PDA

View Full Version : PSO1 enemy AI in PSO2

Skyly HUmar
Apr 14, 2014, 10:32 AM
Well it's a random thought that I had, how much harder do you guys think the game would be if every enemy was only programmed to attack relentlessly instead of being programmed to run up to you and stare for a few seconds?

Imagine enemies with ranged attacks spamming those attacks until they(or you) get close enough to melee you like the belras used to. I have not played in a while so im not familiar with what some enemies do in sh, but what is your take on it?

fay
Apr 14, 2014, 10:40 AM
I think the game would actually be more fun.
I've done quite a few hours on it, but I'm getting to my end soon I think. The game is just too casual for me with the way it is currently. I go into a level knowing I will complete it, and because of the nature of the game, the hard levels are avoided because the game has attracted the more casual players.

Apr 14, 2014, 10:51 AM
I think it would make the game easier. PSO1's AI was pretty primitive.

Tenlade
Apr 14, 2014, 10:52 AM
Things already kill you in few hits, so it would go even further into needing to kill things faster before they start attacking. Techers and forces would be absolutely screwed because their low hp and tech charge times would leave them too vulnerable. Monsters that spawn during bosses would be a complete nightmare, imagine banther and banshee constantly pouncing you while 4 gulfs also constantly pounce you.

On the plus side status effects like freeze, shock, and panic might be more useful as anything that stops or reduces the onslaught for a few seconds would be immensely helpful.

Gama
Apr 14, 2014, 11:09 AM
using zondeel on enemies to get them out of the way would also be an efective way to controll them. but if you dont evae quickyl you'd die immediatly after.

"source?"

mine defense.

qoxolg
Apr 14, 2014, 11:13 AM
*group of Oodans trow their hands in the air after spawning* *WOOOSH*

All Oodans got vaporated by the party.

No, PSO1 was quite easy, because the attack patterns were 100% predictable. It was basically a matter of timing your attacks/hard attacks to flinch your enemies. Enemies didn't attack much while moving. The only thing that could make PSO1 slightly hard was cheap shit like 1HKO's and shock monkeys.

Alukard
Apr 14, 2014, 11:27 AM
I think it would make the game easier. PSO1's AI was pretty primitive.

They should implement early walks/warps

Sayara
Apr 14, 2014, 11:35 AM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/227/6/6/PSO_sillyness_part_troix_by_kura_x.jpg
image by kura_x
but explains the AI in a nutshell.

jooozek
Apr 14, 2014, 11:39 AM
booma-ai was hilarious when they collided with each other while circling

Gama
Apr 14, 2014, 11:43 AM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/227/6/6/PSO_sillyness_part_troix_by_kura_x.jpg
image by kura_x
but explains the AI in a nutshell.

god that made me lol.

i did like how vicious mobs where on psu "at high level"

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/042/8/5/PSU_Sillyness__Deljabans_by_kura_x.jpg

jooozek
Apr 14, 2014, 11:48 AM
what i've played of psp1 i did like and honestly, that would be so much better than all that jumpevade shit that they could've been branded as some other franchise but i guess they had to hit nostalgia

Skyly HUmar
Apr 14, 2014, 11:51 AM
Predictable yes, but you guy's don't think that AI that only thinks to attack until every player is dead with the mobility that enemies have in pso2 would be a step up from walk up and stare while you kill them? And lets assume that rifle range wont be a problem since enemies typically spawn close to you lol.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 14, 2014, 11:53 AM
what i've played of psp1 i did like and honestly, that would be so much better than all that jumpevade shit that they could've been branded as some other franchise but i guess they had to hit nostalgia

And yes I often think that PSO was just used as a name to draw the old players in at first.

Wasn't pso2 supposed to be a new franchise before it was renamed though?

Sayara
Apr 14, 2014, 11:56 AM
Oh shit i didnt know they did a sequeal to that one.

Shadowth117
Apr 14, 2014, 11:59 AM
And yes I often think that PSO was just used as a name to draw the old players in at first.

Wasn't pso2 supposed to be a new franchise before it was renamed though?

Originally it was called PSU2. So no since PSU was already a game and SEGA wasn't trying to copy Magnacarta2.

I do see what you're saying as far as the aggression of enemies. It would be cool to have enemies that were solely focused on attacking. Super hard changed things though for sure. They definitely do have a lot more aggression. Maybe higher difficulties will make them faster and more bloodlusting?

The アクルプス/akurupusu (idk what Eng patch calls them) were probably the most aggressive enemies to ever grace the game when they came out in VH before they were patched. It'd be interesting to have every enemy act something like that.

Of course, just calling that PSO1 AI makes me think of the derpness everyone else mentioned (woooo, circles!).

