chaoko99
Apr 22, 2014, 05:09 PM
I might pop in, granted that my router will stop sucking SOOOO hard

FireswordRus
Apr 26, 2014, 08:36 PM
bumped

Shinamori
Apr 26, 2014, 09:44 PM
Odd, live is an when TD is suppose to happen lol.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 27, 2014, 01:15 AM
This just stated NOW.

HIT0SHI
Apr 27, 2014, 01:28 AM
Started*?

If so I'll just wait for the re-streamed one.

Niagara
Apr 27, 2014, 01:32 AM
My god, the Falz fight... seems epic.

Also...time stop technic ? WHAT.

oratank
Apr 27, 2014, 01:33 AM
seem like df loser is stand user. he can use the world

Ezodagrom
Apr 27, 2014, 01:41 AM
Trailers so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz43ZD0wvcc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnRo4yWcQzc

Kilich
Apr 27, 2014, 01:52 AM
Two words and a particle.
Toki wo tomare!

Arksenth
Apr 27, 2014, 01:59 AM
A new XQ? I thought all three sets were out though? Unless they're expanding it more?

Ezodagrom
Apr 27, 2014, 02:00 AM
A new XQ? I thought all three sets were out though? Unless they're expanding it more?
Floors 61~70.

Uncle_bob
Apr 27, 2014, 02:02 AM
Floors 61~70.

Wow it's like they don't want people to run XQs

cheapgunner
Apr 27, 2014, 02:04 AM
They better make some kind of trade-in tokens for XQ passes then. I mean, I have enough passes for like 5 full loops for 70 floors but idunno if I would wanna run that many for a couple ores and such. >.>

Macman
Apr 27, 2014, 02:12 AM
They're all level 70 with 11-12* weapons. (except that one poor guy with extended Tourmalinkas, he alone is preventing gunner getting nerfed: "Look how weak i am!")
They play the imitation Falz Arm quest on Very Hard.

People cheer for their victory... against a boss 15 levels under them.

I'm at maximum rustle.

Arksenth
Apr 27, 2014, 02:12 AM
=/ I'm sitting on 202 passes, I don't have any incentive to run XQ because the weapons are all kind of subpar (especially the wand, c'mon, who slaps a Technic-Only JA latent on a hybrid weapon).

Doesn't look like they're adding a new trade-in weapon series, or else they would have previewed it..?

oratank
Apr 27, 2014, 02:19 AM
lol the world kill eveyone at once

Ezodagrom
Apr 27, 2014, 02:19 AM
They're all level 70 with 11-12* weapons. (except that one poor guy with extended Tourmalinkas, he alone is preventing gunner getting nerfed: "Look how weak i am!")
They play the Falz quest on Very Hard.

People cheer for their victory... against a boss 15 levels under them.

I'm at maximum rustle.
They all died, MPA wipe. :>

Sanguine2009
Apr 27, 2014, 02:21 AM
visions of b20 wipes

Niagara
Apr 27, 2014, 02:22 AM
That party wipe looks so fun.

...yes im weird.

Macman
Apr 27, 2014, 02:28 AM
They all died, MPA wipe. :>
They did that on purpose. They literally just stood around fake-freaking out. I'm not satisfied.

Sizustar
Apr 27, 2014, 02:32 AM
They did that on purpose. They literally just stood around fake-freaking out. I'm not satisfied.

Only one person can move in that attack.

Ezodagrom
Falz froze almost everyone (some sort of time stopping ability), apparently only one of them could move?

Macman
Except the one person moving (the one recording) did a bunch of nothing. There's way too much troll potential with that.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 27, 2014, 02:33 AM

Actually, no. That was a time stopping attack. Everyone that wasn't moving was frozen by it. Not sure how that one guy avoided being stopped though. Guessing Combat Escape.

By the looks of it, it appears that everyone that avoids being frozen by the time stop needs to smash up the swords, or they'll end up facing a party wipe.

EDIT: That guy did a whole bunch of nothing the entire run. Everyone involved was atrocious.

Kilich
Apr 27, 2014, 02:34 AM

Once again, Sega is to blame for everything, regardless.

oratank
Apr 27, 2014, 02:39 AM
wow valkyrie are back. now i can buy syvalia hair for my alternate character

Ezodagrom
Apr 27, 2014, 02:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_ppnsWx7I

Rakurai
Apr 27, 2014, 02:43 AM
That time stop Falz uses is going to be horrifying if it really means depending on one player to save everyone from the attack.

I just hope they weren't too strict with the amount of damage that needs to be dealt to stop it for the sake of the classes that don't have good burst damage like FO or TE without Elysion.

Wow it's like they don't want people to run XQs

You get 25 ores instead of 15 as the clear reward, so it's worth it.

Macman
Apr 27, 2014, 02:57 AM
Hmm episode 2 side story quest now?

oratank
Apr 27, 2014, 02:59 AM
am afraid random mpa gonna wipe in this DF eq for sure like in td2

Kilich
Apr 27, 2014, 03:01 AM
Well, now we know who Matoi is.

Ezodagrom
Apr 27, 2014, 03:03 AM
Story trailer (contains a spoiler from the newest chapter, Episode 2 Chapter 5):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_GxqHXOrio

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 27, 2014, 03:14 AM
?PSO2?SEGA???2 ?6?????????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_ppnsWx7I)

Aww yeah. I had hoped ages ago for more Valkyria Chronicles stuff, and now it's finally happening. I'm glad Selvaria's hair is being revived, and I'm glad Alicia gets some love as well.

Triple_S
Apr 27, 2014, 03:17 AM
>Sonic mag

I like it, but... if there's not a Tails mag, I may cry softly.

Kondibon
Apr 27, 2014, 03:22 AM
I saw a baseball bat sword/wand camo. Everything else is irrelevant to me now.

Rakurai
Apr 27, 2014, 03:25 AM
I noticed that they're implementing a new event system down the line.

I hope that will put an end to those drought periods where you could go almost a whole day without any events happening.

landman
Apr 27, 2014, 03:28 AM
?PSO2?SEGA???2 ?6?????????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_ppnsWx7I)

Drools

Majima win win
Ulala win win winwinnnn
Kazuma Shinsengumi?? no no no... I wanted his grey suit since last year collaboration :(

BTW: the Valkyrian Lance, what weapon is it? I don't play melee so I don't recognize the Photon Art.

Shinamori
Apr 27, 2014, 03:28 AM
Anyone has the fight uploaded with DF? I missed it =E.

Rakurai
Apr 27, 2014, 04:02 AM
Anyone has the fight uploaded with DF? I missed it =E.

Here. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Z6Kn7gtSA)

From watching the video again, it looks like there's indeed only a single person who gets freed from the time stop.

Hopefully, destroying some of the swords will at least lower the damage to survivable levels if you can't get rid of all of them in time.

TaigaUC
Apr 27, 2014, 04:05 AM
It's SEGA's way of making people buy Scape Dolls.
Or teaching idiots how to use Moon Atomizer. Hopefully.

Or maybe they're just giving us a use for all these Half Dolls.

Macman
Apr 27, 2014, 04:10 AM
Gonna be the biggest blacklist-fest ever. People are going to just dance when they aren't frozen and laugh as everyone dies.

"ololololol no lavis balde 4 u xD"

Or what if the unfrozen person gets 603'd...

