PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch a Pso2 Animation?

MegaZoneXE
Apr 16, 2014, 11:28 PM
Yukito-San made a post where pso2 made a cameo in an anime: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218544

I've talked about it in the past as well..

But now that pso2 has established itself and is a very big franchise, somewhat* [*unless my fanboyism wants me to believe they are...], im surprised they [SEGA] have not been approached by animation studios to do an OVA or series.

A lot of modern series like ./hack, Log Horizon and the recent Sword Art Online all seems to be influenced by it in some way.

Nonetheless, i would hate if an adaption where to take on the cliche "cant log out / stuck in the game" type story plot. What was said in past thread is that they would need better writers.

What do you all think?

Arksenth
Apr 16, 2014, 11:30 PM
I think it's better suited as a documentary about sad men who play barbie-doll dress-up on the internet.

Totori
Apr 16, 2014, 11:31 PM
I'd watch it if it had an original plot and wasn't a mess like the whole "cant log out / stuck in the game" scenario. Then sure I'd tune in, just to get more Phantasy Star.

Shadowth117
Apr 16, 2014, 11:36 PM
Yukito-San made a post where pso2 made a cameo in an anime: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218544

But now that pso2 has established itself and is a very big franchise, somewhat* [*unless my fanboyism wants me to believe they are...], im surprised they [SEGA] have not been approached by animation studios to do an OVA or series.

A lot of modern series like ./hack, Log Horizon and the recent Sword Art Online all seems to be influenced by it in some way.

Nonetheless, i would hate if an adaption where to take on the cliche "cant log out / stuck in the game" type story plot. What was said in past thread is that they would need better writers.

What do you all think?

I really don't think so much that they were influenced by PSO2 alone, but by PSO itself mainly which went on to inspire various things.

But anyways, I mean they did do an anime for Blade and Soul. No reason it couldn't happen for PSO2. Base it on the story or make it a side story if you want, but I wouldn't mind something in that universe. Literally no reason to make it out to be a game world rather than its own fantasy setting. Hell, make it a lead up or possibly follow up to PS Nova maybe.

Sayara
Apr 16, 2014, 11:36 PM
Just don't be as awful as Aoi Sekai no Chuushin ffs (http://www.animexmusic.net/uploads/1/4/1/8/14181808/709643928_orig.jpg)

Shadowth117
Apr 16, 2014, 11:38 PM
Just don't be as awful as Aoi Sekai no Chuushin ffs (http://www.animexmusic.net/uploads/1/4/1/8/14181808/709643928_orig.jpg)

That anime would have been soooo much better if the majority of the characters in it were based on characters in games that were still relevant now...

Sayara
Apr 16, 2014, 11:41 PM
That anime would have been soooo much better if the majority of the characters in it were based on characters in games that were still relevant now...

The idea was its trying to mock the SEGA vs NINTENDO craze of Genesis vs SNES/NES and whatnot

back when SEGA was relevent. Except it fell horribly flat on its face.

Shadowth117
Apr 16, 2014, 11:58 PM
The idea was its trying to mock the SEGA vs NINTENDO craze of Genesis vs SNES/NES and whatnot

back when SEGA was relevent. Except it fell horribly flat on its face.

Oh I'm aware. Its just not the best concept given the audience. And the awful plot.

strikerhunter
Apr 17, 2014, 12:02 AM
Anime of PSO2? If I get to see the player/main character trying to grind at Dudu and rages because of RNG then I'm all for it.

lol nah. TBH if it where to get an anime counterpart what would the plot even be?

Sanguine2009
Apr 17, 2014, 12:09 AM
i would watch it if it stared lisa or dudu for sure

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 17, 2014, 12:16 AM
My little serial killer caseal can't be this cute.

Macman
Apr 17, 2014, 12:25 AM
Probably not. I'm not a huge anime fan. I'd probably get a kick out of anything involving Dudu or Gettemhart and be bored at everything else.

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 12:49 AM

What do you all think?

Why was your first inclination for a PSO2 anime to be some kind of virtual online game scenario?

Why not...an actual sci-fi themed anime within the Phantasy Star Online 2 canon...?

Freshellent
Apr 17, 2014, 01:10 AM
I'm sure there will always be that guy who says:

PSO1 was better in terms of story!

Of course it's because of the minimalist fragments we got, so we got to fill the blanks to make things perfect in our minds. I still believe it's possible to do in animation.

That being said, I still believe PSO2 is still a little too bright for my tastes. It's kind of... well I enjoy it. Just not as much as the dark horrible world I imagined with Rico running about.

I've mentioned before, and I believe a few people agreed that the series would benefit from a collection of 1 shot stories focused on small segments of the universe that make up a larger tale that can be covered in other OVAs and the like.

musicmf
Apr 17, 2014, 01:28 AM
Why was your first inclination for a PSO2 anime to be some kind of virtual online game scenario?

Why not...an actual sci-fi themed anime within the Phantasy Star Online 2 canon...?

^ Exactly.

At the very least, I'd figure the Story mode easily adapt into an Anime. It's pretty much written like any other anime that eventually becomes a "saving the world" from the evil being plotline.

Now it won't be the most exciting thing to grace the screen, but just seeing some of the characters people love (Apparently, Io and Klotho) in a more fluid (and with hands not locked into a single position) animation would probably be entertaining enough. Along with being able to give more personality to some of the NPCs (extras) in the ship who you don't normally interact with.

I think it would be quite boring to do one of those "stuck-in-a-virtual-world" cliches.
More so if they use a default male hunter with a gunslash as their lead. >_>

landman
Apr 17, 2014, 03:33 AM
I couldn't finish watching Valkyria Chonicles anime because of what they did to some characters: main heroine going from caring in-game to tsundere in the anime, Vyse (a cameo character from Skies of Arcadia) DYING!

But since PSO2 story and main characters are awful on their own I don't think I would be disappointed with an anime.

Zorafim
Apr 17, 2014, 04:31 AM
I believe there already is an anime of Phantasy Star...four.

I'm sure there will always be that guy who says:

PSO1 was better in terms of story!

Of course it's because of the minimalist fragments we got, so we got to fill the blanks to make things perfect in our minds. I still believe it's possible to do in animation.

That being said, I still believe PSO2 is still a little too bright for my tastes. It's kind of... well I enjoy it. Just not as much as the dark horrible world I imagined with Rico running about.

I've mentioned before, and I believe a few people agreed that the series would benefit from a collection of 1 shot stories focused on small segments of the universe that make up a larger tale that can be covered in other OVAs and the like.

I think PSO would make a better mystery novel than anime. Unless it's one of those anime with little plot and fills the rest of the time with fun characters and great combat scenes, perhaps.

Vyse (a cameo character from Skies of Arcadia) DYING!

I didn't know that was a thing, and I hate it now.

Vetur
Apr 17, 2014, 04:59 AM
If it was actually about the Phantasy Star lore and explained the storyline, and not filled with ecchi fanservice for straight males(like panty-shots), then I would definitely want to watch it.

I would highly prefer it not to be one of those "This is an MMO" anime, and be a fantasy/sci-fi anime about the actual lore, not being a game. Similarly to how Ragnarok's anime was not some kids playing a game, but them actually living in that world to begin with.

Shinamori
Apr 17, 2014, 05:30 AM
I wouldn't mind if it was done in a OVA style, however, they probably have to come up with original characters aka the "Phantasy Star Crew" lol

KatsuraJun
Apr 17, 2014, 05:33 AM
If it was actually about the Phantasy Star lore and explained the storyline, and not filled with ecchi fanservice for straight males(like panty-shots), then I would definitely want to watch it.

Why not both?

Fanservice isn't and never was mutually exclusive from good writing.

Just some people who can't write find it easier to market if they plaster fanservice everywhere and hope nobody notices how stale their writing is.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 17, 2014, 06:28 AM
Yea I'd rather do something like what blade & soul did, (more based on actual story plot rather than the can't log out scenario) except instead of big oppaitastic females fighting and みみめめMIMI Singing th OP song, we have space Loli pettankos fighting instead and ClariS singing.

