PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 English Beta *edit* Region Locked, Not as Exciting.

ShadowHado
Apr 5, 2014, 02:36 PM
*edit* It's been confirmed that regions outside of SEA will be IP Blocked, and Daiyousei has posted a picture from the FB thread on page 2 of this thread. Yay.

Hey all, it's been a long time!

I sent in a news story for this, but I wanted to let you all know as soon as humanly possible that the PSO2 English Beta starts on April 10th, and you can get your own key from their site right now!!! Just head over to pso2.playpark.com/en/ to grab a key and register for an account! As a side note, when registering an account, it asks for a mobile number and country code; I left this blank and it still went through just fine. :)

After you register your key, there will be two links to download the torrent for the game client. The client size is about 14GB, for those who are curious or need to make room like I did, haha. I'm hoping we can create characters ahead of time as well, but I haven't finished downloading and installing the client yet.

Good luck and hope to see you all there!

~~Nate (Shadow Hado)

blace
Apr 5, 2014, 02:45 PM
You do realize that Asiasoft only caters to South East Asia and that more than likely we're already not eligible for such a thing? They're notorious for limiting it directly to IP's in the region not globally as well for near non-existent customer service.

ShadowHado
Apr 5, 2014, 02:52 PM
That would be unfortunate, so I guess we will see.

Triple_S
Apr 5, 2014, 03:09 PM
That would be unfortunate, so I guess we will see.

They've already confirmed that they're IP-blocking people that aren't in the SEA region.

reptile7383
Apr 5, 2014, 03:20 PM
None of the updates, have to deal with the hassle of the IP block, and the JP version has most of the important stuff patched to english anyways. I don't see any point in trying the SEA version.

Yden
Apr 5, 2014, 03:23 PM
I don't recall any official sources going out and confirming an IP block. Hell RO2 was supposed to have been IP blocked but they never actually implemented it during the time I played.

blace
Apr 5, 2014, 03:24 PM
I don't recall any official sources going out and confirming an IP block. Hell RO2 was supposed to have been IP blocked but they never actually implemented it during the time I played.

Let me refer you to this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218211).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2014, 03:29 PM
Thought i was looking at the world's latest april fools joke in history in this thread.

Vetur
Apr 5, 2014, 03:35 PM
You do realize that Asiasoft only caters to South East Asia and that more than likely we're already not eligible for such a thing? They're notorious for limiting it directly to IP's in the region not globally as well for near non-existent customer service.

Yeah I remember reading somewhere that they will IP block. :(
Either way, I don't really have a reason to leave JP PSO2 as long as the translation team keeps up, which they've been doing a great job at so far, and that friends still play it.

Yden
Apr 5, 2014, 03:43 PM
Let me refer you to this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218211).

There's no official statement saying they would block them though. Their official stance so far is that they would service SEA which is the same stance that PSO2 JP currently takes except with the JP region. It doesn't automatically mean there will be an IP block of regions outside the service area.

blace
Apr 5, 2014, 03:52 PM
There's no official statement saying they would block them though. Their official stance so far is that they would service SEA which is the same stance that PSO2 JP currently takes except with the JP region. It doesn't automatically mean there will be an IP block of regions outside the service area.

You are free to disagree, but you can check their facebook page and responses to comments regarding whether or not the game is playable outside of the SEA region.
https://www.facebook.com/PSO2.EN
Most comments by them say that it'll be available to the SEA region.

Phantasy Star Online 2 - English is published by Asiasoft and will be servicing players residing in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and Philippines. - CM Dynareus

Daiyousei
Apr 5, 2014, 03:53 PM
I'm just going to repost this image

http://puu.sh/7McKv.png

a CM answered about the IP block thing.

Vetur
Apr 5, 2014, 04:15 PM
[spoiler-box]
I'm just going to repost this image

http://puu.sh/7McKv.png

a CM answered about the IP block thing.
[/spoiler-box]

Oh, that is an interesting point someone brought up... would people from SEA be blocked from JP PSO2? D:

Skyly
Apr 5, 2014, 05:20 PM
[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

Oh, that is an interesting point someone brought up... would people from SEA be blocked from JP PSO2? D:

Don't you mean would JP be blocked from playing on Asiasoft?

Stickboy
Apr 5, 2014, 06:12 PM
JP ppl won't put up IP ban unless you guys did something to get banned from it

Also, i don't see the beta keys in pso2sea website

XbikXBd
Apr 5, 2014, 06:26 PM
Well i can full say that the ip block is just smoke and mirrors lol. just got on the SEA April 4th beta servers just fine lol just kinda hope they add more servers cuz just 2 ships lol.

Lorne
Apr 5, 2014, 07:30 PM
So how exactly do you get the beta key? It just says to like their Facebook page, which I've done. Now what?

XbikXBd
Apr 5, 2014, 07:32 PM
So how exactly do you get the beta key? It just says to like their Facebook page, which I've done. Now what?

http://pso2.playpark.com/en/

Lorne
Apr 5, 2014, 07:34 PM
http://pso2.playpark.com/en/

Thanks, but I've seen that. I click the "Step 1: Get Beta Key" button on that page, and it takes me to another page saying:

"Like" our Phantasy Star Online 2 Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/PSO2.en)
to get your Beta Key.

I've liked their Facebook page. So, now what?

Edit: Never mind. It doesn't seem to work in Firefox, but it did in Internet Explorer. That big yellow "Claim Beta Key" button isn't there at all on Firefox.