Kondibon
Apr 27, 2014, 04:13 AM
The whole time stop thing seems like a mechanic for orginized group content. Not something you'd be doing with randoms. I really wish they'd pull back with these EQs and give us another way to do this stuff, even if it's at the end of a long normal mission. :/

Sanguine2009
Apr 27, 2014, 04:14 AM
maybe tanky builds will finally have a good use!:lol:

Shinamori
Apr 27, 2014, 04:15 AM
lol Ichitaro "I failed as Braver..."

Rakurai
Apr 27, 2014, 04:20 AM
Considering that the attack did 1.5K damage just on VH, it'll likely do considerably more on SH, and might not be survivable just with the damage reduction from Tech Flash Guard.

Would be nice if it was a Dark element attack so the ample Dark resistance on some unit sets could be of some use.

Kondibon
Apr 27, 2014, 04:27 AM
BTW: the Valkyrian Lance, what weapon is it? I don't play melee so I don't recognize the Photon Art.Looked like ass buster.

lol Ichitaro "I failed as Braver..."He was in guard stance the whole time. >_>

Considering that the attack did 1.5K damage just on VH, it'll likely do considerably more on SH, and might not be survivable just with the damage reduction from Tech Flash Guard.

Would be nice if it was a Dark element attack so the ample Dark resistance on some unit sets could be of some use.I think it's meant to be a one hit kill. Which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that so much else in the game is a one hit kill simply due to poor design. :I

Mysterious-G
Apr 27, 2014, 04:39 AM
I wouldn't jump the gun on that one hit wonder attack just yet. There might be mechanics involved we couldn't figure out just from that one playthrough.

Unnamed Player
Apr 27, 2014, 04:43 AM
and might not be survivable just with the damage reduction from Tech Flash Guard

Iron Will + Never Give Up = 75% chance of survival

Kondibon
Apr 27, 2014, 04:43 AM
I wouldn't jump the gun on that one hit wonder attack just yet. There might be mechanics involved we couldn't figure out just from that one playthrough.I'm sure you don't have to break ALL the things to make it survivable. I just meant I think it's supposed to be a ohko if they're all still up. And honestly, as long as the person who can move has moons and can stay alive (by abusing invincibility or something) it should be fine even if they can't nuke down the spears or whatever they are.

Mysterious-G
Apr 27, 2014, 04:45 AM
The camera shakes a whole lot right before Ichitaro gets freed. The whole thing might work like the Cata stun, where you wiggle your stick quickly until you can move again. That would mean the crew just fooled us and this was entirely set up by them; it seemed utterly convenient that the one we see play was the only one unfrozen. Additonally, we have four swords. Destroying just one might mean we are left with 25% HP, destroying two with 50% etc.

But yeah, still a lot we don't know.

Niagara
Apr 27, 2014, 04:49 AM
Does he have combat escape ? Because he was killed during katana combat, so...

Rakurai
Apr 27, 2014, 04:52 AM
Doesn't look like there's more to it other then the game randomly picking one player to be everyone's savior and giving them a little over 10 seconds to destroy the swords.

Whether it proves to be horribly annoying or not depends on whether or not you need to get rid of all of them to survive the attack, as well how durable they are.

strikerhunter
Apr 27, 2014, 05:26 AM
Everything about the new Falz just makes Elder looks shit like how Angel makes Hunar looks like a wimp.

Also lol ichartio (did spelled his name correctly?) spamming only Shunkan while in guard stance, was that some sort of way to promote that Shunkan isn't/is too overpowered?

As for the time freeze attack, I'm thinking instead of a random individual I'm thinking the Falz's most hated target (whoever has the most aggro). Swords may also play a role with either the outcome damage or unfreezing others but he panic or in any obvious case purposely wiped the mpa.

However, it wasn't really the new Falz that had my attention to the broadcast......it was this

Roadmap: Phantasy Star Festa [Part 1]
[Mining Base Defense: Despair]
When Sega said there was a new EQ in June in the roadmap, I figured it be TD part 3 (it was too obvious with the fact that the TD EQs are one of the only challenging EQs).........seeing how Intrusion still can't be done measily by open mpas comparing to TD1........I can only imagine now.

Watch it be defending 8 bases behind a series of walls from bird darkers (oh gawd Ringa is going to rip those towers apart.
And then we get TD part 4 with all darkers.

P.S.: Why is everyone calling the new Dark Falzs, Dark Falz Loser? Even bumped is calling them that and just about everyone in-game says that as well.

Xaeris
Apr 27, 2014, 05:43 AM
Story related. Like [Elder] and [Persona], this one is literally named [Loser].

Indignation Judgment
Apr 27, 2014, 05:55 AM
So that's what Falz though Ruzer was called, huh? Pretty fitting.

Aine
Apr 27, 2014, 06:15 AM
Suganuma (the Vita director) said Ichitarou could move because he blocked the attack, but if you watch the fight again he's only doing normal attacks when the time stop happens so I'm pretty sure that's wrong. It probably picks the person who's dealt the most damage.

Kikikiki
Apr 27, 2014, 07:27 AM
Are you sure it's called Loser, because it could've been Luther.

Sanguine2009
Apr 27, 2014, 07:36 AM
nonsense this is dark falz [dio]

Unnamed Player
Apr 27, 2014, 07:43 AM
The new Dark Falz seems to be extremely passive which is quite a disappointment but at least Apos Drios puts up a fight.

ダークファルス・ルーサー = Dark Phallus Luther

Angelo
Apr 27, 2014, 07:49 AM
Maybe they'll start adding 'team wipes' to future content hoping people will make more balanced or defensive builds instead of just pouring everything into attack. I think the primary problem with balance in this game is that everyone is making glass cannons and getting away with it with no repercussions.

SakoHaruo
Apr 27, 2014, 07:53 AM
Interesting. I never thought you had it in you, Sega. I actually like what I see. maybe I'm getting soft. :disapprove:

Man those were some shitty outfits, except for Xie's outfit.

Ezodagrom
Apr 27, 2014, 07:54 AM
@Those discussing the name of the new Falz:
Should at least put his identity between [ spoiler ] tags, since there's people who haven't played the story chapter yet.

Dnd
Apr 27, 2014, 08:07 AM
Maybe they'll start adding 'team wipes' to future content hoping people will make more balanced or defensive builds instead of just pouring everything into attack. I think the primary problem with balance in this game is that everyone is making glass cannons and getting away with it with no repercussions.

Given this games interesting form of flinch and stun-lock balance, as a glass cannon you get hit once in a mob of spawns your pretty much dead anyway, team wipes with EQ groups that are 99% completely random with the people you get are not enjoyable if you constantly fail due to other people (For whatever reason). Look at td2 for a prime example.

Regarding the falz battle, I'm pretty sure /everyone/ can break out of the timestop, the swords look way too durable and too far apart for a single person to kill even 2 in SH, considering they were in VH aswell and you have to account for a random person not being able to burst that high in that short a time. I imagine that also has something to do with his passiveness

BIG OLAF
Apr 27, 2014, 08:08 AM
nonsense this is dark falz [dio]

Dark Falz Dios was the most badass iteration of Falz since the 'Perfect Form' from PSO. So big, so agitating.

King_Rappy
Apr 27, 2014, 08:17 AM

The kanji means loser but the pronunciation is Luther. So you're right.

Ezodagrom
Apr 27, 2014, 08:23 AM
The kanji means loser but the pronunciation is Luther. So you're right.
*points to quote below*

@Those discussing the name of the new Falz:
Should at least put his identity between [ spoiler ] tags, since there's people who haven't played the story chapter yet.

