PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Maintenance 04/23/2014

Manta Oyamada
Apr 21, 2014, 08:27 AM
Weekly Maintenance Details:
Date: 04/23/2014 (Wednesday)
Expected Time Duration: 09:00 ~ 17:00 (GMT+9)
Expected Game Patching Time: 14:00 (GMT+9)
PC Details:
Game Launcher Version: Version 02.02.00
Client Version: ver. 2.0501.0
Game Update Size: 3.5GB (18.4GB For Beginners)
Vita Details: Via "LiveArea"
Client Version: ver.2.23
Game Update Size: 1222MB (6.7GB For Beginners)
Expected New Contents & Changes:
Check pinned post for the entire massive changes this week

by Junko

Shinamori
Apr 21, 2014, 08:55 AM
Can't wait, we get skill tree resets with this update, right?

Lostbob117
Apr 21, 2014, 08:58 AM
Can't wait, we get skill tree resets with this update, right?

Yes, we do.

Macman
Apr 21, 2014, 03:28 PM
Game Update Size: 3.5GB (18.4GB For Beginners)

Godfuckingdamnit fix your stupid prepatcher already so I don't have to put up with this shit, Sega!

Shinamori
Apr 21, 2014, 03:30 PM
I use Tweaker to update, much faster than Sega's.

Macman
Apr 21, 2014, 03:39 PM
That's not the point. It'll take me the entire maintenance period and then some to get this crap downloaded.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Apr 21, 2014, 03:46 PM
That's not the point. It'll take me the entire maintenance period and then some to get this crap downloaded.

Get better download speeds.

Macman
Apr 21, 2014, 04:08 PM
If only it were that simple.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 21, 2014, 04:34 PM
really? i always feel like sega's launcher downloads twice as fast as the tweaker, everytime i use the tweaker it just feels so slow, like 2 hours typically.

Shinamori
Apr 21, 2014, 05:01 PM
That's the reverse for me.

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 05:47 PM
Godfuckingdamnit fix your stupid prepatcher already so I don't have to put up with this shit, Sega!

Sega sincerely apologizes for forcing you to put up with large amounts of free new content.

Daiyousei
Apr 21, 2014, 05:50 PM

"Okay we fixed it"
*prepatcher deletes FFXIV again*

Shadowth117
Apr 21, 2014, 05:58 PM
I don't see why you people are bandwagoning against him. Its perfectly reasonable to desire to be able to download the patch before hand since a lot of big games let people do it now. I'm not someone who does have download speed issues, but for the large amount of people that do I wouldn't want them to have to worry about getting the patch downloaded in a reasonable time span. A lot of the game's audience may live in places where they don't have access to better internet like college dorms etc.

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 06:02 PM
I don't see why you people are bandwagoning against him. Its perfectly reasonable to desire to be able to download the patch before hand since a lot of big games let people do it now. I'm not someone who does have download speed issues, but for the large amount of people that do I wouldn't want them to have to worry about getting the patch downloaded in a reasonable time span. A lot of the game's audience may live in places where they don't have access to better internet like college dorms etc.

Imagine that a friend gives you one dollar every day. One day, he gives you a bag so full of money that it's almost too heavy for you to even drag home. Do you complain about having to drag that huge bag of money home?

gigawuts
Apr 21, 2014, 06:04 PM
Yeah seriously, preloading is a standard thing for a lot of games, especially for patches as large as 3.5 gigs :/

I get that PS fans are sheltered from quality games but seriously, there are limits.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 21, 2014, 06:07 PM
I get that PS fans are sheltered from quality games but seriously, there are limits.

GDI Giga, I nearly spat out my drink I laughed at this so hard.

Still half choking. Bleh.

Dnd
Apr 21, 2014, 06:10 PM
Imagine that a friend gives you one dollar every day. One day, he gives you a bag so full of money that it's almost too heavy for you to even drag home. Do you complain about having to drag that huge bag of money home?

That's.... really not the same. If in this situation, you got a insanely heavy bag of money, you have incentive to drag it home even it's almost too heavy.

Wanting to play a game when the servers go up but unable to because of a huge patch is a different thing, considering sega have had a work-around it in the past with the pre-downloader, it's frustrating to those not with huge download speeds, or stable connections from abroad.

I swear people bash other people around here just for the sake of it nowdays

reptile7383
Apr 21, 2014, 06:12 PM

When Sega starts giving me money then we'll talk, until then your metaphor falls flat.

EvilMag
Apr 21, 2014, 06:15 PM
You know I wouldn't be surprise if Sega pins the blame on dataminers for the reason of no prepatches.

gigawuts
Apr 21, 2014, 06:16 PM
That's.... really not the same. If in this situation, you got a insanely heavy bag of money, you have incentive to drag it home even it's almost too heavy.

