PDA

View Full Version : Vita Buying a PSV S, Need Some Good News!

pinkace
Apr 21, 2014, 05:48 PM
Hello, I am Pinkace! You might remember from some games as PSO, PSO v2, PSO Ep 1&2, PSO Ep3, PSO BB, PSU, PSP, PSP 2, and PSZ. You probably will NOT remember me from such games as PSO2 because I can't read Japanese menus :(

But anyways, enough about me. I plan to buy the Vita Slim when it comes out and want to play PSO 2 very badly. I heard the Vita version came out in Europe. Is this available in Engrish?

Thanks,

Sizustar
Apr 21, 2014, 05:55 PM
There has been no official word on any other region release of PSO2 Vita version.

PC version currently only has, Japan origional
Sea region in English, but IP blocked to SEA region
Taiwan Chinese version, which has the support of the Japanese development team, making custom outfit and weapon, but Gamania is even more money hungry then Sega, so NO outfit trading, and most likely will have other "Chinese" feature such as RMT, as there is a official accredited online business that sell RMT for Online game and Mobage in the Taiwan Region.

There is no official word or release planned for a EU version, the English US version has been annonuced for 2 year, but no new news has been announced, even after last month, when a report from a gaming site contacted SOA, the official word is, it is not canceled, and just wait.

blace
Apr 21, 2014, 06:54 PM
If you're planning on getting a Vita for PSO2 and are hoping for any kind of localization, the closest you'll get is to play it on PC with the patches. Nothing on the Vita is translated and will remain that way until official word from an actual Sega representative makes any announcement regarding the game.

So on that front, if you only plan on getting a Vita just for PSO2 and can't be bothered with the language barrier, you'll want to look at other games on the system you actually want.

ShinMaruku
Apr 21, 2014, 07:09 PM
Wait til e3 to hear about pso2 in the west. It may be coming soon. I am gonna set detective gaf on that bitch.

Zipzo
Apr 21, 2014, 07:39 PM
Hello, I am Pinkace! You might remember from some games as PSO, PSO v2, PSO Ep 1&2, PSO Ep3, PSO BB, PSU, PSP, PSP 2, and PSZ. You probably will NOT remember me from such games as PSO2 because I can't read Japanese menus :(

But anyways, enough about me. I plan to buy the Vita Slim when it comes out and want to play PSO 2 very badly. I heard the Vita version came out in Europe. Is this available in Engrish?

Thanks,

Like 1 minute of research or less would show you that there is a nearly top to bottom English patch for PSO2, and the Vita one would be incapable of harnessing it.

It's cool that you're a PSO vet but these are not things that we should be holding your hand to figure out with so many easy resources readily available.

pinkace
Apr 23, 2014, 09:31 PM
Like 1 minute of research or less would show you that there is a nearly top to bottom English patch for PSO2, and the Vita one would be incapable of harnessing it.

It's cool that you're a PSO vet but these are not things that we should be holding your hand to figure out with so many easy resources readily available.

Hi Zipzo,

I tried installing the patches but the language on the menu could not be changed. I actually worked in IT and can tell you that the patches are all shoddy. I could never get it to work anyways.

Thanks for staying on topic though :) I guess I'll just hope & pray for a PSVita release.

Triple_S
Apr 23, 2014, 10:02 PM
I dunno what menu you're talking about but the English patch translates most of the game, especially the menus. Clearly you screwed something up. The Tweaker is pretty self-explanatory, and aside from a few bugs with the latest release it's solid enough to get the job done without fault, barring user error.

Oh, and when you say "the patches are all shoddy," are you referring to the English patches we have available? If you are, I can almost guarantee that you have no goddamn idea what you're talking about.

schnee4
Apr 23, 2014, 10:04 PM
enjoy $200 DRM

pinkace
Apr 26, 2014, 01:01 AM
I dunno what menu you're talking about but the English patch translates most of the game, especially the menus. Clearly you screwed something up. The Tweaker is pretty self-explanatory, and aside from a few bugs with the latest release it's solid enough to get the job done without fault, barring user error.

