PDA

View Full Version : OTP switch issues

vazzz
Apr 19, 2014, 08:38 PM
So I got a new cell, have all my info for otp. However when i load the OTP app it doesnt allow me to enter in the info? Is it really locked to one device even if the cell # is the same? Please help ;X i used the ios version b4, now trying to use android version.

tuxdude143
Apr 19, 2014, 09:10 PM
Er, you sure your on the right forum mate? I have no clue what your trying to say here.

Sizustar
Apr 19, 2014, 09:56 PM
Contact the SecureOTP support team by calling 03-3500-3463 in Japan or by emailing them at [email protected].

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 19, 2014, 11:17 PM
Er, you sure your on the right forum mate? I have no clue what your trying to say here.

Yes he is on the right forums. I believe he is asking about pso2es (android)

Kikikiki
Apr 19, 2014, 11:24 PM
Yes he is on the right forums. I believe he is asking about pso2es (android)

OTP is a funtion for PC/Vita PSO2, and it uses Android as a medium.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 19, 2014, 11:26 PM
Ahh yea something along those lines... Is it the thing where you use pso2es to purchase ac?

UnLucky
Apr 19, 2014, 11:39 PM
One Time Password

You use it for extra security for the regular game

I've personally never used it, though

Kikikiki
Apr 20, 2014, 01:44 AM
Ahh yea something along those lines... Is it the thing where you use pso2es to purchase ac?

No.

It doesn't have anything to do with PSO2es.

Misaki Ki
Apr 20, 2014, 01:46 AM
It's an extra layer of login for PSO2 that they've been pushing us to use by offering more and more perks.

It's really easy to run into an issue using it, as is the case with the OP though.

Kikikiki
Apr 20, 2014, 01:49 AM
Usually you're supposed to remove the OTP layer before you switch devices. I think I read that somewhere along the notes when setting it up.

Lyrise
Apr 21, 2014, 01:11 AM
So I got a new cell, have all my info for otp. However when i load the OTP app it doesnt allow me to enter in the info? Is it really locked to one device even if the cell # is the same? Please help ;X i used the ios version b4, now trying to use android version.

SecureOTP isn't locked to a single device. That's why they got you to create an account (or rather a user name/password combination) when you first set up SecureOTP. I personally have it running on 3 devices on the same ID.

Android version of SecureOTP app is a bit wonky in that when you try to restore an account, it may give you errors trying to input your info - just keep trying again. The exception is if you're trying to run SecureOTP on a tablet - it just won't work at all; it has to be a phone (which you already mentioned you have).

Also note that when you choose to restore your account, you're provided with 3 selections - Nickname, customer name, and Serial Number. You only need to select one of the 3, and provide that info. Once it verifies the info you put in, it'll ask you for the password you created the first time you set it up. If you forgot this password, you won't have a choice other than to contact SecureOTP using info provided in a previous post. Maybe provide your process and the error messages you're seeing?

schnee4
Apr 21, 2014, 07:56 AM
baby first 2 factor auth
yes, now you useless without old device

DJcooltrainer
Apr 21, 2014, 08:50 AM
Have you tried removing OTP from your account first, then setting it up on the new device? The guide on bumped (http://bumped.org/psublog/otp-one-time-password-registration-guide-for-pso2/) has instructions how to remove it. I just got a new phone last week, though, and didn't have any problems switching over to the new phone.

Lyrise
Apr 21, 2014, 10:17 AM
Removing OTP from your account will not change the situation - Sega already assigned you a license/Serial Number/Seed for OTP, and will continue to use that for your account (which can only be changed by contacting Sega support directly). Meanwhile, SecureOTP will always ask for a password when it detects that the s/n you provide is already in use.

The only thing you'll have achieved in removing then re-establishing OTP on your account is resetting your ingame OTP rewards. (you get the most goodies at 3 months or more, but the moment you disable it, even for one second, it reverts you back to 1 month level)

DJcooltrainer
Apr 23, 2014, 01:46 PM
SecureOTP isn't locked to a single device. That's why they got you to create an account (or rather a user name/password combination) when you first set up SecureOTP. I personally have it running on 3 devices on the same ID.

Android version of SecureOTP app is a bit wonky in that when you try to restore an account, it may give you errors trying to input your info - just keep trying again. The exception is if you're trying to run SecureOTP on a tablet - it just won't work at all; it has to be a phone (which you already mentioned you have).

Also note that when you choose to restore your account, you're provided with 3 selections - Nickname, customer name, and Serial Number. You only need to select one of the 3, and provide that info. Once it verifies the info you put in, it'll ask you for the password you created the first time you set it up. If you forgot this password, you won't have a choice other than to contact SecureOTP using info provided in a previous post. Maybe provide your process and the error messages you're seeing?

How long should I 'keep trying'? When trying to restore my account I enter in my nickname and it just gives me an error saying the information provided is invalid. I know it's not the nickname being wrong, because if I enter in a different ID it gives me a different error. Talk about a pain in the ass...

EDIT: Rebooted phone, then it worked. Nevermind.