PDA

View Full Version : You know you've been playing PSO2 for a long time when...

MimiChan
Apr 6, 2014, 05:23 AM
-My FO was a master race with Zonde
-10* was the bomb and is not tradable
-Overend everywhere.
-Fighters and there Deadly Archer spam
-Damn GU keeps on making mobs fly with Elder Rebellion

What else I missed O3O

UnLucky
Apr 6, 2014, 05:30 AM
All your friends quit at lv20 because the next area unlocked at 25.

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 6, 2014, 05:33 AM
-(in story mode when Gettemhart appears) o_O "wait, I've not seen that kind of weapon".
-Cool! my partisan is the best! Fear my Spardion!
-Another DLS? I've got 3 this week!
-It's nice that I can buy any male fashion item for just 1050 meseta ^w^

Horo The Wise Wolf
Apr 6, 2014, 05:33 AM
When 3* weapons NPC'd for 10k+ Meseta

Z-0
Apr 6, 2014, 06:15 AM
Sub-10 Lilipa was hype.

Takatsuki
Apr 6, 2014, 06:31 AM
-My FO was a master race with Zonde
-10* was the bomb and is not tradable
-Overend everywhere.
-Fighters and there Deadly Archer spam
-Damn GU keeps on making mobs fly with Elder Rebellion

What else I missed O3O

That's not a long time.

THIS is a long time.

- Dark Ragne was the hardest boss in the game
- There was only 1 Emergency Quest
- Everybody got Shop access for free.
- You could actually make money with vendor trash.
- The best weapon in the game was a 9*
- Jellen Shot was viable.
- It actually took some time to level up to 20.
- Leveling through 20 was a nightmare.
- Level cap trials required 90 of each item.
- Getting your mag required you to get drops from Rockbears.
- People would actually hang out in other people's rooms.
- The Item Tekker was on the second floor.
- Red Boxes sometimes produced vendor trash.
- Maintenance every night.
- Hunter was completely useless.

Silver Crow
Apr 6, 2014, 06:42 AM
-Damage cap of 9999
-Sleepless nights to grind levels 20-25
-Ranger was the strongest class, hitting 9999 on weakpoints
-No subclass, Hard was the only other difficulty
-EXP FULL EXP FULL EXP FULL

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 6, 2014, 06:43 AM
The game looked like THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36uKNyFTaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO-Wj5wnz18

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 6, 2014, 07:09 AM
Monomates etc. were intravenous and you had to get 10 costumes of certain type to get a rappy suit.

Kilich
Apr 6, 2014, 07:28 AM
When Sonic Arrow was one of the strongest PAs, bordering on OP, and there was 1 rare, a gunslash.

jooozek
Apr 6, 2014, 07:29 AM
when people were bitching about tigredors being too common

BIG OLAF
Apr 6, 2014, 07:31 AM
When you remember people spending 60mil or more on now obsolete weapons [that are now worth 10k].

Takatsuki
Apr 6, 2014, 07:33 AM
When you remember people spending 60mil or more on now obsolete weapons [that are now worth 10k].

I bought a Lambda Patty Lumeria for like 500k >_>
Like... no grind, no affixes... by itself <_<
500k.

Chdata
Apr 6, 2014, 07:35 AM
"I've never played games with such intense boss fights before :O"

http://.youtube.com/watch?v=qUOtW3hMi5s

Chdata - Vol Dragon Force Solo - YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=S19xloGZoyk)

notice I never bother to JA anything

Cyclon
Apr 6, 2014, 07:40 AM
When people didn't think balancing was a priority.
When the Zonde school was considered pretty bad.
When people would actually use a gunslash for melee.

Arialle
Apr 6, 2014, 07:54 AM
when B20 had proper players and ppl who knew how to make it fun the right way unlike the way it is now

Angelo
Apr 6, 2014, 08:03 AM
When you remember that the Parallel World theme was the default 'Mission Complete' theme from alpha testing.

When it was "Initiating Code: X" instead of "Emergency Code: X" and the announcer didn't sound all Engrish.

GreenArcher
Apr 6, 2014, 08:04 AM
When grinding my Tigredor to +10 took over 500 grinders, and those grinders cost over 10k each.

Takatsuki
Apr 6, 2014, 08:14 AM
When people didn't think balancing was a priority.
When people would actually use a gunslash for melee.

Since when was Gunslash EVER viable for melee? I played HU since closed beta and they always felt totally useless to me.

