PDA

View Full Version : 4/9 update pas (and Il Megid)

Pages : [1] 2

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 05:43 AM
Kaiser Rise: Sacred skewer for WL

Metor Fist: RNG the PA (dat hand of god tho)

Cosmos Break: Slow as fuck, can't attack while it's moving or going off, but it homes, has a massive AoE, stun locks, and does a ton of damage. Might be good for PSE bursts or AQs

Il Megid: Homes, doesn't break on contact with scenery, and hits multiple enemies, or enemies multiple times if it comes around enough. I have yet to see what it does to bosses, but I like it so far. :U

What do you guys think of them?

Lostbob117
Apr 9, 2014, 05:53 AM
The Wired Lance one looks interesting. The Launcher one is going to fill up us melee players screens.

Misaki Ki
Apr 9, 2014, 05:56 AM
RNG fist?

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 05:57 AM
The Launcher one is going to fill up us melee players screens.Yeah, this might be troublesome. D:

RNG fist?
You get a random effect from it, charging it just increases your chance of not getting the shit one, but you still can.

EDIT: You can shoot and stuff during Cosmos breaker if you dodge roll. Apparently it just has a REALLY long animation on your character.

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 06:06 AM
^ Edit: ninja'd.
You can roll out of Cosmo Breaker and then attack.
Not sure if that affects the homing.
Weird mechanics.

Xaeris
Apr 9, 2014, 06:07 AM
I'm disappointed in RNG fist. Even at full gear and charge, the best result is much too rare.

Sacrificial
Apr 9, 2014, 06:07 AM
Don't worry about cosmos breaker. It sucks and i say that as main ranger. Like all pa's (except flame bullet) it breaks standing sniper. It doesn't detonate on contact and so you have to wait until it is finishes. In that time you could have spammed other AoE's.

Even if you shoot it at the ground ere it detonates on contact you still have to wait the full amount of time before you can do anything else.

ok you can roll out of it but to do that everytime........

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 06:09 AM
It doesn't detonate on contact and so you have to wait until it is finishes. In that time you could have spammed other AoE's.It does explode on contact. ._. I've been using it at point blank.

Even if you shoot it at the ground ere it detonates on contact you still have to wait the full amount of time before you can do anything else.see previous comments

Misaki Ki
Apr 9, 2014, 06:09 AM
I'm disappointed in RNG fist. Even at full gear and charge, the best result is much too rare.

Good, that's the only name for it I'll accept.

I enjoy it myself, but more RNG is a bit yuck. FI doesn't need it of all classes.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 06:14 AM
I enjoy it myself, but more RNG is a bit yuck. FI doesn't need it of all classes.
That's how I feel too. It's good when it works, but when it doesn't, it's like dropping a ball of wet tissue on enemies. :/

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 06:15 AM
Sometimes Cosmo Breaker just vanishes without going off.
The projectile literally disappears.

Any idea what the hell is going on with that?

Misaki Ki
Apr 9, 2014, 06:16 AM
Seems like RNG fist has super armor when you're 'casting' it (not charging.) Couldn't be grabbed, or knocked over.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 06:20 AM

Any idea what the hell is going on with that?Are you switching weapons? That made it dissappear for me.

Seems like RNG fist has super armor when you're 'casting' it (not charging.) Couldn't be grabbed, or knocked over.That MIIIGHT be useful. If you could only get the multifist and hand of god while it was charged I'd consider it worth it honestly. But I got the weak one twice in a row once. :I

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2014, 06:22 AM

Any idea what the hell is going on with that?

Please don't tell me it poofs if the homing target dies.

TaigaUC
Can't fire two Cosmo Breakers at once, second projectile cancels out the first.
Hits hard (pretty much kills most SH trash in one explosion).
I've seen the projectile blow up seemingly by itself before it should.
Obscures vision, as previously described.

If you don't cancel it, you can wait until the animation is over and then Just Attack.
The animation keeps playing even if the projectile detonates immediately.

^
I didn't change weapons, I started Nab2, fired it at point blank at an enemy and it vanished.
Not sure if it was because I fired one beforehand. Still testing right now.
Projectile does not vanish when locked target dies.

Haven't tested how the lock-on works yet.

It's really slow as fk. Even just firing it takes around 2-3 seconds.
Ought to rename this to Cosmo Molasses.

jooozek
and still only 2 fucking vita aq blocks
tried getting into either for 15 minutes with no fucking luck
premium is so fucking worthless

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I just had Cosmo Breaker vanish by itself 2-3 times in a row.
Still can't figure out why that's happening. Seems to happen if I fire at some enemies at point blank.
When it happens, you still get locked in that long animation, too.

It's difficult to see anything if you're caught anywhere near the center of the explosion.
I tried WBing and then Cosmo Breaking Fang Banther. The homing missed the WB'd head.
Probably hard to hit WB with such an imprecise hit box.

mommy_cornelia
Apr 9, 2014, 06:37 AM
Love the new Kaiser Rise PA for the WL. Its pretty nice to be able to kill enemies from a safe distance. :D

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 06:37 AM
It might be from being too close. I think I've had this happen with bow PAs before.

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 06:43 AM
Okay, if you fire a Cosmo Breaker at the sky and then lock onto an enemy, it won't change course.
Doesn't matter if you do it during the long animation or not.

Edit: Finally managed to get a Cosmo Breaker to hit a WB'd Fang Banshee in the face (had to be dead on). 26k damage repeatedly, until WB ran out, then 9k or something.

Edit2: I think I figured out why Cosmo Breaker vanishes. If your target moves "behind" you (or very close) as you fire it, the projectile doesn't know how to home in and kills itself.
Probably shitty homing code returning a null value or something.
The issue doesn't occur at a distance because it'll try to turn around slowly, but if the target is literally directly behind the projectile, it cancels itself.
If true, I can imagine the same issue occuring with Master Shoot.

Edit3: You don't regen PP while stuck in the animation.
Methinks Cosmo Breaker is probably most useful for firing at the floor.

Edit4: I was going to say, maybe Cosmo Breaker would be useful on Friend Partners... then I remembered that non-casters spend 95% of their time spamming regular attacks.

Rakurai
Apr 9, 2014, 07:02 AM
Cosmo Breaker would be more useful if it traveled faster and it could be detonated reliably.

Sometimes, I'm just not able to detonate it for some reason.

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 07:03 AM
Cosmo Breaker would also be more useful if it didn't vanish at point blank and put you in a stuck state for like 6 seconds.
What's the point in a slow homing projectile if it vanishes when you switch weapons or fire another shot? SEGA!!

WildarmsRE5
Apr 9, 2014, 07:11 AM
*SEGA allows us to fire more than one Cosmos Breaker*

*WBs, Fires Cosmos Breaker, Boss dies due to excessive intake of Cosmos breaker within seconds*

*Nerfs, only allows one shot*

I can see that hapenning.

like, how much more damage I can do when its lvl 16 and proper element and latent? this would get all the shunka bravers to cosmos rangers.

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 07:13 AM
Takes forever for a single Cosmo Breaker to come out and hit something, and it's hard to be precise with it.

That will likely change when they speed Ranger up, though.
So maybe Cosmo Breaker will be more useful in two weeks...

WildarmsRE5
Apr 9, 2014, 07:19 AM
Takes forever for a single Cosmo Breaker to come out and hit something, and it's hard to be precise with it.

That will likely change when they speed Ranger up, though.
So maybe Cosmo Breaker will be more useful in two weeks...and yeah, just imagine IF you CAN fire more than one shot, it'd be pretty broken right? I mean, some of the bullets SHOULD hit. so I kinda get why they limited it to 1 shot.

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 07:31 AM
Messing around with Meteor Fist now.
Haha. The projectile is literally a big fist.

It's kinda weird. The initial animation is about as slow as activating a stance. You can turn around while doing that.
Each fist hits for around 2k damage on each hit (rank 1 Fi65/Hu60, 1879 SATK not wearing my SATK units).
The fists seem to have decent AOE range.
It seems to randomly dump either 1 or 5 fists. I thought it was linked to Knuckles Gear, but it often only has 1 fist even with gear at 3.
It also randomly has around 5 fists at gear 2. I cannot figure out how it works.

If you have a target locked on, it will dump the fists on the target.
If you don't have a target locked on, it will dump the fists in front of you, or on the enemy you're facing.
The location the fist comes down is based on where you're facing when the fist comes down, not when you use it.
That means, if you use it on enemies in front of you and then hold down to walk away (towards the camera) or dodge backwards, the fists will land behind your camera.
Or if you use it, and then dodge left without a locked-on target, the projectiles will land to the left.

Note that if you use it in the air, it doesn't nullify gravity - you will just drop to the floor and finish the "fist pump" startup animation on the ground.
The projectile also connects with locked-on targets as long as they're locked-on.

AsinineWaffle
Apr 9, 2014, 07:36 AM
I don't know if this is already known or not.

But I noticed that you can move but you're unable to jump while casting Il Megid.
Outside of that I like what I've seen of this tech so far.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 07:43 AM
I don't know if this is already known or not.

But I noticed that you can move but you're unable to jump while casting Il Megid.
Outside of that I like what I've seen of this tech so far.I don't know what you're talking about. I can jump just fine. ._.

Messing around with Meteor Fist now.
Haha. The projectile is literally a big fist.

It's kinda weird. The initial animation is about as slow as activating a stance. You can turn around while doing that.
Each fist hits for around 2k damage on each hit (rank 1 Fi65/Hu60, 1879 SATK not wearing my SATK units).
The fists seem to have decent AOE range.
It seems to randomly dump either 1 or 5 fists. I thought it was linked to Knuckles Gear, but it often only has 1 fist even with gear at maximum.

If you have a target locked on, it will dump the fists on the target.
If you don't have a target locked on, it will dump the fists in front of you, or on the enemy you're facing.
The location the fist comes down is based on where you're facing when the fist comes down, not when you use it.
That means, if you use it on enemies in front of you and then hold down to walk away (towards the camera) or dodge backwards, the fists will land behind your camera.

Note that if you use it in the air, it doesn't nullify gravity - you will just drop to the floor and finish the "fist pump" startup animation on the ground.It has 3 different types, theres a weak single fist, a barrage of small fists, and the one I've been calling the hand of god that's one huge fist that does namegid damage. They're random, charging it gives you a better chance of getting a better attack, but it's still random. It might be based on your gear level as well but I dunno :/ The weak fist seems rare enough to make it worth using though.
Based on what I've seen the rarity seems to be, from most to least common, multi fist>single fist> hand of god

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 07:45 AM
Ah. Didn't notice the difference between small fist and big fist.
So that's the RNG people were talking about (sorry, only glanced at those posts).

What a stupid mechanic.

Sanguine2009
Apr 9, 2014, 07:48 AM
so rng fist is dudu the PA? if we ever get dudu as a boss i can see him spaming the max level rng fist

Sacrificial
Apr 9, 2014, 07:49 AM
like i said. its a shitty PA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmZeHaYm2iw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmZeHaYm2iw
no idea why quality is so bad

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 07:49 AM
The rng isn't THAT bad, at least the most common one is the middle one instead of the weak one. The hand of god needs to be more common though. :I

and yeah, just imagine IF you CAN fire more than one shot, it'd be pretty broken right? I mean, some of the bullets SHOULD hit. so I kinda get why they limited it to 1 shot.You can still use other PAs, so it's not so bad. And I think you can fire another one while one is detonating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmZeHaYm2iw
Not sure if serious.

