PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 On Vita?

disaster.report
Apr 16, 2014, 11:30 AM
Hey PSO2 community,

A few months back I had to stop playing PSO2 because I got a Macbook Pro (I know, I know) and I really miss the game. I know I can get it running through Bootcamp but the specs on this MBP are low. So I was wondering, what's PSO2 like on a PS Vita? I know I can't apply an english patch (as far as I know) but, that doesn't really bother me. I'm more concerned if it is bad compared to the PC version. Anyone out there play it on both Vita and PC? Comparisons would be nice.

Cheers,
Jer

Shadowth117
Apr 16, 2014, 11:35 AM
It'll be better than a low end PC probably. I mean for one thing its going to look a bit more decent than setting 1. If you're used to 5 second or less load times you may be disappointed, but its bearable. You won't be able to TPS decently without changing the settings of course.

Some areas can be particularly taxing on vita and you WILL notice frame drops in them ie. Mining Base Defense or heavy PSE bursts. Generally, the game runs pretty smoothly though for a handheld game. You might find it worthwhile.

disaster.report
Apr 16, 2014, 11:42 AM
Sounds good enough to me, I'm assuming you can only enter the Vita/PC blocks, right?

Shadowth117
Apr 16, 2014, 11:45 AM
Yes, you won't be joining PC only blocks. You'll be stuck in 100 level and 200 level blocks.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 16, 2014, 12:10 PM
Vita graphics are pretty much the same as the low end setting in PC.

disaster.report
Apr 16, 2014, 12:18 PM
Is it that bad? I've seen Setting 1 on the PC ver. and it's horrible.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 16, 2014, 12:20 PM
somewhat between 2 and 3.

screenshot for scale.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Playstation-Vita-PSO2-450x255.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shadowth117
Apr 16, 2014, 12:21 PM
Its actually not quite like that. The characters are the closest thing to it although they come out looking a bit better than one might expect because of the effects they put on. Most of the areas look at least like setting 2 or 3 and the enemies themselves look fine. Some things actually look different entirely (and arguably better in places) than the PC version such as the water in places.

disaster.report
Apr 16, 2014, 12:23 PM
Wow, thanks for the great detail! I'm highly considering trying out the Vita version.

Pugas87
Apr 16, 2014, 01:59 PM
I play through bootcamp on my macbook pro and on vita. Besides getting hot because of the metal frame, the MBP plays fine. Basically I play both on the go and just pick one based on remaining battery life. Even after playing for over a year, I still accidently blacklist people or drop out of my team on vita version due to language barrier.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 16, 2014, 02:23 PM
Hey PSO2 community,

A few months back I had to stop playing PSO2 because I got a Macbook Pro (I know, I know) and I really miss the game. I know I can get it running through Bootcamp but the specs on this MBP are low. So I was wondering, what's PSO2 like on a PS Vita? I know I can't apply an english patch (as far as I know) but, that doesn't really bother me. I'm more concerned if it is bad compared to the PC version. Anyone out there play it on both Vita and PC? Comparisons would be nice.

Cheers,
Jer

Send me your MBP so I can use it for Ableton Live, and I'll send you my ASUS laptop that plays PSO2. It's a good deal, I promise. ^^;

Do you know which MBP you have and what GPU it has? MBP's aren't really bad, my friend plays Skyrim on his and it looks just fine.

disaster.report
Apr 16, 2014, 06:24 PM
Good one ;)

I have a 2009 MBP with with 2GB RAM and a 2.26 GH Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Which isn't neccesarily horrible but I'd be playing PSO2 at its lowest settings.

schnee4
Apr 16, 2014, 10:20 PM
Vita = Lowest PC setting
your most concern must be useless vita controls rather of graphic setting
Maybe you deserve for buy useless macbook, appleboy

Invader J
Apr 16, 2014, 10:31 PM
Yeah I gotta say, I run the game on an MBPro with Intel 4000 chipset when I'm on the go (traveling, etc), and while the machine does get plenty warm, it's perfectly playable. And IMO, a damn sight better than the Vita version. Rebooting into Windows is a slight pain in the rear but the experience vs. the Vita is totally worth it. Combine with a wired or wireless controller and you're gold, dude.

disaster.report
Apr 16, 2014, 10:39 PM
Vita = Lowest PC setting
your most concern must be useless vita controls rather of graphic setting
Maybe you deserve for buy useless macbook, appleboy

It was a gift actually :)

disaster.report
Apr 16, 2014, 10:40 PM
Yeah I gotta say, I run the game on an MBPro with Intel 4000 chipset when I'm on the go (traveling, etc), and while the machine does get plenty warm, it's perfectly playable. And IMO, a damn sight better than the Vita version. Rebooting into Windows is a slight pain in the rear but the experience vs. the Vita is totally worth it. Combine with a wired or wireless controller and you're gold, dude.

Hmm.. I might try it out, thanks for the input!