Angelo
Apr 27, 2014, 08:36 AM
It's actually called "Dark Falz [Haisya]" Haisya is basically something that is aligned with the side that was 'defeated' in an event or game.

Gardios
Apr 27, 2014, 08:42 AM
The name's a word play.

[SPOILER-BOX]敗者 (haisha) means "the defeated" or "the loser"
Loser is spelt ルーザー (ruuzaa) in Japanese
If you remove the dakuten, you get ルーサー (ruusaa), which is Luther[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sayara
Apr 27, 2014, 09:03 AM
Spoilerpost
[spoiler-box]
So if this giant animosity is Luther, then who was Anger? Or is that also Luther?
[/spoiler-box]

Mysterious-G
Apr 27, 2014, 09:16 AM
Spoilerpost
[spoiler-box]
So if this giant animosity is Luther, then who was Anger? Or is that also Luther?
[/spoiler-box]

^
[spoiler-box]DF Engel is to DF Luther what Hunar is to Elder.[/spoiler-box]

Great Pan
Apr 27, 2014, 09:29 AM
Nonsense, I'll Shunka my way to victory anyway. Shunka 4 Lyfe!

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 27, 2014, 09:30 AM
Nonsense, I'll Shunka my way to victory anyway. Shunka 4 Lyfe!

Lol... At least shunka with combat escape if you're going to spam that.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 27, 2014, 09:48 AM
In b4 Za Warudo negates Combat Escape lulz.

gigawuts
Apr 27, 2014, 10:03 AM
So I'm hyper excite about that Ulala outfit, and other stuff.

Sonic mag? Ulala outfit? This hopefully means more novelty/throwback items.

pls give me chao mag

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 27, 2014, 10:11 AM
I'm more excited about the male costume with the armor shoulder plates, my character can finally look like a sexy knight in shining armor >:D, none of that shirtless god of war shit >:D fuck america and their shitty nasty male costume designs! LOL jk, but really tho, i was surprised that they even decided to implement a costume with armor in it, considering this is a sci - fi setting, but i doubt it really matters now considering the sheer number of cross overs pso2 has done.

Unnamed Player
Apr 27, 2014, 10:19 AM
Instead of getting a Sonic Mag i would like to have one of these:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/74340c97f96e7573c03dab920750e77293697ffa.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
o:

gigawuts
Apr 27, 2014, 10:20 AM
Huh...has any game had a congratulations screen after beating falz since PSO1?

Because we're getting one, and I want to know if this is more stuff cherry picked out of PSO1 or if they're just continuing a trend.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/8pE4q.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

As far as PSO1 content goes, I'd rather have unique weapons than a screen where 12 random people are posing, but whatever I guess?

Also, this is probably what they were talking about when they mentioned we can edit a mission completion pose/action/whatever.

Gardios
Apr 27, 2014, 10:21 AM
I hope Ulala comes with several emotes and male voiced versions~

isCasted
Apr 27, 2014, 11:21 AM
Can't believe they lost opportunity to make Chao mag. At least we got Ulala Repca.

Reiketsu
Apr 27, 2014, 11:24 AM
I hope Ulala comes with several emotes and male voiced versions~

Oh my God, I was happy to see they're adding Majima's outfit from Ryu ga Gotoku, but now that you mention voices... when they also add Majima's voice, that'd be absolutely incredible.

He's one of the greatest characters in video game history. I really can't wait for that update.

Vintasticvin
Apr 27, 2014, 01:06 PM
*Trades in all swim wear except for yellow bikini Selvariakini*

lostinseganet
Apr 27, 2014, 01:38 PM
Here. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Z6Kn7gtSA)

From watching the video again, it looks like there's indeed only a single person who gets freed from the time stop.

Hopefully, destroying some of the swords will at least lower the damage to survivable levels if you can't get rid of all of them in time.Most of them hit at the middle of the stage. Maybe you might survive if you are at the edges?

Mysterious-G
Apr 27, 2014, 01:43 PM
I still think they fooled us, and everyone can break out of the time stop. Ichitaro's cam was way too shakey, probably to break out of it like you do out of a stun, and it's just too convenient that he as the showcasing player would be the one not frozen. They lost that on purpose. :wacko:

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 27, 2014, 01:45 PM
did anyone see that new lobby action where they are shaking back and forward while bending down? yea... looks really wrong XD LOL i would love to see people in teh lobby doing that and suddenly you go behind them and... oops

Omega-z
Apr 27, 2014, 02:12 PM
The Time Stop attack damage looks to be about the same Strength as Vol's Fire Meteor Ball attack except it's an AOE, so block most likely won't work there....maybec. Ichitaro took 1657 in damage ( If you slow it down enough before the red flashing starts ) he only had 1141 Max HP, so yeah death in one hit. Yeah, a Tank or anyone with enough def/ Invc./ IW/ HP will live through that attack.

Atmius
Apr 27, 2014, 02:19 PM
I still think they fooled us, and everyone can break out of the time stop. Ichitaro's cam was way too shakey, probably to break out of it like you do out of a stun, and it's just too convenient that he as the showcasing player would be the one not frozen. They lost that on purpose. :wacko:

Kimura said there was a hint in the play as to why Ichitarou was the only one to visibly break out. No point really speculating much, but he was on the outer edge and he was also the only person to be frozen while jumping. I also noticed they didn't have damage type display on, so we can't tell what type of damage it was (though if it was r-atk, that makes perfect sense then).

Xaelouse
Apr 27, 2014, 02:27 PM
did he manage to hit the blade before the freeze happen?
EDIT: re-watched. completely whiffed

Unnamed Player
Apr 27, 2014, 02:40 PM
Ichitarou was the only one to visibly break out.
He wasn't the only one to visibly break out.

Omega-z
Apr 27, 2014, 02:43 PM
^Xaelouse - I think your right that he did attack before. But it wasn't the blade but the red bubble the blade made to stop you before it popped. So maybe attacking it/destroying it weakens the hold on you up to a certain AOE point before it pops itself. maybec?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 27, 2014, 03:22 PM
Ichitaro took 1657 in damage ( If you slow it down enough before the red flashing starts ) he only had 1141 Max HP, so yeah death in one hit. Yeah, a Tank or anyone with enough def/ Invc./ IW/ HP will live through that attack.

He took that much damage in VH, using SH gear that was fully grinded, with Guard Stance active (however much of a difference that makes is unknown thanks to not knowing the full skill tree, of course).

You can probably survive it on a lower difficulty than would be appropriate for your level, but same level? Good luck. It probably hits multiple times too, judging from the animation. Invincibility seems to be the only way out if you can't interrupt the attack.

Ouranos
Apr 27, 2014, 03:26 PM
There was one other player that got out of the time freeze. A gunner from the background shooting at one of the blades.

Unnamed Player
Apr 27, 2014, 03:32 PM
There was one other player that got out of the time freeze. A gunner from the background shooting at one of the blades.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://n84.imgup.net/vlcsnap-205965.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Niagara
Apr 27, 2014, 03:35 PM
Perhaps there is a limit on his time stop thing. Like only 4 people; one per sword.

If we can all break out of it, it's just...stupid >:

SakoHaruo
Apr 27, 2014, 04:11 PM
If we can all break out of it, it's just...stupid >:

If everyone can't break out of the time freeze they'll just patch it in and reduce the HP so that everyone quit complaining about nubs ruining their runs. I won't be surprise if there's an announcement made on their site just a few hours after the new DF EQ is available.

gigawuts
Apr 27, 2014, 04:46 PM
Well, regarding time freeze and stun and stuff, nobody likes stun - Either 1shot me or don't. Don't make me immobile and make me watch my character die slowly to hits I could have normally avoided just fine, that might or might not hit me based on otherwise random chance.

Omega-z
Apr 27, 2014, 07:50 PM
@LonelyGaruga - Well having SH gear at +10 won't do much on it's own even in VH if the gear isn't set up right, Since from VH to SH gear base on stats of 400+ is just 40~80 damage reduction difference. Also a Lv. 70 can still die to a tech base attack in one hit to a VH boss based on its attack. For Guard Stance it's not enough some of the time with just 25% with 200 s-def that just reduces s-atk damage, this could help some if it was s-atk based but it's not and it could be either range or tech which I think it's the latter. So, GS doesn't matter when it's a tech base attack.

But your right that it has to be more then just a quick slap-on skill to survive the attack. FireswordRus has a good HP sponge build that might be able to live through the attack. Then a IW plus NGU could also with a 75% chance. This could also be useful when Techer gains Deband Protect to give everyone a chance of an IW state. Then you have Invc. states which have to be timed.

But your right that the attack has a multi-AOE attack look with the main explosion. It looks to be around 3~5 hits that lasts 4 secs. . In which half of the last paragraph wouldn't work except for long enough Invc. states, IW plus NGU (5 secs), Braver's CE (20 secs), MAG (20 secs) and/or a Very Heavy Tank.

Now again it could be two different attacks at the same time; an explosion and rain in combination the explosion the highest in center going outwards and the rain random thru the area being the lesser damage but hits more times for an around about amount of damage. This could be block-able then. Thoughts?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 27, 2014, 10:19 PM
What is the level 70 wearing that gets them killed by a VH boss in one hit? Ex units? The only thing I can think of that exists in the game at all right now that might OHKO in the circumstances you describe is Elder's butt smash, which is obviously Striking. Are we talking a Duel > Changeover Duel boss? Because as far as I can tell those literally have doubled damage. No reason for a titled boss to fail to one-shot players, but the same boss, untitled, does exactly that following a changeover from the prior one. Without that, I seriously doubt people are going to get one-shot by VH tech based attacks from anything while wearing any unit set from SH, unless they were wearing Ex units (and even then the extra HP should help them out there).

Whatever the case, the guy had 1214 T-DEF (47:29 on the stream, though he flips through it so fast you might have to pause at the character info). Didn't think about Guard Stance not defending against T-DEF (because honestly Guard Stance is so bad I didn't even bother to remember exactly what it did), but most of the stuff you named for invincibility wouldn't work here. Not enough time to activate Katana Combat (just look at the trailer showcasing SH Loser, that would interrupt Wand Lovers' animation), mag only triggers invincibility when PB is full, and it obviously wouldn't magically fill up during the time stop, and if it is multiple hits, no one will be able to survive it at all, tanky or not. Never Give Up is the only way you named that does look like it could work, and that only works if Iron Will kicks in, and if the attack doesn't last longer than the invincibility (which admittedly does seem to be the case, video indicates it lasts 3 seconds, looking at the timer).

Now, seeing how this thing seems specifically designed to counter any methods of avoiding it, seeing how fast it is and how lengthy it is, I wouldn't even doubt it would pierce invincibility. It's not impossible to program, and it seems highly reasonable. It's definitely not blockable, or if it is, not for the reasoning named. There's nothing random about the swords accompanying the giant swords. You can see them very plainly surrounding the swords, unleashing in the same general direction they were aimed at, and it's pretty clear in the trailer that they cover the entire stage from multiple angles. I wouldn't doubt that the animation doesn't even demonstrate the actual hitbox properly, and it just blows everything up for the same number of hits, with the only reasonable exception being the explosion, which honestly, looks more for show than actual damage (everyone should be dead before it happens under normal circumstances).

Though, honestly, I don't see a good reason to figure out how to survive this while letting everyone else get killed when it should be easy to figure out how to stop the attack from being successfully performed in the first place.

Maenara
Apr 27, 2014, 11:27 PM
Though, honestly, I don't see a good reason to figure out how to survive this while letting everyone else get killed when it should be easy to figure out how to stop the attack from being successfully performed in the first place.

Because a lot of the people here abhor party play and the thought of doing anything that would directly help others in a manner which could be seen as cooperative makes them sick to their stomach.

Rakurai
Apr 27, 2014, 11:33 PM
It might be necessary if it ends up being impossible for players with bad gear and/or a bad class combo to destroy the swords in time.

I just really hope they have sense to only allow level 60+ players into the quest, because getting too many underleveled players would be a recipe for disaster, if TD has been any indication.

oratank
Apr 28, 2014, 01:42 AM
sega sure make the way out for low gear people. may be we could just run in to the safe place and laughing at those stupid guy who has die by the time froze like they did with elder.
sega still need casual player

Kilich
Apr 28, 2014, 01:53 AM
Well, if there're too many badly geared players, then it'll be passworded room galore, as it happened with TD2.

Ezodagrom
Apr 28, 2014, 08:00 AM
It might be necessary if it ends up being impossible for players with bad gear and/or a bad class combo to destroy the swords in time.

I just really hope they have sense to only allow level 60+ players into the quest, because getting too many underleveled players would be a recipe for disaster, if TD has been any indication.
When they were selecting the quest during the livestream, the SH version said level 50+ players.

Daiyousei
Apr 28, 2014, 08:24 AM
Reminds me of some games when people said a game was too easy, and then they make it ungodly hard in their next installment.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 28, 2014, 08:30 AM
I'm kind of excited for a challenge, personally. Maybe once under-geared folks figure out they're not going to win, maybe they'll start doing the easier difficulties? It's probably just wishful thinking, though. Difficult boss fights keep me interested in the game, personally. It gives me more of a reason to continue improving my gear.

I think I might end up going in as a Hunter for dat 1 HP survival chance.

Sanguine2009
Apr 28, 2014, 08:59 AM
other than the bads ruining it for everyone im very much looking forward to this, premade MPAs ftw!

Walkure
Apr 28, 2014, 09:53 AM
Killing a structure quickly or else a group wipes?

Sure hope that those blades have a consistent pattern with Brave/Wise stance. Otherwise anything FI or /FI is gonna be turbo-fucked for that gimmick if they get chosen.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 28, 2014, 10:06 AM
They should start making subclass requirements. Especially for this new falz with the mpa wipe out blast. At least level 60+ subs

Vintasticvin
Apr 28, 2014, 10:50 AM
Hm, this new Falz looks fun and provide lotsa giggles from that one person in voice chat raging how the group is a fail and stuff. Hopefully theres a Difficulty range I can run it on :3

Gardios
Apr 28, 2014, 11:23 AM
When they were selecting the quest during the livestream, the SH version said level 50+ players.

He's Lv 70 on SH, right? That's a recipe for disaster.

Ezodagrom
Apr 28, 2014, 11:27 AM
Hm, this new Falz looks fun and provide lotsa giggles from that one person in voice chat raging how the group is a fail and stuff. Hopefully theres a Difficulty range I can run it on :3
During the broadcast it could be seen that the new Falz will have Normal, Hard, Very Hard and Super Hard versions, so, yeah, it can be done at any level. ^^

Yep, he's lvl 70 on SH.

isCasted
Apr 28, 2014, 12:50 PM

If it's open for lv50+ players, I guess that's how SH is SH now.