AsinineWaffle
Apr 9, 2014, 07:55 AM
I was wrong clearly on that jumping thing. For the first time my keyboard decided to behave strange when Shift was pushed. I apologize.

Anywho, Il Megid against normal mobs seems fairly good but against bosses though I'm not really thrilled with it.

HIT0SHI
Apr 9, 2014, 07:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmZeHaYm2iw

Actually that looks OP as fuck.... 20k per hit and that was like 8 hits per PA?
EDIT: I mean yeah WB and the face being the weak spot BUT STILL!

Can it hit multiple mobs at once? Seems awesome for mob clearing a la Heel Stab or even Shift Period judging from this vid.

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 07:58 AM
I just think that if you're aiming for a specific desired purpose, having RNG pick a wide variation that leads to completely different results is pretty irritating and unreliable.

Yes, Cosmo Breaker seems good for large collected groups (eg. Super Hard enemies running at your face, Goldradas humping a tower).
Just aim at the floor or something, and they all die. Well, Goldradas probably won't.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 08:04 AM
I just think that if you're aiming for a specific desired purpose, having RNG pick a wide variation that leads to completely different results is pretty irritating and unreliable.Oh, yeah, If you're doing something where every hit counts then it's pretty bad. It's got a lot of range though, so I guess it can do damage when you can't reach stuff, or when you wanna snipe something.

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 08:06 AM
Might've been useful for TA switches if the multi-fist was reliable.
That better not have been their primary reason for randomizing it.
Inb4 faster Fighter TA times that get lucky with Meteo Fist.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 08:10 AM
Might've been useful for TA switches if the multi-fist was reliable.
That better not have been their primary reason for randomizing it.
Inb4 faster Fighter TA times that get lucky with Meteo Fist.I think they randomized it because they couldn't find any other way to balance the damage on the super fist while still letting it have that range and speed. I would have prefered if they did something like satelite cannon and just let each chage stage determine which fist you get, with the transition from the multi fist to hand of god being really long or something.

Inazuma
Apr 9, 2014, 08:13 AM
Looks like Il Megido is better charged than uncharged. Very disappointed. The movements seem completely random, and 35 PP cost is high too.

Negatives aside, it does seem to be pretty strong. I bet if you used a lv 16 Il Megido from the new dark rod or a talis, it would be decent.

If I'm doing an area with a boss weak to dark, I want to use Elysion Namegido. But then I have nothing good to use on small fry. Sazan is weak because I'm using a dark tree, and the PP cost on usable ice techs is too high. I was really hoping Il Megido would solve this problem by being good uncharged and have a low PP cost. Even if we get a PP reduction recipe soon, it won't solve this problem.

However, if we get a PP reduction recipe for Il Barta, it will solve this problem, so let's hope.

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 08:13 AM
Yeah. I hate charge stuff on fast melee, though.
Maybe if they just had super fist and multi fist. Something controllable, at least.

@Inazuma
Thanks for the heads up on Il Megid. Haven't tried it myself.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 08:17 AM
The movements seem completely random, and 35 PP cost is high too.
It goes from enemy to enemy. If there's only one enemy then it loops around and tries to hit them again, but it won't try to hit the same enemy more than once in a row if there's more from what I can see. It's not very good against a single target unless they're big.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2014, 08:18 AM
Sounds like it'd be spectacular in a boss room.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 08:22 AM
Sounds like it'd be spectacular in a boss room.It's like a cross between Megid and Gizonde.

Also it doesn't break when it hits terrain, and that's what I REALLY love about it.

Sacrificial
Apr 9, 2014, 08:22 AM
Can it hit multiple mobs at once?

It can hit any target that touches the blue ball and it damages the spot closest to the outer layer. Thats why you see the damage shift from 19k to 1k in the vid and back again.

HIT0SHI
Apr 9, 2014, 08:26 AM
It can hit any target that touches the blue ball and it damages the spot closest to the outer layer. Thats why you see the damage shift from 19k to 1k in the vid and back again.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet~! Thanks for the preview!

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 08:53 AM
Time to try out Cosmo in TD. Will probably be effective on spawn points.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 9, 2014, 09:06 AM
Has anyone figured out the damage value of the new WL PA? I can't seem to find anything.

Shinamori
Apr 9, 2014, 09:29 AM
Dunno, but meteor fist is good on quartz.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 09:31 AM
Dunno, but meteor fist is good on quartz.Well it's not bad. Just unreliable in situations where you need one of the hit types specifically. It's not like Satelite aim, where it's just a matter of charging slightly longer.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2014, 09:32 AM
Oh man, I didn't even think of quartz. Finally, fighter has something to reliably and easily break quartz wings that isn't daggers or lolhu weapons.

Sacrificial
Apr 9, 2014, 09:48 AM
Time to try out Cosmo in TD. Will probably be effective on spawn points.

EDIT: I forgot the: NOT part.....

It was NOT really effective were i played >.<

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 09:59 AM
How did you go about using it?
I didn't have much luck with it.
Mostly because my groups were either too terrible or too good.

Remz69
Apr 9, 2014, 11:57 AM
been messing with RNG fist a bit

the good roll is 3.5 times BHS's damage but is absolutely not reliable at all, you're not even talking about possibly trying your luck with it even full gear and charged

so what you end up with is:

a slightly more damaging sacred skewer which doesn't require charging the f-in partisan gear and cost 5 less pp but can fail and you can't look away from the target till it hits and has slightly less AoE and the start up is slower even at ful gear

basically worthless, and could be even worse when partisan gear gets easier to charge as Hu/Fi

ShinMaruku
Apr 9, 2014, 12:05 PM
So Il megid is good for mobbing?

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2014, 12:07 PM
So Il megid is good for mobbing?It's ok. If you're already running a dark tree for something then you finally have a good AoE tech at the very least.

EDIT: Also, forget aiming it at anything. It's an independant black hand who don't need no force, and it just goes after whatever is closesed to it's last target.

ShinMaruku
Apr 9, 2014, 12:09 PM
I do have a dark tree :) It's why I was interested.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2014, 12:15 PM
been messing with RNG fist a bit

the good roll is 3.5 times BHS's damage but is absolutely not reliable at all, you're not even talking about possibly trying your luck with it even full gear and charged

so what you end up with is:

a slightly more damaging sacred skewer which doesn't require charging the f-in partisan gear and cost 5 less pp but can fail and you can't look away from the target till it hits and has slightly less AoE and the start up is slower even at ful gear

basically worthless, and could be even worse when partisan gear gets easier to charge as Hu/Fi

So it's sacred skewer where you have to roll a 20.

Daiyousei
Apr 9, 2014, 12:31 PM
Roll to confirm critical!

Aine
Apr 9, 2014, 12:31 PM
So it's sacred skewer where you have to roll a 20.

if you used it on a WBed boss it'd be Finger of Death

ChinaSue
Apr 9, 2014, 01:19 PM
So Il megid is good for mobbing?

Yes, it's good.

The damage is great, it autoaims, and it moves fast. The only downsides I see to it is that it costs a lot (35 PP), isn't very elysion-friendly, and it can accidentally kill goronzoran if you are wanting to kill the boss room trash.

Aine
Apr 9, 2014, 04:18 PM
so i just tested Kaiser Rise in ruins SHAQ as a BrHu and guess what

melee can exit burst properly now
awww yeah

Friyn
Apr 9, 2014, 04:31 PM
so i just tested Kaiser Rise in ruins SHAQ as a BrHu and guess what

melee can exit burst properly now
awww yeah

Works with Meteor Fist also. I'm yet to test out WL PA in action, because I cannot afford to get decent pair of 11* Lances at the momemt, but it's definitely on my to do list. Other Spin into Kaiser should work wonders, right?

To me it feels like this was SEGA's solution to mobbing problems with melee classes. Monsters died before you could even JA your PA, if you had Gunner or even Force in the group.
Most likely Meteor Fist was never meant to be a "bossing PA", it works but there are better alternatives. The mega fist of god was probably only addet to serve as a fun factor. You know, trying to fish those monster hits on weak bullets.
I tried TD as a Fi, it was still a little bit painful but far from what it used to be. Couple times I lucked out the mega fist on a pack of zondeeled mobs, pretty much OHKO'd all of them, it was pretty fun to watch.

ShinMaruku
Apr 9, 2014, 04:34 PM
Yes, it's good.

The damage is great, it autoaims, and it moves fast. The only downsides I see to it is that it costs a lot (35 PP), isn't very elysion-friendly, and it can accidentally kill goronzoran if you are wanting to kill the boss room trash.

I don't have Elysion so the pp cost and other things mean nothing to me :)

Nitro Vordex
Apr 9, 2014, 04:49 PM
I'd like to point out that RNG fist seems to have a higher huge fist rate when you do it consecutively. The way I did it was:

Standard attack->Duck->Standard Attack->Duck->Standard attack-> Duck-> Meteor Fist charge-> duck-> meteor fist charge-> duck-> meteor fist charge

The three ducks were just for building gear, as the charge is kinda reliant on the gear to go fast, to not break your pacing. I did that order last night, and all three fists were huge ones. I did it again, and got one large and two flurries. Need to do it further, but if anyone can test that hypothesis out more, I'd appreciate it. Those are all JA's, by the way.

Remz69
Apr 9, 2014, 04:56 PM
I'd like to point out that RNG fist seems to have a higher huge fist rate when you do it consecutively. The way I did it was:

Standard attack->Duck->Standard Attack->Duck->Standard attack-> Duck-> Meteor Fist charge-> duck-> meteor fist charge-> duck-> meteor fist charge

The three ducks were just for building gear, as the charge is kinda reliant on the gear to go fast, to not break your pacing. I did that order last night, and all three fists were huge ones. I did it again, and got one large and two flurries. Need to do it further, but if anyone can test that hypothesis out more, I'd appreciate it. Those are all JA's, by the way.

if the rate wasn't so obviously abysmal and i was actually going to use this PA
then i'd be willing to spend an entire night throwing ten thousand fists in the air ;-) to get a decent sample
buuuut it's not the case

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2014, 04:58 PM
My damage spread with meteor fist so far has been

2,500 damage

to

72,965 damage

on talopekos in seabed

no boost points, no weak bullet, just solo in some random block

lol wtf irl

ChinaSue
Apr 9, 2014, 05:36 PM
I tried to find look for a crit, but after a few tries, I kind of gave up on that lol. Just a screenshot to give people an idea of the il megid damage with dark tree, red floris tais (level 3 potential, +40 t-atk), and full buffs (team tree, weak drink, t-atk cake, and shifta [level 1 shifta adv]).

My talis still has default affixing, with only +40 t-atk. With the new green block talis and decent affixes on it, you could probably get well into the 14ks. This is in sanctum TA. Il megid is level 1.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/82Bl9.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Friyn
Apr 9, 2014, 05:44 PM

2,500 damage

to

72,965 damage

on talopekos in seabed

lol wtf irl

I just pulled off 423k fist on Vibras' ass, no there was no Weak Bullet on it. Feels good man. Meteor fist is a great PA, people just don't realise it.