Rien
Apr 17, 2014, 08:25 AM
I'd watch a pso2 animation only if:

1. It does not use the matterboard as plot material. That's not even a coherent plot: Episode 1 is just a bunch of different events (some important and some not) that are only tied together by you being present. No, not even the things you do affect it. It's just you being there. "Hey look, it's an ARKS member! Come over here, I got really important research and I want you to help" is just stupid (Rogio, looking at you). Quna the Idol noticing you is doubly stupid.

2. It draws a realistic representation of how many ARKS are going around doing things. There's going to be more than just one MPA on the planet. Franka won't be standing idly in the lobby: her restaurant is going to be crowded as fuck. Researchers like Rogio and Gerard don't stand there and ask passerby ARKS to help with their "important research". Make a personal request, goddammit. It can uh, forgo the scantily-clad/fetish outfit population though.

3. For the love of god, it does not do what Blade & Soul did and make a character whose class is not even in the game (in Blade & Soul, there are no gunslingers and you just get guns on an event/map/dungeon-specific basis). Exceptions can be made for villains (like Luther being a Photoner), but otherwise, no.

gigawuts
Apr 17, 2014, 08:35 AM
I probably would yeah. If it was terrible enough I'd stop after a few minutes, but I'd probably still start watching it despite people saying it's terrible (which they would no matter what it was like).

Hexxy
Apr 17, 2014, 09:08 AM
27 episode series starring Dudu and Mr. Umbla. Umbla will be voiced by Gabriel Iglesias and only speak spanish. It will have 80's cartoon music similar to Thundercats. The plot is that they have to find the legendary 15* Rainbow Rappy Twin Wired Cannon-tana Bow that fires out Orochi's and grind it to +99 in order to stop the Rappy God from pooping on Oracle's space windshield. The plot twist is that Dudu doesn't have fury stance.

Sanguine2009
Apr 17, 2014, 09:16 AM
27 episode series starring Dudu and Mr. Umbla. Umbla will be voiced by Gabriel Iglesias and only speak spanish. It will have 80's cartoon music similar to Thundercats. The plot is that they have to find the legendary 15* Rainbow Rappy Twin Wired Cannon-tana Bow that fires out Orochi's and grind it to +99 in order to stop the Rappy God from pooping on Oracle's space windshield. The plot twist is that Dudu doesn't have fury stance.

fund it

Kilich
Apr 17, 2014, 09:50 AM
Couldn't help, but correct you.

I'd watch a pso2 animation only if:

1. It does not use the matterboard as plot material. That's not even a coherent plot: Episode 1 is just a bunch of different events (some important and some not) that are only tied together by you being present. No, not even the things you do affect it. It's just you being there. "Hey look, it's an ARKS member! Come over here, I got really important research and I want you to help" is just stupid (Rogio, looking at you). Quna the Idol noticing you is doubly stupid.

Ep1's prologue arc is you changing the past so Klotho would save Matoi, Zeno would intercept the Darkers on the main path and you luring Persona away to Gettemhalt. Pro-tip, most of the story meat is in the blue tablets.

Main arc is searching for Claris's Genesis wand parts and freeing Falz.

And two part sidestory about Chrome, where you learn more about dragons with Aki and then help Kuna, whom you befriended because you can see through her Genesis weapon stealth and share a goal.

2. It draws a realistic representation of how many ARKS are going around doing things. There's going to be more than just one MPA on the planet. Franka won't be standing idly in the lobby: her restaurant is going to be crowded as fuck. Researchers like Rogio and Gerard don't stand there and ask passerby ARKS to help with their "important research". Make a personal request, goddammit. It can uh, forgo the scantily-clad/fetish outfit population though.

If you want a realistic representation, then most newbie ARKS would also be busy in many other Nab regions and visit many other restaurants.

I'd imagine that Rogio would post the request on a message\request board. And if you came to fulfill his request, you would get to do it. Same with Gerard.

3. For the love of god, it does not do what Blade & Soul did and make a character whose class is not even in the game (in Blade & Soul, there are no gunslingers and you just get guns on an event/map/dungeon-specific basis). Exceptions can be made for villains (like Luther being a Photoner), but otherwise, no.

The gunslinger character in anime exists in the game as a gunslinger NPC. In fact, she's not the only gunslinger NPC there.

Rien
Apr 17, 2014, 09:56 AM
Errrr, Klotho saved Matoi? Why does she have so much attraction towards you, then?

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 17, 2014, 10:05 AM
Cuz klotho's D is too big

Lostbob117
Apr 17, 2014, 10:06 AM
Depends if it's good or not.

pkemr4
Apr 17, 2014, 10:41 AM
if they did. watch it be 12-13 episode's long

Kilich
Apr 17, 2014, 10:51 AM
Errrr, Klotho saved Matoi? Why does she have so much attraction towards you, then?

Because she said your name when she woke up. Why, nobody knows yet.

MegaZoneXE
Apr 17, 2014, 12:21 PM

It wasn't my first inclination but it is the trending concept for MMO style anime.

^ Exactly.

At the very least, I'd figure the Story mode easily adapt into an Anime. It's pretty much written like any other anime that eventually becomes a "saving the world" from the evil being plotline.

Now it won't be the most exciting thing to grace the screen, but just seeing some of the characters people love (Apparently, Io and Klotho) in a more fluid (and with hands not locked into a single position) animation would probably be entertaining enough. Along with being able to give more personality to some of the NPCs (extras) in the ship who you don't normally interact with.

I think it would be quite boring to do one of those "stuck-in-a-virtual-world" cliches.
More so if they use a default male hunter with a gunslash as their lead. >_>

Right "saving the world" or a focus on a young ARK protagonist would be awesome.

Zyrusticae
Apr 17, 2014, 02:27 PM
To be fair, this is the game's fault. The character in question is an NPC who is a gunslinger in the game; there are many enemy NPCs that use guns. It's just not available as a player class for some reason.

if they did. watch it be 12-13 episode's long
In all honesty, if they did do an adaptation I'd want it to be a 4-episode OVA jam-packed with lots of pretty animation.

I mean, that's really the best-case scenario right there. You're never going to get a mind-blowing transcendental story out of the PSO2 universe, especially not with the budget it would have.

It wasn't my first inclination but it is the trending concept for MMO style anime.

Those are all original series though, not adaptations of game -> anime.

lostinseganet
Apr 17, 2014, 03:47 PM
I would is they uped the graphics of pso 2 to crysis 1 and used it to make machinima. I would pay money too. They could sell the anime ingame, and players could watch it together.

Sacrificial
Apr 17, 2014, 03:50 PM
They could sell the anime ingame, and players could watch it together.

watch the anime or watch the SA spam that is bound to happen if you do that ingame?

Reyva
Apr 17, 2014, 05:07 PM
No I would only watch a pso2 animation if it included the cast of the "brain surgeons" of pos-world. You could also include their characters too. The "brain surgeons" are just peeps who will talk about game mechanics heavily such as drop rates, the best optimal class/subclasses, pas/techs, enemy data, and much more. Always posting, always arguing, and plays the game like a brain surgeon.

The villain can be someone who everyone hates on pos-world. The sub-villain can be dudu. I'm pretty sure someone on pos-world can imitate dudu's voice well. It would be one of those scenes where the pos-world player is trying to upgrade their gear and dudu fails it automatically, yet the villain upgrades with a 2% chance and passes.

You could have some additional flunkies to the villain list as someone who would fight alongside with the villain, but just naming the big two for now.

Story would start off random with them talking about classes/subclasses, drop rates, nerfs, etc etc etc until the villain pops up.

The cast? I'd love to list those people's names, but I'll let someone else have the luxury of doing that lol. I think if you've been to pos-world long enough, you already have a good idea of the cast and the villains.

It be a 2hr long animation.

Zorafim
Apr 17, 2014, 05:25 PM
pos-world, huh? Why do people come on to PSO-world, say how terrible PSO-world is, and stay on PSO-world?

Kikikiki
Apr 17, 2014, 05:57 PM
pos-world, huh? Why do people come on to PSO-world, say how terrible PSO-world is, and stay on PSO-world?

Third world problem.

Vintasticvin
Apr 17, 2014, 06:12 PM

Its because harassing the board makes them look cool and its a past time time.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 17, 2014, 06:20 PM

Hypocrisy, boredom, there's a whole myriad of reasons, I'd wager.

holmwood
Apr 17, 2014, 06:24 PM
not enough moe.

