PDA

View Full Version : Returning player, looking to switch ships - need advice

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 16, 2014, 12:40 PM
My friends have recently gotten into the game, and they had no idea I used to play (I stopped about a year ago). I have a character on ship 2 that I don't really want to abandon (4 classes at 45-55, 3 mags, a bunch of costumes), but they all joined ship 10. If I switch over, what exactly do I lose? The bumped article dated 2012 states I get to keep my equipment and item pack, but lose my items within storage. Is this up to date, and does this mean I'd lose everything (well not lose, but be unable to bring over) everything in my 200/200 box? What about the temp storage? What about System storage? Meseta doesn't seem to be an issue, I only have 1476 lol (I am pretty sure that the last things I was doing was utterly failing to upgrade my Kagudachi or something).

As for actually returning to the game, I have no idea if what I have is even good anymore, and what I should bring over if I cannot bring my storage items (its at 198/200). I primarily played some combinations of Ra/Gu/Hu/Fi. For weapons, looking at the things that have been Dudu'd, I have the following:

Aristin+9
Lambda Aristin+10
Kagudachi+10
Old Device+10
Lambda Twizzler+10
Red Rifle+10
Rediultiv+5 ) (and I have a second one for some reason?!?)
CraftPlosion+10
Red Launcher+10
Lambda Radiegle+10
Surukurai+5
Aevind+10

For amor, I have in my inventory:
Rear/Bulb Lute+10
Rear/Calvaria Wing
Arm/Remjees+10
Arm/Calvaria Toll+10
Arm/Ragne Ancaire
Leg/Gout Plate+10
Leg/Calvaria Fin+10

I know I also have a Vardha set that at the time was supposed to be like the best or second best thing I could make for my ranged classes. Is any of this still good?

In my storage, I have a ton of armors that I don't really know what I'm doing with. A lot of it is rank 9. I also have a bunch of pyroxene stones (I think from AQs?). What about all these ability/grind success/ad special ability things? In general, what are good things to bring over?

Performance wise, I seem to be getting a lot of stuttering. In lobby my game is running at like 100+ FPS consistently but stuttering a lot. Any way to fix this?

nathanielzor
Apr 16, 2014, 12:47 PM
All of your gear is trash now. And leveling to 45-55 is honestly a joke now I might almost just start over completely myself. But yeah I'm pretty sure its only the things in your inventory and the meseta on hand that move over. (Your storage is ship bound so this makes sense anyways.) I'm not sure though since I've never done it personally.

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 16, 2014, 01:06 PM
If my gears suck now, that's good since it'll make me a lot less worried about leaving behind something useful. I guess I'll mainly worry about bringing over my costumes and stuff. Are the pyroxene stones still useful to keep?

DJcooltrainer
Apr 16, 2014, 01:09 PM
If my gears suck now, that's good since it'll make me a lot less worried about leaving behind something useful. I guess I'll mainly worry about bringing over my costumes and stuff. Are the pyroxene stones still useful to keep?

Yeah, pyroxenes are still useful, especially with some of the newer gears you can get with them. You'll only be able to transfer whatever you can keep in your inventory. so if you wanna carry a lot of stuff with you I'd recommend expanding your inventory storage before transferring ships, but it'll cost ya.

Stickboy
Apr 16, 2014, 01:11 PM
bring over the costumes and weapon camo, non-boost tickets, exq tickets, 10* and higher weapons and units, meseta, whichever +10 stuff you wanna bring, grinders, risk reduction, grind rate and affix increase, add special ability, pyroxene stones if you want, leave healing mates and moons and telepipes behind.

not sure what else is needed

Celille
Apr 16, 2014, 01:21 PM
Assuming your friends just started why don't you try and convince them to reroll and join you on ship 2?

WildarmsRE5
Apr 16, 2014, 01:29 PM
Assuming your friends just started why don't you try and convince them to reroll and join you on ship 2?._. this is actually a better Idea, saves money.

Vetur
Apr 16, 2014, 02:18 PM
Yeah, if your friends just started then I would try to convince them to make new accounts for ship 2... It would be more convenient and fair for both of you that way, unless they also spent real money and lots of time on their characters already.
If that's the case, then a ship transfer may be better, but be sure to bring everything important like costumes and AC stuff you can't easily obtain.

Zorafim
Apr 16, 2014, 03:35 PM
Your gear isn't trash! You can dismantle it for materials to craft a statistically superior (yet practically inferior) weapon!

But yeah, convince them to reroll on ship 2. Most english players play there, so it'll be easier to meet people.

Brazenhorn
Apr 16, 2014, 04:42 PM
Speaking as someone who used to play on ship 8 and switched to ship 2, you are probably going to find, say, 5-7 people who speak the same language as you, maybe (not counting your friends.) Which means nobody to do anything with, ever, no chance to join a decent-sized team, etc.

Even if you think b20 is annoying and stupid, I heavily recommend convincing your friends to play on ship 2 instead. It's just a better experience overall for someone who doesn't speak Japanese.

Shadowth117
Apr 16, 2014, 04:49 PM
Speaking as someone who used to play on ship 8 and switched to ship 2, you are probably going to find, say, 5-7 people who speak the same language as you, maybe (not counting your friends.) Which means nobody to do anything with, ever, no chance to join a decent-sized team, etc.

Even if you think b20 is annoying and stupid, I heavily recommend convincing your friends to play on ship 2 instead. It's just a better experience overall for someone who doesn't speak Japanese.

This this this this, and oh yeah, this^

Arksenth
Apr 16, 2014, 05:03 PM

How dare you! Ship 8 is the best!

Hmph. You may never return, for you have been exiled from paradise!

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 16, 2014, 05:51 PM
What kind of stuff should I be shooting for now? I'm reading up on the crafting system and what not but I have no idea idea what is generally any good anymore. I've got no idea how to progress from where I'm at. Would it be desynthing all the stuff I'm not bringing and taking the resulting mats?

My friends are in their 20s-30s. Regardless of how long it actually takes to get to that point, I kind of doubt they'll remake their characters, that's just how they are.

Sanguine2009
Apr 16, 2014, 07:46 PM
you can get to 20-30 in like 2 hours even if you take your time. faster if you rush it

WildarmsRE5
Apr 17, 2014, 05:32 AM
pffft, 20 - 30.

bahahahaha.

they really should just remake their characters then.

Skyly
Apr 17, 2014, 05:55 AM
All of your gear is trash now.

I LOL'D seriously lol.

ChouKantoku
Apr 19, 2014, 09:59 PM
Remember that you can make another character on Ship 2 before you transfer to retain access to your items in storage that you leave behind should you ever want them someday.

If you go ahead and go through with the move to Ship 10, feel free to add me, 超監督. Also, if you're looking for a team, you and your friends are welcome to join our team, Galaxy団. We can help your friends learn the ropes, help you get caught up on what's new in PSO2, and run some EQs or TACOs together to help you gear up.