Edit: Honestly, it makes a lot more sense for it to be called PSU2 anyways. It has a lot more in common with that than PSO1 as far as the combat mechanics, weapon upgrading, the whole room thing, and meseta's usage (hi shop system) go. There's actually a loooooot of things from endgame JP PSU that got carried over, such as the costume gacha aka AC scratch, force's loathed elemental masteries (which ironically weren't a problem since you could get all of the useful ones at once anyways), and probably some other things I'm not thinking of right now.

Hell, remember PSU's mid tier classes? Fortefighter, fortegunner, fortetecher (yes spelled テクター in Japanese)

Skyly HUmar
Apr 14, 2014, 12:02 PM
Originally it was called PSU2. So no since PSU was already a game and SEGA wasn't trying to copy Magnacarta2.

I do see what you're saying as far as the aggression of enemies. It would be cool to have enemies that were solely focused on attacking. Super hard changed things though for sure. They definitely do have a lot more aggression. Maybe higher difficulties will make them faster and more bloodlusting?

The アクルプス/akurupusu (idk what Eng patch calls them) were probably the most aggressive enemies to ever grace the game when they came out in VH before they were patched. It'd be interesting to have every enemy act something like that.

Of course, just calling that PSO1 AI makes me think of the derpness everyone else mentioned (woooo, circles!).

Ah gotcha. And yes the land shark dogs were great XD, it bummed me out so much when they got a nerf.

gigawuts
Apr 14, 2014, 12:08 PM
IIRC, initially they couldn't decide whether PSO2 would be a sequel to PSO or PSU. PSO won out in that. If it was ever referred to as PSU2 that would have been a working title - something to write in forms - not what it was actually meant to be.

Neith
Apr 14, 2014, 12:12 PM
Making the enemies more difficult with better AI is unlikely to ever happen. Aculpus got nerfed as soon as people complained they were 'too hard'. :lol:

I do think it's stupid that a lot of the enemies spawn and just stand there or do a 'taunt' (like the Oodans throwing their arms in the air etc) because it means they end up dead before they even touch you.

Whether this is down to players (generally) not wanting difficulty I don't know. I do wish there was more challenge though, Extreme Quests are the only thing even remotely difficult and that's only because I don't run them in a full party. :disapprove:

Solution: Ill Gills. Ill Gills everywhere. :wacko:

Shadowth117
Apr 14, 2014, 12:15 PM
Making the enemies more difficult with better AI is unlikely to ever happen. Aculpus got nerfed as soon as people complained they were 'too hard'. :lol:

I do think it's stupid that a lot of the enemies spawn and just stand there or do a 'taunt' (like the Oodans throwing their arms in the air etc) because it means they end up dead before they even touch you.

Whether this is down to players (generally) not wanting difficulty I don't know. I do wish there was more challenge though, Extreme Quests are the only thing even remotely difficult and that's only because I don't run them in a full party. :disapprove:

Solution: Ill Gills. Ill Gills everywhere. :wacko:

Yeah pretty much. QQing is lame in a case like that.

I still think Darker's Den was reasonably difficult on release, especially without a party. More difficult than XQ imo. But there's really no other quests like the abduction quest sooooooo...

Skyly HUmar
Apr 14, 2014, 12:18 PM
I feel like the den was more intimidating than anything though, on release i got abducted in a party of 2 and barely made it to the end, 2 days later it happened again in a party of 2 and iirc we finished with 26/30 mates left over. SH den was pretty good though lol.

gigawuts
Apr 14, 2014, 12:27 PM
For the record: Acklepus were too "hard" because they would constantly and continuously flinch you and anyone anywhere near you while going underground and charging towards you with their fin every second.

This was only really an issue for melee classes. Other classes could easily and reliably jump while using attacks with decent range that would flinch them at the ranges acklepus prepped to launch these attacks. Melee classes had few if any options for doing that, most requiring them to be on the ground, and almost none were able to be canceled or had short enough attacks to make it possible to reliably evade hits. Your best hope was using other spin to grab one and throw it at a few others, hoping none were charging you from behind, and after finishing the PA you had to step around like a madman to avoid the ones that by now were definitely coming back around for another hit.

That was the obnoxious part - getting hit by 2-4 during just one single PA, then having them run out of your attack range in every odd direction and turn right back around as soon as they finished that attack. Ranged classes could just spam their same stupid PAs with borderline impunity. Gibarta and Elder Rebellion were examples of easy win buttons against a full spawn of 8-10 acklepus.

It was tedious and annoying. Darker's Den wasn't at all the same kind of "hard." Acklepus were flinch crazy, removing control from the player after they were hit by an attack from an enemy that wasn't even on their screen until the last 3 frames.

edit: Oh, and before anyone says dicadas were the same thing, no. No they were not. Dicadas only teleport so often, but acklepusses were nonstop over and over spam - and they spawned in larger numbers, plus they usually aggroed on the same person (the closest one most of the time, afaict). Dicadas split their aggro, attack with lower frequency, have pretty blatant tells if they aren't teleporting, stay close after their attack, and if they are teleporting they won't even always come back for you. Acklepusses rushed through you and go way out of any melee class's attack range, usually in sets of 2 or more in different directions.

