PDA

View Full Version : they are changing something about TDs crystal loot

jooozek
Apr 11, 2014, 03:12 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=3420
google translate doesnt make much sense
there is also more stuff here
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?mode=view&id=3425

"I revised upward the power of Lv.16 photon arts of Sword of "over-end".
I revised upward the power of Lv.16 photon arts of partisans of "slide-end".
I revised upward the power of Lv.16 photon arts of double Saber of "tornado dance". "

Rien
Apr 11, 2014, 03:27 AM
レアリティ★11の武器のドロップ動作については変更はございません。

11* rare drops will not be changed

End of line.

If you have to know more, here:
[spoiler-box]
つきましては、誠に申し訳ございませんが、サーバー負荷軽減のため、クエストクリア時のコンテナから出現す るドロップシンボルの数を削減する

"Our apologies, but, due to strains on the server, drop symbols ("Rare drop!") will no longer display when opening the red container at the end of the quest."

これに対して、出現アイテム総数を削減する代わりに、今まで無規則だったストックの中からのアイテムの選出 をレアリティの高い順で選出することにより、結果、レアリティの高いアイテムはドロップしやすく、レアリテ ィの低いアイテムはドロップしづらくなります。

"In return for reducing the number of dropped items, we are increasing the drop chance for high rarity items and decreasing the chance for low rarity items to drop"
[/spoiler-box]

Kikikiki
Apr 11, 2014, 03:32 AM
"レアリティ★11の武器のドロップ動作については変更はございません。"

I stopped reading around this line.

TaigaUC
Apr 11, 2014, 03:45 AM
Wonder how long it took them to figure out that was what was lagging the servers.
I don't even loot half the crap that drops from the crystal.

Rakurai
Apr 11, 2014, 03:52 AM
I don't get why they decided to give Overend a boost when that was already the go-to Sword PA.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 11, 2014, 04:02 AM
I don't get why they decided to give Overend a boost when that was already the go-to Sword PA.to make them do what was intended, End the enemy.

since shunka does more of it than it.

SEGA, a 100% boost plz.

btw-Niji
Apr 11, 2014, 04:04 AM
I don't get why they decided to give Overend a boost when that was already the go-to Sword PA.
Overend sucked anyway.

Only poor people use swords.

Mysterious-G
Apr 11, 2014, 04:05 AM
B-20 Hunters rejoice.

Zipzo
Apr 11, 2014, 04:12 AM
I'm happy to bring my Crusaders Lore in to action should Over End be put in a good spot.

Akakomuma
Apr 11, 2014, 04:19 AM
Overend sucked anyway.

Pssh! Hunters are the troo warriors of justice. Swords are our DIVINE BLADE TO SCATHE THE DARKNESS THAT PLAGUES SPACE and all that good stuff.

Aine
Apr 11, 2014, 04:55 AM

"Our apologies, but, due to strains on the server, drop symbols ("Rare drop!") will no longer display when opening the red container at the end of the quest."

これに対して、出現アイテム総数を削減する代わりに、今まで無規則だったストックの中からのアイテムの選出 をレアリティの高い順で選出することにより、結果、レアリティの高いアイテムはドロップしやすく、レアリテ ィの低いアイテムはドロップしづらくなります。

"In return for reducing the number of dropped items, we are increasing the drop chance for high rarity items and decreasing the chance for low rarity items to drop"

It doesn't mention any change to the "Rare drop" notification. They're reducing the number of drops from the large crystal at the end of the quest.

In turn, they will make items you earned mid-mission drop in order of highest rarity first, so effectively 10-stars will drop more and garbage will drop less. Until now it was entirely random.

Rehal
Apr 11, 2014, 04:58 AM
It doesn't mention any change to the "Rare drop" notification. They're reducing the number of drops from the large crystal at the end of the quest.

