PDA

View Full Version : which ship to join for a new english player?

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 12:34 AM
ship 2 or ship 10? is ship 2 even open for newcomers anymore or is it full?

Sizustar
Apr 3, 2014, 12:49 AM
Ship 2, B20

blace
Apr 3, 2014, 12:50 AM
Since the last thread mentioned Vita version, it'll have to be block 221. Block 20 is a PC only block.

Vampy
Apr 3, 2014, 07:47 AM
I feel B:20 is a horrible place for beginners I got lucky and found my original team master there but it's a mix of everything N H VH and SH.

Try searching the Visiphone for any possible team taking begginers. You can try going with the general english speaking population, but some can be uninformed.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 3, 2014, 10:08 AM
Avoid B-20 if at all possible. Large crowds and hackers.

Blegh.

Friyn
Apr 3, 2014, 10:11 AM
If you're one of those annoying weeaboos who's oblivious to others around him and doesn't know anything about jp etiquette you're better off playing on ship 10. Otherwise ship 2 it is.

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 10:11 AM
Ship02 just sounds like Hell in space. I like my calm and quiet ship01 ~.~

reptile7383
Apr 3, 2014, 10:20 AM
Ship02 just sounds like Hell in space. I like my calm and quiet ship01 ~.~

Its pretty much only block 20. Most of the other blocks are pretty quiet so ship02 is the best of both worlds :-P

sns07
Apr 3, 2014, 10:49 AM
ship 10 stay away from ship 2 nothing but immature players there.

Rev+
ship 10 stay away from ship 2 nothing but immature players there.

Too many gaijins son 8-)

sns07
Ship 2, B20

dummy up

redroses
Apr 3, 2014, 11:01 AM
Ship 2 has the biggest english speaking community of all ships, which will make it easier to find people.
While it does have some bad apples that behave badly on B-20, all the other blocks or free of such things. Also, while B-20 is a mess, it can help to find players or english only parties faster.
During certain hours you will find many english speaking players in all the blocks available.

While some people say that only immature players play on ship 2, because it is apparently cool to do so, rest assured that that is actually not the case.

Vampy
Apr 3, 2014, 11:26 AM
Really I never really found that many immature players on ship 2 it's usually some random from B:20 still B:20 isn't all THAT bad just some annoying people I avoid it because nothing good will come from it for me. I notice most people that are capped just use it to sit around and relax not for me. If I am going to afk or anything non productive I just go to my room or log off.

The one thing I will say about ship 2 is that the quality of players is starting to go down and the bad seeds are slowly spreading. At least from my personal experience not sure how it is now but I feel some players run through all the levels to reach SH and don't bother to learn the basics and get proper equipment.

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 11:27 AM
Really I never really found that many immature players on ship 2 it's usually some random from B:20 still B:20 isn't all THAT bad just some annoying people I avoid it because nothing good will come from it for me. I notice most people that are capped just use it to sit around and relax not for me. If I am going to afk or anything non productive I just go to my room or log off.

The one thing I will say about ship 2 is that the quality of players is starting to go down and the bad seeds are slowly spreading. At least from my personal experience not sure how it is now but I feel some players run through all the levels to reach SH and don't bother to learn the basics and get proper equipment.

Ship01 quality is dropping, but more so in terms of player skill and power. *Seriously I see 9k over ends and 5k shunka's what the heck?*

Vampy
Apr 3, 2014, 11:34 AM
At 65/65? That's saddening even I hit harder when fooling around with gunner

Sizustar
Apr 3, 2014, 11:38 AM
Ship01 quality is dropping, but more so in terms of player skill and power. *Seriously I see 9k over ends and 5k shunka's what the heck?*

I think it's just the influx of new player from the AOT tie-in.

jooozek
Apr 3, 2014, 11:42 AM
no matter what people will tell you op, ship2 has the most english speakers
if you go to some other ship expect to want to change ships very soon

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 11:42 AM
I think it's just the influx of new player from the AOT tie-in.

It's been like this since before the AOT was even announced. It has me baffled. I noticed it since atrocious Ocean. Falz arm time has also doubled and in some cases quadrupled. Even in some cases where I'm /ranger my WB has seen 2-5 minute + kill times on a non-boosted falz arms. (normally its WB then dead in 20 secs or less).

no matter what people will tell you op, ship2 has the most english speakers
if you go to some other ship expect to want to change ships very soon

Not if OP is a self driven player. There are hundreds of English players on Ship01, but we are on Ship01 because we Avoided "the English community" specifically. So a lot of us are loners in general, but we are there. And some even have the balls to Autoword spam the crap out of Local chat (Please stop).

