PDA

View Full Version : 12* items

fay
Apr 17, 2014, 05:45 PM
Are these able to be traded if both players have premium? I don't think they used to be able to, but a team member just told me we should. Just need a definite answer before I buy someone premium lol.

Also, are lv16 disks tradable between 2 players with premium?

Arksenth
Apr 17, 2014, 05:46 PM
nope

and nope

nice try though

fay
Apr 17, 2014, 05:49 PM
Sigh. Account bound items are the most stupid thing ever. I can actually understand for free play, but with premium you should definitely be able to trade anything.

UnLucky
Apr 17, 2014, 05:55 PM
You'll eventually be able to buy 12*s with 12* passes

pkemr4
Apr 17, 2014, 06:12 PM

lets hope not.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2014, 06:12 PM

just as soon as 13+* weps come and make 12*s pointless.

Shadowth117
Apr 17, 2014, 06:13 PM
lets hope not.

You know about how those items were searchable in the player shops for a bit right? 12-15* passes.

BIG OLAF
Apr 17, 2014, 06:17 PM
lets hope not.

But you will, so yeah.

Arksenth
Apr 17, 2014, 06:18 PM
12* weapons are mostly just for bragging rights at this stage anyway - with the elements being stuck as they are unless you have absolute god-tier RNG, they're far weaker than 11*s - especially since they don't really have any special latents that would justify their use, like the Falz 11*s did.

So meh, I'm fine with them not being tradeable for now. They're just trophies is all.

UnLucky
Apr 17, 2014, 06:19 PM
How else am I going to 50% my Psycho Wand without trading?

12*s are worthless

landman
Apr 17, 2014, 06:28 PM
I still want my trophy on my room.... some day -.-

Arksenth
Apr 17, 2014, 06:35 PM
Find a friend with said trophy item, get them to install the hologram in your room, tell everyone in your team "no, I have it, I just don't have the stats to equip it and there's no practical situation I'd use a 26 element 12* anyway."

IT'S PRACTICALLY THE SAME AS HAVING THE ACTUAL WEAPON.

gigawuts
Apr 17, 2014, 06:41 PM
Find a friend with said trophy item, get them to install the hologram in your room, tell everyone in your team "no, I have it, I just don't have the stats to equip it and there's no practical situation I'd use a 26 element 12* anyway."

It's better actually, since you have no obligation to grind a 12*.

UnLucky
Apr 17, 2014, 06:45 PM
The hologram doesn't even show off the stats on the damn thing.

Whether it's 50% 8s +40 or completely naked doesn't matter.

Arksenth
Apr 17, 2014, 06:50 PM
I think it's actually kind of terrible to get a 12* weapon because it drops from DFE and you're like "OMG LOOK AT THIS" and feel all blessed, and then the next minute it hits you that you now have a useless piece of trash that will just take up a slot in your storage until 12* trading passes come, and then it's going to get insta-passed along with one of the other 8 12*s you get that week when they bump up rates, in exchange for something 50 element that's unevitably going to be better latent-wise.

Shinamori
Apr 17, 2014, 07:56 PM
The only useful 12* in my opinion will be Orochi Agito.

lets hope not.

People said the same thing about 11*s, and probably the same thing about 10*s

Rakurai
Apr 17, 2014, 10:09 PM
The 12* star rifle is good as well, since it has the Standing Snipe latent, which is perfect for Satellite Cannon spamming.

Everything other then that and the Orochi Agito seems rather lacking.

gigawuts
Apr 17, 2014, 10:16 PM
I love how they gave the yas shotgun standing snipe, and the yas rifle zero range advance.

???

Zipzo
Apr 17, 2014, 10:41 PM
Look at all these excuses to not care about not getting a 12*.

GIMME ELY SION, NAO.

Coatl
Apr 17, 2014, 10:45 PM
You think they'll ever fix that problem? Having the highest rarity weapons being useless because of how inaccessible they are tied with how necessary element grinding is, is a really broken system.

