PDA

View Full Version : -sets fire to whoever keeps making these wands-

Arksenth
Apr 9, 2014, 09:52 AM
So.

Lamia Wand comes out and it has a Splendid Recovery latent.

No big deal, the next few wands should be better~!

The next wand has a Photon Blast latent.

Ughhhh. What's the next patch?

-next patch comes-

>> Fury Stance by 3% latent.
>> Another Splendid Recovery latent.

GO AWAY FOREVER, SEGA

SOB

cheapgunner
Apr 9, 2014, 09:56 AM
I like how they dont include a wand reactors latent to the new ones like the 10* has. And where's my wand explosion latent... :(

yoshiblue
Apr 9, 2014, 09:58 AM
Could be worse. Could be something silly like Aerial Advance.

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2014, 09:59 AM
Clearly, good itemization is not SEGA's forte.
As if it wasn't already obvious with stuff like Flame Visit being equppable by Fighters or whatever...
Or the number of weapons with latents that nobody will EVER use.

Every time I see/hear of Techer issues, I remember the dev team chirping about how happy they were with their Techer buffs.

Tenlade
Apr 9, 2014, 10:40 AM
I just want a wand that's goddamn useable by fighters. Bravers and hunters have terrible T-atk SEGA, stop trying to make me sub them.

Arksenth
Apr 9, 2014, 10:43 AM
I just want a wand that's goddamn useable by fighters. Bravers and hunters have terrible T-atk SEGA, stop trying to make me sub them.

They need a wand with a Brave Stance latent already aaaaaaah.

jooozek
Apr 9, 2014, 10:45 AM
at least you arent a wizard

Arksenth
Apr 9, 2014, 10:47 AM
at least you arent a wizard

I'm a magical girl!

Kawaii Moe-moe Desu!

-random high kick-

Zipzo
Apr 9, 2014, 10:54 AM
Um, the best wand they could release is a proper machine hunter wand.

Anything else would just be near worthless or a waste of time.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2014, 10:56 AM
Should've been wise stance.

Inazuma
Apr 9, 2014, 11:09 AM
It would also be nice if they fixed wands so they cast at the same speed as every other weapon type.

Arksenth
Apr 9, 2014, 11:14 AM
Not a big deal, it's not like you're going to be chain casting too much from a Wand unless you're using Elysion, and that balances out because you're not charging.

Oh wait I forgot you were Inazuma.

No you are right optimize optimize optimize optimize be the best at an online game.

ShinMaruku
Apr 9, 2014, 11:15 AM
Geniet van uw moment van triomf, maar onthoudt dat de overwinning zijn prijs heeft.

Inazuma
Apr 9, 2014, 11:27 AM
No you are right optimize optimize optimize optimize be the best at an online game.

Is this supposed to be making fun of me? You should at least tell me I'm terrible at PSO2, even if it's untrue. *shrugs*

Arksenth
Apr 9, 2014, 11:34 AM
Is this supposed to be making fun of me? You should at least tell me I'm terrible at PSO2, even if it's untrue. *shrugs*

No, honey, I'm agreeing with you.

You are great and special!!!

Inazuma
Apr 9, 2014, 11:45 AM
No, honey, I'm agreeing with you.

You are great and special!!!

Oh yeah? Well, you want to do your best and you are really nice! And you have a big cock too.

btw-Niji
Apr 9, 2014, 11:51 AM
You are terrible, though.

chaoko99
Apr 9, 2014, 11:52 AM

thats a pretty...

brave stance

Triple_S
Apr 9, 2014, 11:54 AM
thats a pretty...

brave stance

Oh my god I'm going to punch you in the nose

Sanguine2009
Apr 9, 2014, 01:18 PM
can i stab them after you are done burning them? i know sega hates techers and all but this is ridiculous, how hard would it be to give us ONE good 11* wand other than elysion and maybe the upcoming bio wand(which will still be inferior)

Arksenth
Apr 9, 2014, 01:25 PM
Bio Wand will only get a latent for tech damage, not both.

The species wands are way better than that. And even if you're just teching, why not pick up an Elysion or an elemental wand?

Ughhhhh.

Sanguine2009
Apr 9, 2014, 01:51 PM
which is why i said it will still be inferior, we really could use 11*s with species latents.

Dnd
Apr 9, 2014, 02:17 PM
Could be worse. Could be something silly like Aerial Advance.

Well swords get a new 11* weapon which is equipable by braver and has a weak stance latent...

not sure how it could get much worse personally speaking....