Daiyousei
Apr 28, 2014, 02:45 PM
What if this is due to people saying the game is too easy, and then they throw this at us.

CONSPIRACY.

Arksenth
Apr 28, 2014, 02:58 PM
What if this is due to people saying the game is too easy, and then they throw this at us.

CONSPIRACY.

What's that?

Artificial difficulty and cheap shots?

Not exactly the same thing, darling.

Unnamed Player
Apr 28, 2014, 03:00 PM
Just looked at the tips you get for Dark Falz Loser when it kills you. One of them clarifies the thing on everyone's mind right now:

ダークファルス・ルーサーの時間停止攻撃は移動キーの連続入力で解除できる。浮いている剣を急いで破壊し、 致命的な攻撃を回避しよう。 (just in case any of our Japanese friends pay attention to anything here)

You can escape Dark Falz Loser's time stop attack by constantly hitting the movement keys. Destroy its floating blades quickly to avoid its lethal attack.
source (http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=193&start=80#p8205)

Daiyousei
Apr 28, 2014, 03:22 PM

I just rewatched the part of the stream when they died to the swords, yep, the text is there.

Edit: well it was a different tip http://puu.sh/8rkxg.jpg thanks Manta quality.

So it came from datamining?

Enforcer MKV
Apr 28, 2014, 04:04 PM

CONSPIRACY.

*Yanks the charging lever on his rifle*

Three words: Bring it on.

Mysterious-G
Apr 28, 2014, 04:16 PM
Called it. ^^
Now everyone can stop worrying about this attack being troublesome.

Maenara
Apr 28, 2014, 05:53 PM
Called it. ^^
Now everyone can stop worrying about this attack being troublesome.

Yeah, we wouldn't want pretty sticks to drop from something that wasn't a pushover, or anything that wasn't a pushover to exist in the game.

Inb4 10 different patches in the future with this in the miscellaneous patch notes:
•Eased the key mashing requirements to break out of Dark Falz Luther's time freeze attack.

Sanguine2009
Apr 28, 2014, 05:53 PM
on one hand im glad i dont have to worry about the bads ruining runs, on the other this means the attack is no threat at all and its just another face roll boss

Kilich
Apr 28, 2014, 06:25 PM
Yeah, we wouldn't want pretty sticks to drop from something that wasn't a pushover, or anything that wasn't a pushover to exist in the game.

Inb4 10 different patches in the future with this in the miscellaneous patch notes:
•Eased the key mashing requirements to break out of Dark Falz Luther's time freeze attack.

Well, have to cater to people that play vita in bed, or else they won't have relaxing time.

Arksenth
Apr 28, 2014, 06:34 PM
on one hand im glad i dont have to worry about the bads ruining runs, on the other this means the attack is no threat at all and its just another face roll boss

inb4 needs at least the DPS of 11 BR/HUs combined to break all swords in time before they 1hko you

Daiyousei
Apr 28, 2014, 06:41 PM
inb4 needs at least the DPS of 11 BR/HUs combined to break all swords in time before they 1hko you

Got level 50s in your SH MPA? you have yourself a problem.

SakoHaruo
Apr 28, 2014, 07:06 PM
I knew it was too good to be true. It's just another one of their gate captains ready to be purified. :disapprove:

Sega, I no longer have the resources nor do I have the will to continue. You've won.

gigawuts
Apr 28, 2014, 07:07 PM
But if you have 11 BR/HUs who needs DPS to break swords to block something you can just use Katana Combat to avoid?

Daiyousei
Apr 28, 2014, 07:13 PM
still it's going to be a fun boss at that either way.

gigawuts
Apr 28, 2014, 07:26 PM
I still can't help but guffaw that people cry about wanting "challenging" content and the game still has shit like a 20 second invincibility button that they're not crying about.

BIG OLAF
Apr 28, 2014, 07:27 PM
I still can't help but guffaw that people cry about wanting "challenging" content and the game still has shit like a 20 second invincibility button that they're not crying about.

A 20-second invincibility button that only works in tandem with the most overpowered weapon type in the game, mind you.

Fucking comedy.

EDIT: Also, the new Dark Falz looks like something right out of Bayonetta.

(That's good thing, folks)

Sanguine2009
Apr 28, 2014, 08:03 PM

i for one hope combat escape is next on the chopping block after sega guts shunka dunka

SakoHaruo
Apr 28, 2014, 08:21 PM

I recently enrolled to become a professional model for PSO2 magazine, and boy is it expensive! I guess you can say I finally found my resolve. So yeah, you wont hear anymore complaining from me. o3o

Maenara
Apr 28, 2014, 08:40 PM

In my experience, complaining about things like that causes a significantly large amount of people to immediately exclaim that it's in no way OP when it really is, just because they'd rather not lose it.

Omega-z
Apr 28, 2014, 09:00 PM
Problem solved for the most part. After breaking free from the stop freeze hold (shake back and forth like stun/grabs), Use the old-school PSU trick of using your MAG's PB (SUV in PSU) at the time of Impact to avoid all damage done (hold for 10 secs or less). 12x power/duration on the moe foe. PB upping gear rate weapons soar in price in 3,2,1.....:):rappy:

edit: This can be used by everyone or any build.

edit2: I guess PB's don't work in a 12 player mission which is lame, needs to be fix'd.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 28, 2014, 11:28 PM
Dark Falz Loser is out of the arena during the time stop attack, and does not return until after the swords bombard the area, so there's little point to using a PB even if you did have it available, and not everyone would in the first place. PBs do charge in these types of quests, but killing mobs is simply much more efficient for filling it than damaging a boss or getting hit. This is completely intentional in design, I've seen people get PB during extremely bad Falz Arm runs. There is nothing that needs to be fixed there.

Omega-z
Apr 29, 2014, 01:45 AM
@LonelyGaruga - Well going off the video with Ichitaro his PB didn't charge at all... so was going off that. "IF" it does tho the tactic could still work since they had attacked Luther for 7 mins. . That too you can wait out your Blast for Luther to come back into play. well, Mobs are better in general to charge PB's. So having 50% increase to the rate would help build it and having a chain as well for a Boss but the latter requires team work which is lacking for the better part.

Rakurai
Apr 29, 2014, 05:41 AM
Wonder when they're planning on having Falz Angel appear outside of the story quest so drops can be obtained from him.

I'm curious as to what latent they'll decide to put on his talis.

angrysquid
Apr 29, 2014, 05:47 AM
Giant golden wings appear on your back enabling float aka faster movement #aimforthestars

LonelyGaruga
Apr 29, 2014, 10:14 AM
@LonelyGaruga - Well going off the video with Ichitaro his PB didn't charge at all... so was going off that. "IF" it does tho the tactic could still work since they had attacked Luther for 7 mins. .

That's not enough to fill up a PB. Spend 7 minutes on any boss, and you'll get more PB from getting hit than hitting it.

Though, actually, I'm not 100% sure damage to bosses applies to PB at all, come to think of it. Might just be taking damage. Either way, it's pointless to invest in Mental Alignment weapons for this tactic, and if a single person doesn't have their PB up (and it's far more likely more than just one won't), you pointlessly condemn them to death doing this when you could have destroyed the swords instead.

