PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Skill: Fury Gear Boost?

UMVC3_Wolverine
Apr 1, 2014, 06:41 PM
Straight out of bumped :O

Please let this be a HUNTER MAIN SKILL ONLY.

Meaning that it can only be used if you MAIN hunter. Im tired of people using MY favorite class as a sub.

That said, it kinda sounds like it will only work with Hu weapons such as sword, spear, and wirelance.

Im guessing you get a damage boost if you have full gear? or something along those lines =P

UnLucky
Apr 1, 2014, 06:44 PM
Datamined stats showed it only increased sword/WL/partisan gear rate, but it sure would be funny if it worked for TMG and katana gear

UMVC3_Wolverine
Apr 1, 2014, 06:47 PM
YES!

Haha, ya that would be funny... but meh at the same time... =/

To be honest I always felt that Fury Combo Boost should have been a "only if you MAIN hunter only skill" Infact sega should do that anyways.

Imagine Bravers/Gunners losing out on a 20% of raw power. That would be a decent nerf to them :3

Hunter is by far the worse melee class in the game. It's sad that it's slow and weak.

It should be slow but very powerful. Yet BR is fast as fuck and powerful as fuck =/

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2014, 07:21 PM
Why not just boost hunter PAs by 20%?

milranduil
Apr 1, 2014, 07:32 PM
YES!

Haha, ya that would be funny... but meh at the same time... =/

To be honest I always felt that Fury Combo Boost should have been a "only if you MAIN hunter only skill" Infact sega should do that anyways.

Imagine Bravers/Gunners losing out on a 20% of raw power. That would be a decent nerf to them :3

Hunter is by far the worse melee class in the game. It's sad that it's slow and weak.

It should be slow but very powerful. Yet BR is fast as fuck and powerful as fuck =/

That's fine most of us play HuBr. Bring on the powah!

Kondibon
Apr 1, 2014, 07:33 PM
Why not just boost hunter PAs by 20%?I could say the same thing about a lot of stuff.

Gardios
Apr 1, 2014, 08:03 PM
Please let this be a HUNTER MAIN SKILL ONLY.

Fighter, Force and Ranger skill from the preview were all main-class only, so it's safe to assume that this is the case for all new skills.

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2014, 08:04 PM
Well, I don't know about you guys. But if a skill only works for the main class, I'd think it's half as useful as other skills.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 1, 2014, 08:13 PM
t mechgear + fury stance gear = showtime even more useless XD

GoldenFalcon
Apr 1, 2014, 11:05 PM
Datamined stats

Where can I take a look at this

gigawuts
Apr 1, 2014, 11:10 PM
Well, I don't know about you guys. But if a skill only works for the main class, I'd think it's half as useful as other skills.

Not so. If they're trying to define differences between main and subs, they'd want powerful or defining skills to be main-exclusive.

Similar to how so many weapons are/were main-exclusive.

Of course, Fury Gear would need to be more than the 10% we saw in the game files, but that was likely just a placeholder since it also cost 10 SP in those files.

Just to note down some things here...

FI/HU: +15% critrate, +15% crit damage
HU/FI: +x% gear fill rate (HU weapons only?)
BR/HU: Probably some bonus to guarding
HU/BR: +x% gear fill rate (HU weapons only?)
GU/HU: I have no idea.
HU/GU: +x% gear fill rate (HU weapons only?)
RA/HU: I have no idea.
HU/RA: +x% gear fill rate (HU weapons only?)

Yep, HU still looks best as a sub for everything but maybe FI, and of course BR for pre-existing reasons.

FacelessRed
Apr 1, 2014, 11:12 PM
It's just Sega's attempt at fixing the horrible gear build of sword (maybe parti?).

Sword pretty much completely relies on max gear to be worth using. But in order to get max gear you have to solo a good spawn of at least 4-5 mobs. And it's very likely you will kill any decent sized mob with barely hitting 2 gear (And you wont be killins them too quickly in comparison to others WITHOUT MAX GEAR), and then the long (enough) quiet between mobs see's you right back down to no gear.

But instead of directly tweaking hunters they add a skill, which means that for those who don't main hunter will suddenly have 5 extra points to throw into whatever they want and become even more ridiculous. And hunter mains will just get something they should have fixed a long time ago.

gigawuts
Apr 1, 2014, 11:17 PM
Right. Instead of addressing the problem at its source, which would actually be really easy, they're giving us a bandaid we that costs even more SP. Again. Again. Again.

I'm not sure if this is to act as an SP sink, or because they really just don't fucking know anything about the class.

I'm still convinced they're making the fury tree cost almost all of HU's SP to make us want a second tree - one for fury subbing on 4/6 of the other classes, then another for actually playing HU.

Chdata
Apr 1, 2014, 11:19 PM
Didn't someone say Sakai plays gunslash Hu?