Wanting to play a game when the servers go up but unable to because of a huge patch is a different thing, considering sega have had a work-around it in the past with the pre-downloader, it's frustrating to those not with huge download speeds, or stable connections from abroad.

Yup.

A better analogy would be this:

You're renting a place for a great price (It's not actually free, since the water and power are off unless you pay for premium).

The landlord shows up and goes "Hey, great news, I'm upgrading the flat! It'll take 6 hours for it to be ready. You'll love it! We're adding labcoats in the closet and putting a new chapter in the books you've never read."

Then when you say "But I want to go to sleep" your idiot neighbor yells at you that you should just be happy you're getting free things you'll never use.

tl;dr

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/3WqEL.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 06:17 PM

When Sega starts giving me money then we'll talk, until then your metaphor falls flat.

In today's world of DLC, money == content

Also, if incentive wasn't there to download massive patches, then people would be quitting left and right right about now.

MetalDude
Apr 21, 2014, 06:18 PM
... Except this is a game that depends entirely on expansion to work, not a standalone that sustains you on its own.

So no, your analogy is still terrible.

gigawuts
Apr 21, 2014, 06:19 PM

Also, if incentive wasn't there to download massive patches, then people would be quitting left and right right about now.

I don't mean to be insulting, so I'm sorry if I come off that way. I feel like I need to ask this though so I know to leave you alone if you are.

Are you literally retarded?

Macman
Apr 21, 2014, 06:20 PM
You know I wouldn't be surprise if Sega pins the blame on dataminers for the reason of no prepatches.

Probably. I'm more annoyed that they aren't letting you download the update until two thirds into the maintenance.

Also on the subject of tweaker vs launcher. Tweaker does the filechecking faster, but obviously the download speed is bottlenecked on my end so it's the same either way there. :V

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 06:23 PM
... Except this is a game that depends entirely on expansion to work, not a standalone that sustains you on its own.

So no, your analogy is still terrible.

Given how technical you need to go to find fault with my analogy, I'd have to say that it's actually fairly spot-on. It's odd, I never seem to see people calling analogies for opinions they don't support good, the analogy is always 'terrible'. So strange how that works out.

Sizustar
Apr 21, 2014, 06:24 PM
So, how much space will this take on the vita now? ~6.5GB, if you have the actual Episode 2 cartridge?

I'll let you know, after I update my PSO2 vita, ok?

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 06:25 PM
I don't mean to be insulting, so I'm sorry if I come off that way. I feel like I need to ask this though so I know to leave you alone if you are.

Are you literally retarded?

Give me literally any challenge of intelligence level that gives an indisputable result, and I will completely outdo anything you do, I personally guarantee it.

BIG OLAF
Apr 21, 2014, 06:27 PM
Give me literally any challenge of intelligence level that gives an indisputable result, and I will completely outdo anything you do, I personally guarantee it.

I guess someone needed to replace Inazuma as the look-how-smart-i-am fart-sniffer.

Macman
Apr 21, 2014, 06:30 PM

I'm ashamed to live in the same state as you. Good god I can see your ego inflating over the horizon.

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 06:30 PM
I guess someone needed to replace Inazuma as the look-how-smart-i-am fart-sniffer.

In my experience, it's fairly easy to be smarter than someone who uses the term "retarded" incorrectly.

gigawuts
Apr 21, 2014, 06:31 PM

Sounds like a "Yes." to me.

I'll be nice then.

BIG OLAF
Apr 21, 2014, 06:31 PM
I'm ashamed to live in the same state as you. Good god I can see your ego inflating over the horizon.

It's not real ego. It's E-ego. Don't sweat it.

MetalDude
Apr 21, 2014, 06:32 PM
I was going to post a serious response to the earlier quote, but I'm sitting here utterly stunned by the perceived noggin on this idiot.

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 06:32 PM

Confidence of intelligence is now an inflated ego, no wonder the US is falling behind in technology.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Apr 21, 2014, 06:33 PM
So who is ready to feed your mags Blue weapons?

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 06:34 PM
I was going to post a serious response to the earlier quote, but I'm sitting here utterly stunned by the perceived noggin on this idiot.

This forum is a perfect example of reverse psychology in action, say you're one thing and pretty much everyone assumes the opposite.

Mmmm, well, as long as you're stunned, I don't have to listen to your ranting, so carry on, makes it less annoying for me.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 21, 2014, 06:35 PM
Sega sincerely apologizes for forcing you to put up with large amounts of free new content.

Now, to be fair...

Considering Sega used a pre-patcher in the past for large updates, I don't find anything unreasonable with Mac's frustration. Free or no, there's something screwy with a company implementing something like that, and then...not using it. They just need to make sure it works first.

...So stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the game in question doesn't get deleted. Again.

