PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 About the Easter Day update

SakuRei
Apr 3, 2014, 07:49 PM
Well, putting aside the so-so costumes, the new PA's, bio weapons etc. the most thing that caught my eyes were the storyline that makes me have a nerdgasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqUb5n9mb8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqUb5n9mb8[/SPOILER-BOX]

So in this update, we get to battle the ARKS itself? As I've seen with the video, guess Luther screwed up the timeline I suppose? or the ARKS members itself and the 6 pillars of ARKS (or Regius) are evil all along? My reaction was...

"So huh, Regius gave ARKS Order 66 eh... Sweeeeet!~" [SPOILER](Star Wars reference)

Though I wonder who are the controlled ones and who are not? Though it feels like most of them are controlled besides the player itself or us. And yaaaaay! we get to beat up that crybaby Theodore! Finally, and hoping. xD

Though I'm concerned about the ORACLE as well since it will become the Dark Falz Angel(?). So the ARKS are on its end then? wonder if there will be a lobby change though? or wonder if there will be a new settlement/HQ/Base?

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zRc3cBHY5k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zRc3cBHY5k[/SPOILER-BOX]

BIG OLAF
Apr 3, 2014, 07:52 PM
Someone likes following the story?

Got-damn.

Kill_Jack
Apr 3, 2014, 07:56 PM
Im quite interested in this as well.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2014, 08:01 PM
Though I'm concerned about the ORACLE as well since it will become the Dark Falz Angel(?). So the ARKS are on its end then? wonder if there will be a lobby change though? or wonder if there will be a new settlement/HQ/Base?
It's been explicitly stated that none of the ARKS live on Oracle (and based on what we've seen no one does). The lobbies cities, and such are in the ARKS ships, not oracle.

Shinamori
Apr 3, 2014, 08:07 PM
It's not the end of Arks I think. Definitely a blow, but I don't think it is the end. We still haven't seen double, like at all. Apprentice still has gotten her body yet either. =/ I' guessing Oracle will be the new Darker's Den.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 3, 2014, 08:12 PM
Someone likes following the story?

Got-damn.

To be fair, it actually looks good.

Afaik, the story up to quna (with the exception of mb8 ) was generally accepted as pretty damn lame.

Rien
Apr 3, 2014, 08:15 PM
translations (not perfect ok):
[spoiler-box]Shion: "I wish for you to go venture into the heart of the Mothership with Matoi."

Luther: "It's been long... so very long... Now I can finally... understand everything about you"

Regius/Regias: "Regius, First of the Rokubou Kinkou, hereby issues an absolute order. Obliterate all who resist."

Matoi: "Why? This is weird... These people, their words... even their presences"

Maria: "_______ (I can't read this part due to video quality) . The Rokubou Kinkou does not collude with you. That must be what angers you the most."

Regius: "To take out the threats within ARKS. That is... the (duty of the) Three Heroes."

Theodre: "Shut up! I don't want to hear those words!"

Also Matoi can use Technics, if you're wondering how she fights.[/spoiler-box]

FacelessRed
Apr 3, 2014, 08:26 PM
It's been explicitly stated that none of the ARKS live on Oracle (and based on what we've seen no one does). The lobbies cities, and such are in the ARKS ships, not oracle.

What exactly is oracle? I haven't been paying the closest attention to the story. Some attention but not the best.

SakuRei
Apr 3, 2014, 08:28 PM
So that means, Maria is on the good side? So Regius became the villain huh... Neat! By that Obliterate those who resist. Really quite similar to Order 66 of Star Wars. So I guess the only thing that's corrupted now is the ORACLE eh. Guess we still live in ships or so.

Rakurai
I guess Falz Angel will probably start appearing in fields once you clear the story quest.

Wonder what manner of insanely rare weapon it'll have as a drop.

Rien
Considering in the cutscenes you ARE fighting alongside Maria and Regius I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2014, 08:30 PM
What exactly is oracle? I haven't been paying the closest attention to the story. Some attention but not the best.It's a flag ship, but I don't think it's ever been stated what it's FOR, I used to think it was a civilian thing, but now I think it's supposed a lab or something (where the Void facilities are?). I mean, that's all pretense of course. It's pretty obvious now that it's a seal for falz.

Considering in the cutscenes you ARE fighting alongside Maria and Regius I have no idea what's going on anymore.

I'm pretty sure all the cutscenes show the PC, Maria, and Matoi being confronted by Regius, not fighting alongside him. He's most likely in on the conspiracy, or at the very least tricked into going along with it.

EDIT: Either that, or he's trying to prevent birdfalz from breaking out by any means neccery and thinks you're trying to do it.

Rakurai
Apr 3, 2014, 08:34 PM

I'm going to assume that nobody other then maybe Luther had any idea that there was a Falz being contained within the Oracle.

Rien
Apr 3, 2014, 08:36 PM
I'm pretty sure all the cutscenes show the PC, Maria, and Matoi being confronted by Regius, not fighting alongside him. He's most likely in on the conspiracy, or at the very least tricked into going along with it.

EDIT: Either that, or he's trying to prevent birdfalz from breaking out by any means neccery and thinks you're trying to do it.

It's Matoi? Damn, I can't tell since they're both wearing white |:

SakuRei
Apr 3, 2014, 08:39 PM
So huh, you're on the side of Maria, since I saw Echo along with it, wonder if Kuna is there though, but I doubt she's in the scene since she said that she has her own business to deal with. Though I wonder what kind of hypnosis/mind control did Regius do... Since man, he's a CAST... (excluding that player CASTs can use force technics/abilities)

Rakurai
Apr 3, 2014, 08:45 PM
It's mentioned by Casra in an event scene that the six elite ARKS members all have the authority to issue an "absolute order" that has to be followed by the lower ranking members.

Macman
Apr 3, 2014, 08:47 PM
That's such a massive security hole for what is likely the last hope for humanoid races. I'm shocked they haven't had an elite ARKS go rogue in the past already.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2014, 08:47 PM
So huh, you're on the side of Maria, since I saw Echo along with it, wonder if Kuna is there though, but I doubt she's in the scene since she said that she has her own business to deal with. Though I wonder what kind of hypnosis/mind control did Regius do... Since man, he's a CAST... (excluding that player CASTs can use force technics/abilities)Ever since the whole hunar thing I've seen Maria as pretty clearly a good character. On the other hand Regius was pretty nice too so... :-?

Also I think whatever Regius did has to do with the ARKS as a whole and isn't some sort of personal ability. There's a point where Afin jokes about the idea of new ARKS members being experimented on, and when Regius does his thing, two of the newest members we've seen ingame are shown with glowing red eyes. Along with all the other hints being dropped I'm inclined to believe it has something to do with the void facilities, as usual.

It's mentioned by Casra in an event scene that the six elite ARKS members all have the authority to issue an "absolute order" that has to be followed by the lower ranking members.
I musta missed this one. I need to catch up with the tablets. D:

That's such a massive security hole for what is likely the last hope for humanoid races. I'm shocked they haven't had an elite ARKS go rogue in the past already.
That's why I don't think he's going rogue and is seriously trying to stop something bad from happening, or at least something he THINKS is bad.

Rien
Apr 3, 2014, 08:52 PM
Afin joking about ARKS being experimented on was a foreshadowing of Hadred, who became a Chrome Dragon due to Luther, who is also known for transforming Theo...dre? dor? something.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2014, 08:55 PM
Afin joking about ARKS being experimented on was a foreshadowing of Hadred, who became a Chrome Dragon due to Luther, who is also known for transforming Theo...dre? dor? something.There's been signs of other stuff as well though. I don't think it was forshadowing to anything specific, just that there are experiments going on involving the ARKS. I mean... you're not wrong, I just think it makes sense for whatever Regius did to be related to whatever Luthor is doing, even if he doesn't know it.

Also it's worth mentioning that everything the ARKS use, and all the races except humans are products of the Void Facility... According to Patty. :wacko:

SakuRei
Apr 3, 2014, 08:58 PM
Hmm... Somehow that Afin says about new ARKS being experimented has something to do with it. So there's a deep mystery about the ARKS on new recruits huh...

Though as what I see in the vid though the ones on Regius' side are: Lottie, Lubert, Ohza, Marlu, Lisa (NOOOO!!!!), Dudu (JK. We'll be dead if it's true xD)

On Maria's side btw are: Us/Players, Matoi, Fourier(?) (Can't see though since there's someone on the back.), Echo, and Huey.

Shinamori
Apr 3, 2014, 08:59 PM
BTW, what is The 3 split-screen at 3:42 thing suppose to be?

Ezodagrom
Apr 3, 2014, 09:00 PM
I guess Falz Angel will probably start appearing in fields once you clear the story quest.

When Falz Hunar was introduced, he appeared only in a story quest, even after defeating him he didn't appear in the regular fields, iirc.