Dunno if that's true or not, but If so I'm willing to bet they don't know anything about the game's balance at all.

I mean, even I playtest changes I make to my Team Fortress 2 server and try to determine whether or not I think things are OP or not.

gigawuts
Apr 1, 2014, 11:20 PM
IIRC, when asked what he plays he responded saying that he plays hunter with gunslash because he likes star wars.

I'm still not sure if that was anything but an attempt to seem more relatable.

Chdata
Apr 1, 2014, 11:31 PM
lol star wars

you'd think he'd play Fi

GALEFORCE
Apr 1, 2014, 11:32 PM
It's not like gunslash hu/ra is that bad. Thriller would still be wrecking SH mobs, access to WB, etc. Melee though.. yeah.

And I do hate the fact that bumping up the hunter weapons is going to cost us even more SP. We shouldn't need to invest 5 extra points in addition to gears to make them usable. I can only hope the bonuses are large, like 100% at 5. Then they might be somewhat optional.

UnLucky
Apr 1, 2014, 11:33 PM
Not so. If they're trying to define differences between main and subs, they'd want powerful or defining skills to be main-exclusive.
They want to shill even more skill trees by forcing main classes to spend 5 more SP than the sub class since it does absolutely nothing for you the other way around.

All it really does is discourage playing multiple classes, just like mags being cash only.

Sanguine2009
Apr 1, 2014, 11:44 PM
i severely doubt any of these skills are going to be game changing enough to warrant additional skill trees

UnLucky
Apr 1, 2014, 11:45 PM
If it's useful enough that the main class would want it, that's SP completely wasted when used as a subclass.

Like Rare Mastery, only more than 1SP

Sanguine2009
Apr 1, 2014, 11:50 PM
but do you buy additional skill trees JUST for rare mastery? i mean its one thing to have multiple skill trees if a class has other skills you would only as a main(like some gears or wand lovers/reactor) or needs multiple setups to be effective but this....

UnLucky
Apr 2, 2014, 12:04 AM
That's what I'm saying

Is it worth a respec for losing 1SP? 5SP? 10SP? You're effectively running around with a lower level subclass with all these worthless skills. It wasn't a big deal before since maxing RM was one of the worst things you could possibly do with a skill tree. But ramp up the cost and it becomes a lot more important.

Weapon Gears you can still use with multiclass weapons, which are fairly common now. Damage type specific bonuses were already the major selling point for certain subclasses (see: Hunter vs Ranger vs Force). In those cases it's more like 50-60 SP that doesn't apply to anything you do, but it's not like you could do anything about it except not sub those classes at all.

Chdata
Apr 2, 2014, 12:05 AM
Before 11* trading and SH came out, getting a second gunner tree was valid due to having obtained Guld Mila. (Reinvest in r-atk to equip it like 20 levels early).

Another tree for just -one- skill change? doubt it.

Zyrusticae
Apr 2, 2014, 12:14 AM
Like Rare Mastery, only more than 1SP
Gawd, that shit really bothers me. Like why even have the other 9 levels when 60% of the damn skill bonus comes from the first SP? So stupid. Incredibly stupid. So stupid it hurts.

I want to see whoever's responsible for the skill trees fired and replaced with someone competent, goddammit.

Rien
Apr 2, 2014, 11:50 PM
Fighter, Force and Ranger skill from the preview were all main-class only, so it's safe to assume that this is the case for all new skills.

This does not apply to the braver skills because they are found on the normal tree (not separate like the new ones)

Crevox
Apr 3, 2014, 03:37 AM
What's the new elemental conversion skill for Force? And the techer skill?

All I can make out is "technic -- damage bonus -- main class as force only"

http://ft.trillian.im/efc29cb18654c553002caba3769cae8868bca570/6oypGzJn3hNqO8OGFjloLdLsQmjsM.jpg

Rien
Apr 3, 2014, 04:58 AM
"When you use a technic with the same element as your weapon, you will receive a damage bonus based on it's element grind level. Force class main only."

Z-0
Apr 3, 2014, 04:59 AM
In short, elements on weapons will count for techniques too.

Zipzo
Apr 3, 2014, 05:08 AM
In short, elements on weapons will count for techniques too.

More like for simplicity's sake...it's not nearly as straight forward as gettin the extra damage from a melee weapon is.

Rainbow pallets will basically be a necessity for main forces after this patch.

UnLucky
Apr 3, 2014, 05:18 AM
Fo/Fi pure fire foreverrrrr

gigawuts
Apr 3, 2014, 08:09 AM
Fo/Fi pure fire foreverrrrr

This, becuz lazy

GoldenFalcon
Apr 4, 2014, 05:25 AM
That new rod with the fire latent being 50 fire sounds like a real thing to strive for now