BIG OLAF
Apr 21, 2014, 06:36 PM

It might make me more inclined to make a new range Mag, with less DEX. That, and the new 'Mag camo' thing. That feature is cool; the game needed it from the get-go.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 21, 2014, 06:36 PM
Confidence of intelligence is now an inflated ego, no wonder the US is falling behind in technology.

dont forget education >:O
WATCH OUT! big red china rising over the horizon :grin:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-chinese-thirdgraders-falling-behind-us-high,31464/

Shadowth117
Apr 21, 2014, 06:38 PM
It might make me more inclined to make a new range Mag, with less DEX. That, and the new 'Mag camo' thing. That feature is cool; the game needed it from the get-go.

Watch them make it a choice between a weapon camo and a mag camo.

Maenara
dont forget education >:O
WATCH OUT! big red china rising over the horizon :grin:

Considering that in most of Asia, intelligence is expected, not doubted, pretty much.

gigawuts
Do you think the new mag feature will let us sport our original mag if we give them their first device after the update?

I like the basic mags; I wouldn't want to permanently get rid of one.

Didn't someone say it costs money to switch between models, too? I'm hoping they were wrong, that'd be ridiculous.

pkemr4
i highly doubt the tweaker is faster in any way in terms of downloading.

reptile7383
Apr 21, 2014, 06:42 PM

In my wallet only money == money. DLC isn't going to buy me that hamburger I want.

Sizustar
Apr 21, 2014, 06:44 PM
Do you think the new mag feature will let us sport our original mag if we give them their first device after the update?

I like the basic mags; I wouldn't want to permanently get rid of one.

Didn't someone say it costs money to switch between models, too? I'm hoping they were wrong, that'd be ridiculous.

It should allow you to switch back ot default and what you have used last.
But yes, it will cost AC, hopefully it'll be like a Color change ticket, and you can use a Rappy suit to get it, not not an AC shop item.

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 06:44 PM
In my wallet only money == money. DLC isn't going to buy me that hamburger I want.

Would my analogy make your butt hurt less if I had said the bag was full of Steam gift cards?

Macman
Apr 21, 2014, 06:47 PM
Those are only 7*
I'm gonna murder the hell out of Malmoths for 9* Cornelias and get on the fast track to finishing my tech mag.

reptile7383
Apr 21, 2014, 06:49 PM
Would my analogy make your butt hurt less if I had said the bag was full of Steam gift cards?

Haha. Do you really think that your post hurt my feelings in any way? You aren't even close to being a good enough troll to upset me kid :-P

Maenara
Apr 21, 2014, 06:54 PM
Haha. Do you really think that your post hurt my feelings in any way? You aren't even close to being a good enough troll to upset me kid :-P

Not really, I was just offering up a slight change to my analogy that would align it more perfectly, I was just adding a little humor in. This forum is easy to troll, considering that I voiced an unpopular opinion and multiple people flamed me simply for voicing it and continuing to voice it. I don't really need to do anything special to my posts to be successful.

BIG OLAF
Apr 21, 2014, 06:58 PM
It should allow you to switch back ot default and what you have used last.
But yes, it will cost AC, hopefully it'll be like a Color change ticket, and you can use a Rappy suit to get it, not not an AC shop item.

It costs AC to use a Mag camo or whatever? First I've heard of that.

Sizustar
Apr 21, 2014, 07:00 PM
It costs AC to use a Mag camo or whatever? First I've heard of that.

No, it cost AC to get the new item that allow you to switch between Mag camo used after 4/23.

So for example, if you have saved Miku, Event Rappy, and the Quebly Mag, you can use them all, and get the Mag switch item(Not sure how it'll cost AC, either AC shop or AC item trade like Color change ticket)

Once used, will allow you to pick between all the mag camo you used after the 4/23 update.

BIG OLAF
Apr 21, 2014, 07:03 PM
Oh, so it's a one-time thing. Okay then, that's fine. I thought you meant like it cost 200 AC to switch every time or something.

Sizustar
Apr 21, 2014, 07:09 PM
Oh, so it's a one-time thing. Okay then, that's fine. I thought you meant like it cost 200 AC to switch every time or something.

Think of it like a Color Change pass~

pkemr4
Apr 21, 2014, 07:43 PM
cant wait to see 7-9* rifles,tmgs,launchers,bows jump in price

Skyly
Apr 21, 2014, 07:49 PM
I doubt they will being that they're so abundant

ZERO X SAYA
Apr 21, 2014, 07:52 PM
i cant wait for this update because the game is pretty much boring right. sh aq suck, no real rare weapons worth doing aq so much like last year. after limited quest the game is super stale right now. new DF needs to get here.

Arksenth
Apr 21, 2014, 11:39 PM
I have a Sato mag, so I can't really imagine using the Mag Cell change too often. That mag goes with everything.