Arksenth
Apr 9, 2014, 02:20 PM
Wand latents I want to (but will never) see:

Electromagnetic Reinforcement:
Cannot be flinched when a Zondeel field is cast. Level increases duration of buff from 0.5 seconds (lv. 1) to 2.0 seconds (lv. 3)

Giant Killer:
Melee strikes and wand gear gains damage when fighting boss-type monsters. (50%/100%/200%)

Suction Pulse:
Detonated Zondeel has a chance of retaining its suction powers. (50%/75%/100%)

Strike Effect:
Wand gear explosions will have a chance of applying their respective elemental SEs. (2%/5%/10%)

Concentration:
Chance of eliminating flinch when hit during a charged tech. (25%/50%/100%)

pkemr4
Apr 9, 2014, 02:25 PM
sega really hates Fo/Te's dont they?

Macman
Apr 9, 2014, 03:15 PM
Who cares? You're all suckling on your Elysion pacifiers anyway.

Rakurai
Apr 9, 2014, 03:19 PM
The only weapons that even seem worth mentioning from this patch other then the Bio weapons are the 11* launcher with standing snipe and 10* talis with dark mastery.

Sanguine2009
Apr 9, 2014, 06:37 PM
hmm, just noticed they added a noir drall wand too. at least thats a step up from the ex wand

Zipzo
Apr 9, 2014, 10:03 PM
Not a big deal, it's not like you're going to be chain casting too much from a Wand unless you're using Elysion, and that balances out because you're not charging.

Oh wait I forgot you were Inazuma.

He's doing probably the most valid form of purely casted damage dealing available within our current balance phase, not sure how you could act mighty in his direction over that. All of your ideas in this thread are pretty much awful.

(except 200% boss damage, not exactly awful, but yeah right)

You are terrible, though.

Oh with all the copious amounts of proof that you are somehow even superior to him or that you've played with him at all, I'm sure you're the most viable judge of that ಠ_ಠ

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2014, 10:09 PM
It would also be nice if they fixed wands so they cast at the same speed as every other weapon type.
It would be too little too late, but yes.

Triple_S
Apr 9, 2014, 10:44 PM
All of your ideas in this thread are pretty much awful.

(except 200% boss damage, not exactly awful, but yeah right)

The ideas aren't awful. They wouldn't do too much to make Techer super awesome, but they're neat latents that do have appeal to them (definitely more than some of the shitty ones we actually have).

-Preventing flinching while your Zondeel is active would be useful, so long as it didn't nullify knockdown and other invulnerability-triggering states.

-Triple damage with melee strikes and the resulting explosions on bosses when using a wand gives a much-needed boost to boss-killing ability, and prevents PP-regen melee time from being where DPS goes to die.

-Zondeel keeping suction even when detonated would be a godsend during MPAs where lightning Forces are present and would make it an even better mobbing spel. Though if this happens, it should just be a mechanic of the spell and not a latent so that lightning Forces don't have to pull any punches.

-I will say the wand explosion SE thing is a little meh for a latent (at least with those percents), but it should definitely be a mechanic of Wand Gear (or knowing SEGA a separate skill) because mass status effects is something a support-based magic class should be good at. Techer's offensive capabilities come in the form of crowd control so why not make it better? Plus it'd synergize well with Fighter's Chase skills, and that's just awesome, especially for TE/FI players.

-Not flinching when charging a tech is nice as well because it's basically a pretty large DPS increase that goes well with Techer's up-close-and-personal style.

I won't comment on the "is Inazuma good or not" thing since it's something not worth arguing. Besides, it's attitude people care about here; you can be completely spot-on with criticism but no one cares if you're shitting in everyone's Cheerios when giving it.

...and no, I don't mean pissing.

Zipzo
Apr 9, 2014, 10:50 PM
The ideas aren't awful. They wouldn't do too much to make Techer super awesome, but they're neat latents that do have appeal to them (definitely more than some of the shitty ones we actually have).

They are and I will explain why.

-Preventing flinching while your Zondeel is active would be useful, so long as it didn't nullify knockdown and other invulnerability-triggering states.

No, because you should be using a damage boosting wand in basically any case you are attacking enemies. It's not hard to avoid getting flinched after a Zondeel.

-Triple damage with melee strikes and the resulting explosions on bosse1s when using a wand gives a much-needed boost to boss-killing ability, and prevents PP-regen melee time from being where DPS goes to die.

Yeah I already said this would obviously be a good one, but it's absolutely unrealistic to expect a 200% boss damage increase latent for any weapon.