Krimson
Apr 17, 2014, 06:32 PM
I'd watch it if it had an original plot and wasn't a mess like the whole "cant log out / stuck in the game" scenario. Then sure I'd tune in, just to get more Phantasy Star.

That's what I was gonna say lolol

Cadfael
Apr 17, 2014, 07:27 PM
I'd be interested if it was related to the story of the games, and not a SAO clone. Maybe a side-story starring the original Council of Six?

Omega-z
Apr 17, 2014, 07:33 PM
PSO2 so far has a good Attack on Rappy and alot of Music dance vid's.

As well as the Rappy vid's and Music dance vid's PSU did get a couple of pretty good looking anime's/story-boards vid's.

Vid's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv7sbRFOGbk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJVZfcWdmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swVwzTOBaK4

this one had TV quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYpaUQgL1IM

Then there was also this on going anime that started as a story board to a moving anime which had 39 episodes it would of gone farther if Sega allowed it too. It's site:

http://hoshimeguri.sakura.ne.jp/PSU/

It will be a matter of time before some one will make a good anime vid for PSO2. How long or how good it is will be based on Sega.

Vetur
Apr 19, 2014, 01:07 AM
Why not both?

Fanservice isn't and never was mutually exclusive from good writing.

Just some people who can't write find it easier to market if they plaster fanservice everywhere and hope nobody notices how stale their writing is.

Because I do not like it... It grosses me out, just like men watching other guys in speedos or close ups of their hot body(ex: Free!) offends/grosses them out.
Of course, I like Free!, but I would not insist someone watch it if they didn't like seeing hot guys to begin with.
Of course, that is only my viewpoint, among the tons of people who probably have the opposite view and don't care...

BIG OLAF
Apr 19, 2014, 08:00 AM
I don't think even a Phantasy Star anime could make me like anime.

In fact, I know it wouldn't.

jooozek
Apr 19, 2014, 09:46 AM
there is nothing in pso2 that would make a cartoon out of it worthwhile watching

Mysterious-G
Apr 19, 2014, 10:11 AM
Watching Kuna's performance live for the first time, Echo, Lisa, Io and Patty decide to form a band! But the road to the top isn't as easy as it seems?! This slice of life comedy is a must watch full of friendship, laughs, and the struggles of four girls aiming to become the Nr. 1 idols of all of Arks! But will they really make it?! We are rooting for you! Good luck, girls!!

BIG OLAF
Apr 19, 2014, 10:14 AM
Watching Kuna's performance live for the first time, Echo, Lisa, Io and Patty decide to form a band! But the road to the top isn't as easy as it seems?! This slice of life comedy is a must watch full of friendship, laughs, and the struggles of four girls aiming to become the Nr. 1 idols of all of Arks! But will they really make it?! We are rooting for you! Good luck, girls!!

Jesus fucking Christ no

Freshellent
Apr 19, 2014, 10:20 AM
We definitely don't need another slice of life show.

pkemr4
Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 AM

i dislike pso-w yet i still post here and read the threads. same goes for /vg/ and gamefaq. each place has there own flaws.

gigawuts
Apr 19, 2014, 10:38 AM

The only reason I would buy this is to sharpen the DVDs and slit my own wrists.

btw-Niji
Apr 19, 2014, 10:38 AM
PSOW is a great forum. So many smart people! a lot of correct information posted daily!

Apr 19, 2014, 12:22 PM

That would own

SakoHaruo
Apr 19, 2014, 12:49 PM
The story is really shitty. Nice fight scenes and fan service better be their main focus.Also there's a lot of death in PSO2 so I would expect to see some blood service, too.

Zyrusticae
Apr 19, 2014, 12:50 PM
I don't think even a Phantasy Star anime could make me like anime.

In fact, I know it wouldn't.
I could make a massive post disparaging you for this post, but I'm just going to settle with this.
https://evagcq.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pbKsy78Jmf8L9L57ERDBCA9Npbh5V8ZZnQdm7CAARp7UlgYC 5Ysfll7-ah3C0KQ8XB5pW3hJzN7JNaUppWluz3_eJeTiC3LsAtb741TniX N8/1390768058379.gif?psid=1
https://evagcq.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pZ6DwAvO6RL7iovQ7e1MvW3EtX99dGgzSlJQWHxgrRP1Khhx mJkgBWmGu5lGNaIDBW4UPIjdMeNKLFnGd_23vtiqF6ZFr4Ncdr WAAwUzs0f0/n3ycanw3Cd1shp0t4o2_500.gif?psid=1https://evagcq.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pnaufYcpkr6JvCzb97v_fMytP4CVVHtQZZZ4hCP-Z0zuxFHHWIbtgAVSLrRhH7xgJ5rQPHwH5jANM2ufIzmYLN8nG2 TzTntuensZdU-cfk0s/n3ycanw3Cd1shp0t4o3_500.gif?psid=1[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://evagcq.blu.livefilestore.com/y2pAoWz0xaniN-Jyqw8-dskMEDzxml8QujpRu_3IZoARpq6Ot0IzilEABGRX21Q24uAt7w aAq82iqDUBXRD72YoE_lh9Os9x5RrZZxmn6GcxAQ/ibc2T2UdTE6HY9.gif?psid=1https://evagcq.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pbf_awEBMmSNU866Arau4hfxi5I3dmQcOwk4pFUv1P4l16th gl1A-7XBXKOCB9oqKPPtNUYhIELYgsZAw69Gk9L3UyboUTfxZEorK_L 2dMnk/iBv31E1JQ3QzV.gif?psid=1[/SPOILER-BOX]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y2p3R5QcyqPeM5FKMnJZ1j3hL63E_z2XoGt_ZoSXVBF4cicWkj eJvji_lez657C_HpQUFMtsaWNydvKkQoxaINwPjuLDd81jnLn3 6GaoWgpNBc/i0YGCImZ6evuY.gif?psid=1https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2pwkhz1NVXFfY3POVot_QpVNBa76vLAQactsOwyC9k7BYQ5wN JXzrlEUbchkbC17k_smfsEaCUu0creLFKAib1UfQTi9SqIiGZO S6cv6egpSY/ixSxId4yKIwxG.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2p8l1RdPhB6ic-fPIyGf1cwmJ57AqKlo4_ckyMGcFdF3wrnW0hMvfJf1KmERxlVX wT3UFMxVic8LdENfbG-lPAw_4bc1cbrwmmX8znIBYpXZk/m8rcotpyyo1rnyu1xo1_400.gif?psid=1https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2p_YiURWXGvBeYKMR_okffY4F38qJ2b8H7BNlt--jlUdtoYJEKY5NvhdnAeI6BpHrEeLGtqd0HFduFLpRNleTqIyPV sotNgLFby_xfC-SqQko/a1fb09895964bd095c006d378d4d4d2e.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y2pfbhl5IvyPYBs4Y6Z81A5anp2aF0sCvWnIWZ9eN0WYMrygtg KRnCYHaO2ZI7I64Wf39pKJMzv2rb9QgdUt8FeafsKhihG3YFBd B7iojrInpk/iyodnI4I7AIET.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2304.livefilestore.com/y2p3GnF00WYrYK7yDBToIcrLrKcwtYYj4S_tGnwvvXZAf2QbYw orA4VV6q-5GdWbZPz_xb_9os70I30Ab_BGrmlJCS8eqilKvVc21CJieg9d1 I/1339171134372_zps19d615fa.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2pZT-BtuDr8wPiEQgFg1TTcjtluIINGakXpnq7OzW7e6hE8zCSo7QrR vtEvCswgd0PXawbNkLUCqQmTzVAIWr3cS1O5uJuIBt8j-baYG67Ed4/Hajime_no_Ippo_Takamura_Gif_by_PrOTuL.gif?psid=1ht tps://evagcq.dm2304.livefilestore.com/y2pxJn7rSNKHhCN0o36TM0S33SI9zobRleWlmWphYnyO-I3tDq79n94yWiSkqqXyF2CXguk_zAwqulAQ6FURekZQKUmBDSU GSFEduopnMdQuIg/aCrov5G.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2pJrTADXbcTgfbhpkNC3tdw-eRuyDP6Yij75AtwC4pC31_c1UHJXgCdXwQ12GeFKMpfl4VyG6J 3AmPLuf8XTzFz8BNnk5nZfreYFX7tx5vPfI/iDG1jg31EzNGF.gif?psid=1https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2pR86fcvzcmoE1rAI4fwiT9Ro-yz2PL6wP3dtMS1Gyvr0-QpUIPqlUDOJQLYVR1kRFIeo1k-PgNgrYg5JnUIiBU71sYhNrePdfnHhaNNdC3T8/miiduwTU7b1rikjd2o1_500.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[SPOILER]I guess it ended up being massive anyway. Oh, well.