Looking forward to what new crafting recipes for techs will come. No-detonate Zondeel, PLEASE.

Also.

Someone is beating me for the contest of biggest attention whore?!

NO.

-slutty magical girl transformation-

Poor people!

Zipzo
Apr 21, 2014, 11:50 PM
i cant wait for this update because the game is pretty much boring right. sh aq suck, no real rare weapons worth doing aq so much like last year. after limited quest the game is super stale right now. new DF needs to get here.

If anything this update is going to make things worse. You're getting a 5 level advantage over content that is already being steamrolled to high heaven.

With the exception of a new boss, there isn't much about this update that I think is worth being excited about except the beginning of some balance changes.

UnLucky
Apr 22, 2014, 12:08 AM
Can't wait for Force to be master race again, and not even on account of the new skill. Simply being able to oneshot trash with ranged AoE is OP as fuck, which the level cap increase within the same difficulty is enough for that to be the case. The element bonus just ensures it.

Oh, and if the mag camo thing costs AC every time you switch, wouldn't it often be cheaper to just buy the mag evo again? It should be a premium feature. Like, for free.

Sizustar
Apr 22, 2014, 12:32 AM
Can't wait for Force to be master race again, and not even on account of the new skill. Simply being able to oneshot trash with ranged AoE is OP as fuck, which the level cap increase within the same difficulty is enough for that to be the case. The element bonus just ensures it.

Oh, and if the mag camo thing costs AC every time you switch, wouldn't it often be cheaper to just buy the mag evo again? It should be a premium feature. Like, for free.

We'll see tomorrow~

Kikikiki
Apr 22, 2014, 05:50 AM

We don't get Ultimate difficulty this update?

jooozek
Apr 22, 2014, 06:07 AM
that's not it's name is going to be but anyway i doubt it's coming tommorrow, they didn't show the usual dripfeed areas with higher level ranges in the trailers but who cares anyway, we will have now all the AQs

Rakurai
Apr 22, 2014, 02:47 PM
I'm curious to see just how much they'll improve the firing speed of launchers.

Hopefully enough that having to use Crazy Smash to get a JA off before everything is dead is a thing of the past.

It also only recently occurred to me that the Sharpshooter skill is perfect for bows, outside of Kamikaze Arrow spamming. Though it's too bad Satellite Cannon is still too OP to make them come even remotely close to rifles against bosses DPS wise.

Shinmarizu
Apr 22, 2014, 04:19 PM
I am looking forward to this update mainly for the story quests. Never thought I'd say that, but yes.

landman
Apr 22, 2014, 05:15 PM
I am looking forward to this update mainly for the story quests. Never thought I'd say that, but yes.
That's usually what maintains me hooked to online updates since PSU, but now I will be avoiding Xion surroundings (and I know I will fail) until there is a green-light on the new story translation.

Shinmarizu
Apr 22, 2014, 05:26 PM
...but now I will be avoiding Xion surroundings (and I know I will fail) until there is a green-light on the new story translation.

Yeah, pretty much this. AIDA, you reading this? You've got at least 2 people "patiently waiting."

Though I think one can grab 1 or 2 MB items before having to touch an event tablet. Wasn't there going to be a feature or something that allowed you to view previous MB/golden event tablets?

Shinamori
Apr 22, 2014, 05:30 PM
That's usually what maintains me hooked to online updates since PSU, but now I will be avoiding Xion surroundings (and I know I will fail) until there is a green-light on the new story translation.

Guess you won't be affixing/grinding anything for a while lol

Xaelouse
Apr 22, 2014, 05:34 PM
Guess I'll play around with volg raptor. yay hunter

landman
Apr 22, 2014, 05:38 PM
Yeah, pretty much this. AIDA, you reading this? You've got at least 2 people "patiently waiting."

Though I think one can grab 1 or 2 MB items before having to touch an event tablet. Wasn't there going to be a feature or something that allowed you to view previous MB/golden event tablets?
That was asked in the SEA Taiwan interview, Sakai simply answered that maybe in the future, but not that they were planing to do it.

And I'd be glad if Aida/Kion updated at least Xion's new MB chat lol

Guess you won't be affixing/grinding anything for a while lol
I have an habit on taking the middle elevator and jumping from the third plant to the tekker :P but been noticing today that I come close to Xion too often...

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 22, 2014, 05:40 PM
force becoming master race *shudders*

Takatsuki
Apr 22, 2014, 06:08 PM

Me three.

Shinmarizu
Apr 22, 2014, 07:23 PM

Hey, I started this game as a Force....*sigh* While I have no problem with Force making a comeback, the way it's doing that is really bothering me.

1) Let's make the best Force setup involve an 11* that has to be ground to +40.

And then, a few months later....

