PDA

View Full Version : Will fusion weapon improve the game balance?

suzaku0zero0
Apr 6, 2014, 08:50 PM
We have weapons like Coat Edge, which are multi class which have PAs pf one class of weapons and can boost tech damage.

would expanding weapoms of this nature improve the balnce of the game?

What if pso2 implemented weapons that can do PAs of 2 weapons?

E,g. 1 = a sword, only equitable by HU or RA, can use sword and launcher PAs
E,g. 2 = a knuckle, only equitable by FI or Gu, can use knuckles and twin gun PAs
E,g. 3 = a katana, only equitable by Br or Fo or Te, can use katana PAs and tec

Ur thoughts of if it will make the game more balanced? Make the game more fun? Possible weapons?

Ps, above examples are from RWBY: Ruby scyth, Yang knuckles, Weiss katana

nathanielzor
Apr 6, 2014, 09:16 PM
Sorry, but this is in my opinion probably the worst idea I've heard all day. What would even be the point of having different classes, different weapon types for that matter. The only thing that is going to balance this game is them fixing skill trees. There's also a ton of reasons why this isn't possible, period. It breaks all the laws of the game's class system.

Also you can use a Katana and Techs. Susano for example actually has some T-ATK on it and is Equippable by FOs.

XbikXBd
Apr 6, 2014, 10:25 PM
We have weapons like Coat Edge, which are multi class which have PAs pf one class of weapons and can boost tech damage.

would expanding weapoms of this nature improve the balnce of the game?

What if pso2 implemented weapons that can do PAs of 2 weapons?

E,g. 1 = a sword, only equitable by HU or RA, can use sword and launcher PAs
E,g. 2 = a knuckle, only equitable by FI or Gu, can use knuckles and twin gun PAs
E,g. 3 = a katana, only equitable by Br or Fo or Te, can use katana PAs and tec

Ur thoughts of if it will make the game more balanced? Make the game more fun? Possible weapons?

Ps, above examples are from RWBY: Ruby scyth, Yang knuckles, Weiss katana

It could work they did something like that is PSU were weps had the same skin but were different wep classes. the idea sounds lieke something they had in mind early on just never went trough with it.

UnLucky
Apr 6, 2014, 10:31 PM
Well there's camo that works for multiple weapon types.

But it would be really weird. Like would these be really strong all-class weapons? We already have that, so you could just switch to one of those.

And you'd still need to have the right subclass to enable the PAs. Weapon Gears and shift actions would be all mixed up, too.

Aslani
Apr 6, 2014, 10:50 PM
use a gunslash if you want a fusion weapon. there'd be no sense at all in what you're implying, it'd literally break the entire game.

Zorafim
Apr 6, 2014, 11:02 PM
The hell are you guys talking about? A weapon that has two attack styles? This idea is awesome!

Take the super hard blades thing as an example. One second, you're doing the dagger floaty combo thing, and do a symphonic drive. Then knocking yourself away, you do a Cerberus dance. Or one of those sword partisans which can mix overend into your slide end spam. Or a double saber you can slide end with~

Or hell, weapons of different classes which you could only get the full benefit from if you spec'd those two classes. A partisan that doubles as a launcher, or pair of daggers that shoots a machinegun blast.

We kinda already have this with spell weapons. They aren't nearly as good as actual tech weapons, but you can still put out some damage with techs (shame actually trying this lowers your damage considerably). I think it'd be cool if they implement this idea. Already, it's lame you need multiclass weapons just to benefit from some subclasses.

edit: Oh, this topic's about game balance. That makes more sense now. No, adding more complexity will make balance worse.

Stickboy
Apr 6, 2014, 11:41 PM
vibras bow with tech
brauvint with tech
coat edge with tech

i used vibras bow with tech, shoot to farm PP, and use tech. sadly it's pretty hard to actually use tech with subpallete on controller

Yaiko
Apr 6, 2014, 11:49 PM
This thread just gave me cancerururururu...Thou is to blame for such monstrous act.

Zorafim
Apr 7, 2014, 12:01 AM
I'm sorry for causing all that cancer. I was on a roll.

Also, don't bows give terrible PP?

UnLucky
Apr 7, 2014, 12:05 AM
It's pretty good with Rapid Shoot (but pretty terrible without)

But I dunno, I feel like this kind of thing would either be entirely pointless, or completely broken.

Most I'd do is make a single PA usable on the 'wrong' weapon to make it interesting.

schnee4
Apr 7, 2014, 01:54 AM
zero IQ zaku the dragon cancer
some thing are best keep to your small brain