PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone confirm or deny that this is Edward@SEGA?

pso2love
Apr 9, 2014, 02:01 PM
UPDATE: Never mind... the following post has now been debunked, as you will find out by scrolling down a few posts.

Comment # 724

Originally Posted by Eclward@Sega View Post
Hello everyone. It’s been quite a while and now that I am at liberty to do so, there are some things I would like to share.

Being an official public relations rep with Sega put severe restrictions on what I could and could not say, and it was very upsetting to be assigned the task of monitoring this forum and listening to the frustration of you all, the fans and being more or less obligated to respond only with variations of the same response. But it’s important for you all to know that during this time, I really *DID* compile and present your collective posts albeit they ultimately fell on deaf ears. Although I am no longer employed by SEGA (having willfully resigned to move on to different opportunities) I was still legally required to refrain from divulging information pertinent to the game that was not already cleared to be released for a specific length of time; this has since lapsed and now I am free to speak to you without fear of legal reprisal.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is *NOT* going to be released in the West. It is not simply being delayed; it is in fact, cancelled.

The reason for this is that projected sales and profit margins are miniscule in comparison to those projected (and ultimately fulfilled, exceeded even) in Asian territories. The cost effectiveness of creating and maintaining official servers to provide the PSO2 service to such a comparatively small (although avid, especially from my experience in the forums) just isn’t deemed to be worthwhile when those resources are better concentrated where there is more money to be made.

Although I do believe that you all, the fans deserve to know that there is a specific reason why SEGA has neglected to publicly announce this, and it does bring quite a sense of relief to be able to tell it; while it IS true that PSO2 will not be localized to the West, there ARE plans to do so with some of the other Phantasy Star titles recently released, as well as ones to be released in the very near future. To openly publicize after so much media promotion of PSO2 that it has been decided NOT to deliver would be detrimental to the advertisement of these future games.

Again, I am truly sorry for having been obligated to withhold this information. It is my personal experience in the industry that it is ultimately you, the fans that are responsible for the successes of SEGA (or any company in the gaming industry for that matter.) With that being said, I hope to find that same sense of support over at NCSOFT (where I now work in Public Relations.)

Best of wishes to everyone! (as you can see somebody out there is trying to act like Edward@sega and start all this crap, had me fooled at first too with the comment at #715 and now on psoworld forms…. As you can see SEGA we need a little more then “delayed” or stuff like this happens and it does not help SOA’s rep.)

Posted by Guyver334 on April 8th, 2014 at 6:36 pm

This was posted yesterday on the blog post. Can anyone confirm or deny that this was by Edward@SEGA?

Lostbob117
Apr 9, 2014, 02:05 PM
That is not Edward lol.

HIT0SHI
Apr 9, 2014, 02:10 PM
EdwardAges (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=69495) is the real Edward@Sega.

pso2love
Apr 9, 2014, 02:50 PM
EdwardAges is the real Edward@Sega.

Thank you. Now this troll post can be put to rest.

Daiyousei
Apr 9, 2014, 02:54 PM
besides, if you look at the name in that post closely Eclward

pso2love
Apr 12, 2014, 03:38 PM
By Zyrusticae:
Fake or not... I believe him.

I mean seriously, let's not mince words here, if this thing comes at all there wouldn't even be a point to it. It'd be finished before it even started.

Let us all just finally accept that the JP servers are the place to be, and if you're not there then you never really cared that much to begin with.

It IS because people like you who encourage Violating a ToS that it gives SEGA more reason to keep delaying PSO2 NA. Just because I do not want to Violate ToS, does not mean I do not care, it's all the more reason to care to want to tell SEGA that we still want it here. Seriously, just stop with the antics. I for one, want to enjoy the game, not to depend on a fanslation, while violating ToS, and risk losing all my investment.

Zyrusticae
Apr 12, 2014, 03:41 PM
What a stupid non-argument.

We've been "violating ToS" for years now and SEGA just doesn't give a shit. Moreover, we get to play the game completely up-to-date as the updates happen instead of having a year or two-year or EVEN WORSE time delay on all updates.