2) Let's make any other setup require rainbow wand/rod-ing.
3) Let's make skills and latents further exacerbate this gamestate.

And the fact that a half-decent setup will now give 11k Il-Megids to everything.

Some time ago Sakai and the dev team say they're going to monitor the gamestate and adjust the game accordingly. Sure. While they've been throwing unbalanced latents, PAs and skills at the game. It's like carving a fine sculpture out of marble, but the first step is throwing grenades at the slab. Sure, you'll make something in the end, but the actual product will be quite small and fragmented.

Kikikiki
Apr 22, 2014, 07:30 PM

A lot of people don't have a problem with Force master race.

What's your problem?

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2014, 07:38 PM
A lot of people don't have a problem with Force master race.

What's your problem?

A lot of people have a problem with anything being master race.

But, we remember this is a Sega game, so we know everything will get its time.

Jkid
Apr 22, 2014, 07:40 PM
The real reason why anticipating the update is the Falz Angel's Boss theme and the Mothership's theme. Already Falz Angel's theme is superior to Dark Falz Elder's "la Sledge of Destruction".

But that will not compare to the upcoming Emergency Quest theme of the New Dark Falz boss battle coming in May. It's as if each Boss theme introduced is better than the previous boss theme.

It's nut!

Kikikiki
Apr 22, 2014, 07:45 PM

Well, yeah, I doubt there would be any other MMORPGs out there without a thing being master race. At least those that I know of.

Also we're talking about PvE here since that's the only thing related to PSO2.

So... yeah. I guess I've just accepted that.

Vintasticvin
Apr 22, 2014, 07:57 PM
*Patiently waits for the that one person to start having a freak out due to PSO2 withdrawls* Specially those ones who make an account here just to ask when the servers are going to come back up and have a massive shit storm when we tell them.

Friyn
Apr 22, 2014, 07:58 PM

Master race, overpowered or FOTM, it's all the same. It's something that can be found in every game. It's not something you can even get rid of, as it'd require perfect balance which isn't achievable.
Personally I have nothing against FOTM, if it's done right. If a class X has overall 10% to 20% higher "performance" when compared to other classes, it's acceptable. It doesn't render other classes useless nor does it hurt the game itself. But if certain class excels in every category and is more or less unmatched, it's no longer acceptable as it hurts even the game itself. Braver would be a prime example here, or rather, Shunka-Shunran.

Sanguine2009
Apr 22, 2014, 08:33 PM

i wish! i cant ever see techer being master race without massive buffs(much larger than s roll or shunka were) :argh:

Rakurai
Apr 22, 2014, 08:38 PM
Techer is fundamentally flawed with how they keep trying to push its lacking support options.

Increasing the duration of Shifta and Deband by a minute isn't going to make more people want to play it. Increasing the duration of Zanverse and Megiverse on the other hand, would've been much better.

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2014, 08:44 PM
Master race, overpowered or FOTM, it's all the same. It's something that can be found in every game. It's not something you can even get rid of, as it'd require perfect balance which isn't achievable.
Personally I have nothing against FOTM, if it's done right. If a class X has overall 10% to 20% higher "performance" when compared to other classes, it's acceptable. It doesn't render other classes useless nor does it hurt the game itself. But if certain class excels in every category and is more or less unmatched, it's no longer acceptable as it hurts even the game itself. Braver would be a prime example here, or rather, Shunka-Shunran.

This whole idea that since perfection is unachievable so Sega can and should do whatever the fuck they want to whatever the fuck they want however the fuck they want is apologist bullshit and needs to stop before the stupidity infects the rest of us and we have to shit in diapers as we lose all control of our bowels as our brains begin to literally rot in our skulls.

You can minimize imbalances on the fly, even if you can't launch a game with minimized imbalances. But the balance issues in this game are glaring and obvious on paper - just the plain concepts and numbers behind these classes - nevermind after having been in the game for months. Sega is literally paid to get this shit right and fails, fails, fails, fails, fails, then fails some more, and doesn't even realize it.

Anyone with any amount of knowledge in games - nay, in a three dimensional environment - can point out the flaws with giving forces the same (or better) 1shot capabilities and dps as melee classes considering one has to run to individual mobs and the other has a giant purple hand that flies through walls.

So stop it. Stop replying to "We don't want a master race" with "YOU'LL NEVER HAVE PERFECTION." We didn't ask for perfection. You're making Sega fans look bad (Which, and I say this with all sincerity, is actually a really impressive feat so at least you've got that going on).

