 PM
[spoiler-box]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bj8YA-SCIAERwD7.jpg:large[/spoiler-box]

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 29, 2014, 10:03 PM
Hmmm? a vita player

AsuravonD
Mar 29, 2014, 10:06 PM
There's no PSN, so no, its a PC player

The Walrus
Mar 29, 2014, 10:06 PM
This can only end well.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 29, 2014, 10:09 PM
Oh i see lol my bad

Shadowth117
Mar 29, 2014, 10:11 PM
Plus, vita players can't enter b20 anyways. They're restricted to 100 and 200 level blocks.

Edit: 100 level blocks are vita only and can't be viewed pc players for those who weren't aware.

EvilMag
Mar 29, 2014, 10:11 PM
lol...B20's premium space is actually full.

Reversal
Mar 29, 2014, 10:12 PM
Is there something in specific that we should do/avoid doing? My gf lost control (being moved around/ messages) of her character during the EQ, which apparently seems related to this.

Tenlade
Mar 29, 2014, 10:14 PM
I would suggest going offline, just incase any of the hackers decide to start playing around with thier warp/"kill" in lobby hacks as well. Or at the very least, don't hang out in the lobby in the open.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 29, 2014, 10:14 PM

yeah i just saw that too:-?

Zettabyte
Mar 29, 2014, 10:16 PM
[EDIT: Imagine an animated gif, wherein Lobby Bot had a status message which cycled colors and scrolled the name of a certain hacking site, clearly impossible without some form of hack.]

Points for style, if not subtlety.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 29, 2014, 10:18 PM
Obviously 0 ***** are given....

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 29, 2014, 10:20 PM
Can we like... stop reccommending people to go to b20 for help and have gaijin newbies just come to these forums now, and teach them to use the quest counter to join parties?

As time goes on there are only more and more reasons to avoid that fucking block (and maybe even all of ship2 for jp players) like the plague.

Macman
Mar 29, 2014, 10:23 PM
Probably JPs going to pick a fight/report. B20 almost never has any premium space used whenever I'm on.

BIG OLAF
Mar 29, 2014, 10:23 PM
No one should ever recommend anyone go to B20 if they're new. That's where aspiring young players go to have their potential shrivel up and die. Those people have no idea how the game works, and always offer completely asinine advice on class combos/builds, and strategies.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 29, 2014, 10:24 PM
Awww....but all the cool jp players ive befriened =/
Had no idea what they was saying but still partied

sabitsuki
Mar 29, 2014, 10:27 PM
I'm just gonna go gobble up some leftover curry while this situation gets resolved, probably through emergency maintenance

ShinMaruku
Mar 29, 2014, 10:27 PM
Overeaction much? Now I hear some hackers saying they do it to call attention to PSO2's weaknesses but I think either they are insane or it's just bullshit to cover up it gets their jollies off.

Sega may just patch this up. They could do the country ban but they too lazy and I think if 8% of their money comes from the west they won't do that.

Sanguine2009
Mar 29, 2014, 10:28 PM
best thing to do is colony drop b20, LET THE PURGE BEGIN!

pkemr4
Mar 29, 2014, 10:30 PM
you guys do realize they have harasses japanese players in b10 right?

TaigaUC
Mar 29, 2014, 10:32 PM
I think everyone already knows PSO2 is full of weaknesses.

Anyway, there's currently a lot of JP discussion regarding this.
It doesn't exactly reflect well on the international community.
Or SEGA.

Shinamori
Mar 29, 2014, 10:33 PM
It was fun guys, but all things must come to an end.

Ratazana
Mar 29, 2014, 10:34 PM
Overeaction much? Now I hear some hackers saying they do it to call attention to PSO2's weaknesses but I think either they are insane or it's just bullshit to cover up it gets their jollies off.

Sega may just patch this up. They could do the country ban but they too lazy and I think if 8% of their money comes from the west they won't do that.

A small percentage of a ship avoided like the plague will hardly account for 8% of sega money, unless you have plenty of gaijin whales which I doubt.

Anyways, this is just a silly PR stunt so they can sell more trainers.

Skywolf
I don't think game guard can even stop what they're doing, because it seems like they've gotten into the server itself.

Galax
Tbh the main problem is that shit like this is even possible in the first place, which I'm betting it wouldn't be - or at least it would be a lot harder - if SEGA would stop using GameGuard.

In the mean time, I can't access the player shops; No matter what I do, it stops on "searching...". Same with Arks Search, and presumably any search related function. I can change blocks and run missions just fine; Same with taking/turning in COs.

But I really would like to check on the price of a few guns.

Vintasticvin
Mar 29, 2014, 10:35 PM
A small percentage of a ship avoided like the plague will hardly account for 8% of sega money, unless you have plenty of gaijin whales which I doubt.

Even if these ass hats were to be killed and have their gear destroyed they will still live -_-

Chdata
Mar 29, 2014, 10:38 PM
Tbh the main problem is that shit like this is even possible in the first place, which I'm betting it wouldn't be - or at least it would be a lot harder - if SEGA would stop using GameGuard.

In the mean time, I can't access the player shops; No matter what I do, it stops on "searching...". Same with Arks Search, and presumably any search related function. I can change blocks and run missions just fine; Same with taking/turning in COs.

But I really would like to check on the price of a few guns.

The hackers probably crashed that.

Also gameguard is literally a rootkit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit

I'm not worried, unless SEGA really wants to show that they are bad at handling situations like this and blanket ban eng players or something.

To the people who actually still afk in b20: G L

ShinMaruku

If you have a bunch of gaijin whales that could account for 8% of pso2's revanue. Keep in mind that 7% of LoL pays and they make fantastic sales. So if these are the classic pump hundreds of dollars a month in crazy stuff and there is enough it could account for 8%. But there really is no threat of Sega doing anything. They are just making this run as is and counting the C notes.

TaigaUC
GameGuard is a piece of shit.
Every popular game I've played that invested in GameGuard to "protect" their games has been rife with hacks from day one.
I don't understand why so many companies still think GameGuard is the best thing since sliced bread.

BIG OLAF
Mar 29, 2014, 10:40 PM
I don't understand why so many companies still think GameGuard is the best thing since sliced bread.

They don't. It's probably just cheap, and, well, you get what you pay for and all that.

Companies like SEGA probably have contracts with nProtect, so they get it even cheaper.

ShinMaruku
Mar 29, 2014, 10:40 PM
GameGuard is a piece of shit.
Every popular game I've played that invested in GameGuard to "protect" their games has been rife with hacks from day one.

I think because of one of 3 things. Easy to implement, cheap licensing fees or those guys at Gameguard put some money into the devs and they hook them into it.
With Sega vote 1 and 2.

TaigaUC
Mar 29, 2014, 10:52 PM
I remember hearing it was quite expensive.
That was a long time ago though, and I don't remember the source at all.

Shinamori
Mar 29, 2014, 10:54 PM
"DFさんまともなレア置いてってくださいよ" lol

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 29, 2014, 10:59 PM
"DFさんまともなレア置いてってくださいよ" lol

Was someone begging the hacker for this as if he was santa?

Z-0
Mar 29, 2014, 11:03 PM
A lot of people were asking the hacker for things (the Japanese, this is).

One asked for Ex Passes, one asked for Orochi, one asked for Psycho, etc. etc.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 29, 2014, 11:05 PM
A lot of people were asking the hacker for things (the Japanese, this is).

One asked for Ex Passes, one asked for Orochi, one asked for Psycho, etc. etc.

:disapprove:

:nono:

:barf:

Shinamori
Mar 29, 2014, 11:05 PM
I think they left though.

BIG OLAF
Mar 29, 2014, 11:10 PM
They do realize that these guys can't give out items or tamper with anything like that, right?

Daiyousei
Mar 29, 2014, 11:11 PM
Supports what I'm reading on 2ch

TaigaUC
Mar 29, 2014, 11:16 PM
Games with systems like near-impossible rare drops encourage people to want to cheat.
For obvious reasons. I'm sure pretty much everyone is tired of Falz by now.
What's it been, almost two years now? That's a long time.

Anyway, just hope SEGA doesn't feel like "oh hey, we have PSO2 Asia coming out, so we can just ban all EN players now cuz we're too lazy to re-code our security vulnerabilities!"
It'll also be amusing if all these vulnerabilities are patched in that version of PSO2 but not the JP version.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 29, 2014, 11:17 PM
They do realize that these guys can't give out items or tamper with anything like that, right?

Apparently not, or else the game economy woulda've been FUBAR, and irrepairable over a year and a half ago.

Ratazana
Mar 29, 2014, 11:21 PM
They can bypass dudu though, but that's not available in the trainer for sale.

btw-Niji
Mar 29, 2014, 11:28 PM
They can bypass dudu though, but that's not available in the trainer for sale.
i hope method getz leakd cuz fk dudu

TaigaUC
Mar 29, 2014, 11:30 PM
Systems like Dudu encourage cheating blablablabla zzzzzzzz

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 29, 2014, 11:31 PM
Systems like Dudu encourage cheating blablablabla zzzzzzzz

Now that is understandable, and I empathize.

Zettabyte
Mar 29, 2014, 11:33 PM
http://youtu.be/2Q2ZSo_-thk

Oh god, what just happened.

btw-Niji
Mar 29, 2014, 11:39 PM
http://youtu.be/2Q2ZSo_-thk

Oh god, what just happened.
panic!

foreigner ip ban incoming!

TaigaUC
Mar 29, 2014, 11:39 PM
That looks more fun than the game we have.

Anon_Fire
Mar 29, 2014, 11:41 PM
Welp, back to FFXI. See ya on the Ragnarok server.

ShinMaruku
Mar 29, 2014, 11:42 PM

I'm in warframe myself.

keywen
Mar 29, 2014, 11:43 PM

Oh god, please don't make me go back to those cat people :[

Anon_Fire
Mar 29, 2014, 11:46 PM
Oh god, please don't make me go back to those cat people :[

Play as a Hume if you don't like the Mithra.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 29, 2014, 11:51 PM
I couldnt really see what was happening. was people getting kicked out?

Zipzo
Mar 29, 2014, 11:53 PM
Honestly, it's hilarious that they would even try to use the guise of "exposing server weaknesses", because if there's any company I'd expect would just shoot a bullet through a piece of paper in a situation like this it'd be SEGA, and once all IPs outside of Japan are banned...then what? What exactly have you done for SEGA's servers aside from remove themselves and all of their other fellow countrymen? Kind of counter-productive for themselves if you ask me, though I imagine it'd be valid to state that servers would be "cleaned up" should the US be banned.

Though I'd have to find a new team, lol...but it'd be interesting to hang out in an empty B-20...

Zettabyte
Mar 29, 2014, 11:55 PM
I couldnt really see what was happening. was people getting kicked out?

The hacker (Zia) was walking around while glowing. Then jumping. Then teleporting.

GJ, Sega.

Zipzo
Mar 29, 2014, 11:57 PM
TBH, all this stuff like glowing and using spells in the lobby is all superficial and pointless. Who even really gives a shit.

Once we get lobby FSOD and things of that nature from these turd-brain american "hacker" wannabes, get the f off the servers and stay off, even if your whole country has to go with you.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 29, 2014, 11:57 PM
The hacker (Zia) was walking around while glowing. Then jumping. Then teleporting.

GJ, Sega.

Sound and particle effects seemed like continuous self-buffing with random drink/photon tree.

ShinMaruku
Mar 29, 2014, 11:58 PM
Honestly, it's hilarious that they would even try to use the guise of "exposing server weaknesses", because if there's any company I'd expect would just shoot a bullet through a piece of paper in a situation like this it'd be SEGA, and once all IPs outside of Japan are banned...then what? What exactly have you done for SEGA's servers aside from remove themselves and all of their other fellow countrymen? Kind of counter-productive for themselves if you ask me, though I imagine it'd be valid to state that servers would be "cleaned up" should the US be banned.

Though I'd have to find a new team, lol...but it'd be interesting to hang out in an empty B-20...

I would think they should just be honest. Although kicking the Western Players would clean up some of the game with less silliness but the whole, 'Fixing code' is bullshit and everybody knows it.

TaigaUC
Mar 29, 2014, 11:59 PM
TBH, all this stuff like glowing and using spells in the lobby is all superficial and pointless. Who even really gives a shit.

Well it was kinda annoying when we had an event and someone kept teleporting everyone to the shop area so that they couldn't start the event.

BIG OLAF
Mar 30, 2014, 12:06 AM
Well it was kinda annoying when we had an event and someone kept teleporting everyone to the shop area so that they couldn't start the event.

It was the same guys.

TaigaUC
Mar 30, 2014, 12:13 AM
I figured as much.

Vintasticvin
Mar 30, 2014, 12:18 AM
Are they from the west or assuming?

ShinMaruku
Mar 30, 2014, 12:20 AM
Oh they are from the West. Some are well reviled. :P

Vintasticvin
Mar 30, 2014, 12:22 AM
Well I guess now is the time to look into a new hobby to waste my free time on lol.

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2014, 12:28 AM
No one should ever recommend anyone go to B20 if they're new. That's where aspiring young players go to have their potential shrivel up and die. Those people have no idea how the game works, and always offer completely asinine advice on class combos/builds, and strategies.

^Because they don't play the game duh lol.

Also some of the stuff he is doing is pretty old news but that visiphone one yeah that was pretty damn legit. I had to log off and log on to use it again.

RadiantLegend
Mar 30, 2014, 12:36 AM
If anyone is planning to quit because of this, I can take your rares off your hands xD.

Zettabyte
Mar 30, 2014, 12:36 AM
Sound and particle effects seemed like continuous self-buffing with random drink/photon tree.

Lobby Bot did it with a yellow effect, then... I think blue and green? The Twitch VOD hasn't processed yet.

Ratazana
Mar 30, 2014, 12:37 AM

Oooh the irony. Combustible trash looking down on non-combustible trash.

BIG OLAF
Mar 30, 2014, 12:39 AM
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/edgypost.gif

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2014, 12:43 AM
If anyone is planning to quit because of this, I can take your rares off your hands xD.

Oh you~! But nah I want mah Katana I really needed a new one lol and I finally got it just now 50% ele yet.....you can have my shitty 11* launchers doe~!

2128drain
Mar 30, 2014, 01:00 AM
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/edgypost.gif

They're right, though. Do you even have time to play inbetween touching yourself to your amazoness waifu?

TaigaUC
Mar 30, 2014, 01:04 AM
Oooh the irony. Combustible trash looking down on non-combustible trash.
Well, you have to wonder how that extended Susano Guren came about.

In-game announcement:

プレイ中の皆様にお知らせいたします。  3/30 12時頃より不正ユーザーの行為により、Ship02のビジフォンなど一部機能に一時的にアクセスしづらい 状況になっておりました。  該当ユーザーに対しては、アカウント停止措置を行い、現在は正常に稼働してお ります。またこの問題によりお客様のPCやプレイデータに影響はございませんので、ご安心ください。  皆 様にはご不安とご迷惑をおかけし大変申し訳ございませんでした

Rephrased from Google Translate:

An announcement to everyone currently playing. At around 12pm 3/30, it became difficult to access some features such as Ship02's Visiphone due to a user engaging in misconduct. That user's account has been banned, and everything is currently running as normal. Furthermore, the problem does not impact players' PCs or user data, so please do not be alarmed. Our apologies for the inconvenience and anxiety caused.

BIG OLAF
Mar 30, 2014, 01:10 AM
They're right, though. Do you even have time to play inbetween touching yourself to your amazoness waifu?

I can do both at once. It's not hard. :-)

Lazy Google Translate:

Most of that doesn't make sense at first glance, for obvious reasons.

But, if I had to throw it together really quick, it's saying that the Visiphone is fixed, the "hackers" got banned (they'll be back by tomorrow, I'm sure), or something.

ShinMaruku
Mar 30, 2014, 01:11 AM
See no US bans.

2128drain
Mar 30, 2014, 01:11 AM
Well, you have to wonder how that extended Susano Guren came about.

Wait, what?

That announcement is good news, though.

TaigaUC
Mar 30, 2014, 01:14 AM
Most of that doesn't make sense at first glance, for obvious reasons.

But, if I had to throw it together really quick, it's saying that the Visiphone is fixed, the "hackers" got banned (they'll be back by tomorrow, I'm sure), or something.

I feexed the Google Translate.
Banning hackers is such a joke. Probably takes like 10 minutes to make another account or find a working proxy.

Wait, what?
I just wonder how many people are telling everyone to extend top-tier 10 stars, like with that person who extended a partially-grinded Susano Guren (to lv1, if I recall correclty) and then tried to use it in TD.
I get the impression most people are too lazy to look anything up and will just take the word of whatever random person answers their questions.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2014, 01:16 AM
I can't wait for my triboosters, I'm running low.

TaigaUC
Mar 30, 2014, 01:17 AM
I can't wait for my triboosters, I'm running low.
Haha. Me too.

Maybe that was their true intention.
"Hey everybody, running low on tri-boosters? Okay, we'll make some bugs more obvious, so that SEGA'll compensate us."

BIG OLAF
Mar 30, 2014, 01:19 AM
I feexed the Google Translate.
Banning hackers is such a joke. Probably takes like 10 minutes to make another account or find a working proxy.

Undoubtedly. Like I said, they'll be back in a day or two. Maybe even sooner. Maybe even now.

I get the impression most people are too lazy to look anything up and will just take the word of whatever random person answers their questions.

That's more or less the major problem. Hopping into B20 and just yelling "IS ____ A GOOD CLASS COMBO?!" to the hordes of mooks there is hardly a good way to research something.

2128drain
Mar 30, 2014, 01:22 AM
like with that person who extended a partially-grinded Susano Guren (to lv1, if I recall correclty) and then tried to use it in TD..

Sweet baby Jesus why

Lostbob117
Mar 30, 2014, 01:25 AM

TIL that BIG OLAF has really low standards.

Walkure
Mar 30, 2014, 01:37 AM
I just wonder how many people are telling everyone to extend top-tier 10 stars, like with that person who extended a partially-grinded Susano Guren (to lv1, if I recall correclty) and then tried to use it in TD.
Someone actually did that and wasn't joking around? :lol:

TaigaUC
Mar 30, 2014, 01:41 AM
From the Mining Base EQ Guide & Information Thread:

I wish B20 didn't chase me at B12.

Sorry, but I can't carry people like this yet:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/p6BySa4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Not really blaming just that user, because PSO2's game design is often backwards in terms of logic.
Remember when everyone thought extending would be, you know, extending forwards instead of backwards?
Not to mention how many irreversible things are vague as hell and require experimentation and/or third-party information.

And someone probably told them it'd be a GREAT idea.

Zettabyte
Mar 30, 2014, 02:05 AM
Not really blaming just that user, because PSO2's game design is often backwards in terms of logic..

Way too true. And it's irreversible... It's almost like Sega wants us to fuck up so that we have to do all that work all over again!

Wait a second...

Lostbob117
Mar 30, 2014, 03:00 AM
I go away for a few hours, and the entire ship goes to hell.

http://puu.sh/7MFuR

So, can anyone do a quick "catch-me-up" on what happened?

Drama, you're caught up!

Sizustar
Mar 30, 2014, 03:04 AM
I go away for a few hours, and the entire ship goes to hell.

http://puu.sh/7MFuR

So, can anyone do a quick "catch-me-up" on what happened?

A hacker found a way to whisper chat to every user active on the ship, and then gave the same ability to a lobby bot.
Prior to that, he was warping people into outer space in B20.

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2014, 03:23 AM

I am surprised you didn't correct him on the amazoness part, wow you're slipping pretty hard.

yoshiblue
Mar 30, 2014, 03:34 AM
Its the middle of the night, many things can happen.

Meta77
Mar 30, 2014, 08:51 AM
So what does this mean. Do you think sega will issue a wide ban. I mean they know for a fact there are a lot of english players online. And have known.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2014, 09:01 AM
I am surprised you didn't correct him on the amazoness part, wow you're slipping pretty hard.

Yeah, clearly Nassandra isn't even a female.

I mean, look at those arms.

And those biceps.

And...that long torso. My god, she's not even human!

edit: also the chin, that's the important part

reptile7383
Mar 30, 2014, 09:10 AM
I haven't played in a year and I come back to everybody still talking about whether or not we are all going to get banned....Good to see some things haven't changed XD

Aine
Mar 30, 2014, 09:40 AM
here come the IP bans

TaigaUC
Mar 30, 2014, 09:52 AM
Way too true. And it's irreversible... It's almost like Sega wants us to fuck up so that we have to do all that work all over again!

Wait a second...

Keikaku means plan.

ShinMaruku
Mar 30, 2014, 10:09 AM
Sega is not that smart. You guys are attributing Illuminati level intellect on them.

~Aya~
Mar 30, 2014, 11:09 AM
These guys could literally break this game and its economy within a week most likely. I think they are just goofing around with stuff they find such as the whispering the entire ship and bot etc. They know sega lacks the ability to do anything to stop them. IP ban would also be useless and punish only their paying customers and hurt some of their profit although not a large amount. You should be upset with sega for their inability to deal with hackers and unwillingness to.

ShinMaruku
Mar 30, 2014, 11:20 AM
I would rather said I am not upset with them with their conduct because I never gave them the benefit I gave them the doubt. And I knew this will happen.

~Aya~
Mar 30, 2014, 11:32 AM
I would rather said I am not upset with them with their conduct because I never gave them the benefit I gave them the doubt. And I knew this will happen.

Just like PSO 1.

ShinMaruku
Mar 30, 2014, 11:34 AM
From PSO I knew Sega in incapable of actually running something online competently. And since they will never get pushback fro their poor service it will never change. But hey what the market can bear right? :wacko:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 30, 2014, 11:45 AM
These guys could literally break this game and its economy within a week most likely.

Like I said, they can't or else hackers would'ave done it over a year and a half ago.

~Aya~
Mar 30, 2014, 11:50 AM
Like I said, they can't or else hackers would'ave done it over a year and a half ago.

I believe they can and just aren't for reasons unknown. Maybe they want to mess around and "enhance" gameplay over ruining the game for everyone. You never know with these people. A little research goes a long way.. and of course, what has happened in the past.

ShinMaruku
Mar 30, 2014, 11:51 AM
They are not the kind who can do more than the stupid shit they are doing atm.

Ratazana
Mar 30, 2014, 12:00 PM
The thing that could wreck the economy, dudu bypassing, seems to be a trap for stupid hackers. Maybe they tried and sega deleted the item immediately or the flagged item couldn't be sold.

Sza and crew seems to think it's more lucrative to sell the trainer instead of trying to get money in game.

Bloothehegdehog
Mar 30, 2014, 12:08 PM
This is why I'm on ship 7 (because I accidentally went there)

~Aya~
Mar 30, 2014, 12:18 PM
The thing that could wreck the economy, dudu bypassing, seems to be a trap for stupid hackers. Maybe they tried and sega deleted the item immediately or the flagged item couldn't be sold.

Sza and crew seems to think it's more lucrative to sell the trainer instead of trying to get money in game.

Probably why they hold back, to sell it and profit over breaking it and gaining nothing. Talking about it will only raise awareness throughout the community sadly... Not much anyone but sega can do about it. Stay away and keep an eye out, I guess.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 30, 2014, 12:18 PM
ship 7 ftw! where almost no one is!

pkemr4
Mar 30, 2014, 12:24 PM

japanese hackers were able to get to the arks festival items before they were released. also americans arent the only hackers. just the japanese are actually smart and keep it to themselfs and dont run around like dumbass's advertising the website and program, and making there shit obvious.

btw-Niji
Mar 30, 2014, 12:30 PM
Did anybody here say that Americans were the only hackers?

Some of the most annoying "hackers" (more like script kiddies) in PSO1 and 2 history are from the UK. >_>

I'll name one person.