Angelo
Apr 6, 2014, 08:14 AM
When people thought Hunter was going to be OP because they could dash without a cooldown.

wefwq
Apr 6, 2014, 08:25 AM
- *9 Stuff still sells for mad money
- There is no subclass
- MPA still a thing
- Everybody running around in the cave until hit level 40
- There is no level cap bonus
- Only 1 EQ and is NOT SCHEDULLED
- You got to wait for forest banther EQ to finish CO SP.
- Leveling like mad in lilipa tunnel because exp curve was crazy
- Free exploration MPA are really easy to find
- Junk weapon still makes money if you vendor those
- Gunslash are a good weapon
- Ranger are strong
- People do falz arm for fun, not just for exp.
- There is no scheduled EQ at all. You gotta wait for it by yourself.
- Many CO require tons of item in order to complete it.
- TACO still not a thing and niche.
- Vraolet and Spardion.
- Shout everytime you encounter dark ragne solo because it gonna kill you.
- Overend still a thing and used by everyone.

- Vol dragon murder everyone with koffie CO.

Dnd
Apr 6, 2014, 09:07 AM
You remember actually enjoying the random nature of codes in free fields and stuff like this happening was scary and awesome fun
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img23/7923/2k8l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shinamori
Apr 6, 2014, 09:27 AM
When you find yourself duo or quad dashing to your kitchen.

Inazuma
Apr 6, 2014, 09:51 AM
When you find yourself duo or quad dashing to your kitchen.

This is the only post in this thread that did it right. Everyone else including the OP got it wrong.

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2014, 09:58 AM
When you block out any and all english media in favor of learning a language spoken primarily by a country on the opposite side of the planet.

This is the only post in this thread that did it right. Everyone else including the OP got it wrong.

Oh cool you must have a manual for the internet, I've been looking for one of those so I can quote made up rules and regulations at people too (Like japanese players being infallible, I need to find the section that covers that).

Z-0
Apr 6, 2014, 10:06 AM
Not exactly.

His response is the answer to "You've know you've been doing X too much when...", not "You know you've been doing X for a long time when...".

BIG OLAF
Apr 6, 2014, 10:06 AM

Wait, wasn't the lightning tree on FO always hailed as Jesus on Wheels?

Or did the fire tree gain popularity before that?

When you block out any and all english media in favor of learning a language spoken primarily by a country on the opposite side of the planet.

Isn't that just called "being a psychopath?"

Z-0
Apr 6, 2014, 10:07 AM
Or did the fire tree gain popularity before that?
Early game (before VH), fire tree was king because Rafoie was the most OP tech (strongest fire tech, cast fast, decent AoE, infinite range, etc.).

After VH though, Zonde got a buff at some point and everyone loved lightning. Don't remember if Zonde got buffed at 11+ or not, but it probably did.

Dnd
Apr 6, 2014, 10:14 AM
Early game (before VH), fire tree was king because Rafoie was the most OP tech (strongest fire tech, cast fast, decent AoE, infinite range, etc.).

After VH though, Zonde got a buff at some point and everyone loved lightning. Don't remember if Zonde got buffed at 11+ or not, but it probably did.

Rafoie didn't get a power jump at all from lv10 -> lv14, Foie got a small boost however.

zonde went from 262 -> 354 from lv10 -> lv14, factor in zondes crazy damage multiplier (Which they nerfed) and you have everyone spamming it :c

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2014, 10:27 AM
It was much more than just that, though. That was when AQs came out, and lightning's biggest limitation at launch was that it was only any good in desert against machines (ice was bad for a similar reason, amongst others). Fire was useful everywhere, in every quest, since naberius natives were weak to it and so was every single darker, plus every enemy with a boost point had a weakness to it.

But fire's limitation was being PP inefficient. It wasn't great in bursts. Nailing boost points was a chore with the more PP-efficient fire techs, or impossible if the target was far enough away or obscured by another enemy.

Zonde's damage gets buffed, it hits from the top down, and it gets an extra AOE hitbox on the ground. Its PP cost is also reduced. Subclassing exists by this point, meaning players are able to go fo/te and use PP. Zonde suddenly hits from the top-down, its most PP-efficient tech has the best damage, and it has a very long maximum range. AQs had increased boost rate with higher risk, and boost points tend to be on top of enemies. Darkers weak to lightning have been released by this point. Do the math.

Lostbob117
Apr 6, 2014, 11:44 AM
When clothing was 40k.

Macman
Apr 6, 2014, 12:39 PM
You know you've been playing PSO2 for a long time when a friend shows you this from the UI files:
http://puu.sh/7Xwyb.png
And your first reaction is "That doesn't really outdo rainbow in the 'this is special' visual category."

Daiyousei
Apr 6, 2014, 12:39 PM
when meseta was hard to come by and things were usually aren't as inflated as it is now.

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2014, 12:51 PM
You know you've been playing PSO2 for a long time when a friend shows you this from the UI files:
http://puu.sh/7Xwyb.png
And your first reaction is "That doesn't really outdo rainbow in the 'this is special' visual category."

Oh, they have something lined up for 16*s? I didn't even know.