Also, worth noting that Loser did the time stop attack the instant his health dropped to 50%. There's a distinct possibility he can do this more than just once a fight, we literally only saw half of it.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 29, 2014, 10:22 AM

That affects one class, and has a 90 second cooldown. From the looks of it, it might be necessary to keep the entire party alive, depending on how that time-stop BS attack works wwwww. Comparatively, it looks a lot more challenging than anything else in the game right now. :-?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 29, 2014, 12:14 PM
It has already been confirmed that it's just a glorified Stun effect. Combat Escape is not remotely necessary for it, and the cooldown does not in any way justify it, nor does it actually need invincibility at all. Combat Escape is one of the most poorly thought out skills in the game, period.

At least Never Give Up was thought out, given a good balance to its activation (requires Iron Will to activate, so you have 1 HP and a random chance of it working in the first place), gives an offensive and defensive advantage (either take advantage of the S-ATK bonus, but be stuck at 1 HP when the invincibility wears off, or heal and reduce your ability to take advantage of said bonus), and has a very short duration (5 seconds vs 20 seconds).

Combat Escape is the same number of points, tacked on to a skill that has no penalty save for a cooldown, can be activated at will, and dramatically boosts the offensive and defensive prowess of Braver with, again, no cost except a cooldown. Katana Combat, by itself, was great, and had no need for Combat Escape to be added to the skill tree. Combat Escape does nothing but make Braver more braindead than it would be without it, with no actual skill attached to its usage.

If nothing else, free invincibility, for any duration, with no penalty save cooldown, on something you would already regularly use whether it had invincibility or not, is plain old bad design.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 29, 2014, 01:15 PM
See, with Combat Escape, you have to activate a skill to get invincibility. You have to think smart, and learn to activate it at the right times to help keep yourself alive while dishing out lots of damage. With never give up, you don't need any other skills active, it's just a chance of happening at any time you could have been killed. There's a big difference there.

I mean, the skill is obviously a little over powered, there's some changes they could make to it so it wouldn't be ridiculous. I'm not trying to debate that at all. But to say that the boss will be 'easy' because one class has access to that skill is kinda silly imo. What happens for those 90 seconds when Katana Combat is cooling down? They're still wide open to get killed, just like anyone else. The boss fight is probably going to last a lot longer than 20 seconds.

holmwood
Apr 29, 2014, 01:29 PM
Person that remains should just stay in PB stance and revive everyone after. ^^;

Walkure
Apr 29, 2014, 01:49 PM
See, with Combat Escape, you have to activate a skill to get invincibility. You have to think smart, and learn to activate it at the right times to help keep yourself alive while dishing out lots of damage.
Compare this to another class, which has to think smart and fistpump at the right times mid-combat to not get their damage halved.

But to say that the boss will be 'easy' because one class has access to that skill is kinda silly imo.Well, yeah, but it's a glaringly obvious and complete counter to the mechanic, so it gets special mention here.

Weak Bullet will similarly trivialize the fight, could go off on a whole list of broken mechanics but you get the point.

strikerhunter
Apr 29, 2014, 02:06 PM
See, with Combat Escape, you have to activate a skill to get invincibility. You have to think smart, and learn to activate it at the right times to help keep yourself alive while dishing out lots of damage. With never give up, you don't need any other skills active, it's just a chance of happening at any time you could have been killed. There's a big difference there.

I somewhat agree to you but remember that Iron Will (which triggers Never Surrender) doesn't have a 100% guarantee activation unlike Combat Escape which activates upon KC's activation.

gigawuts
Apr 29, 2014, 03:42 PM
"one class"

son have you pug TD'd? like 80% of pugs are fucking braver

"one class"

LonelyGaruga
Apr 29, 2014, 03:46 PM
See, with Combat Escape, you have to activate a skill to get invincibility. You have to think smart, and learn to activate it at the right times to help keep yourself alive while dishing out lots of damage.

If a person actually needs 20 seconds of invincibility to stay alive, they should just quit playing the game. There is barely a modicum of intelligence involved, and, as I already stated, you'd still use it the same way without the invincibility. The invincibility just makes it idiotproof and is completely counterproductive to developing a game with balanced difficulty.

With never give up, you don't need any other skills active, it's just a chance of happening at any time you could have been killed. There's a big difference there.

It's not manual, but you do need another skill to activate Never Give Up. You need Iron Will. The only difference between Katana Combat + Combat Escape and Iron Will + Never Give Up, comparing invincibility, is that one is activated at will, has a cooldown, and lasts four times longer with no additional drawbacks, while Iron Will is a passive, will leave you with 1 HP after being activated, forcing players to choose whether or not they will use the invincibility as an offensive or defensive tool.

So let's keep this simple. Invincibility whenever you want it with only a cooldown as a drawback attached to a skill that would have cooldown anyway, would be used whether it had invincibility or not, and massively increases your damage output and options by itself, versus a skill that only activates randomly, so you cannot rely on it to give yourself a get out of jail card, has significant drawbacks alongside its advantages, and has no merit other then not dying without its companion skill.

Or, to put it another way: Which of the two invincibility skills is more superfluous? The one that only adds invincibility to a skill that you can activate whenever you want as long as it isn't on cooldown, or the one that adds an S-ATK bonus on top of a risk factor and a random occurrence rate, at 1/4th of the duration of the former mentioned skill?

I mean, the skill is obviously a little over powered, there's some changes they could make to it so it wouldn't be ridiculous. I'm not trying to debate that at all.

That's fine, I'm just giving additional context to how ridiculous it is. Combat Escape is pretty much the most idiotproof skill in the game, and between it and Shunka, has made Braver the class for subpar morons to flock to, giving all Bravers a bad rep. In comparison, the same would never happen to Hunter, precisely because Never Give Up cannot be activated at will, and has a penalty associated with its activation that isn't just "you can't do this for a while."

But to say that the boss will be 'easy' because one class has access to that skill is kinda silly imo.

That is right. Fortunately, that wasn't what he meant at all. I'm making an educated guess here (correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm not going to pretend I know what anyone thinks here, that's just pretentious), but I believe the idea was that complaining about the content not being difficult when a skill designed solely for idiotproofing an already excellent and functional skill is ridiculous. The complaints are misdirected. Difficulty of content gets singled out, but that isn't the only factor at work here, and too often, these factors get ignored. It's not right.

What happens for those 90 seconds when Katana Combat is cooling down? They're still wide open to get killed, just like anyone else. The boss fight is probably going to last a lot longer than 20 seconds.

First, the cooldown is not 90 seconds. It is 90 seconds starting from the moment Katana Combat is activated. In practice, it is closer to 70 seconds, a little more if you activate the finish a little early. Regular use of Katana Combat equates to being invincible nearly 1/3rd of the time you are fighting. Second, nobody is ever "wide open" to get killed at any time in the entire game unless they are already getting hit, frozen (the status, not the time stop), or not actually playing the game for whatever reason. If you are specifically talking about the time stop here, it's as simple as button mashing out of it and breaking the swords. This is 100% confirmed by the ingame hint shown on stream after the party kill.

Now, I too hope that the fight is lengthy, and chances are, it's at least designed to be. The time limit is 30 minutes versus Dark Falz Elder getting a mere 20 minute time limit. But, cooldown or not, Braver still gets to be invincible for roughly 30% of the fight, for activating a skill that it would use whether it had invincibility or not, gives it a huge increase in damage and mobility, and has a cooldown just barely over a minute.