Broomop.

And that guy is still active on this game.

Zipzo
Mar 30, 2014, 12:40 PM
Did anybody here say that Americans were the only hackers?

Some of the most annoying "hackers" (more like script kiddies) in PSO1 and 2 history are from the UK. >_>

I'll name one person.

Broomop.

And that guy is still active on this game.

Broomop is a sham, and always has been in the face of actual, true pioneers of PSO hacking. He copies others work and then runs around with it like an idiot acting like he did it himself, what's worse is he tries to sell that work to people in what is actually key logger packages.

Broomop isn't a hacker, he's just a pathetic copycat.

I think hacking in PSO is stupid anyway, but the fact Broomop ever even became a household mention when it comes to Phantasy star hacking is just embarrassing.

He also acts like a tool in public.

btw-Niji
Mar 30, 2014, 12:41 PM
I am well aware of that.

Thank you.

Z-0
Mar 30, 2014, 12:49 PM
japanese hackers were able to get to the arks festival items before they were released.
No they didn't, they were given out to every designer and Arks GP winner.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2014, 12:50 PM
Aaaah, all this crying about hacking. Just like the good old days. It just wouldn't be phantasy star without it.

Zipzo
Mar 30, 2014, 12:57 PM
Aaaah, all this crying about hacking. Just like the good old days. It just wouldn't be phantasy star without it.

At least it's not a big shit fest over lobby save FSOD and all that other supremely irritating shit we were dealing with back then...

I'll take shiny golden jackasses running around at the speed of sound in lobbies any day over that.

NexusAZ
Mar 30, 2014, 01:08 PM
At least it's not a big shit fest over lobby save FSOD and all that other supremely irritating shit we were dealing with back then...

I'll take shiny golden jackasses running around at the speed of sound in lobbies any day over that.

Inb4it'saSEGAadvert

pkemr4
Mar 30, 2014, 02:40 PM
just noticed. why is the thread called "error" 78?

btw-Niji
Mar 30, 2014, 02:53 PM
03:49 PM SZiadaN
Viewing Thread
Errror 78

Tenlade
Mar 30, 2014, 03:13 PM

Inb4it'saSEGAadvert

Well its about time Sonic went super in one of these crossovers.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 31, 2014, 02:58 PM
these assholes are at it again just to let everyone know

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 31, 2014, 03:00 PM
these assholes are at it again just to let everyone know

Of course when you post that, I tab back in to see it...

Daiyousei
Mar 31, 2014, 03:04 PM
609 :名無しオンライン:2014/04/01(火) 04:55:20.87 ID:ahbVqu18
I love you <3('ω'`)

610 :名無しオンライン:2014/04/01(火) 04:55:24.04 ID:RW24EDsP
(´・ω・`)アイラブユー

611 :名無しオンライン:2014/04/01(火) 04:55:26.45 ID:UcbHyEU0
何またビジフォン死ぬの?

612 :名無しオンライン:2014/04/01(火) 04:55:28.48 ID:Wq1VUCb5
>>600
(´・ω・`)スレ立てbot

Just saw this on 2ch

Touka
Mar 31, 2014, 03:26 PM
Lobby-bot just pmed me with a "?",should I hide in the closet?

Vintasticvin
Mar 31, 2014, 03:38 PM
Bleh, how can you guys still go online knowing this stuff is going on even though it isn't harmful.

Meta77
Mar 31, 2014, 04:46 PM
im just going to wait for the update before logging in again. i just really dont want to get banned :c

Code-red
Mar 31, 2014, 05:07 PM
hmmm i was planning to do some training today after the story patch was updated. But from what i am seeing here. I'll just stick with vindictus and elsword until maintenance is finished on weds.

Lostbob117
Mar 31, 2014, 05:45 PM
Goddamnit, these fools are going to get all of us IP banned.

http://puu.sh/7MFvV

I just had a friend banned a second ago, a few minutes after Lobby Bot started this shit. As far as I know, he's never done anything wrong.

And maintenance tomorrow is SUPER long, 6PM EST - 4AM EST. That's 10 hours, with no explanation as to why. IP ban incoming?

Doubt it, also - that image makes me feel like I'm shaking and not the gif itself.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 31, 2014, 06:00 PM
everyones gonna get ip banned

rip pso2
rip psow

Z-0
Mar 31, 2014, 06:02 PM
I obviously don't want it to happen, but at the same time I kind of do just to see what happens and what reactions will be.

I would just play other games.

Shinamori
Mar 31, 2014, 06:02 PM
So, now is not a good time to play?

Z-0
Mar 31, 2014, 06:05 PM
Why people think staying offline is going to mean anything, I dunno.

You're not going to get banned for being online, and if there is an IP Ban (there won't be), being online or not is not going to affect if you're banned or not.

Stop being ridiculous and just play if you want to. You're only encouraging them by saying things like "I'll stay offline as long as they keep doing this", and that means they're obviously having an effect, which is the goal...

Code-red
Mar 31, 2014, 06:11 PM
yeah but as of now these hackers are playing a game of cat and mouse with Soj. More like giving Soj the bird by doing the same exact thing again,After their last decoy account was banned.

Zephir007
Mar 31, 2014, 06:15 PM
So, whats all about that stuff?

I started playing this game today, currently lv15 and also got a whisper from a Lobby-Bot with an "?" text.

Is it bad, to play right now, or can i just play normally?

Walkure
Mar 31, 2014, 06:15 PM
Goddamnit, these fools are going to get all of us IP banned.

I just had a friend banned a second ago, a few minutes after Lobby Bot started this shit. As far as I know, he's never done anything wrong.

And maintenance tomorrow is SUPER long, 6PM EST - 4AM EST. That's 10 hours, with no explanation as to why. IP ban incoming?
IT'S HAPPENING!!!

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/l68rCFj.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ulKzFgk.png

http://i.imgur.com/9E4AXvK.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/232/633/205.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XqGMQkC.png
[/spoiler-box]

And my friends in Skype group just started to trickle into PSO2 again :lol:

BIG OLAF
Mar 31, 2014, 06:17 PM
Why people think staying offline is going to mean anything, I dunno.

You're not going to get banned for being online, and if there is an IP Ban (there won't be), being online or not is not going to affect if you're banned or not.

Stop being ridiculous and just play if you want to. You're only encouraging them by saying things like "I'll stay offline as long as they keep doing this", and that means they're obviously having an effect, which is the goal...

Exactly. See, there's no-

Oh man, this website.

reptile7383
Mar 31, 2014, 06:18 PM
So, whats all about that stuff?

I started playing this game today, currently lv15 and also got a whisper from a Lobby-Bot with an "?" text.

It'll be fine. People have been worried about mass IP bans since this game started. You'll be fine.

Zephir007
Mar 31, 2014, 06:20 PM
Ah alright, thanks. Gonna hunt some Rockbears now. c:

jiasu73
Mar 31, 2014, 06:24 PM
Ah alright, thanks. Gonna hunt some Rockbears now. c:

Good Luck! I hope you get what you want :D

BIG OLAF
Mar 31, 2014, 06:39 PM
Also, regarding what AIDA pointed out about the extended maintenance tomorrow night:

1. Was it always 10 hours? Or was it recently changed from the regular length of time to 10 hours?

2. Did SEGA do an 'official' announcement when they IP banned China?

pkemr4
Mar 31, 2014, 06:44 PM
wasnt na ip banned before..?

Z-0
Mar 31, 2014, 06:45 PM
Usually maint is 6 hours.

They never officially announced China's IP Ban, it was just noted on Baidu.

By NA, I assume you mean the Western World (did you know that America isn't the only place on the internet that speaks English?), and they were never IP Banned.

strikerhunter
Mar 31, 2014, 06:46 PM
Also, regarding what AIDA pointed out about the extended maintenance tomorrow night:

1. Was it always 10 hours? Or was it recently changed from the regular length of time to 10 hours?

2. Did SEGA do an 'official' announcement when they IP banned China?

1. No, it was normally I think 5 hours?
2. I don't know, so no?

And Pk, there was an IP ban around the Fall after the game launched.

reptile7383
Mar 31, 2014, 06:47 PM
By NA, I assume you mean the Western World (did you know that America isn't the only place on the internet that speaks English?), and they were never IP Banned.

