PDA

View Full Version : What do the new HU skill : Fury Gear ?

selken
Apr 23, 2014, 05:27 AM
Hello , i was wondering what can do the new Hu skill : Fury gear ;

it looks like it add some effect to Hu weapon's gear but i can't read japanese ...

someone said it add 200% damages to gear , it is real ? :o

thanks you :)

Sizustar
Apr 23, 2014, 05:28 AM
Raise t he rate of the gear rising while in fury stance

selken
Apr 23, 2014, 05:31 AM
Not bad but not what i want :( , thanks u very much Sizu :)

Hobu
Apr 23, 2014, 06:58 AM
Well WTF, Hunter's Fury Gear greatly increased the fury gauge rise. 4 hits and it goes to max, with only LEVEL 1 on Fury gear boost.

And what's more, they buffed the Striking PA's. I'm doing 9k per PA on Ragne's Hardpoints. 14k on weakpoints, not to mention the ridiculous 41-60k end damage on Over End.

Jesus SEGA, wtf.

UnLucky
Apr 23, 2014, 07:06 AM
lv1 is 2x gear rate, and lv5 is 3x

Over End: 1975->2212
Slide End: 622->871

Oh my

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 07:08 AM
Here's the important question. Does it boos gear rates for weapons other than hunter weapons? Because if it does the difference between HU/BR and BR/HU just flopped to one side.

Hobu
Apr 23, 2014, 07:12 AM
For the record, I never had my Over End reach that much damage before this patch. I always fight bosses in max gear so 14k initial over end damage is a BIG surprise for my lv60 Hunter alt.

I haven't switched back to braver to see if it boosts gear rise as a subclass.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 07:22 AM
For the record, I never had my Over End reach that much damage before this patch. I always fight bosses in lv3 gear so 14k initial over end damage is a BIG surprise for my lv60 Hunter alt.

I haven't switched back to braver to see if it boosts gear rise as a subclass.
I know it won't work as a subclass. But if it works for any weapon, then using an allclass katana as a hu/br is gonna be ridiculous with how easy katana gear would be to maintain. It might be useful for fighter too, but fighter gears go up by one bar each anyway. (inb4 maxed fury gear instantly bumps you to max dagger/knuckle gear)

Hobu
Apr 23, 2014, 07:26 AM
I think they decided to help out sword hunters? I notice a small boost with Guilty Break, Cruel Throw, and Heavenly Fall. Charging time for Rising Edge has been unusually faster too.

Dailies has never been easier.

RadiantLegend
Apr 23, 2014, 07:28 AM
Hmm 4 more sp for 3x, I'm sp starved so just lv 1 for me atm.

MidCap
Apr 23, 2014, 08:32 AM
Nice. 1 point to get the 2x rate, then 4 more points to get closer to full Fury for Automate Halfline users.

Then 5 SP for Fighter for whatever. Yay!

(Or, is the Fighter skill worth using at all?)

WildarmsRE5
Apr 23, 2014, 08:39 AM
If you went to max the Wise/Brave Crit skills, it should.

I did and most of my Sarabande hits are "crits"

MidCap
Apr 23, 2014, 08:43 AM
Are the crits any stronger than before? Any multipliers? (My understanding of crits is that they are simply the "top range" of your Dex damage, which is only a little higher than a normal hit).

Thanks.

UnLucky
Apr 23, 2014, 08:45 AM
Yeah, the new skill is the only multiplier for crits in the entire game. 15%

Which would almost be good with over 50% crit rate.

Rien
Apr 23, 2014, 09:50 AM
Meanwhile, Counter Edge is not affected by katana gear, making it incredibly sucky.

At least it's 1 sp.

Coatl
Apr 23, 2014, 09:54 AM
So did anyone test out damage of overend with BiS gear?

Lostbob117
Apr 23, 2014, 10:01 AM
It only boost the rate of the gear bar raising from what I can tell.

MidCap
Apr 23, 2014, 10:04 AM
So, let's say I get HU/FI to 70/70, and all of my weapons are usable by both classes.

Both of these skills are only active when using the main class, correct?

That said: I think it would be better to use the HU skill, and use the extra 5 FI skill points to beef up other things.

Is that the general consensus here?

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 10:12 AM
So, let's say I get HU/FI to 70/70, and all of my weapons are usable by both classes.

Both of these skills are only active when using the main class, correct?

