PDA

View Full Version : ITT We Create/Redesign Weapon Gears

Radical Dreamer
Apr 10, 2014, 03:25 AM
Since there are a lot of weapon types in the game that lack Gears, I figured I'd put this thread here and see what we could come up with to fill in the missing gaps. Also, I'd like to hear how some of you would go about changing a few of the existing Gears because... Well, what the hell, why not?

I'll start with some of my ideas. Be warned; they're kinda crappy since I'm sleep-deprived at the moment.

Launcher Gear: Autoloader

Your Launcher automatically loads a "Round" every 5 seconds whenever you're not using a PA, storing up to 3 rounds maximum. Using a PA spends a round, but cancels the cocking animation present in most Launcher PAs and boosts the speed of any projectiles fired. If the PA doesn't have a cocking animation/doesn't shoot anything (Crazy Smash, Rodeo Drive, etc.), the Round simply speeds up the PA's animations.

Twin Dagger Gear: Like Jumper, Except Hopefully Less Sucky

Hitting Shift with Twin Dagger Gears now causes you to also warp a short distance (about the same as an uncharged Guilty Break) while still granting you invincibility frames. Where you end up depends on which directional key you're holding at the time. You can't warp without a target to lock/softlock onto.

Just Shift, No Direction Pressed = You do the usual twirl in place with your Twin Daggers. No warping here!

Shift + Forward = You warp towards your target. If you're already close enough, then this doesn't move you anywhere.

Shift + Left/Right = You warp to the sides of your target.

Shift + Back = You warp away from your target.

The Shift + Forward can change your elevation if your target is higher or lower than you, but not the other Shifts.

---

I might add more ideas later if this thread somehow turns out to be super popular or something.

Chdata
Apr 10, 2014, 03:29 AM
hahaha, that Twin Dagger thing sounds a hella fun.

Radical Dreamer
Apr 10, 2014, 03:33 AM
hahaha, that Twin Dagger thing sounds a hella fun.

I kinda stole some of the idea from Devil May Cry 3's Dark Slayer style, but I thought it'd be cool to give Twin Daggers a way to be mobile without relying on two kinda slow PAs.

Plus, those freaking Darker mantis things can teleport, so why can't we? :[

jooozek
Apr 10, 2014, 03:43 AM
only if it was like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHO-Gmi83BE

Uncle_bob
Apr 10, 2014, 03:58 AM
Bullet Bow Gear pls.

Arada
Apr 10, 2014, 04:33 AM
Bullet Bow Gear: A charged Bullet Bow attack (normal or PA) expands 1/3 of the gear and will hit the enemy as if it was hitting a weak point (will trigger Weak Hit Advance, Weak Stance and Weak Point bonusses).

Nitro Vordex
Apr 10, 2014, 05:08 AM
Knuckle gear added effect. At full, doing a dodge on an attack does a quick "alpha counter" (http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Counter), which does damage and knocks down (but not back) smaller enemies. Consumes entirety of the gear. Counter always crits. (Since Sega loves to crit lel) animation could be similar to Backhand Smash, just less powerful, and can be JA'ed as well. Would count as a step attack for combo reasons, aka step attack> First PA. I'm not entirely sure what to base the damage on. Was thinking of using PA damage, like 600 Power or some such. That might be too much for lower levels though.

I suppose this could be used better at all gears, but maybe have it so that doing it at a higher gear is faster or some such?

SquashDemon
Apr 10, 2014, 05:14 AM
I'd change Wired lance gears to be more like Knuckle gear, except instead of just shifting or attacking, you had to do JA's to charge the gear, attack speed, but not power, would increase as the gear gauge went up, and it would still be spent by using PA's, but now -any- PA's would release it at a heightened speed, and ATP.

Cerberus Dance finally wouldn't suck so bad.