If acklepusses stayed as close and behaved as tame as pre/dicadas there wouldn't have been a problem at all.

landman
Apr 14, 2014, 01:49 PM
I think the only game refereed as PSU2 was PSP2, at least it was refereed with this name in an old "leaked" sheet from a Sega-Sony meeting (and most of the things in this list ended being true, while others were provably cancelled like some DC ports)

Laxedrane
Apr 14, 2014, 03:12 PM
PSO wasn't "Hard" becuase of it's aggressive ai. IT was challenging by the time you hit Ult becuase of how cheap the enemies were in ult. Between one hit KOs, Being able to launch devastating attacks from the other side of the room, and just that one mob in almost every area that could jump from the other side of the room onto your face.

Most seasoned players got use to patterns and with the exceptions of a few quests could get through an ult run in any zone/ quest without dieing. However the aggressive AI was not key... It was the tools the monsters had that made it more challenging then what you find in PSO2.

gigawuts
Apr 14, 2014, 03:18 PM
Also, yes, the only hard part about ultimate in PSO1 was stepping over the new and disproportionately higher EVP and DEF wall that enemies had.

When you could start hitting enemies, and your hits dealt more than 1 damage (2 crit!), you were fine.

That did mean using your highest ATP/ATA weapon despite lacking in other areas, and yes that did mean punching something to death with one of the stupid high ATP knuckles at first, but after you were able to step over that ledge you were just fine.

The only area that stayed challenging after that was mines, and only because gills wouldn't get knocked down 100% of the time. They just kept freaking coming. It wasn't anything some freeze traps and/or shock couldn't handle, or you know running back and forth across the room like usual (lol). Seabed arguably stayed challenging, but I don't particularly consider 1shots/flinchkills "challenging" so much as "tedious."

Alukard
Apr 14, 2014, 03:30 PM
PSO wasn't "Hard" becuase of it's aggressive ai. IT was challenging by the time you hit Ult becuase of how cheap the enemies were in ult. Between one hit KOs, Being able to launch devastating attacks from the other side of the room, and just that one mob in almost every area that could jump from the other side of the room onto your face.

Most seasoned players got use to patterns and with the exceptions of a few quests could get through an ult run in any zone/ quest without dieing. However the aggressive AI was not key... It was the tools the monsters had that made it more challenging then what you find in PSO2.

PSO wasn't hard unless you asked for it. I know a few vanilla players that go full Hunter with locked DF etc. It's one shot'ing the enemy or being one shot. Coupled with the rng elemets ( early walks/warps, dmc, dorphon rushing through gif, desync etc) it adds a strategical layer that requires extensive planning of positioning, timing and knowledge ( combo kills, spawn knowledge etc)

Most quests in pso2 don't require you to know the spawns. It's quite sad. Wish there were more quests with set spawns like the ta quests.

qoxolg
Apr 14, 2014, 03:41 PM
Also, yes, the only hard part about ultimate in PSO1 was stepping over the new and disproportionately higher EVP and DEF wall that enemies had.

When you could start hitting enemies, and your hits dealt more than 1 damage (2 crit!), you were fine.

That did mean using your highest ATP/ATA weapon despite lacking in other areas, and yes that did mean punching something to death with one of the stupid high ATP knuckles at first, but after you were able to step over that ledge you were just fine.

The only area that stayed challenging after that was mines, and only because gills wouldn't get knocked down 100% of the time. They just kept freaking coming. It wasn't anything some freeze traps and/or shock couldn't handle, or you know running back and forth across the room like usual (lol). Seabed arguably stayed challenging, but I don't particularly consider 1shots/flinchkills "challenging" so much as "tedious."

Oh LAWL! the PSOv2 days! :wacko:

Running trough Ult forest with your Brave Knuckle, barely doing 100 damage and then, in forest 2, when you open that box that drops your first Red Handgun with 45% Native Attribute! OMFG! ZERK!

then you got into Caves, OMFG WTF! their attacks are faster then my handgun combo! ARRRGGG.. and those freakin megid lilies! NNGGGG.. oh! 45% A. Beast Red Handgun! ZERK!

Then you got into mines and my freakin GOD! those lasors.. and don't get me started about Sinow Red buffing the enemies with Shifta and Deband.

And after playing Mines twice.. Ruins.. WTF!? and I even had an 50% attribute handgun.. NNNGGGGGGG. it took me HOURS of door camping and tons of scape dolls to kill Falz.

Ver3 and up was for pussies! 8-)

Akakomuma
Apr 14, 2014, 06:39 PM
Better yet, make Phantasy Star Zero 2 and have full range motion on the circle pad.

