PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I miss you guys

Blitzkommando
Apr 6, 2014, 12:33 AM
Every so often, I'll boot up PSOGC, and have a run through Forest again, recalling vague memories of a bygone era that a handful of you guys were part of, a decade ago. As much as I hated that point in my life, it was the place that I felt most welcome, most at home. As sad as it might seem, PSO was the video game that kept me going during that time. And, I don't regret that. I met some remarkable people, had some fantastic times, and finished high school and have moved on. If anything, I simply get occasional bouts of nostalgia for that time and fond memories of the people that I shared it with, even if we often were on different parts of the planet.

So, I dunno, maybe it would be nice to chat with some of you again I think. See where we've gone in the ensuing years.

Maybe it's because I'm listening to Day Dawns and remembering all of those hours spent chatting in the lobbies. Whatever it is, for those of you who were part of my PSO journey, thanks. You guys were what made that game so special to me and it was you guys who helped me through that time. So, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upKQkDhdVlE

Thread music, perhaps.

Uncle_bob
Apr 6, 2014, 12:55 AM
That was so long ago that I'm fairly certain everyone is dead.

Blitzkommando
Apr 6, 2014, 01:00 AM
Oh, Uncle... Whatever happened to your Mushroom house anyway?

Palle
Apr 6, 2014, 12:34 PM
'Day Dawns' was how you knew you were dealing with a class act while visiting player shops in PSU. It's one of a handful of BGM that I never tired of.

Folks seem to have an oscillating 'PSO interest cycle', but finding such a player cycle with matching interest amplitude and frequency has been a fruitless endeavor so far. I imagine, too, that perhaps for some their interest was so great those ten-odd years back that they've exhausted it entirely.

I still play PSOGC offline, in small doses between school, work, and family.

Fond memories of the adventures of that time are the real http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/dasmachtsnichts/RedBox.gif, anyway.

BIG OLAF
Apr 6, 2014, 12:38 PM
Day Dawns is just a great song. I remember sitting in the lobby in PSOBB and listening to it. I was stoked when it came out in PSU; I instantly changed my room theme and never changed it back (unless it was SONIC HEROES to annoy people).

mctastee
Apr 6, 2014, 06:37 PM
God damn, all the nostalgia. I fucking miss PSOGC and BB, but I am having a lot of fun on PSO2

ShinMaruku
Apr 6, 2014, 07:10 PM
I don't miss being on the shitlist.

Uncle_bob
Apr 8, 2014, 11:19 PM
Oh, Uncle... Whatever happened to your Mushroom house anyway?

I think it went the way of Slurpy Dog

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 9, 2014, 12:25 AM
Y'know, I actually miss that feel when my Dreamcast was dialing in to NetZero to connect to the servers. There was just all this ceremony involved in getting online that just doesn't exist, these days.

Dammit, Blitz. You've brought me back to those days. The time to which we can never return. I suppose the next best thing, will be if Sega gets its shit together and finally gets PSO2 released locally. I miss those days of goofing off in the lobby and flapping yaws about what ultimately became trivial matters.

Best time ever: Hanging out in the Episode II Pioneer 2 with Navci and a couple other peoples, drunk on saki after having a birthday dinner at an upscale teppanyaki. Good times, good times.

Sinue_v2
Apr 9, 2014, 03:58 AM
I have a guy on my Xbox Live Friend List named Pal-Rappy, who I never really talk to, but I kept him on my list just because when I first met him he was a random on Halo 2 and as soon as I saw the name I zeroed in on him and only him as my sole target. I just chased him around the map the whole time pistol whipping him and screaming profanities, demanding that he drop an Oriagito.

Uncle_bob
Apr 9, 2014, 05:31 AM
I suppose the next best thing, will be if Sega gets its shit together and finally gets PSO2 released locally.

Even if that happened the game would be horrible. I'm sure we all remember how the US version of PSU played out. :disapprove:

Sorry pals, but it's all ogre.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 9, 2014, 09:18 AM
Yet, strangely Uncle Bob, frankly I'd settle just for having PSU back.