-Zondeel keeping suction even when detonated would be a godsend during MPAs where lightning Forces are present and would make it an even better mobbing spel. Though if this happens, it should just be a mechanic of the spell and not a latent so that lightning Forces don't have to pull any punches.

Same answer as to the other zondeel latent...

-I will say the wand explosion SE thing is a little meh for a latent (at least with those percents), but it should definitely be a mechanic of Wand Gear (or knowing SEGA a separate skill) because mass status effects is something a support-based magic class should be good at. Techer's offensive capabilities come in the form of crowd control so why not make it better? Plus it'd synergize well with Fighter's Chase skills, and that's just awesome, especially for TE/FI players.

Mobs die in two swings, thus this SE latent is rendered useless...and in addition, the same answer I gave to the Zondeel latents.

-Not flinching when charging a tech is nice as well because it's basically a pretty large DPS increase that goes well with Techer's up-close-and-personal style.

Same answer to the Zondeel latents...

I won't comment on the "is Inazuma good or not" thing since it's something not worth arguing. Besides, it's attitude people care about here; you can be completely spot-on with criticism but no one cares if you're shitting in everyone's Cheerios when giving it.

...and no, I don't mean pissing.

I just get really annoyed of the constant bullying of Inazuma. Sure, he touts Elysion like it's god, so what. It's not like what he says is utterly inaccurate, it really is the choice method to play caster these days.

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2014, 11:01 PM
Yeah, those latents (barring boss killing) should be skills instead.

Which means they totally will become latents.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 9, 2014, 11:58 PM
I just get really annoyed of the constant bullying of Inazuma. Sure, he touts Elysion like it's god, so what. It's not like what he says is utterly inaccurate, it really is the choice method to play caster these days.

You're defending someone who literally said that Te/Fo Sazan off Elysion is the best course of action 90% of the time. In every quest. And they keep claiming they play Force when they actually play Techer, which is the greatest inaccuracy committed!

I'm not going to say he's wrong, but it has nothing to do with him. There's nothing he advocates that is actually sound. Elysion is good, but not as good as he says. Sazan is good, but not as good as he says. That's basically the case for everything Inazuma says. He's right, but not completely right. More like 70%.

Triple_S
Apr 10, 2014, 12:03 AM
A lot of pretty good points

Biggest problem I have with the points against the Zondeel latents is that, well, your damage is most likely insignificant as a Techer main. Unless you're Elysion spamming you really don't have a chance to dish out truly-damaging spells. Zondeel does more help nuke mobs than Techer could dream of doing with other spells, though, but the biggest bane to Zondeel's existence is being detonated. It retaining full suction during that would make it more useful for damage-dealing, allow Techers with good timing to actually extend the length of Zondeel's suction while doing damage, and prevent a Zonde-happy player from ruining the goddamn universe with their bullshit. Though like I said it has a much better place as a skill... I wouldn't be entirely unhappy if it was a latent. At least it's something.

As for the SEs... Everything dies in two swings. What about when it inevitably doesn't? Since we're speaking of future latents it makes sense to think about having them on wands during a time when enemies actually aren't being instagibbed. Though an argument for future-proofing falls better under my argument of "this really should be a mechanic of Wand Gear," because it really should be. Again though, if it ends up being a latent... at least it's an option. Oh, and Chase Fighter synergy is still nice.

I admit I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason for the "no flinch while charging" that has practical application. It's like, I know of them, but there's a pretty long chain of situational arguments that I honestly just don't feel like seeing to the end. And believe me, I had a shitload typed out before I was like "fuck this, I'm gonna go play Divekick."

And finally, on the boss damage... it's unrealistic but damn it'd be useful and actually not overpowered. If they really want to encourage the melee side of Techer, they gotta give it a melee power boost against boss-type enemies. Using Elysion and spamming Sazan, Namegid, and Ilbarta is still casting-centric, which doesn't fulfill my desire to run up to the boss, smack him with my wand, and cause elemental explosions as I pummel him.

I really like elemental melee fighters/spellsword types in games. Have you noticed? Man I wish there was a way to use magic to create weapons out of elements. Charge your wand to turn it into a giant fire sword, fuck yeah

Arksenth
Apr 10, 2014, 12:39 AM
Latents done properly, like Elysion's latent or Guid Milla's latent, should open up new modes of gameplay and enhance current gameplay by offering viability to certain playstyles and tactics.

Not everything in this game is about lol damage lol more multiples lol lol lol dps, honey.

Oh wait, I forgot you're Zipzo.