That said: I think it would be better to use the HU skill, and use the extra 5 FI skill points to beef up other things.

Is that the general consensus here?

Yes.

I thought I replied here, but it looks like the forums ate my post.

Critical Strike is only decent if you also invest into some other Crit skills, but not all of them. Just the ones that don't force you to sacrifice 1% damage skills. Those 1% damage skills are better on average, as demonstrated here:

Numbers with a few basic builds:
http://puu.sh/7TnUi.png
Builds (5 fighter sp reserved for Critical Strike):
Crit Strike & HU Mult Skills: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06dAbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbk IqBGWsBdqInfJiGA000006ebHoJbIbA2kBfGDIo0000ib00000 0lb000009b000000lb0000000Ib000008
Crit Strike & HU Fury Crit: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06dAbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbk IqBGVaBdqInfCnfGA000006ebHoGBbowSkBeAGDIo0000ib000 000lb000009b000000lb0000000Ib000008
CS, HU Mult, Chase: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06dAbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbk IqBGWsBdqInfJiGA000006ebHoGBbowSkBeAGDIo0000ib0000 00lb000009b000000lb0000000Ib000008

So yeah, don't go all in with crits until that critical damage bonus is more than 1.15x. The Crit Strike HU Mult and Crit Strike HU Fury Crit build damage won't break even until Critical Strike's bonus is 1.4x, which is actually one of the first numbers I spat out as saying they should have used. They never will of course, but hey.

Gama
Apr 23, 2014, 10:37 AM
arent the new skills only active if said class is the main class?

segas way of removing power from braver?

Lostbob117
Apr 23, 2014, 10:43 AM
arent the new skills only active if said class is the main class?

segas way of removing power from braver?

SEGAs way of powering up Hunter.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 10:44 AM
Segas way of nickel and diming hunter's SP count and making you need to buy an extra tree to play it as a main.

MidCap
Apr 23, 2014, 11:12 AM
You really only need to put 1 point into the new skill. One swing into a wave of enemies and your gear will shoot up. No need to waste 4 points for an extra 1x.

That said:

Automate Halfline HUs can now put 4 more points to "catch up" to pure Fury HUs, while pure Fury HUs can really only put the extra 4 points into S-Atk up (or other minimal-producing skills).

If anything, these extra 4 points LESSENS the need for additional HU trees, as it brings the two primary builds closer together.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 23, 2014, 12:21 PM
You really only need to put 1 point into the new skill. One swing into a wave of enemies and your gear will shoot up. No need to waste 4 points for an extra 1x.

That said:

Automate Halfline HUs can now put 4 more points to "catch up" to pure Fury HUs, while pure Fury HUs can really only put the extra 4 points into S-Atk up (or other minimal-producing skills).

If anything, these extra 4 points LESSENS the need for additional HU trees, as it brings the two primary builds closer together.

Lol I'm a iron will + automate half line hu/br 9 sp in half line and 4(?) sp into iron will, so I still don't have enough to max out fury because I need to go thru another fury crit crap. And I skipped out on all the just guards/tech guards so I still need that stuff.

MidCap
Apr 23, 2014, 12:31 PM
I don't fully understand the idea of combining Iron Will with Automate Halfline. Most of the times you would be reduced to 1 HP are covered by Automate Halfline, with the exception of extremely powerful hits (or glitchy double-hits / lag). That said, I'm not sure it's worth the the skill points to use both.

This probably belongs in the "Tanky HUs" thread, but I digress...

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 23, 2014, 12:34 PM
Lol I'm a tanky braver, total different story, it's how I keep up ridiculous damage plus being tanky as hell. Now I'm just waiting for a katana with vampiric blade latent.

Walkure
Apr 23, 2014, 12:36 PM
He's talking about HU as a main, which requires Just Guard/counter, gears, and this SP now, and HU purely as a sub for Fury Stance/Multidashing.

Mysterious-G
Apr 23, 2014, 12:42 PM
Can't have everything I guess? You got 5 more SP to put anywhere you like; your pick how to use them. I have no idea what some of you were expecting or hoping for in all honesty.

UnLucky
Apr 23, 2014, 12:45 PM

That said:

Pure Fury main Hunters still need SP at the new level cap.

Full damage, all Gears, Just Guard, lv1 Fury Gear, and Rare mastery totals 83 SP.

