PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while

MegaMettaurX
Apr 22, 2014, 03:15 PM
I'm kinda interested in playing this game again, but is there anything else to do in this game besides mindlessly killing mobs for gear? I'm aware of the time attacks, but you have to hunt gear before you can attempt those and do well.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 22, 2014, 03:19 PM
I'm kinda interested in playing this game again, but is there anything else to do in this game besides mindlessly killing mobs for gear? I'm aware of the time attacks, but you have to hunt gear before you can attempt those and do well.

How about mindlessly killing mobs for gear with your friends? :lol: There's TA's (good for making money or trying to show off how 'good' you are), SHAQ's, XQ's, and whatever EQ's pop up. They all essentially boil down to mindlessly killing mobs, though. That's pretty much what this game is.

When I get bored of mass genocide of native creatures, sometimes I'll just hang out in my team room and chat with my buddies to kill some time. If you're not into killing monsters, playing dress up, or chatting, you're going to have a bad time.

MegaMettaurX
Apr 22, 2014, 03:33 PM
Yup. That sucks. I really really wanted to like this game too. I had hopes since beta. They let me down. It feels like it's all for nothing. Most MMOs do a good job with the illusion that you're improving your character for a good reason, but this one doesn't.

Reyva
Apr 22, 2014, 03:35 PM
Yeah sure..........

PSO2 Forum Edition: Better than the actual game itself sometimes and other times, retarded. Just like that retarded thread that got locked a short moment ago.

Story Mode: Yeah uh if you wanna do the matterboard crap. Tbh, I ain't got nothin against story "modes" in mmos, but if you want a good one, better off just playing a console game.

PSO2 Fashion Edition: Play barbie and post 23028302832 pics of your character here on pos-world! In game, just stare at your character and dream they were real lol.

Time attack: Its a joke anyways. If you care about that, fine, but its nothing compared to pso's c-mode.

Emergency quests: Just log in for that lol.

Yeah thats about it besides the other crap. I mean there is not much else to do but hunt rarez, talk crap, and kill crap with yourself or buds. Typically better off playin with folks though so it doesn't seem as boring.

Be a different story is they made the game hard to the point to where you actually need a party, but eh whatever. I can dream.

Better off just playing this game very casual and use it as a filler when taking a break from your real game.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 22, 2014, 03:37 PM
It's not for everyone, that's for sure. I played PSO1 for like 12 years even though the game is essentially just killing mobs over and over, I guess somewhere deep down inside I really do enjoy a good grindfest.

There's also playing the player shop market, if you're into that kind of thing.

I think like any MMO game, PSO2 is much better to enjoy with your friends than it is to play solo. I don't think I would have played for more than a few weeks if I didn't have buddies to play and chat with.

Sizustar
Apr 22, 2014, 03:37 PM

Well, it's a hunter game like MH, So the primary goal is to hunt monster, to get better gear to hunter stronger monster.
so I'm not sure what other "feature" that you want, but it's probabely not this game, although many other game can be just as "simple", FPS like COD/BF/TF, Shoot other guy, before he shoot you.

MegaMettaurX
Apr 22, 2014, 10:55 PM
Well, it's a hunter game like MH, So the primary goal is to hunt monster, to get better gear to hunter stronger monster.
so I'm not sure what other "feature" that you want, but it's probabely not this game, although many other game can be just as "simple", FPS like COD/BF/TF, Shoot other guy, before he shoot you.

Many MMOs before this one had actual justification to improve your character. Like in RO, the end goal being War of Emperium. And Mabinogi's end goal being Guild wars and field bosses, and being able to survive the harder dungeons. This game is just hunting for really cool looking weapons. It's an extremely shallow game. Once you figure out how to play, there's not much else you can do to take advantage of your knowledge of the game. Hell they could have at least put in an intricate combo system. Ragnarok is extremely old and it still has a better combo system than this game.

Vetur
Apr 22, 2014, 11:04 PM
Depends what you like...
I personally like a lot of things others would see as useless, such as the Room feature, dress up, and socializing/making friends.

I don't have the best gear, but I've been able to do Normal and Hard TAs just fine. I'm also only in the 40's level, so that's probably one other reason I can't solo VH+ without risk, but that's why I just make/find a party or go with friends.
It's not too hard to party with Japanese people either, and is actually pleasant since they're usually really nice and laid-back. Mainly, you just gotta say "Yoroshiku" when you/someone joins the party, and "p arigatou" after.

I also find playing this keeps my Japanese language skills in check and even improves it.
No better place for learning J-slang or otaku-speak than from Japanese gamers on the internet.
Even if you just begun to learn, or don't know it at all, there's English players and some bilingual to some degree who can teach.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 22, 2014, 11:37 PM
Many MMOs before this one had actual justification to improve your character. Like in RO, the end goal being War of Emperium. And Mabinogi's end goal being Guild wars and field bosses, and being able to survive the harder dungeons. This game is just hunting for really cool looking weapons. It's an extremely shallow game. Once you figure out how to play, there's not much else you can do to take advantage of your knowledge of the game. Hell they could have at least put in an intricate combo system. Ragnarok is extremely old and it still has a better combo system than this game.

If you didnt like pso2 in beta, you probably won't like it now because not a whole lot has changed.

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 23, 2014, 12:29 AM

play a AQ and watch an enemy one shot you then come back and tell me that's not a reason to upgrade anything :-D

MegaMettaurX
Apr 23, 2014, 02:39 PM
play a AQ and watch an enemy one shot you then come back and tell me that's not a reason to upgrade anything :-D

But what's the point of doing AQs when I can gear hunt in much easier areas, even more, let the higher leveled people kill everything for me while I just stay with the group?

DJcooltrainer
Apr 23, 2014, 02:44 PM
But what's the point of doing AQs when I can gear hunt in much easier areas, even more, let the higher leveled people kill everything for me while I just stay with the group?

Higher drop rates, more exp, exclusive drops, trade-in stone drops, more money, etc.

And no one wants to carry a random noob. You don't have to be the strongest in a group by any means, but leeching an AQ by just following the group without doing your share is a bit rude. It's one thing if you're with friends who want to power level you, but most people don't appreciate leechers.

Walkure
Apr 23, 2014, 03:05 PM
That kind of mindset can apply to any online game though. If you go with the easiest near-endgame content, you can literally do nothing and probably get carried by other people in random groups, without complaints. So, yeah, you could probably pretend to be actively attacking things in a roaming MPA and get carried all day with zero complaints.

Though, I'm not sure why you'd refuse to do anything that takes any remotely attentive gameplay, then complain that gameplay is mindless.
And no one wants to carry a random noob. You don't have to be the strongest in a group by any means, but leeching an AQ by just following the group without doing your share is a bit rude. It's one thing if you're with friends who want to power level you, but most people don't appreciate leechers.He's talking about Exploration and EQ MPAs. Advance/Extreme Quests are probably out of the line because they require making a group rather than an easy-access PUG MPA.

It's really not a unique phenomenon that people can leech in online games at the lowest difficulty endgame content. People have found out that in the lowest difficulty settings, nobody cares enough to call you out for not contributing. This guy found he could do literally nothing and still get carried to the final boss of WoW content in LFR difficulty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas