PDA

View Full Version : PVP (Confirmed fake)

sesiom000
Apr 17, 2014, 04:26 PM
Hi guys i just found this on tieba baidu.http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2989593517

Real or fake?

Vintasticvin
Apr 17, 2014, 04:38 PM
If this is real sayonara peaceful community and the elitists and other vile despicable cretins will only get worser then this is the english side of the internet I'm involved.

Whining and moaning aside it would be cool if the battle mode is implemented like it was in pso1 where you can play the game normally with "friendly fire"

Sacrificial
Apr 17, 2014, 04:42 PM
well June isn't counted as spring and the road map goes up to spring so ,because it isn't in the road map..... I call fake.

UnLucky
Apr 17, 2014, 04:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xrPjUdO.png

Yes absolutely this will definitely happen just like they mentioned in the official update teaser broadcast just checked bumped.org

Gardios
Apr 17, 2014, 04:49 PM
It always makes me sad when people don't use the right font for fake screens/scans.

sesiom000
Apr 17, 2014, 04:58 PM
If i make u sad im sorry,i just posted a scan i found on the internet and wanted to see ppl opinion about this thats all.

Shinamori
Apr 17, 2014, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised honestly. What with Reguis turning people against you.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 17, 2014, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised honestly. What with Reguis turning people against you.

I didn't even think about that. Holy cow, if they ever did decide to implement a PvP esque feature, soon after this update would be a perfect opportunity, depending on how the story chapter pans out.

SakoHaruo
Apr 17, 2014, 06:10 PM
PSO2

Worst PvP ever

holmwood
Apr 17, 2014, 06:22 PM
It'll be fun. Hopefully they take balancing for pvp into account when they said they were rebalancing all the classes.

UnLucky
Apr 17, 2014, 06:24 PM
As long as there's hitscan lock-on and 20s of invulnerability the classes cannot be balanced.

Krimson
Apr 17, 2014, 06:28 PM
I've always wanted to try killing some of my mates, you know the one's that trash talk about how strong they are... lol :quickdraw:

holmwood
Apr 17, 2014, 06:28 PM
As long as there's hitscan lock-on and 20s of invulnerability the classes cannot be balanced.

Right, lock ons ....

Wow, forces are going to be kind of OP huh. They get insane range... Just tech once and mirage escape until timer goes down. :-?

Omega-z
Apr 17, 2014, 06:30 PM
The picture is fake there isn't any targeting circles on the foes/each other, No Damage, Flinching....etc.etc. It just looks like two party member in Ragne's battle arena and Rockbear area after the bosses are dead role-playing PvP with poorly designed fonts and backdrop....not impressed.

But this could be an April Fool's joke that the OP just happen to pick up on. Because of the possibility of what Shinamori said; But it could be a Fake cloned Reguis or he's mind controlled, either way this is fake.

edit:.....What if this is for the SEA version and not the JP version? I could see that happening too.

SakoHaruo
Apr 17, 2014, 06:42 PM
I can't wait to dodge an attack just so I can get hit on the other player screen and watch my HP bar go from full to me laying on the ground.

I can't wait for Gunners to go high in the air and troll me.

I can't wait for Force to abuse the client side of things and one shot my ass from full screen.

I can't wait for RaAny weak bullet trolls

I can't wait for Nishiki/Ripper trolls to rape my frame rate.

Man oh man... I can't wait for this shit. So much hype!

gigawuts
Apr 17, 2014, 06:43 PM
PSO2

Worst PvP ever

This.

They'll still probably do it, and I won't be bothered by it or any of the players it brings (If anything it'll improve the kinds of elitism trudging around in this community), but I won't be rushing to engage in it.

If I want PVP I've played and gotten tired of games that do it better.

strikerhunter
Apr 17, 2014, 06:47 PM
Image is a fake: wrong fonts, no target reticule, no damage numbers near players (or they just suck at swinging), notice that the TPS reticule is not targeting anyone at all, and no so of red damage or flinch.

It's just an image of some characters swinging at each other added with text that aren't the same fonts on the updates and same background.