Sizustar
Apr 3, 2014, 11:47 AM
It's been like this since before the AOT was even announced. It has me baffled. I noticed it since atrocious Ocean. Falz arm time has also doubled and in some cases quadrupled. Even in some cases where I'm /ranger my WB has seen 2-5 minute + kill times on a non-boosted falz arms. (normally its WB then dead in 20 secs or less).

Not if OP is a self driven player. There are hundreds of English players on Ship01, but we are on Ship01 because we Avoided "the English community" specifically. So a lot of us are loners in general, but we are there. And some even have the balls to Autoword spam the crap out of Local chat (Please stop).

Join in Friend team only?

Joined a random Mine Intrusion...that was..terrible.

Fo and Te that use Megid only, No one was repairing any of the tower, ranger shooting Weak bullet at differnent spot..www

Vampy
Apr 3, 2014, 11:51 AM
For me it started late november early december but it was not nearly as bad. I've seen some falz runs go up to 3-4 minutes I was saddened I know I started late and kind of rushed, but I had a lot of help from experienced players learned how to grind and affix early on though tree and mag kind of developed later(my idiot team master never explained to me they affected stats 1:1 >.> and tree I just had to learn effective combos).

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 3, 2014, 11:53 AM
There is actually quite a few English speakers on ship 7, it's just that most of us never talk or converse with anyone out of our teams. It's a very polite and quiet ship. So if you don't like the idiot ruckus on ship 2 block 20 , then come to ship 7

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 11:59 AM
There is actually quite a few English speakers on ship 7, it's just that most of us never talk or converse with anyone out of our teams. It's a very polite and quiet ship. So if you don't like the idiot ruckus on ship 2 block 20 , then come to ship 7

As a total newbie will I be welcomed into ship 7? And possibly accepted into a team??

Vampy
Apr 3, 2014, 12:00 PM
There is so much hate towards ship 2 I don't even understand why D: sure it may have it's issues but usually they are isolated.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 3, 2014, 12:02 PM
As a total newbie will I be welcomed into ship 7? And possibly accepted into a team??

Yes! As long as you ask, we'll welcome. In fact, would you like joining my team on ship 7?

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 12:03 PM
Yes! As long as you ask, we'll welcome. In fact, would you like joining my team on ship 7?

Would love too although I don't even have the game yet, I imported the physical version however it hasn't arrived yet...should by next week sometime

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 3, 2014, 12:07 PM
Would love too although I don't even have the game yet, I imported the physical version however it hasn't arrived yet...should by next week sometime

Well, we'll be waiting for your arrival. Just PM me when you get onto ship 7. My character name is "burntpetal". We currently have around 6 members so it's not a big team. But we are willing to help anyone new to the game.

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 12:10 PM
There is so much hate towards ship 2 I don't even understand why D: sure it may have it's issues but usually they are isolated.

I could tell you why.

Most people here on the forums are from ship02, because it is as you say, the largest English community. The behaviour, inflammatory comments, and sheer elitism spewing forth from prominent members of the PSOW community is indicative of the people who are playing on ship02 (because they actually ARE on ship02). So it's only natural that the poor behaviour of people on PSOW is also reflective of the poor behaviour of those on Ship02.

Now of course this doesn't necessarily mean ship02 is ACTUALLY terrible, but it sure doesn't help people think better of ship02 players.

jooozek
Apr 3, 2014, 12:17 PM
FacelessRed, you don't even play on ship2 so how exactly would you actually know how the players on the ship itself are? :lol:

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 12:19 PM
FacelessRed, you don't even play on ship2 so how exactly would you actually know how the players on the ship itself are? :lol:

Did you not read a single thing I said?

jooozek
Apr 3, 2014, 12:21 PM
i did read and couldn't see more than vile bile elitist trashtalking of ship2 players

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 12:24 PM
i did read and couldn't see more than vile bile elitist trashtalking of ship2 players

http://i.imgur.com/apzGw.gif ...Okay....