Never mind! No point in arguing! You're right, and we should all just do 999,999,999 damage a hit because that's the game!

cheapgunner
Apr 10, 2014, 12:54 AM
Would be cool for a wand latent to cast a free resta every time your hp drops to 50% or lower. Heck, how about a latent that adds a minute or so time on shifta and deband when casted.

Zipzo
Apr 10, 2014, 01:33 AM
Biggest problem I have with the points against the Zondeel latents is that, well, your damage is most likely insignificant as a Techer main. Unless you're Elysion spamming you really don't have a chance to dish out truly-damaging spells. Zondeel does more help nuke mobs than Techer could dream of doing with other spells, though, but the biggest bane to Zondeel's existence is being detonated. It retaining full suction during that would make it more useful for damage-dealing, allow Techers with good timing to actually extend the length of Zondeel's suction while doing damage, and prevent a Zonde-happy player from ruining the goddamn universe with their bullshit. Though like I said it has a much better place as a skill... I wouldn't be entirely unhappy if it was a latent. At least it's something.

As for the SEs... Everything dies in two swings. What about when it inevitably doesn't? Since we're speaking of future latents it makes sense to think about having them on wands during a time when enemies actually aren't being instagibbed. Though an argument for future-proofing falls better under my argument of "this really should be a mechanic of Wand Gear," because it really should be. Again though, if it ends up being a latent... at least it's an option. Oh, and Chase Fighter synergy is still nice.

I admit I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason for the "no flinch while charging" that has practical application. It's like, I know of them, but there's a pretty long chain of situational arguments that I honestly just don't feel like seeing to the end. And believe me, I had a shitload typed out before I was like "fuck this, I'm gonna go play Divekick."

And finally, on the boss damage... it's unrealistic but damn it'd be useful and actually not overpowered. If they really want to encourage the melee side of Techer, they gotta give it a melee power boost against boss-type enemies. Using Elysion and spamming Sazan, Namegid, and Ilbarta is still casting-centric, which doesn't fulfill my desire to run up to the boss, smack him with my wand, and cause elemental explosions as I pummel him.

I really like elemental melee fighters/spellsword types in games. Have you noticed? Man I wish there was a way to use magic to create weapons out of elements. Charge your wand to turn it into a giant fire sword, fuck yeah

I like your ideas.

The issue is not so much that I disagree with your logic, but that I'm basing my fundamental game play style off of what logically works within the game, as it is today. If things change, so will my play style and my opinions (as it reasonably should).

Our damage is obviously not Braver. None of the other classes are. It's obviously not Gunner, but it should be as close to that as we can get so that we are contributing as much as virtually possible while playing in such a niche role/class.

It is possible to do a maximum amount of damage your class combination can possibly maneuver, while at the same time providing Zondeel. There's literally no argument that can you can make against that sort of goal, except in a case where you're just hand waving damage out of pure spite of other classes who happen to do more. There's no point in contributing less just because you believe you can and still get it done.

If things inevitably become durable enough to survive more than a few swings (this cricumstance already exists, like in TD with Goldrahdas), a SE latent still wouldn't be very good because none of the status effects would last long enough or get enough chances to be of any use. Trash mobs will inevitably always be trash mobs, there will never be a point in this game, no matter what mode we end up in, that we're taking more than 20 seconds to kill one single trash mob, and that's honestly what it would need to take for applying status effects as a role to be even considered as something worthwhile.

You're defending someone who literally said that Te/Fo Sazan off Elysion is the best course of action 90% of the time. In every quest. And they keep claiming they play Force when they actually play Techer, which is the greatest inaccuracy committed!

I'm not going to say he's wrong, but it has nothing to do with him. There's nothing he advocates that is actually sound. Elysion is good, but not as good as he says. Sazan is good, but not as good as he says. That's basically the case for everything Inazuma says. He's right, but not completely right. More like 70%.

He most certainly has done this, but he didn't do it here, so I just don't see the point in purposely initiating that kind of flame fest in a topic that doesn't need it.

Despite what he says, he still manages to be a decent player in game. I don't even fully get along with him, on the forums or in the game, but he pulls his weight so I can't really argue.

Latents done properly, like Elysion's latent or Guid Milla's latent, should open up new modes of gameplay and enhance current gameplay by offering viability to certain playstyles and tactics.

Not everything in this game is about lol damage lol more multiples lol lol lol dps, honey.

Oh wait, I forgot you're Zipzo.

Never mind! No point in arguing! You're right, and we should all just do 999,999,999 damage a hit because that's the game!