Triple_S
Apr 9, 2014, 06:05 PM
I just pulled off 423k fist on Vibras' ass

Wow, didn't know you were into that.

Seriously, expect the PA to get patched when enough people bitch about RNG.

Which they should because it's really shitty to not have dependable damage. Critical hits are one thing but this PA has a chance to do awesome damage and a chance to be complete and utter ass. Remove the chance of ass (and not the good kind) and make the chance of giant fist go up the longer you go with full gear, and it'll be amazing.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 9, 2014, 07:19 PM
And so the discussion as devolved into fisting asses...

Anyway, could someone give me some feedback on kaiser rise's damage? I don't have decent WLs anywhere to get a decent estimate on its damage with like... 1900 s atk?

Xaelouse
Apr 9, 2014, 08:15 PM
And so the discussion as devolved into fisting asses...

Anyway, could someone give me some feedback on kaiser rise's damage? I don't have decent WLs anywhere to get a decent estimate on its damage with like... 1900 s atk?

it's a little less than wild round's damage ticks. Lets say.. 1900-2000 per tick on a HU/TE with no FSU2 and with EWH using lvl2 falclaws (with Wild Round it's 2100-2300 per tick) So imagine it much higher with HU/FI since I was doing near 3k tick kaiser rise with boosts and PP slayer.

On a side note, this is the most pleasing PA this update. As a HU main I enjoy making BR look even worse in AQ bursts. On the downside, I feel as cheesy as a FO

Gen2000
Apr 9, 2014, 08:31 PM
Kaiser Rise - Good follow-up to Other Spin. Herd mobs together, wipe em out all once with Kaiser. If you want to just PP dump Kaiser Rise x3 at long range for whatever reason it's good for that too I guess.

Meteor Fist - If only "Fist of God" part was the default type of attack. Damage is amazing. But then you roll the crappy mini fists and get sad.

IlMegid - I would like it more if it wasn't 35PP and the way it tracks doesn't hit all the mobs I want at times. It's Talis friendly as least.

Cosmos Break - fun to use if you TPS Mode and fire it straight into the ground Divine Launcher style vs. SH mobs. Your character turns into a walking nuke.

Use Dodge Roll to cancel the stalling animation and you can do other stuff while the explosion is going off. Like even another Cosmo Break into the floor > Roll Cancel or Roll Cancel > switch weapons to use another PA. Having high PP and Killing Bonus makes this pretty spammy despite the cost of the PA.

Shinamori
Apr 9, 2014, 08:32 PM
Meteor Fist + Vol Dragon = Easy. Just stay behind him and attack his tail. When he charges, use meteor fist and just be prepared to dodge his fire breath attack. Once his tail brake, switch to Brave Stance and Meteor Fist his nose.

schnee4
Apr 9, 2014, 08:49 PM
Meteor Fist + Vol Dragon = Easy. Just stay behind him and attack his tail. When he charges, use meteor fist and just be prepared to dodge his fire breath attack. Once his tail brake, switch to Brave Stance and Meteor Fist his nose.

meteor fail + vol dragon = useless fighter

BHS + vol dragon = dead dragon

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 9, 2014, 08:49 PM
it's a little less than wild round's damage ticks. Lets say.. 1900-2000 per tick on a HU/TE with no FSU2 and with EWH using lvl2 falclaws (with Wild Round it's 2100-2300 per tick) So imagine it much higher with HU/FI since I was doing near 3k tick kaiser rise with boosts and PP slayer.

On a side note, this is the most pleasing PA this update. As a HU main I enjoy making BR look even worse in AQ bursts. On the downside, I feel as cheesy as a FO

How many ticks?

Chdata
Apr 9, 2014, 09:05 PM
I don't really like il megid much. It only hits enemies like 3 times (or 3 times). Megid can hit a whole group easier for more AoE. Namegid is better for single bosses compared to il megid looping and hitting the boss 3 times in unspecified locations.

Friyn
Apr 9, 2014, 09:09 PM
How many ticks?

It has 5 ticks. I was dealing ~2850 damage/tick with 2175 s-atk, ~3.1k when PP slayer was active. Was using lv. 1 Falclaw and the PA was rank 10.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 9, 2014, 09:20 PM
It has 5 ticks. I was dealing ~2850 damage/tick with 2175 s-atk, ~3.1k when PP slayer was active. Was using lv. 1 Falclaw and the PA was rank 10.

hm... and how does that compare to the 'average' meteor fist out of curiousity?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 9, 2014, 09:47 PM
I don't really like il megid much. It only hits enemies like 3 times (or 3 times). Megid can hit a whole group easier for more AoE. Namegid is better for single bosses compared to il megid looping and hitting the boss 3 times in unspecified locations.

I ended up in a 5 minute (or so) burst in SHAQ Sanctum today. I did nothing but spam Talis Ilmegids, and I ended up getting PB almost invariably by the time I ran out of PP from the previous PB (exactly once did this not happen). Everything died in two hits short of (Sol) Dirandals, and if I had better gear, this would have been one shotting those enemies. Ilmegid completely outclasses every other mobbing tactic available for the Dark element. I found it better than using Zondeel, and I spam Zondeel everywhere else.

Chdata
Apr 9, 2014, 09:59 PM
I ended up in a 5 minute (or so) burst in SHAQ Sanctum today. I did nothing but spam Talis Ilmegids, and I ended up getting PB almost invariably by the time I ran out of PP from the previous PB (exactly once did this not happen). Everything died in two hits short of (Sol) Dirandals, and if I had better gear, this would have been one shotting those enemies. Ilmegid completely outclasses every other mobbing tactic available for the Dark element. I found it better than using Zondeel, and I spam Zondeel everywhere else.

Well, I gueeees using umbla rod in VH sanctum is a poor way to measure its usefulness ;p

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2014, 10:14 PM
But Megid hits only once. Ilmegid can hit multiple times for more damage per hit and travels faster.

Also they both suck with Elysion.

Chdata
Apr 10, 2014, 12:36 AM
Megid can hit a huge group of stuff at once whereas as far as I could tell il megid does more damage per hit but will either only hit 3-5 mobs or hit some of the mobs twice. I guess that's better when you have more scattered enemies though.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 10, 2014, 01:01 AM
I'm seeing Ilmegid wipe out tons of enemies when used in thick groups. Much more efficient than Megid.

Arksenth
Apr 10, 2014, 01:06 AM
I find Ilmegid actually surprisingly decent for Tower Defense 2. Especially when sometimes the mobs swarms are fairly dense, but spread out too much to capture the majority of one wave in a single Zondeel, Ilmegid can wipe out clusters of mobs in just a few casts since it hits decently hard.

Gen2000
Apr 10, 2014, 01:47 AM
Some related Nico videos these past few hours.

IlMegid
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23294671 - IlMegid in Floating Continent demo
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23296513 - IlMegid only vs. Quartz demonstration
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23296982 - IlMegid only demo in Forest

Kaiser Rise
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23294079 - killing Forest mobs, player not really using it right but whatever. Only Kaiser Rise video I saw so far there.

Meteor Fist
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23294452 - apparently whiffs on Varder's core (though you really wouldn't need to use it over BHS at that range anyways). Kaiser Rise however shown to hit still.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23294922 - Dunno what's going on here, a tally count of single fist, flurry fists, and god fists during a run or something?

Cosmos Breaker
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23291928 - Cosmos Breaker vs. Decol, no Weak Bullet
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23292238 - CB vs. Val Rodos
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23292766 - another CB vs. Val Rodos
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23292311 - killing some random fodder + Gwana in SH Nab 2 with CB

Chdata
Apr 10, 2014, 01:50 AM
lol wtf, that one hitting mobs with 13k damage.

I must be doing something wrong. Maxed FoTe with full dark mastery and I only hit like 4-5k on weak element enemies, albeit I used a Demon Fork instead of a talis with tech bonus.

How can he be possibly hitting twice as much as me. ????????????????

I'm gonna test this out again.

Edit: Alright, I hit 6.4k with it and it takes two hits to kill anything in SH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQqD1A6uSU

Skip to 1:34 if you don't want to see my skill trees and stuff.

But c'mon, I'm 65/65 FoTe with a maxed demon fork (1.16 x 1.05 = 1.218x) and the guy in that video can hit twice my damage?

^1.05 in that calculation comes from spending 5 SP on JA advance for 5% on rods instead of Talis advance for 20%.

All I'm missing is armour with attack bonuses (I'll try my +180 set later I guess) and 86 T-atk on my mag.

UnLucky
Apr 10, 2014, 02:06 AM
This is his build btw (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06rDbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjcPI E7bIn0000000lb000009b000000lb0000084OI22SqxgAIAbnb ngKfrA0000jnoIkldI2J2qxIkIo00000ib000008)

And that talis has the same latent, but with more T-Atk and Talis Tech Bonus.

jooozek
Apr 10, 2014, 02:06 AM
seeing how they go from 8k to 13k on weak mobs, random drink elemental weak boost pretty sure
if they nerf the fuck out of gunner i just might come back to force

Chdata
Apr 10, 2014, 02:14 AM
There's a talis with demon smile now lol.

So if I used that and the tech bonus I'd be hitting...

6400 / 1.218 = 5255 x 1.2 x 1.16 = 7314

And I guess T-atk High Up and Shifta Advance are still able to nearly double that.

sega y make it so hard to gear your fo

Triple_S
Apr 10, 2014, 02:22 AM

And I guess T-atk High Up and Shifta Advance are still able to nearly double that.

I guess because every online RPG needs a gold-sink class.

Don't play Force unless you're rich, 'cause you need to be to even compete!

Rainbow Elysion Squad, Go!

UnLucky
Apr 10, 2014, 02:28 AM
Well, the Weakness drink effect is 20%, so with that your damage would be 8777

Though unless he's got like 1000 T-Atk more than you with High Up and other bonuses, I'm not sure what else it could be.

Must be your frog obsession getting in the way.

Z-0
Apr 10, 2014, 02:31 AM
My friend does 13,000 with Level 1 Ilmegid no problem, so・・・

It's probably just your gear and stuff. +40 on a unit makes much more difference than you might think, but PSO-World is teaching people that it doesn't.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 10, 2014, 05:01 AM

2,500 damage

to

72,965 damage

on talopekos in seabed

lol wtf irl
Yeah like, mine was from 1500 to 20k. dumb shit.

BIG OLAF
Apr 10, 2014, 05:13 AM
Yeah like, mine was from 1500 to 20k. dumb shit.

I've done 54 damage with Meteor Fist.

No, not a typo.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2014, 05:45 AM
I've done 54 damage with Meteor Fist.

No, not a typo.

54.waht. Were you attacking a bunkered Krabhada or something cause that just doesn't sound right.

ChinaSue
Apr 10, 2014, 07:20 AM

I want to say the talis with dragon hunter is still better in FC and Sanctum though. The dragon hunter latent is at 20% while Demonic Smile is at 16%, with 38 T-Atk between them in favor of the Demonic Smile talis. So while close, I believe dragon hunter still pulls ahead.

