PDA

View Full Version : So the only reason I kept a partisan around...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 12, 2014, 11:22 PM
...was for sacred skewer.

Now I'm playing with kaiser rise... getting the impression i should just let my pointy stick collect dust forever.

So far, I've seen it's cheaper, faster, stronger, and with a knockdown included.

Not sure about its X and Y reach compared to sacred skewer, and it seems to generally be unable to attack through LoS-blockers.

What few things so far I can't hit (big/soma varda's cluster bomb launcher) with rise that I could with skewer are still better off getting shot by arrows...

Having a hard time finding any reason or moment where sacred skewer does a better job of filling that niche my katana doesn't cover than kaiser rise...

Opinions?

Triple_S
Apr 13, 2014, 12:30 AM
I dunno. Does Kaiser Rise have an AoE?

Really though I'm not sure. Keep an eye out for the upcoming PA for Partisans though; it looks like it'll be their Banish Arrow.

No, seriously, it looks like it'll basically be that.

Rien
Apr 13, 2014, 12:39 AM
Kaiser Rise has very little AoE. Slightly smaller than Sacred Skewer on partisan gear.

Of course, I only have Kaiser Rise at level 1, so my judgement may not be correct.

Zipzo
Apr 13, 2014, 12:52 AM
I'm reading a Partizan thread with no mention of Assault Buster or even Slide End.

Rien
Apr 13, 2014, 01:02 AM
We shouldn't mention Slide End until the buff, anyway.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 13, 2014, 10:04 AM
I'm reading a Partizan thread with no mention of Assault Buster or even Slide End.

I did mention I use a katana, so there's not much of a need for much else...

Zipzo
Apr 13, 2014, 10:24 AM
I did mention I use a katana, so there's not much of a need for much else...

That being said why even discuss the Partizan. You're playing the single most useful weapon for almost any situation as a melee class.

Rien
Apr 13, 2014, 10:30 AM
Except a ranged attack at a height.

Try as you like, but even hatou at full jump height have things out of it's reach.

Zipzo
Apr 13, 2014, 10:32 AM
Except a ranged attack at a height.

Try as you like, but even hatou at full jump height have things out of it's reach.

If we're only discussing highly elevated targets then I think Kaiser Rise since it acts quicker. That could just be me though.

Lostbob117
Apr 13, 2014, 10:36 AM
Sacred Skrew is awesome, it hits 3 times in one blow.

EDIT: Woops wrong PA

Rien
Apr 13, 2014, 10:39 AM
Erm, Kaiser Rise is the wirelance photon art

The fist is Meteo Fist for Knuckles

Also, it seems to me that kaiser rise might have a few problems here and there because it hits from the ground up.

However, a single shot fills an attack switch as well as 1.5x gear on JA (2x JA Kaiser = full gear)

And it's only 25 pp to boot.

Lostbob117
Apr 13, 2014, 10:45 AM

Also, it seems to me that kaiser rise might have a few problems here and there because it hits from the ground up.

However, a single shot fills an attack switch as well as 1.5x gear on JA (2x JA Kaiser = full gear)

Oh, yeah. My bad.

Zipzo
Apr 13, 2014, 10:55 AM

I don't see the fact it hits from the "ground up" a very limiting factor...if you use it on something way the heck up in the air it's "ground" is just a small amount of space below the mob.

It's kind of interesting how it works but, I don't see from which direction it hits to ever really be a limiting factor, it seems to hit at any elevation anyway.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 13, 2014, 10:56 AM
I think I might retire my sacred skewer stick then...

The two distinct advantages skewer has over kaiser rise after using both PAs when I usually do over my katana is just... destroying varder cluster bomb launchers (somewhat irrelevant because of bow), and dirandal rider killing.

Coatl
Apr 13, 2014, 11:25 AM
I think I might retire my sacred skewer stick then...

The two distinct advantages skewer has over kaiser rise after using both PAs when I usually do over my katana is just... destroying varder cluster bomb launchers (somewhat irrelevant because of bow), and dirandal rider killing.

Well, If Kaiser Rise can't kill Vardher's cluster bomb launchers or dirandals, then how is it much better than Sacred Skewer?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 13, 2014, 12:12 PM
Well, If Kaiser Rise can't kill Vardher's cluster bomb launchers or dirandals, then how is it much better than Sacred Skewer?

More damage, faster, cheaper (10pp is no joke), knockdown.

Coatl
Apr 13, 2014, 12:39 PM
More damage is irrelevant sometimes when the target will get one-shotted anyway. Though 10 PP cheaper is really nice.

Rakurai
Apr 13, 2014, 05:40 PM
I kind of doubt that Volg Raptor is going to improve the DPS of partisans much, as they don't have any powerful PAs that can really take advantage of it like bows can with Banishing Arrow.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 13, 2014, 06:03 PM
I kind of doubt that Volg Raptor is going to improve the DPS of partisans much, as they don't have any powerful PAs that can really take advantage of it like bows can with Banishing Arrow.

Kind of why I didn't bother mentioning it... unless it's actually unique in some way... like persisting after weapon switch or something.

Sanguine2009
Apr 13, 2014, 08:14 PM
im curious as to how partisan gear will affect it, leaning toward gear = more damage like sacred but not sure