That's not to suggest that a hypothetical PSO anime could match up to any of these... that is, unless they went the high-budget short OVA route.

In actuality it would probably end up being a 1-cour spin-off with shitty animation, shit writing, and no redeeming qualities whatsoever. But saying you straight-up "don't like anime" is still one of the dumbest things I've ever read on the Internet.

BIG OLAF
Apr 19, 2014, 01:24 PM
But saying you straight-up "don't like anime" is still one of the dumbest things I've ever read on the Internet.

Cool, I guess. Not going to magically make me change my mind, however.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 19, 2014, 01:43 PM
Saying you don't like anime isn't really stupid, it just means that he doesn't derive entertainment from that form of media for one reason or another.

As for my opinion on the subject, I'd watch it as long as it does what blade & soul did and does not acknowledge that they are in a mmo, because i'm still recovering from the train wreck that was (and no offense to those who liked it) sword art online.

Mysterious-G
Apr 19, 2014, 01:50 PM
What's the big deal with Olaf not liking anime? I know many people dismiss it by mistakingly attributing it with the qualities of a genre even though it is a medium, but he doesn't seem to do that. And if he straight-out doesn't like the medium, then what's the big deal? There are plenty people out there that don't like to read books or comics, or watch TV shows of any sort whatsoever. Heck, you will even find people that don't like music as a whole. If you find yourself disliking any form of medium yourself, you should realize that what he said is really not stupid at all.

Friyn
Apr 19, 2014, 01:52 PM

I'm sorry about this, but it's kind of bothering me. So, you don't like anime, right? In that case, care to explain why do you comission erotic anime style art based on your character?
How did I come across such finds? Just point your browser to DeviantArt and search for "Phantasy Star Online 2" by popularity. Voilá.

holmwood
Apr 19, 2014, 01:52 PM
When has a game > anime ever been successful. :-?

I know of Blade and Soul, FF-series, and Maplestory. They're all pretty terrible.

BIG OLAF
Apr 19, 2014, 01:57 PM
I'm sorry about this, but it's kind of bothering me. So, you don't like anime, right? In that case, care to explain why do you comission erotic anime style art based on your character?

So you're saying that single-image art pieces = full-on TV shows with plots, character development, etc.

Are you an idiot, or like, what?

Friyn
Apr 19, 2014, 02:05 PM
So you're saying that single-image art pieces = full-on TV shows with plots, character development, etc.

Are you an idiot, or like, what?

Looks like I struck a nerve.
topkek

BIG OLAF
Apr 19, 2014, 02:06 PM
I do enjoy it when twits pat themselves on the back.

Anyway, no, I just legitimately think you're an idiot.

Friyn
Apr 19, 2014, 02:10 PM
t
o
p
k
e
k

Zyrusticae
Apr 19, 2014, 02:16 PM

Saying you don't like anime isn't really stupid, it just means that he doesn't derive entertainment from that form of media for one reason or another.online.

What's the big deal with Olaf not liking anime? I know many people dismiss it by mistakingly attributing it with the qualities of a genre even though it is a medium, but he doesn't seem to do that. And if he straight-out doesn't like the medium, then what's the big deal? There are plenty people out there that don't like to read books or comics, or watch TV shows of any sort whatsoever. Heck, you will even find people that don't like music as a whole. If you find yourself disliking any form of medium yourself, you should realize that what he said is really not stupid at all.
Yeah, no, it's still really fucking stupid. Imagine if I said "I don't like live action TV", just think about how wide-reaching and incredibly ignorant that sounds. There is a ridiculously huge range of TV shows spanning many genres - it is simply not possible that you cannot find at least something you like in that entire medium. Quite frankly I don't care if you think you're justified in your bias, writing off an entire medium, regardless of your so-called "justification", is incredibly stupid and meaningless.

I mean, okay, if you said something like "I don't like harem series", "I don't like beta male MCs", "I don't like Japanese humor", or anything more concrete and cogent than "I don't like anime" I would actually understand it because it is at least a criticism that makes goddamn sense. Saying "I don't like anime" only tells me that you are small-minded, ignorant, and possibly prejudiced. I have yet to meet a single individual who's told me "I don't like anime" who doesn't meet at least one of these criteria.

Even saying something like "I don't like Western comic books" would be FUCKING IDIOTIC considering the medium consists of far, far more than the stereotypical superhero genre that it's most famous for. Saying "I don't like the art style" would at least make some semblance of sense but even then not really because there are so many different styles within the medium itself. Does that make sense? It should.

Kind of reminds me of the late Ebert when he said that video games cannot be art, and the massive backlash that ensued. It's simply a fact that Ebert was largely ignorant of the medium that he was criticizing, and when you're ignorant of what you're criticizing it's no goddamn wonder you get people angry when they read your bullshit.

"I don't like anime"
"I don't like TV"
"I don't like movies"
"I don't like books"
"I don't like video games"

I don't goddamn care what excuses you come up with, anyone who says any one of these lines automatically signposts "I am a moron" upon their person and the only way they can remove it is by taking back their goddamn words and realizing and admitting how incredibly stupid they sound.

Now here's an alternative that you can say that won't push my rage buttons: "I don't watch TV." "I don't watch anime." "I don't watch movies." "I don't read comic books." "I don't play video games." Look at that! They're not loaded statements that immediately put your tastes and knowledge to question, and allow you to simply admit that you are ignorant of the thing that you are definitely ignorant about! How about that?!

NOW GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR.

https://evagcq.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pjHKyk-tbKUA3YzB9zZqBq_qCU0vOltz_w4u7HVm6_bA6ixyp1dqiLitT U9Bm690J_pxbl37SG1Zieyge2BBmWeZTh_eG2pBGFa_gWSFIOC k/7364fe733a309d93ab5c66b0feb20b75.gif?psid=1

Skyly HUmar
Apr 19, 2014, 02:33 PM
Yeah, no, it's still really fucking stupid. Imagine if I said "I don't like live action TV", just think about how wide-reaching and incredibly ignorant that sounds. There is a ridiculously huge range of TV shows spanning many genres - it is simply not possible that you cannot find at least something you like in that entire medium. Quite frankly I don't care if you think you're justified in your bias, writing off an entire medium, regardless of your so-called "justification", is incredibly stupid and meaningless.

I mean, okay, if you said something like "I don't like harem series", "I don't like beta male MCs", "I don't like Japanese humor", or anything more concrete and cogent than "I don't like anime" I would actually understand it because it is at least a criticism that makes goddamn sense. Saying "I don't like anime" only tells me that you are small-minded, ignorant, and possibly prejudiced. I have yet to meet a single individual who's told me "I don't like anime" who doesn't meet at least one of these criteria.

Even saying something like "I don't like Western comic books" would be FUCKING IDIOTIC considering the medium consists of far, far more than the stereotypical superhero genre that it's most famous for. Saying "I don't like the art style" would at least make some semblance of sense but even then not really because there are so many different styles within the medium itself. Does that make sense? It should.

Kind of reminds me of the late Ebert when he said that video games cannot be art, and the massive backlash that ensued. It's simply a fact that Ebert was largely ignorant of the medium that he was criticizing, and when you're ignorant of what you're criticizing it's no goddamn wonder you get people angry when they read your bullshit.

"I don't like anime"
"I don't like TV"
"I don't like movies"
"I don't like books"

I don't goddamn care what excuses you come up with, anyone who says any one of these lines automatically signposts "I am a moron" upon their person and the only way they can remove it is by taking back their goddamn words and realizing and admitting how incredibly stupid they sound.