Even if PvP where coming, Sega probably have to fix S roll's invisibility frames before doing PvP along with how will damaging others work out because currently if we keep our current damage........it'll just be a zerg genocide fest. Oh and not to mention super armor PAs and forced knockback PAs as well.

Kikikiki
Apr 17, 2014, 07:10 PM
Guard Stance route GM Gu/Hu.

Funtimes.

SakoHaruo
Apr 17, 2014, 07:20 PM
If they want to do anything for the competitive players they should add exclusive content to Interrupt Rankings. For example; the winners get exclusive outfits (or colors palette for a certain outfit), accessories, maybe even a free weapon pass in there. Imagine if you were the only player in the game with Bayonetta's outfit or the only Cast in the game with the Augmented Reaction Suit from the game Vanquish. Man, so many players would run IRs if there were rewards like that given out. They could even have Team/Guild only events with team exclusive rewards like, team outfits, team camo weapons, even implement team link gear that gives attack boost or defense when close to nearby team members. They could do so much more, but they'd rather stick to Dress Up Online and adding a new gate captain ever few months.

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 07:30 PM
If they want to do anything for the competitive players they should add exclusive content to Interrupt Rankings. For example; the winners get exclusive outfits (or colors palette for a certain outfit), accessories, maybe even a free weapon pass in there. Imagine if you were the only player in the game with Bayonetta's outfit or the only Cast in the game with the Augmented Reaction Suit from the game Vanquish. Man, so many players would run IRs if there were rewards like that given out. They could even have Team/Guild only events with team exclusive rewards like, team outfits, team camo weapons, even implement team link gear that gives attack boost or defense when close to nearby team members. They could do so much more, but they'd rather stick to Dress Up Online and adding a new gate captain ever few months.

People would just sell them like they do the medals and room ranking rewards.

SakoHaruo
Apr 17, 2014, 07:38 PM
make them non-tradable and release in AC months later. Like... 6 months down the road.

if you want to build the competitive community, the first thing you must do is find something that everyone wants.

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 07:40 PM
make them non-tradable and release in AC months later. Like... 6 months down the road.

Non-tradeable outfits in PSO2, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah right.

SakoHaruo
Apr 17, 2014, 07:42 PM
Not outfit, they are rewards o3o

trophy material

UnLucky
Apr 17, 2014, 07:45 PM
Nah, the baddies would complain that they couldn't get them.

pkemr4
Apr 17, 2014, 07:53 PM
>client side game
>PVP
>Client side game

gigawuts
Apr 17, 2014, 07:55 PM
Early access to new outfits would be a pretty fair reward imo, but I think the new-ness and wow factor of new outfits is a big part of what sells them in the first place.

When people get to see outfits in game after a little while a lot will get bored of them pretty quick, even if they're not very common.

Sizustar
Apr 17, 2014, 08:13 PM
Image isn't real
The last talk for PVP was in talk about other version of PSO2 with new feature that might be brought back to the Jp PSO2.
The only confirmed new content for other region so far, is the outfit and weapon camo? for the Chinese version.

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 08:17 PM
PvP can only done in one way that would be enjoyable for PSO2...

It would have to be a PvEvP scenario, where players compete with one another in trying to complete specific goals quicker/more efficiently. PvP from PSP2 is a good example of OK PvP in a PS game. With it's king of the hill-esque tower game.

Something like a real tower defense mission with two sides, with opposing teams getting their own lane, and which ever side has a stronger tower by the end of the mission wins. You could also have an actual integrated way to compare TA times with other players.

PvP can work if it's incorporated in such a way.

Direct player to player combat? HA. Don't even hold your breath. Though PSO1's battle mode was "neat" at best, it was a far cry from anything nearing what you might consider potential.

SakoHaruo
Apr 17, 2014, 08:19 PM
Nah, the baddies would complain that they couldn't get them.