Yeah, that'll finish off the ten years at the rate we're going then. I was wondering about that.

Daiyousei
Apr 6, 2014, 12:54 PM

Yeah, that'll finish off the ten years at the rate we're going then. I was wondering about that.

You can search for weapon/unit passes up to 15 for a while ago, they fixed that now.

So yea, they have placeholders.

Scale of Judgment
Apr 6, 2014, 01:46 PM
- When gunslash was the secondary weapon for Forces.
- Who uses talis?
- Need a Wedding Dress now!
- Catedran farming for Character Co...
- Hey City EQ, now we can do our Ragne CO for the 5sp quest!
- Forest EQ was the only quest to do Fangs...
- Only 3 Free missions
- No Friend Cards
- Block 7-8 were the in crowd...

EvilMag
Apr 6, 2014, 01:59 PM
Wait what the fuck is with the exp from 41+ onwards? What the living fuck Sega?

Macman
Apr 6, 2014, 02:49 PM

Sometimes I wonder how far ahead their WIP builds go compared to the release builds. What if they already have stuff lined up to level 100 in their testing phases?

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2014, 02:53 PM
Based on the way they've added content and the kinds of skills they've added to classes, I'm convinced they have a very long list of potential content to be added and just shotgun it every time something isn't being used enough.

I'm sure Combat Escape was part of Katana Combat's original concept, and they put it on a skill instead of making it part of Katana Combat itself. When they launched Braver they didn't want it to be too powerful, so they stripped it and other skills off of the skilltree when it launched. I'm sure there were other skills, like Finish Stun and stuff Chase Combat and stuff. They released it and some of the other potential tweaks when players whined.

Which is how Braver got to be where it is. Other classes have exhausted chunks of their ideas list, but the list is probably fairly long for every class. All it takes to fill up a list is a paid brainstorming session.

ShinMaruku
Apr 6, 2014, 03:03 PM
When you spend more time on the forum than the game.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 6, 2014, 03:06 PM
The game looked like THIS!

Phantasy Star Online 2 Alpha Test 2 - Forest Quest #1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36uKNyFTaA)

Phantasy Star Online 2 Alpha Test 2 - Caves Quest #1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO-Wj5wnz18)

somehow the old lobby looks better imo.... O__O

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2014, 03:08 PM
somehow the old lobby looks better imo.... O__O

That's pretty much everyone's opinion, but they wanted something larger and more open for players to spread out in.

Then they put in one single dudu and two counters, in one area, next to the only class changer/skillpoint spender.

Whoops.

Sanguine2009
Apr 6, 2014, 03:17 PM
when you remember grinding marlu's friendship for the only source of grants and gigrants disks(which were really good at the time)
when you remember force as rafoie spam - the game
when you remember people freaking out when ragne spawn
when you remember people using traps- even if just to test them

Macman
Apr 6, 2014, 03:22 PM
That's pretty much everyone's opinion, but they wanted something larger and more open for players to spread out in.

Then they put in one single dudu and two counters, in one area, next to the only class changer/skillpoint spender.

Whoops.
Quest counter access from anywhere in the lobby would be nice. Dealing with that massive spam crowd around Rebecca during EQs is awful.

And I can't tell you how many times a sudden frameskip from loading a group of player models at once while in Dudu's menu caused me to not use a +1. Though it seems half of the time that happens, it's inconsequential and I saved that +1 from being used on a success. :wacko:

Zettabyte
Apr 6, 2014, 03:26 PM
- When nobody understood how Mag evolutions worked.
- When the time limits on the new-area-opening COs were ridiculously hard.
- When Vol Dragon was the hardest boss (as a Hunter, anyway).
- When Urban Mop-Up Operation was still a thing people played (;_; I miss that EQ...).
- When a Duel was always a Dark Ragne, and almost always resulted in a Change-Over Ragne.
- When OVER END OVER END OVER END
- When you actually got to hear the different versions of the Falz Arm battle theme, instead of one battle of Version 1 and the rest Version 4.

Zipzo
Apr 6, 2014, 03:38 PM
Anyone remember how runnin missions, selling items you picked up to vendors, and collecting meseta actually made you money?

I still don't know why they destroyed that. I actually felt like I could reasonably "farm" cash at any point in time by running missions or MPAs of any variety. New players these days have to basically run TAs until they're bored as hell of them, and live off of random rare finds that actually sell for decent coin.

It just felt more immersive and "MMO"ey, I guess, that you actually had the option to farm for your money.

No, Mr. Mesetan doesn't count.

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2014, 03:40 PM
Anyone remember how runnin missions, selling items you picked up to vendors, and collecting meseta actually made you money?

I still don't know why they destroyed that.
But you just said why...