Macman
Apr 14, 2014, 06:51 PM
I think it was less of "it's too hard" as much as it was "bullshit flinch spam can't even recover" with ridiculous hitboxes that homed in on you and made it nearly impossible to avoid. (Org Blan arena was the worst)
But then again PSO2 is all about flinch spam, so what do I know? :wacko:

The Walrus
Apr 14, 2014, 06:57 PM
We should get a special mission where we fight Aculpus' with their old ai. Because it was fun in a masochistic sort of way...

mostly bullshit but whatever

yoshiblue
Apr 14, 2014, 08:02 PM
Could always come up with a magic reason to restrict movement to PSO's. Too bad I can't use magnets in space when we were all all-stars fighting Falz.

Omega-z
Apr 14, 2014, 08:47 PM
Really? I found the old Acklepuses pretty easy to actually Melee with, The new nerf'd ones are way to easy even on SH too. I haven't seen any real difficulty other than some small things (HP and Attack power don't count). But their AI is still lacking in attacking hit-box's/speed/ targeting/aerial hit's/evading/blocking/resistance/elemental difference/team work/combo attacking/healing/buffing/debuffing/range attacking/shielding/tricking/more virility in attacks with more new attacks....etc the list can continue on.

Lostbob117
Apr 14, 2014, 09:43 PM
It might be worth having a tank? Maybe?

Rehal
Apr 15, 2014, 01:04 AM
Really? I found the old Acklepuses pretty easy to actually Melee with, The new nerf'd ones are way to easy even on SH too. I haven't seen any real difficulty other than some small things (HP and Attack power don't count). But their AI is still lacking in attacking hit-box's/speed/ targeting/aerial hit's/evading/blocking/resistance/elemental difference/team work/combo attacking/healing/buffing/debuffing/range attacking/shielding/tricking/more virility in attacks with more new attacks....etc the list can continue on.

Did you ever got swarmed by 10 prenerf aculpus when you are alone?

Gen2000
Apr 15, 2014, 01:29 AM
PSO2 gives too much respect to their enemies (as in thinking they're a decent threat as they are now). All the post-spawn taunting from the fodder enemies and only spawning one "big" boss at a time, that stuff should have ended post-VH. There should be like 2-3 Ragnes, Zesh, or whoever on the field at one time. One of the XQs has you fighting 2 Ragnes (and Persona) at one time, I can't believe they don't make more situations like that often in a "Super Hard" setting.

PSU/P just zerg a bunch of enemies at you at the higher Srank+ based quest. They're A.I.s were still dumb and simple but the fact they were rushing your shit down meant you had to react faster and use your PAs/Techs better. Especially during some of the Events where they jacked up enemy damage. Teamwork was actually forced in those cases.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 15, 2014, 01:42 AM
I think the only reason the enemies are bad is because the developers are bad at the game.

Macman
Apr 15, 2014, 01:43 AM
PSO2 is the only case I know where the people who make the game are absolutely terrible at it. I think it speaks volumes for how little they test their shit.

EvilMag
Apr 15, 2014, 01:52 AM
I remember they used to test their shit with 3* gear. Ever since the R-atk Fury nerf I notice they started using actual gear in their preview videos.

Sanguine2009
Apr 15, 2014, 01:59 AM
naw, the stuff they use in the videos is still outdated. it was mid-low tier stuff back in vh and now they still use it in sh, its obvious they expect players to be undergeared

Macman
Apr 15, 2014, 02:01 AM
Yeah, a likely ungrinded Elder Pain on their hunter and 6* on everyone else. Real indicative of what they think people are using.

They should realize that the bare minimum requirement for the stuff they're showcasing should be Dio 9* or pyroxene weapons.

Omega-z
Apr 15, 2014, 03:48 AM
Rehal - 10 pre-nerf Acklepuses (they didn't need to be) weren't that hard to dispatch but 20 ~ 30 were fun to keep you on your toe's as a DPS build. Then again do a different build and then that 20 ~ 30 was nothing.

Agitated_AT
Apr 16, 2014, 02:41 AM
Literally nothing is balanced in pso2. Skills get upgraded, for example pp restore while charging. Enemies are just as passive n the next difficulty. Result, game is easier in the harder difficulty mode.

Literally nothing is balanced

Ezodagrom
Apr 16, 2014, 07:17 AM
Enemies are just as passive n the next difficulty. Result, game is easier in the harder difficulty mode.
You haven't played since VH was the highest difficulty (not even getting to try advance quests), while that was true until VH, that doesn't apply to SH.

Lostbob117
Apr 16, 2014, 07:19 AM
Can I have more comics to see?

Skyly HUmar
Apr 16, 2014, 02:43 PM
You haven't played since VH was the highest difficulty (not even getting to try advance quests), while that was true until VH, that doesn't apply to SH.