Now here's an alternative that you can say that won't push my rage buttons: "I don't watch TV." "I don't watch anime." "I don't watch movies." "I don't read comic books." "I don't play video games." Look at that! They're not loaded statements that immediately put your tastes and knowledge to question, and allow you to simply admit that you are ignorant of the thing that you are definitely ignorant about! How about that?!

https://evagcq.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pjHKyk-tbKUA3YzB9zZqBq_qCU0vOltz_w4u7HVm6_bA6ixyp1dqiLitT U9Bm690J_pxbl37SG1Zieyge2BBmWeZTh_eG2pBGFa_gWSFIOC k/7364fe733a309d93ab5c66b0feb20b75.gif?psid=1

This is one hell of a long quote.

But I actually know someone that does not enjoy live action television because he just gets bored of live action actors, and hes one hell of an anime freak. You have to understand that people have the ability to not like something, claiming that everyone should like it because you adore it is an even greater ignorance.

Anyway, lets drop the keyboard war and let Olaf have his opinion (lolz opinions on the internet). I just don't think the anime would work out too well if it was about people playing pso2.

gigawuts
Apr 19, 2014, 02:37 PM

"I don't like anime"
"I don't like TV"
"I don't like movies"
"I don't like books"

Here we go again, Zyru has an inability to grasp another difference of opinion and goes nuclear, but will later go on about how openminded he is.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 19, 2014, 02:40 PM
gosh

i hate video games

Shadowth117
Apr 19, 2014, 02:48 PM
Here we go again, Zyru has an inability to grasp another difference of opinion and goes nuclear, but will later go on about how openminded he is.

While I do think he actually has a decent point, he is letting that bother him more than he should.

Blanket statements of dislike often come across as very dumb because the implication that someone might dislike absolutely every possible thing under a particular large category is kind of ridiculous to start. But its something people do all of the time so its not something I think needs to have a fuss made over it.

Zyrusticae
Apr 19, 2014, 02:53 PM
This is one hell of a long quote.

But I actually know someone that does not enjoy live action television because he just gets bored of live action actors, and hes one hell of an anime freak. You have to understand that people have the ability to not like something, claiming that everyone should like it because you adore it is an even greater ignorance.

Anyway, lets drop the keyboard war and let Olaf have his opinion (lolz opinions on the internet). I just don't think the anime would work out too well if it was about people playing pso2.

I don't abide ignorance.

In fact I am on a crusade against ignorance. Fuck ignorance. Ignorance needs to die. It needs to be buried underneath several hundred thousand tons of rock and gravel and tossed into a black hole where it can never bother anyone ever again.

Opinions are only good if they are backed up with something other than hot fucking air.

gigawuts
Apr 19, 2014, 02:55 PM
I don't abide ignorance.

In fact I am on a crusade against ignorance. Fuck ignorance. Ignorance needs to die. It needs to be buried underneath several hundred thousand tons of rock and gravel and tossed into a black hole where it can never bother anyone ever again.

Opinions are only good if they are backed up with something other than hot fucking air.

Then stop blowing it and bring some evidence.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 19, 2014, 02:57 PM
Well have fun, im going to opt out and watch the sparks fly, I only wish this was animated so i could enjoy it more.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 19, 2014, 02:59 PM
someone had to replace Inazuma

GoldenFalcon
Apr 19, 2014, 03:04 PM
The logical fallacies

ow

Kikikiki
Apr 19, 2014, 03:22 PM
I'm surprised Takatsuki isn't here yet.

Zorafim
Apr 19, 2014, 04:04 PM
In that case, care to explain why do you comission erotic anime style art based on your character?
How did I come across such finds? Just point your browser to DeviantArt and search for "Phantasy Star Online 2" by popularity. Voilá.

He's not exactly trying to hide it.

i dislike pso-w yet i still post here and read the threads. same goes for /vg/ and gamefaq. each place has there own flaws.

It's kind of refreshing seeing posts like these in a world where people disregard things completely because of some unrooted bias. Yes, PSOW becomes deeply flawed as a game ages and has less interesting content. But if you know where to look, it becomes a place to share your love of a game you're so engrossed in. It seems like everyone who says that PSOW sucks has nothing to back their opinion, and doesn't even know about the fanworks or FKL forums.

PSOW is a great forum. So many smart people! a lot of correct information posted daily!

This, honestly, made me feel warm inside.

musicmf
Apr 19, 2014, 04:35 PM

...*Quote cut for space*

While I agree with the fact that many people who just claim that they "Dislike X" on a very broad subject, with no real reason for the dislike, is pretty ignorant (and I won't go much further than that on the subject); I don't think the rest of the argument is very sound, nor is it really the right choice to counter the "I dislike anime" post.

I believe (one of) the correct thing(s) to question is;
"Why are you commenting on a PSO2 Anime thread, if you don't like anime? The intended question was obviously not aimed at you, so I don't see why stating your opinion that you dislike anime as necessary for progression of the thread."

Similarly, it would be as useless to post in the Question & Answers thread "I hate it when people ask questions, figure out how to play the game yourself" or in the Tweaker thread "I hate it when people modify their game, use the vanilla version of the game."

It's great to have your own opinion.
However I believe the intent of threads are not for people to just express their hate about X topic, just like the statement of "I dislike anime" being irrelevant to any discussion in this thread.

Although, I shouldn't be surprised because of often threads here go from a single question to a full-blown, unrelated argument about something. (Usually about culture difference, or little girls *shrug*)

btw-Niji
Apr 19, 2014, 04:38 PM
I could make a massive post disparaging you for this post, but I'm just going to settle with this.
https://evagcq.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pbKsy78Jmf8L9L57ERDBCA9Npbh5V8ZZnQdm7CAARp7UlgYC 5Ysfll7-ah3C0KQ8XB5pW3hJzN7JNaUppWluz3_eJeTiC3LsAtb741TniX N8/1390768058379.gif?psid=1
https://evagcq.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pZ6DwAvO6RL7iovQ7e1MvW3EtX99dGgzSlJQWHxgrRP1Khhx mJkgBWmGu5lGNaIDBW4UPIjdMeNKLFnGd_23vtiqF6ZFr4Ncdr WAAwUzs0f0/n3ycanw3Cd1shp0t4o2_500.gif?psid=1https://evagcq.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pnaufYcpkr6JvCzb97v_fMytP4CVVHtQZZZ4hCP-Z0zuxFHHWIbtgAVSLrRhH7xgJ5rQPHwH5jANM2ufIzmYLN8nG2 TzTntuensZdU-cfk0s/n3ycanw3Cd1shp0t4o3_500.gif?psid=1[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://evagcq.blu.livefilestore.com/y2pAoWz0xaniN-Jyqw8-dskMEDzxml8QujpRu_3IZoARpq6Ot0IzilEABGRX21Q24uAt7w aAq82iqDUBXRD72YoE_lh9Os9x5RrZZxmn6GcxAQ/ibc2T2UdTE6HY9.gif?psid=1https://evagcq.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pbf_awEBMmSNU866Arau4hfxi5I3dmQcOwk4pFUv1P4l16th gl1A-7XBXKOCB9oqKPPtNUYhIELYgsZAw69Gk9L3UyboUTfxZEorK_L 2dMnk/iBv31E1JQ3QzV.gif?psid=1[/SPOILER-BOX]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y2p3R5QcyqPeM5FKMnJZ1j3hL63E_z2XoGt_ZoSXVBF4cicWkj eJvji_lez657C_HpQUFMtsaWNydvKkQoxaINwPjuLDd81jnLn3 6GaoWgpNBc/i0YGCImZ6evuY.gif?psid=1https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2pwkhz1NVXFfY3POVot_QpVNBa76vLAQactsOwyC9k7BYQ5wN JXzrlEUbchkbC17k_smfsEaCUu0creLFKAib1UfQTi9SqIiGZO S6cv6egpSY/ixSxId4yKIwxG.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2p8l1RdPhB6ic-fPIyGf1cwmJ57AqKlo4_ckyMGcFdF3wrnW0hMvfJf1KmERxlVX wT3UFMxVic8LdENfbG-lPAw_4bc1cbrwmmX8znIBYpXZk/m8rcotpyyo1rnyu1xo1_400.gif?psid=1https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2p_YiURWXGvBeYKMR_okffY4F38qJ2b8H7BNlt--jlUdtoYJEKY5NvhdnAeI6BpHrEeLGtqd0HFduFLpRNleTqIyPV sotNgLFby_xfC-SqQko/a1fb09895964bd095c006d378d4d4d2e.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y2pfbhl5IvyPYBs4Y6Z81A5anp2aF0sCvWnIWZ9eN0WYMrygtg KRnCYHaO2ZI7I64Wf39pKJMzv2rb9QgdUt8FeafsKhihG3YFBd B7iojrInpk/iyodnI4I7AIET.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2304.livefilestore.com/y2p3GnF00WYrYK7yDBToIcrLrKcwtYYj4S_tGnwvvXZAf2QbYw orA4VV6q-5GdWbZPz_xb_9os70I30Ab_BGrmlJCS8eqilKvVc21CJieg9d1 I/1339171134372_zps19d615fa.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2pZT-BtuDr8wPiEQgFg1TTcjtluIINGakXpnq7OzW7e6hE8zCSo7QrR vtEvCswgd0PXawbNkLUCqQmTzVAIWr3cS1O5uJuIBt8j-baYG67Ed4/Hajime_no_Ippo_Takamura_Gif_by_PrOTuL.gif?psid=1ht tps://evagcq.dm2304.livefilestore.com/y2pxJn7rSNKHhCN0o36TM0S33SI9zobRleWlmWphYnyO-I3tDq79n94yWiSkqqXyF2CXguk_zAwqulAQ6FURekZQKUmBDSU GSFEduopnMdQuIg/aCrov5G.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2pJrTADXbcTgfbhpkNC3tdw-eRuyDP6Yij75AtwC4pC31_c1UHJXgCdXwQ12GeFKMpfl4VyG6J 3AmPLuf8XTzFz8BNnk5nZfreYFX7tx5vPfI/iDG1jg31EzNGF.gif?psid=1https://evagcq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2pR86fcvzcmoE1rAI4fwiT9Ro-yz2PL6wP3dtMS1Gyvr0-QpUIPqlUDOJQLYVR1kRFIeo1k-PgNgrYg5JnUIiBU71sYhNrePdfnHhaNNdC3T8/miiduwTU7b1rikjd2o1_500.gif?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
[SPOILER]I guess it ended up being massive anyway. Oh, well.