In turn, they will make items you earned mid-mission drop in order of highest rarity first, so effectively 10-stars will drop more and garbage will drop less. Until now it was entirely random.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/84kS5.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Aine
Apr 11, 2014, 05:06 AM
Bad wording, what that means is the big crystal will spew out mid-mission drops in order of highest rarity first.

Vetur
Apr 11, 2014, 05:17 AM
Oh, that explains why the crystal doesn't drop so much stuff as to completely fill my inventory anymore. Well as long as the NPC sell value and overall meseta gain is still good, I'm fine with it.

Zipzo
Apr 11, 2014, 05:19 AM
Oh, that explains why the crystal doesn't drop so much stuff as to completely fill my inventory anymore. Well as long as the NPC sell value and overall meseta gain is still good, I'm fine with it.

They haven't changed anything yet.

And also...you rely on vendoring things to make money...?

Rien
Apr 11, 2014, 05:24 AM
how else do you get rid of 9* items?

Myshop tickets aren't easy to come across, and even then anything below 10* is usually worthless meseta wise.

Shinamori
Apr 11, 2014, 05:38 AM
Well, once Mag 7*-9* comes along, you can keep 3*n of your 7*-9* weapons. n being the number of mags you have.

Skyly
Apr 11, 2014, 05:41 AM

The struggle

Vetur
Apr 11, 2014, 05:48 AM

The joys of being too low level to do TACOs efficiently(Only have two Normal/Hard ones atm). :(
I don't level too fast, so I'm pretty much just stuck doing lesser meseta-earning stuff until then.

UnLucky
Apr 11, 2014, 09:12 AM

Vendor trash and MST from boxes is still a good 10-100x higher than what mobs drop.

It's the only reliable way to generate meseta once TA COs are done for the day.

You could also pop MST tickets for Falz Elder, Mesetan, or Extreme Quests, but you can't exactly run those all day long.

Alukard
Apr 11, 2014, 09:24 AM
Overend sucked anyway.

inb4 a sword that one shots any boss...dark flow:-?

pkemr4
Apr 11, 2014, 09:39 AM

[/spoiler-box]

holy shit.... time to watch guild milia and other TD 11*'s tank in price hahaha

gigawuts
Apr 11, 2014, 09:50 AM
holy shit.... time to watch guild milia and other TD 11*'s tank in price hahaha

Holy fuck it's in the second post

レアリティ★11の武器のドロップ動作については変更はございません。

11* rare drops will not be changed

End of line.

If you have to know more, here:
[spoiler-box]

[/spoiler-box]

Also, ha ha ha, what the fuck? The rare drop indicator is handled by the server?

What the fuck?

UnLucky
Apr 11, 2014, 09:55 AM
Also, ha ha ha, what the fuck? The rare drop indicator is handled by the server?

What the fuck?
What's more impressive is that it somehow adds more strain when all it's doing is flagging the exact same data it already sent to your client.

Punisher106
Apr 11, 2014, 10:00 AM
Dammit, Sega, I like the spammy noise of "GLING!" on my computer, even if it makes it go down to 2 frames per second. It's a noise that stimulates my senses, even if I'm being gypped of anything decent. But are they really filtering out the crap drops when that giant crystal breaks?

TaigaUC
Apr 11, 2014, 10:01 AM
Probably because if it wasn't handled by the server we'd have hackers spamming all our clients with constant "RARE DROP" notifications.

Dnd
Apr 11, 2014, 10:09 AM

What the fuck?

And yet I still wonder why a boxed 10* or higher doesn't have a rainbow rare drop text, because the server god dam knows its a 10* or higher drop and if the rare drops handled by the server, surely it'd trigger the rainbow text aswell? >>'

pkemr4
Apr 11, 2014, 10:11 AM
Holy fuck it's in the second post

What the fuck?

my bad ^^;^^;^^;^^; but its still looks like a buff either way..?

Aine
Apr 11, 2014, 10:16 AM

What the fuck?