Gama
Apr 22, 2014, 08:49 PM
damage wise im happy with TE/FO.

im not very happy with the fact that support sucks.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 22, 2014, 08:53 PM
when i imagine force being a master race, its worse than shunka. At least you can get instakilled by mobs if you shunka incorrectly, and you will die if you dont know how to shunka a caterdran. BUT FORCE MAN FORCE its the support class who flies around with a blue wand in hand far away from the enemy where they can't get hit and spamming their little breezes at enemies. Now you can even see these little forces shooting black hands with homing on enemies + shunka-esque damage.... AND THEY CANT EVEN GET HIT BY ENEMIES BECAUSE THEY STAY IN THE BACK. in my opinion, anything that doesnt get into an enemies face should not have anything remotely strong in terms of offense and should just concentrate on support. because that is what you are, a support class, deal with it.

Natsu Nem
Apr 22, 2014, 08:53 PM
My job is done. After I'm done with my FO's rainbow set, I'm leveling up and playing a FI.

Sizustar
Apr 22, 2014, 08:59 PM
How about let's wait and see how it works first, before talking about how it'll break the game.
Worse, it'll be like the Great lightning age, before the zonde nerf

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2014, 09:04 PM
My job is done. After I'm done with my FO's rainbow set, I'm leveling up and playing a FI.

Yes yes, anyone can play the current weakest or most limited class and watch as somehow it gets boosted later on.

It's like Sega monitors class usage stats and throws numbers at the least used classes and has done this since 1999.

No, wait, it's not like that, that's literally what's been happening.

Ice is underused and bad -> initial boost -> still underused -> another boost -> still underused -> fuck it just give it the strongest single-target DPS tech in the game

This is how they always do shit. Fighter, techer, and hunter are all possibilities for the eventual upcoming boost, especially since they all got such paltry skills this time around.

Now, if you were to do something of significance in a game where skill mattered worth a damn, then there would be room for debate about skill and shit. Nobody comes to PSO2 to show off how good their thumbs are at pushing buttons, though.

Rakurai
Apr 22, 2014, 09:05 PM
I don't think a 25% damage boost is going to break FO.

I also don't see anything wrong them being able to murder mobs of enemies faster then everyone else when practically every class in the game outdoes them at single target DPS, and to a huge degree.

If Il Barta gets an efficiency customization, though, that definitely will break them.

jooozek
Apr 22, 2014, 09:08 PM
wasn't it 25% on just the first point? i.e. 50% on all five points

Rakurai
Apr 22, 2014, 09:10 PM
It takes 50% of the weapon's element value at max level and turns into bonus damage, so you get a 25% damage boost with 50 element.

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2014, 09:13 PM
It's 50% of your weapon's element, amounting to a maximum of 1.25x damage.

Force is very much a oneshot-or-noshot class, like ranger. If it can't oneshot trash things suddenly slow down enough that it's not the optimum choice to take.

This is fine for some attacks. Diffuse shell oneshotting trash? Cool.

Give Il Megid oneshot ability though? Yeah, not so cool anymore. 25% will bring us up to ~8k damage on enemies not weak to dark. That's not actually too bad. Just that 25% isn't bad so far. But, then, 25% isn't the problem. Nobody thought 25% would be a problem for Fury Stance either. Turns out, it was the other collection of skills combined with a mainclass that made Fury Stance as ridiculous as it currently is.

When Brave Stance Up 2 comes out well geared forces will be dropping >10k damage Il Megids to things not even weak to dark. Now you're approaching a problem. Force as a main is being balanced with its weak subs. Give it a strong sub and it's going to be steamrolling shit left right and center.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 22, 2014, 09:13 PM
It takes 50% of the weapon's element value at max level and turns into bonus damage, so you get a 25% damage boost with 50 element.

added with ancient oath... i wonder what will happen.

Valimer
Apr 22, 2014, 09:14 PM
This whole idea that since perfection is unachievable so Sega can and should do whatever the fuck they want to whatever the fuck they want however the fuck they want is apologist bullshit and needs to stop before the stupidity infects the rest of us and we have to shit in diapers as we lose all control of our bowels as our brains begin to literally rot in our skulls.

You can minimize imbalances on the fly, even if you can't launch a game with minimized imbalances. But the balance issues in this game are glaring and obvious on paper - just the plain concepts and numbers behind these classes - nevermind after having been in the game for months. Sega is literally paid to get this shit right and fails, fails, fails, fails, fails, then fails some more, and doesn't even realize it.

Anyone with any amount of knowledge in games - nay, in a three dimensional environment - can point out the flaws with giving forces the same (or better) 1shot capabilities and dps as melee classes considering one has to run to individual mobs and the other has a giant purple hand that flies through walls.

So stop it. Stop replying to "We don't want a master race" with "YOU'LL NEVER HAVE PERFECTION." We didn't ask for perfection. You're making Sega fans look bad (Which, and I say this with all sincerity, is actually a really impressive feat so at least you've got that going on).

Gigawuts if I ever had a reason to like you, it would be because of this post.

Gama
Apr 22, 2014, 09:17 PM
does this mean ill need ranbow rods? come on i dont want to waste space. ._.

id rather stay with wands.