Oh, and when you say "the patches are all shoddy," are you referring to the English patches we have available? If you are, I can almost guarantee that you have no goddamn idea what you're talking about.

I followed the instructions to the letter and even posted on the boards for help but could not get the menus in english. Almost everything was in english, just not the menus (as in when you press the start button to get your items list & weapon names)

I tried them when they first came out and at that time they were shoddy. I mean, this is all homebrew stuff in a way, I'm not expecting the fonts to match the case or fit inside the chat bubbles, but you are welcome to help me understand what I did wrong.

GoldenFalcon
Apr 26, 2014, 01:34 AM
You might be a little too arrogant

The base english patch translates menus, and was the first translation they did. It's a wonder you couldn't get it to work.

jooozek
Apr 26, 2014, 02:39 AM
inb4 only installed story patch or large files

pinkace
Apr 27, 2014, 12:35 AM
You might be a little too arrogant

The base english patch translates menus, and was the first translation they did. It's a wonder you couldn't get it to work.

Could be. But the instruction on this site, like mentioned by other posters, are pretty f**king clear. I don't think I missed a step, and it's not like I tried half-assed-ly to play the latest game in what probably is my favorite game series.

Again, if anyone wants to point out why I can't get engrish menus, I humbly welcome the help. Otherwise, I've had enough destructive criticism.

Also, I understand that I won't be able to play it in english on Vita either. So yeah this is pretty horrible...

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 27, 2014, 01:07 AM
There is the Main English Patch
then there is the Large English Patch
If you downloaded only the large...

Yeah you need the main too

and make sure the patches are up to date too

Squall179
Apr 27, 2014, 01:37 AM
Additionally, if I remember correctly, Item names are still not translated in the main patch, its a separate thing. Is that what you might be talking about, the lack of translated items?

pinkace
Apr 27, 2014, 05:04 PM
Additionally, if I remember correctly, Item names are still not translated in the main patch, its a separate thing. Is that what you might be talking about, the lack of translated items?

FOR F**KING PETE'S SAKE YES!!!

So what you have proven is that everyone on this thread, besides you, that said I didn't do it right is a moron and an idiot and fails reading comprehension.

Thanks Squall.

EDIT: OK maybe I'm being mean, but I went back to each of my posts and bolded exactly what I meant and still no one got it. Really people, you need to read before replying.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 27, 2014, 05:23 PM
All your post and bolds refer to the menu, not item menu.
The exception would be your third post, but it can still be seen as "the menu that leads to the items menu", so it still wasn't that clear..

You have to be more elaborate when you're discussing menus. People don't associate menu with the items, because that's more of a window. What's refered to as menus are pretty much the bar of options that appear when you press the ESC button.

Just pointin this out. Next time state something like Item Menu, it'll be a lot more clear then

I went back to each of my posts and bolded exactly what I meant and still no one got it.
It might be because you edited your posts right after you posted this one, or that's what the forum is telling me

blace
Apr 27, 2014, 05:42 PM
Generally saying menu refers to the entirety of the drop down menu. There was no mention of items or item names in previous posts.

That left everything misconstrued and invariably showed off what PSOW has become..

Nitro Vordex
Apr 27, 2014, 06:28 PM
The item patch isn't fully translated I think. Then again, the items are rather self explanatory, and anything in japanese you can just copy/paste and cross reference with cirno or the like.

Unless you run a toaster that can't open the browser. :???:

pinkace
Apr 28, 2014, 08:42 PM
I was clear enough, but meh, I'll take a win when I can get it. Thanks anyways.

Squall179
Apr 28, 2014, 09:27 PM
FOR F**KING PETE'S SAKE YES!!!

So what you have proven is that everyone on this thread, besides you, that said I didn't do it right is a moron and an idiot and fails reading comprehension.

Thanks Squall.

EDIT: OK maybe I'm being mean, but I went back to each of my posts and bolded exactly what I meant and still no one got it. Really people, you need to read before replying.

Glad to be of assistance, the Squirrel King likes to help when possible hehe