Actually i would say that it applies to sh, when i first saw enemies running up to me quickly i thought the game finally became a challenge, but then i saw them stop and either circle me or start clapping before attacking, nothing has changed.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 16, 2014, 02:45 PM
Actually i would say that it applies to sh, when i first saw enemies running up to me quickly i thought the game finally became a challenge, but then i saw them stop and either circle me or start clapping before attacking, nothing has changed.

you're fighting against natives, that doesnt count, go against quartz dragon with an infection solo.

Edit: and if you really want your game to be hard just play as a force

Macman
Apr 16, 2014, 02:50 PM
you're fighting against natives, that doesnt count, go against quartz dragon with an infection solo.
What he said, using forest as a difficulty indicator didn't work so well in PSO1 either.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 16, 2014, 02:52 PM
Yeah, some of the bosses in SH can be very aggressive. I've gotten kinda of stuck in loops of attacks where I get knocked down, heal, get knocked down while the healing animation is still going, run a little further, get knocked down again... yeah. Quartz is especially annoying when he does his dive bomb charge attacks. If you're not paying attention, he can easily take you down with a single hit.

This is mostly only a problem when I'm playing Hunter, though. Egh.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 16, 2014, 03:01 PM
You're talking to the man who used to solo everything out of boredom, and that includes sh bosses lol. Sure I quit the game around the time TD came out, but i had solo'd every sh boss til that point, even no damaged a few (quartz included) as a hu/fi. Maybe you find the game hard, but it was easy as shit for me til the day I quit.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 16, 2014, 03:08 PM
You're talking to the man who used to solo everything out of boredom, and that includes sh bosses lol. Sure I quit the game around the time TD came out, but i had solo'd every sh boss til that point, even no damaged a few (quartz included) as a hunter. Maybe you find the game hard, but it was easy as shit for me til the day I quit.

good for you. I guess you don't need to play anymore :-? but why even stay on the forums here if you "quit". go play dark souls or something instead ^^;

Skyly HUmar
Apr 16, 2014, 03:11 PM
good for you. I guess you don't need to play anymore :-? but why even stay on the forums here if you "quit". go play dark souls or something instead ^^;

I really am loving dark souls actually lol very nice game. And just because I quit doesn't mean i can't come on and chat does it? ;p Theres actually a few friends of mine that i met in game that i can only talk to here so i like to check up on you crazy kids anyway.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 16, 2014, 03:17 PM
welp, have fun chatting with people who are not on par with your difficulty standards
but is a game that is not hard really not fun? or maybe you seek elitist pleasures in a game and that is what keeps you going. I mean it took me a while to figure it out but... it's just a video game. Saying you can even beat a game like dark souls will not gain you any real prestige in life. I mean you'll probably end up looking like this guy instead:
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/10864/001.0/compressed/c016.jpg?v=11333697521
btw if you can't tell, thats a guy playing dark souls and just wasting his life away as a single man in his dirty apartment room ^^

Skyly HUmar
Apr 16, 2014, 03:22 PM
Gaming is just a hobby isnt it? I just like a challenge.

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2014, 03:24 PM
SH made most bosses easier for me :-?

Chdata
Apr 16, 2014, 03:48 PM
Increase enemy difficulty 2x (take twice as long, twice as fast at attacking)

Increase rare drop rate 2x

The game is easier now because you don't need to chase enemies. They move so fast to you that it doesn't matter how far they spawned away ;p

Agitated_AT
Apr 16, 2014, 04:54 PM

Very hard was a joke yeah. And now I know your thought process id rather have you stop trying to argue me. I gave the game a legit chance. I think you should become more self aware about being part of an extreme, which I have no problems with at all, but it's not credible. I jumped into the game expecting something, not to adapt cause of loyalism. I dont do loyalism anymore

Valimer
Apr 16, 2014, 04:55 PM
You mean if enemies actually tried to attack you? Yeah, of course the game would be more difficult.

Seriously though, I think if the TTK for enemies was longer on average, that would constitute a need for weapon abilities like freeze and shock. Sure, the enemy AI in PSO1 was a little more primitive perhaps, but their relentless attacking combined with awful controls necessitated the use of weapons like freeze traps and Frozen Shooter.

As it stands now, the only useful weapon attribute is Shock, and that's only for dark falz.

Ezodagrom
Apr 16, 2014, 05:10 PM
Very hard was a joke yeah. And now I know your thought process id rather have you stop trying to argue me. I gave the game a legit chance. I think you should become more self aware about being part of an extreme, which I have no problems with at all, but it's not credible. I jumped into the game expecting something, not to adapt cause of loyalism. I dont do loyalism anymore
Then it's about time you just shut up and move on.
When I don't like a game as much as you don't like PSO2, I don't go on forums to argue about what I don't like, I just move on.