Sizustar
Apr 3, 2014, 12:25 PM
Well, we'll be waiting for your arrival. Just PM me when you get onto ship 7. My character name is "burntpetal". We currently have around 6 members so it's not a big team. But we are willing to help anyone new to the game.

You should also share your time zone, it won't be good if you all play at differnet time zone, if one live in the US, and another live in Europe.

Vampy
Apr 3, 2014, 12:30 PM
Same could be said the other way around. Not everyone is how this site portays them there are actually a lot of english speaking players just out to have fun. You said it yourself it doesn't indicate if ship 2 is terrible or not but the majority acts as if it were without any prior experience. Sure there are some elitists here and there but that is in every language we just do not understand them. Sure I complain from time to time but because I know what it can be and what it was.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 3, 2014, 12:46 PM
You should also share your time zone, it won't be good if you all play at differnet time zone, if one live in the US, and another live in Europe.

Yeap, thanks for the advice. Forgive my ignorance as well XD, i almost forgot that there are also many people from Europe who play pso2. Yea so most of us in the team are EST excluding one member from Hong Kong.

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 12:53 PM
Same could be said the other way around. Not everyone is how this site portays them there are actually a lot of english speaking players just out to have fun. You said it yourself it doesn't indicate if ship 2 is terrible or not but the majority acts as if it were without any prior experience. Sure there are some elitists here and there but that is in every language we just do not understand them. Sure I complain from time to time but because I know what it can be and what it was.

Indeed, I said all that to show that while there are bad seeds its not anything to truly go on, but the bad seeds still in many cases reflect poorly on the ships standing. But apparently to some, this analysis translated to "I'm an elitist jerk off who has never played on ship02 so I wouldn't know." *Shrug*

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 01:06 PM

Awesome! Will do! Thank you very much and I can't wait to get started!

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 01:08 PM

It's not an issue that I'm a vita player right?

Enforcer MKV
Apr 3, 2014, 01:29 PM
Indeed, I said all that to show that while there are bad seeds its not anything to truly go on, but the bad seeds still in many cases reflect poorly on the ships standing. But apparently to some, this analysis translated to "I'm an elitist jerk off who has never played on ship02 so I wouldn't know." *Shrug*

I think what Jooozek is trying to say is you don't actually 'know' how the people on ship 2 act, since you, I assume, have never had a character on ship 2. The various reports, accounts of bad behavior, etc, etc. could all be exaggerated for all you know because you haven't seen it first hand. Everything people do on here could just be show-boating and whatnot. And for the record; no, I don't think what you said was elitist, and I understand that what you were saying is what you manage to draw off of what you see here on the forums. It's completely reasonable to assume ship 2 is full of immature, asinine man-children because, as previous stated, the majority of the vocal community on this forum is on ship 2, and generally acts as such.

...Now, all this being said, I do play on ship 2, and I find that as long as you avoid the populated blocks, there's really no problem with it. Generally rather pleasant on some of the quieter blocks. Simply because there aren't any crowds.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 3, 2014, 01:43 PM
It's not an issue that I'm a vita player right?

It's not Avery big problem, we'll just play on PC/vita shared blocks. Just take into account that there are some blocks only accessible to vita players and vice versa for PC. But it will not really pose as a big problem. If you have the chance you should also try out the PC version!

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 01:47 PM
It's not Avery big problem, we'll just play on PC/vita shared blocks. Just take into account that there are some blocks only accessible to vita players and vice versa for PC. But it will not really pose as a big problem. If you have the chance you should also try out the PC version!

Unfortunately I only have a MacBook Air so no PC version for me :(

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 3, 2014, 01:55 PM
Unfortunately I only have a MacBook Air so no PC version for me :(

Ahhhh I see, but ive done some research on this forum as of lately ( looking back into old threads) and heard that some people are somehow able to play on their macs.

(Anyone able to provide me with extra details on this?)

blace
Apr 3, 2014, 02:08 PM
Windows boot camp is what it is.

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 02:09 PM
I think what Jooozek is trying to say is you don't actually 'know' how the people on ship 2 act, since you, I assume, have never had a character on ship 2. The various reports, accounts of bad behavior, etc, etc. could all be exaggerated for all you know because you haven't seen it first hand. Everything people do on here could just be show-boating and whatnot. And for the record; no, I don't think what you said was elitist, and I understand that what you were saying is what you manage to draw off of what you see here on the forums. It's completely reasonable to assume ship 2 is full of immature, asinine man-children because, as previous stated, the majority of the vocal community on this forum is on ship 2, and generally acts as such.