Also, what level is your il megid? The difference between level 1 and 16 is 75 power. Level 1 has 430. Level 16, 505. They are using level 16 in the video. +100 T-ATK on all his gear, including his weapon.

However, he is using shifta drink, 145 t-atk on mag, and a +60 t-atk unit set with no team buff. So, you could get a ton more damage out of it even.

Alma
Apr 10, 2014, 03:47 PM
lol wtf, that one hitting mobs with 13k damage.

I must be doing something wrong. Maxed FoTe with full dark mastery and I only hit like 4-5k on weak element enemies, albeit I used a Demon Fork instead of a talis with tech bonus.

How can he be possibly hitting twice as much as me. ????????????????

I'm gonna test this out again.

Edit: Alright, I hit 6.4k with it and it takes two hits to kill anything in SH.

frog - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQqD1A6uSU)

Skip to 1:34 if you don't want to see my skill trees and stuff.

But c'mon, I'm 65/65 FoTe with a maxed demon fork (1.16 x 1.05 = 1.218x) and the guy in that video can hit twice my damage?

^1.05 in that calculation comes from spending 5 SP on JA advance for 5% on rods instead of Talis advance for 20%.

All I'm missing is armour with attack bonuses (I'll try my +180 set later I guess) and 86 T-atk on my mag.

uh im hiting nearly 13k too, that even without dark latent rod/talis (im using primcross for more spammable attack) and it was done on SHAQ FC

are you sure you use the right tree?
with the average 2-3slot gear and demonic fork, it should hit like 8-10k ish :-?

and yea i kinda like these ilmegid tech
its hit hard and has very good tracking on enemy

i wonder how much damage per hit can be dished when using maximum setup later
(that *10talis with dark tech potential/ 50 ele dark/with the enw FO conversion skill/with pure dark tree/and all kind of buff)

ChinaSue
Apr 10, 2014, 03:57 PM
Just got level 16 il megid. I wanted to kind of update my previous damage, I guess. Level 16 does add quite a lot of damage. Same buffs as earlier in the thread, same gear as well. Same enemies.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/83HXs.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

UnLucky
Apr 10, 2014, 03:59 PM
My friend does 13,000 with Level 1 Ilmegid no problem, so・・・

It's probably just your gear and stuff. +40 on a unit makes much more difference than you might think, but PSO-World is teaching people that it doesn't.

Uh, to go from 9k to 13.5k is a 50% increase.

+40 Atk on your gear is not going to amount to that big of a difference.

Like yeah, altogether your affixed units and set bonus could give you 20-30% more damage than completely naked, but compared to any sort of budget gear it wouldn't be as drastic.

Alma
Apr 10, 2014, 04:00 PM
Just got level 16 il megid. I wanted to kind of update my previous damage, I guess. Level 16 does add quite a lot of damage. Same buffs as earlier in the thread, same gear as well. Same enemies.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/83HXs.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

is that with 20% dragon killer latent?

ChinaSue
Apr 10, 2014, 04:04 PM
is that with 20% dragon killer latent?

Yes. Still working on getting the new green one though.

Sizustar
Apr 10, 2014, 04:14 PM
Well, here's a tower defense 1 with 12 Fo/Te using o nly Il Megid

http://nicoviewer.net/sm23301566

Here's one only using the launcher new PA
http://nicoviewer.net/sm23301948

Alma
Apr 10, 2014, 04:30 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3681/13766625813_ab318476a2_c.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

^without tree buff

my God that was hilarious :lol:

Arksenth
Apr 10, 2014, 04:41 PM
That Ilmegid only TD is the best. Thing. Ever.

Kikikiki
Apr 10, 2014, 04:55 PM

Holy.

Fuck.

I bet even Elysion Sazan cannot do this!

BIG OLAF
Apr 10, 2014, 04:56 PM
waht. Were you attacking a bunkered Krabhada or something cause that just doesn't sound right.

Nope. It was on a Sol Digalla, in Sanctum SHAQ.

Shinamori
Apr 10, 2014, 05:10 PM

My. Lord.

Haha, that's funny. Wanna see a Meteor Fist one now.

Walkure
Apr 10, 2014, 05:16 PM
Haha, that's funny. Wanna see a Meteor Fist one now.Bomb drops, all of the shithands

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2014, 05:19 PM
Bomb drops, all of the shithands

Our 54 damages will blot out the sun.

But not the bomb.

The bomb will be fine.

Until it explodes, I mean.

UnLucky
Apr 10, 2014, 05:23 PM
7min run or 17 doing nothing different

Walkure
Apr 10, 2014, 05:37 PM
A single godhand starts dropping as the bomb goes off. RIP

PS: Has anyone tried RNG fist on Friend Partners?

PPS:
http://i.imgur.com/WHTnIcj.png

Chdata
Apr 10, 2014, 05:41 PM
uh im hiting nearly 13k too, that even without dark latent rod/talis (im using primcross for more spammable attack) and it was done on SHAQ FC

are you sure you use the right tree?
with the average 2-3slot gear and demonic fork, it should hit like 8-10k ish :-?

and yea i kinda like these ilmegid tech
its hit hard and has very good tracking on enemy

i wonder how much damage per hit can be dished when using maximum setup later
(that *10talis with dark tech potential/ 50 ele dark/with the enw FO conversion skill/with pure dark tree/and all kind of buff)

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uBbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjbE9 bIn0000000lb000009b000000lb000008kbI22SIkjcAcAcK00 0084O6dsI2J2qxuX00000lb000008

If I knew about that one talis I would've gotten talis tech bonus, but in any case pretty soon we get free resets anyway.

My other trees are devoted to Elysion atm.

My demon fork had Elder Soul / T-atk III / Spirita Boost. 50% dark.

My units didn't have T-atk bonuses though, since I had those on another character.

I also had level 8 il megid.

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2014, 05:56 PM
A single godhand starts dropping as the bomb goes off. RIP

PPS:
http://i.imgur.com/WHTnIcj.png

I WANNA CAST MAGIC FISTLE

red1228
Apr 10, 2014, 05:59 PM
Having Zondeel on my sub-palette & JA'ing into a Cosmo Breaker works very well for my Ra / Te... Who I've been neglecting (for obvious reasons) until this came out. Even on Super Hard with mediocre gear affixes.
Of course this works better in solo play, as anything Braver or Gunner related will have killed most (if not all) of the enemies before you even finish the casting animation of Zondeel.

As previously mentioned, Other Spin into a Kaiser Rise works well. Haven't tested it on vertical wall switches (like the ones in the Lilipa TACO) yet. I would imagine it to not work like that since the blast comes out of the ground, but this IS Sega...

Meteor Fist gave me a chuckle when I saw actual fists drop out of the sky (in the preview video, they just looked like yellow energy balls to me). I was shocked to get a "Hand of God" of 33,000 damage, when previous charged hits were doing 2500's. When I got the "Failing Hand of Arthritis" (about 1000 damage & only a single hit) twice in a row, I was the disappoint.

So, Overall...
Cosmo Breaker- I like. Could be a little faster moving (or a small reduction in PP cost), but overall gives me a reason to use Launchers (I don't like Cluster Shell & Concentrate One is very unimaginative) again.

Kaiser Rise- Decent. I feel like it needs a little bit more power, but its a long range / safe option for Wires that ISN'T a grab.

Meteor Fist- I'll hunt for a Lv16, then probably forget about it. This game already has TOO MUCH RNG bullshit. I DON'T need it in my attacks.

IlMegid- Found a Lv16 on my first super hard Ruins AQ & it works well enough. PP cost is a bit high for my liking & it's homing capabilities (while mostly very good) sometimes looks a little "drunk" for me ("Aimed your IlMegid at the Diranda's dinian rider? Nope, IlMegid is gonna go fuck up those Deegala's instead!").

UnLucky
Apr 10, 2014, 06:05 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uBbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjbE9 bIn0000000lb000009b000000lb000008kbI22SIkjcAcAcK00 0084O6dsI2J2qxuX00000lb000008

If I knew about that one talis I would've gotten talis tech bonus, but in any case pretty soon we get free resets anyway.

My other trees are devoted to Elysion atm.

My demon fork had Elder Soul / T-atk III / Spirita Boost. 50% dark.

My units didn't have T-atk bonuses though, since I had those on another character.

I also had level 8 il megid.
So you're missing a good, what, 500-600 T-Atk compared to the video, and 40% modifier on the tech.

That could easily breach 12k per hit

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2014, 06:08 PM
I think my favorite part about wired lance PAs is the gear doesn't do anything to even one of the 6* PAs.

Not even one.

Because it only works on grapples.

And none of them are grapples.

Oh Wired Lances, your gear was a flawed concept when it worked on all of your moves and it's even more flawed now.

UnLucky
Apr 10, 2014, 06:17 PM
But it builds gear instead!

You can Kaiser to fill gear, then combo it with Other Spin to gather mobs with increased damage, and then use Kaiser to finish them all off since they're grouped!

You know, instead of the other way around.

Chdata
Apr 10, 2014, 06:27 PM
So you're missing a good, what, 500-600 T-Atk compared to the video, and 40% modifier on the tech.

That could easily breach 12k per hit

your siggy is pretty misleading

though I kinda already looked at static X-atk bonuses a little differently

UnLucky
Apr 10, 2014, 06:43 PM
How do you mean?

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2014, 07:41 PM
I've been meaning to mention - I would think that due to gear these days ~1% damage is closer to 30 atk.

Walkure
Apr 10, 2014, 08:06 PM
It depends; some weapon types, like sword, have been at the point where it's closer to 25 since AQs came out. Some weapons, like Double Saber and Twin Dagger, are still around that point.

TaigaUC
Apr 10, 2014, 10:14 PM

Non-caster Friend Partners suck balls because they spend most of their time walking erratically and throwing out regular attacks. They rarely ever use PAs.
See my "useless" guide for more details!

.Jack
Apr 10, 2014, 10:18 PM
Don't use this char anymore since I obtained ely/sazan16 on my male newman so I reset made a reset dark tree to test out the new Megid:

110att weapon + 115att unit set + buffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKB9S_ZGN1U

And this is getting stronger with the attribute tech update soon? http://i.imgur.com/ihCI4fH.gif

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2014, 10:22 PM
Don't use this char anymore since I obtained ely/sazan16 on my male newman so I reset made a reset dark tree to test out the new Megid:

Megid Test - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKB9S_ZGN1U)

And this is getting stronger with the attribute tech update soon? http://i.imgur.com/ihCI4fH.gif

As I've said, the era of Force is coming soon.

Sega moves very slowly with its balances. It gives powerful things in bits and pieces, likely with more ready to release later on regardless of whether or not the class is fixed already.

They've been adding powerful techs, that actually do perform decently well. The only issue? They're not shunka. But now they're going to give a 25% boost to same element techs and some other % boost to different element techs, plus more skills are almost definitely on the way that will affect techs.

At the very least, I foresee fo/fi becoming a powerful combination when Brave Stance Up 2 is eventually released (probably around the time they do the fury stance nerf, which is only as strong as it is because they did exactly what I'm talking about - little boosts, then a big boost, then hey look it's OP as fuck).