Gen2000
Apr 16, 2014, 05:32 PM
Edit: and if you really want your game to be hard just play as a force

Force is easy mode too if you do Ice Tree now (taking em back to Rafoie spam post-launch days). Gibarta all the SH enemies who run right into nice neat clusters for you and can't even get near you since they're constant flinching from the "ice wall". You don't even have to really aim it. IlBarta the single big mobs or stragglers who you just want to 1-2 shot. All the mass mob killing will keep your PB full very often so you can spam Ketos Proi top off your PP.

IlBarta is actually a legit general boss killing tech. Both of these things doesn't require heavy farming or super godgear either to be effective like other Force options.

If you feel threaten by anything just use Mirage Escape with it's 48353 i-frames built in to resposition yourself.

Totori
Apr 16, 2014, 05:39 PM

What classes do you use, and how exactly do you play? Given that's it's an RPG, once you find a useful exploit. I guess yeah everything can be said to be extremely easy, if you don't like that. Then stop overusing exploits, such as OP PA's.

I mean can you really say there is a game out there with perfect balance?

Agitated_AT
Apr 16, 2014, 06:30 PM
Then it's about time you just shut up and move on.
When I don't like a game as much as you don't like PSO2, I don't go on forums to argue about what I don't like, I just move on.

And here everyone, I demonstrate you the problem with loyalism. That type of emotion is really unnescesary

Thanks for everything I guess, and i mean that. Now again lets not argue anymore so you'll be able to pretend things are supposed to be one sided only.

What classes do you use, and how exactly do you play? Given that's it's an RPG, once you find a useful exploit. I guess yeah everything can be said to be extremely easy, if you don't like that. Then stop overusing exploits, such as OP PA's.

I mean can you really say there is a game out there with perfect balance?

Force + the other force class which name I forgot. Some people say its the hardest to play with those classes, others say its easy. Im leaning towards the latter but there was a thing which caused things still to be easy even if i felt weak

I dont solo. I play ps online for its online factor. I mostly play for fun and not to get everything out of the classes and whatever. Because of this last reason, when im part of a party, I dont cause the most damage. The enemy AI has some stupid thing that makes it only go after the person who deals most damage, so that never helped either to feel like there was any sort of threat.

Game's got one hell of a presentation but its pretty flawed at its core imo

Ezodagrom
Apr 16, 2014, 07:52 PM
And here everyone, I demonstrate you the problem with loyalism. That type of emotion is really unnescesary

Thanks for everything I guess, and i mean that. Now again lets not argue anymore so you'll be able to pretend things are supposed to be one sided only.
The only reason I'm reacting like this is because, even though you quit the game long ago, you occasionally come here just to either make a topic about complaining about the game (or post on topics to complain) or to talk about how previous games were better.
So, yeah, shouldn't you move on? =w=

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2014, 08:00 PM

No, you're just being a whiny clingy bitch and need to go away for your own sake as well as ours.

Agitated_AT
Apr 16, 2014, 08:07 PM
The only reason I'm reacting like this is because, even though you quit the game long ago, you occasionally come here just to either make a topic about complaining about the game (or post on topics to complain) or to talk about how previous games were better.
So, yeah, shouldn't you move on? =w=

Dude, read the thread title. I was just reacting to the subject. At this point you might as well ask for the thread to be closed

@Gigawuts

Lol at the irony of that coming from you. Don't do this guys and lets stay on topic so if you disagree with what I said, i'll gladly have an open minded discussion.

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2014, 08:10 PM
@Gigawuts

Lol at the irony of that coming from you. Don't do this guys and lets stay on topic so if you disagree with what I said, i'll gladly have an open minded discussion.

Except I actually play and enjoy the game so no, no irony here.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 16, 2014, 08:18 PM
As much as i like an old fashion keyboard war, lets take it down a notch gentlemen. I found the game to be easy as shit too (albeit i played longer than AT) it's all just opinion and speculation.

I know pso=drama (wheres that goddamn schthacck emote? lol) but lets not let it fly out of hand.

Agitated_AT
Apr 16, 2014, 09:38 PM
@gigawuts

Fine then that is settled

As much as i like an old fashion keyboard war, lets take it down a notch gentlemen. I found the game to be easy as shit too (albeit i played longer than AT) it's all just opinion and speculation.

I know pso=drama (wheres that goddamn schthacck emote? lol) but lets not let it fly out of hand.

See that's what confuses me the most. I dont know why some keep advicing me to come back. Telling me how there's changes in the next difficulty modes only to find out its the same as before. Or as i've already said, sometimes even easier because of the added upgrades(new magic and skills). Every single time it has been misleading so sorry if I don't believe it anymore when someone's like "this time it is really different, try super hard". So far I feel like I was being convinced of something they themselves wanted and made themselves believe.