That's not to suggest that a hypothetical PSO anime could match up to any of these... that is, unless they went the high-budget short OVA route.

In actuality it would probably end up being a 1-cour spin-off with shitty animation, shit writing, and no redeeming qualities whatsoever. But saying you straight-up "don't like anime" is still one of the dumbest things I've ever read on the Internet.
go away

gigawuts
Apr 19, 2014, 04:42 PM
I believe (one of) the correct thing(s) to question is;
"Why are you commenting on a PSO2 Anime thread, if you don't like anime? The intended question was obviously not aimed at you, so I don't see why stating your opinion that you dislike anime as necessary for progression of the thread."

The thread asks if people would watch it.

Somebody said they wouldn't like it.

Seems reasonable to me, and your other examples aren't at all the same.

Mysterious-G
Apr 19, 2014, 05:09 PM
Hey Zys! Zys!
Isn't saying you don't like ignorance a little... ignorant?
[spoiler-box]https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1387/68/1387684907409.jpg[/spoiler-box]

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 19, 2014, 10:40 PM
I'd be happy to see an anime for the show. I think the manga style End of the Millenium and C.A.R.D Revolution used lends well that the story can be told like that.

Just a thought here though, there are many ways to tell a story in a show. Why does it have to be an animation? We technically have most of the tools to make our own machinima at this point (although we still need a way to hide damage numbers. Perhaps that can be done by editing out the number graphics?) thanks to the work Aida did in hiding the interface in the tweaker.

To the point of the matter board, I think it can work if thought of as a mcguffin check list to change the future from a failed present/past, rather than taking a different path in a stage. We technically wouldn't even need to meet shion until she sends whoever is the main protagonist(s) back in time.)

MoronSonOfBoron
Apr 20, 2014, 03:22 AM
I HAVE watched a PSO2 animation, although I don't think I can link to it here... :-D

Jazneo
May 27, 2014, 08:13 AM
Would you watch Phantasy Star anime? if sega work with anime company?

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 08:17 AM
We already have a thread on this.

Sayara
May 27, 2014, 08:34 AM
Direct it by SHAFT.
Get results

Chdata
May 27, 2014, 08:41 AM
All of their fugly "stock" 3D outfits definitely look better in anime form.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 27, 2014, 08:42 AM
We already have a thread on this.

Was about to say that.

Vintasticvin
May 27, 2014, 09:19 AM
Meh whatever you two as for Op YES I would watch but if the english dub is horrid to my ears ima switch to subs.

GHNeko
May 27, 2014, 03:34 PM
Why watch a PS Anime when we're playing one right now huehue

BIG OLAF
May 27, 2014, 05:07 PM
Anime? Sure wouldn't; I'm not 15 years old.

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 06:09 PM

this doesnt mean anything, 15 yrs old or not i would watch it only if it went along with the story we have right now. maybe with Zeno as the main character getting his echo harem.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 27, 2014, 06:20 PM

That's pretty narrow-minded.

Not all anime is shounen.

PSO2 as an anime could end up as seinen with more serious themes pretty easily from what we're seeing in the story for all we know.

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 06:23 PM

PSO2 as an anime could end up as seinen with more serious themes pretty easily from what we're seeing in the story for all we know.

the problem is blood is never shed in pso2, i've never seen it happen in fact, and i can't imagine how that would work out in the anime. All those wedding dresses would be dirtied with blood, thats no good ^^;

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 27, 2014, 06:36 PM
the problem is blood is never shed in pso2, i've never seen it happen in fact, and i can't imagine how that would work out in the anime. All those wedding dresses would be dirtied with blood, thats no good ^^;

Well people clearly die when they are killed though.

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 06:38 PM
Well people clearly die when they are killed though.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/001/593/peopledie.jpg

sorry, i just had to

RollTheDice
May 27, 2014, 06:38 PM
No, fuck anime altogether.

Cyron Tanryoku
May 27, 2014, 06:40 PM
PSO2 doesn't even have enough story for 3 episodes yet

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 27, 2014, 06:40 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/001/593/peopledie.jpg

sorry, i just had to

At least you knew what I was going for.

Damn. The stigma against anime is strong. I'm getting the impression it's from people who only seen products of shonen jump with little exposure to anything else.

lostinseganet
May 27, 2014, 06:51 PM
Professional machinima

Cyron Tanryoku
May 27, 2014, 06:54 PM
Damn. The stigma against anime is strong.
its kinda weird too
because this game is hella anime

silo1991
May 27, 2014, 06:59 PM
if is an anime of the original phantasy stars ( 1 to 4 ) yes i would watch them especially the 1 with alice as the main character :3

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 07:05 PM

watch/read (manga) Berserk before you say anything.

Sp-24
May 27, 2014, 07:07 PM

Did you really just suggest that an anime based on a lazy free to play cash-in could end up as anything short of the biggest pile of fanservice shit imaginable?

I mean, at the very best, the characters wouldn't turn into even more cringeworthy anime stereotypes with zero personality, but even that's doubtful, knowing what sells in Japan.

"Easily". PSO2 could also be a fun and balanced game with a good story "easily", too, but guess it's a bit too much to ask for!

RollTheDice
May 27, 2014, 07:09 PM
watch/read (manga) Berserk before you say anything.

I will never watch any of that stuff.

RollTheDice
May 27, 2014, 07:10 PM
its kinda weird too
because this game is hella anime

It may be but I sure as hell don't get all into it like most people do.

Taskus
May 27, 2014, 07:55 PM
It may be but I sure as hell don't get all into it like most people do.

Most people don't get super obsessed with it. Some do, yeah, but that's a small portion of the whole.

Dark Matter
May 27, 2014, 08:47 PM
Id only watch it under 5 conditions.

1) It takes 3-5 years after where we are now so there characters are more mature and many of the problems are solved.

2) At the end of each episode dudus in the credits killing someones weapon.

3) The anime in itself is gory as fudge instead of monsters evaporating.

4) Gotta be drawn by either the people who made by the same people who made the Tokyo ravens or the people who made kyousougiga.