TaigaUC
Apr 10, 2014, 10:28 PM
I hope we get good new tech customization.

ChinaSue
Apr 10, 2014, 10:28 PM

This is XQ units and XQ talis?

Chdata
Apr 10, 2014, 10:34 PM
The talis is a new 10* with Demonic Smile.

Natsu Nem
Apr 10, 2014, 10:47 PM
After the buffs, whats the next class after FO do I need to play?

Rakurai
Apr 10, 2014, 10:57 PM
I wish that PP regenerating while charging was just a passive effect attached to FO and TE, since you can't make a spec that maximizes light/dark/wind tech damage without sacrificing it.

FO's Elemental Conversion skill also shouldn't be limited solely to FO, since it makes TE even less appealing as a main class.

Gardios
Apr 10, 2014, 11:02 PM
Please start playing Techer Natsu. :(

.Jack
Apr 10, 2014, 11:43 PM
This is XQ units and XQ talis?

10* 1003 att talis with a 16% dark tech damage boost latent and XQ 11* units 115att affix each.

As I've said, the era of Force is coming soon.

I think that time is here already, lol. ^^

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 11, 2014, 12:01 AM
I guess being newearl won't totally be counterproductive soon...

Now i just need the proper witch attire!

Rehal
Apr 11, 2014, 01:51 AM

Whats your damage using ilmegid on natives/mechs/darker?

Alma
Apr 11, 2014, 03:02 AM
If i counted right, the damage for non dark weak enemy will be 10-12k ish with that dark latent talis since my primcross already hit 8800 dmg on non weak one and thats before the new Fo skill too....

I guess ill buy that dark talis later and affix it.

Chdata
Apr 11, 2014, 03:14 AM
16000 / 1.44 = 11112

44% coming from enemy elemental weakness (20%) and the TE skill (20%)

Akakomuma
Apr 11, 2014, 07:51 AM
Kaiser Rise - Good follow-up to Other Spin. Herd mobs together, wipe em out all once with Kaiser.

I like this combo, it's real fun. Thanks!

gigawuts
Apr 11, 2014, 08:00 AM
After the buffs, whats the next class after FO do I need to play?

Play whatever is currently weakest or most out of whack if you want to keep looking like Sega notices you.

Sizustar
Apr 11, 2014, 10:21 AM
Decoded tp test pit tje Ta;o vs 11* Dark rod.
Both have the same skill and bonus, except Tali have the Tali skill bonus
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/ymnFQRh.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rod[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/a40j9bE.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

.Jack
Apr 11, 2014, 12:43 PM
Whats your damage using ilmegid on natives/mechs/darker?

9-10k average

10k+ with buffs

LonelyGaruga
Apr 11, 2014, 01:22 PM
16000 / 1.44 = 11112

44% coming from enemy elemental weakness (20%) and the TE skill (20%)

It's 30% for Dragonkin mobs (and, generally speaking, every enemy that has a single weakness), so closer to 16000 / 1.56 = 10256. Pretty solid still.

Also...

I ended up in a 5 minute (or so) burst in SHAQ Sanctum today. I did nothing but spam Talis Ilmegids, and I ended up getting PB almost invariably by the time I ran out of PP from the previous PB (exactly once did this not happen).

I had another couple runs in Sanctum after saying this (along with acquiring level 15 Ilmegid). This time, I routinely saw my PB refill before my previous PB ended. And I only have average gear. While both times had a high level PB refill PSE active, every AQ has this PSE. Ilmegid is amazing.

Chdata
Apr 11, 2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I underestimated its speed and power earlier.

PSO2 has been annoying me a lot lately.

Classes needing expensive units to be good when you could just go SHUNKA.
DCing even just a little means being thrown completely out of the game, and my internet's been having really small/short DCs lately that don't affect anything but my Steam Chat and PSO2. (I can play TF2 fine).
TD2's success rate.

ヽ(`Д´)ノ

MetalDude
Apr 11, 2014, 02:27 PM
Not being able to re-enter the AQ you were just in let alone being completely removed from the block and quest you were in upon D/C-ing is PSO1-level bullshit.

Reyva
Apr 11, 2014, 05:02 PM
Dun even need good units to be good at this easy mode game. Can do it with crap and still own easily even without shunka if the person has half a brain. But oh yes, I understand, all about class comparison as braver can get by with crap and others cannot.

Shunka just made the game even more easy mode than it already is. Take it from a guy who quits this game for several months on end and comes back. Came back to this junk and laughed at how easier crap is. Even as a Elysion spammer, I will shunka it on my force at times cause it will outbeat the tech damage lol (I have susano guren). Heck, I even zondeel + shunka at times haha. Hilarious how much damage it can do it even on force.

Shunka just reminds me of the Axe skill "Jabroni" from PSU. Hahaha thats all I usually did on mobs and bosses. Course teh nab who could never use jabroni right would suck with it tho.

I see no improvements from segac despite the shunka nerf. Game still be ez mode.

Rakurai
Apr 11, 2014, 05:11 PM
I hope that on some difficulty setting after super hard, they'll just make it so enemies don't stagger at all, save for grappling PAs, Crazy Smash, and other specific moves for the sake of encouraging their usage.

They already made it so the Goronzoran doesn't flinch when his crystals are broken on super hard to make him less vulnerable, so they might as well go further with it.

Sizustar
Apr 12, 2014, 01:25 AM
RNG fist dealing over 1 million hit OHKO boss

http://nicoviewer.net/sm23305920

Rien
Apr 12, 2014, 01:28 AM
Can we just kill the chance for the tiny fist when it's charged?

Shinamori
Apr 12, 2014, 05:00 AM

Considering it has 800% power at Lv16, I'm not surprised.

ShinMaruku
Apr 12, 2014, 12:17 PM
Da era of the force? Yes Harry Copperfield Dresden time!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 12, 2014, 01:38 PM
Shunka just reminds me of the Axe skill "Jabroni" from PSU. Hahaha thats all I usually did on mobs and bosses. Course teh nab who could never use jabroni right would suck with it tho.

I laughed way harder than I should'ave at 'jabroni'.

Galax
Apr 12, 2014, 01:52 PM
Ilmegid: The spell designed by Dark Falz and Gannon to scare the living shit out of your enemies.

Edson Drake
Apr 12, 2014, 03:24 PM
It's great. My new Dark/Lightning Force is coming along pretty well, all thanks to IlMegid, can't wait to see how it behaves with the new Dark Rod at lv 65/65.

Sizustar
Apr 12, 2014, 03:48 PM
It's great. My new Dark/Lightning Force is coming along pretty well, all thanks to IlMegid, can't wait to see how it behaves with the new Dark Rod at lv 65/65.

You can try the new 10* Dark Tali, and get the 20% bonus for 5 SP~

ShinMaruku
Apr 12, 2014, 03:49 PM
Ilmegid: The spell designed by Dark Falz and Gannon to scare the living shit out of your enemies.
In blackest day, in brightest night, beware your fears made into light. So it's made by Sinestro not those two gits. :P

Zorafim
Apr 12, 2014, 04:46 PM

The boss is greatly damage before the video starts, so I don't think it's a OHKO. I'm sure it would be killed instantly by that damage. But I was kinda let down that it didn't go from 100% to 0 in one hit.

I'm still a bit unclear on the fist PA. The damage is the same between charged and uncharged, but charged has a higher chance at different versions of the PA? Do we know the probability of each attack with the fist PA, charged and uncharged?

UnLucky
Apr 12, 2014, 04:53 PM
Wow, he goes out of his way to get Deadline Slayer but doesn't waste PP before the godfist attempt? You might even be able to get PP Slayer by charging up a second one as the first fist comes down.

And no highest damage record shown in the video :/

Though it does say 1024000 in the description.

Atmius
Apr 12, 2014, 07:16 PM
I'm sure it would be killed instantly by that damage.

Nope, bal rodos has somewhere between 1.08m and 1.28m hp.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 12, 2014, 07:19 PM

I can't watch the video. >:|

UnLucky
Apr 12, 2014, 07:44 PM
Try this instead: http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm23305920

Or just the official site (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23305920) if you've got a nico nico account.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 12, 2014, 08:03 PM
Still doesn't work. I don't have an account.

Misaki Ki
Apr 13, 2014, 02:30 AM
I always preferred sarashi myself.

Give that a try: http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm23305920&2

Sizustar
Apr 14, 2014, 10:47 PM
TF2 with all Il-megid party
http://nicoviewer.net/sm23316641

http://i.imgur.com/M0PamIo.gif

I should probabely try this with my friends..

All-megid for AQ, EQ, etc.

Kondibon
Apr 14, 2014, 10:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/M0PamIo.gifThe age of the Force is coming.

EDIT: Now that I finished the video I do want to point out that it highlight's Il Megid's weakness against bosses, and while it amuses me that they did so well spaming a single tech (and I assume the whole point was to see how well it worked), they probably could have done better mixing in some Namegids for the bosses.

GoldenFalcon
Apr 14, 2014, 11:05 PM
Nirvana has arrived

ShinMaruku
Apr 14, 2014, 11:13 PM

Are those dark speced forces or do they have some crazy weapons?

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 14, 2014, 11:16 PM

just dam............that this is amazing lol

ShinMaruku
Apr 14, 2014, 11:17 PM
I only use ilmegid on caterdick so I can poison the fucker and watch as he dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKsaCDk295A

Sizustar
Apr 14, 2014, 11:25 PM
Are those dark speced forces or do they have some crazy weapons?

I believe they are all dark speced, all with the +16% dark gear.

Zipzo
Apr 14, 2014, 11:35 PM
That video is hilarious and awesome.

ShinMaruku
Apr 15, 2014, 12:11 AM
goodie now I just need 16% dark I am dark speced :)

Sizustar
Apr 15, 2014, 03:05 AM
goodie now I just need 16% dark I am dark speced :)

There are two popular choice.
The 11* dark rod, and the 10* tali
Dark rod have higher T-atk, but the Tal can get the 20% tali bonus.

ShinMaruku
Apr 15, 2014, 03:10 AM
There are two popular choice.
The 11* dark rod, and the 10* tali
Dark rod have higher T-atk, but the Tal can get the 20% tali bonus.

Thanks I shall be hunting for those. Where do they drop pray tell? Not going to pay for premium so sega can eat a dick on that one. I'd rather hunt.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 15, 2014, 03:36 AM
Thanks I shall be hunting for those. Where do they drop pray tell? Not going to pay for premium so sega can eat a dick on that one. I'd rather hunt.rod drops from Mikuda in Desert SH AQ.

the Talis drops from Dagacha in SH AQ ruins.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 06:55 AM

I foolishly assumed this tech would have a similar max range to Zonde.

I'm actually glad I was wrong because FO needs something like this. Maybe not something that hits this hard against enemies weak to it, but it does need something like this.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 09:09 AM
This tech is sort of the shunka of dark techs though. It makes a lot of other ones like megid, ra-megid, gimegid just not worth using over ilmegid. The only tech worth using on the side would probably be namegid, or el barta for single target dps.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 09:28 AM
I can see what you mean. I do wish masteries had different effects on different techs. I feel like Il Megid was needed to fill in a few gaps that many techs had.