I mean, it's up to you if you want to be so incredibly paranoid and entirely up to you whether or not a fan translation is not up to your standards, but at the same time I can call it out for what it is (i.e. an incredibly stupid, shortsighted decision).

pso2love
Apr 12, 2014, 03:43 PM
Ok, you lost the argument when you said "an incredibly stupid, shortsighted decision". We're done here.

Sizustar
Apr 12, 2014, 03:48 PM
The producer and the japanese player, the main market has already spoken, they don't mind and instead welcome all the foreign player, they think it's fun and makes the environment more interesting, the TOS was put there most likely by Sega's high up.
And as no one has been banned because of being from a foreign ip that I know of, one of my friend got 11 of his 12 account banned, but got 9 of them back, because Sega thought he was a RMT, because of trading among the 12 account, and he violated 2 of the TOS
No multiple account, and Foreign IP.
But Sega is giving him back the account, the missing account, is because he forgot the name he set it for.

pso2love
Apr 12, 2014, 03:55 PM
The producer and the japanese player, the main market has already spoken, they don't mind and instead welcome all the foreign player, they think it's fun and makes the environment more interesting, the TOS was put there most likely by Sega's high up.
And as no one has been banned because of being from a foreign ip that I know of, one of my friend got 11 of his 12 account banned, but got 9 of them back, because Sega thought he was a RMT, because of trading among the 12 account, and he violated 2 of the TOS
No multiple account, and Foreign IP.
But Sega is giving him back the account, the missing account, is because he forgot the name he set it for.

While your statement may sound factual, we have been over this with many other people already. Here is just one of them: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208128&highlight=pso2gaijin

Triple_S
Apr 12, 2014, 03:59 PM
By Zyrusticae:

It IS because people like you who encourage Violating a ToS that it gives SEGA more reason to keep delaying PSO2 NA. Just because I do not want to Violate ToS, does not mean I do not care, it's all the more reason to care to want to tell SEGA that we still want it here. Seriously, just stop with the antics. I for one, want to enjoy the game, not to depend on a fanslation, while violating ToS, and risk losing all my investment.

Pinning the blame for a lack of a Western release on those who play on the JP server is petty and stupid, especially when we can only make assumptions.

That being said. it's probably true that SEGA doesn't see the point in spending money on a Western release due to past financial flops in the series (though go figure; we did get worse versions almost every time regardless). It's probably true that they saw all the foreigners basically taking matters into their own hands and giving them more money and said "Well shit, we just grabbed the Western market without even localizing the game! Guess we don't need to do that anymore!"

However, that also brings up a good point: SEGA likes our money. They won't kick us out unless we start costing them more than we bring in (so don't scare away JP players from the game, lol). So, foreigners aren't really at risk of being banned, especially now that PSO2es gives an even easier way for foreign players to throw money at them. So, feel free to play on the JP server without worry.

Only thing that bothers me a bit is that with a bit of advertisement and actually not being managed awfully, it could do pretty well outside of Japan just by being F2P. Without a sub fee this niche series would be more open to trial. Still though, it's a pretty huge gamble, so I can definitely understand why they wouldn't.

EDIT: Forgot that yeah, a few people do get banned sometimes, but it's been a while that anyone has been banned for being foreign that we've heard of, and even the old bans could be seen as "making an example back when they cared." Don't use "BUT YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE HEARD ABOUT IT" because that's a dead-end argument. If you weren't gonna say that, then that's fine, but you know someone would.

War has changed.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 12, 2014, 04:01 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?508239-Has-Edward-SEGA-gone&p=8561808&viewfull=1#post8561808

Rawrdaysgoby
Apr 12, 2014, 04:07 PM
EdwardAges (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=69495) is the real Edward@Sega.

The Last time EDWARDAGES has posted was 2011!!! 3 YEARS AGO

He might have lost his account and made a new one.

metatime
Apr 12, 2014, 04:10 PM
What a stupid non-argument.