And up to 88 SP if you max Fury Gear and take Just Counter.

Meanwhile a Hunter sub only needs 70 SP to get all the damage they want.

MidCap
Apr 23, 2014, 12:54 PM
That said: When was the last time we got a 5 Skill Point CO?

Is there any indication they will ever do one again?

:(

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 12:58 PM
Can't have everything I guess? You got 5 more SP to put anywhere you like; your pick how to use them. I have no idea what some of you were expecting or hoping for in all honesty.

In an update that specifically rebalances a class's issues and gives it tons of buffs it didn't need?

I dunno, what do you think we may have possibly hoping for.

On one of two classes that needs fixes more than any other in the game.

What could we have hoped for.

Hm.

One class that barely needs buffs is getting buffs, what could we have possibly hoped for on a class that needs buffs?

Are you intentionally stupid, or is it an accident?

Remz69
Apr 23, 2014, 12:59 PM
Slide End: 622->871

Oh my

whaaaa ?!

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 01:06 PM
Did anyone confirm if the gauge increase works for non-Hu weapons or not?

Mysterious-G
Apr 23, 2014, 01:06 PM
In an update that specifically rebalances a class's issues and gives it tons of buffs it didn't need?

Hm.

One class that barely needs buffs is getting buffs, what could we have possibly hoped for on a class that needs buffs?

No, really. What were you expecting from an update that was never said to address Hunter balance at all?
Flying unicorn mounts maybe? I'd have liked that.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 01:08 PM
No, really. What were you expecting from an update that was never said to address Hunter balance at all?
Flying unicorn mounts maybe? I'd have liked that.

Who said expecting? People are asking what it is and we're telling them what it is.

If someone asks me what color red paint is, and I say red, are you going to walk up and talk about how I shouldn't have expected it to be anything else?

Step off or something little bitch.

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 01:09 PM
By the way, in the patch notes they mentioned adjusting the SP needed for Dark/Light/Wind mastery 2. I think they changed it from needing 5 SP to learn to 2.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 23, 2014, 01:13 PM
OH SHIT I'M EXPECTING PSO-W DRAMA SEASON 2! starring giga senpai and mysterious g-spot. Sorry guys by-the-way-niji and zitzo are on break this season.

MidCap
Apr 23, 2014, 01:16 PM
Slide End is still terrible due to the slowness of step-attacking into a JA to perform it well. Ride Slasher is still almost as powerful and works more effectively in crowd situations.

Such a pity, as Slide End looks really cool.

I also hear that Vol Graptor sucks (haven't tried it yet), so maybe Partisans will remain shelved :(

Mysterious-G
Apr 23, 2014, 01:17 PM
I am not packing out all the insults here. :-? I honestly feel a little irked by them since I think they aren't at place in a dicussion, but what can I do.

I see complains about Hunter's SP management, which obviously is lacking as of now. No news, is it? I do not understand why Giga is acting as if the 5 new SP every class got thanks to the level cap raise was meant to be a fix or solution to that problem in any way whatsoever. No, of course it wasn't. They are going to do something about that sometime down the road now, hopefully.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 01:19 PM
I am not packing out all the insults here. :-? I honestly feel a little irked by them since I think they aren't at place in a dicussion, but what can I do.

I see complains about Hunter's SP management, which obviously is lacking as of now. No news, is it? I do not understand why Giga is acting as if the 5 new SP every class got thanks to the level cap raise was meant to be a fix or solution to that problem in any way whatsoever. No, of course it wasn't. They are going to do something about that sometime down the road now, hopefully.

I can open my mouth wider if you want to put more words in it.

Hold on, here.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 01:21 PM
So Il Zan is a sideways Sazan. Not only does it penetrate and knock everything down, but things will be pulled into it to form a straight line.

Maybe the AoE spell craft is worth looking at for it?

Triple_S
Apr 23, 2014, 01:40 PM
I can open my mouth wider if you want to put more words in it.

Hold on, here.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I laughed a lot harder than I should have.

EDIT: By the way, regarding the new Partisan PA...

Is it any good? I'm assuming it's not but hey, you never know.

MidCap
Apr 23, 2014, 01:54 PM
Given the mild nature of the posts, I think people came down too hard on Mysterious G. So much anger :(

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 23, 2014, 01:56 PM
Maybe it's that time of the month?