Unfortunately you're wrong about this. Everything in this game is about damage and more multiples because that's what gets TD's done easier. That's what gets you bursts, that's what gets you quick boss kills, it's what basically helps you do everything in this game easier.

Hell, it helps you do anything in any MMO easier. Damage is essentially the most necessary role in doing anything within either a decent amount of time, or efficiently within a time limit.

Whether I or you like it or not, that's just the game we currently play until they make some sweeping design changes. I just don't play the game in some kind of fantasy mind set, I play to the mechanics. Albeit, I play a niche role, but I don't play to do the very most amount of damage possible in the game, I simply play to do the very most that I can as the class I enjoy.

You're making some kind of silly point that it's pointless to argue with me, but I've yet to see you ever many any worthwhile points. You're just some character on the forum people find more jolly in ignoring or playing off of with your "poor people" routine or your new, magical girl, semi-lady-boy weird thing you have going on.

Would be cool for a wand latent to cast a free resta every time your hp drops to 50% or lower. Heck, how about a latent that adds a minute or so time on shifta and deband when casted.

Neither of these ideas are very good either. Shifta & Deband are almost pointless as they are...and automate halfline for Techer? Really? As a latent in the face of the other latents we have available?

UnLucky
Apr 10, 2014, 01:53 AM

Something like flinch resistance is nice, but I wouldn't go out of my way to latent a specific weapon just for that. Any time I'm not taking damage I'd feel like I should be using a better weapon.

A Zondeel protecting latent would make for a great side weapon to switch to when your +20% DPS stick goes limp cause of some Zonde asshole. But as a main weapon to specifically aim for, it's not really that useful.

An SE latent would be... pretty bad. Unless it was like a 40% rate so it'd actually come into play for mobbing, and help out certain boss fights a bit since if you're not dealing damage, at least you're stunning the thing. Though putting it on a single weapon means you only get one SE, so nevermind about bossing, you'd especially want a damage latent instead for that.

Triple damage to bosses would be ridiculous. Techer would be entirely balanced around this one weapon and their tree would never get anything else damage related ever again. And it still wouldn't be as good as other classes, though even if it was, I really do not want to see the best strategy for optimal DPS in the entire game be a string of regular attacks.

yoshiblue
Apr 10, 2014, 01:56 AM
Latents are eh. I wish forces could chain techs for greater effects.

Triple_S
Apr 10, 2014, 02:07 AM
God damn it why do people keep thinking duration is the biggest limiting factor to S&D

But I get what you mean about the damage bit. I'm not handwaving Techer's damage out of spite, I'm just arguing that there's plenty of potential in sacrificing some damage (or rather, not gaining it) to make Zondeel even more useful. And yeah, I do kinda wish SEs were better; faster burn ticks and have it spread to enemies in range, poison maybe reducing max health by a percentage, mirage not being fucking shit... hell, let's buff ice some more: frozen enemies are affected by Zondeel and other vacuum PAs and Freeze Keep's max effect is applied by default. And then we'll make the wand SEs trigger special boss SE effects, and then we'll make Chase skills actually account for special boss SEs, and god damn does this game have a lot of underdeveloped mechanics. As much as I love this game it hurts to see just how great it could be if SEGA wasn't trying to figure out how far is too far when it comes to skimpy lolis.

EDIT:

Triple damage to bosses would be ridiculous. Techer would be entirely balanced around this one weapon and their tree would never get anything else damage related ever again. And it still wouldn't be as good as other classes, though even if it was, I really do not want to see the best strategy for optimal DPS in the entire game be a string of regular attacks.

*sigh* Yeah, I know. I'm just kinda throwing shit out there at this point. I wanna see some (more) suggestions from you guys!

Also has anyone else noticed that Cunningham's Law doesn't seem to apply to PSO-W? :V The only thing I can count on is a strange Inazuma-centric Godwin's Law. The longer a PSO2 balance thread is alive, the greater the chance of bashing Inazuma before he even shows up.

Zipzo
Apr 10, 2014, 02:25 AM
God damn it why do people keep thinking duration is the biggest limiting factor to S&D

I didn't say anything about its duration, and that's not even its most limiting factor.

The buffs are just plain short and weak.