Rien
Apr 3, 2014, 09:01 PM
when you get hit the hp deducted is now color coded for your convenience so you know which of the three attack types you needa stack defence of.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2014, 09:06 PM
When Falz Hunar was introduced, he appeared only in a story quest, even after defeating him he didn't appear in the regular fields, iirc.He did, I think, he was (and still is) very rare.

when you get hit the hp deducted is now color coded for your convenience so you know which of the three attack types you needa stack defence of.I wish they did the same to the damage numbers of enemies AND players, so it's more visible, and also so we have an easier time telling what damage type PAs are dealing.

Ezodagrom
Apr 3, 2014, 09:31 PM
He did, I think, he was (and still is) very rare.
Didn't he only start appearing in the fields when his EQ was introduced?

EDIT: Checking the JP wiki, the earliest comments in the Elder Pain page are from January 10th 2013, which is the day after Falz Hunar's EQ was added, so I guess he only started appearing in random fields then.

Rien
Apr 3, 2014, 09:40 PM

EDIT: Checking the JP wiki, the earliest comments in the Elder Pain page are from January 10th 2013, which is the day after Falz Hunar's EQ was added, so I guess he only started appearing in random fields then.

well yeah story mode fight didn't drop anything because it spit you back out to the campship? arks ship? after the fight ended due to cutscene chain.

EvilMag
Apr 3, 2014, 09:46 PM

yeah that was also when we got the abduction mission. (though back then you didn't get a crystal from hunar at the end in that quest.)

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2014, 09:49 PM

Wasn't that when VH came out too? He only drops it in VH or higher.

EDIT: DERP Meant VH.

Ezodagrom
Apr 3, 2014, 09:55 PM
Wasn't that when VH came out too? He only drops it in VH or higher.

EDIT: DERP Meant VH.
VH was added in October 2012, 3 months before the Hunar EQ.
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20121010/02/

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2014, 09:56 PM
VH was added in October 2012, 3 months before the Hunar EQ.
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20121010/02/Ok then. Nevermind my ignorance. XD

Chdata
Apr 3, 2014, 10:01 PM

11 star version of elder pain

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2014, 10:05 PM
"A world where the expeditionary force ARKS, who made the galaxy-exploring, interplanetary fleet Oracle their home are caught in an eternal battle with the alien Darkers, who grow in power and destroy all life they come across." (from the new PSO2 Trailer)

Oracle is the name of their fleet, and the ARKS Ships are part of that, so aren't they living on the ARKS Ships?I think that's just a case of the fleet and the flagship sharing a name. I meant no one lives on the flagship.

Rien
Apr 3, 2014, 10:12 PM
"A world where the expeditionary force ARKS, who made the galaxy-exploring, interplanetary fleet Oracle their home are caught in an eternal battle with the alien Darkers, who grow in power and destroy all life they come across." (from the new PSO2 Trailer)

Oracle is the name of their fleet, and the ARKS Ships are part of that, so aren't they living on the ARKS Ships?

He meant the Mothership. Unfortunately the mothership does not seem to be called Oracle (heck, I haven't heard Oracle since the beginning)

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 4, 2014, 12:43 AM
It's just a giant rubber band ball. Why is it called the mothership?

Ok actually it's a Dyson Sphere if there's a star in the middle of it. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Zorua
Apr 4, 2014, 01:04 AM
I can understand Matoi and the player being immune to the mind control, but what about Echo? She seems to be fine from what I can see in the preview.

SakuRei
Apr 4, 2014, 04:34 AM
Dunno if Echo is mind controlled as well, since she's on Maria and your side including Huey and Matoi. There's another one I think since the video is too blurry and that female character is colored near yellow~orange, I believe Fourier is on your side/Maria's side as well.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 4, 2014, 04:38 AM
what about Io-- wait, I'm her Senpai. . . . oh shiiiiii. . .

nopenopenopenopenopenope, not killing Io.

Shinamori
Apr 4, 2014, 06:12 AM
I doubt you're killing them, probably gonna knock them out. Echo and Fourie is probably a more experienced ARKS member.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 4, 2014, 06:20 AM
I doubt you're killing them, probably gonna knock them out. Echo and Fourie is probably a more experienced ARKS member.still. . . I don't wanaaaaaa ;-;

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 4, 2014, 06:33 AM
I hope we get to brutally murder Dudu school days style

SakuRei
Apr 4, 2014, 10:13 AM
Dudu: Fu fu fu~ Nani yo wa KOROSU! "Player Name Here"! Guh-hahahahahah!

Man... Wonder who can you still beat though, I'd be happy to beat anyone else in the ARKS members excluding Echo, Kuna. Too bad we'll beat up Lisa... xD