No, they wouldn't. Baddies would have to deal wit it and wait for them to become available to everyone later down the road, and like I said, they're exclusive/rare/legendary/ultimate (whatever you want to call it) outfits. It's suppose to be difficult to obtain them just like 12* weapons. I mean, c'mon bro, how many variations of the school girl outfit do you need before you want something unique that only you can wear? This is also a win for both sides. Hardcore players get hardcore content and a bigger community while hardcore dress up online players get super rare outfits that make them stand out from everyone else. You mean to tell me that doesn't sound good on paper? :wacko:

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 08:21 PM
I mean, c'mon bro, how many variations of the school girl outfit do you need before you want something unique that only you can wear?

There can never be enough.

TBH I'm not really interested in more Gladiator mounts and tabards. I have enough of those.

SakoHaruo
Apr 17, 2014, 08:21 PM
PvP can only done in one way that would be enjoyable for PSO2...

Something like a real tower defense mission with two sides, with opposing teams getting their own lane, and which ever side has a stronger tower by the end of the mission wins. You could also have an actual integrated way to compare TA times with other players.

and this is what I'm about, this 100%. now add those rewards in there and... bingo.

RyanDanger
Apr 17, 2014, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't mind some rocket tag.

I mean, honestly, I'm p sure we can all one shot everyone else in this game before level 40.

Zysets
Apr 17, 2014, 08:28 PM
Something like a real tower defense mission with two sides, with opposing teams getting their own lane, and which ever side has a stronger tower by the end of the mission wins.

I was thinking of a PSO2 "MOBA" mode or something of the like as I read this. Like League of Legends or Dota, but PSO2. I would definitely like that, sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Issue comes with balancing it out so higher level players or players with better gear aren't too over powered.

Omega-z
Apr 17, 2014, 08:30 PM
Why don't they make them as Gold Badge Trade-ins, You get x amount of bronze for each win. OR they could add the option of adding x stats to your clothes since Sega did think of doing this at one point, using a new color version of badges that you only get from PVP. There wouldn't be a limit to your buffing of your clothes but the prices of badges & measta gets higher and higher each time you Lv. it up. thoughts?

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 08:34 PM
I was thinking of a PSO2 "MOBA" mode or something of the like as a read this. Like League of Legends or Dota, but PSO2. I would definitely like that, sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Issue comes with balancing it out so higher level players or players with better gear aren't too over powered.

I think that unfortunately this would just be the game we play.

If you wanna compete to be the best "Defense team", you'd have to put in the time and effort to get the gear that would help you do it.

That or they could just clothe every player as they zone in with a base set line of gear, but I mean, that defeats the purpose of the RPG bit...though does tend to be more favored by players who encourage fairness among all competitors. However, it could be said that folks would have motivation for hitting the level cap and gearing themselves up properly.

Zysets
Apr 17, 2014, 08:49 PM
I think that unfortunately this would just be the game we play.

If you wanna compete to be the best "Defense team", you'd have to put in the time and effort to get the gear that would help you do it.

That or they could just clothe every player as they zone in with a base set line of gear, but I mean, that defeats the purpose of the RPG bit...though does tend to be more favored by players who encourage fairness among all competitors.

They could go "Pokemon" with it, where you can set certain rules, like how in pokemon games, you can set a level cap at 50 or something, and everything is scaled up or down to fit that. Though that would also bring up it's own balancing issues. A "MOBA" mission could be fun either way, regardless of how they may handle it.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 17, 2014, 09:03 PM
-braver master race further strengthened-
everyone goes braver KC invincibility and the game becomes pointless ^^

Bloothehegdehog
Apr 17, 2014, 09:12 PM
Fakest image in the universe
Those characters aren't even presets

Chdata
Apr 17, 2014, 09:21 PM
PvP would suck because of the difference gear optimization makes.

E.G. you could 'feign' being a 'stronger' player just because you have better gear, which is meh because no matter how skilled one person is, if he only does 100 damage and the other player can scratch you for 900, there's a clear advantage.

They'd probably have to change a lot of stuff and various physics of the game. Faster melee attacks would be important. What would give meleers any advantage over RAGUFOTE or bow BR?