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 02:00 PM
Given the mild nature of the posts, I think people came down too hard on Mysterious G. So much anger :(

Mysterious G has a habit of being a complete and utter moron, regularly misinterpreting peoples' words and passive aggressive snarking at things they never even said.

On the occasion he does it with me I like to make a point.

At no goddamn place in this post:

Segas way of nickel and diming hunter's SP count and making you need to buy an extra tree to play it as a main.
did I say any of the shit he's claiming. At all. Anywhere. This is far from the first time he's tried to snark at something that wasn't even said in the first place like some kind of Resanoca-channeling twatbasket, so it should hardly be a surprise that I like to nip it in the bud when it comes my way.

Why he thinks I said that is beyond fuckin' me, but then again I don't especially care why he thinks that. I want him to stop being an idiot, or if that isn't an option then I'd settle for him not posting idiotic things.
Maybe it's that time of the month?

While you also appear to be an idiot, you're just ditzy enough that I'm pretty sure it is accidental so I leave you alone. Making period jokes (seriously?) is a perfect example of that.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 23, 2014, 02:15 PM
While you also appear to be an idiot, you're just ditzy enough that I'm pretty sure it is accidental so I leave you alone. Making period jokes (seriously?) is a perfect example of that.

well I am i still in high school after all :-? so yes I'm a idiot knucklehead :)

Xaelouse
Apr 23, 2014, 02:40 PM
I laughed a lot harder than I should have.

EDIT: By the way, regarding the new Partisan PA...

Is it any good? I'm assuming it's not but hey, you never know.

It not only records damage, but the recorded damage gets a damage boost as well I think when you use up gear?
It also lasts long enough for two charged slide ends

UnLucky
Apr 23, 2014, 07:53 PM
Ok here we go then, let's break it down.

Hunter's tree is a terrible mess filled with too many things everybody wants.

On one side is a massively overpowered and unfairly broken stack of damage multipliers on top of damage bonuses on top of extra damage.

On the other side we have absolutely necessary features that Hunter mains desperately require in order to function on a base level.

(and on a far distance side we have some undesirables we don't talk about in pleasant company)

At first you think hey, it's a trade off. Utility vs Damage. More weak abilities vs few strong ones. Interesting gameplay vs faceroll. Having fun vs being the best. Whatever you try to justify it as, it's one thing for another.

But the huge glaring blatantly obvious massive nagging issue here that simply cannot fit under the rug no matter how hard you attempt to sweep it there is the fact that Hunter, and only Hunter, has to make that choice. Every other class in the entire game can get their staple defining rudimentary skills in their own tree and then take a sub class purely for damage.

Hunter is the only class that gets significantly less out of its own tree than another class using it merely as a crutch.

Force doesn't get nearly as much from subbing Fighter as Fighter does as a main class.
Ranger benefits way more from its own skill tree than Gunner or Braver can, which in turn are amazing main classes but all around terrible to sub.
Techer is like the single most worst class to sub for practically anything at all ever, but even it can at least make use of its own skills whereas nobody but Force can make heads or tails out of the tree.

There's no dilemma for Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, or Br/Hu (hell, even Te/Hu). You max Fury and you're golden. Fi/Hu doesn't need most of that shit, either, unless it wants to pretend to be Hu/Fi at the toss of a hat.

But Hunter mains are plagued with "Well, do I want to be able to BLOCK?" or "Oh man, is it even worth all of this SP just to have useful PAs that actually do anything at all using the first weapon that comes to mind when people think 'Hunter'?" and of course "Gee, I sure wish I could afford the sole solitary skill point it costs to enable the usage of a whole separate weapon type my entire class is completely dependent on, but I guess I just can't since all my other weapons will become weaker if I waste any SP."

This has been going on for way too long now. Months upon months, and soon to be years now. The new skill in the new update further adds to the problem when supposedly Sega is listening to complaints and is super totally all for proper balancing this time for once finally.

It's a complete joke.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 23, 2014, 09:46 PM

Hunter's tree is a terrible mess filled with too many things everybody wants.

On one side is a massively overpowered and unfairly broken stack of damage multipliers on top of damage bonuses on top of extra damage.

On the other side we have absolutely necessary features that Hunter mains desperately require in order to function on a base level.