Well there's Canada but they are pretty much Americans by now. Everywhere just speaks Spanish so something.

Walkure
Mar 31, 2014, 06:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5LkYdl7.png

Z-0
Mar 31, 2014, 06:50 PM
Well there's Canada but they are pretty much Americans by now. Everywhere just speaks Spanish so something.
I never realised that Austrailia spoke Spanish. (http://i.imgur.com/HnAHg8N.jpg)

reptile7383
Mar 31, 2014, 06:53 PM
I never realised that Austrailia spoke Spanish. (http://i.imgur.com/HnAHg8N.jpg)

Yeah man. "Mate" is Spanish for "Bro".

Knowledge is power

Daiyousei
Mar 31, 2014, 07:00 PM
I lol'd at this post when I put it into google translate

146 :名無しオンライン:2014/03/31(月) 20:40:37.01 ID:tPbbC5EV
一人の外国人が悪いことして、外国人全員に罰を課すのはおかしいと思います(小並感

I think with that foreigners one person is poor, impose punishment on foreign everyone to be funny (small ordinary sense

At least some of them have the same views as us.

(poor person part lol)

BIG OLAF
Mar 31, 2014, 07:01 PM
Stupid to punish a whole group because of one or two sniveling neckbeards, indeed.

But, we're getting ahead of ourselves. Nothing's going to happen. SEGA and those little weasels will just keep doing the dance.

Lostbob117
Mar 31, 2014, 07:02 PM
Yeah man. "Mate" is Spanish for "Bro".

Knowledge is power

Or you know, Mate is english and just has a similar meaning to bro.

reptile7383
Mar 31, 2014, 07:10 PM
Or you know, Mate is english and just has a similar meaning to bro.

Madness. Why would a language has two words that mean the same thing? I took two years of high school Spanish. It is definitely Spanish.

Lostbob117
Mar 31, 2014, 07:17 PM
Madness. Why would a language has two words that mean the same thing? I took two years of high school Spanish. It is definitely Spanish.

Can you show some evidence?

Z-0
Mar 31, 2014, 07:19 PM
My degree is French/Spanish, so I'll let you know that "mate" is indeed Spanish.

reptile7383
Mar 31, 2014, 07:25 PM

My degree is French/Spanish, so I'll let you know that "mate" is indeed Spanish.

See, confirmed. I don't know what more could be done to prove it to you.

Vintasticvin
Mar 31, 2014, 07:28 PM
Lemme, panic is rising again, too busy with important matters and heres the funny part you guys. We're not even supposed to be logging in the first place but we still do >_< The irony of it all and the joke is on us :P

Chdata
Mar 31, 2014, 09:26 PM
If the hackers are anything like me (I used to mod roms and my Wii for SSBBrawl and Mario Kart) then they don't really care about how adolescents in a single forum react and probably care more about the fact that they're able to PM the entire ship (programming achievement).

Unless they're also just skids.

Naoshi
Mar 31, 2014, 10:36 PM
Had Sega say anything about hackers?

Zenobia
Mar 31, 2014, 10:52 PM

You should really stop.....

.Jack
Mar 31, 2014, 11:00 PM
Never heard of "mate" here though.

It's most likely a regional thing. Spanish is my first language and it's not used or has a meaning here afaik.

Z-0
Mar 31, 2014, 11:01 PM
Shh, bromeamos.

Daiyousei
Mar 31, 2014, 11:03 PM
To get the thread a bit back on topic

http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1392793688

I wouldn't say that they reacted too kindly to Aida.

.Jack
Mar 31, 2014, 11:04 PM
ah, sigan.. lol

Zipzo
Mar 31, 2014, 11:09 PM

There are actually a lot of mixed opinions there.

A lot of them are actually saying they enjoy the presence of foreigners, since it's like PSO days, or they enjoy the diversity.

Some are saying they stay away from B-20 at all costs simply because players in there tend to seem annoying.

And then there was just one guy who said that Broomop and AIDA and me are a diabolical hacking team trying to RMT/Hack the game....which is obviously him just being ignorant/stupid.

Me and AIDA have zero affiliation with Broomop. Do not spread this kind of nonsense unless you are in favor of the person who makes your damn English patch banned.

AIDA and I are monitoring the thread and making posts where necessary to clear things up to dissenters.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 31, 2014, 11:09 PM

I can't comprehend that much google translate engrish to follow that convo...

Zenobia
Mar 31, 2014, 11:10 PM
Stupid to punish a whole group because of one or two sniveling neckbeards, indeed.

But, we're getting ahead of ourselves. Nothing's going to happen. SEGA and those little weasels will just keep doing the dance.

If anything if they did IP ban us it would do the JP's good they no longer have to deal with some of the assine English players we have now and honestly yeah it would hurt a lot of us I know but it aint the end of the world.

It's their call they can shoot when they feel like it. Btw anyone who though they would be gone forever is a fool. I would honestly just pick up another game rather easily PSO2 is not the god of my universe and as much of a fan I am for the pso2 series yeah sucks to get IP banned for it but gotta move on.

Also I loled at that thread Dayo posted.

Kikikiki
Mar 31, 2014, 11:15 PM
It's to be expected though.

>
迷惑集団のリーダー
英語ハック作った超犯人

I burst out laughing at this.

Chdata
Apr 1, 2014, 12:06 AM
I'm not worried, unless SEGA really wants to show that they are bad at handling situations like this and blanket ban eng players or something.

If 2ch weren't IP blocked I'd post a crappy google translate saying that even some English players avoid block 20 because it's that bad.

And unless you actually partake in hacking, I really wouldn't be worried. Unless SoJ reaaaaaaaally is that bad at handling things.

Dark Matter
Apr 1, 2014, 01:35 AM

After seeing thing this, I kinda teared me up.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/JDlELme.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/97y1gpK.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Then this fart muncher pops up

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/RcN9Cm1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Macman
Apr 1, 2014, 01:48 AM
Classy.

Zenobia
Apr 1, 2014, 01:59 AM
Man I couldn't help but lawl when I read that in the post Dayo put up.

landman
Apr 1, 2014, 02:08 AM
Since that was the only part I understood in it, it felt pretty offensive and cruel to me, and I don't have any familiar or nationality affiliation with ww2.

If tomorrow we are all banned.... I have 2000 webmoney for sale lol

jooozek
Apr 1, 2014, 02:37 AM
legit 4 lyfe

Inazuma
Apr 1, 2014, 03:56 AM
Back on topic, Do you guys think there's any real way to keep Szidian off the servers? I can't think of a surefire way. MAC Addresses can change, hardware can change, IPs can change... D:

AIDA is asking this question? That's hilarious. Your English patch has done far more harm to the game than anything Szidian has done. If you put a stop to the English patch, it would cause most of the bad players to quit the game, which would also make it very likely for attention whore hackers like Szidian to stop as well, because they wouldn't have an audience to show off to.

Where do all of these hacks happen? Ship 2? Ship 2 Block 20? I wonder why. How come they aren't fucking around on the other Ships? Maybe because they want to appeal to a certain type of player. The same type of player who uses the English patch and pretends they are playing an English game where it's OK to have bad behavior.

Stopping the English patch would cause the bad players to quit the game, and the hackers would likely be included. And really, the hacking is not a big deal compared to having hundreds of loud and immature English players on the game, ruining mpas for everyone else.

Shinamori
Apr 1, 2014, 03:57 AM
Here we go again.

Coreven
Apr 1, 2014, 03:58 AM
i agree man fuck do i hate those english people theyre the devil man everyone who uses english is such a lost cause humanity is doomed 'n' whatnot

Rev+
Apr 1, 2014, 04:00 AM
SZidian doesn't use the english patch, and he's already stated he just does it for fun, not attention, so...

Its for attention. Anyone who does shit like this wants a reaction... It fun for him because whiny ass western players are crying about this and he is enjoying every second of it.

