PDA

View Full Version : rare drops & names

ChickenPlate
Apr 17, 2014, 09:51 PM
I've been getting nothing but hunter weapons in the rare category. Does PSO2 have a relation between character name and rare drop types like it did in PSO1?

Gardios
Apr 17, 2014, 09:55 PM
Are you playing Hunter? You get an extra roll on rares usable by your class.

Sizustar
Apr 17, 2014, 09:57 PM
It could also be the enemy and stage you are hunting on.

schnee4
Apr 17, 2014, 11:18 PM
baby first RNG
welcome to PSO2 new person

Grady219
Apr 18, 2014, 05:26 PM
I've been getting nothing but hunter weapons in the rare category. Does PSO2 have a relation between character name and rare drop types like it did in PSO1?

To answer your question.. no not at all. It's the same drop table for everyone.

strikerhunter
Apr 18, 2014, 06:22 PM

-RNG first.
-Depends on what monster you are hunting.
-Everyone gets their own individual drops (so no stealing drops from each other).
-Your main class gives you an extra roll for rares usable by your class from bosses (in other words, your main class increases the rare drop rate of any rare weapons that the boss drops that your class can use.)

Are you playing Hunter? You get an extra roll on rares usable by your class.

This only applies to bosses.

Sano
Apr 18, 2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the clarity Striker.

Macman
Apr 18, 2014, 09:39 PM
I secretly believe there's some form of Section ID system buried deep in the game, because I get all kinds of rares for fighter, but I rarely ever get guns.

Hell I've gotten three Meteor Fist lv16s in 2 runs of Sanctum, but not a single Satellite Cannon disk in about 12 runs of Tunnels.

Not to mention my library list of Daggers/Fists/DoubleSabers are considerably longer than any other weapon type in the game. (Still no Guld Milla drop, btw)

strikerhunter
Apr 18, 2014, 09:58 PM
I secretly believe there's some form of Section ID system buried deep in the game, because I get all kinds of rares for fighter, but I rarely ever get guns.

Hell I've gotten three Meteor Fist lv16s in 2 runs of Sanctum, but not a single Satellite Cannon disk in about 12 runs of Tunnels.

Not to mention my library list of Daggers/Fists/DoubleSabers are considerably longer than any other weapon type in the game. (Still no Guld Milla drop, btw)

-RNG first.

-Main class only affects what PAs will appear more often and not their drop rates.

Sanguine2009
Apr 18, 2014, 10:04 PM
its the desire sensor, the game knows what kinda drops you want and will go out of its way to drop everything but that

strikerhunter
Apr 18, 2014, 10:16 PM
Hahaha too true. When you want something so badly you won't get it but when you don't want it anymore it comes to you left and right <_< *looking at you Yas9k*

Rien
Apr 18, 2014, 10:29 PM
I've always wanted an 11* sword

Then Katanas became superpowerful and I gave up on swords

to this day I still don't have an 11* sword

This desire sensor isn't working too well

Nitro Vordex
Apr 18, 2014, 10:32 PM
That's because you're using katanas. Traitor.

Sanguine2009
Apr 18, 2014, 11:53 PM
well somewhere deep inside you must still want a sword, otherwise you might have one

Exiled_Gundam
Apr 19, 2014, 12:31 AM
The game asks you to play all class

LotusFX
Apr 19, 2014, 02:28 AM
I was wondering about this too. Whether the class you play affects the drops. I'm currently hunting a Psycho Wand Elysion as a Gu for my Fo. Well, don't give up on your desires. Always keep punching RNG chasing them.

Anyway, in TD, I think 11* drops when the towers are in full HP lol. Had a run where everyone restored the towers' health to full which is a first one for me. Pretty surprised that 11* TMG I dreamed off drop there.

strikerhunter
Apr 19, 2014, 02:33 AM
I was wondering about this too. Whether the class you play affects the drops. I'm currently hunting a Psycho Wand Elysion as a Gu for my Fo. Well, don't give up on your desires. Always keep punching RNG chasing them.

Anyway, in TD, I think 11* drops when the towers are in full HP lol. Had a run where everyone restored the towers' health to full which is a first one for me. Pretty surprised that 11* TMG I dreamed off drop there.

Had a run with towers at 75% and got my first GMs, another at 56% and got my second pair, another at 78% and got my first elysion, and lastly a run at 90% run that gave me the TD rifle. (all four fal claws that I got from TD all came from 60% and under)

Sanguine2009
Apr 19, 2014, 04:31 AM
tower HP does affect drop rate, but only because tower HP affects mission rank which determines how many rolls you get in the crystal at the end