It's not. 'Drop symbols' in this case doesn't refer to the "RARE DROP!" notification that pops up, it refers to the actual item boxes on the map. The big crystal spews out a shit ton of items at once which lags the server.

For a more detailed explanation of this change, this is how the drop system in TD works currently:

There are two parallel drop tables. The first is the big crystal drop table. The game rolls when you break open the crystal and the number of rolls depends upon the mission rank only. This is the table with 11-stars, and some random 10-stars and other junk. Items from this table will never be untekked. These drops won't be affected by the changes.

The second table is from mobs you kill mid-mission. Whenever you kill something the game rolls from the usual drop table, but instead of dropping the item instantly, it stocks it in a pool. When you break the big crystal, it takes a number of the items from the pool randomly and spews them out. So it's entirely possible you got a Boulay Obs when you killed that Kartagot, but the big crystal didn't spew it out so you'd never know.

The change they're making is to reduce the total number of items in the big crystal, but in exchange the drops taken from the second table will be spewed out in order of highest rarity first.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 11, 2014, 10:34 AM
There are two parallel drop tables. The first is the big crystal drop table. The game rolls when you break open the crystal and the number of rolls depends upon the mission rank only. This is the table with 11-stars, and some random 10-stars and other junk. Items from this table will never be untekked. These drops won't be affected by the changes.

The second table is from mobs you kill mid-mission. Whenever you kill something the game rolls from the usual drop table, but instead of dropping the item instantly, it stocks it in a pool. When you break the big crystal, it takes a number of the items from the pool randomly and spews them out. So it's entirely possible you got a Boulay Obs when you killed that Kartagot, but the big crystal didn't spew it out so you'd never know..oh. . . means we can get an Heretic End from Wolg in TD2 now?

SisterPrincess
Apr 11, 2014, 11:13 AM
oh. . . means we can get an Heretic End from Wolg in TD2 now?

Uh... you can get Heretic End here because Volga drops it. Most of the time its probably another Brute gift.

Aine
Apr 11, 2014, 11:14 AM
oh. . . means we can get an Heretic End from Wolg in TD2 now?

Yeah, I've gotten one before. Anything that an enemy normally drops also drops in TD, it's just that currently you have to face a second layer of RNG to get it.

gigawuts
Apr 11, 2014, 11:19 AM
It's not. 'Drop symbols' in this case doesn't refer to the "RARE DROP!" notification that pops up, it refers to the actual item boxes on the map. The big crystal spews out a shit ton of items at once which lags the server.

For a more detailed explanation of this change, this is how the drop system in TD works currently:

The second table is from mobs you kill mid-mission. Whenever you kill something the game rolls from the usual drop table, but instead of dropping the item instantly, it stocks it in a pool. When you break the big crystal, it takes a number of the items from the pool randomly and spews them out. So it's entirely possible you got a Boulay Obs when you killed that Kartagot, but the big crystal didn't spew it out so you'd never know.

The change they're making is to reduce the total number of items in the big crystal, but in exchange the drops taken from the second table will be spewed out in order of highest rarity first.

Interesting - is this only for TD2? I get that it's meant to address the server load instead of the rare drops, but TD1 seems to have a much fairer payout as-is. If they increase the 10*s we get from TD1 it would be a bit excessive.

Dnd
Apr 11, 2014, 11:21 AM
Interesting - is this only for TD2? I get that it's meant to address the server load instead of the rare drops, but TD1 seems to have a much fairer payout as-is. If they increase the 10*s we get from TD1 it would be a bit excessive.

Its for both, according to the official site

UnLucky
Apr 11, 2014, 11:21 AM
Can't wait to still get more 10*s each run in TD1 than the entire TD2 EQ

Shinamori
Apr 12, 2014, 10:54 AM
Well, I've thinking. What does Sega consider to be "low rarity" items? Is it anything below a 6* or 9*?

Rien
Apr 12, 2014, 11:29 AM
anything below 4*.