We've been "violating ToS" for years now and SEGA just doesn't give a shit. Moreover, we get to play the game completely up-to-date as the updates happen instead of having a year or two-year or EVEN WORSE time delay on all updates.

I mean, it's up to you if you want to be so incredibly paranoid and entirely up to you whether or not a fan translation is not up to your standards, but at the same time I can call it out for what it is (i.e. an incredibly stupid, shortsighted decision).

Wow someone is a little butt hurt for being wrong

pso2love
Apr 12, 2014, 04:14 PM
The Last time EDWARDAGES has posted was 2011!!! 3 YEARS AGO

He might have lost his account and made a new one.

I wouldn't consider Edward misspelling his own name. ;)

Sizustar
Apr 12, 2014, 04:24 PM
While your statement may sound factual, we have been over this with many other people already. Here is just one of them: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208128&highlight=pso2gaijin

And it's a blog post with no picture of the email sent or received from Sega, it's all one person's word.

He most likely did other thing that got on Sega's radar, but didn't say what, t he foreigner is just an easy button for Sega, due to the prolific english "hacker"

The incident with my friend's 12 account occured earlier this month, and after contacting Sega, he got the majority of the account back.

Sega's automatic system flagged his account, because of large transaction going on with his account(He saved up Fun point, and used t hem all for stuff that he sell through the My Shop pass he saved, he then transfered the money back to his main, by putting healing item for sale"
Because of that, Sega thought it was a RMT, but after confirming that it was from the same IP, and informing him of the two rule, they've been working with him to give him back his account, they want to match the information on the account, and he has been able to get 8~9 back already.

He only pay Premium on his main, the other 11 do not have AC, so this is one incident that I know of that the person and Sega know that he is breaking two rule, but because he contacted sega through their system, and he has a good grasp of Japanese too, he was able to sort out the problem.

Triple_S
Apr 12, 2014, 04:31 PM
Not that I have any reason not to believe you, but if you're going to question the integrity of one's word, you shouldn't immediately ask others to rely solely on your own.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 12, 2014, 04:32 PM
Some people are slow on the April Fool's Jokes.

Then again, some people are still falling for them. :yes:

Rawrdaysgoby
Apr 12, 2014, 04:33 PM
Who would misspell their own name, maybe he was just playing with his own name no one would ever know. Besides There is really no more excuses sega can play out anymore.

This post could be the truth for people that still believe the game is alive. since it sounds so legit. 2 years is more then enough for people to give up on the game for an English release and this post might just get people to finally give people up and bring closure.

Triple_S
Apr 12, 2014, 04:33 PM
Some people are slow on the April Fool's Jokes.

Then again, some people are still falling for them. :yes:

PSO-W Ep.3: T.A.R.D Revolution

ArcaneTechs
Apr 12, 2014, 04:37 PM
Who would misspell their own name, maybe he was just playing with his own name no one would ever know. Besides There is really no more excuses sega can play out anymore.

This post could be the truth for people that still believe the game is alive. since it sounds so legit. 2 years is more then enough for people to give up on the game for an English release and this post might just get people to finally give people up and bring closure.

you gotta be one of the stupidest ppl i know to take some trolls post so dam serious and act/claim like its official because apparently its so hard to mess with ppl with a game that has been delayed so long that ppl will believe anything. please insist your right no matter what and that a simple (yet so obvious) misspelling is indeed confirmation for PSO2 US/EU to be cancelled. all in all, calm your tits because nobody believes this, now go play SEA pso2

UnLucky
Apr 12, 2014, 04:39 PM
I would actually be quite satisfied if a major reason for the NA/EU release got shitcanned was because everyone said "fuck SoA" and played on the real servers instead.

But I really don't see that being the case.

There are a lot of idiots still holding out for an inferior product, just waiting to be shat upon by Sega, licking their lips and asking for more, forever defending their hollow way of life from truthsayers on the forums.

If I get banned, I'm willing to bet my account would have lasted longer than the entire NA/EU server should it ever be realized. If a local release were to exist and my old account axed, I could still make a new character and reach endgame content the official English players will never see in their lives.