Rehal
Apr 17, 2014, 09:23 PM
What would give meleers any advantage over RAGUFOTE or bow BR?

Tanky hu go

Sizustar
Apr 17, 2014, 09:38 PM
Just to repeat, this is an late april fools joke by the Jp PSO2 community
Here's the origional source of the image, and the maker's blog on how it came about.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/sh_pso2/archives/38101118.html

UnLucky
Apr 17, 2014, 09:39 PM
Infinite air juggles until they can't proc automate anymore

Good fair PVP very fun thrilling epic battles

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2014, 10:16 PM
I used to do a pseudo pvp back when skyland came out, and by that I mean me and some friends would get the panic status on us and we would kill each other lol.

Nothing felt better than wiping out 11 players in a mpa :-P

too bad it got patched

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 10:40 PM
I used to do a pseudo pvp back when skyland came out, and by that I mean me and some friends would get the panic status on us and we would kill each other lol.

too bad it got patched

Waaat I don't remember that.

How did I miss this!

strikerhunter
Apr 17, 2014, 10:42 PM

too bad it got patched

Wait....back then you can hit each other when under panic status????!!.................this needs to be brought back if it was a thing.

MegaZoneXE
Apr 17, 2014, 11:00 PM
hahaha

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2014, 11:18 PM
Yeah lol, lots of people (including me for daaaaaaaays) were doing it lol, thats why sega patched it.

Chdata
Apr 18, 2014, 12:56 AM
but tanks would also do half dmg so it'd sort of even out if they take half dmg.

UnLucky
Apr 18, 2014, 01:04 AM
Not if it only takes one hit to be comboed to death unavoidably due to flinch and knockdown.

Oh, and good luck using Guard Stance against Ranger, Gunner or Force.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 18, 2014, 01:18 AM
lol, you think you could live half of 20k? Maybe it's different now but back in the FC pk days you could still 1 shot someone (or at the very least hit someone for over 800) wo was not in a stance using the first hit of nova strike and rising edge.

EDIT: the ones i hit for 800~ were hunters btw. Damage varied with gear but i'd say that was the average.

Misaki Ki
Apr 18, 2014, 01:18 AM
I miss confusion, when it allowed us to attack other players.

So much fun with wired lance grabs.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 18, 2014, 01:24 AM
I miss confusion, when it allowed us to attack other players.

So much fun with wired lance grabs.

Best part was having a contest to see who could kill the most players with friends lol.

UnLucky
Apr 18, 2014, 01:34 AM
lol, you think you could live half of 20k? Maybe it's different now but back in the FC pk days you could still 1 shot someone (or at the very least hit someone for over 800) wo was not in a stance using the first hit of nova strike and rising edge.

EDIT: the ones i hit for 800~ were hunters btw. Damage varied with gear but i'd say that was the average.

I would like to give Sega at least as much credit to scale PVP damage to clone level.

Misaki Ki
Apr 18, 2014, 01:37 AM
Best part was having a contest to see who could kill the most players with friends lol.

Which wasn't much if you were melee at the time. I remember force having all the damage against other players, like how the clones are.

Still, I remember one person in an MPA trolling by not turning in an egg in F. Cont. Revenge was very sweet.

Alukard
Apr 18, 2014, 01:38 AM
I doubt SEGA would take a step towards PVP considering that they have such a huge foreign player base. PVP means rather Ping vs Ping

UnLucky
Apr 18, 2014, 01:44 AM
I really doubt they'd have the foresight to consider that in the slightest.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 18, 2014, 01:55 AM
Lets give sega the benefit of the doubt that they WILL scale damage to be the same as clones. Who is going to survive (and im seriously low balling this) 3k hits consistently?

Mysterious-G
Apr 18, 2014, 03:25 AM
Match starting in

Player 2 has been killed by Shunka. Next round starting in 30 seconds.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 18, 2014, 03:28 AM
forget shunka lol, anything that can hit over 2k will be an instakill, guilty break, ass buster, infinity fire, elder rebellion, just about anthing a force can tps etc. It would just be a contest of who gets the first hit.

