PDA

View Full Version : The most annoying thing of PSO2

LordKaiser
Apr 19, 2014, 11:07 AM
It's not getting any rares, failing at grinding or even affixing that it's also frustrating... The real annoyance is getting a rare equipment without a damn single slot! Oh a enemy dropped a amazing 10* or 11* weapon, you fill with joy then when you check..... NO slots...........

Getting a equipment without slots is like serving yourself a bowl full of cereal and then finding out that you don't have milk on the fridge. It's like making pancakes to find there's no syrup. To go on a date to find out that you forgot your condom. To wash your car and doves shit all over it just after that. To be hit extra hard with a aluminum bat on the balls and the list goes on and on.

It's there a way to add slots to them?

gigawuts
Apr 19, 2014, 11:12 AM
yes

5yes

Galax
Apr 19, 2014, 11:13 AM
You can do a bunch of trash affixes, but the rate is low for extra slot adding.

Just try to add lv1 stuff of all the affixes you want, plus a few you don't.

Or don't affix. I don't, and I do alright.

Shadowth117
Apr 19, 2014, 11:14 AM
...have you tried? Because literally any number of affixes on the fodder you use will be okay to get a single slot onto your target. Not that you'd want to use a high slot fodder to get a single slot on your equips, but eh.

Dnd
Apr 19, 2014, 11:15 AM
finding an item with 0-1 slots is actually stupidly common, I wouldn't compare it to anything on that list.

Or get a weapon with the latent '錬成巧者'
ニョイボウ
蒼黒のニョイボウ or
マダムノアマガサ

And it adds a 3/4/5% chance to finding additional slots/affixs on dropped weapons.

Whatever it drops with you're more then likely to just either sell it or affix over it anyway so it isnt a big deal

Zipzo
Apr 19, 2014, 11:35 AM
Affixing is completely and objectively the most bullshit system in PSO2. No other activity even cuts close to its least amount of reward : least amount of gains ratio.

Everything else you mentioned, while sometimes irritating, can at least be strong armed with enough money. Affixing has a fun habit of literally skeeting on your face over, and over, and over with no remorse.

Aine
Apr 19, 2014, 11:42 AM
when you're working with 5 slots or higher affixing is fun

when you're working with 4 slots or lower it's like banging your head on thumbtacks

isCasted
Apr 19, 2014, 11:53 AM
I don't really get how is this a problem. There's still a chance that you lose all slots in process of expanding.

Galax
Apr 19, 2014, 12:25 PM
And that's why I don't affix, folks.

I'm here to enjoy some mob smashing, not try to smash my PC because Dudu.

SakoHaruo
Apr 19, 2014, 12:42 PM
Affixing is pretty easy. During boost week, creating three 5slot units only cost like 30mil (that's for all three. 10mil each) or cheaper. All depends on your available resources. If you miss out on boost week just save for the next one.

LordKaiser
Apr 19, 2014, 01:16 PM
Ok thanks guys, Now I have some pace of mind. I thought there was no way around 0 slot equipment.

UnLucky
Apr 19, 2014, 06:25 PM
Reminds me of the days when rare weapons could drop without an element.

Now that was unsalvageable.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Apr 19, 2014, 08:05 PM

I remember getting that no element Nishiki when they were like 6 mill each.

Needless to say I was fairly upset.

Shadowth117
Apr 19, 2014, 08:13 PM

No, THIS is unsalvageable ;w;

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/eJhavp0.jpg[/spoiler-box]

...wow I don't know why I had that red talis then.

Macman
Apr 19, 2014, 09:07 PM
No, the most annoying thing is finding two good copies of rare weapons, and they both have 24 element...

Zipzo
Apr 19, 2014, 09:58 PM
Affixing is pretty easy. During boost week, creating three 5slot units only cost like 30mil (that's for all three. 10mil each) or cheaper. All depends on your available resources. If you miss out on boost week just save for the next one.

Average player does not have 30 million meseta to throw at their gear.

Also did you just imply that affixing is easy simply because it becomes a wee bit more tolerable during an extremely temporary and unpredictable week of it's probabilities being boosted slightly?

Sorry, that doesn't make affixing "easy".

UnLucky
Apr 19, 2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah and the cost of acquiring the gear and grinding it isn't as much as affixing, yet the benefits of doing so are much better than affixes.