No, this indefinite delay was not due to insufficient fan support. Just keep making excuses as you continue to not play the game you supposedly can't wait to get your hands on.

Rawrdaysgoby
Apr 12, 2014, 04:39 PM
Because that post was made on April 8th and that is why people would make a april 1st fools joke after 7 days have passed? Edward hasn't been active since 8/27/13! it may could very well be him since atleast 6 months have passed. Remember in the end it is up to you for believing in the post or not.

pso2love
Apr 12, 2014, 04:41 PM
And it's a blog post with no picture of the email sent or received from Sega, it's all one person's word.

He most likely did other thing that got on Sega's radar, but didn't say what, t he foreigner is just an easy button for Sega, due to the prolific english "hacker"

The incident with my friend's 12 account occured earlier this month, and after contacting Sega, he got the majority of the account back.

Sega's automatic system flagged his account, because of large transaction going on with his account(He saved up Fun point, and used t hem all for stuff that he sell through the My Shop pass he saved, he then transfered the money back to his main, by putting healing item for sale"
Because of that, Sega thought it was a RMT, but after confirming that it was from the same IP, and informing him of the two rule, they've been working with him to give him back his account, they want to match the information on the account, and he has been able to get 8~9 back already.

He only pay Premium on his main, the other 11 do not have AC, so this is one incident that I know of that the person and Sega know that he is breaking two rule, but because he contacted sega through their system, and he has a good grasp of Japanese too, he was able to sort out the problem.

Here, try reading the rest of the thread. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2982895&postcount=64
I just updated the first post, so you could see the reply without having to navigate through 11 pages.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 12, 2014, 04:44 PM
Because that post was made on April 8th and that is why people would make a april 1st fools joke after 7 days have passed? Edward hasn't been active since 8/27/13! it may could very well be him since atleast 6 months have passed. Remember in the end it is up to you for believing in the post or not.

take your tinfoil hat off, your looking stupid

Rawrdaysgoby
Apr 12, 2014, 04:48 PM
you gotta be one of the stupidest ppl i know to take some trolls post so dam serious and act/claim like its official because apparently its so hard to mess with ppl with a game that has been delayed so long that ppl will believe anything. please insist your right no matter what and that a simple (yet so obvious) misspelling is indeed confirmation for PSO2 US/EU to be cancelled. all in all, calm your tits because nobody believes this, now go play SEA pso2

Because what? How would you know it for a fact or not. Because Sega say it has been delayed and not a single other word has been mutter out from them? That we shouldn't believe this for a single second? No one is saying that it is real it is up to the person whether or not they want to or not believe it.

LETS MAKE THIS POST SO BIG AND WIDE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD THAT WANTS TO PLAY PSO2 to see it. UNTIL SEGA/EDWARD COMES right out TO REJECT THIS COMPLETELY then there is absolutely no point in believing just like whether or not this game is still even alive. You know what even Sega stop saying that it has been delayed.

Troll post? A post like this hasn't been seen for months! I been reading every single information just for a single bit of real information of the NA/EU release.

Rawrdaysgoby
Apr 12, 2014, 04:49 PM
take your tinfoil hat off, your looking stupid

you're not your cough. you are looking for stupid then me.

Rawrdaysgoby
Apr 12, 2014, 04:50 PM
stupidest isn't even a word sheesh

ArcaneTechs
Apr 12, 2014, 04:51 PM
Because what? How would you know it for a fact or not. Because Sega say it has been delayed and not a single other word has been mutter out from them? That we shouldn't believe this for a single second? No one is saying that it is real it is up to the person whether or not they want to or not believe it.

LETS MAKE THIS POST SO BIG AND WIDE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD THAT WANTS TO PLAY PSO2 to see it. UNTIL SEGA/EDWARD COMES right out TO REJECT THIS COMPLETELY then there is absolutely no point in believing just like whether or not this game is still even alive. You know what even Sega stop saying that it has been delayed.