Manta Oyamada
Apr 22, 2014, 09:22 PM
Official PSO2 Patching Begins!

Sizustar
Apr 22, 2014, 09:29 PM
does this mean ill need ranbow rods? come on i dont want to waste space. ._.

id rather stay with wands.

Even if the element doesn't match, you should still get a small bonus as the skill description goes, but how much is not known yet.

10~15% if element doesn't match?

HIT0SHI
Apr 22, 2014, 09:38 PM
Patching has begun! Try to update now before traffic comes!

Radical Dreamer
Apr 22, 2014, 09:43 PM
Now, if you were to do something of significance in a game where skill mattered worth a damn, then there would be room for debate about skill and shit. Nobody comes to PSO2 to show off how good their thumbs are at pushing buttons, though.

And yet PSO2 still has those "pro" players that constantly denounce anyone who doesn't follow their "optimum" strategy as scrubs. *sigh*

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2014, 09:46 PM
I like to tell myself they're just "being ironic."

Shinamori
Apr 22, 2014, 09:48 PM
I wonder what the Soul affixes will be and will it alter the price of Soul affixes.

Sizustar
Apr 22, 2014, 09:51 PM
I wonder what the Soul affixes will be and will it alter the price of Soul affixes.

Well, PSO2es is getting a new ability that increase soul affix, it's only obtaibale in PSO2es.

Macman
Apr 22, 2014, 09:55 PM
I wonder how much it'll sell for...

Uncle_bob
Apr 22, 2014, 10:02 PM
t's only obtaibale in PSO2es.

Sweet. I can't wait for mandatory Facebook integration in PSO2 as well.

Just imagine having an ad prompt after defeating a boss:

Yell "McDonalds!" into your microphone to receive your loot!

Shinmarizu
Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM

A 10% boost to soul affixing would drive the market upwards significantly. Currently the magic numbers are 50% and 80%, and such a boost will cause people to buy out the fodder and +10% affix boosters and give things a shot.

Even with the RNG disguised as non-real math.

But keep in mind that math probability doesn't work in PSO2, and the market swings wildly - the prices of fodder will jack up regardless of whatever the boost is.

Which means Sega will decide on 5% just to slap us all in the face. Prove me wrong, Sega... I dare you.

Xaelouse
Apr 22, 2014, 10:19 PM
FO finally getting better and better, and then once they peak Ultimate mode will be out and knock them down...
but enjoy your reign during summer, FO

RollTheDice
Apr 22, 2014, 10:20 PM
Is there going to be a new Ac scratch next week?

HIT0SHI
Apr 22, 2014, 10:21 PM
when is the next AC scratch list coming out? Next week?

Well aside from this new scratch that we are getting today, in about 2-3 weeks give or take.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 22, 2014, 11:10 PM
FO finally getting better and better, and then once they peak Ultimate mode will be out and knock them down...
but enjoy your reign during summer, FO

*Whistles 'This little light of mine' *

Edit: Phooey on it, cue gospel singers.

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx3nTsFJEQE[/SPOILER-BOX]

jooozek
Apr 22, 2014, 11:21 PM
im more curious as to what are the changes to tekking, what the fuck are the special abilities

Vetur
Apr 22, 2014, 11:21 PM
I'm glad they let you download updates during the maintenance at all... most games I have played don't even let you begin to update until after it's done. XD

3+ GB is pretty big though. o_o

Vintasticvin
Apr 22, 2014, 11:24 PM
*Whistles 'This little light of mine' *

Edit: Phooey on it, cue gospel singers.

AMEN BROTHAS AND SISTAS PRAISE THE GREAT LIGHT MY FELLOW FORCES AND TECHERS AMEN I SAY AMEN AND PRAISE GREAT LIGHT FOR THIS BOOST WERE GETTING!

RollTheDice
Apr 22, 2014, 11:47 PM
Well aside from this new scratch that we are getting today, in about 2-3 weeks give or take.

Oh nvm then.. For whatever reason i was thinking we weren't getting a new today.

XTREEMMAK
Apr 22, 2014, 11:53 PM
Hey all,

Brand new to PSO2 (just started last weekend). I had everything working until the recent update. Now I can't seem to update the English patch using the latest version of tweaker. Anyone else having trouble? I keep getting a failed notice.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 22, 2014, 11:57 PM
Hey all,

Brand new to PSO2 (just started last weekend). I had everything working until the recent update. Now I can't seem to update the English patch using the latest version of tweaker. Anyone else having trouble? I keep getting a failed notice.

Trying to update the English Patch?

It might not be available yet. Just give it a few hours.

Vintasticvin
Apr 23, 2014, 12:00 AM
Hey all,

Servers offline for the night and the patch hasn't been made yet.