I don't care if they don't fix *12s, they all suck anyway for the most part ('cept agito). But I'm worried about *13s falling to the same fate.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 17, 2014, 10:49 PM
TMG has shitty 12 stars, I don't care for them
[SPOILER-BOX]:wacko:[/SPOILER-BOX]

Arksenth
Apr 17, 2014, 10:55 PM
TMG has shitty 12 stars, I don't care for them
[SPOILER-BOX]:wacko:[/SPOILER-BOX]

i actually had to check the wiki to see what the 12* TMG was

because i give that much of a fuck about them

troll'd

UnLucky
Apr 17, 2014, 11:10 PM
You think they'll ever fix that problem? Having the highest rarity weapons being useless because of how inaccessible they are tied with how necessary element grinding is, is a really broken system.

I don't care if they don't fix *12s, they all suck anyway for the most part ('cept agito). But I'm worried about *13s falling to the same fate.

Yeah, 11*s were shit when they first came out, too.

Only one worth trying for was the XQ trade in Talis, but that's only because element did fuck all for techs. Unless you wanted to do twice as many runs by buying everyone's passes on the entire ship.

Well I guess some all-class 11*s were good because those weapon types had really really bad all-class variants. So you didn't need 50% to surpass low end 7*s.

They absolutely need a way to element grind something with lower rarity weapon fodder. Obviously make them give less than same-rarity, or something as simple as inversely proportional Synthesizer costs (like 10x as many using a 1* vs a 10*).

Or hell, just let those booster tickets work on their own, or put fake weapons in the AC scratch that enable element grinds.

Macman
Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM
Nope, go find two Psycho Wands and hope they have matching elements.

jooozek
Apr 17, 2014, 11:56 PM
Nope, go find two Psycho Wands and hope they have matching elements.

thats why vraolets exist :sleepy:

fay
Apr 18, 2014, 05:14 AM
I really want the psycho wand. The potential it has is amazing. It might not be that big a deal to most of you, but I feel I can hardly cast techniques because of the ridiculous low PP numbers. Some techs get cast 3 or 4 times and it's dry.
In the crafting tech section, I've been focusing on things that lower PP usage, even if it means reducing my damage. The only spells I feel comfortable using without running out of PP now are Zonde, Megid, Foie because of lowered PP. Honestly the Psycho wand gives a much necessary effect. I go techer sub class for the 40% recover rate and HP PP conversion and it's still not enough.

Shinamori
Apr 18, 2014, 06:45 AM
There will be better 12*, probably by the time we get 12* trading. They'll probably add a another TD-like quest or a EQ that drops Falz 12*s. But, I suspect that won't be towards until the end of the year.

landman
Apr 18, 2014, 07:05 AM

I had no idea, now I only need to find someone with a psychowand and nice enough not to steal a 10k FUN decoration. But I really wouldn't lie about the origin of it, I have yet to grind/afix a single weapon/unit in this game, my friends know I prefer to save and buy the finished thing :wacko:

They absolutely need a way to element grind something with lower rarity weapon fodder. Obviously make them give less than same-rarity, or something as simple as inversely proportional Synthesizer costs (like 10x as many using a 1* vs a 10*).

Maybe a craft that transforms a 10* into something similar to a 11* could be a solution.

Walkure
Apr 18, 2014, 07:45 AM
Or it could just use crafting materials as a way to boost attribute.

gigawuts
Apr 18, 2014, 08:21 AM
Or it could just use crafting materials as a way to boost attribute.

Good idea! Silvonia will be used for boosting 12* element.

fay
Apr 18, 2014, 08:50 AM
Has Falz drop rate changed? I've just saw 2 different people with psycho wand in the space of a day.

Sizustar
Apr 18, 2014, 08:51 AM
Still the same

Shinamori
Apr 18, 2014, 08:59 AM
Raging has a higher chance though. That's where I got mines.

fay
Apr 18, 2014, 09:13 AM
Guess it's just the game taunting me again then. I've been searching for a psycho wand since PSO1 and still hasn't happened...