Troll post? A post like this hasn't been seen for months! I been reading every single information just for a single bit of real information of the NA/EU release.
i cant imagine the faces people are making from reading your desperate emotion for this troll post to be true. you act or (or dont know, either one works) thats its so hard for people to use an official format in text to tell people that this game isnt coming out etc etc my thing is, how are you gonna feel when this game gets released sometime in the fall or winter this year? (if it happens)

ArcaneTechs
Apr 12, 2014, 04:52 PM
stupidest isn't even a word sheesh

welp take your troll forced fake info somewhere else, you blew it, have fun convincing people

Thermalwolf
Apr 12, 2014, 04:57 PM

People are saying the post is fake because IT IS fake. If Edward were to come out and actually say this, he would do so in proper format. He KNOWS how to properly relay information and he wouldn't go around spreading info like this without properly identifying himself, as that's his freaking job in the first place.

Grow up. Sure it's up to us to believe and judge how we see it, and by how it looks and seems, it's a fake post. Just because Sega has been hushed about the release of a western version of PSO2 doesn't in anyway shape or form means the game has been stealth cancelled. In fact it would only benefit them to come out right and officially state the game has been cancelled as then people would be able to move right along to the JP server with confidence that there work won't be in-vein.

As the saying goes, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it's a duck.

Please move on.

The fact that they haven't updated us pretty much confirms they have something in development. More then likely a console port. It absolutely explains the delay and timing.

UnLucky
Apr 12, 2014, 05:01 PM
The fact that they haven't updated us pretty much confirms they have something in development. More then likely a console port. It absolutely explains the delay and timing.

Hahahaha

Man I love this forum sometimes

You guys are the best

ArcaneTechs
Apr 12, 2014, 05:04 PM
thread just needs to be locked and let die, gonna have more stupid posting in this

Triple_S
Apr 12, 2014, 05:04 PM

I know SEGA can be slow but it wouldn't be terribly difficult for them to port it to PS3, let alone PS4 which has a much better environment for F2P games on the market. Translating it is mostly done as well, and they could just skip out on voice acting outside of the major cutscenes like they've done plenty of times before (or just leave the voices in Japanese - most people would not actually give a shit). If they wanted to, they would have by now. If it happens then sure, why not. Until then I see this as denial.

Oh and if it ends up on Xbox One I'll be utterly shocked beyond reason. If it ends up only on the Xbox One I'll absolutely lose my shit. Literally the worst platform for this game right now.

Sizustar
Apr 12, 2014, 05:06 PM
I know SEGA can be slow but it wouldn't be terribly difficult for them to port it to PS3, let alone PS4 which has a much better environment for F2P games on the market. Translating it is mostly done as well, and they could just skip out on voice acting outside of the major cutscenes like they've done plenty of times before (or just leave the voices in Japanese - most people would not actually give a shit). If they wanted to, they would have by now. If it happens then sure, why not. Until then I see this as denial.

Oh and if it ends up on Xbox One I'll be utterly shocked beyond reason. If it ends up only on the Xbox One I'll absolutely lose my shit. Literally the worst platform for this game right now.

There has been no plan or announcement of a console port.
Sakai the producer has stated that the PC version is the main version, and PSV is because of the success of PSP on the Sony PSP console.

Thermalwolf
Apr 12, 2014, 05:06 PM

Guess I'm just a glass half full kind of guy. Probably was extreme what I said there but I feel like something is in the works. This game has gotten a lot more popular. I don't see much of a reason why it's not getting worked on, but again I guess that's just me.

UnLucky
Apr 12, 2014, 05:09 PM
If they had something, anything at all, they would have mentioned it.

It's hype, it's advertisement, it's publicity.

They could say one single word and everyone would get excited for a western release of PSO2.

The fact that they have said nothing means only one thing: they have nothing.

mctastee
Apr 12, 2014, 05:10 PM
I knew it was fake from the post count.

Thermalwolf
Apr 12, 2014, 05:11 PM
If they had something, anything at all, they would have mentioned it.

It's hype, it's advertisement, it's publicity.

They could say one single word and everyone would get excited for a western release of PSO2.