If Il Megid could gain just 10% per mastery instead of 20% I'd be more comfortable with it.

I also think it should be dealing less damage after each hit based on what I've seen and read about it, but I haven't actually used it much myself. I'm just trying to preempt what is likely to be the next super OP faceroll thing.

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 09:42 AM
I can see what you mean. I do wish masteries had different effects on different techs. I feel like Il Megid was needed to fill in a few gaps that many techs had.

If Il Megid could gain just 10% per mastery instead of 20% I'd be more comfortable with it.

I also think it should be dealing less damage after each hit based on what I've seen and read about it, but I haven't actually used it much myself. I'm just trying to preempt what is likely to be the next super OP faceroll thing.Well it has its weaknesses. Mainly the pp cost and having a hard time hitting bosses multiple times.

I wouldn't mind if it did less damage each time it hit a target it already hit, but having the damage go down for each individual target would kinda ruin it's point as an AoE tech.

This tech is sort of the shunka of dark techs though. It makes a lot of other ones like megid, ra-megid, gimegid just not worth using over ilmegid. The only tech worth using on the side would probably be namegid, or el barta for single target dps.The pp cost to damage ratio is TERRIBLE if it only hits something once. It does seem a bit strong, but unlike shunka I've actually found it worth the time and effort to use other techs in situations where the enemies aren't spread out.

Arksenth
Apr 15, 2014, 09:43 AM
It's really not that OP. Note how it's doing a lot of 6.5k hits too, that's when it's not hitting weak points, and you can't target it at all.

When not in TD, it'll hit maybe three enemies, once each for 6.5k. Kins of lackluster except for certain situational uses - namely, when you have lots of clusters of mobs, but Zondeel filled that niche before already.

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 09:45 AM
It's really not that OP. Note how it's doing a lot of 6.5k hits too, that's when it's not hitting weak points, and you can't target it at all.

When not in TD, it'll hit maybe three enemies, once each for 6.5k. Kins of lackluster except for certain situational uses - namely, when you have lots of clusters of mobs, but Zondeel filled that niche before already.Exactly. I mainly use it for cleaning up stragglers or boss adds that are spread out all over the room.

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2014, 09:53 AM
Well it's weaker than anything except Namegid on a single enemy, but that reach and how many targets it hits without needing Zondeel is way too good. Feels like there should be a cap somewhere, either it vanishes after certain number of hits/distance, or the damage drops off each time.

Once 50% dark element bumps this up for easy oneshots, possibly even on small enemies not weak to dark, Force will be back in demand.

But as I've said before, if it couldn't oneshot, Force would remain a dedicated Zondeel bot.

With just a 9k Ilmegid, for example, it wouldn't even be worth using since someone else can oneshot your targets before the next cast is ready.

That's why everything really needs to be scaled back. Melee and ranged classes alike shouldn't be oneshotting everything nearby. If both can obliterate mobs, then range is king. If only one has enough killing power, then the other is pointless. If both are weak, then playing melee is dangerous, and fighting at range is tedious, but both together cooperate for smooth runs.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 09:55 AM
Well it has its weaknesses. Mainly the pp cost and having a hard time hitting bosses multiple times.

I wouldn't mind if it did less damage each time it hit a target it already hit, but having the damage go down for each individual target would kinda ruin it's point as an AoE tech.

The pp cost to damage ratio is TERRIBLE if it only hits something once. It does seem a bit strong, but unlike shunka I've actually found it worth the time and effort to use other techs in situations where the enemies aren't spread out.

It fills up your PB gauge so quick against things weak to dark though, the PP problems seem neglible from my experience. I really don't see how any dark tech can do the job quicker. Against things non-weak to dark, it may be another story. But it seems it's good for those too.

When not in TD, it'll hit maybe three enemies, once each for 6.5k. Kins of lackluster except for certain situational uses - namely, when you have lots of clusters of mobs, but Zondeel filled that niche before already.

I think his gear is not fully decked out. I was hitting like 7k+ to enemies non-weak to dark without a dedicated dark mastery rod. Maybe they have higher dark resist in base?

Arksenth
Apr 15, 2014, 10:14 AM
Well, it's a great tech, but I don't think it's as revolutionary as everyone is saying it is. The loss of precision control and high PP cost is an issue, and I still think Elysion Sazan does better for picking out mobs individually because you can at least aim where it goes. Not really hugely compelled to switch to a Dark build here.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 10:18 AM
Sure, it's just good for faceroll zerging some spawns.

Which is the problem. It's good for faceroll zerging. Faceroll zerging is itself the problem. People will max it out and use nothing else. That's what happened with Over End, and it's what happened with Shunka. It requires little effort, little thought, and little planning to be effective.

As entertaining as it would be, I don't really want purple claws screaming across my screen in every single map until they nerf force and boost some other class.

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't mind if its damage got decreased, but if it's not one or twoshotting mobs then force goes back to where it was before and nothing changes.

Unless of course everything gets nerfed like that. Then I'd be ok. I would also be using Nazonde. :U

Arksenth
Apr 15, 2014, 10:24 AM
I don't think it has enough general-use damage output and sustainability to really be tossed around that mindlessly, though? Like, look how fast the FO in the video runs out of PP, and he's subbing TE. Plus when the spawn formations aren't packed well, the tracking really sucks. Like, don't even bother using it during non-exit bursts, for instance, because it'll hit two mobs once and then go sailing off into the distance.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 10:26 AM
Yeah, like I said I haven't used it extensively. Any time I would use it I wind up going GU because lol SH AQs.

I like the idea of it hitting for ~10k, then ~7k, then ~5k (without weakness). It would have to prioritize weak targets for that to be ideal, however.

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2014, 10:26 AM
Easy fix: make Ilmegid a grapple tech. It hits anything along the way as it does now, but it grabs the locked on target and slams them for an extra hit, or explodes if the target cannot be grabbed.

There, if you easy mode auto-lock-on, you'll likely only hit a single enemy (but for fairly good damage). It requires a bit of a workaround to actually get it to hit multiple enemies.

And you thought Megid was the dark element's Foie equivalent!

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 10:30 AM
Yeah, like I said I haven't used it extensively. Any time I would use it I wind up going GU because lol SH AQs.

I like the idea of it hitting for ~10k, then ~7k, then ~5k (without weakness). It would have to prioritize weak targets for that to be ideal, however.I'd only be ok with deminishing damage if it was to the same target (cause it DOES hit the same target sometimes). It might do a lot of damage, but it only hits 3-4 enemies when they're spread out, and when they're lumped together zondeel and a different tech would be more efficent. Not just in damage, but in sustain. Maybe giving it a specific number of hits instead of a durration would be better. Like it can ONLY hit 3 mobs, making it inefective for large tightly nit groups.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 10:33 AM
Well I didn't say it's the best tech to use in every situation. It definitely isn't. It's not even the best mobbing tech in every situation. But when things are weak to dark, it obliterates, and if things aren't weak to dark it is competent. That's how every element should be. That's how I feel it will be after the update (unless il-megid can do 12k+ to things non-weak to dark >_>; but I doubt that!).

Sizustar
Apr 15, 2014, 10:35 AM
It fills up your PB gauge so quick against things weak to dark though, the PP problems seem neglible from my experience. I really don't see how any dark tech can do the job quicker. Against things non-weak to dark, it may be another story. But it seems it's good for those too.

I think his gear is not fully decked out. I was hitting like 7k+ to enemies non-weak to dark without a dedicated dark mastery rod. Maybe they have higher dark resist in base?

Really, with a dedicated gear and dark tree, I'm hitting only 6.5k on SH forest enemy, if I switch to Lighting/Light, it's 3k~4.5k average.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 10:35 AM
I'm putting this in a new post because that edit took too long, and by now it's been overlooked

I also dislike how powerful the element weakness bonuses are. 50% is just too damn much to arbitrarily be dealing more damage. Maybe if they made random enemies weak to random elements, like if Kuklos were 10% weak to dark but Cyclos were 10% weak to ice, and that would kick in EWH in areas other than Amduscia. That sort of thing is required for Force to ever approach balanced, just because skilltrees cost money and since different techs with different roles aren't always going to be the right element for an area, meaning it always deals less there.

They've dug themselves into a hole with this elemental weakness thing, and blanketing entire planets with 1-2 elemental weaknesses is a terrible idea. This exemplifies why.

The whole EWH issue is really highlighted by moves like Il Megid, which have a role not filled by other techs and thus will be used and balanced around enemies that aren't always weak to dark...making it stupidly powerful in areas weak to dark.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 10:39 AM
Really, with a dedicated gear and dark tree, I'm hitting only 6.5k on SH forest enemy, if I switch to Lighting/Light, it's 3k~4.5k average.

I know I was hitting 7k to dahgash and dagachas with il-megid. When I get back home in like...12+ hours I guess I can test it again. I have the XQ sun diety talis along with the talis bonus skill.

ShinMaruku
Apr 15, 2014, 10:39 AM
Exactly. I mainly use it for cleaning up stragglers or boss adds that are spread out all over the room.

I use it on the catderdicks and watch the poison melt them. Why can't SEs be this good on everything else? :(

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 10:42 AM
I'm putting this in a new post because that edit took too long, and by now it's been overlooked

I also dislike how powerful the element weakness bonuses are. 50% is just too damn much to arbitrarily be dealing more damage. Maybe if they made random enemies weak to random elements, like if Kuklos were 10% weak to dark but Cyclos were 10% weak to ice, and that would kick in EWH in areas other than Amduscia. That sort of thing is required for Force to ever approach balanced, just because skilltrees cost money and since different techs with different roles aren't always going to be the right element for an area, meaning it always deals less there.

They've dug themselves into a hole with this elemental weakness thing, and blanketing entire planets with 1-2 elemental weaknesses is a terrible idea. This exemplifies why.

The whole EWH issue is really highlighted by moves like Il Megid, which have a role not filled by other techs and thus will be used and balanced around enemies that aren't always weak to dark...making it stupidly powerful in areas weak to dark.I agree. I also think the elemental masteries should be 10% and the current 10% bonuses like tech charge and ja should be 20 so you don't have to spec completely into one element. Alternatively get rid of the elemental masteries all together and make them do something else. It feels like they're meant to be force's answer to gears but they don't have any mechanics associated with them other than moar numbars.

I use it on the catderdicks and watch the poison melt them. Why can't SEs be this good on everything else? :(Doesn't it only have a 5% poison chance...?

Arksenth
Apr 15, 2014, 10:42 AM
Dahgash have easily accessible weak points, so you were likely hitting their weak points. Hell, they're just floating balls of weak points.

I'm doing only 3.5k to 4k on non-weak spots as a wind TE/FI with twinked out gear too.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 10:43 AM
PSO2 status effects being affix bound and tech bound is a big opportunity loss. I always felt weapons should be able to inflicte status via weapons and their respective element.

Maybe one day they will get rid of all the status affect affix drops and make that a feature.

Dahgash have easily accessible weak points, so you were likely hitting their weak points. Hell, they're just floating balls of weak points.

I'm doing only 3.5k to 4k on non-weak spots as a wind TE/FI with twinked out gear too.

Definitely not hitting 7k on their weak points. That would mean I would be doing 3.5k with il megid normally. No, normally a hit on their weak point would deal 16-18k (I've seen 20 once).