But I get what you mean about the damage bit. I'm not handwaving Techer's damage out of spite, I'm just arguing that there's plenty of potential in sacrificing some damage (or rather, not gaining it) to make Zondeel even more useful. And yeah, I do kinda wish SEs were better; faster burn ticks and have it spread to enemies in range, poison maybe reducing max health by a percentage, mirage not being fucking shit... hell, let's buff ice some more: frozen enemies are affected by Zondeel and other vacuum PAs and Freeze Keep's max effect is applied by default. And then we'll make the wand SEs trigger special boss SE effects, and then we'll make Chase skills actually account for special boss SEs, and god damn does this game have a lot of underdeveloped mechanics. As much as I love this game it hurts to see just how great it could be if SEGA wasn't trying to figure out how far is too far when it comes to skimpy lolis.

There really is no potential there, though. Zondeel is just Zondeel, and improving your ability to avoid flinch personally after casting it doesn't improve its effect as a spell. To keep its magnetic effect running even when ignited makes it retard-proof, sure, but I want a latent that is designed to optimize my play style, not counteract the terrible-ness of others' play styles.

*sigh* Yeah, I know. I'm just kinda throwing shit out there at this point. I wanna see some (more) suggestions from you guys!

Also has anyone else noticed that Cunningham's Law doesn't seem to apply to PSO-W? :V The only thing I can count on is a strange Inazuma-centric Godwin's Law. The longer a PSO2 balance thread is alive, the greater the chance of bashing Inazuma before he even shows up.

When it comes down to it, SEGA is gonna SEGA, and the only power we have in this process is the power to bitch and whine as loud as possible at their misteps. As foreigners its probably your duty to attempt to bitch louder so you're even heard, unfortunately. We are not obligated to design their game for them, we're playing this game so we can benefit (fun-wise) from what they've created for us.

It's just when they show so much potential in certain areas, and then they blast other areas it frustrates people, so not only is there really nothing we can do but hope SEGA realizes their error or their misteps, but bitching really is the best course of action if you want to make a change.

On the other hand, most of the time I just go with the flow. Even if the balance is not in my favor...I deal with the hand I'm dealt. I'll give my opinion on the matter but I can't design SEGA's game for them. I'm not qualified to either, but we all sure as heck notice broken or weak when we see it.

Inazuma
Apr 10, 2014, 09:40 AM
There are a few reasons why so many people bash me and the things I say. For one, these people don't play PSO2 with me, so they don't know how good I am. I don't make videos, so that would be the only way for someone to really know.

The other reason is that many Forces don't know how to fully take advantage of Elysion or Sazan. They put together a half ass attempt and get disappointed when it's not the greatest thing in the world, then go back to using fire techs as FO/BR.

Sazan is fast and pretty strong, but it's not as strong as techs like Nafoie. At least, that's how it might appear if you are just comparing the damage numbers. Against an unmoving target with lots of HP, Nafoie would be better. When it comes to actually playing the game, that situation almost never comes up.

In PSO2, enemies spawn and they are killed within a second. Sazan lets you actually attack, when you wouldn't have been able to otherwise. And even if you are solo, it's still the best. Even if you could one shot the enemies with a different tech, that would be slower, use more PP and be harder to use than casting Sazan uncharged a few times.

Sazan isn't amazing on large groups of enemies since the AOE is fairly small. That's why you use Zondeel (with Territory Burst) to gather the enemies first. In ADs, you can have the Zondeel there before the enemies even spawn.

In a PSE Burst, if the enemies are spawning close to each other, you keep using Zondeel and Sazan at all times, so the enemies are constantly grouped together and die right away. If the enemies are spawning all over the place, just spam Sazan.

The truth is, Sazan is OP compared to almost every other tech, to the point where it makes them useless. The ones that could potentially have higher DPS usually end up failing due to high pp cost, slow cast time, difficulty to aim, activating Zondeel, etc.

Sazan is the best tech to use pretty much all the time, so that's why I use it pretty much all the time. If there is a situation where a different tech is the best to use, I use that tech instead. This is how I play Force. I constantly ask myself "What is the best move I can do right now?" Sega is the one who fucked up the balance of techs, so don't blame me for it.

Another thing I forgot to mention. Multiple skill trees is very important. If I'm doing a quest that has enemies weak to the element I am using, I will use Element Weak Hit. If not, I use a different tree with PP Convert. If I'm doing Caves, I use Super Treatment. If I'm playing in an area with enemies weak to both wind and ice, I use a tree made specifically for that.

Everyone is welcome to contact me in-game, and we can play AD together. Especially if you think you are better with techniques than I am. I would love to learn from you.

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2014, 09:54 AM
There are a few reasons why so many people bash me and the things I say. For one, these people don't play PSO2 with me, so they don't know how good I am.