The fact that they have said nothing means only one thing: they have nothing.

I disagree, I think they are building hype by just being quiet and working on something people wouldn't expect.

UnLucky
Apr 12, 2014, 05:12 PM
Yes, they are building hype by completely ignoring the entire issue for more than a year.

I think you're delusional.

Triple_S
Apr 12, 2014, 05:13 PM
Guess I'm just a glass half full kind of guy. Probably was extreme what I said there but I feel like something is in the works. This game has gotten a lot more popular. I don't see much of a reason why it's not getting worked on, but again I guess that's just me.

It's not a matter of being an optimist, it's a matter of saying it's definitely happening in the face of practically zero evidence. An optimist has a reason to be optimistic, a pessimist has a reason to be pessimistic. A realist goes by evidence, of which there is very little that's concrete.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it'd be neat, and having a PS4, Vita, and PC release rush for overseas players would probably work out well. Keep it digital until they get popular enough for special editions.

...but we'd still be behind even the SEA version unless they did some crazy update bum-rush.

Thermalwolf
Apr 12, 2014, 05:16 PM
It's not a matter of being an optimist, it's a matter of saying it's definitely happening in the face of zero evidence. An optimist has a reason to be optimistic, a pessimist has a reason to be pessimistic. A realist goes by evidence, of which there is very little that's concrete.

Sometimes no evidence is evidence in itself. Again I'm just stating how I feel and I said in a previous post I said what I wanted to say completely wrong.

If it was cancelled or nothing was coming, why not just out right say it. It's just as easy as saying they didn't cancel it or vice versa, which is why I think they have something under wraps.

Either way no big deal, just what I think that's all.

Chdata
Apr 12, 2014, 05:16 PM
By Zyrusticae:

They can't take back the year+ of gaming I've already done and enjoyed.

Investment, not lost, as it's already been spent.

And here you are doing nothing.

loooooooool

Even if I get banned or something I have other games to fall back to. Runescape's supposedly going to do something to bring back old stuff where I quit cause it was removed.

Triple_S
Apr 12, 2014, 05:21 PM
Runescape's supposedly going to do something to bring back old stuff where I quit cause it was removed.

Oh dear god, at least go play something good. I hated WoW and I'd even play that over Runescape, any version.

Rawrdaysgoby
Apr 12, 2014, 05:24 PM
welp take your troll forced fake info somewhere else, you blew it, have fun convincing people

I never said anything about this being real. What an idiot. Not trying to convince people it is up to them whether or not they want to believe this is a real post or not. I personally don't care what they think. I WANT SEGA TO COME OUT TO FLAT OUT REJECT THIS POST COMPLETELY! because they have done all so much for us right. They have been keeping everyone informed right? let me get my magical crystal ball and predict when the game is coming out.

I don't want a moderator had this on the official forum super moderator or not they know nothing from inside sega, to say this is a fake or not. Let a living SEGA OF AMERICA empolyee come out flat to reject this. Hell proving me wrong would be the greatest thing that ever happened!!! Then we would actually get to play the game in FULL english I would be extremely happy to be proven wrong. Make them say this is a fake! Make them say this game is still coming! I don't care if I am stupid for believing what I want to believe. I don't want to believe this post but the constant silence from SEGA doesn't help at all.

--- Finish rant

Chdata
Apr 12, 2014, 05:25 PM
I usually rotate between that and TF2 anyway.

Most other MMOs I've seen are shit (like Tera) and RS has nostalgia for me. Though right now it's complete shit and I dunno if the update they're coming out with will really make it playable again.

Chdata
Apr 12, 2014, 05:32 PM
If people would use simple logic and look at available knowledge.

1. An employee of a game company, even if fired, is highly unlikely to forget the login to an account and make a new account that misspells his own username in a way similar to how people make scam sites like pso-worlcl.com. It's also unlikely that they wouldn't know how to recover a password.

2. Sega for a very long time has given absolutely no information on the state of the game. They have said nothing. They have not said it's been cancelled on their official website. They have not said it will definitely still be released.