I gave up after very hard. Specifically the beach level. Since you seem to share my point of view on challenge, would you say the jump to super hard differs from the other jumps? Just curious.(not planning on playing anymore cuz of other games now)

Zipzo
Apr 16, 2014, 09:50 PM

Force + the other force class which name I forgot. Some people say its the hardest to play with those classes, others say its easy. Im leaning towards the latter but there was a thing which caused things still to be easy even if i felt weak

I dont solo. I play ps online for its online factor. I mostly play for fun and not to get everything out of the classes and whatever. Because of this last reason, when im part of a party, I dont cause the most damage. The enemy AI has some stupid thing that makes it only go after the person who deals most damage, so that never helped either to feel like there was any sort of threat.

Game's got one hell of a presentation but its pretty flawed at its core imo

So is your criticism.

It's not loyalism it's just constructive and logical criticism from experience.

Unlike you, right now, who has absolutely no flippin' clue what you're talking about, whether you used to play or not.

Agitated_AT
Apr 16, 2014, 09:59 PM
So is your criticism.

It's not loyalism it's just constructive and logical criticism from experience.

Unlike you, right now, who has absolutely no flippin' clue what you're talking about, whether you used to play or not.

Alright let me admit my ignorance and repeat the same question to you zipzo, will I have a different experience in pso2 Jumping to super hard compared to the previous jumps? I'm genuinly curious so if anyone else would like to answer it'll be much apreciated

I've done this before for very hard btw and the answers were split before I found out for myself it to be no. Maybe super hard is really different then?

Ezodagrom
Apr 16, 2014, 10:00 PM
Alright let me admit my ignorance and repeat the same question to you zipzo, will I have a different experience in pso2 Jumping to super hard compared to the previous jumps? I'm genuinly curious so if anyone else would like to answer it'll be much apreciated
Is it different?
Yes.
Is the difference big and would it be good enough for you?
No.

Agitated_AT
Apr 16, 2014, 10:14 PM
Is it different?
Yes.
Is the difference big and would it be good enough for you?
No.

Very clear thanks. You know that it's my biggest complaint with the game ezo so please don't be surprised to find me mostly in these types of threads "complaining" in a topic that genuinly interests me. It's fine to aknowledge that the game isn't challenging to the degree some would like and still love the game. But for me challenge is essential to everything I planned to do in PSO2. I love rpg elements like equiping new stuff, skill and weapon upgrades. I just want the encouragement and feel like it all really matters.

Anyway if i said anything badly I would like to apologies for that.

Hobu
Apr 16, 2014, 10:39 PM
Considering that we rarely get to talk with foreign people in Ship 1, I wouldn't know if the game has become too easy for some. In my experience however, the game may be too easy or too difficult depending on what character you usually play and how long you have been playing that character, not to mention your character's level and equips.

I mained Braver for a long time and you can say I literally stomped through everything with Shunka Shunran. Before the Shunka era, I used Hien Tsubaki and Kanran Kikyou for everything. Sakura Entou for bosses. Imagine the difficulty of Bravers before that. When Shunka Shunran came, it became so easy it wasn't so funny.

I changed class and made Hunter / Braver (switched them) and I can say the game's difficulty came back a little. Hunter has terrible damage compared to Katana Braver, and the slow attacks aren't helping too. Proper positioning and timing is now more essential since Swords and Wired Lances aren't exactly "spam to win" weapons. First time I hit 50 last week, I got stomped so hard by Natives in SH it was hilarious. Perfect Guard and Counter was needed so I learned it ASAP.

Maybe it has gotten easy for some because they've gotten so skilled with their character. But there's still ton of enjoyable things about PSO2. Our team has been loyally playing it for the fun. If there is no more fun, then we probably won't play it anymore.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 16, 2014, 11:47 PM
See that's what confuses me the most. I dont know why some keep advicing me to come back. Telling me how there's changes in the next difficulty modes only to find out its the same as before. Or as i've already said, sometimes even easier because of the added upgrades(new magic and skills). Every single time it has been misleading so sorry if I don't believe it anymore when someone's like "this time it is really different, try super hard". So far I feel like I was being convinced of something they themselves wanted and made themselves believe.

I gave up after very hard. Specifically the beach level. Since you seem to share my point of view on challenge, would you say the jump to super hard differs from the other jumps? Just curious.(not planning on playing anymore cuz of other games now)

From what I experienced, there IS a rise in difficulty, there always is no matter how small. However it is not a significant jump at all transitioning from vh to sh, the major difference is that things are stupidly powerful, they run up to you quickly, and if you have a habit of getting hit you will die, but other than the boosted damage and a slight (and I mean slight) boost in the AI's aggressive behavior, its just the same o'l same o'l.

Considering that we rarely get to talk with foreign people in Ship 1, I wouldn't know if the game has become too easy for some. In my experience however, the game may be too easy or too difficult depending on what character you usually play and how long you have been playing that character, not to mention your character's level and equips.

I mained Braver for a long time and you can say I literally stomped through everything with Shunka Shunran. Before the Shunka era, I used Hien Tsubaki and Kanran Kikyou for everything. Sakura Entou for bosses. Imagine the difficulty of Bravers before that. When Shunka Shunran came, it became so easy it wasn't so funny.