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 10:46 AM
My best disappointing in PSO2 status effects being affix bound and tech bound. I always felt they should have been ale to be inflicted via weapons and their respective element.

Maybe one day they will get rid of all the status affect affix drops and make that a feature.Eh? But the whole point was to seperate elemental damage from affixes. Not that elements matter much for non-tech weapons anyway. If the affixing system was any good this wouldn't really be a problem.

I do wish status effects were more useful, but the only reason they AREN'T is because things die too fast. Well ok... things die to fast, freeze makes zondeel impossible to use on them, and Mirage is unreliable, but the others would be useful. D:

Arksenth
Apr 15, 2014, 10:47 AM
I'm confused why the numbers are so different with Ilmegid then. Brave Stance should put me at the level of a dual mastery. Maybe they did some stupid thing where side bonuses aren't calculated because it's based off the claw's facing or something?

Even with a latented Ex Wand in Sanctum I only do 7-7.5k on non-weak points with EWH, so I have no idea what's going on here lol.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 10:51 AM
They are not useful because:

1. They take up an affix slot. Who would really get Burn I on their weapon versus Power III? Spirita III? Ability III?
2. Most enemies are just completely immune to status affects (Tranmizer is immune to all but one, and the rare variant is immune to all).
3. They are so useless by themselves. They scale like shit, seriously. The only remotely useful one is freeze because it adds utility. Mirage and panic don't work as intended I think.
4. They don't really add anything to the gameplay. I like the idea of freeze. Too many enemies? Freeze half of them. But Burn just doesn't do anything. Shock is ok I guess, I think it should tumble enemies more often. Mirage is so terrible, etc.

Sizustar
Apr 15, 2014, 10:51 AM
Well, My normal t-atk is 2047
I'm using the new 10* dark tali, sold my 11* Dark rod already though

3k~4.5k to enemy not weak to dark, not counting hitting weak point.

And on enemy weak to Dark..with the dark build and support drinks

10* Tali
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/ymnFQRh.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rod[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/a40j9bE.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 10:55 AM
You are hitting 12k with il megid. That seems good.
Why are you doing less than half to things non-weak to dark though.

Something seems very wrong here. :( Didn't Jack say he does 16k to things weak to dark and 9k to things non-weak to it? The numbers should be around that.

Arksenth
Apr 15, 2014, 10:57 AM
Sizustar's numbers seem par for my experience as well accounting in for the Dark Masteries. I have no idea, is there some kind of hidden condition impacting the damage of Ilmegid?

ChinaSue
Apr 15, 2014, 11:02 AM
EDIT: Oops, clicked wrong difficulty ._.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 11:03 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3121388&postcount=123

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3121698&postcount=139

"9-10k average, 10k+ with buffs"

I can't log in to test right now though. Very inconvenient. ;x

ShinMaruku
Apr 15, 2014, 11:03 AM
Doesn't it only have a 5% poison chance...?
Every time I fight them it poisons them without fail so I assume he has a higher rate of being poisoned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKsaCDk295A

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 11:05 AM
They are not useful because:

1. They take up an affix slot. Who would really get Burn I on their weapon versus Power III? Spirita III? Ability III?
2. Most enemies are just completely immune to status affects (Tranmizer is immune to all but one, and the rare variant is immune to all).
3. They are so useless by themselves. They scale like shit, seriously. The only remotely useful one is freeze because it adds utility. Mirage and panic don't work as intended I think.
4. They don't really add anything to the gameplay. I like the idea of freeze. Too many enemies? Freeze half of them. But Burn just doesn't do anything. Shock is ok I guess, I think it should tumble enemies more often. Mirage is so terrible, etc.1. That's a problem with the affix system, but I was talking about status effects in general, not just on weapons.
2. I was talking about for trash mobs, which is why I said everything dying too fast is a problem.
3. Mirage is stupid but Panic works, it causes them to attack whatever is closest to them so it useless solo against a single enemy or in Melee, but when it DOES work it's great. Burn and Mirage are the most useless ones.
4. How often shock staggers and knocks things down is based on the level of it. x:

The main thing holding status effects back is how fast normal enemies die. They can all be fixed (except mirage, I dunno what mirage would do), and I use shock/panic all the time as a force or a techer.

Every time I fight them it poisons them without fail so I assume he has a higher rate of being poisoned.

Force/Techer Caterdran kill - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKsaCDk295A)
I guess it's just easy to poison Caters.

ShinMaruku
Apr 15, 2014, 11:07 AM
This tech makes me love fighting caterdicks. I shall be doing another run of it to test my next thing and show that video better.

Coatl
Make mirage, like, make things float in the air.

Idk

UnLucky
Let's see, Fo/Fi without fancy dark weapons: 6k to an Oodan, 7.5k to a Baridran.

That's pretty much just the 30% natural weakness taking effect there.

With a Dark build+EWH+16% latent that should easily break 10k.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 11:08 AM
EDIT: Oops, clicked wrong difficulty ._.

Well the damage variance should be 1-2k from VH to SH (well really it depends on the enemy). Though this is impressive. I could see someone using only il-megid if they have machine hunter talis, dragon hunter talis, and so forth.

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 11:08 AM
Make mirage, like, make things float in the air.

IdkMy first idea was having them take damage whenever they attack.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 11:11 AM
Mirage should make enemies attack empty space. You know, like they're...seeing a mirage.

Currently we have..
2 damage SEs, poison and burn (poison hits for more, burn hits for less but lasts longer and spreads)
2 stun/stop SEs, shock and freeze (freeze breaks quickly, but shock lasts longer and interrupts/knocks enemies down)
1 attack changing SE, panic (makes enemies attack the nearest target, regardless of whether it's an ally or not)
1 whiff SE, mirage (makes enemy attacks occasionally miss completely)

I say lump mirage in with panic as a lighter but longer lasting version like burn is to poison and shock is to freeze. Miraged enemies would not damage allies, just attack a point in space.

I also say to give freeze a slow down effect after it shatters, for up to 20 seconds from the initial freeze.

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 11:18 AM
I say lump mirage in with panic as a lighter but longer lasting version like burn is to poison and shock is to freeze. Miraged enemies would not damage allies, just attack a point in space.

I also say to give freeze a slow down effect after it shatters, for up to 20 seconds from the initial freeze.I could get behind this.

Also, another idea. Freeze deals damage when it shatters (it doesn't have to be a lot). Freeze ignition becomes passive and increases the explosion effect when they shatter.

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2014, 11:18 AM
Status Effects need a huge buff.

First of all, bosses should be susceptible, and the 'special animation' crap should count for Chase Advance.

Burn should spread guaranteed on every tick, with faster ticks and higher damage (which further increases every tick). Corpses should also light things on fire.

Freeze should increase damage like Zalure, and be more resistant to attacks without Freeze Keep (which last I checked didn't work for affixes) and not prevent suction effects like Zondeel.

Shock should instantly knock down when it procs, keep small mobs downed permanently, and further attacks during the status should force another knockdown guaranteed.

Mirage should 100% force every attack to miss. A miraged enemy should be counted out entirely.

Panic should either be a charm effect that prioritizes enemies, or forces the enemy to wander aimlessly instead of the normal AI routines but on the nearest target instead of highest Hate.

Poison should reduce damage like Jellen. I dunno what else would be useful on mobs but not OP on bosses. Inversely proportionate to total HP?

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 11:20 AM
Shock should instantly knock down when it procs, keep small mobs downed permanently, and further attacks during the status should force another knockdown guaranteed.

Mirage should 100% force every attack to miss. A miraged enemy should be counted out entirely.These seem a bit too strong considering how easy they are to proc as a force or techer. I like Giga's idea of it making them attack aimlessly. I've seen Gilnas do this when affected by panic (because they aggro their core), so I could see it being useful without being overpowered.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 11:22 AM
Also, another idea. Freeze deals damage when it shatters (it doesn't have to be a lot). Freeze ignition becomes passive and increases the explosion effect when they shatter.

I've wanted this exact thing for a while. It would be a percentage of the enemy's HP, like burn and poison.

Freeze suddenly becomes a team aid.

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2014, 11:24 AM
These seem a bit too strong considering how easy they are to proc as a force or techer. I like Giga's idea of it making them attack aimlessly. I've seen Gilnas do this when affected by panic (because they aggro their core), so I could see it being useful without being overpowered.
Or a bit too weak considering the enemy would die on the next hit, or even the exact same attack that inflicted the SE in the first place.

If something can be shocked/miraged and immediately hit you, the SE is worthless.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 11:25 AM
Sega has been surprising me with its updates, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did a major overhaul on status affects. Ideally I'd like them to become as strong as Unlucky describes them (they should be a big deal).

Zipzo
Apr 15, 2014, 11:26 AM
Mirage should make enemies attack empty space. You know, like they're...seeing a mirage.

I was under the impression that this is precisely what it does...

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 11:26 AM
Or a bit too weak considering the enemy would die on the next hit, or even the exact same attack that inflicted the SE in the first place.

If something can be shocked/miraged and immediately hit you, the SE is worthless.

These things should not be designed around 12 player MPAs, or 4 player minmaxed godgeared players.

Nothing should be.

We get crazy OP, that doesn't mean SEs get to be too. Design this shit around your average joe's experience in a 4 player MPA.

I was under the impression that this is precisely what it does...

Nope. At first some of us thought it worked that way, but time has shown that isn't the case. They attack like normal, but their attacks have some small chance to whiff. I've had miraged rongos roll through me without touching me, miraged mizers slash through me without touching me, etc.

ShinMaruku
Apr 15, 2014, 11:29 AM
Yup always balance for people on the middle and never for the top or the bottom because you can foul things up.

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2014, 11:31 AM
Pretty sure budget 9*s can still two-three hit level appropriate trash.

SEs have been worthless since grinding up to lv20 in Normal mode.

"Oh cool, this sword I picked up freezes stuff sometimes, but I never realize it in time and it breaks right after!"

or "wtf does the lightning bolt icon mean?" or "why is that monkey on fire, is it taking damage? Oh, 9HP, wow, that's totally noticeable when my normal attacks do almost a hundred each!"

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 11:32 AM

If something can be shocked/miraged and immediately hit you, the SE is worthless.I do agree that shock should knock things down immediately, it's just that I see status effects being for dealing with those "tough" mobs like gorongos, gilnas, dingils, etc. And I also thing mobs shouldn't be dying so fast in the first place. If they die too fast then status effects will be negligable regardless of how strong they are anyway.

They're FAR too easy to apply to be constantly taking things completely out of the fight. Shock is already plenty good as it is on annoying enemies like Wondas, Krabhadas and Dingils.

I like the rest of your ideas, it was just the shock making enemies not able to move at all, and mirage making them do no damage that didn't sit well with me. The only reason freeze is so powerful is BECAUSE you can break it by hitting them.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 11:37 AM
Agreeing with Kondi. Just because they're useless on oodans doesn't mean they're useless full stop. A poisoned kata takes a lot more than 9 damage, and a shocked rongo exposes its guts pretty quickly.

Also, they're mostly useful as a damage bonus for chase fighters anyway, so there's that too. Chase should be easier to get to (remove that 5 SP prereq ffs) and more integrated into the class's role.