I actually felt like I could reasonably "farm" cash at any point in time by running missions or MPAs of any variety. New players these days have to basically run TAs until they're bored as hell of them, and live off of random rare finds that actually sell for decent coin.
They did it because a frustrated player is more likely to buy a shop pass!

Zipzo
Apr 6, 2014, 03:44 PM
But you just said why...

They did it because a frustrated player is more likely to buy a shop pass!

Even as a premium player who is unaffected either way, it's super unfortunate that I fully realize this.

Even though F2P games need ways to get money from you, it just feels tacky when they have it so out in the open in ways that make it seem like they are *trying* to be subtle and failing.

Mysterious-G
Apr 6, 2014, 03:57 PM
Now I miss the goddamn old lobby again. The one we got eventually was designed by a 5th grader. Seriously. *rubs temples*

-When you remember people playing the class they enjoyed most, not discussing dps per second at every occasion.

tuxdude143
Apr 6, 2014, 04:01 PM
You spend a whole Saturday playing nothing but pso2 (which is what I did on Saturday)

Chdata
Apr 6, 2014, 04:40 PM
Not exactly.

His response is the answer to "You've know you've been doing X too much when...", not "You know you've been doing X for a long time when...".

when you partake in a forum where people argue about the stupidest things

Vent
Apr 6, 2014, 04:44 PM
Anyone remember the infinite rappy spawn glitch with Code:Collect? Back when grinders were worth 20k each?

Misaki Ki
Apr 6, 2014, 05:07 PM
^ lol, yes.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/U9WpVih.jpg[/spoiler-box]

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2014, 05:09 PM
Ha ha ha, 20k grinders. That's something I don't miss.

Not because of the cost to grind things, because of people saying expensive grinders made grinding a better meseta sink. Yes, all of that meseta you send to other players sure did disappear from the game...oh no it didn't.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 6, 2014, 06:26 PM
Ha ha ha, 20k grinders. That's something I don't miss.

Not because of the cost to grind things, because of people saying expensive grinders made grinding a better meseta sink. Yes, all of that meseta you send to other players sure did disappear from the game...oh no it didn't.

lol

I miss expensive grinders for making money off of people.

SakoHaruo
Apr 6, 2014, 06:41 PM
When you accept the game for what it is and try to defend the pile of shit that is PSO2.

When you learn about there being a hardcore community in one of the most casual games ever made.

When you find out you're not weebo/otaku enough.

Gen2000
Apr 6, 2014, 07:35 PM
When getting into MPA games where "players" were killing the whole map in one spot was kind of common.

When every other lobby was filled with "players" named "Ad6924p", "Bjkf43935, "Oqpjmcimwxk", etc, and such.

When people thought Traps was good because of that one random Weak Bullet+Trap Ragne killing video.

When HU players shed tears because FO and RAs Rafoie/Launcher PA spam everything to oblivion before they got in range.

When that level gap between lv.20-30 was a major chore. Lost a lot of potential friends during this period. Koffee COs gave no exp. Newcomers have it made nowadays.

When TAs actually had a more strict TA like requirement for getting Srank.

That Tunnels Arks Quest with the Protection Code in the end being annoying as hell if you brought NPCs because they could actually damage the Lilipa bunny thing. FO NPCs? Forget about it. He got destroyed shortly after the code came up. "Just run away from the code after it starts", oh the days of old.

BIG OLAF
Apr 6, 2014, 07:38 PM
When that level gap between lv.20-30 was a major chore. Lost a lot of potential friends during this period. Koffee COs gave no exp. Newcomers have it made nowadays.

It's like that in a lot of games. The further along a game is, the easier and more accessible it is for newbies (though, some games completely go the opposite way).

God, I remember that, towards the end of PSUs lifetime, making a new character and getting to the Lv. 180 cap took literally two or three days, if that. Then, veterans like my friends and I would shake our walking canes at new players and tell them horror stories about how getting to Lv. 20 originally took two or three months.

Lostbob117
Apr 6, 2014, 07:40 PM
Remember when Zanba was like the best Sword?

pkemr4
Apr 6, 2014, 07:58 PM
Remember when Team Code wasnt full of players with shit gear and extended shit?
Remember when B20 wasnt invading B10-11 fucking up runs?

Macman
Apr 6, 2014, 08:42 PM
Yes, all of that meseta you send to other players sure did disappear from the game...oh no it didn't.
5% of it did! :wacko:

EvilMag
Apr 6, 2014, 08:51 PM
I remember I went fast in the lobby once cause someone used speed hacks in the lobby on everyone.

Closet thing ever to being Sanic.

Sparzyle
Apr 6, 2014, 09:29 PM
I miss the datamining 7:

Daiyousei
Apr 6, 2014, 10:25 PM
there's still datamining going on, it's just pretty subtle now and not talked about as much.