THE REAL CHALLENGE

Its not worth opening
[SPOILER]5)The plot is around Afin still trying to save his sister.
(you the partner are never seen cause you have better stuff to
do then chasing someones sister around the universe)
He's grown up and changed to gunner he's still lazy but not whiny.
his clothes have changed to something more casual.
It will be 12 episodes most of the episodes will stand around Afin fighting,
forcing apprentice to remember, Afin helping the other characters lasting
5-10 mins and occasional apprentice nudity because ratings....
in the end Afin dies (no rezs or moons campships in the anime lol)
in apprentices arms as she finally remembers then she cries
possible bonus episode 13 hinting season 2 (if they even make it that far)where
Theodore is the lead protagonist trying to get revenge on luther
course where he's more causally dressed too with ulc by his side with his new
te/hu powers he ops the crap outta all of his enemies so fights are 3 mins max
and Lisa is crammed everywhere the op, season 2 ED, a Rambo scene where she
mows down all of Naberius and lilipa . occasional chat,
with season one Afin and season 2 Theodore.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Genre: comedy/tragedy/action/adventure/ecchi

HAVE I APPEASED YOUR SICK TASTES YET!?

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 27, 2014, 09:01 PM
Did you really just suggest that an anime based on a lazy free to play cash-in could end up as anything short of the biggest pile of fanservice shit imaginable?

What I suggested is that not all anime falls under shounen jump teir by default making it only enjoyable to 15 year-olds.

That and we can't judge want doesn't even exist yet.

gaijin_punch
May 27, 2014, 09:02 PM
Read the manga in SPEC (https://www.gamengai.com/bn_ix.php?type=book&l=e&s=40). In True Phantasy Star form, they are rare items!

BIG OLAF
May 27, 2014, 09:04 PM
I mean, I've read the PSO and PSU h-manga scans online and everything, but like...

Omega-z
May 27, 2014, 09:17 PM
Putting up the other thread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218674 .

MoronSonOfBoron said "I HAVE watched a PSO2 animation, although I don't think I can link to it here..." in the last post in that thread. Which now has me curious about it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 27, 2014, 09:29 PM
I will never watch any of that stuff.

Well then you're close minded and have nothing to contribute at all ever to a discussion like this.

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 09:29 PM
I mean, I've read the PSO and PSU h-manga scans online and everything, but like...

omg i was so mindblown to see that PSO2 has H-CG art and doujinshi for that matter, but most of it is goddamn insane Lisa going ahegao. =.=" not attractive.
isn't there also fan-made non-h doujinshi of the PSO series anyways?

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 09:44 PM
I'd watch like a third of the way through the first episode and then drop it. I can't imagine a very good anime coming out of it considering how slow the story is going anyway.

omg i was so mindblown to see that PSO2 has H-CG art and doujinshi for that matter, but most of it is goddamn insane Lisa going ahegao. =.=" not attractive.
At the risk of oversimplifying it, all doujinshi are fan made. It's used the same way indie is in english.

Ergo, I dunno why you were surprised about rule 34.

Sayara
May 27, 2014, 09:47 PM
Dont venture out to pixiv often i take it :|

The Matterboard shit if you remove the Avatar could make for episodes. Somewhat i guess.
If SHaft did it it'd be a golden fanservice slice of life.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkhduinyr21qgbwmzo1_500.jpg

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 09:52 PM
The Matterboard shit if you remove the Avatar could make for episodes. Somewhat i guess.The player character is like... the crux of the whole thing though. D:

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 09:52 PM
I'd watch like a third of the way through the first episode and then drop it. I can't imagine a very good anime coming out of it considering how slow the story is going anyway.

At the risk of oversimplifying it, all doujinshi are fan made. It's used the same way indie is in english.

Ergo, I dunno why you were surprised about rule 34.

LOL pixiv? i dont go that far for my daily routine ;)
i thought Pso2 wasn't popular enough to have its own rule 34,
and even certain things that are popular never end up having its own doujinshis, one example is kimi no iru machi.

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 10:00 PM
i thought Pso2 wasn't popular enough to have its own rule 34, http://i.imgur.com/IRl6s30.gif

BIG OLAF
May 27, 2014, 10:02 PM
MoronSonOfBoron said "I HAVE watched a PSO2 animation, although I don't think I can link to it here..." in the last post in that thread. Which now has me curious about it.

Ahuehuehue.

Yeah, like 90% of the PSO2 H-CG and stuff is Lisa (who isn't good-looking), Patty & Tea (uh how 'bout no), and Afin being ************** by a Gwanahda.

No thanks, I'll pass on all that.

i thought Pso2 wasn't popular enough to have its own rule 34

The closest I've ever come to actually ROFLing. Thank you.

Go read the definition of Rule 34.

Sayara
May 27, 2014, 10:03 PM
The player character is like... the crux of the whole thing though. D:

I know but it could be tweaked so slightly to just have em not exist. or something

or FUCK ME SIDEWAYS just make a random hero be the hero. They gotta be either main protag male or busty ass female tho cuz reasons. Also, 13 tilts per episode.

also
Let Gekidan Inu Curry play with the darkers.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/829e8676af0d67aedf8e38e431bd465b/tumblr_mfwnptxYfv1qeftwfo1_500.gif

A man can dream i suppose.

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 10:05 PM
Ahuehuehue.
and Afin being ************** by a Gwanahda.

wat the fuck....
yaoi tentacles.... i dont even think the few females who play this game are into that.

and shaft creating the anime?
in other words you want pso2 the animation to be about nothing.
great. i'll pass on that.

Gardios
May 27, 2014, 10:06 PM
There's plenty of stuff featuring the other characters girls and OCs, actually.

gigawuts
May 27, 2014, 10:07 PM
wat the fuck....
yaoi tentacles.... i dont even think the few females who play this game are into that.

and shaft creating the anime?
in other words you want pso2 the animation to be about nothing.
great. i'll pass on that.

Lisa giving Afin a box-shaped footjob and then anally molesting him with her penis.

I bet you think I'm making shit up, too.

Chdata
May 27, 2014, 10:09 PM
No that sounds pretty normal.

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 10:11 PM
I know but it could be tweaked so slightly to just have em not exist. or something

or FUCK ME SIDEWAYS just make a random hero be the hero. They gotta be either main protag male or busty ass female tho cuz reasons. Also, 13 tilts per episode.

also
Let Gekidan Inu Curry play with the darkers.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/829e8676af0d67aedf8e38e431bd465b/tumblr_mfwnptxYfv1qeftwfo1_500.gif

A man can dream i suppose.I was thinking of something involving those stock characters and having all of them replace the main character. I don't think there has to be ONE.

Or they could go all Arad Senki and have it have next to nothing to do with the game's overall plot. THAT I would watch.

wat the fuck....
yaoi tentacles.... i dont even think the few females who play this game are into that.In time you'll learn...

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 10:19 PM
Lisa giving Afin a box-shaped footjob and then anally molesting him with her penis.

I bet you think I'm making shit up, too.

no im not surprised, but tentacles and yaoi don't go well together. females are repelled by such male fetishes.

futanari is typical, mainly for those who are interested in being "dominated" by the "female" gendre. if you know what im saying.

you see, my tastes are pretty messed up (NTR), but im not that messed up to be turned on by a guy getting done by some tentacles, thats just wrong.

gigawuts
May 27, 2014, 10:21 PM
my tastes are pretty messed up (NTR)

That's not messed up; that's Thursday.

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 10:25 PM
That's not messed up; that's Thursday.

Don't you feel guilt after you finish off to these things?
Anything that makes you feel guilty afterwards to me has reached the boundary of messed up ness...

Anyways, let's turn this topic around before they hafto scrap this thread again.

Just to reiterate, let's not have shaft/kyoani make a pso2 slice of life where all you see is patty and tea eating cake and drinking tea while acting moe and that's it.

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 10:27 PM
no im not surprised, but tentacles and yaoi don't go well together. females are repelled by such male fetishes.

futanari is typical, mainly for those who are interested in being "dominated" by the "female" gendre. if you know what im saying.I don't think you understand how this works.

you see, my tastes are pretty messed up (NTR), but im not that messed up to be turned on by a guy getting done by some tentacles, thats just wrong.http://i.imgur.com/taUKhpg.gif
Now now, lets not turn this into a "who's got the strangest fetishes" competition. Pretty sure Giga would win.

also aren't you like 16?

Sp-24
May 27, 2014, 10:27 PM
Not sure if I even want to know what does that stand for...