Zenobia
Apr 1, 2014, 04:02 AM
Oh shit shots fired shots fired.

Shinamori
Apr 1, 2014, 04:05 AM
Removing the English patch isn't going to stop him.

foxtrot222
Apr 1, 2014, 04:05 AM
the japanese are not complaining just about the hacks. they complain of no manners na player, connecting from abroad, using english hack and rmt

Z-0
Apr 1, 2014, 04:07 AM
Yes, we should. That's logical, no?

Coreven
Apr 1, 2014, 04:08 AM
This game has far fewer retards than your average run-of-the-mill other MMO, trust me. You people complaining about foreigners are blind and/or spoiled.

Shinamori
Apr 1, 2014, 04:09 AM
If you guys are such "Japan is pro race" then don't play on ship 2.

Rev+
Apr 1, 2014, 04:10 AM
This game has far fewer retards than your average run-of-the-mill other MMO, trust me. You people complaining about foreigners are blind and/or spoiled.

Isn't this version of the game supposed to be a Japan region only game>?
They have every right to be mad at these people who supposedly are not allowed to play on their server.

Zenobia
Apr 1, 2014, 04:11 AM
And so we should remove every single foreign player because of a few bad ones?

Wrong Aida only the ones who can't read Japanese would be affected if you decided to discontinue it ofc.

isCasted
Apr 1, 2014, 04:14 AM
only the ones who can't read Japanese would be affected.

Only ones who didn't memorize locations of every menu would be affected.

Shinamori
Apr 1, 2014, 04:16 AM
Besides, is not like there's a English wiki we can use that has both English and Japanese names- Oh wait. We do.

Aine
Apr 1, 2014, 04:17 AM
I'm not "conflating" anything. Perhaps you need to google the definition of RMT, or read the post on the previous page explaining it.

The 'real' in this case refers to currency used in the real world, as opposed to currency used in-game. That real world currency doesn't necessarily have to be physical. Bitcoin is another example of a digital real world currency.

This argument doesn't even matter because the TOS prohibits all external transactions involving in-game assets, not just those involving money. So yes, selling a picture for 10m would be against the TOS too.

第10条(一般的禁止事項)

一四.本サービスの利用を通じてゲーム内で取得したアイテム等を、ゲーム外での有償取引の対象とする行為。 これには現実世界での流通通貨を用いて販売、及び購入する行為や、インターネットオークション等の対象とす る行為を含みます。

Coreven
Apr 1, 2014, 04:17 AM
Isn't this version of the game supposed to be a Japan region only game>?
They have every right to be mad at these people who supposedly are not allowed to play on their server.

I considered this for a moment and no, I can't really see the right. It's like you're implying japs don't have their share of bad and rude players. Most of us just don't recognize them because most of us are not familiar with their culture.

Zipzo
Apr 1, 2014, 04:18 AM
Personally.

I live in Japan. I happen to speak English, and I also happened to MMOs through English speaking communities. I am a regular here and I do my best to sympathize with the woes of players who feel like they are going through hoop after hoop to both properly play this game and acquire the same virtual currency ANY Japanese player can in 3 minutes from my local convenience store.

I'm personally putting forth the time and effort to acquire this digital currency so that players who otherwise couldn't acquire it in this very community can..and people want to belittle and demean this effort?

...and it is just downright fantastically ridiculous that people could be so downright rude and unappreciative of the serious time and effort that folks like AIDA are putting in to making that experience as EASY as possible for you.

Is too much to just ask you to not insult us? Hell we don't even ask for thanks. One thing we sure as heck don't want is your BS.

Zenobia
Apr 1, 2014, 04:20 AM
Only ones who didn't memorize locations of every menu would be affected.
^
*Implying everyone does that*

I'll let you speak for yourself on that comment which is pretty silly to retort with the main fact is that a lot of them are only playing cause the patch is made which was my main point of my post which you seem to not understand.

To say you need to memorize locations and menu's when the whole game is pretty much in English please tell me you are not srs I hope not?

TBH what Aida has done is good for people who like the game I have seen many thank her when I go chill on b-20 with my friend to converse trust me.

Shinamori
Apr 1, 2014, 04:20 AM
Personally.

I live in Japan. I happen to speak English, and I also happened to MMOs through English speaking communities. I am a regular here and I do my best to sympathize with the woes of players who feel like they are going through hoop after hoop to both properly play this game and acquire the same virtual currency ANY Japanese player can in 3 minutes from my local convenience store.

I'm personally putting forth the time and effort to acquire this digital currency so that players who otherwise couldn't acquire it in this very community can..and people want to belittle and demean this effort?

...and it is just downright fantastically ridiculous that people could be so downright rude and unappreciative of the serious time and effort that folks like AIDA are putting in to making that experience as EASY as possible for you.

Is too much to just ask you to not insult us? Hell we don't even ask for thanks. One thing we sure as heck don't want is your BS.

Oh, you're Japanese, Japanese and not an English native to knows Japanese? That's kind of cool, actually. :P Anyway, just don't bother anymore. He's just trying to get a rise out you.

Zipzo
Apr 1, 2014, 04:21 AM
The 'real' in this case refers to currency used in the real world, as opposed to currency used in-game. That real world currency doesn't necessarily have to be physical. Bitcoin is another example of a digital real world currency.

This argument doesn't even matter because the TOS prohibits all external transactions involving in-game assets, not just those involving money. So yes, selling a picture for 10m would be against the TOS too.

The TOS says nothing about Webmoney. By the way, I read Japanese, next question?

Zenobia
Apr 1, 2014, 04:24 AM
The TOS says nothing about Webmoney. By the way, I read Japanese, next question?

Zipzo you know you could just ignore them idk why you bother with all this.

Zenobia
Apr 1, 2014, 04:26 AM
Isn't Aine like filthy rich lol? I dun see why he is mad about all this.

Inazuma
Apr 1, 2014, 04:28 AM
Even so, removing all the people who could give him this attention seems a little extreme, don't you think?

It's all good. While I don't agree with their views, and believe they're being pretty rude about it (considering they even fall into the same category themselves), they're allowed to have their own opinions. I can either go "NO RAWR YOUR WRONG I'M RIGHT" (which will not be productive and only cause more problems), kindly comment on it (which I'm doing), or simply ignore them altogether (which I have to do with some posters who just blindly hate because they can).

The hacking is not the problem. It's very minor compared to the problem of bad mannered foreigners ruining the game for everyone else on Ship 2. The Japanese players are unhappy about it.

I'm a foreigner myself, but I don't fall into the same category at all. I know I'm playing a Japanese game so I watch my behavior. My play style and behavior is the same as the Japanese players. I'm in a Japanese team and I play with Japanese players often, and speak Japanese. It's embarrassing for me to see shitty foreign player spamming the lobby or ruining an mpa.

I try to set a good example for us, but it's not enough. Many Japanese players have bad opinions of foreign players because so many of them behave inappropriately. It's very disrespectful to the Japanese to behave that way. Do you have any idea how important it is to be polite and respectful in Japanese culture?

I never said all foreigners are bad. Only the bad ones are bad. One of the reasons for the bad behavior is pretending they are playing an English game. If they have to put a little effort into learning some basic Japanese, it will also go a long way in improving their behavior. How many of the loud and idiotic foreigners can speak Japanese? Almost none. The ones that know some Japanese typically don't behave that way. Learning about Japanese culture and manners comes with learning the language. If you play with Japanese players enough, you will learn what is acceptable and what isn't.

Sega aside, AIDA has the most power when it comes to trying to solve these problems. It's a shame that she doesn't seem to care about doing what is best for the majority of the players.

Coreven
Apr 1, 2014, 04:28 AM
I also find it funny that you're implying breaking the TOS makes him wrong, when you're violating it yourself by connecting to the game from outside Japan :wacko:

Tu quoque. Being a hypocrite doesn't make one wrong.

Anyway, if the TOS indeed probihits trading of in-game goods for external goods, Zipzo would be in the wrong. I completely agree it's a necessary wrong, though, this is all just for the sake of argument.

isCasted
Apr 1, 2014, 04:31 AM
^
*Implying everyone does that*

I'll let you speak for yourself on that comment which is pretty silly to retort with the main fact is that a lot of them are only playing cause the patch is made which was my main point of my post which you seem to not understand.

To say you need to memorize locations and menu's when the whole game is pretty much in English please tell me you are not srs I hope not?

TBH what Aida has done is good for people who like the game I have seen many thank her when I go chill on b-20 with my friend to converse trust me.

...Oh, I only meant players who already played with a patch. I thought human's brain is supposed to remember that automatically if you play the game for a long time, no? I didn't say anything about needing to remember.

Maronji
Apr 1, 2014, 04:31 AM
AIDA is asking this question? That's hilarious. Your English patch has done far more harm to the game than anything Szidian has done. If you put a stop to the English patch, it would cause most of the bad players to quit the game, which would also make it very likely for attention whore hackers like Szidian to stop as well, because they wouldn't have an audience to show off to.

You're barking up the wrong tree. The English patch didn't start with AIDA, and it sure as heck won't end without AIDA.

Sega aside, AIDA has the most power when it comes to trying to solve these problems. It's a shame that she doesn't seem to care about doing what is best for the majority of the players.
See the above. AIDA isn't the main person behind the patch, just the person behind making it more accessible to the masses. You're hilariously misinformed if you think taking AIDA out of the picture would end the English patch.

Now seriously, guys, take this discussion somewhere else. This thread is about the recent hacking on Ship 2, not RMT accusations.

Zenobia
Apr 1, 2014, 04:36 AM
...Oh, I only meant players who already played with a patch. I thought human's brain is supposed to remember that automatically if you play the game for a long time, no? I didn't say anything about needing to remember.

You would be surprised by some.......but I see where you are coming from not that I am saying they are wrong for not committing to memory but they have some who just can't be bothered with it due w/e reason.

BIG OLAF
Apr 1, 2014, 04:39 AM
Damn, you're really stretching now XD You really don't have anything else to try?

You do realize that Rev+ is just some fly-by-night kiddie that made an account on this site because his "bros" suggested he do for the express purpose of helping them troll people, right? I'd stop humoring him with any degree of seriousness.

Zipzo
Apr 1, 2014, 04:39 AM
Tu quoque. Being a hypocrite doesn't make one wrong.

Anyway, if the TOS indeed probihits trading of in-game goods for external goods, Zipzo would be in the wrong. I completely agree it's a necessary wrong, though, this is all just for the sake of argument.

Hi. I can read exactly what the TOS says. Any and all rules in there regarding AC refers specifically to AC. Webmoney is not AC. You can use it to purchase AC, but what I am doing is in no way, zilch, against any article of the TOS. Sega does not own Webmoney. Could Webmoney halt my purchases? Sure. That's be up to them, but they are making that money from me. It is OUT OF Sega's jurisdiction, and surely, the jurisdiction of random forumites who believe they grasp the inner details of SEGAs (quite explicit) TOS despite the fact it mentions nothing of what they're inferring.

I have it up right now. Waiting for your next brilliant observation.

landman
Apr 1, 2014, 04:40 AM
Exactly~ I wish people would stop following me and Zipzo around and harassing us and veering these threads off the track :wacko:

Back on topic, Do you guys think there's any real way to keep Szidian off the servers? I can't think of a surefire way. MAC Addresses can change, hardware can change, IPs can change... D:
Improve the game so some actions insta ban people, it's the only way, but that's not going to happen because lol sega and gameguard.

Coreven
Apr 1, 2014, 04:40 AM
It doesn't take much to remember menu or other stuff, like when I played jp games before I took up studying japanese. A potion's moon rune string looked like this, and the strong piece of armor had the blocky sorta squiggle, etc.

I try to set a good example for us, but it's not enough. Many Japanese players have bad opinions of foreign players because so many of them behave inappropriately. It's very disrespectful to the Japanese to behave that way. Do you have any idea how important it is to be polite and respectful in Japanese culture?

Say, how exactly are the gaijinfags rude to japfags? I've personally only run into annoying pre-teen-like shitbag turboweebs, but no rude ones, honestly. Even if I did run into rude ones, which I probably won't any soon, since I don't socialize that much in PSO2, I imagine the ones that don't speak lunarian couldn't really be rude to lunarians.

Also take a chill pill Zipbro, I'm not attacking you, and do share what the TOS does explicitly say, since I'm just going off based on the other posts in the thread.

Inazuma
Apr 1, 2014, 05:17 AM
Say, how exactly are the gaijinfags rude to japfags? I've personally only run into annoying pre-teen-like shitbag turboweebs, but no rude ones, honestly. Even if I did run into rude ones, which I probably won't any soon, since I don't socialize that much in PSO2, I imagine the ones that don't speak lunarian couldn't really be rude to lunarians.

From small stuff like not greeting people who join your party, to big stuff like fucking over the mpa or spamming the lobby, there are a lot of things that foreigners do that the Japanese consider bad behavior.

Taking over B20 so it can no longer be used for its intended purpose is annoying. The Japanese will purposely step over B20 when B19 gets full. My Japanese team regularly changes our "team block" so as to not interfere with other players. For example, Sega recently moved the first Time Attack block to the same block we used for the team. Because of this, we changed our team block to something that isn't as important.

The blacklist solves pretty much all of the problems related to bad behavior, except for one, mpas. If you refuse to learn Japanese, then you shouldn't join public mpas, speak English, and act like everyone else understands it. It's very rude. These same players tend to be extremely terrible at playing the game as well, so regardless of communication problems, they will often fuck things up by playing in a selfish and unskilled way. I couldn't tell you how many Tower mpas I've been in that have suffered greatly from these players.

Another problem is their attitude when you try to talk some sense into them. They usually refuse to listen to you and will basically tell you to fuck off.

"Hey, don't speak English in mpas. This is a Japanese game, you know."
"Fuck you! I don't care. I will play the game however I damn well please. Fuck off!"

Not even joking about this. That's been the kind of response I get most of the time. The Japanese know about this as well.

Shinamori
Apr 1, 2014, 05:24 AM
You're gonna find that in ANY mmo. ANY.

Kikikiki
Apr 1, 2014, 05:26 AM

Yeah, like the English discrimination against Br and any faction of "foreigners" in other English games.

Seriously, just stop for a moment and reflect it upon yourselves.

Coreven
Apr 1, 2014, 05:30 AM
Well, if someone just joins my party without reason or saying anything to me earlier I'm not gonna greet him if he doesn't greet me. Then the partnership just has a purpose to fuck enemies up and get more xp while doing it.

"Taking over B20." Huh, that's just like how other people have their home block or worlds or servers in this or any other game, except that in this case there are more people than usual. If anything, you should be happy. I'm quite pleased with how B20 contains most of the annoying people, so I don't have to meet them.

About the language, yeah, I don't really see the point either. So what if someone speaks spanish or finnish or swahili tongue clicks? Let them, it's not harming anybody. I'd get pissed if I was told not to communicate in binary as well.

Inazuma
Apr 1, 2014, 05:32 AM

Not in the Japanese MMOs. I played PSOBB and PSU and the English population on those was fairly small and generally well behaved. The Japanese players were well behaved, but that goes without saying.

I played the English version of Dungeon Fighter Online for a few years, and it was absolutely filled with terrible people. I had to deal with shitty people constantly when I played that game. I was insulted by and accused of cheating by random players many times every day, not joking.

Of course an online English game will be filled with trash. That's the culture. Xbox Live is famous for this. However, if you are able to get to a high competitive level, it will work pretty well at filtering out the immature players.

Rev+
Apr 1, 2014, 05:34 AM
Well, if someone just joins my party without reason or saying anything to me earlier I'm not gonna greet him if he doesn't greet me. Then the partnership just has a purpose to fuck enemies up and get more xp while doing it.

"Taking over B20." Huh, that's just like how other people have their home block or worlds or servers in this or any other game, except that in this case there are more people than usual. If anything, you should be happy. I'm quite pleased with how B20 contains most of the annoying people, so I don't have to meet them.