Stickboy
Apr 19, 2014, 11:55 PM
dudu is annoying

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 20, 2014, 12:02 AM
And that's why I don't affix, folks.

I'm here to enjoy some mob smashing, not try to smash my PC because Dudu.

But if you don't affix, everyone thinks you're a useless block 20'in who can't play pso2 for his life. To many, it's like running around TD with a crafted/half affixed susano. If you have a full affixed unit with all the spirita boosts, then you're automatically chosen as the TD carrier. IMO this is...

Edit: I've seen one guy in TD with an orochi agito 6 slot affixed O.O and his units were 5 slotted each. At that point I just concluded that this guy never sleeps and has no life.

And mob smashing is not possible if you don't have at least 140 pp affixed IMO. As a braver, Kanran really drains pp.

Zorafim
Apr 20, 2014, 12:35 AM
But if you don't affix, everyone thinks you're a useless block 20'in who can't play pso2 for his life.

Perfect. It lets you know what people to blacklist without having to do any work.

Honestly, anything past soul+attack on your armor (maybe spirit) is overkill. You switch your weapons too often to bother affixing those, and anything past the most fundamental affixes won't be noticeable.

Affixing is just a money sink for people who think they have to be the best. In a game where everything dies before you even see it. For people who get millions without trying, great! Have way to show off! For people who don't, then just stop at grinding and maybe throwing in one or two necessities if you need to.

Bellion
Apr 20, 2014, 12:36 AM
Edit: I've seen one guy in TD with an orochi agito 6 slot affixed O.O and his units were 5 slotted each. At that point I just concluded that this guy never sleeps and has no life.

:3
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/pso20140312_063326_005_zps5cadf525.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I actually have fun affixing stuff. It's profitable if you know what the hell you're doing. Grinding on the other hand is just mashing one button 80% of the time.

Hobu
Apr 20, 2014, 12:37 AM
But if you don't affix, everyone thinks you're a useless block 20'in who can't play pso2 for his life. To many, it's like running around TD with a crafted/half affixed susano. If you have a full affixed unit with all the spirita boosts, then you're automatically chosen as the TD carrier. IMO this is...

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. PSO2 is about loli dress up games and having fun. Affixing? Lel.

jooozek
Apr 20, 2014, 12:49 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/pso20140312_063326_005_zps5cadf525.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I actually have fun affixing stuff. It's profitable if you know what the hell you're doing. Grinding on the other hand is just mashing one button 80% of the time.

he's not from ship2, btw

UnLucky
Apr 20, 2014, 12:55 AM
Perfect. It lets you know what people to blacklist without having to do any work.

Honestly, anything past soul+attack on your armor (maybe spirit) is overkill. You switch your weapons too often to bother affixing those, and anything past the most fundamental affixes won't be noticeable.

Affixing is just a money sink for people who think they have to be the best. In a game where everything dies before you even see it. For people who get millions without trying, great! Have way to show off! For people who don't, then just stop at grinding and maybe throwing in one or two necessities if you need to.
Soul+Atk+Boost is really easy to get and always has been, but other than doubling up on HP/PP for your fourth affix it really isn't worth it.

Hell, even if you could put as many +30 Atk boosts as you want, it still wouldn't be worth forcing 6+ slots on everything due to how expensive and random it is.

You don't really switch weapons too often at the level cap. Just like once a month every content update. Plenty of time to bring up your new stuff to the level of your old stuff with all the wealth you can accrue in your daily activity. If you skip every other BiS replacement due to the effort involved in slightly improving your entire arsenal, it gives you even more time to justify powering up your gear.

Bellion
Apr 20, 2014, 01:00 AM
he's not from ship2, btw

Shh, I'm the Ship 2 equivalent that never sleeps and plays 48/7.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 20, 2014, 01:06 AM
But if you don't affix, everyone thinks you're a useless block 20'in who can't play pso2 for his life.

And mob smashing is not possible if you don't have at least 140 pp affixed IMO. As a braver, Kanran really drains pp.

And now on to the thing that is actually the most annoying thing about PSO2: People who think like this!

#Shotsfired :wacko:

.Jack
Apr 20, 2014, 01:24 AM
he's not from ship2, btw

I'm guessing there are players with very good gear in every ship. Why someone would be impressed over a 100M+ setup at this point I don't know.

GuardianGirth
Apr 20, 2014, 07:14 AM
The most annoying things about pso2 are as followed:
1. Lack of invincibility frames after Just reversal/PB animation/getting up after an attack.
2. Inconsistency of attacks that can hit you on the ground.
3. Hitstun on the eye of truth infection.
4. Lack of despairity between damage of small enemies/heavy enemies/bosses. (Fangulf and dicada's shouldnt do 350+ damage while Snow Banthers hit me for 320) Assuming a decent armor setup (lets say caliburn) Small enemies should do 75-150 tops. Heavy enemies should hit for 300-500. Bosses 400-700+.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Apr 20, 2014, 07:22 AM
The most annoying things about pso2 are as followed:
1. Lack of invincibility frames after Just reversal/PB animation/getting up after an attack.
2. Inconsistency of attacks that can hit you on the ground.
3. Hitstun on the eye of truth infection.
4. Lack of despairity between damage of small enemies/heavy enemies/bosses. (Fangulf and dicada's shouldnt do 350+ damage while Snow Banthers hit me for 320) Assuming a decent armor setup (lets say caliburn) Small enemies should do 75-150 tops. Heavy enemies should hit for 300-500. Bosses 400-700+.
lol this is true. As a long time pso player you noticed stuff like this. I just started playing this on my brothers P.C and I noticed this.

To sum up the most annoying things about this game is that it seems stiff and kinda stale. If that made any sense. To newer players of the series they would enjoy this. But this game feels like PSO version 2 on dreamcast with better movement and a combo system. It feels like I played this game before and it's not that deep.

Limbo_lag
Apr 20, 2014, 07:36 AM

Bell OP. Dang it Bell!

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 20, 2014, 11:34 AM

welp, i guess each ship has its own try hard
JK, thats insane affixing you did there, i rip my hair out from just doing some 3/4 slotting, i cant imagine the amount of time and meseta it takes to go 5 slot O__O

Shadowth117
Apr 20, 2014, 11:41 AM
welp, i guess each ship has its own try hard
JK, thats insane affixing you did there, i rip my hair out from just doing some 3/4 slotting, i cant imagine the amount of time and meseta it takes to go 5 slot O__O

Not to downplay Bellion's awesomeness, but that's cute that you think he's unique with that on ship 2. I know some people claim to have done that for around 30 mil during the boost week thought since you're curious.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 20, 2014, 11:43 AM
then tell me something crazier... orochi agito 6 slot is the only thing that amazes me the most. i can care less about anything else tbh.

Shadowth117
Apr 20, 2014, 12:00 PM
Okay, SinCosTan's 7s affixed Psycho Wand. Apparently he decided against 8s purely because of a lack of available fodder.

EvilMag
Apr 20, 2014, 12:03 PM
Okay, SinCosTan's 7s affixed Psycho Wand. Apparently he decided against 8s purely because of a lack of available fodder.

I've seen his Pwand before. needless to say my jaw dropped.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/aSE23xt.png[/spoiler-box]

jooozek
Apr 20, 2014, 12:37 PM
how much did it cost him in total?

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 20, 2014, 12:43 PM
its amazing... but i still think an orochi agito is more amazing, purely because its an orochi agito, and it will out-power any rod any day.

gigawuts
Apr 20, 2014, 12:52 PM
its amazing... but i still think an orochi agito is more amazing, purely because its an orochi agito, and it will out-power any rod any day.

Give it time, you'll be eating these words soon enough.

Shadowth117
Apr 20, 2014, 01:01 PM
how much did it cost him in total?

I have no idea to be honest. My best guess would honestly be somewhere between a fuck and a ton.

But yeah I really don't know.

btw-Niji
Apr 20, 2014, 01:10 PM
And he went Spirita Boost instead of Technique Boost? Lame.

Edit....
Here's something I saw a few weeks ago... [Ship2]
http://i.imgur.com/OrtWI8x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RmueGon.jpg

Really stupid to affix Stamina3/Blow Resist 3, but whatever. His choice.

Zipzo
Apr 20, 2014, 02:03 PM
If only Psycho Wand wasn't kind of useless with the patch coming up...

Macman
Apr 20, 2014, 03:59 PM
Hey, his Ilgrants will be damn good at least. (except next to that 50 light lv3 Ammy user next door)

Krimson
Apr 20, 2014, 07:42 PM
Well Kai-chan affixing can be a real pain or no pain at all you have to decide how worth it adding stuffs is, if it is not gear you want sell or trade if is gear you want then affix low add-ons like arm 1 or body 1 with 100% chance then add the abilities you want slowly or all together ex cube shop gives 30% for 20 ex cubes but mind you anything under 100% can fail again is chance to succeed or fail worth it to you, save big lose or totally fail good luck...