...Now, all this being said, I do play on ship 2, and I find that as long as you avoid the populated blocks, there's really no problem with it. Generally rather pleasant on some of the quieter blocks. Simply because there aren't any crowds.

Again, no one reading what I said. I literally said "Now of course this doesn't necessarily mean ship02 is ACTUALLY terrible, but it sure doesn't help people think better of ship02 players." Also, nobody knows if I have characters on Ship02 or not. Please read what I have to say before responding.

Vetur
Apr 3, 2014, 02:17 PM
I think English players are seen as rude to Japanese players because of the difference in manners between the two cultures... I mean in English games it's fairly normal to not be so polite and talk a lot in public chat over each other... but in Japan most people seem to keep to their friend group in party chat or something, and maybe only one group at a time would chat in local.

Also, similarly to how English players may see Portuguese in their games' local chat and be annoyed, Japanese may become annoyed in the same way, because there is text they can't understand. It's just natural to be annoyed at being unable to understand something being said. >_<

I remember in my old group, we were always advised to not talk English in public, and just speak in the group/party chats. It's a good etiquette, even though it lowers the chance of making new friends outside of the group.

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 02:18 PM
Ahhhh I see, but ive done some research on this forum as of lately ( looking back into old threads) and heard that some people are somehow able to play on their macs.

yeah by using windows boot camp but that requires you to purchase windows operating system...which wouldn't be a problem but my macbook air does not have the specs to run a game like PSO2, nowhere even close...so thats why i got the vita version

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 02:19 PM

if you guys prefer to keep your team pc only i don't mind...

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 3, 2014, 02:26 PM
if you guys prefer to keep your team pc only i don't mind...

lol nah we're fine, this is a pve game, there really isnt real competition, just play and enjoy the game

Zorua
Apr 3, 2014, 02:28 PM
I know I'm a bit late, but this crap has really been bugging me. It's gotten so bad that I've had MPAs fail the easy mining defense.

This is also pretty annoying. I'm fine if you use auto words for immersion, but FFS, keep it to yourself! Nobody cares if you got a rare drop and nobody wants to see your character's face plastered across the screen every time you dodge an attack!

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 02:30 PM
lol nah we're fine, this is a pve game, there really isnt real competition, just play and enjoy the game

okay cool ^_^

Friyn
Apr 3, 2014, 02:39 PM
Let me make it simple. Do you speak and understand japanese?
If you do, any ship is fine.
If you don't, go ship 2. Or alternatively you can be a tryhard elitist and choose some other ship and gimp your gaming experience on purpose.

Sandmind
Apr 3, 2014, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty sure a lot of people now run TD as premade, seeing how pug was in general. And Falz Elder is usually seen as a leveling EQ, so once most people capped all their class, ofc SH hands would slow down (I find Elder still explode fast/er often on later block after the initial 1st kill on 1st character).

Enforcer MKV
Apr 3, 2014, 02:43 PM
Again, no one reading what I said. I literally said "Now of course this doesn't necessarily mean ship02 is ACTUALLY terrible, but it sure doesn't help people think better of ship02 players." Also, nobody knows if I have characters on Ship02 or not. Please read what I have to say before responding.

*Cocks and eyebrow* I did. I was in no way accusing you of not saying that. I'm very well aware of what you said. And I agreed with it.

I feel like there's a disconnect here. Eh, either way, not trying to start trouble.

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 02:50 PM
ugh the wait for my game to come is killing me! i can't wait!

Rev+
Apr 3, 2014, 02:53 PM
Do not play on ship 2. Too much hacking/RMT....

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 02:57 PM
Do not play on ship 2. Too much hacking/RMT....

Im gonna play on ship 7 I've decided

Sizustar
Apr 3, 2014, 03:28 PM
Im gonna play on ship 7 I've decided

You do know that you can make 2 character, right?

You can try both ship, and see which community you like more.

tuxdude143
Apr 3, 2014, 03:43 PM
After personal experiance I can say that ship 2 is, ok. Their are some idiots on there who don't give a shit but their are some legitimatly nice people who helped me out getting the hang of everything. In the end ship 2 block 20 isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It could be better though

tuxdude143
Apr 3, 2014, 03:59 PM
Er, whats RMT?

Enforcer MKV
Apr 3, 2014, 04:05 PM
Er, whats RMT?

Real-money trading. exchanging real money for in game currency.

tuxdude143
Apr 3, 2014, 04:09 PM
Real-money trading. exchanging real money for in game currency.

Ah, thanks for that. I shouldn't need to worry myself because I never use micro transactions.

Inazuma
Apr 3, 2014, 04:15 PM
And yeah, B20 can have it's share of idiots, but what community doesn't?

Japanese players.

BIG OLAF
Apr 3, 2014, 04:16 PM
Japanese players.

Wrong, actually. Especially if you consider yourself in that group (you do).

tuxdude143
Apr 3, 2014, 04:18 PM
Japanese players.

And how would you know? You can't just assume that japanese players aren't assholes at times as well!

Coreven
Apr 3, 2014, 04:19 PM
praise japan (owo)b our infallible overlords ^^' *sips tea and nods*

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 04:28 PM
You do know that you can make 2 character, right?

You can try both ship, and see which community you like more.

id rather not go through the hassle, plus, I've already got a very nice team invite from ship 7

Inazuma
Apr 3, 2014, 04:36 PM
And how would you know? You can't just assume that japanese players aren't assholes at times as well!

4000 hours of PSOBB JP
8000 hours of PSU JP
4000 hours of PSO2

I've played with the Japanese so much, that I learned the language. In all of that time, I have come across an incredibly small number of asshole Japanese players. It's extremely fucking rare. They almost don't exist.

It would only take 15 minutes of hanging out in Ship 2 B20 for English players to top that. The difference between the two groups is like fucking night and day. Anyone who has a lot of experience playing with both groups would feel the same way.

Sizustar
Apr 3, 2014, 04:36 PM
id rather not go through the hassle, plus, I've already got a very nice team invite from ship 7

A six person team isn't really big(Max number of people per team is 100)
And Ship 7, doesn't have a big English community, it does have a big Chinese community though, as the players from China and Taiwan tend to go to Ship 7 and Ship 5.

Ship 2 has the largest english community, and if you can't communicate well with the Japanese, there isn't a reason why you shouldn't check it out, as if you try to party with random group and can't communicte, best case, they black list you, worse case, they report you, and playing from outside of Japan ip is against the TOS..

4000 hours of PSOBB JP
8000 hours of PSU JP
4000 hours of PSO2

I've played with the Japanese so much, that I learned the language. In all of that time, I have come across an incredibly small number of asshole Japanese players. It's extremely fucking rare. They almost don't exist.

It would only take 15 minutes of hanging out in Ship 2 B20 for English players to top that. The difference between the two groups is like fucking night and day. Anyone who has a lot of experience playing with both groups would feel the same way.

I don't think the English player in B20 are that bad, if you've seen and interacted with the "racist" china player on Ship 5/7...they make B20 and 4chan /b/ look nice in comparasion.

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 04:43 PM
A six person team isn't really big(Max number of people per team is 100)
And Ship 7, doesn't have a big English community, it does have a big Chinese community though, as the players from China and Taiwan tend to go to Ship 7 and Ship 5.

Ship 2 has the largest english community, and if you can't communicate well with the Japanese, there isn't a reason why you shouldn't check it out, as if you try to party with random group and can't communicte, best case, they black list you, worse case, they report you, and playing from outside of Japan ip is against the TOS..

I don't think the English player in B20 are that bad, if you've seen and interacted with the "racist" china player on Ship 5/7...they make B20 and 4chan /b/ look nice in comparasion.
hmmmm.....ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! i can't decide!

Sizustar
Apr 3, 2014, 04:47 PM
hmmmm.....ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! i can't decide!

You can make 2 character per account.
Just make one on each ship, and visit it and see which one suits you more.

And each party is 4 person max, for Multi-party area/quest, it's 12 person total.

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 04:48 PM
You can make 2 character per account.
Just make one on each ship, and visit it and see which one suits you more.

but doesn't that cost money??

Coreven
Apr 3, 2014, 04:49 PM
I'd say go ship 2. It's nice having other Mr Foreign Barbarians That Aren't Superior Japanese Master Race around.

You can have two free characters at once. The third onwards costs spacebux.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 3, 2014, 04:50 PM
but doesn't that cost money??