(and on a far distance side we have some undesirables we don't talk about in pleasant company)

At first you think hey, it's a trade off. Utility vs Damage. More weak abilities vs few strong ones. Interesting gameplay vs faceroll. Having fun vs being the best. Whatever you try to justify it as, it's one thing for another.

But the huge glaring blatantly obvious massive nagging issue here that simply cannot fit under the rug no matter how hard you attempt to sweep it there is the fact that Hunter, and only Hunter, has to make that choice. Every other class in the entire game can get their staple defining rudimentary skills in their own tree and then take a sub class purely for damage.

Hunter is the only class that gets significantly less out of its own tree than another class using it merely as a crutch.

Force doesn't get nearly as much from subbing Fighter as Fighter does as a main class.
Ranger benefits way more from its own skill tree than Gunner or Braver can, which in turn are amazing main classes but all around terrible to sub.
Techer is like the single most worst class to sub for practically anything at all ever, but even it can at least make use of its own skills whereas nobody but Force can make heads or tails out of the tree.

There's no dilemma for Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, or Br/Hu (hell, even Te/Hu). You max Fury and you're golden. Fi/Hu doesn't need most of that shit, either, unless it wants to pretend to be Hu/Fi at the toss of a hat.

But Hunter mains are plagued with "Well, do I want to be able to BLOCK?" or "Oh man, is it even worth all of this SP just to have useful PAs that actually do anything at all using the first weapon that comes to mind when people think 'Hunter'?" and of course "Gee, I sure wish I could afford the sole solitary skill point it costs to enable the usage of a whole separate weapon type my entire class is completely dependent on, but I guess I just can't since all my other weapons will become weaker if I waste any SP."

This has been going on for way too long now. Months upon months, and soon to be years now. The new skill in the new update further adds to the problem when supposedly Sega is listening to complaints and is super totally all for proper balancing this time for once finally.

It's a complete joke.

Damn you beat me to the punch lol. In fact if you go for the most optimal hu main build this update (assuming you use allclass fighter weps) you are still lacking 3 points on fury stance up that anything subbing hunter would have and then some to get whatever extra skills they want.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?07fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbkI qBGXsOdqInfznfGAlb000006ebJbGBIbGK5ofGD00000Ib0000 00lb000009b0000000Ib0000000Ib000000j

It's unfortunate too because fury gear would solve one of the major issues with this class, being that every hu wep depends on having gear, and aside from wl they build pretty slow. You need 3 more sp to get all of your power and have all of the skills you "need", and you need 7 more total to optimize the class as a main class the way the others do since having 3x gear building speed would net you quite a bit more versitility.

Also fury gear and the other new skills seem to only work if you main the class that has it in it's tree.

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 09:55 PM
It's funny. AoE is meant to be spread out damage hitting a lot of things at once, but not necessarily 1-hitting them.

But in PSO2, nope, gotta get your AoE to 1-hit everything or you're bad. Anything that's not AoE is bad.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 23, 2014, 09:57 PM
It's funny. AoE is meant to be spread out damage hitting a lot of things at once, but not necessarily 1-hitting them.

But in PSO2, nope, gotta get your AoE to 1-hit everything or you're bad. Anything that's not AoE is bad.

backhand smash and deadly archer want a word with you.

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 09:59 PM
backhand smash and deadly archer want a word with you.

I'm talking about general mobbing, not bossing. Nor large sized mobs.

Unless you use those against trash mobs? I don't really play much bow BR or FI yet so I dunno.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 PM
ah nm i thought you meant attacks with no aoe are bad in general.

Walkure
Apr 23, 2014, 10:09 PM
Those are both FI-weapon PAs.

Basically, Fighter PAs are really good at single-target DPS/burst. At least, until you compare them to the other half of classes in the game (RA, GU, BR) for bursting. Then it's just kinda hilarious.

IndigoNovember
Apr 23, 2014, 10:31 PM
So, is the Slide End damage buff enough to warrant not going Gekitsnata or ブルージーレクイエム (Blue Requiem)? Or does Assault Buster still outperform Slide End?

Walkure
Apr 23, 2014, 10:37 PM
Assault Buster still has the advantage of killing enemies while advancing forward. Even using the same weapon (i.e. non-potential to potential), Slide End should do more damage now if all the other mods are equal.

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I figured I should've been clear that I was talking about mobbing but I didn't feel like bothering because really, 90% of your gameplay is probably mobbing.