Daiyousei
Apr 18, 2014, 10:19 AM
It might be harder to get now though, I either get 1 rare or none in my runs now, as people start speedkilling Falz instead.

landman
Apr 18, 2014, 10:22 AM
Because arms now drop weapons... yeah :rolleyes:

Daiyousei
Apr 18, 2014, 10:24 AM
I meant Elder, even when he gets shocked people still go attack the core to kill as fast as possible.

RV29
Apr 18, 2014, 10:40 AM
Wish I could get at least one 12* from Falz, I only got a 11* BB once, and that's it.

Bellion
Apr 18, 2014, 10:44 AM
I meant Elder, even when he gets shocked people still go attack the core to kill as fast as possible.

The thing is, killing it without breaking arms won't increase/decrease the chance of 10/11/12* weapon drops. The arms only contribute less than 100 meseta drops and units.

The main body of Elder drops the stuff you want and over 100+ meseta drops.

Daiyousei
Apr 18, 2014, 10:54 AM
I guess it's just my luck then, and there being less drops I got fewer chances at rolling rares.

Yup, and I still get people every now and then yelling at me for attacking the core...
I wonder how many blacklists I'm on...

I really don't mind at all, as my main reason for doing Falz is just EXP for classes. I don't even care about going after rares, fighting the RNG is futile.

stroodle
Apr 18, 2014, 10:54 AM
The thing is, killing it without breaking arms won't increase/decrease the chance of 10/11/12* weapon drops. The arms only contribute less than 100 meseta drops and units.

The main body of Elder drops the stuff you want and over 100+ meseta drops.

Yup, and I still get people every now and then yelling at me for attacking the core...
I wonder how many blacklists I'm on...

Shinamori
Apr 18, 2014, 10:55 AM

Elder's main drops comes from his body though, so., yeah. Most people speed kill falz because a lot of people have more that like 3 characters.

stroodle
Apr 18, 2014, 11:19 AM
Elder's main drops comes from his body though, so., yeah. Most people speed kill falz because a lot of people have more that like 3 characters.
I have two characters, and one of them has been using the same RDB for quite a while, so that's another reason to kill fast.

Coreven
Apr 18, 2014, 12:13 PM
The arms only contribute less than 100 meseta drops

Huh, really. Nobody ever argued this before, there goes my reason of attacking the arms then.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 18, 2014, 12:25 PM
but then again, will this reasoning go to other players who still breaks the arms?

now that I know this, I'd rather YOLO the core with my WB but. . . how the hell do we spread this information to other players?

Daiyousei
Apr 18, 2014, 12:37 PM
but then again, will this reasoning go to other players who still breaks the arms?

now that I know this, I'd rather YOLO the core with my WB but. . . how the hell do we spread this information to other players?

probably over time, When people first told me about people attacking the core fast, my runs were still breaking the arms, and then gradually now I see 2-3 people, usually EN players doing it, which is my typical runs now.

And then the runs where one person is doing it, if everyone else is not attacking core, they will stop sometimes.

Edit: I really don't want to get yelled at, last time I contemplated about doing it while someone was doing it, 2 people in MPA chewed the heck out of that guy.

Macman
Apr 18, 2014, 01:39 PM
Technically the arms take more damage than the core, so it's better to attack those when you can. Just don't go all perfectionist over it.

Shinamori
Apr 18, 2014, 03:19 PM
I've seen JPs go ham on the core recently.

gigawuts
Apr 18, 2014, 03:24 PM
Lots of people stomp on the core because after like a year and a half of falz we're kind of tired of breaking arms to maybe find 1/5th of a photon sphere

I mean seriously guys they're units, you'll live without them

Shinamori
Apr 18, 2014, 04:40 PM
They're 1k in shops anyways.

UnLucky
Apr 18, 2014, 04:45 PM
Yeah just go buy all of those elder units to turn into photon spheres

landman
Apr 18, 2014, 07:15 PM
But you need tickets to buy the units, and you need units to get the tickets! buying a unit to get spheres is a waste of time and money lol

Shinamori
Apr 18, 2014, 07:17 PM
Please, you can get like 5 Nega Photons in TD. I probably need like 6 runs of TDs and I got 5 Photons Sphere worth.