Phantom Rain
Apr 18, 2014, 03:46 AM
Sounds more like a quick draw duel than a battle

Squall179
Apr 18, 2014, 04:14 AM
It sounds, with the way the game is now, like it would be a boring experience.

One shots all over the place, wouldn't be much by way of actually FUN fights.

WOuld be more like how Armored Core 4 and 5 could be at times. Pleh.

Zipzo
Apr 18, 2014, 04:20 AM
You guys are talking like they would keep the damage scaled as 1:1 vs human players. They don't even do this in other F2P games with other barebones PVP features just to please battlers.

I know this is SEGA, but seriously guys, your reasons for why PVP wouldn't be very good are elementary and thoughtless.

Personally I feel a properly implemented PVP system (utilizing PvEvP) would be quite endearing as a feature, especially in a game so much based on kill speed. Getting people to *compete* based on kill speed would be perfect. It'd be fun, and it's perfectly rational for the mechanics of the game that could lead to pretty fair match-ups.

Sacrificial
Apr 18, 2014, 05:49 AM
I know this is SEGA, but seriously guys, your reasons for why PVP wouldn't be very good are elementary and thoughtless.

Personally I feel a properly implemented PVP system (utilizing PvEvP) would be quite endearing as a feature, especially in a game so much based on kill speed. Getting people to *compete* based on kill speed would be perfect. It'd be fun, and it's perfectly rational for the mechanics of the game that could lead to pretty fair match-ups.

I didn't really read every page this time but since pvp has been discussed so much on this forum way before this im going to assume the same people come with the same arguments.

Reasons like hardlocks really aren't good in PvP. A softlock is ok since it is a 3rdperson game.

You said a properly implemented pvp system. I'm pretty sure everyone(except giga maybe xD) will vouch for this. But that was not the point. Most reasons were why PvP would not work in it's current state. And since it took sega over a year to actually look up the word "balance" in a dictionary, most people are sceptical over a properly system.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 18, 2014, 09:31 AM
I think you're all wrong, PSO2 pvp should be C.A.R.D. Revolution pt. 2. Everyone loves turning an action RPG into a card game.

Walkure
Apr 18, 2014, 09:35 AM
They should have the PvP that Monster Hunter Tri had.

Arm Wrestling was fun.

Daiyousei
Apr 18, 2014, 10:14 AM
Sounds more like a quick draw duel than a battle

ping vs ping indeed

RV29
Apr 18, 2014, 10:24 AM
Hu would win in PvP, They just block the hell out of anything and reflect it back.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 18, 2014, 10:34 AM
I think you're all wrong, PSO2 pvp should be C.A.R.D. Revolution pt. 2. Everyone loves turning an action RPG into a card game.

Best Idea I've heard in a while lol. I'd redownload the 20+ gigs just for that.

You guys are talking like they would keep the damage scaled as 1:1 vs human players. They don't even do this in other F2P games with other barebones PVP features just to please battlers.

It's not thoughtless, it's what happened with the portable games, you were stripped of all your gear, set to level 1, and if you got the first PA/tech in you would insta kill or 2 shot your target from a distance. And infinity just copy pasted the system over so im pretty sure sega won't make any progress because they have proven themselves to be very good at making lousy decisions.

Shadowth117
Apr 18, 2014, 11:00 AM
It's not thoughtless, it's what happened with the portable games, you were stripped of all your gear, set to level 1, and if you got the first PA/tech in you would insta kill or 2 shot your target from a distance. And infinity just copy pasted the system over so im pretty sure sega won't make any progress because they have proven themselves to be very good at making lousy decisions.

In all fairness, Infinity "copying" PSP2 means nothing. It WAS the same game, but with extra content like the final mix versions of Kingdom Hearts. Personally I actually believe the PVP in PSO2 would end up like you've been describing if it did happen, but its not impossible they'd do something else.

Hu would win in PvP, They just block the hell out of anything and reflect it back.

TPS any attack with any AOE at all behind your silly HU block. gg

Skyly HUmar
Apr 18, 2014, 11:04 AM
In all fairness, Infinity "copying" PSP2 means nothing. It WAS the same game, but with extra content like the final mix versions of Kingdom Hearts. Personally I actually believe the PVP in PSO2 would end up like you've been describing if it did happen, but its not impossible they'd do something else.

TPS any attack with any AOE at all behind your silly HU block. gg

I suppose hope never hurt too lol.

And shadow's right, the only chance you'll stand as melee is to activate katana combat and hope people dont run away from you.

Krimson
Apr 18, 2014, 01:37 PM
I suppose hope never hurt too lol.

And shadow's right, the only chance you'll stand as melee is to activate katana combat and hope people dont run away from you.

The trick is to use elder rebellion! :quickdraw:
There is no chance so melee players will feel mad :argh:

Idt pvp could be fairly implemented without changing the game to be completely different. Gunners are just too powerful due to our evasion and pas in general are.... well look at elder rebellion [because Infinity fire has no stun locking], shunka mage techs :-? and master shot [these would be spammed in pvp] even if everything nerfed for pvp I feel certain classes will out class each other

cheatpso
Apr 18, 2014, 01:44 PM
PVP is already in the game. it won't even need a update.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 18, 2014, 03:03 PM
forget shunka lol, anything that can hit over 2k will be an instakill, guilty break, ass buster, infinity fire, elder rebellion, just about anthing a force can tps etc. It would just be a contest of who gets the first hit.

no, it'll be a contest of who can activate katana combat first

gigawuts
Apr 18, 2014, 03:07 PM
Honestly though, combat finish has a super obvious and easy to read tell. With the way juggling works? The biggest threat will be who can get off the first Razan and then keep it going the longest.

strikerhunter
Apr 18, 2014, 03:10 PM
PVP is already in the game. it won't even need a update.

This a joke? Because PvP isn't in the game unless you mean clones but that's still PvE.

Honestly though, combat finish has a super obvious and easy to read tell. With the way juggling works? The biggest threat will be who can get off the first Razan and then keep it going the longest.

Nah I think the biggest threat would be a S roll spam Gu. Being able to reach the Gu and time when will the invisibility frame rates end correctly.

Hobu
Apr 18, 2014, 03:17 PM
Troll people with other spin.

cheatpso
Apr 18, 2014, 03:22 PM
im telling you in the games coding its already there and has been since day 1 really... i can show a video demo of PVP...

Zettabyte
Apr 18, 2014, 03:31 PM
im telling you in the games coding its already there and has been since day 1 really... i can show a video demo of PVP...

So show it. I'd love to see what a shitmess it probably is.

UnLucky
Apr 18, 2014, 03:44 PM

Who cares about Combat Finish? It's the Combat Escape that's imba in pvp. You're immune to flinch but the other guy isn't. It essentially guarantees you the first hit, which is all you need, even if you're dealing out 1-10 dmg per hit. Chain flinch and juggling is unavoidable.

I could totally see Average Stance Fo/Br being stupid broken.

Triple_S
Apr 18, 2014, 04:13 PM
So show it. I'd love to see what a shitmess it probably is.

Probably referencing how being confused or whatever SE it was allows you to hit teammates.

I think they disabled that effect though.

Reyva
Apr 18, 2014, 05:07 PM
Eh, even if it is shitty, they should bring it. Not a damn else thing to do in this game and for folks who are happy with what they got and don't care about getting the absolute maximum for crap, ain't nothin else to do but level other classes and play barbie with your characters.

Would love to see things like Casts vs Humans PvP (Yeah I bet that would call for a lot of cast supremacy threads on here haha), tower defense/protection/capture the flag, etc etc etc etc etc. Personally, I rather have the Loli PvP where I just slaughter anybody who is a loli character with my cast.

Eh, so it would bring excitement to this crap game. Course the PvEers/All talk no action/Brain Surgeons can be in PvE heaven since PvP would be optional, but dang, I'd play this game a hell a lot more.