Sega has increased the number of chars free players can make to 2, instead of one.

d'oh, Ninja'd

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 04:56 PM
Sega has increased the number of chars free players can make to 2, instead of one.

d'oh, Ninja'd

oh well perfect then

Friyn
Apr 3, 2014, 05:49 PM
16000 hours of being @ss kissing weeab. PRAISE THE GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL! FOLDED OVER 1000 TIMES

Okaaaaay.......

Zenobia
Apr 3, 2014, 05:57 PM
Okaaaaay.......

You doing that make you no better than him simply ignore it it's not that hard.

@OP put it like this choose what ship YOU want as Sizu said take a stroll and see what kinda things you may or may not like same goes for ship2. Again like people have said before ship2 has a it's share of rowdy bunches but at the same time if you play the game and don't afk lobby 24/7 you wouldn't be seeing or hearing most of the stuff some of these people in this thread are talking about.

Main fact the main complainers in this thread and the stuff they say about is only because of one reason....they afk just like them if they actually played the game they wouldn't be fussing better yet some of the same people I keep seeing complain about it don't have the brains to use what they call a "Block List" yeah and I've said it plenty of times and it goes to shows how much commons sense some of these posters in here have they are no better than B-20 themselves.

Regardless OP it's your call you know one here is forcing you do choose you have plenty other ships besides 7 and 2 to choose from I assure you.

Friyn
Apr 3, 2014, 05:59 PM
Are you insulting my noble gaijin origins? Please, in 10 years all jps will be polishing my glorious gaijin shoes for some slav shekels.

blace
Apr 3, 2014, 06:00 PM
Although you are only limited to the Vita only and shared blocks, it'll be difficult for you to gauge the community as the shared blocks tend to be mostly devoid of players from the PC version. You may run into a few other english speaking Vita players. From my experience those are far and few.

Zenobia
Apr 3, 2014, 06:07 PM
Are you insulting my noble gaijin origins? Please, in 10 years all jps will be polishing my glorious gaijin shoes for some slav shekels.

You 10 years to late for that time for you to do the time warp!

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 06:12 PM
Although you are only limited to the Vita only and shared blocks, it'll be difficult for you to gauge the community as the shared blocks tend to be mostly devoid of players from the PC version. You may run into a few other english speaking Vita players. From my experience those are far and few.

So what would you recommend for an English speaking vita only player?

blace
Apr 3, 2014, 06:18 PM
I have met a decent sized community in blocks 220 to 230. Usually people that are already in a team and not as rowdy as the PC only blocks at times. Haven't been to ship 10 to see what the Vita community is like to give an opinion on it yet, but for now the current community is somewhat helpful.

Nendo
Apr 3, 2014, 06:35 PM
I have met a decent sized community in blocks 220 to 230. Usually people that are already in a team and not as rowdy as the PC only blocks at times. Haven't been to ship 10 to see what the Vita community is like to give an opinion on it yet, but for now the current community is somewhat helpful.

So ship 10 is the go to community for vita players??

Z-0
Apr 3, 2014, 06:37 PM
Let's be honest though, Japanese players are 100x more mature and polite than English players on average.

tuxdude143
Apr 3, 2014, 06:40 PM
Eh, its just differences. I dunno why people complain though because the people on ship 2 block 20 act just like most other people in online games on the internet anyway. You should be used to it.

blace
Apr 3, 2014, 06:49 PM
So ship 10 is the go to community for vita players??

I really can't say, I just know that ship 2 has a decent number of english speaking Vita players. I haven't been to ship 10 to size up their Vita playerbase.

Vampy
Apr 3, 2014, 06:50 PM
My issue with B:20 is not so much the people well that but mainly that the people that go there rely on others far too much.

I have friends that frequent there because something is "too hard" or some excuse like that. I feel B:20 is a crutch to most players. Aside from the few bad seeds people are generally very calm I just happen to always arrive and some random thing is being spammed. one time I was logged on directly there and someone was advertising a porn site -.-

i think the main issue is we english speakers are the minority and there are greater chances on encountering less than desireable people.

tuxdude143
Apr 3, 2014, 06:55 PM
My issue with B:20 is not so much the people well that but mainly that the people that go there rely on others far too much.

I have friends that frequent there because something is "too hard" or some excuse like that. I feel B:20 is a crutch to most players. Aside from the few bad seeds people are generally very calm I just happen to always arrive and some random thing is being spammed. one time I was logged on directly there and someone was advertising a porn site -.-

i think the main issue is we english speakers are the minority and there are greater chances on encountering less than desireable people.

You have a point there. Still its better than no English speaking community at all!

Vampy
Apr 3, 2014, 07:04 PM
Also it is your choice where you want to go remember you are going to spend hundreds of hours playing try out as many ships as possible if you can, and see which one fits you the most. I started on ship 6 and ended up on 2 because I knew the risks of going to a community with a lot of english speakers but the rewards outweighed the risks. At least for me.

pkemr4
Apr 3, 2014, 07:05 PM
its all fun and games until your in a mpa with 10 other eng named players during TD2 and losing all but 1 tower two times in a row. was playing Ra/Hu because i want to try new things

Kill_Jack
Apr 3, 2014, 07:42 PM
Im new to the forums and sort of new to the game. I started in december and took a few months break to deal with life stuff. I am on ship 2 and was warned about block 20 and basically just avoid it. I havent had any issues with JP or English players in other blocks. If they are JP i wont annoy them by chatting with my english keyboard and will follow and watch what they are doing to figure out what to do. The least impact possible.

Now Im also a streamer and I have 2 groups in Raidcall that I go in to play the game with mostly. So we talk in raidcall and not often in game. I am a paying player (is that bad?). This is the first game I have played of the Phantasy Star franchise and find it a lot of fun. Ship 2 really isnt bad when you avoid block 20. If you hang out in twitch you can often find many streamers that will run around and talk with you as well as some foreign ones as well. Everyone is nice when you get to know them.

Dark Matter
Apr 3, 2014, 09:10 PM
Maybe i'm being too critical but, all ships have pros and cons. Deciding where to go should be your choice and asking others questions like this only leads to ship wars. Its almost like threads like these are made for specifically for the purpose of bait. For the reason the ones who fail to recruit the person usually end up wasting their time and the ones that usually succeed usually lose the player cause they will eventually find a fault with the game then quit within a month.

My only advice is once you've played for longer than 3-months to a year should purchase Ac then buy multiple characters so you can see multiple ships and how they play so you can become more entwined with the community but there's a good chance you'll just choose ship 2 straight off the bat so i'll just leave you with this...

This was from a kuna concert in b20.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/WrSF5Y5.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Edit: I made sure to underline what I said earlier about being me too critical.

Vampy
Apr 3, 2014, 09:21 PM
Also let's drop the B:20 business he is never going to encounter B:20 he's going to be vita only. I can't safely say where you would find the most vita english speaking players in general I avoid vita blocks because of decreased spawns. I have friends in vita but also seems you have a team willing to play in vita it's really up to you.

All I have to say is good luck wherever you end up and have the most fun you possibly can get out of this game

DS23
Apr 3, 2014, 10:12 PM
>ship wars on psow

Rev+
Apr 3, 2014, 11:16 PM
4000 hours of PSOBB JP
8000 hours of PSU JP
4000 hours of PSO2

+1
8-)

ACoil
Apr 3, 2014, 11:17 PM
Any new English players are probably better off in Ship 02 since there's a good number of English speaking players there. Its a gamble on them entering block 20 since it has a variety of level ranges. But it may be in their interest to join an English speaking team to get some guidelines on how to start but that's not entirely guaranteed right off the bat depending on the members or the person themself.

hannie
Apr 4, 2014, 03:42 AM
I'm from Ship 10 and I'm actually surprised to find out about B20. If anything, I'm kind of used to having some Japanese players spam symbol art, but yeah, it doesn't compared to the screenshots posted. The difference between ships is kind of crazy for me. o_o;;

Sizustar
Apr 4, 2014, 05:34 AM
I'm from Ship 10 and I'm actually surprised to find out about B20. If anything, I'm kind of used to having some Japanese players spam symbol art, but yeah, it doesn't compared to the screenshots posted. The difference between ships is kind of crazy for me. o_o;;

Pretty much~ The "Anti-Japanese" Chinese player on Ship 7 is terrible, if you can understand them.

Nendo
Apr 4, 2014, 10:34 AM
Pretty much~ The "Anti-Japanese" Chinese player on Ship 7 is terrible, if you can understand them.

So ship 7 is no good?

Vampy
Apr 5, 2014, 12:39 PM
I don't think that is what they meant. When they mentioned that.