PDA

View Full Version : Time about time they bring PSO to Console

HsBlaze
Apr 9, 2014, 05:59 PM
Since now we have PS4 and X1 I think it about time sega make plans to release PSO2 on the next gen console. THERE IS NO EXCUSES FOR THEM NOT TO... (Also if their a thread that already been made Im sorry and please move this) It not like the new console can't handle it and if they made it, it will make a great comeback if they do it and I'll be one of the first ones to get it =D. Whet your thought on this?

Sizustar
Apr 9, 2014, 06:01 PM
Not very likely

Triple_S
Apr 9, 2014, 06:02 PM
PS4, unlikely but possible. Xbox One, fat fucking chance.

landman
Apr 9, 2014, 06:10 PM
If it happened in XOne it would be on it's own closed server... which didn't go bad for PSU 360, at least hacking didn't decimate the population on the first few months like the PC version.

strikerhunter
Apr 9, 2014, 06:11 PM
There's been numerous threads talking about this topic in the past.

Xbone, nope.
PS4, maybe but only because the game is already on the vita but still unlikely.

Chances are not very likely.

KusaTheFonewearl
Apr 9, 2014, 08:29 PM
Without even reading the whole thing I can tell you this is a terrible idea. I was just skimming the forums but seeing this thread just made me have to log in. No... just no... bad idea. horrible idea. Nope nope nope nope. Sega has a terrible track record when it comes to trying to do these things.

The Walrus
Apr 9, 2014, 08:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7TmT3.png

pkemr4
Apr 9, 2014, 08:39 PM

this.

Thermalwolf
Apr 10, 2014, 09:11 PM
I personally think there's a big possibility of this game coming to PS4. In fact I would put money down that it's being developed for the PS4 for the NA release. It's just a theory, but it might explain why we have been waiting so long for a US release, they are porting it to the PS4.

Shinamori
Apr 10, 2014, 09:18 PM
I seriously doubt that. It would screw over everyone who doesn't own a PS4. Beside, if I remember correctly, Sony doesn't like gambling or lotto-like stuff on the system.

Zysets
Apr 10, 2014, 09:21 PM
I personally think there's a big possibility of this game coming to PS4. In fact I would put money down that it's being developed for the PS4 for the NA release. It's just a theory, but it might explain why we have been waiting so long for a US release, they are porting it to the PS4.

Still find it unlikely, this is Sega of America, they haven't made very good decisions in awhile honestly. The only reason I even stick with them anymore is because they were a huge part of my childhood back in the Dreamcast era. I would be pleasantly surprised if they ported it to PS4, and I would definitely jump into that if I ever got a PS4, but I highly doubt it.

RedRaz0r
Apr 10, 2014, 09:21 PM

This again.

Zyrusticae
Apr 10, 2014, 09:31 PM
I would only accept a PS4 version of the game if we simultaneously got a massive graphics upgrade on both versions.

Only then.

Lostbob117
Apr 10, 2014, 09:44 PM
Don't count on it

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2014, 09:46 PM
wii u version

HsBlaze
Apr 11, 2014, 12:17 PM
O.O wow

DJcooltrainer
Apr 11, 2014, 12:20 PM
wii u version
Right on.

In all seriousness, with the PS Vita TV out in Japan, why don't they just make the game compatible with that? (I know they say it's because of touch screen controls, but I think that's kind of a shit excuse.)

reaper527
Apr 11, 2014, 12:42 PM
Since now we have PS4 and X1

define now. this game only officially exists in japan, (with SEA coming soon), and the x1 isn't released in any of those countries.

ignoring the fact that the x1 doesn't exist in those countries, and ignoring that the x1 will likely sell like a brick in japan, ms would likely never allow pso2 on the x1. ms's refusal to allow cross platform servers is the exact reason why ff14:arr isn't on x1.

landman
Apr 11, 2014, 01:11 PM
M$ also refused cross platform on 360, only allowed if with some "Games for Windows" and FFXI was an exception, because they wanted "Final Fantasy" on their console. PSU worked on 360, and that console also sold crap in Japan.

UnLucky
Apr 11, 2014, 01:16 PM
Look out for the upcoming OUYA port

DJcooltrainer
Apr 11, 2014, 01:35 PM
Look out for the upcoming OUYA port

Well, you could probably install PSO2es on the OUYA, but that's not what people really want haha. Is the OUYA even sold in Japan?

Vintasticvin
Apr 11, 2014, 01:51 PM
There's been numerous threads talking about this topic in the past.

Xbone, nope.
PS4, maybe but only because the game is already on the vita but still unlikely.

Chances are not very likely.

Wanna help me burn down this thread and that pc master race post?

Thermalwolf
Apr 11, 2014, 08:55 PM
I still think this delay is because they are porting to the PS4 or Wii U. I mean hell the PS4 and Wii U would be perfect platforms. Wii U with the gamepad and the PS4 touchpad could be used for PA's. Not to mention both have good amounts of RAM.

Also obviously Sony would have no problem licensing it.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 12, 2014, 06:16 AM
This.

...will be true when we stop having such a shitty game engine in 2014. :mad: