PDA

View Full Version : Is HU any good compared to BR

Bloothehegdehog
Apr 5, 2014, 04:54 PM
Seriously, I play hunter who's all about my S-ATK and I still get beaten in terms of damage by every single braver ever. What the heck man, why is Braver so strong? Should I even play as Hunter anymore?, because it seems that Hunter is way less powerful than Braver.

UnLucky
Apr 5, 2014, 05:00 PM
Not like leveling Hunter is a bad investment. It's the strongest sub for every class save Force!

But yeah, Hunter is "good" in that it has viable options for all situations. It's just that Braver has better ones.

That could change in the upcoming balance patch they've only so much as teased. Everything but Braver+Gunner should get better. Or so they say.

Silver Crow
Apr 5, 2014, 05:06 PM
Not everything's about damage. The Double Saber is incredibly strong but I don't like its gameplay for example, and some do. If you like the Sword then play the Sword. Don't let what is 'strongest' decide what you play.

And UnLucky said it first, Hunter is a pretty important class. You will need it unless you're playing a Technic character.

Z-0
Apr 5, 2014, 05:10 PM
What if he wants to be the strongest though, regardless of what he likes to use?

Go Braver, you'll be more helpful in PUGs and other various quests, people will like you more for it.

HeartBreak301
Apr 5, 2014, 05:13 PM
Right now Sega hates hunters pretty bad. Outside of a sub the class really isn't that great at the moment in a competitive sense. Which really sucks because I prefer to main Hunter. But yeah, Braver has really high damage, really good area control and on top of that they warp to pretty much every target to kill it with Shunka because actually having to run to hit a target on a melee class is too hard for them or something.

I just wish that Fury Stance didn't give anything to sub classes. Unfortunately that would kill Fighter and Ranger.

SakoHaruo
Apr 5, 2014, 07:38 PM
I just wish that Fury Stance didn't give anything to sub classes. Unfortunately that would kill Fighter and Ranger.

You mean you want Hunter to only be exclusive to other melee classes, therefore, removing the Ratk from the skill and making melee Add. Bullet worst than it already is. That would also increase the Katana Braver population. I like having options, so I like things the way they are now, but I do agree that tweaks should be made..... to enemies. o3o

We're getting stronger while they continue to get weaker. That's one of the biggest problems at the moment.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2014, 08:09 PM
they warp to pretty much every target to kill it with Shunka because actually having to run to hit a target on a melee class is too hard for them or something.

Not sure if trying to be snarky, but:

1. guilty break does that too, without the retard-strength damage, though
2. without distance closing attacks, it would be VH pre zonde nerf all over again; things die before you get there (i also have a friend who does 10k+ instant ilbartas with elysion, and it can, and will only get stronger)

HeartBreak301
Apr 5, 2014, 09:09 PM
Not sure if trying to be snarky, but:

1. guilty break does that too, without the retard-strength damage, though
2. without distance closing attacks, it would be VH pre zonde nerf all over again; things die before you get there (i also have a friend who does 10k+ instant ilbartas with elysion, and it can, and will only get stronger)

Guilty Break also requires a charge that is largely dependent on your gear level and only hits one target twice (for not nearly as much damage). Shunka is better in every way. There are gap closers like Grapple Charge, and then there are gap closers that play the game for you like Shunka. I mean all you do is hold forward and watch multiple enemies get sliced in half or do a huge amount of damage to a single target. For 30PP the skill is leaps and bounds ahead of any other similar PA.

As for the things dying before you can touch them, Gunner is still tied for the most popular class for a reason. It's not necessarily broken; just much easier to play than other classes that actually require more skill or effort.

Alukard
Apr 5, 2014, 09:11 PM
idk what you guys are talking about. HUBR->BRHU

HeartBreak301
Apr 5, 2014, 09:13 PM
idk what you guys are talking about. HUBR->BRHU

It's less about the classes and more about the weapons.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2014, 09:23 PM
susano HUBR->BRHU without orochiagito

We know 8-)

suzaku0zero0
Apr 8, 2014, 08:04 PM
We know 8-)

haha so true, used to be hu/fi, until I got orichi agito, and found br/hu is a lot faster for farming.

