Apr 23, 2014, 04:08 AM
Use it on an enemy to defeat them.

gaijin_punch
Apr 23, 2014, 04:21 AM
Use it on an enemy to defeat them.

like.

Limbo_lag
Apr 23, 2014, 10:28 AM
Shoots a shockwave on perfect guard. Does 200% your counter damage, so you do 300% overall.

Rien
Apr 23, 2014, 10:31 AM
Wrong.

It does shoot a wave on counter attack, but it hits for 100% counter damage and it is NOT BOOSTED BY KATANA GEAR.

This makes it much worse than it should be, and it's range is shit (slightly less than kanran range)

So whenever you counter you will now do:

1x counter slash (as usual)
+1x counter edge wave

Limbo_lag
Apr 23, 2014, 10:39 AM
EDIT: Nah, its right. 100% extra.

Rien
Apr 23, 2014, 10:42 AM
Except it's not really 200% and more like 100% because it doesn't gain bonuses from katana gear

NoiseHERO
Apr 23, 2014, 10:44 AM
OHHHHHHHH

INFO FIGHT!

Limbo_lag
Apr 23, 2014, 10:47 AM
Yeah, just retested, its the same as the counter damage. Weird. Could have sworn I saw double damage.

Rien
Apr 23, 2014, 10:48 AM
Probably because you looked at Katana Gear, where the slash deals more damage than the wave.

Which is what I've been complaining about.

Limbo_lag
Apr 23, 2014, 10:49 AM
Ahh. That might explain it.

Well, with any luck, they might re-work it. Eventually.

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2014, 11:08 AM
Shoots a shockwave on perfect guard. Does 200% your counter damage, so you do 300% overall.

You mean just guard into Nadeshiko?

Limbo_lag
Apr 23, 2014, 11:10 AM
Nah. Talking about counter-edge or w/e its called. Also, its 100%. 200% is the overall damage you do.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 23, 2014, 11:39 AM
You mean just guard into Nadeshiko?

that reminds me, how good is nadeshiko? is it good enough to break the game? :-D
cuz i sure hope it deals some insanely fast namegid type damage that will make forces pee in their lolita panties.

LordKaiser
Apr 23, 2014, 11:46 AM
The question is : It's worth getting?

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2014, 02:55 PM
It's 1 point, so why not?

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 03:10 PM
Woah, hold on. They moved skills to put this new skill here.

So they can edit skilltree layouts.

Gardios
Apr 23, 2014, 03:55 PM
? They didn't move anything.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 03:58 PM
They didn't move Combat JA Bonus, Combat Finish, and Combat Escape down 1 slot?

Gardios
Apr 23, 2014, 04:07 PM
They didn't. There has always been room below Katana Gear.

I would've flipped my shit if I had noticed they actually moved stuff when I updated the sim earlier. :wacko:

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 04:23 PM
More importantly, how powerful is Shunkaendo now that it's actually been released.

milranduil
Apr 23, 2014, 04:32 PM
Lv 1 does 30k with my current gear. It's basically over end in a single slow strike. The range is actually pretty hilarious both reach and width.

Radical Dreamer
Apr 23, 2014, 04:45 PM
More importantly, how powerful is Shunkaendo now that it's actually been released.

It's kinda slow and leaves you reeeeeeeally open to attack, but it's pretty damaging. One cool thing about it is that it charges your Gear Gauge if your Katana Gear is active, so you can stay purple for pretty much an entire PSE Burst/boss fight.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 05:01 PM
Lv 1 does 30k with my current gear. It's basically over end in a single slow strike. The range is actually pretty hilarious both reach and width.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFh3XGoWnRI

Katanas take yet another thing from hunter.

Pneuma
Apr 23, 2014, 05:15 PM
lolReyburn - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFh3XGoWnRI)

That doesnt look anything like PSO2 except for the weapons

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 05:17 PM
That doesnt look anything like PSO2 except for the weapons

Yes, the giant energy blade that slams down in front of the sword-wielding hunter looks nothing like the giant energy blade that slams down in front of katana-wielding bravers.

Do you guys get in line to be this dense in front of me? Is there a toll you guys pay? Why am I not getting in on that?

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 23, 2014, 05:58 PM
lolReyburn - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFh3XGoWnRI)

fun fact a maxed character in that game with a good sword can 1 shot that boss 3:

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 05:58 PM
Sorry Giga, your video doesn't prove that braver stole something from hunter because shunkaendo is a completely different PA from anything HU has. Not to mention the way the guy swings down the blade in your video is slightly angled whereas during shunkaendo it's more perpendicular to the ground. Obviously this affects the area the blade actually hits.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 06:07 PM
Sorry Giga, your video doesn't prove that braver stole something from hunter because shunkaendo is a completely different PA from anything HU has. Not to mention the way the guy swings down the blade in your video is slightly angled whereas during shunkaendo it's more perpendicular to the ground. Obviously this affects the area the blade actually hits.