Nobody can say whether or not it will come out. At the very best you can assume that if it is coming out, based on history it's not going to for a long time and if it does come out it's going to be highly neglected in comparison to the JP version of the game.

Based on what's already happened you can tell that people waiting for the NA release have already missed over a year of gameplay they could've enjoyed.

pso2love
Apr 12, 2014, 05:35 PM
I WANT SEGA TO COME OUT TO FLAT OUT REJECT THIS POST COMPLETELY!

Comment # 724
Posted by Guyver334 on April 8th, 2014 at 6:36 pm

If you go back to the blog page and try to find this post, it will not be there, as the moderators have removed it already. See for yourself. http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/09/phantasy-star-online-2-is-coming-west/

Sizustar
Apr 12, 2014, 05:36 PM
Sometimes no evidence is evidence in itself. Again I'm just stating how I feel and I said in a previous post I said what I wanted to say completely wrong.

If it was cancelled or nothing was coming, why not just out right say it. It's just as easy as saying they didn't cancel it or vice versa, which is why I think they have something under wraps.

Either way no big deal, just what I think that's all.

Actually the official word from Sega is, it's delayed.

A writer from Kotaku contacted Sega last month regarding the status on En PSO2

Sega: Regarding the below, nothing has changed. The game is still delayed and we will update everyone as soon as we know more.

Schreier: Surely at this point it's more than just a simple delay, no? I know more than a few readers have been waiting patiently for the game to come here, and they expected the release window to be "early 2013" - you guys really can't help clarify things for them?1

Sega: The game is delayed and we will share more info as soon as we know more.

Source
http://kotaku.com/segas-long-silence-on-missing-game-disrespects-their-b-1555363407

pso2love
Apr 12, 2014, 05:40 PM
2. Sega for a very long time has given absolutely no information on the state of the game. They have said nothing. They have not said it's been cancelled on their official website. They have not said it will definitely still be released.

The latest news I can find on the status on PSO2 is here:
http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/13/live-blog-sega-hardlight/
11:43
“Olsen states that he would love to see Phantasy Star Online 2 come out in the West. He notes that the game has been very popular in Japan and that has been consuming the development team’s time and putting their localization plans on hold. He stresses that it hasn’t been cancelled. He also states that any future Vanquish titles will be in the hands of Platinum Games. Einhorn states that he loves the idea of a Sega Smash Bros.-like game and will drop a note to Sega’s AM2 studio about this.”

Notice, that this is at least a Year later than the last official post on FB.

Also, thank you Sizustar for the Kotaku article, almost forgot about that one. http://kotaku.com/segas-long-silence-on-missing-game-disrespects-their-b-1555363407

ArcaneTechs
Apr 12, 2014, 05:40 PM
I never said anything about this being real. What an idiot. Not trying to convince people it is up to them whether or not they want to believe this is a real post or not. I personally don't care what they think. I WANT SEGA TO COME OUT TO FLAT OUT REJECT THIS POST COMPLETELY! because they have done all so much for us right. They have been keeping everyone informed right? let me get my magical crystal ball and predict when the game is coming out.

I don't want a moderator had this on the official forum super moderator or not they know nothing from inside sega, to say this is a fake or not. Let a living SEGA OF AMERICA empolyee come out flat to reject this. Hell proving me wrong would be the greatest thing that ever happened!!! Then we would actually get to play the game in FULL english I would be extremely happy to be proven wrong. Make them say this is a fake! Make them say this game is still coming! I don't care if I am stupid for believing what I want to believe. I don't want to believe this post but the constant silence from SEGA doesn't help at all.

--- Finish rant
the mod himself (whos been there for years and i mean the entire span of PSU's lifetime in the west) had to tell you it was a fake post and account yet your so dam simple minded that you had to go make a thread there and here about this stupid post, if anything it would seem like your the guy who made the post and then made a new account to point this out to rattle people, thats my 2 cents on this whole situation

UnLucky
Apr 12, 2014, 05:44 PM
It's delayed because they have no release date, no plans or estimates, so they can't come out and say that it's definitely still happening.