But in terms of health, hu has a higher survival rate.. for br u need to compensate with the step skill for removing hp and a mag full of HP A/B abilities

LordKaiser
Apr 8, 2014, 08:21 PM
Hunter is a very good class. Actually I'm starting to miss it so once I max Braver, I will go and Max Hunter. Cerberus dance made the wirelance my most used weapon besides Sword and it's PAs like Over End and the partizan's PA that you throw on the enemy and crash down in light. (Forgot the name...)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2014, 08:46 PM
Hunter is a very good class. Actually I'm starting to miss it so once I max Braver, I will go and Max Hunter. Cerberus dance made the wirelance my most used weapon besides Sword and it's PAs like Over End and the partizan's PA that you throw on the enemy and crash down in light. (Forgot the name...)

Sacred skewer. The damage is lacking, it costs 35 PP, a tad slow, and it no longer has unlimited range. Only time I use it these days is on gilnas cores in VH TAs. A shame since it's unique

btw-Niji
Apr 8, 2014, 09:29 PM
Sacred skewer. The damage is lacking, it costs 35 PP, a tad slow, and it no longer has unlimited range. Only time I use it these days is on gilnas cores in VH TAs. A shame since it's unique
SS is great on Dirandals, too.

Alukard
Apr 8, 2014, 09:36 PM

Pretty good to snipe micdas on range aswell

Vetur
Apr 8, 2014, 09:38 PM
I would just play what you want to play. I don't really think it's a great idea to compete with someone else's damage when you're not PVPing or having a race.
If you just want to level fast, then maybe you could consider using a Braver to level, and then use a Hunter when you're maxed.

It's definitely not a bad investment like others say, though, since skills from Hunter class like Fury stance is really useful for almost everyone.

If Braver used a weapon I didn't like, I would be playing a hunter on my melee character more, but I really like Katanas in general.

Also I hear they might be balancing, so they might nerf braver and buff hunter, who knows.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 8, 2014, 09:40 PM

well, its no longer going to be unique at all when they come out with the meteor first PA, we already have something called satellite cannon as well :-?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2014, 09:45 PM
well, its no longer going to be unique at all when they come out with the meteor first PA, we already have something called satellite cannon as well :-?

... and the new WL PA may just serve the purpose...

I would just play what you want to play. I don't really think it's a great idea to compete with someone else's damage when you're not PVPing or having a race.
If you just want to level fast, then maybe you could consider using a Braver to level, and then use a Hunter when you're maxed.

It's definitely not a bad investment like others say, though, since skills from Hunter class like Fury stance is really useful for almost everyone.

If Braver used a weapon I didn't like, I would be playing a hunter on my melee character more, but I really like Katanas in general.

Also I hear they might be balancing, so they might nerf braver and buff hunter, who knows.

Only time shunka would even feel fair right now would be if they cut the damage by 50% at this point.

Of course that would hurt and katana using bravers not subbing HU or at least FI (lol:roll:).

Hunters could really use a tree redesign with their PA buffs.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 8, 2014, 09:49 PM
i think they just basically ran out of ideas for PAs honestly.... sega needs to be more creative, next thing you know, we'll have a PA called samurai skewer where you use a katana to do ranged namegid type damage.

edit: i actually kinda want that, it would totally defeat the purpose of the shunka nerf coming up. im already kinda hoping that the new katana over end will make the nerf look like a joke.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2014, 09:51 PM
i think they just basically ran out of ideas for PAs honestly.... sega needs to be more creative, next thing you know, we'll have a PA called samurai skewer where you use a katana to do ranged namegid type damage.

edit: i actually kinda want that, it would totally defeat the purpose of the shunka nerf coming up. im already kinda hoping that the new katana over end will make the nerf look like a joke.

New partisan PA looks like it functions just like banishing arrow.

Just throwing that out there.