But alas, that is a pipe dream as Segac just cares about making people play barbie with their toons, rehashing same ol crap (Yeah new pas/techs, oh yay, how I enjoy that crap....NOT), and releasing new areas and difficulty modes which are a complete joke even with crap gear. Gotta play as slomo techer or force to get any excitement but still easy but just takes longer to kill vs melee/ranged.

It seems the only game that has "casts" and the PvP I'm looking for would be RF Online which I don't feel like playing due to how outdated it is. Been around too long and I had my fun with it back in those days with codemasters owned it.

Kilich
Apr 18, 2014, 06:42 PM
Well, that's a lot of frustration. If you want pvp with robots, consider games like Armored Core, since there are no good mmos.
There are not many good games overall, yes, but there's some choice in multiplayer mecha.

KatsuraJun
Apr 18, 2014, 06:57 PM
try ACE if you want mecha fightan action.

though ACE:R was a bit of a step down.

Maenara
Apr 20, 2014, 10:12 PM
The game needs at least one non-instanced world location before adding PvP. The lobby doesn't really count for the fact that it's ultimately a hub rather than a world location.

Kilich
Apr 21, 2014, 02:51 AM
How would one non-instanced location be different from an instance? Free Fields that are much larger and are shared by all players at the same time?

strikerhunter
Apr 21, 2014, 03:14 AM
How would one non-instanced location be different from an instance? Free Fields that are much larger and are shared by all players at the same time?

12 players to be exact.

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 05:45 AM

Pretty much. Although the size doesn't really matter(So long as it's not tiny), and it would be for all players on the same block, rather than the same server.

A good example of something that would make a good world location would be the city area of the Arks ship that we're on.

Mysterious-G
Apr 21, 2014, 05:48 AM
It'd be all over competetive game modes that aren't about fighting other players in battle. Minigames, airboard racing, whatever. Actually, make it a social aspect rather than a strictly competitive one, since I feel the game could really use some of that.

Mattykins
Apr 21, 2014, 11:23 AM
Well, a few games I've played have had certain rules and rebalances upon entering PvP. Ragnarok had no knockback and no Ice Walls during WoE, and SMT: Imagine, for all I remember about the PvP before I quit that game, completely recalculated some stats of the players. If enough effort and research and testing was put into such a system, I imagine that we could end up with something that could possibly work.

That said, I have no delusions that Sega would actually put in the amount of effort to make it work, sooo... :T

Goukezitsu
Apr 22, 2014, 04:57 AM
This is how I imagine PSO2 PVP working without changing too much (not a huge overhaul but some small adjustments to try to make it more doable because obviously there's a lot more that could be done):

-Having a large pool of set HP that might vary due to class type at best but lets just say everyone gets the same 50-80k hp for now (kind of like clones).

-Having there be a maximum to being juggled in the air kind of how there's damage
pejoration in fighting games as well as being able to air recover / just fall flat after a while.

-Starting in a neutral position but not incredibly far away with a sort of count down to initialize the fight with no prebuffing of any sort even stances (gives you an opportunity to lose a stance which seemingly gives an advantage to gu/ra fo/te however ra fo te lack def options and a lot of the damage bonus of ra/gu wont be present in that kind of battle (standing snipe and even WHA due to moving around (harder to land headshots) and also worse options defensively as while s roll has nice invulnerability if you are constantly moving you cant be attacking and the MG blasts aren't going to stop someone.))

- Arenas that you could agree on / rng selection that might be flat plane or perhaps have elevations or walls of sorts but varied. But, I think in a ranked setting it should just be flat and normal or somehow balanced to include counter picks.

-Normalized weapons and armor with a separate pvp mode for full on stat based combat. Kind of how npcs have something based upon star rarity. There should be a set amount you can do so there's an even playing field with the skills you choose being the real determining factor but I think latents should come into play too for more unique set ups.

-Separate battle tree system that allows you to have 5 slots on each class with presets that you can name to select prior to a battle that also can be reset whenever to allow flexibility with the changing meta (Or once a week in a pass form like XQ passes).

-I think locking on should be a thing but there probably needs to be conditions that allow you to lose your lock.

-I think flinching should also be a thing but it shouldn't be constant and there should be a limit to it perhaps beyond the first flinch you can only be flinched again within an amount of time or based upon the type of hit. Obviously there would be crumple and knockdowns but I think there needs to be a bit of balance to it so it makes moves like stun concido and quake howling (and STUN GRENADES :O !) sort of more useful.

-I think skills should be redone a bit simpler in battle mode. Things like KC invul being reduced (but still present I'd even say 10 seconds is okay but I'd settle for 5-7 too). 1 Weak Bullet maximum. Chain trigger max CD and etc. Perhaps simply giving the lowest form of some of these skills vs its maximum. The rest fundamentally being the same save some more examples of things of that nature and just a simplification of the stances ie: like fury stance being the bulk of the boost vs breaking it up into various upgrades. Kind of like having a list of things to have that you can select and beef up based upon how strong you want that kind of skill to be with a set amount of pts. (Like Lv 5 is the max for all the skills and you'd beef those traits as needed w/ a more condensed list but still w/ the variety and wealth of tools like massive hunter iron will etc. but 40 pts at your disposal and only mini tree branches to deal with)

-Status reworked to be simpler and battle mode friendly. Lv of status wouldn't matter just whether it was present on the wep and more obvious details on what they do like say shock making it so you cant switch your weapon (not an actual feature but more clearly defined then randomly knocking you down or mirage sometimes making you miss. More definite and less rng).

-Should have ranked and unranked and there should be some sort of tracking of wins and losses at the visiphone.

-Rewards should be titles and maybe mixed with awards that you get after a match on a lessor form? And perhaps at best I like that one persons idea for outfits so maybe a special set of badges so you can pick from the 10 custom outfits and perhaps some kind of a badge shop in general that maybe had other things like tri boosts or 50 rare tickets or accessories kind of deal. Hell special camos too.

-Xp based system in ranked and points based upon how well you did so if its close even the loser doesn't get completely shafted. I believe in losing XP when you lose but if its close maybe still gaining some. But, people disagree on this and so they go for just gaining less XP instead of losing it which I'm cool with too.

My thoughts on some strats:

I think skills are kind of rough but i think people aren't being creative enough on how to counter it. Melee and gunner have some of the best defense options in the game. You can avoid someone in KC for 20 seconds and if you do its on cooldown for a really long time (even at max). Also, you can force them to activate it because you CAN cancel it. Knowing that they would have to either do it right away or save it for a good moment. It would become more of a mind game. KC would be weak because you need hits to build its damage and if they aren't hitting a lot it wont do anything plus its super obvious and the moment they disengage KC they can be attacked and cannot defend so most likely they will have to NOT finish. Which means you might have to either endure 19 seconds of getting your ass kicked or switch your build type to never give up half line shit.

-Everyone has access to a gunslash you could simply shoot someone who's trying to activate stances if you wanna open like that.

-Your invincible for a short period of time following a just guard so the moment you do one you can immediately counter attack and stuff something as slow as shunka shunran.

-Shunran is incredibly slow lol.... If you can dodge that then you need to stop playing PSO2

Sorry about the lengthy post, but I've thought about how this can work before. I'm not saying its perfect at all, I just think you can do it and it would happen and be fun but not too serious. I think this is about as serious as it could get w/ latency and other issues but the whole stock weps armor 800 hp thing pvp wouldn't be fun at all so this is how I thought it'd pretty much have to be.

Once again sorry ; ; its pretty long but It's how I think it could work okay.

jooozek
Apr 22, 2014, 05:42 AM
sega cant even balance pve
why do people think pvp would be anything but utter garbage?

NoiseHERO
Apr 22, 2014, 05:53 AM
Prolly cause still enjoying a game that's utter garbage OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick burn.

Krimson
Apr 22, 2014, 10:29 AM
sega cant even balance pve
why do people think pvp would be anything but utter garbage?

This, also.... :quickdraw: