PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Elemental+ Elemental Affix

Sinjuda
Apr 21, 2014, 01:15 AM
Hey all I have a Question. If I affix poison to my weapon and its elemental is Dark does that increase the tick damage, or the proc rate? Or is the elemental type just for PA.

UnLucky
Apr 21, 2014, 01:18 AM
Completely separate things.

Sinjuda
Apr 21, 2014, 01:29 AM
Thanks alot ^^

Sizustar
Apr 21, 2014, 02:02 AM
But on certain boss, like Quartz dragon, if you poison them, they will "drip" poison part, and if you hit that part(With dark element tech?) it'll deal extra damage.

Shadowth117
Apr 21, 2014, 02:07 AM
But on certain boss, like Quartz dragon, if you poison them, they will "drip" poison part, and if you hit that part(With dark element tech?) it'll deal extra damage.

...That's still a separate thing. It wouldn't matter what weapon they used although clearly on quartz dark would do the most damage overall one way or another. You're making it sound contradictory to what was already said. (Also for the record, non dark techs would do more damage on that too since it just gets reduced resitance, but eh)

Sinjuda
Apr 21, 2014, 02:32 AM
Yea, I'm making a farming Weapon for Quartz Soul. So I was wondering if stacking Dark would make the ticks hit harder.

UnLucky
Apr 21, 2014, 02:38 AM
Quartz takes no damage from poison itself. If you land poison on him, it replaces the effect with a totally different one.

Every (large) boss does the same thing. Banther cannot have a real Burn effect, it just gets stunned for a bit if it lands, and the status won't deal any damage.

Poison will work normally on Caters, though. And a higher ranked Poison affix will tick for more. But your weapon's element won't affect it.