Actually, just curious here: Were you playing before Combat Escape was implemented? Because Katana Combat was used pretty much the exact same way it is right now, just minus the invincibility. If people were attacked during it, they just blocked. There was no need to take advantage of invincibility, they still had to play smart instead of mindlessly spamming PAs, and there was no braindead players abusing it to make up for their lack of competence at the class. Combat Escape was a genuinely superfluous addition to the game that has done little but make the class more accessible to people that didn't want to learn how to play.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 29, 2014, 04:06 PM
If a person actually needs 20 seconds of invincibility to stay alive, they should just quit playing the game. There is barely a modicum of intelligence involved, and, as I already stated, you'd still use it the same way without the invincibility. The invincibility just makes it idiotproof and is completely counterproductive to developing a game with balanced difficulty.

You don't NEED to use it to stay alive, I very rarely die even without KC. I'm just saying, it's incredibly useful to activate during specific attack patterns to be able to fly and and keep dishing out damage. Using the skill to both stay alive and do more damage is totally valid.

It's not manual, but you do need another skill to activate Never Give Up. You need Iron Will. The only difference between Katana Combat + Combat Escape and Iron Will + Never Give Up, comparing invincibility, is that one is activated at will, has a cooldown, and lasts four times longer with no additional drawbacks, while Iron Will is a passive, will leave you with 1 HP after being activated, forcing players to choose whether or not they will use the invincibility as an offensive or defensive tool.

Yes, but Iron Will doesn't need to be active for never give up to trigger, that's what I meant.

So let's keep this simple. Invincibility whenever you want it with only a cooldown as a drawback attached to a skill that would have cooldown anyway, would be used whether it had invincibility or not, and massively increases your damage output and options by itself, versus a skill that only activates randomly, so you cannot rely on it to give yourself a get out of jail card, has significant drawbacks alongside its advantages, and has no merit other then not dying without its companion skill.

I'm not arguing with you on that at all. Obviously, both skills have their pros and cons. Do I think it should cost more SP to get Combat Escape? Considering at level 70 a katana braver will probably have a few SP to spare, yes.

Or, to put it another way: Which of the two invincibility skills is more superfluous? The one that only adds invincibility to a skill that you can activate whenever you want as long as it isn't on cooldown, or the one that adds an S-ATK bonus on top of a risk factor and a random occurrence rate, at 1/4th of the duration of the former mentioned skill?

As stated previously, I do think that combat escape is pretty ridiculous. I was just offering an alternative point of view on how the skills are different from eachother.

That's fine, I'm just giving additional context to how ridiculous it is. Combat Escape is pretty much the most idiotproof skill in the game, and between it and Shunka, has made Braver the class for subpar morons to flock to, giving all Bravers a bad rep. In comparison, the same would never happen to Hunter, precisely because Never Give Up cannot be activated at will, and has a penalty associated with its activation that isn't just "you can't do this for a while."
That is right. Fortunately, that wasn't what he meant at all. I'm making an educated guess here (correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm not going to pretend I know what anyone thinks here, that's just pretentious), but I believe the idea was that complaining about the content not being difficult when a skill designed solely for idiotproofing an already excellent and functional skill is ridiculous. The complaints are misdirected. Difficulty of content gets singled out, but that isn't the only factor at work here, and too often, these factors get ignored. It's not right.

That's great, I'm not disagreeing that Combat Escape is insanely good compared to Never Give Up. It's like comparing apples and oranges. An active buff skill with a cooldown vs a passive randomly-occuring skill.

First, the cooldown is not 90 seconds. It is 90 seconds starting from the moment Katana Combat is activated. In practice, it is closer to 70 seconds, a little more if you activate the finish a little early. Regular use of Katana Combat equates to being invincible nearly 1/3rd of the time you are fighting. Second, nobody is ever "wide open" to get killed at any time in the entire game unless they are already getting hit, frozen (the status, not the time stop), or not actually playing the game for whatever reason. If you are specifically talking about the time stop here, it's as simple as button mashing out of it and breaking the swords. This is 100% confirmed by the ingame hint shown on stream after the party kill.

By 'wide open', I simply meant 'not invincible', sorry for the misunderstanding. And you're right about the cooldown, I didn't really think about it like that. If you're able to button-mash out of it, then it's no big deal. I didn't know that.

Now, I too hope that the fight is lengthy, and chances are, it's at least designed to be. The time limit is 30 minutes versus Dark Falz Elder getting a mere 20 minute time limit. But, cooldown or not, Braver still gets to be invincible for roughly 30% of the fight, for activating a skill that it would use whether it had invincibility or not, gives it a huge increase in damage and mobility, and has a cooldown just barely over a minute.

You bring up a good point, but simply activating katana combat as soon as the cooldown expires isn't really the 'best' use of the skill. You're going to want to save it for a bit to find a good opening, as to squeeze in the most damage (or use it if you're totally in a jam and think you're gonna die) So, to say that they're going to be using it constantly as soon as the previous buff expires is probably over-estimating things, even if just a little.

Actually, just curious here: Were you playing before Combat Escape was implemented? Because Katana Combat was used pretty much the exact same way it is right now, just minus the invincibility. If people were attacked during it, they just blocked. There was no need to take advantage of invincibility, they still had to play smart instead of mindlessly spamming PAs, and there was no braindead players abusing it to make up for their lack of competence at the class. Combat Escape was a genuinely superfluous addition to the game that has done little but make the class more accessible to people that didn't want to learn how to play.

Yes, but I took a long hiatus after the first few months of the game as I was working on producing an album and traveling a lot. I didn't come back until the beginning of this year. So no, I've never played as a braver prior to combat escape being added to the skill tree.

Daiyousei
Apr 29, 2014, 04:47 PM
About the button mashing out of the time stop, The stream showed a different tip, the button mashing was revealed by datamining.

Mysterious-G
Apr 29, 2014, 05:01 PM
About the button mashing out of the time stop, The stream showed a different tip, the button mashing was revealed by datamining.

What was it? I had noticed the shakey cam and thus concluded it was an ol' fashioned stun mechanic and the mass wipeout just a sham, but not much else. Unless you are talking about the gunner in the background shooting?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 29, 2014, 05:08 PM
@DJcooltrainer: Didn't realize we were that close in agreement, so I apologize for reiterating things unnecessarily. Thanks for clarifying. I don't have anything to add, or I agree on every topic mentioned, save for Combat Escape's duration versus active time, in that I overestimated the exact amount of invincibility time granted if spammed, and failed to accurately make an estimate on the invincibility that would result from intelligent use. I had thought it closer to 33-35% of the time if used as frequently as possible, with the 30% being an estimation based on moderate use (for a boss fight, at least), when it is closer to 28% of the time when used as often as possible.

I expect a Braver player of the caliber I expect most are at (I.E. terrible) to use it whenever possible, as they probably lack the ability to not die without the invincibility, if the numerous bodies I see against Dark Falz Elder are any indication, whereas a good Braver would definitely hold off on using it until the best possible moment, as you've described.

@Daiyousei: Huh, thought the two were both about the time stop attack, whoops. Out of curiosity, is there a convenient location to check where all the datamined stuff is? I haven't seen psumods update the datamining thread in ages, all I see lately is bits and pieces posted here. Would be nice to know where they're coming from.

Unnamed Player
Apr 29, 2014, 05:36 PM
I haven't seen psumods update the datamining thread in ages, all I see lately is bits and pieces posted here. Would be nice to know where they're coming from.

there you go

Rakurai
Apr 29, 2014, 06:02 PM
I'm curious as to what that counter that's shown in one of the Apos Dorios pictures is for.

From the broadcast, it kind of sounded as though it increases with each Dorios kill and needs to reach at least 100% in order for you to fight Dark Falz Loser, but if it exceeds 100%, it provides a drop rate boost (Hopefully to both bosses).