Most annoying thing Imo is dramatic ppl or azzholes but those are everywhere. xD

Enforcer MKV
Apr 20, 2014, 07:48 PM
I've seen his Pwand before. needless to say my jaw dropped.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/aSE23xt.png[/spoiler-box]

Not even 50 light.

Freaking casual. :wacko:

BIG OLAF
Apr 20, 2014, 07:57 PM
Not even 50 light.

Freaking casual. :wacko:

That's the spirit!

gigawuts
Apr 20, 2014, 08:00 PM
imagine finding a pwand and like

21 wind

lol

MetalDude
Apr 20, 2014, 08:07 PM
imagine finding a pwand and like

21 wind

lol

What are you talking about, you got yourself a nice Sazan stick on your hands now.

It is the best tech in the entire game, after all.

gigawuts
Apr 20, 2014, 08:10 PM
ONLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHARGE IT OIAHDSFG;OAUGDSF;IASUDFAHSUOD;IRHBA;SURER ELY/SAZAN 2016

ChinaSue
Apr 20, 2014, 08:11 PM

Edit....

I saw that around too. I also don't really like the unit set he decided to use either. But, I guess he won't ever have to worry about dying.

BIG OLAF
Apr 20, 2014, 08:12 PM
What's all that equate to? 400 extra damage?

gigawuts
Apr 20, 2014, 08:16 PM
What's all that equate to? 400 extra damage?

yes but if something has another 400 hp you'll get to oneshot it

unless you already can

(you probably can)

Dnd
Apr 20, 2014, 08:22 PM

Edit....

Not really stupid, given the units base blow resist, with that aswell as the dps affixes you become a really nice melee tank for when you zondeel + wand gear smack everything. Besides, given the utter stupid cost of affixing 7 slots on units, i think he made a sound choice (Given that stigma cant be with elder soul and mutation + elder soul is hyper rare on 7 slot units, aka, never ever dropping).

Rakurai
Apr 20, 2014, 09:00 PM
I wish they'd redo the hitboxes of all the enemies so they're more consistent.

Dicahda and Predicahda would be annoying enough without hitboxes that are so broken that they can hit you when they're not even facing you. Dagan being able to hit you while you're at the top of a jump is pretty idiotic, as well.

Macman
Apr 20, 2014, 09:53 PM
How about your bullets passing through every part of a Za Oodan except their face and feet?

Nitro Vordex
Apr 20, 2014, 10:08 PM
Also did you just imply that affixing is easy simply because it becomes a wee bit more tolerable during an extremely temporary and unpredictable week of it's probabilities being boosted slightly?

Sorry, that doesn't make affixing "easy".
The fact that such a week even has to exist shows how bad it is.

Also Shoot III Mind I on my knuckles.

http://i.minus.com/ibscAruY9WCs0i.gif

WildarmsRE5
Apr 21, 2014, 02:00 AM
yeap, this is the start of the 7s era.

everyone! prepare your mesetas!!!

Coatl
Apr 21, 2014, 09:41 AM
4slot 2 casual.

gigawuts
Apr 21, 2014, 09:45 AM
4slot 2 casual.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/VxFifjN.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

WildarmsRE5
Apr 21, 2014, 09:56 AM
I think I'm gonna. . . upgrade to 5s next boost week. . .

RadiantLegend
Apr 21, 2014, 10:19 AM
Lock on. It kills me.

chaoko99
Apr 22, 2014, 05:05 PM
what is affixing?

moorebounce
Apr 23, 2014, 12:51 AM
Ok thanks guys, Now I have some pace of mind. I thought there was no way around 0 slot equipment.

If you run across a unit/weapon with 0 slots you can use fodder units/weapons with up to 2 slots. anything else the number of slots have to match. So if you have a unit/weapon with 1 slot your fodder needs to have 1 slot. If your unit/weapon has 2 slots then your fodder needs to have 2 slots and so on. Plus there are Ability Success Rate boosts.

moorebounce
Apr 23, 2014, 12:57 AM
what is affixing?

It can give your weapons/units more attack, defense, HP or PP and a list of other properties.

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-basics-buying-selling-equipping-grinding/#ability