PDA

View Full Version : EXP While Solo? Leveling Advice Sought

Nikoshae
Apr 3, 2014, 04:22 PM
This question has probably been asked a thousand times, but here's my version.

I love PSO2, but one of my biggest deterrents from logging in is that I'm honestly not sure how to get good experience while solo. I have a group of friends here, and I do know a number of people, but I'm not always on when they're on without some planning (they're in Europe, and I'm in the USA). So without planning I'm having a solo experience much of the time apart from weekends when the stars align for us all.

So, by experience I mean good experience. I'm level 58. I want to get a number of classes to 65. So I'm looking for the king of good experience that can let me log in for a few hours, get a level, and feel like I've accomplished something in the game for the day.

I know, check every hour for an EQ, but I don't really have the time to wait around for every hour on the hour. I sometimes have time to play for a few hours right at X time, but the EQ's could be terrible EXP-wise during that time. I haven't found the right sweet spot with CO's. Maybe I'm not finding the right ones?

I want to feel like there's a good reason to log in and stay logged in for multiple hours. Right now I log in, get my pass for that one mission (I forget what it's called), send my minime out on a few quests, and ... log off. Kind of boring, kind of sad. But then when I get to play with friends I do advanced quests and such that net me the EXP I'm looking for.

Anywho, so yeah, where does one get good experience in the upper levels? Beyond 50? While solo?

relentless
Apr 3, 2014, 04:27 PM
You can still do AQs solo with 3 Friend Partners (i.e. that use Ilfoie). It's not as good as with a full party but still not much worse or at least better than most other methods (actually I wouldn't even know of too many other lucrative methods anyway).

Arksenth
Apr 3, 2014, 04:29 PM
The absolute best is AQ, but that's not a solo thing since you need to bring a party of four if you want the PSE Burst XP - if you can navigate the communication, I would recommend you just join a random JP party (which is what I do, since most of my teammates are Malaysian and our hours only mesh up on the weekends.)

If you're not willing to do that, Han's SH boss COs can give you a hefty amount of XP daily - it's about 30k per boss, and then another 30k if you're willing to kill mobs along the way to rack up 60-70 kills. I would recommend you do Rockbear, Vol, Gwana and Snow Banthers, as the other COs don't give as much XP. Take along the SH mob orders as well except for Desert since it requires Mechs and those don't spawn well in free exploration.

holmwood
Apr 3, 2014, 04:36 PM
This question has probably been asked a thousand times, but here's my version.

I love PSO2, but one of my biggest deterrents from logging in is that I'm honestly not sure how to get good experience while solo. I have a group of friends here, and I do know a number of people, but I'm not always on when they're on without some planning (they're in Europe, and I'm in the USA). So without planning I'm having a solo experience much of the time apart from weekends when the stars align for us all.

So, by experience I mean good experience. I'm level 58. I want to get a number of classes to 65. So I'm looking for the king of good experience that can let me log in for a few hours, get a level, and feel like I've accomplished something in the game for the day.

I know, check every hour for an EQ, but I don't really have the time to wait around for every hour on the hour. I sometimes have time to play for a few hours right at X time, but the EQ's could be terrible EXP-wise during that time. I haven't found the right sweet spot with CO's. Maybe I'm not finding the right ones?

I want to feel like there's a good reason to log in and stay logged in for multiple hours. Right now I log in, get my pass for that one mission (I forget what it's called), send my minime out on a few quests, and ... log off. Kind of boring, kind of sad. But then when I get to play with friends I do advanced quests and such that net me the EXP I'm looking for.

Anywho, so yeah, where does one get good experience in the upper levels? Beyond 50? While solo?

I don't get to play much, so I'm in the same boat.
I find myself spamming SH nab II for EXP. The point is to kill massive amounts of mobs in a short amount of time, preferably with them bunched up. Sometimes I switch over to SH AQ or free fields to hunt for rares, but exp for those is fairly meh. Especially with AQs where solo PSE bursts only yield like 1 mob per second (lame...).

The client orders are really only good for boosting low level characters (30-40ish). 20-30k exp comes easily when you're just doing SH stuff. Why torture yourself.

And I second using friend partners that spam il foie. It'll make clearing fields a breeze. It's bugged out to be OP atm, and it's still not fixed. So take advantage of it while you still can. : X

Saffran
Apr 3, 2014, 04:50 PM
Daily TA in VH + Dragon altar in SH with the 60 dragonkin CO and the SH Vol Dragon CO. You can even do the 70 dragonkin if you are 4 ppl running Altar in SH.
That should give 150k at completion. That's not quite a level but it's nice to get it regularly.

Simple thing, but pop a 75% exp ticket when you hit an EQ at the right time (obviously not if you get 5 minutes of DF hands and complete it in normal just to get to part 2 because your channel is empty)

If you can organize it, try AQ with friends. Even in VH, the divine wolf appears somewhat often. You need PSE bursts to *really* rack in though.

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2014, 05:06 PM
Do you use triboosters and exp boosters? You can buy exp boosters for a photon crystal, and you get triboosters all the time. With them both, you can get at least half a level each EQ or AQ.

Nikoshae
Apr 3, 2014, 05:14 PM
Daily TA in VH + Dragon altar in SH with the 60 dragonkin CO and the SH Vol Dragon CO. You can even do the 70 dragonkin if you are 4 ppl running Altar in SH.
That should give 150k at completion. That's not quite a level but it's nice to get it regularly.

Simple thing, but pop a 75% exp ticket when you hit an EQ at the right time (obviously not if you get 5 minutes of DF hands and complete it in normal just to get to part 2 because your channel is empty)

If you can organize it, try AQ with friends. Even in VH, the divine wolf appears somewhat often. You need PSE bursts to *really* rack in though.

I went to respond to this, and then realized I was in error with my response. Thank you for the detailed idea.

Lego
Apr 3, 2014, 05:29 PM
I do Hans, Revelle and Lottie CO's on Coast Exploration almost every day to boost my subclasses. This will net you around 100k EXP for 15-20 min work. More if u come accros some Orgs and Decols which give 22k extra.

landman
Apr 3, 2014, 05:32 PM
Client Orders, the mentioned SVH TACOs, if you join a ful SH TACO then grab rockbear lvl 60, gwanada 60, forest natives 60, desert machines 60... all of those are easy to complete. 30k+ exp each, and leave the ones that give less exp. or instead daily completions of SH quests (kill 60 enemies in SH on each stage, enter tacos for forest and desert, they are 100% your objective, kill SH bosses + some of Lubert weak point COs), a mix of Hans, Kresida and Revelle COs for Ruins, Coast, Quarry and Seabed, those will be worth your time, all of them are daily so start with the ones that give more exp.

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2014, 05:46 PM
Somewhat related, Falz is coming up. You may be able to get most of your level if you use boosters on the hands.

Onvirtual
Apr 3, 2014, 06:44 PM
I will share this guide for you to get alot of exp in a short time on your own. (http://gungnirdescent.enjin.com/forum/m/19554302/viewthread/10266892-guidetime-attack-client-orders-over-400k-exp-worth-in-1-go)

Nikoshae
Apr 3, 2014, 06:53 PM
Somewhat related, Falz is coming up. You may be able to get most of your level if you use boosters on the hands.

lol Thanks for the heads-up. Almost hit 59 now =p

gaijin_punch
Apr 3, 2014, 07:45 PM
Stack your CO's. Took me a while, but you can filter by area when you see a list of CO's being offered. Plan on what you're going to do, and go check out Hanz, Franka, Ravelle, and the Daily Client Orders for that area. The no-brainers are Hanz's 70-enemies of a certain type/area for 29,500 points. He gives 30k or so for some of the easier bosses as well.

One loop I try to do when I have 30 minutes to kill is
70 forest enemies (Hanz) 29.5k
70 snow mountain enemies (Hanz) 29.5k
Rock Bear (Hanz) 30k
Then do any that Franka offers for Forest - maybe another 20-30k in points.
There are likely more if your look a bit.

Then go do the first Time Attack quest on SH. An easy 100k in points and it takes like 30 minutes. I've only beat it solo'ing once though. Always fuck up on the Snow Panther.

Macman
Apr 3, 2014, 08:49 PM
Don't forget the SH Quartz Dragon, Rockbear, and Gwanahda COs. You can also get the 70 SH Mechs desert one done if you take the long route. Granted this is if you play all TAs in SH.

Angelo
Apr 3, 2014, 09:30 PM
Hans is now your best friend. I solo about 95% of the time, but I also play casually (about an hour or so 5 times a week). I've been playing since open beta and I'm still not at cap.

ACoil
Apr 3, 2014, 11:25 PM
I will share this guide for you to get alot of exp in a short time on your own. (http://gungnirdescent.enjin.com/forum/m/19554302/viewthread/10266892-guidetime-attack-client-orders-over-400k-exp-worth-in-1-go)

^This
Pretty much if you were to do hans co daily it wouldnt take long to reach level cap.

Sizustar
Apr 4, 2014, 05:35 AM
The Daily collect quartz 99 fang, etc will give 100k+ exp if you get them all, and I think the fang isn't that exensive..

solid_snark
Apr 4, 2014, 09:42 AM
Don't forget to keep your support partner busy on collect quests 24/7. At max affection level it only requires logging in twice a day, and it is possible to do ALL of Franka's quests within a week.

Chdata
Apr 4, 2014, 09:58 AM
Do every EQ too.

especially the ones well known for exp like Chaotic Tranquility/Falz/TD/Darker Den