About the language, yeah, I don't really see the point either. So what if someone speaks spanish or finnish or swahili tongue clicks? Let them, it's not harming anybody. I'd get pissed if I was told not to communicate in binary as well.
This game is supposed to be a japan region only game.... The Japanese players should be angry.

Shinamori
Apr 1, 2014, 05:35 AM
See, you're playing with kids. That's were the most (even some adults do it) of the immaturity comes from. They think it's fun to get a rise out of people like you.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 1, 2014, 05:37 AM
This game is supposed to be a japan region only game.... The Japanese players should be angry.apparently, no.

some enjoy with having foreigners in the game.

some doesn't give a fuck.

and there's also those who don't like the foreigners for said reason.

I've made my point. *flies away*

landman
Apr 1, 2014, 05:38 AM
Welcome to the PSU 360 community, were you could be yelled SPEAK ENGLISH if you happened to chat with someone that was not in your voice chat in public lobby chat. Every place has its share of idiots, sad thing is they are the ones that stand out.

Coreven
Apr 1, 2014, 05:38 AM
This game is supposed to be a japan region only game.... The Japanese players should be angry.

There's justified anger and then there's stupid rancor. I gather we should be more accepting of different people, if not quite agreeing with them, then at least not actively spiting them. Culture is a bullshit reason for mostly anything. A culture of hate needs to change.

Walkure
Apr 1, 2014, 05:39 AM
Why are you guys still arguing over RMT and English patch when the Rappture is nigh?

http://i.imgur.com/ud5U3wH.jpg

Aine
Apr 1, 2014, 05:39 AM
Hi. I can read exactly what the TOS says. Any and all rules in there regarding AC refers specifically to AC. Webmoney is not AC. You can use it to purchase AC, but what I am doing is in no way, zilch, against any article of the TOS. Sega does not own Webmoney. Could Webmoney halt my purchases? Sure. That's be up to them, but they are making that money from me. It is OUT OF Sega's jurisdiction, and surely, the jurisdiction of random forumites who believe they grasp the inner details of SEGAs (quite explicit) TOS despite the fact it mentions nothing of what they're inferring.

I have it up right now. Waiting for your next brilliant observation.

Again, read the section of the TOS I helpfully quoted for you.

第10条(一般的禁止事項)

一四.本サービスの利用を通じてゲーム内で取得したアイテム等を、ゲーム外での有償取引の対象 とする行為。

Article 10 (General Prohibited Activities)

14. Using any items etc. obtained in-game as the object of exchange in a transaction external to the game.

Selling WM for money is fine. Selling WM for meseta is not, because it involves in-game assets.

UnLucky
Apr 1, 2014, 05:44 AM
1. Trading MST for WM could be considered RMT, but WM and especially AC are in a gray area since it's not legal tender. It could become worthless in a day if the ones managing it gave the word.

It's also kind of in reverse from typical RMT sites, and is not harmful to the game at all, unless the people who want the WM aren't going to be using it on PSO2.

2. The TOS clause prohibiting any and all outside trade is to discourage scams. They don't want players complaining to them about getting ripped off completely outside of Sega's control. Using the in-game trade system to give your friend an item on a verbal agreement that you'll get it back later is just as "wrong" as using a trusted outside service, but they couldn't possibly put that in the TOS.

3. Foreigners have been connecting to the game from outside of Japan since before the English patch during the alpha/beta. A sizable portion of the community would continue to do so without any patches at all, referring to outside resources as they do for many other games. Many would leave, but many would stay. Simply naming Ship 2 as the unofficial English ship is why the English speaking community is largely centered around there, and why the English speaking hackers do all their publicity stunts there as well. The patch is just one of the reasons.

Macman
Apr 1, 2014, 05:50 AM
With easier accessibility (patches, tweaker) comes less security (idiots, cheaters).

It's a fact of life, and it's no different here.
I'm just glad they stay concentrated in that b20 cesspit so I don't have to deal with them as much elsewhere.

relentless
Apr 1, 2014, 05:56 AM
With the above post in mind I'd find it interesting to see the people responsible for the English patch discontinue it for a while (few months or so) just to see what happens.

Rev+
Apr 1, 2014, 05:58 AM
With the above post in mind I'd find it interesting to see the people responsible for the English patch discontinue it for a while (few months or so) just to see what happens.

PSO2 would become a good game again.

Walkure
Rappening, Rappture, Rappnarok, the list could go on....

On a serious note, you're all arguing against blatantly obvious trolling, or similar levels of obtuseness for like the past dozen pages. Why do you still bother?

Kikikiki

This would be funny to see actually.

UnLucky
Apr 1, 2014, 06:02 AM
You're all arguing against blatantly obvious trolling, or similar levels of obtuseness for like the past dozen pages.
POS-W in a nutshell

landman
Apr 1, 2014, 06:04 AM
If they ever plan on doing it, they better synchronize it with the official release of the SEA server lol No tweaker to automatically patch your game and no readable menus and Ship 2 would be cleansed of the undesirable players lol (then I would be sorry for the SEA players)

Rev+
Apr 1, 2014, 06:05 AM
If they ever plan on doing it, they better synchronize it with the official release of the SEA server lol No tweaker to automatically patch your game and no readable menus and Ship 2 would be cleansed of the undesirable players lol (then I would be sorry for the SEA players lol)

This would be fucking amazing.

Kikikiki
Apr 1, 2014, 06:08 AM
(then I would be sorry for the SEA players)

I dunno about in-game players but most of the SEA's that I socialize with outside usually know about at least three languages or something (shit, how do they even do that), so I doubt SEA players give that many shit about this.

landman
Apr 1, 2014, 06:23 AM
I dunno about in-game players but most of the SEA's that I socialize with outside usually know about at least three languages or something (shit, how do they even do that), so I doubt SEA players give that many shit about this.
I was talking about the annoying/manners part, not the language part. And speaking three languages is not hard, two mother languages + 1 foreing language is common in many, many countries in the world.

Kikikiki
Apr 1, 2014, 06:26 AM
I was talking about the annoying/manners part, not the language part. And speaking three languages is not hard, two mother languages + 1 foreing language is common in many, many countries in the world.

Well sorry I only speak two.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 1, 2014, 06:46 AM
I dunno about in-game players but most of the SEA's that I socialize with outside usually know about at least three languages or something (shit, how do they even do that), so I doubt SEA players give that many shit about this.that's because they teach us english right from the start, and our own native language as well. we learn the 3rd on our own.

Code-red
Apr 1, 2014, 07:18 AM
I thought this topic was suppose to be about the whole hacking fiasco. not who is to blame for making the game accessible, or how the japanese players view foreign players. even though it might be linked to each there is no reason to throwing the blame around. If sega manages to patch up the export these idiots are using with the maintenance, then the issue is resolved. Also some of you should take a chill pill before posting. This is a miniscule issue don't blow it out of portions

TaigaUC
Apr 1, 2014, 08:40 AM
POS-W in a nutshell

Piece of Shit World, aka Earth.

I thought this topic was suppose to be about the whole hacking fiasco. not who is to blame for making the game accessible, or how the japanese players view foreign players. even though it might be linked to each there is no reason to throwing the blame around. If sega manages to patch up the export these idiots are using with the maintenance, then the issue is resolved. Also some of you should take a chill pill before posting. This is a miniscule issue don't blow it out of portions

Yes.

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 1, 2014, 09:14 AM
Not in the Japanese MMOs. I played PSOBB and PSU and the English population on those was fairly small and generally well behaved. The Japanese players were well behaved, but that goes without saying.

I played the English version of Dungeon Fighter Online for a few years, and it was absolutely filled with terrible people. I had to deal with shitty people constantly when I played that game. I was insulted by and accused of cheating by random players many times every day, not joking.

Of course an online English game will be filled with trash. That's the culture. Xbox Live is famous for this. However, if you are able to get to a high competitive level, it will work pretty well at filtering out the immature players.

blah blah blah blah separates himself because he hates the English speakers when every one that speaks a different language is the same blah blah blah blah racist