LonelyGaruga
Apr 29, 2014, 06:32 PM
there you go

I haven't seen psumods update the datamining thread in ages, all I see lately is bits and pieces posted here. Would be nice to know where they're coming from.

Nice to see that there was a new update a couple days ago, but what I was referring to was the time frame between that update and the last one, in which stuff that was datamined was not posted there, but was posted here (actually that was more frequent, but there were at least periods where things did get posted). Like icons and stuff. I was wondering if there was somewhere else that was being updated regularly, because that thread sure hasn't been getting that stuff. At least there is new stuff posted there, thanks.

fay
Apr 29, 2014, 06:36 PM
Seems like SEGA are still making the same problem with every single boss they have. They aren't aggressive enough. Bosses just stand there for the most part. Heck, Dark Falz on PSO1 was relentless. You had to be prepared as a team to beat him, and if you're solo then you had to be damn good just to survive it.
They need to learn bigger numbers doesn't make the game more challenging.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 29, 2014, 06:53 PM
The broadcast was on VH, so it's not fair to judge the aggression of the bosses based on that. The only indications we have of their SH variations are from the trailer, and the latter half of Dark Falz Loser's fight wasn't even shown on stream, due to the party wipe.

Also, bosses are pretty aggressive...they just die too quickly or get flinched too easily from parts breaking. If bosses were able to survive a group of 4 or 12 players pounding on them for more than a couple minutes, it'd be easy to tell that their AI isn't bad at all. But as it currently stands, they are just too fragile, and it's easy to down a boss solo in a matter of minutes, and outright vaporize them in a full 12/12 MPA. No level of aggression will make up for this frailty.

cheapgunner
Apr 29, 2014, 07:04 PM
Seems like SEGA are still making the same problem with every single boss they have. They aren't aggressive enough. Bosses just stand there for the most part. Heck, Dark Falz on PSO1 was relentless. You had to be prepared as a team to beat him, and if you're solo then you had to be damn good just to survive it.
They need to learn bigger numbers doesn't make the game more challenging.

Agreed. If you can't produce big numbers solo-wise bosses like Bal Rodos or hell, Ex/Noire, bosses will be a pain in the ass to deal with. Bigger numbers just mean how much longer do I need to keep clicking to put this boss away for good.

gigawuts
Apr 29, 2014, 07:09 PM
I honestly found PSO1 bosses to be pretty passive. They were pretty much bosses on rails, if you knew where the rails would go you were in the clear.

Falz was no exception. If anything he defined that rule better than any other boss.

Falz was so predictable and easy to deal with that I'd work out what it'd take to survive with 1 hp while our group was underleveled, knowing he'd only hit us with that kind of high damage move every so often. We'd get wiped with a blade swing or grants or whatever, and our tanked HUcast would moon us. When solo I'd do the same thing, and use timed photon blasts to get around something I couldn't survive (also scapes, lots of scapes). He was clockwork.

Shit like snowbans with the hyper mega ultra quadstomp flinchswipe spam put everything in PSO1 to shame except maybe olga flow, which varied wildly in intensity at times because lolrandom. edit: And for the super hyper elite deluxists salivating and pulsating over the idea of telling someone something in PSO2 is easy and needs to be harder, I'm not saying snowbans are hard, I'm saying they're harder. Unless you, you know, break one claw. Then it's all downhill for them.

Mattykins
Apr 29, 2014, 07:13 PM
Iunno, I'd be willing to say De Rol Le was the most predictable. Did it even have a desperation pattern? All I remember is it repeating the same sequence of events no matter how hard I clobbered it.

Rakurai
Apr 29, 2014, 08:37 PM
I hope Dark Falz Loser has at least five times as much HP as Elder.

His phase two attacks actually look interesting, but it'll be a moot point if he can still be burned down in a few minutes with Weak Bullet assistance.

While he looks to be a lot less passive then Elder, the fact that his entire arm is a weak point once all of the armor is gone might make it easier to pile on damage during the times where he isn't attacking.

gigawuts
Apr 29, 2014, 08:45 PM
I think the best thing that can happen with the new falz is just not being shockable (or mirageable, in this case).

Iunno, I'd be willing to say De Rol Le was the most predictable. Did it even have a desperation pattern? All I remember is it repeating the same sequence of events no matter how hard I clobbered it.

He was high on the list of on-rails-ness bosses up to Very Hard, but gets knocked off the list entirely by Ultimate when all of his attacks are randomized. I mean, other bosses have things mixed up but their attacks are long enough that you can know their tells even if there's not a particular pattern, making it still fairly easy, but Dal Ra Lie is completely random with attacks that show very similar tells. Jump on the raft twice in a row? Can-do. Ceiling crawl four times in a row? No problem. Sweep the raft with orbs three times, do his laser beam thing, then orb the raft three more times? That's why he's here.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 30, 2014, 12:53 AM
Not sure about Dark Falz Loser being immune to Mirage, could simply be that no one on the livestream bothered using wind techs or any weapons with Mirage affixed. At the very least, Dark Falz Loser instantly stopped what he was doing the instant his health dropped to 50% to do the time stop attack, and he did something similar when he was teleporting around before that. Both changes were accompanied with a change of color in the environment as a warning, so I'm thinking it might have been at 75% (or at least around that area) for the first, which might mean a third attack pattern change in the 20-30% range.

At any rate, if Loser is vulnerable to Mirage, it shouldn't interrupt these scripted attacks, which is basically what I'm getting at. Elder would really have benefited from having scripted attack patterns at a particular part of his health that overrode Shock status, he's too much of a punching bag as of right now. Despite Loser being...well, a loser, he comes off as several magnitudes more threatening and competent than Elder does.

Rakurai
Apr 30, 2014, 02:57 AM
It is kind of dumb that the only attacks that Elder can't be shocked out of are his meteor throwing and body slam. Then again, considering he just sits there for several seconds after most attacks, it doesn't make much of a difference.

If Loser is susceptible to Mirage, I'd like it to just be a brief stun like it is for the Decol Maluda, and not required to break certain parts. The only time he seems especially vulnerable is when you do whatever it is that causes his core to be exposed.

fay
Apr 30, 2014, 05:24 AM
That olga flow was a monster too. Even those big fish things that swam about his feet were dangerous if they got you.
Gawd, so nostalgic. I wish we could get something like that in PSO2. I remember me and 3 friends going into Ultimate seabed and still getting our asses handed to us a bit with all of us being level 160s. Then there is that room with a sinow zele and two of the blue ones that I can't remember the name of. Then we have the guys that appear out of rapid disks, shoot a megid then runs away again.
We need these types of enemies. Enemies that don't flinch and just go straight for you until either you fall or they do.

Macman
Apr 30, 2014, 05:38 AM
A "THINK FAST" Delbiter-esque enemy in PSO2 would be refreshing.

Mysterious-G
Apr 30, 2014, 06:47 AM
Loser looks like he has some deadly attacks at his disposal, and I am sure the first few weeks with him will be challenging as is, but like everything in this gsme it simply isn't going to last.

Elder is being cited as a ridiculously weak boss all around, when I still remember well how whole mpas were wiped out by the arms or himself in a matter of seconds for quite a while. Yes, even Elder used to be difficult at first.

But then we kept killing him for loot over and over, and it slowly became little different from breathing or riding a bicycle - we simply learned his patterns. I am sure it will hardly be any different for Loser, even if I wish it would. But all that said, I am going to enjoy the challenge while it lasts, however long that will be.