PDA

View Full Version : Levelling

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 30, 2014, 01:55 PM
Hi all,

So this weekend I was going through all the levels and unlocks for Koffie etc. Managed to get to level 31. But now i've got no more stages to unlock. So where should I go from here in terms of getting decent exp to level up?

Are there any decent repeatable quests or any suggestions people can offer other than Emergency Quests and grinding levels in Hard mode.

Tifa

GALEFORCE
Mar 30, 2014, 02:03 PM
Do your Hans/kressida/franka orders. They'll be a good source of exp throughout the game. Also keep in mind that enemies over 10 levels above you will give reduced exp, so try to avoid participating in quests with such a large level difference (not a concern at level 31 tho). The unfortunate truth is that emergency quests are by far the best exp in the game, and nothing even comes close. You also get more exp if you're in a party, and it increases per member of the pa try by 10% each. Try getting into parties for EQs and popping exp boosters for them. Don't use them elsewhere.

landman
Mar 30, 2014, 04:35 PM
Lvl 31? that doesn't look like much even if only doing koffie COs, I rushed someone and in two weeks was 45 when he finished koffie, do you have all quests between tundra and coast? Coast is unlocked the same time tundra is, but after tundra there are tunnels, skyland, ruins and sanctum.

Vampy
Mar 30, 2014, 05:35 PM
In those 45 levels were emergency quests included? Because that seems a bit high for just doing arks quests.

Anywho Franka's Hans', and kressidia's orders are great for exp. When there is no EQ around and around 45 on depending if there is a boost advance quests are great too bad 200% boosts are no more those were what got me through the chore of leveling hunter for my gunner.

landman
Mar 31, 2014, 02:06 AM
I only remember one emergency with some bursts, and not only koffie's CO but also Lisa, Echo and Zeno's COs, and later Kressida. But the most exp comes from Koffie, it's faster to rush koffie's COs than killing mobs.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 31, 2014, 02:08 AM
Yeah i've unlocked every single level and done all the quests and explorations etc. I only played each mission once though to progress to the next quest. Perhaps that could be why I didn't level so much. Done about 5 EQ's with this character.

So I tried one of Hans' quests last night. Was to defeat those 2 bosses at the end of the tundra exploration level 31+. So I rushed to the final block and killed the 2 bosses and it didn't count as mission complete? Not sure what i'm doing wrong or if they expect you to get an A or S rank?

Since unlocking all the quests and areas i've just been doing Hard levels of the ruins as I'm finding it manageable in terms of difficulty but exp wise it's not really that quick. Getting about the same exp from Normal mode seabed enemies so I guess i'll just have to focus on NPC quests.

By the way where is Kressidia, not sure if i've seen that NPC yet.

Tifa

GALEFORCE
Mar 31, 2014, 02:18 AM
Kressida and franka are in the shop area near the teleporter behind dudu/monica. As for Hans, all of his orders (except 1) are kill orders. If the kill didn't trigger the order then it must not have been the appropriate level. Maybe you're mixing up snow banther/banshee with fang banther/banshee, which are naberious EQ and naberius time attack 2 only.

landman
Mar 31, 2014, 02:32 AM
Ok that's it, you reached seabed playing in normal difficulty, switching to hard at lvl 20 eases the way to lvl 40, and there switch to VH, and you will notice most COs from tundra to skyland require hard lvl, from Ruins to Quarry VH, and most if not all Seabed COs require SH difficulty.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 31, 2014, 02:32 AM
Ahh that'd be it then. Need to do time attack on hard then....oh fun.

Ed

Sylphia
Apr 1, 2014, 06:36 PM
You shouldn't have to taco to lvl, just to make some money. If you're leveling solo, take some npc's along to boost the mob spawns. Also, as others have said, avoid mobs 10+ lvl's above you, and try to keep them within a few levels of you, but you should always be fighting stronger mobs. That is unless you want to plow through killing every mid lvl mob faster. You should also have the rare mob quests unlocked. Check the npc's each time you go out to grind and take the highest reward co's you can get. Check the daily desk too.

As far as what to do when you've done your co's and still have time to grind? I always liked ruins or floating continent for general grinding since each area's free explore missions have a good number of mobs for you to fight and learn how to survive.

One other note, most npc's will offer better reward co's 'after' you've completed the required newb co's from them. So try to complete every co the npc offers at least once, even if it's for a paltry 200exp....