IndigoNovember
Apr 23, 2014, 11:15 PM
Assault Buster still has the advantage of killing enemies while advancing forward. Even using the same weapon (i.e. non-potential to potential), Slide End should do more damage now if all the other mods are equal.

This is true. Guess I'm not getting rid of my Gekitsnata just yet.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 12:12 AM
Why not use assault buster for approaching and slide end as a follow up?

Zipzo
Apr 24, 2014, 01:29 AM
Why not use assault buster for approaching and slide end as a follow up?

Because the mobs die to that very Assault Buster if not sooner anyway.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 01:46 AM
Still a viable option for things you can't ohko with ass buster, like gilnach/s the forest rolly shits whos name i forget, and malmos since slide end is easier to aim and all you have to do is press the PA button again once you get up to them.

Mysterious-G
Apr 24, 2014, 01:50 AM

Yeah, it is a mess. A mess that was not meant to be addressed in this update. I understand people's frustration with this on-going issue, but we know that proper balancing is supposed to occur in the future - not right now. We should regulate our expectations accordingly. Yet, personally I won't believe the changes will be substantial until I see them. After all, as of now they still seem to think that releasing single OP PAs is a rational balancing act that totally won't hurt in the long term at all (see Il Megid).

Mysterious G has a habit of being a complete and utter moron, regularly misinterpreting peoples' words and passive aggressive snarking at things they never even said.

On the occasion he does it with me I like to make a point.

At no goddamn place in this post:

did I say any of the shit he's claiming. At all. Anywhere.

Hm.

You are a moron, Giga. I never even mentioned you in my first post. Yet, you just jumped at me like a bloody idiot, then proceeding to complain about the very things I later said you did.

Personally, I'd rather have them fix your tourette than the balance of this game any time of the day, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

Zipzo
Apr 24, 2014, 02:12 AM
Still a viable option for things you can't ohko with ass buster, like gilnach/s the forest rolly shits whos name i forget, and malmos since slide end is easier to aim and all you have to do is press the PA button again once you get up to them.

At this point you might as well use a weapon with better single target potential (and still a ton of AOE potential) like Over End.

Garongos are best dealt with using Holding Current in my opinion as it keeps them from rolling around.

Just because you didn't single him out by name doesn't mean this post wasn't nearly and directly pin pointed on a subject he was directly discussing.

What he's trying to say is you seem to lack a fundamental understanding of why the hunter tree is flawed (despite your submission that you're aware of issues) to the point that you actually suggest that there is some kind of intended checks and balance thing going on, because there isn't, because Hunter is the only class subjected to that choice. Other classes get everything they want and need with no checks or balances.

It's utterly valid to think the current state off the hunter tree is completely ridiculous in its present state.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 02:18 AM
At this point you might as well use a weapon with better single target potential (and still a ton of AOE potential) like Over End.

Garongos are best dealt with using Holding Current in my opinion as it keeps them from rolling around.

It also keeps you from dodging the rest of them lol. But what does a wl have to do with using a partisan? I just threw that idea out there because sometimes it's faster to kill a more hp endowed mob by using the right PA combo instead of swapping to a slower weapon.

Also enter that bit of your quote that i missed here lol, zip's got a point here.

Zipzo
Apr 24, 2014, 02:24 AM
It also keeps you from dodging the rest of them lol. But what does a wl have to do with using a partisan? I just threw that idea out there because sometimes it's faster to kill a more hp endowed mob by using the right PA combo instead of swapping to a slower weapon.

You're lucky I kept it within the frame of being a Hunter using Hunter weapons, I could have just said it'd be better to whip out a Katana and Shunka.

Unless someone is playing pure partizan there's no reason to advise someone a method of playing purely with one weapon. I understand keeping it relegated to a specific classes weapon set, but not one weapon. Each class can use multiple weapons, and not all weapons have the best tools available to handle certain situations.

Slide End has a charge time and it renders you immobile with a bit of an annoying range. Assault Buster allows you to stay mobile, and still has a great range especially with full gear. It's just the better PA. Even with the buff to Slide End, unfortunately it's still not, in my opinion, strong enough for other reasons aside from damage to justify using over Assault Buster. For everything else there's just a better weapon/PA.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 02:24 AM
Wait, weren't forces and techers in the same boat as hunters with the skill tree thing? Or did their split tree issues get fixed?