It's delayed because they haven't decided to cancel it, no plan or reason to, so they're not going to say it's definitely not happening.

It's as good as canceled to Sega since they can completely ignore it and spend no further resources on the project from now till the end of time. But at any moment they could revive it if they wanted to, which wouldn't exactly work if they came out and officially killed it off.

Shinamori
Apr 12, 2014, 05:45 PM
If product ≠ "Sonic"
then don't give a damn.

Sizustar
Apr 12, 2014, 05:48 PM
The latest news I can find on the status on PSO2 is here:
http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/13/live-blog-sega-hardlight/
11:43
“Olsen states that he would love to see Phantasy Star Online 2 come out in the West. He notes that the game has been very popular in Japan and that has been consuming the development team’s time and putting their localization plans on hold. He stresses that it hasn’t been cancelled. He also states that any future Vanquish titles will be in the hands of Platinum Games. Einhorn states that he loves the idea of a Sega Smash Bros.-like game and will drop a note to Sega’s AM2 studio about this.”

Notice, that this is at least a Year later than the last official post on FB.

Also, thank you Sizustar for the Kotaku article, almost forgot about that one. http://kotaku.com/segas-long-silence-on-missing-game-disrespects-their-b-1555363407

So the official word from Sega of America(They are responsible for bring it to the US?) is that it is delayed.

The Chinese version is run by Gamania, but Gamnia working with Sega for their own chinese wuxia themed and holiday themed events
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216402

Sea English version by Asiasoft, no word on Sea region special stuff that I know of.

pso2love
Apr 12, 2014, 05:50 PM
So the official word from Sega of America(They are responsible for bring it to the US?) is that it is delayed.

The Chinese version is run by Gamania, but Gamnia working with Sega for their own chinese wuxia themed and holiday themed events
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216402

Sea English version by Asiasoft, no word on Sea region special stuff that I know of.

Yeah, that could very well be the topic of another discussion (Is SOA really responsible for bringing PSO2NA west?)

Shinamori
Apr 12, 2014, 05:54 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-producer-satoshi-sakai-addresses-his-foreign-fans/

This could shed some light as well, but overall, SOA doesn't seem to care too much.

Chdata
Apr 12, 2014, 05:55 PM
Then there's everyone's answer, it's just still delayed.

Though I kinda view half a year of not saying anything as a 'we gave up and hope everyone'll forget'. I'm kinda used to Runescape's weekly updates though.

Sizustar
Apr 12, 2014, 06:03 PM
Yeah, that could very well be the topic of another discussion (Is SOA really responsible for bringing PSO2NA west?)

They should be, since they are the only licensed practicing entitie with the proper paper to do business in the US.
Unless SOJ find another publisher in the US, like Gamania for Taiwan, and Asiasoft for Sea

Rawrdaysgoby
Apr 12, 2014, 06:05 PM
the mod himself (whos been there for years and i mean the entire span of PSU's lifetime in the west) had to tell you it was a fake post and account yet your so dam simple minded that you had to go make a thread there and here about this stupid post, if anything it would seem like your the guy who made the post and then made a new account to point this out to rattle people, thats my 2 cents on this whole situation

Because what? He is the exclusive moderator of PSU? No he isn't it doesn't matter. he closes threads base on his/her own judgement they know nothing of the inside. Moderators are given their position. They know as much as we do. Kril you are the simple minded fool for only arguing on just 1 side when I am neutral and take potions on both side. Expand your horizons. ALL YOU TOLD ME WAS THIS IS FAKE without any proof. When all I am saying is believing want you want to believe, But here is arguments from both sides.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 12, 2014, 06:05 PM
They're actually not, since SoA is just SoJ's whipping boy.

I got ninja'd by a petty argument.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 12, 2014, 06:19 PM
Moderators are given their position.
Super Moderators are not just given their position
Super Moderators are people who actually work for SEGA

Also Edward doesn't even work for SEGA anymore so taking any information from someone mimicing his name is still a bad decision