But, guess now we know what kind of anime Sega should make for PSO2! Few things start a healthy discussion here as well as drawn porn.

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 10:30 PM
Not sure if I even want to know what does that stand for...

But, guess now we know what kind of anime Sega should make for PSO2! Few things start a healthy discussion here as well as drawn porn.Honestly, I'd get more entertainment from a decent quality PSO2 hentai anime than a normal one.

Also NTR (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=NTR) (that's an urban dictionary link) really isn't that bad in this context considering we're talking about tentacle Yaoi.

GHNeko
May 27, 2014, 10:33 PM
This thread is amazingly finding new depths poor quality of which to descend into.

gigawuts
May 27, 2014, 10:34 PM
Don't you feel guilt after you finish off to these things?
Anything that makes you feel guilty afterwards to me has reached the boundary of messed up ness...

Guilt? Gosh, heavens no.

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 10:35 PM
This thread is amazingly finding new depths poor quality of which to descend into.I'd much rather us have a jovial conversation about porn than arguing about the legitimacy of anime in general as an entertainment form for adults.

BIG OLAF
May 27, 2014, 10:36 PM
This thread is amazingly finding new depths poor quality of which to descend into.

Bub, this is hardly 'poor quality.'

If you'd like, I could drop the floor out from under the thread right now. Hell, a few people could.

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 10:36 PM
Guilt? Gosh, heavens no.

High tolerance?
I can't help but to feel bad for the main character... In fact NTR in a way is more paychologically taxing to read then tentacle gore...

Sp-24
May 27, 2014, 10:39 PM
Speaking of things that are psychologically taxing to read...
Guess threads like this are my fetish. :<

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 10:39 PM
I've had guilt before but only because It was something I normally dislike.

I harbor no hard feelings about wholesome tentacle love for instance.

Guess threads like this are my fetish. :<You too?
http://i.imgur.com/FKRlaOh.gif

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 10:41 PM
Guess threads like this are my fetish. :<

Hey, there is always my sig you can finish off to ;) I wish I could put something more revealing ther, but ye know.

gigawuts
May 27, 2014, 10:42 PM
High tolerance?
I can't help but to feel bad for the main character... In fact NTR in a way is more paychologically taxing to read then tentacle gore...

Not a high tolerance so much as enough confidence in myself as a human being to not judge myself by standards set by people who spend all their time thinking about what other people do with their genitals.

I already dismiss judgments other people pass on me simply because of my skin color, or where I'm from, or the language I speak, or my gender, or so on and so forth - what's a few more to ignore? I'm comfortable with myself and what I like, that's what matters.

Literally anything you can do is going to be bad according to someone else. I'm sure you can find someone out there who says breathing is a sin. Don't let other people suck the joy out of your life unless that's what you're into i found some good stuff on this a couple months ago

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 10:45 PM
Not a high tolerance so much as enough confidence in myself as a human being to not judge myself by standards set by people who spend all their time thinking about what other people do with their genitals.

I already dismiss judgments other people pass on me simply because of my skin color, or where I'm from, or the language I speak, or my gender, or so on and so forth - what's a few more to ignore?

Literally anything you can do is going to be bad according to someone else. I'm sure you can find someone out there who says breathing is a sin. Don't let other people suck the joy out of your life unless that's what you're into i found some good stuff on this a couple months ago

:') giga, when did you become so inspiring?

a man's gotta do what he's gotta do, doesn't matter matter which way he does it.

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 10:49 PM
I don't even know what's going on in this thread anymore. I just know it's glorious.

Drifting Fable
May 27, 2014, 10:49 PM
I'd might bite if the anime in question gets its own self contained tale and cast of characters like that of PS Nova trying to do. Bringing about its own mysteries to solve and adding more content to the universe overall. I'm otherwise not convinced a PSO2 anime in question would be anything but light-hearted shonen with heavy fanservice given Sega's mentality in handling the game side of things.

Alas I'm still on matterboard 1 and am only going by that various plot spoilers that have been passed on to me. But the tale so far seems very shallow to me for a straight anime adaption.

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 10:52 PM
Alas I'm still on matterboard 1 and am only going by that various plot spoilers that have been passed on to me. But the tale so far seems very shallow to me for a straight anime adaption.It gets better around episode 2, but it's still not anything super amazing.

gigawuts
May 27, 2014, 10:57 PM
The only story quest I've had fun in was the city one with the jump pads, because the jump pads were mildly entertaining, and the latest one. The latest one is seriously like 5 episode 1 story quests combined.

They need to go back and rework the old story quests into around 3 condensed quests with a similar format to the latest one.

It would require some retconning and tweaking to keep them decently engaging, and that's fine.

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 11:00 PM
I think they need to scale higher too. There's no reason for them to stay low leveled.

I was talking about the story it's self getting better though, not the missions.

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 11:05 PM
I think they need to scale higher too. There's no reason for them to stay low leveled.

I was talking about the story it's self getting better though, not the missions.

I think the story suddenly getting better is definitely from the player feedback in the last survey thing they did. More story was definitely something most people stressed.

Sp-24
May 27, 2014, 11:07 PM
Is it getting any better, though? There was one good moment in the last story quest, I guess, but Sega had a wise decision to spoil it in the trailer. What followed was... I'd say underwhelming. They did have the courtesy of finishing some plot hooks, at least, but, really, it's about as much of an improvement as +1 weapon is over +2. And we had that stuff building up for over a year, considering how some of it involved Urk, who everyone probably forgot even existed.

And, in the end, all is as usual. A throwaway villain for the 2nd episode appeared and died, big whoop. Pretty much the only thing that I cared about is that they showed off a PSZ sword in a story mode's season finale.

yoshiblue
May 27, 2014, 11:11 PM
More story is always nice. Next focus may be Double. Watch then pull a Nel and become adults if needed.

Kondibon
May 27, 2014, 11:14 PM
Is it getting any better, though? There was one good moment in the last story quest, I guess, but Sega had a wise decision to spoil it in the trailer. What followed was... I'd say underwhelming. They did have the courtesy of finishing some plot hooks, at least, but, really, it's about as much of an improvement as +1 weapon is over +2. And we had that stuff building up for over a year, considering how some of it involved Urk, who everyone probably forgot even existed.

And, in the end, all is as usual. A throwaway villain for the 2nd episode appeared and died, big whoop. Pretty much the only thing that I cared about is that they showed off a PSZ sword in a story mode's season finale.Well like I said, it's not amazing. But they're focusing on the main plot instead of all the side ones, and it feels less disjointed. Episode 1 had the big glaring flaw of lingering on a lot of the side stuff for too long, and being spread between multiple parts. Now that everything is coming together though it's more interesting to see how things relate.

It's not shakespear or anything, just good enough that it doesn't feel like filler.

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 11:17 PM

And, in the end, all is as usual. A throwaway villain for the 2nd episode appeared and died, big whoop. Pretty much the only thing that I cared about is that they showed off a PSZ sword in a story mode's season finale.

No, but their set up for future story is good and more intriguing than it was before. I'm actually curious now to see what will happen next to the arks. Will afin regain his sister? can someone possibly be "unfalzed"? Or does the host die after the falz leaves the body. I think the plot line got more momentum when they switched story towards a character level as you can see how it affects afin, Theodore, quna etc. before it just felt plain cheesey watching quna cry over a chrome dragon. The individual character struggles now feel more realistic and relatable.

Sp-24
May 27, 2014, 11:27 PM
We had the Falz thing ever since the first episode, though. Does anyone care about the whole Falz infection/domination/possession any more now than we did before for some reason?

About the only character development that I remember seeing for the whole episode (at least that wasn't too edgy, like how I literally cut myself watching Theodore) was Echo, but, of course, in the end, Zeno just comes out of nowhere after we saved him and he did nothing of note and tells her to go away and be an annoying background character again.

Well, yeah, There was Affin, too. A whole half of one story quest was dedicated to him and his sister, no?

FireswordRus
Jul 12, 2015, 02:59 AM
Bump that topic

TaigaUC
Jul 12, 2015, 06:53 AM
The anime should be about how some classes/weapons were total shit and eventually become viable.
They took long enough to fix those issues that it could last several seasons.
That'd be fun to watch. Base it on Maidoll's 4-koma or something.