This is some sig quality shit right here.

Zipzo
Apr 10, 2014, 09:58 AM
This is some sig quality shit right here.

To be fair I think you may interpreting it a little out of context (IE "Good" being the general vague measurement or depiction and level of his skill as opposed to implying that he *is* good).

Kikikiki
Apr 10, 2014, 09:59 AM
I wonder how Beardnazuma would play if Sazan hadn't gotten a boost.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2014, 10:02 AM
To be fair I think you may interpreting it a little out of context (IE "Good" being the general vague measurement or depiction and level of his skill as opposed to implying that he *is* good).Read the rest of the post and say that again. >_>

Inazuma
Apr 10, 2014, 10:30 AM
I wonder how Beardnazuma would play if Sazan hadn't gotten a boost.

Before Sazan was OP, I used mostly talises, along with almost every technique from every element. That's because it was the best way to play Force at the time. I also used most of the other classes as subclasses and would change often, depending on which was best.

If future updates to the game cause Sazan to not be as useful, I won't use it as much.

In other words, I don't think "I want to use Sazan". More like "I want to use the best tech for my current situation." It just happens to be Sazan nearly all the time. That's how the game is.

@Giga

I think we only played together for like one quest a few months ago. Based on what I know about you from PSOW, I could guess that you are pretty good at playing the game, but your selfish personality holds you back. I can't be positive unless I played with you more though.

Gardios
Apr 10, 2014, 10:32 AM
Oh look another topic that ended up with Inazuma babbling about Sa Zan. How do we even manage to end up like this over and over again?

Arksenth
Apr 10, 2014, 10:33 AM
LOL

PSO-World is just the gift that keeps giving sometimes.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2014, 10:36 AM
It's like a bad sitcom...

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2014, 10:40 AM
@Giga

I think we only played together for like one quest a few months ago. Based on what I know about you from PSOW, I could guess that you are pretty good at playing the game, but your selfish personality holds you back. I can't be positive unless I played with you more though.

This isn't accurate, but I'm not going to be playing with you again any time soon so I guess you're going to have to keep thinking that.

Arksenth
Apr 10, 2014, 10:58 AM
This isn't accurate, but I'm not going to be playing with you again any time soon so I guess you're going to have to keep thinking that.

But then he can't show you how good he is at this game and you'll never be able to love and admire him!!!

Why do you deny the poor guy of love?!

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2014, 11:01 AM
But then he can't show you how good he is at this game and you'll never be able to love and admire him!!!

Why do you deny the poor guy of love?!

Oh my god! You're right. He just wants sempai to notice him! It all makes sense now!

Arksenth
Apr 10, 2014, 11:06 AM
gigawuts is the senpai of PSO-World.

KONDI.

LET'S MAKE A "We Support Inazuma's Love" TEENAGE GIRL CLIQUE.

You can be the thug yankee friend!

I'll be the pure-hearted school idol friend!

Natsu Nem
Apr 10, 2014, 11:15 AM
If I combine my efficient positioning, AI abuse, and adaptability with Elysion/Sazan, do I literally become god?

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2014, 11:28 AM
gigawuts is the senpai of PSO-World.

KONDI.

LET'S MAKE A "We Support Inazuma's Love" TEENAGE GIRL CLIQUE.

You can be the thug yankee friend!

I'll be the pure-hearted school idol friend!Together we'll show PSO-W High that love comes in all forms through magical transformations and spontaneous choreographed song and dance routines!

If I combine my efficient positioning, AI abuse, and adaptability with Elysion/Sazan, do I literally become god?
yes

LonelyGaruga
Apr 10, 2014, 12:13 PM
He most certainly has done this, but he didn't do it here, so I just don't see the point in purposely initiating that kind of flame fest in a topic that doesn't need it.

Welp, he did it now! And honestly, he does it everywhere. I'd agree with you if Inazuma didn't take it upon himself to spread the gospel of Elysion Sazan in 75% of his posts, but that's exactly what happens.

Despite what he says, he still manages to be a decent player in game.

"I want to be the best 'Force', so I'm going to use Te/Fo and Sazan off Elysion 90% of the time. Everyone who says this is not the best way to play is bad at this game, and probably a selfish gaijin that annoys Japanese players. Everyone who provides evidence of my playstyle not being the best has provided evidence of a situation where Sazan could have been better, and I will make no effort to demonstrate, because this is irrefutable common sense."

How can you say he's decent. He's clearly the best.

There are a few reasons why so many people bash me and the things I say. For one, these people don't play PSO2 with me, so they don't know how good I am. I don't make videos, so that would be the only way for someone to really know.