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2014, 11:39 AM
Well I do like other games where SE have diminishing returns.

Something like Shock would guarantee knockdown immediately, then every successive dice roll is a lower chance at another knockdown until it wears off. And I only meant really small enemies getting taken out for the whole duration. Garongos and Wondas would walk through it and only get flinched.

Mirage should gradually fade every failed attack. But definitely guarantee at least the first hit, otherwise there'd be no point in even attempting to apply it. Not everything will get the SE at all, so I want it to actually work when it lands.

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2014, 11:46 AM
Well I do like other games where SE have diminishing returns.

Something like Shock would guarantee knockdown immediately, then every successive dice roll is a lower chance at another knockdown until it wears off. And I only meant really small enemies getting taken out for the whole duration. Garongos and Wondas would walk through it and only get flinched.

Mirage should gradually fade every failed attack. But definitely guarantee at least the first hit, otherwise there'd be no point in even attempting to apply it. Not everything will get the SE at all, so I want it to actually work when it lands.I don't care about status effects on small enemies, so I don't really see any point in having a seperate effect for them. Even if they get buffed they'd still probably die too fast for it to be useful. If they get buffed so much that Kradhas take as long to kill without paralizing them as Wondas do then I'd probably quit the game because that sounds really tedious.

I just think Mirage should do something completely different because unlike shock there's no way to actually TELL when it's working. Sure you could have that first hit that always misses, but after that there's no way to tell if its working or not and you're better off just dodging to be on the safe side.

Maybe combine them? Enemies attack aimlessly AND have a chance to miss you? I dunno.

EDIT: This isn't really related but one thing I've seen in several games is having enemies and players alike get damage and defense bonuses against enemies more than a certain amount of levels below them, but no exp penalties. I think combining something like that with level scailing enemies in mpas would be a better way to balance the solo game and 12 man MPA game than just flat out buffing everything. This way a solo player or 4 man party isn't overwhelmed by enemies they can't kill, but MPAs don't faceroll everything. They'd have to change the exp curve to be reasonable for enemies closer to your level and remove the exp penaltie entirely though and I honestly find that less likely than level scailing in MPAs. :/

jooozek
Apr 15, 2014, 11:56 AM
Well the damage variance should be 1-2k from VH to SH (well really it depends on the enemy). Though this is impressive. I could see someone using only il-megid if they have machine hunter talis, dragon hunter talis, and so forth.
or just use the newest 10* talis that has a boost to dark techs

LonelyGaruga
Apr 15, 2014, 12:16 PM
King's Bit and the SHAQ Sanctum Talis actually have better damage than the Demonic Smile Talis on their appropriate targets, but you'd still need it for everything else.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 01:40 PM
Bumped updated Idk when but:

Techer Class Adjustments
Adjusted the skill points for learning the following Techer skills:
Territory Burst
Wind Mastery 2
Light Mastery 2
Dark Mastery 2
Wand Lovers

Does that mean Dark mastery will cost even less SP? Holy Photons. And territorial burst might be a 1 sp skill? Wand Lovers too???

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 01:59 PM

Does that mean Dark mastery will cost even less SP? Holy Photons. And territorial burst might be a 1 sp skill? Wand Lovers too???

They're probably just reducing the SP requirements to access those skills.

There's no way Sega would do something as intelligent as reducing the SP requirements of all those skills, enabling a Techer to do more than 1 thing remotely well.

Sizustar
Apr 15, 2014, 02:41 PM
Let's see, Fo/Fi without fancy dark weapons: 6k to an Oodan, 7.5k to a Baridran.

That's pretty much just the 30% natural weakness taking effect there.

With a Dark build+EWH+16% latent that should easily break 10k.

My weapon a Fancy Dark tali~ and T-atk,
Def gear is the 3S +60 T-atk(Soul+Technique III)
My gear is for PP, not for T-atk
2191 T-atk without shifta, just Premium Atk up and Lv.7 Team room atk up buff
2396 T-atk with Shifta
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/NMxb8tb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jjUXvWs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LgQeats.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/A8KgJwN.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Test in SH Forest Exploration

With Dark skill tree, and Tali up, I deal 6.7k~7k damage to enemy not weak to Dark
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/uzSPakp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xpeHdBZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/R3Bc4Bm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KsDub1B.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Without Dark tree(Light tree, only lv.3 Dark mastery) and Tali bonus
I deal 3.7~5.1k damage
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/tXYzEBo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rUhyOlm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SbHMfWk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nbPFhlZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IsG7kfB.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 02:43 PM
Yeah, those numbers make more sense. When you told me you were hitting 3.5k-4k on things non-weak to dark I was really confused.

Kikikiki
Apr 15, 2014, 02:44 PM

There's no way Sega would do something as intelligent as reducing the SP requirements of all those skills, enabling a Techer to do more than 1 thing remotely well.

I'm hoping for it.

WBMike
Apr 15, 2014, 02:49 PM

As what Gigawuts said, it's referring to skill point requirements to learn that skill.

Apr 15, 2014, 03:19 PM

I actually had trouble hitting their weak-points reliably with ilmegid (when locked on at least, not aiming). However I feel like megid always hits them which is weird. Using dark techs on them probably isn't the best idea anyway though, I was just messing around/testing.

Triple_S
Apr 15, 2014, 05:06 PM
As what Gigawuts said, it's referring to skill point requirements to learn that skill.

Even still, that's definitely better than nothing.

Honestly a lot of skills on various trees shouldn't require as many levels in their prereqs that they do. Gear skills should be obtainable without prerequisites IMO.

I also think Gunslash Gear should be a thing that differs depending on the main class of the wielder (to an extent; maybe Melee, Ranged, Techs), and Bow's Rapid Shooting skills should be reworked (seriously, I hate the ramp-up and I'd rather it was a toggle, perhaps with more demerits to it).

Omega-z
Apr 15, 2014, 06:48 PM
I don't care about status effects on small enemies, so I don't really see any point in having a seperate effect for them. Even if they get buffed they'd still probably die too fast for it to be useful. If they get buffed so much that Kradhas take as long to kill without paralizing them as Wondas do then I'd probably quit the game because that sounds really tedious.

I just think Mirage should do something completely different because unlike shock there's no way to actually TELL when it's working. Sure you could have that first hit that always misses, but after that there's no way to tell if its working or not and you're better off just dodging to be on the safe side.

Maybe combine them? Enemies attack aimlessly AND have a chance to miss you? I dunno.

EDIT: This isn't really related but one thing I've seen in several games is having enemies and players alike get damage and defense bonuses against enemies more than a certain amount of levels below them, but no exp penalties. I think combining something like that with level scailing enemies in mpas would be a better way to balance the solo game and 12 man MPA game than just flat out buffing everything. This way a solo player or 4 man party isn't overwhelmed by enemies they can't kill, but MPAs don't faceroll everything. They'd have to change the exp curve to be reasonable for enemies closer to your level and remove the exp penaltie entirely though and I honestly find that less likely than level scailing in MPAs. :/

Kondibon - What if they made Mirage have a slowing affect a 40%~60% base on Lv./tech on the movement and attack speed being reduced instead with a 25%~50% base on Lv./tech for a chance of actions failing/wiffing. Would work both ways Foes/Players thoughts?

edit: That could work since the higher the Mirage Lv. the shorter the duration is as it stands at the moment.

.Jack
Apr 15, 2014, 07:24 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3121388&postcount=123

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3121698&postcount=139

"9-10k average, 10k+ with buffs"

I can't log in to test right now though. Very inconvenient. ;x

Testing on forest enemies this time. ^^

1st one is att drink and shifta, second same + team buff:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-UZgVW9ln8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YUksxA26nw[/SPOILER-BOX]

UnLucky
Apr 15, 2014, 07:30 PM

So many skills need to be cut down like that though.

But they wouldn't do that since they're deathly afraid of changing anything substantial. It'd also mean a forced reset or partial refund since you can't have 10/5 in a skill.

Alma
Apr 15, 2014, 09:23 PM
Testing on forest enemies this time. ^^

1st one is att drink and shifta, second same + team buff:

[SPOILER-BOX]Megid1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-UZgVW9ln8)

Megid2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YUksxA26nw)[/SPOILER-BOX]

and after the 23rd update, it will have 25% boost if your weapon element is 50% dark...
the 10k will roughly become 11-12k per hit on non weak enemy...
isn't that a little too excessive? :wacko:

Chdata
Apr 15, 2014, 09:28 PM
so you'll be able to one hit everything with il megid

ShinMaruku
Apr 15, 2014, 09:49 PM
Well if that comes to pass, GG sega....

Coatl
Apr 15, 2014, 10:01 PM
If you can hit 10k now on things non-weak to dark, sure.

Chdata
Apr 15, 2014, 11:25 PM
It's kinda wasteful of team points though because you can two hit the same mobs with at least 7000.

Well, I guess there's the factor of party members finishing them off.

ShinMaruku
Apr 16, 2014, 12:51 AM
Il megid did make me play more force a bit more but I must queeze my braver for some SH runs so I can get that bloody rod with the dark latent.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 16, 2014, 01:42 AM
The Talis is better if you get Talis Tech Bonus anyway.

Coatl
Apr 16, 2014, 01:45 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3123156&postcount=199

Does about 1k damage difference between talis and rod. It might not matter in the end.

Sizustar
Apr 16, 2014, 04:08 AM
and after the 23rd update, it will have 25% boost if your weapon element is 50% dark...
the 10k will roughly become 11-12k per hit on non weak enemy...
isn't that a little too excessive? :wacko:

Not really, since you'll need specific gear that reaches 3000 T-atk to reach that number.
Weapon with 100, t-atk(Soul+TechIII+Ability 3+Tech boost+Mutation), and def gear with 100t-atk each(Soul+TechIII+Ability 3+Tech boost+Mutation)

LonelyGaruga
Apr 16, 2014, 11:23 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3123156&postcount=199

Does about 1k damage difference between talis and rod. It might not matter in the end.

Easier to grind, easier to acquire, better Namegid as well, which will matter, and less wasted travel time for Ilmegid when thrown near an enemy, meaning more potential hits. Weddle Park drops from Ol Micdas in Tunnels, while the Talis drops from Dahgash in Ruins, which are exceptionally common in bursts, particularly in area 1.

Basically, it's the easier to obtain option in addition to being the more beneficial one. Fo/Te is the best combination for both damage and PP regen, so there's no reason not to get Talis Tech Bonus.

Alma
Apr 16, 2014, 01:00 PM
indeed, talis one is more cheaper, versatile, stronger and easier to grind than the rod one

but the rod one is not useless either.
the rod version was for people that wanna free 5sp on their FO tree.
or for lazy people that don't want to face the hassle to throw a talis every 4 tech (lol)

LonelyGaruga
Apr 16, 2014, 02:13 PM
You're getting more out of that 5 SP than you would anything else you could use it for while using the Rod. The Rod does do one thing better than the Talis, and that's a more easily aimed, if weaker, Samegid. It's strictly worse in every other aspect until Force gets enough skills worth using that skipping out on Talis Tech Bonus actually becomes viable for damage.