PDA

View Full Version : total english

SMUT
Apr 3, 2014, 02:17 PM
Not sure if this has already been brought up, but when asiasoft releases their english version will we see a full english patch with tweaker? I just tried the JP through tweaker and it's still to JP for me to figure out lol.

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 02:18 PM
I'm sure Aida and the tweaker team have some sort of plan to pull information from it? Of course, I'm sure those responsible will give a response.

SMUT
Apr 3, 2014, 02:19 PM
ya I was guessing they could easily figure it out.

Gama
Apr 3, 2014, 02:39 PM
ive been told that the asiasoft version has diferent encription.

Sizustar
Apr 3, 2014, 02:39 PM
Doubt it, the stuff that aren't trasnalted are servier side, so unless Aida hacks into Sega's server and switch them...

SMUT
Apr 3, 2014, 02:41 PM
ahh that sucks. And I heard asiasoft are strict with ip's hopefully they bring it to the US one day.

schnee4
Apr 3, 2014, 02:44 PM
total stupid

use english patch like every else person

SMUT
Apr 3, 2014, 02:47 PM
Actually it's more like total lazy.

The Walrus
Apr 3, 2014, 02:49 PM
But it translates pretty much everything needed...

Hell I'm having a hard time thinking of what actually isn't translated at this point :/

Arksenth
Apr 3, 2014, 02:50 PM
Honestly, as you move forward in the game you learn to recognize the most important words anyway. Not too huge of a deal, I think.

SMUT
Apr 3, 2014, 02:53 PM
ill probably do some studying on menus and give it another go. That was my main problem. I'm sure it will become habit like all other games.

Sandmind
Apr 3, 2014, 02:56 PM
But it translates pretty much everything needed...

Hell I'm having a hard time thinking of what actually isn't translated at this point :/

CO description come to mind, but it doesn't matter since it should be the run of the mill quest description anyways.

Also those "hint capsule" on the field that show up on the minimap as a exlamation mark. I would advice looking them up, since there are titles tied to them (excubes and a gunslash camo).

SMUT
Apr 3, 2014, 03:16 PM
But all menus like npc menus and my inventory stats, settings etc. should not be translated right? Not an error on my part?

Yden
Apr 3, 2014, 03:57 PM
There's still also the stuff npcs say to you when you use the chat option as well as stuff they say when you accept or complete their COs. I'd love to see that stuff so I can get more of these npc's personality.

Stormwalker
Apr 3, 2014, 04:03 PM
Inventory requires the item translation patch.

I've hit the point now that I forget to turn it on. Just playing the game, without really trying, I have learned enough katakana to read most item names (though not as quickly as in Roman characters) without any real effort.

Nearly all items in this game have English names written in katakana, so after a while of looking up names you start to recognize the characters.

Totori
Apr 3, 2014, 04:12 PM
But all menus like npc menus and my inventory stats, settings etc. should not be translated right? Not an error on my part?

Everything can't be translated with a patch, due to the server storing some information. Unless you were to do a memory hack, but even with that you would have to constantly keep applying it.

rpgstar1
Apr 3, 2014, 06:21 PM
There's still also the stuff npcs say to you when you use the chat option as well as stuff they say when you accept or complete their COs. I'd love to see that stuff so I can get more of these npc's personality.

I am not 100% sure about this, but I believe that some of the client order quests change what they say when you complete the repeatables depending on how well liked you are. I read that they are suppose to react differently to you in their conversations, and I noticed with Hans, a mission to kill the Rockbear, it use to be 4 chat bubbles, now when I do it, for the past 2 days it's only 3 chat bubbles.

Chdata
Apr 3, 2014, 07:33 PM
Honestly, as you move forward in the game you learn to recognize the most important words anyway. Not too huge of a deal, I think.

I don't even recognize jp words.

I just recognize button placement.

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 08:09 PM
I doubt we'll take anything from their translations. And I'm not even sure if they're using the same encryption or not, I've been too busy with other stuff to even look.

And yeah, I'm having trouble thinking of what isn't translated yet either, aside from Arks Road (which I'm STILL looking for in the files ;~;), the COs/Message Packs/Pop up tutorials (which are bottom priority and are done when I have nothing else to do)

That's a shame, I don't know the ins and out of their file system, but a lot of things like NPC chat text and what not would have been awesome to mix and match file wise if it was possible.

Rien
Apr 3, 2014, 08:18 PM
I just want the sound files from their file system.

The damn .acb and .snd are stumping me and I have no idea how you guys do the text files either.

Rien
Apr 3, 2014, 10:13 PM
No, I mean where do you find the dialogue files

They're not .txt's

Powder Keg
Apr 3, 2014, 10:25 PM
So you'll still need a patch regardless? So what's the point of even playing that version?

Gama
Apr 4, 2014, 02:10 AM
So you'll still need a patch regardless? So what's the point of even playing that version?

nothing screams Pso like korean themed clothes, thats why everyone is so crazy about starting over!

THEMED CLOTHES! wohooooo!

*note severe levels of sarcasm above*

Zipzo
Apr 4, 2014, 02:23 AM
Not sure if this has already been brought up, but when asiasoft releases their english version will we see a full english patch with tweaker? I just tried the JP through tweaker and it's still to JP for me to figure out lol.

Just a moment...

Why exactly are you wondering if the English patch will work when it's localized in English anyhow?

SMUT
Apr 9, 2014, 12:58 PM
I havent been on since i made this thread nor played till right now, but everything i was not seeing in english before is now in english. Maybe something installed wrong or was this a new patch?

DJcooltrainer
Apr 10, 2014, 07:20 AM
Everything can't be translated with a patch, due to the server storing some information. Unless you were to do a memory hack, but even with that you would have to constantly keep applying it.

See: item translation patch.

I don't think stealing A$ia$oft's broken translations would be a good idea anyway.

Yer' a Wizard, Arks-member.

SMUT
Apr 10, 2014, 07:58 AM
The patch is updated constantly. :p

Well you guys do a great job!! I actually managed to get to level 16 yesterday. I am starting to enjoy it.