I changed class and made Hunter / Braver (switched them) and I can say the game's difficulty came back a little. Hunter has terrible damage compared to Katana Braver, and the slow attacks aren't helping too. Proper positioning and timing is now more essential since Swords and Wired Lances aren't exactly "spam to win" weapons. First time I hit 50 last week, I got stomped so hard by Natives in SH it was hilarious. Perfect Guard and Counter was needed so I learned it ASAP.

Maybe it has gotten easy for some because they've gotten so skilled with their character. But there's still ton of enjoyable things about PSO2. Our team has been loyally playing it for the fun. If there is no more fun, then we probably won't play it anymore.

This guy also has a good point, your class can directly influence how hard the game is because of safety and mobility. I have always been a hu/fi, I've mained hunter since day 1 of beta, the game was never overly difficult, and i never felt any significant pressure when it came to completing anything (that includes soloing lv 40 fang banthers as a lv 6 fighter before subclasses were out). That may just be because I know those classes inside and out, or maybe because my classes are just that good at what I used them for. I do know however that forces got a major damage nerf in sh. In vh and lower forces could easily hit hard enough to kill trash mobs, and they hit hard enough to deal with bosses in good time, but with the hp some enemies have, forces can't dispatch things like they used to.

AT, if you ever decide to come back into the game and try sh, you will probably be overwhelmed for a bit, if the game was as easy to you back then as it is to this hu/fi right here (the OP :D) you will probably outgrow the difficulty in about 30 minutes.

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 12:46 AM

I've done this before for very hard btw and the answers were split before I found out for myself it to be no. Maybe super hard is really different then?

Nobody here is obligated to give you a damn rundown of what the game is like when you can simply login to it any time you wish (it's a F2P game BTW) and figure it out for yourself.

You simply risk wasting people's time.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2014, 01:04 AM
Nobody here is obligated to give you a damn rundown of what the game is like when you can simply login to it any time you wish (it's a F2P game BTW) and figure it out for yourself.

I went under the assumption that he wiped the game from his hard drive like i did lol.

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 01:29 AM
I went under the assumption that he wiped the game from his hard drive like i did lol.

So he can redownload it.

At least that way he wastes his own time.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2014, 01:34 AM
re-downloading 20+ gigs is a scary thought XD.

What do you think though zip? Would the pso1 AI be a step up or down?

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 01:43 AM
re-downloading 20+ gigs is a scary thought XD.

What do you think though zip? Would the pso1 AI be a step up or down?

It's an invalid comparison because game play mechanics differ between the two games to the point of complete and utter difference.

It's like asking if Hockey would be tougher if they had to use a basketball instead of a puck.

Hobu
Apr 17, 2014, 07:32 AM
Now if the mobs were many like Sangoku Musou and relentlessly attacks with sudden burst of S-atk +40%, then that might be interesting right?

I'd love to fight a hundred enemies at once that has no intention of just staring at you before attacking. They'd be in formations, and has a variety of insta-killing or fatal attacks. I wonder how we'd fare from that? But the God-Eater like mechanics of the game is not so bad either. I'm a big fan of Phantasy Star, God Eater, and Monster Hunter. No need to bring other mechanics that might make people say that this is no longer Phantasy Star.

The whole point of PS is that there's a dungeon, some switches, mobs of increasing difficulty, and a boss that drops epic loot. If you've played Ambition of the Illuminus, PSP, PSP2, PSP2:Infinity, then it follows that Phantasy Star formula.

Agitated_AT
Apr 18, 2014, 01:03 AM
Nobody here is obligated to give you a damn rundown of what the game is like

No one was indeed, but some people have this thing called kindheartedness I guess? Take a chill pill

@skyly

Spot on. I'll probably won't get to downloading the 20gb soon, but when I do i'll definitely take my time to reach the requirements for SH. Thanks again and with that im out.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 18, 2014, 01:22 AM
Your friendly neighborhood ego hunter at your service :trout:

Ezodagrom
Apr 18, 2014, 06:46 AM
No one was indeed, but some people have this thing called kindheartedness I guess? Take a chill pill

@skyly

Spot on. I'll probably won't get to downloading the 20gb soon, but when I do i'll definitely take my time to reach the requirements for SH. Thanks again and with that im out.
I still think you should have moved on for good, I don't believe the game is ever going to become what you want it to be, but... if you're really going to try to reach SH, and since you always talked about the lack of engaging content, you should give the Mine Base Defense emergency quests a try, if you get the chance (you can try it out on VH, shouldn't be hard to find a multiparty for it in VH specific blocks, when it happens).

Enemies spawn in waves, the goal is to not let them attack/destroy the towers (3 towers in the primary Base Defense quest, 5 towers in secondary Base Defense quest, lately the secondary quest has been happening alot, and it even is scheduled for certain times).