Rakurai
Apr 23, 2014, 12:11 AM
The patch notes are up now.

I can't comprehend what changes they made to Soul abilities from Google Translate, and I doubt the increase to Dark Falz Elder's drop rate is going to be anything substantial.

Macman
Apr 23, 2014, 12:48 AM
It's probably an increase to his 11* items. AKA shit everyone has in droves already.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 23, 2014, 12:50 AM
It's probably an increase to his 11* items. AKA shit everyone has in droves already.

Apparently Regular Falz is being replaced with Super Falz. So maybe not.

Keywords being 'apparently' and 'maybe'

AkumaYouji
Apr 23, 2014, 12:54 AM
I downloaded the patch on my desktop in about 10-20 mins and my laptop in about 30 mins due to being on wifi. I was surprised it downloaded at all quite honestly haha

Nitro Vordex
Apr 23, 2014, 01:17 AM
Yeah seriously, preloading is a standard thing for a lot of games, especially for patches as large as 3.5 gigs :/

I assumed they stopped doing prepatches when they started wiping hard drives.

Aine
Apr 23, 2014, 01:34 AM
Apparently Regular Falz is being replaced with Super Falz. So maybe not.

Keywords being 'apparently' and 'maybe'

regular falz is definitely being replaced by super falz permanently (super falz will occur randomly now)

most exciting change this update imo

btw no mention of braver and gunner nerfs, i think they realize how op force is going to be when il megido gets even stronger with the new skill

Rakurai
Apr 23, 2014, 01:39 AM
They said any nerfs would come after the April 23 update.

Il Megid getting nerfed would be logical, considering that it presently overshadows every Dark technique other then Na Megid, and totally outclasses most other AoE techs, as well.

Vetur
Apr 23, 2014, 01:59 AM
I kind of hope they don't nerf Il Megid, cause it seems to be the one thing making my force better at killing than my braver(without the risk involved with charging Na Megid and Il Foie). :(

I thought it already seemed kinda nerfed how it hits some things(like the small mammoths) and bosses only once, anyway... Plus the high PP cost. >_<

Mesarthim
Apr 23, 2014, 02:04 AM
The only thing I hate about Il Megid is when I use a Talis on close ranged small enemies (or slopes) and it gets lodged in the ground and Il Megid won't launch outside the talis (only hitting enemies on top of the spot in the ground where the talis is stuck). It's like ugh screw it and I either have to swap to rod or relaunch the talis at another angle (or distance).

Been playing this game since April 1st and I'm already familiar with the ups and downs of the Force :x

Vetur
Apr 23, 2014, 02:07 AM
Yeah it does have its' downs... like it kept getting stuck outside of the rails of the S Tunnels after hitting the first enemy. :(

Bellion
Apr 23, 2014, 02:48 AM
Ahahahaha, Assault Rifle got sped up quite a bit and so did the launcher.
I'm doing 14k Divines on non-weakpoints and 38k on weakpoints.
30k Cluster Bullets, hah.

selken
Apr 23, 2014, 02:52 AM
Hello , i was wondering if this update and new scratch is the best moment to spend AC in scratch for making money ? i mean which scratch will be the more expansive now ?

thanks you very much

Vetur
Apr 23, 2014, 03:07 AM
Hello , i was wondering if this update and new scratch is the best moment to spend AC in scratch for making money ? i mean which scratch will be the more expansive now ?

thanks you very much

We won't know until the game's up, and then we'd have to wait for the new items' prices to stabilize to see which is better. XD

Though, the female school uniforms from the Cosmic School Life scratch are still in the millions(blue, red, black, white)... And it seems most of the outfits from the new one are re-releases or re-colors of older stuff.

selken
Apr 23, 2014, 03:10 AM
So i better should spend it on the schoolgirl one?

thans you very much :)

and the update took me 15min to dl , thanks Aida :)

Arialle
Apr 23, 2014, 03:12 AM
Can anyone confirm if falz angel is only accessible from new map and that new map needs completion of story mode to a certain level to unlock?

Vetur
Apr 23, 2014, 03:19 AM
Um, I really hope the new outfits (イロイスアルキュリア and セミナリオントール) are wearable by casts... >_< I was kind of planning my new cast character around the male one. :( But wonder if the multiple colors available means it might only be for non-cast, or if it's available for all races...

alexiuschan
Apr 23, 2014, 03:23 AM
I'm half way through download patch. Just started 15 minutes ago. Using the Tweaker, too.

landman
Apr 23, 2014, 04:34 AM
So... I was atracted by the new wind mastery requirements... and decided to sacrifice Shifta in order to have 11 lvls of wind mastery... now with the FO boost my fire techs deal the same damage they dealt before using shifta.... it's either I'm missing shifta advance 10 or the FO boost is not that exciting.