We don't need videos. Your posts are evidence enough.

In other words, I don't think "I want to use Sazan". More like "I want to use the best tech for my current situation." It just happens to be Sazan nearly all the time. That's how the game is.

Plenty of other tech users I know do the same thing. You know what they came up with? A variety of weapons, techs, and subclasses. Not Sazan spam 90% of the time. If that's what you came up with, then I can only question the quality of your deduction skills.

@Giga

Based on what I know about you from PSOW, I could guess that you are pretty good at playing the game, but your selfish personality holds you back. I can't be positive unless I played with you more though.

Inazuma, you are doing an amazing job at representing the thoughtful, polite, overall morally superior Japanese culture. Keep at it.

Triple_S
Apr 10, 2014, 12:25 PM
I didn't say anything about its duration, and that's not even its most limiting factor.

The buffs are just plain short and weak.

I wasn't talking to you with that part, sorry. It was the person you quoted. I know you know the problems with S&D.

And the Zondeel vacuum-burst thing isn't just about making it retard-proof, it also makes lightning more appealing in MPAs. Right now going lightning spec is almost a complete waste if you do higher-demand quests at all because all Zonde techs will buttfuck the entire group's DPS when they inevitably blow up Zondeel fields. It'd be better as a core mechanic than a latent, but I've said that already.

Lastly, even though the discussion is highly unlikely to result in change, it's still fun to speculate and brainstorm new ideas through to the end. At the moment it's one of few subjects that actually have room for discussion at the moment. No longer much to really go over with what's currently in the game.

@Inazuma: Stop it. Really, don't tell people their selfishness in PSO2 is holding them back because that's a big load and you know it. Besides, selfish players want all the loot, so they'll do great.

Kikikiki
Apr 10, 2014, 01:19 PM
it's still fun to speculate and brainstorm new ideas through to the end.

But some people can only storm that much before their brains go wicky diddy.

UnLucky
Apr 10, 2014, 02:30 PM
List of techs that are stronger with Zondeel than Sazan:
Nafoie
Ilfoie
Rabarta (5th tick craft)
Gibarta (with weakness)
Ilbarta
Zonde (with weakness and a tick from Zondeel)
Ilzonde (with 2nd hit or as above)
Zan (with four total hits)
Ragrants (with weakness)
Gimegid (with weakness)
Ramegid (with at least 7/10 hits, or 6 with weakness)
Namegid (don't even need AoE craft, though it helps obv)
Ilmegid (with weakness or 2nd hit)

Honorable mention goes to Ilgrants, since I don't think it can hit multiple targets, but it's about twice as much damage as Sazan in one cast.

Oh, and this is without EWH, just the natural element bonus.

If a charged tech can oneshot, then it breaks even with two Sazans if it costs 21PP before PP Revival. Though two uncharged wand casts are still a quarter second faster than a single charged non-wand cast, accounting for casting animation delay.

@Giga

gigawuts is hilarious and I love playing with him whenever possible, you can quote me on this

btw-Niji
Apr 10, 2014, 03:20 PM
yes.

if you don't, you're a terrible player and you'll be sent to poor prison/.

Z-0
Apr 10, 2014, 03:28 PM
List of techs that are stronger with Zondeel than Sazan:
Nafoie
Ilfoie
Rabarta (5th tick craft)
Gibarta (with weakness)
Ilbarta
Zonde (with weakness and a tick from Zondeel)
Ilzonde (with 2nd hit or as above)
Zan (with four total hits)
Ragrants (with weakness)
Gimegid (with weakness)
Ramegid (with at least 7/10 hits, or 6 with weakness)
Namegid (don't even need AoE craft, though it helps obv)
Ilmegid (with weakness or 2nd hit)

Honorable mention goes to Ilgrants, since I don't think it can hit multiple targets, but it's about twice as much damage as Sazan in one cast.

Oh, and this is without EWH, just the natural element bonus.

If a charged tech can oneshot, then it breaks even with two Sazans if it costs 21PP before PP Revival. Though two uncharged wand casts are still a quarter second faster than a single charged non-wand cast, accounting for casting animation delay.

gigawuts is hilarious and I love playing with him whenever possible, you can quote me on this
hi pso-w lurkers, please ignore this post as it's a bad piece of advice

inazuma is right that elysion/sazan are the best.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 10, 2014, 04:43 PM
thats a pretty...

brave stance
http://i.minus.com/iUELuNbmkAKB6.gif