PDA

View Full Version : worth soloing XQs?

fay
Apr 13, 2014, 02:01 PM
As the title states. I've come to the conclusion that it's pretty much impossible to get a team for them so I'm really just left with trying to solo them. Is it worth it though? I'm not going to lose out on much am I?

Pugas87
Apr 13, 2014, 02:08 PM
If you can clear all 60 you get 15 ore which is better than spamming one set of floors for fragments. So do it solo if u can.

fay
Apr 13, 2014, 02:11 PM
How difficult would it be to pull off? I want to do the Tundra XQ. Never done it before. I've done forest loads of times, so if it's like that then there are quite a few floors that would be solid to complete. Does tundra have really hard floors too?

SakoHaruo
Apr 13, 2014, 04:08 PM
never worth soloing XQs or wasting passes on non 100% boost day/week. But, if you only need a few stones go ahead.

BIG OLAF
Apr 13, 2014, 05:12 PM
never worth soloing XQs or wasting passes on non 100% boost day/week. But, if you only need a few stones go ahead.

^This. Soloing XQs isn't worth it unless you're going for minimal gains. Always run XQs with at least one other person.

Lostbob117
Apr 13, 2014, 05:21 PM
If you're doing all floors try to go with a full group, saves you a lot of time.

fay
Apr 14, 2014, 07:23 AM
I guess I'll keep trying to find at least 1 other then. No one wants to ever do these though. It's hard trying to get a party for just about any run excluding TACOs, but XQs are almost impossible.

Sacrificial
Apr 14, 2014, 09:06 AM
im always in for a full run in tundra so depending on your timezone we could arrange something
ID same is name here

fay
Apr 14, 2014, 09:21 AM
You're in my team actually lol.

Pugas87
Apr 14, 2014, 10:23 AM

^This. Soloing XQs isn't worth it unless you're going for minimal gains. Always run XQs with at least one other person.

Unless I am missing something, a full run (12 passes) gets you a guaranteed 15 ores on clear, not to mention whatever u pick up in the other floors. This also doesn't require boosts. Spamming 1-5 on boost day with a full party and rare booster, tri booster, premium drink, and lucky rise units averages you about 90 fragments, which is the same as one ore. Doing that takes 15 passes to get 15 ores (presuming you don't get a rare stage).

Full complete solo, if you can do it, is not a waste of passes nor minimal gains. It may take longer solo than with a party, but if you cannot find a party why the heck not.

As for can you do it solo? Depends on what you are playing and how good you are. Obviously, having others with you makes it a lot easier (especially if you die frequently).

fay
Apr 14, 2014, 10:31 AM
I main a force/tekker 65/65. My units are folley +10 3-4 slots. My weapon is the fire 11* rod potential 3 5 slots +10.
My gear is up to scratch and all my techniques are 16 minus 1 or 2, but they're unimportant ones anyway. I feel confident in playing my class, but some bosses still give me a bit of trouble such as quartz dragon. Not because it's hard, but he can still one shot me. If he combos up with another boss etc then I could have some trouble.

Pugas87
Apr 14, 2014, 10:34 AM
I main a force/tekker 65/65. My units are folley +10 3-4 slots. My weapon is the fire 11* rod potential 3 5 slots +10.
My gear is up to scratch and all my techniques are 16 minus 1 or 2, but they're unimportant ones anyway. I feel confident in playing my class, but some bosses still give me a bit of trouble such as quartz dragon. Not because it's hard, but he can still one shot me. If he combos up with another boss etc then I could have some trouble.

I'm building a force/tekker so I know the feeling. I am up for xqs also if you want to gimme a whisper. Just search Pugas and you should find me.

fay
Apr 14, 2014, 10:35 AM
Not really sure how to search for people not on my friends list to be honest lol.

arnd
Apr 14, 2014, 02:08 PM
Not really sure how to search for people not on my friends list to be honest lol.

"ARKS search" via the visiphone.

Sacrificial
Apr 14, 2014, 03:07 PM
You're in my team actually lol.

*Facedesks* walks away slowly and hides.

schnee4
Apr 15, 2014, 03:00 PM
I'm building a force/tekker so I know the feeling. I am up for xqs also if you want to gimme a whisper. Just search Pugas and you should find me.

force/tekker.

/tekker

please untekked the psycho wand

Jay6
Apr 16, 2014, 05:16 PM
I've soloed most of Tundra/Mechs XQ, and most of it is fairly easy. Areas you may have problems with would be when you have to face a few snow cats at once, and with HP restoration restriction test code. Actually, I haven't soloed the last 10 floors since people on my team actually like running last 10 floors of XQ due to the chance of 11* weapon drops.
I would usually solo on my best classes that I'm confident in winning on (BR/HU, or GU/HU). Though, even with your best class, bring a half doll for safety. I've even done a few runs where I used a half doll, and still ended up failing and starting over. That's just the risk of running solo.