It doesn't "prove" that anything "stole" anything from anything, because nothing "stole" something and it wasn't meant to "prove" anything at all.

Although, if you have an argument for how Over End in PSO2 is more similar to Over End in PSZ than the new katana move you're welcome to make your case.

You knew that's what that move was called, right? Over End. That's the original Over End. That's all it was - a straight down smash. Trying to say "It's less similar because it's on an angle" is a pretty great joke, since you know the Over End swords have in PSO2 has two more horizontal swings and...oh, it's also not on an angle.

While you'd obviously be right if you were to point out that different games have different things, I'd still like to read you try to defend the hybrid class receiving pre-existing hallmark melee moves while melee classes get watered down versions.

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 07:19 PM
lol he took it srsly

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 0 seconds.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 07:24 PM
lol he took it srsly

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 0 seconds.

It didn't seem out of character for you to be that daft so I just assumed you were next in line.

Shit, I still don't see reason to think you weren't serious.

Indignation Judgment
Apr 23, 2014, 07:36 PM
The problem here, is that katanas should have the low damage ratio swords have, and swords get the actual damage ratio katanas got. Since katanas are just faster.

But katanas are both, faster and deal more damage.
And Sega's rehashing Hunter stuff as Braver Katana. They aren't even trying to balance even with the bow.

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 09:57 PM
It didn't seem out of character for you to be that daft so I just assumed you were next in line.

Shit, I still don't see reason to think you weren't serious.

It is true that I like to say stupid stuff because it's ironic for someone who's actually intelligent to do that, but in this case I was just saying stupid stuff to be sarcastic.

Rien
Apr 24, 2014, 11:00 AM
I find it a bit dumb how katana gets nearly everything swords should have gotten

Over End that keeps gauge up? Check. Can be dash/guard cancelled, too. Single overhead strike too like EVERY OTHER OVER END BEFORE THIS ONE.

Nova Strike? Kanran Kikyou shows you how 360 aoe is done. Hell, even Slide Shaker can't compare.

Twister Fall? That shit does no damage. Even Gekka Zakuro is stronger, though you have to use it in the air for best results.

Just Guarding ranged attacks? Counter Edge can, to an extent, return some damage.

But hey, I'd rather not return to the era of sakura endo spam for dee-pee-ess

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 24, 2014, 01:08 PM
But hey, I'd rather not return to the era of sakura endo spam for dee-pee-ess

No one does. I didn't mind still having to use it for SH mobbing after hatou came along to fix the bossing needs, but having to use that crap to kill zeshredas and cougars back when lambda salizania was the katana to have made katanas just painfully inferior to FI in every regard except AOE from kanran, and KF.

Anyone remember what the new bow skill does? I'd like to think bows may be decent with enough support using million arrows, or w/e it's called now.

IndigoNovember
Apr 24, 2014, 01:49 PM
Anyone remember what the new bow skill does? I'd like to think bows may be decent with enough support using million arrows, or w/e it's called now.

Doesn't it increase PP regained per shot during Rapid Shoot? At max level, if all 3 charged shots hit, you'll get back like 113.4 PP.

UnLucky
Apr 24, 2014, 01:56 PM
It both increases PP regen during RS and reduces the cooldown on the skill. It's pretty much exactly what further SP in Rapid Shoot itself should have been.

So now you keep RS at lv3, and max both RSM and RSA to get something out of it.

IndigoNovember
Apr 24, 2014, 05:03 PM
So now you keep RS at lv3, and max both RSM and RSA to get something out of it.

Oh Rapid Shoot, you silly...

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 05:08 PM
Oh Rapid Shoot, you silly...

It is pretty funny watching a ranged skill be complete shit. Normally that's either techer's or melee's thing. I mean, what does it think is? Territory Burst?

GoldenFalcon
Apr 24, 2014, 07:10 PM
Rank 3 of Rapid Shoot is actually throwing me off, because it takes SO LONG for the JA circle now...

Naizuya Tatzubani
Apr 24, 2014, 07:20 PM
I'm okay with this Katana skill, isn't alot, but isn't bad either. Now I'm kinda hoping the other Just Guard skills get a little something to go along with this.

Rien
Apr 24, 2014, 07:22 PM
Doesn't it increase PP regained per shot during Rapid Shoot? At max level, if all 3 charged shots hit, you'll get back like 113.4 PP.

which you're going to need badly because million storm drains pp harder than nabarta.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 24, 2014, 07:38 PM
which you're going to need badly because million storm drains pp harder than nabarta.

That feel when using million storm on a crowd though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5MCXgVmoKw&feature=youtu.be&t=25s

GoldenFalcon
Apr 24, 2014, 08:35 PM

I only get back 50 because I'm not subbing Gu

IndigoNovember
Apr 24, 2014, 10:16 PM
Err I meant, if all 3 charged shots in all 3 volleys hit (so 9 total), then you'd have back a lot.