Zipzo
Apr 24, 2014, 02:26 AM
Wait, weren't forces and techers in the same boat as hunters with the skill tree thing? Or did their split tree issues get fixed?

Elaborate on "split tree issues"?

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 02:27 AM

You're lucky I kept it within the frame of being a Hunter using Hunter weapons, I could have just said it'd be better to whip out a Katana and Shunka.

Unless someone is playing pure partizan there's no reason to advise someone a method of playing purely with one weapon. I understand keeping it relegated to a specific classes weapon set, but not one weapon. Each class can use multiple weapons, and not all weapons have the best tools available to handle certain situations.

Slide End has a charge time and it renders you immobile with a bit of an annoying range. Assault Buster allows you to stay mobile, and still has a great range especially with full gear. It's just the better PA. Even with the buff to Slide End, unfortunately it's still not, in my opinion, strong enough for other reasons aside from damage to justify using over Assault Buster. For everything else there's just a better weapon/PA.

Well you've kept playing long after I quit so i'll take your word for that lol. But it's a given that atm shunka>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything non gunner.

No idea how that happened btw, ill just keep it as a double post

Zipzo
Apr 24, 2014, 02:29 AM

Well you've kept playing long after I quit so i'll take your word for that lol. But it's a given that atm shunka>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything non gunner.

No idea how that happened btw, ill just keep it as a double post

You aren't currently playing?

I can see slide end having some use, as long as it's extremely powerful (like Over End), but usually moves that lack mobility or don't prevent mobility of the enemy don't tend to be very popular for extremely obvious reasons. The most basic being that staying mobile in this game generally keeps you alive.

For example I couldn't imagine using Slide End on a group of Goldrahdas on a tower in TD...they would just explode and kill you, I think.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 02:32 AM
Well glitches aside lol. Everyone I knew who played force/techer always brought up how their trees were messed up too because they could only chose 1 element/set of skills and how you needed to buy new trees to optimize the classes. Did that get fixed or did people just accept that as the norm and adopt a specific build for non payers?

And yeah I quit around the time mine defense came out, after soloing every boss up to that point (some no damage on the first try on sh) I just gave up on the game improving to my liking. I just keep up with it a bit because part of me still wants this game to get better (not saying those who like it have an unjust or bad opinion)

Zipzo
Apr 24, 2014, 02:35 AM
Well glitches aside lol. Everyone I knew who played force/techer always brought up how their trees were messed up too because they could only chose 1 element/set of skills and how you needed to buy new trees to optimize the classes. Did that get fixed or did people just accept that as the norm and adopt a specific build for non payers?

Oh that.

Well that seems like a different conversation for a different thread but I don't play pure casting roles so I'm not too indoctrinated on the effectiveness of force builds.

As far as I'm aware nothing was really added in this patch to change that, all forces got was a reason to get more weapons.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 02:39 AM
I guess it's just the old pp charge recovery and that one techer skill (insert name of skill here) that boosts pp recovery. I really really am hoping the balance team comes through this time, i was actually talking with a friend and if they do i may start playing again lol. But thats probably just the blind phantasy star fanboy in me talking.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Apr 24, 2014, 02:40 AM
So the guage that fills up on my HU's UI in centre top is the Fury Guage? Is it depleted when you perform a PA? Also are Just Attacks regular attacks and not PA's?

Tifa

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 02:43 AM
So the guage that fills up on my HU's UI in centre top is the Fury Guage? Is it depleted when you perform a PA? Also are Just Attacks regular attacks and not PA's?

Tifa

No, thats the weapon gear, partisan gear fills when you spin the partisan, wire lance gear and sword gear fill by hitting things. Fury gear is the skill that raises how fast the gears fill. Just attack is when you time your attack right and it does more damage than when you mindlessly mash or hold the attack button.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Apr 24, 2014, 02:51 AM
So once it's full do all attacks do more damage? Ah ok, well all attacks I do are Just Attacks so that's fine.

Tifa

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 02:56 AM
So once it's full do all attacks do more damage? Ah ok, well all attacks I do are Just Attacks so that's fine.

Tifa

It depends on the PA, but you will get some more speed/damage/range in one form or another by having your gear charged.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 03:07 AM
OH lol i just remembered something else. Is there finally a good farmable boss unit set that requires s def and specializes in s def? Last i remember Ex dragon units fit the s def bil but had 0 t def.

Zipzo
Apr 24, 2014, 03:10 AM
OH lol i just remembered something else. Is there finally a good farmable boss unit set that requires s def and specializes in s def? Last i remember Ex dragon units fit the s def bil but had 0 t def.

You can just craft armor for decent units if you can't seem to get anything else.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 03:12 AM
You can just craft armor for decent units if you can't seem to get anything else.

Don't units lose their set bonus and strike resist when you craft them though?

EDIT:NM lol i just looked on the wiki, the ronia set was what i always wanted when it came to units. I wonder how fast i'd be able to farm that with my 90ish ex passes.

MidCap
Apr 24, 2014, 08:15 AM
The Step Attack to JA for Slide End is too slow, unfortunately.

There are few instances where Assault Buster ils more useful than Ride Slasher.

Sadly, Partisan's day hasn't come yet.

I find myself Ride Slashing almost every wave during general combat, and Backhand Smashing / Symphonic Driving boss mobs.

Guilty Break is still okay for non-exit PSE Bursts when the enemies want to appear one at a time =l

I hit Lv. 66 HU last night and put my one point into Fury Gear Boost. I am very pleased with that, at least :)

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 08:27 AM
You are a moron, Giga. I never even mentioned you in my first post. Yet, you just jumped at me like a bloody idiot, then proceeding to complain about the very things I later said you did.

Personally, I'd rather have them fix your tourette than the balance of this game any time of the day, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

Is this because english isn't your first language that you can't seem to understand it?

ex·pect
ikˈspekt
verb
regard (something) as likely to happen.

hope
hōp
verb
want something to happen or be the case.

"Hope for," i.e. "want." I wanted these changes. I didn't expect them. I also want a blowjob right now, but that doesn't mean I'm expecting one. If someone asks me what I'm hoping for, and I say a blowjob, are you going to walk around knocking your head back and forth going "WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE YOU'RE GETTING A BLOWJOB GIGA?"

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 11:46 AM
The Step Attack to JA for Slide End is too slow, unfortunately.

There are few instances where Assault Buster ils more useful than Ride Slasher.

Sadly, Partisan's day hasn't come yet.

I find myself Ride Slashing almost every wave during general combat, and Backhand Smashing / Symphonic Driving boss mobs.

Guilty Break is still okay for non-exit PSE Bursts when the enemies want to appear one at a time =l

I hit Lv. 66 HU last night and put my one point into Fury Gear Boost. I am very pleased with that, at least :)

Try doing an attack (not step attack) into your PAs with partisan, it's alot faster.

UnLucky
Apr 24, 2014, 12:16 PM
Yeah, it is a mess. A mess that was not meant to be addressed in this update.
Ok... and?

Mysterious-G
Apr 24, 2014, 02:14 PM
Ok... and?

I should have replied to your wall of text just like that I suppose. Seeing you reply like this, I have no idea what you were expecting from me, really.

UnLucky
Apr 24, 2014, 02:48 PM
I should have replied to your wall of text just like that I suppose. Seeing you reply like this, I have no idea what you were expecting from me, really.
No, like, what is your point?

Why come in here just to say nothing as if we were all oblivious?

I guess I honestly was expecting you to fall back on the same thing, so thanks for that.

Just keep playing the victim as you pick apart an argument only raised in your head.

As if it bears repeating, Sega isn't rebalancing Hunter when it needs rebalancing. That's the entire issue. So what if they never said they would? THAT'S EVEN WORSE

What exactly are you trying to tell us?

SakoHaruo
Apr 24, 2014, 03:22 PM
Does Fury Gear effect anything to Partizan? Since Partizan doesn't build meter when attacking, does it build more meter overall? Like, If you press the normal attack button while neutral, will it build only one bar (that's the normal) or build more than one bar of gear?

Z-0
Apr 24, 2014, 03:35 PM
1 point will make Partisans give you 2 bars in 1 swing.
5 points will make Partisans give you 3 bars in 1 swing.

SakoHaruo
Apr 24, 2014, 03:42 PM
One point for 2 bars sounds good.

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 03:49 PM
What about the guard twirl? I take it that's just a faster fill rate, then?

Z-0
Apr 24, 2014, 03:51 PM
I suppose so, I don't actually have the skill, but I never use the guard twirl because it blocks PP recovery, which the extended animation doesn't, and I'm pretty sure is the same speed anyway.