XbikXBd
Apr 5, 2014, 07:42 PM
Thanks, but I've seen that. I click the "Step 1: Get Beta Key" button on that page, and it takes me to another page saying:

I've liked their Facebook page. So, now what?

Edit: Never mind. It doesn't seem to work in Firefox, but it did in Internet Explorer. That big yellow "Claim Beta Key" button isn't there at all on Firefox.

ah well i use chrome so I never saw that issue lol

Yden
Apr 5, 2014, 07:44 PM
JP ppl won't put up IP ban unless you guys did something to get banned from it

There are cases where companies have put up an IP ban in the past to prevent different regions from competing against each other. I recall reading about a couple of EU bans from NA servers in the past because an EU server was starting up.

Gardios
Apr 5, 2014, 07:55 PM
I knew Arad Senki banned US American IPs from accessing their servers since they have DFO, and DFO blocked European IPs because... just because. Arad Senki later on also banned European IPs for no reason at all.

So yeah, it might happen.

diamondx
Apr 5, 2014, 07:57 PM
ip regional reasignment program is the solution:
http://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn

Shinamori
Apr 5, 2014, 08:01 PM
It's not permanent solution if you don't pay for it though so.

Well i can full say that the ip block is just smoke and mirrors lol. just got on the SEA April 4th beta servers just fine lol just kinda hope they add more servers cuz just 2 ships lol.

Care to provide some screens?

Skyly
Apr 5, 2014, 08:15 PM
Are VPNs full proof way of playing?

blace
Apr 5, 2014, 08:17 PM
It is beta, things can change in its release.

reptile7383
Apr 5, 2014, 08:31 PM
Are VPNs full proof way of playing?

Yes because the VPN would be what's connected to the server thus the server only sees the VPNs SEA IP. The downside is that the connection is slower and it'll likely cost you money if you want a decent one where you don't have to share an IP. Ultimately its not worth it, but you will be able to play if you really want to.

Yden
Apr 5, 2014, 09:12 PM
There's also this free VPN. I'm not sure if the speeds are any good for gaming though.

http://www.softether.org/

XbikXBd
Apr 5, 2014, 09:14 PM
It's not permanent solution if you don't pay for it though so.

Care to provide some screens?

Here ya go i forgot to take pics yesterday tho...but i can still get on the PBE client but if i think so asiasoft is using the same one.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i60.tinypic.com/k56b1j.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The_Brimada
Apr 5, 2014, 10:57 PM
I knew Arad Senki banned US American IPs from accessing their servers since they have DFO, and DFO blocked European IPs because... just because. Arad Senki later on also banned European IPs for no reason at all.

So yeah, it might happen.

I know this is semi off-topic, but oh how I miss my DFO fix. I knew there were a few people on these forums that knew of/played that game lol.

Rehal
Apr 5, 2014, 11:11 PM
I know this is semi off-topic, but oh how I miss my DFO fix. I knew there were a few people on these forums that knew of/played that game lol.

Go play Mystic Fighter online

Zyrusticae
Apr 5, 2014, 11:21 PM
Yes because the VPN would be what's connected to the server thus the server only sees the VPNs SEA IP. The downside is that the connection is slower and it'll likely cost you money if you want a decent one where you don't have to share an IP. Ultimately its not worth it, but you will be able to play if you really want to.
I personally use WTFast anyway to reduce my latency to faraway servers. Since it is a fast VPN service designed specifically to reduce input latency from exactly this scenario it works great.

Not that I'm actually planning on playing the SEA version of PSO2. Why would I?

Kaziel
Apr 6, 2014, 03:10 AM
I am a little surprised it is region-locked, but I'm not even mad. I'd rather play on JP than SEA.

I am, however, a little upset there has been no cancellation notice on SEGA's part about all the news in 2013 and 2012. Either kill the project or don't, it's been 2 years.

ShinMaruku
Apr 6, 2014, 03:19 AM
I am a little surprised it is region-locked, but I'm not even mad. I'd rather play on JP than SEA.

I am, however, a little upset there has been no cancellation notice on SEGA's part about all the news in 2013 and 2012. Either kill the project or don't, it's been 2 years.

I direct you to Blade and soul NCSoft likes to pretend it exists. It's been damn near 4 years coming. :P

Courina
Apr 6, 2014, 03:33 AM

knowing asiasoft gaming publishing history, imma suprised if they arent.

so far they not even let country just next of their region-supported country play at their server.

mctastee
Apr 6, 2014, 06:42 PM
I direct you to Blade and soul NCSoft likes to pretend it exists. It's been damn near 4 years coming. :P
That game never came out here!?

Zyrusticae
Apr 6, 2014, 07:04 PM
Blade & Soul has still yet to come out in Japan or SEA, so it's not terribly surprising it's not out here yet either.

That being said... why the fuck isn't it out in Japan already? They're takin' their goddamn time with that game, geeze.

Yden
Apr 6, 2014, 07:07 PM
Blade & Soul has still yet to come out in Japan or SEA, so it's not terribly surprising it's not out here yet either.

That being said... why the fuck isn't it out in Japan already? They're takin' their goddamn time with that game, geeze.

Wait it's not out in Japan yet? Why are they airing the anime for it now then?

Daiyousei
Apr 6, 2014, 07:21 PM
Wait it's not out in Japan yet? Why are they airing the anime for it now then?

It'll be out May 20, the anime could just be part of the marketing.