PDA

View Full Version : Ranger fun stuff

MetalDude
Apr 23, 2014, 05:55 AM
Lots to talk about here but I'll just focus on some particularly fun stuff.

-Divine Launcher not only fully justifies its PP cost finally, but it actually does respectable if not somewhat crazy body shot damage (with just Shifta Drink on, I'm seeing around 14k with Standing and without Sharp and 17k with both; I'm thinking 20k+ is very reasonably possible)
-Sharp Shooter's range... is really fuckin' generous. The best way to put it is that it kicks in at about Cluster Bullet's minimum range. Here's a visual I got lucky with landing to better show it:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/113jFdq.jpg[/spoiler-box]
The rappy on the left got the Sharp Shooter bonus while the rappy on the right did not.

-The combination of both. I'm seeing 45k (same set of boosts, or lack thereof) with Standing + Sharp. I don't know at what point this extra damage even matters. That's just excessive.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 05:57 AM
How's stuff like the firing rate and sanicing rolling?

Rakurai
Apr 23, 2014, 05:57 AM
How much better is the firing speed of launchers?

That was probably their biggest issue, and I haven't gotten to test it yet.

Shinmarizu
Apr 23, 2014, 05:59 AM
Oh dear god. My bro and I noted that all but two of the Launcher and Rifle PAs got damage boosts and/or PP reductions... but the numbers you're mentioning are just plain stupid.

Launchers fire slightly faster with shorter recovery time. Moreso with Rifle. Dive roll also got a slightly shortened recovery time.

jooozek
Apr 23, 2014, 05:59 AM
dive roll is as shit as ever, at least on twin mechs

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2014, 06:02 AM
Dive roll for Twin Mechs hasn't been changed. It still has that long ass pause.
The pause is gone from Rifle and Launcher (even though it's the same goddamn thing).
Feels more natural now, but still a little stiff.

Speed changes:
- Regular rifle shot is much faster.
- Diffuse Shot startup is much faster (but prob still too slow to compete with melee).
- Grenade Shell and One Point startup are also much faster.
- Sneak Shooter seems exactly the same as before.
- I think Parallel Slider and Glory Rain are the same as before.
- Impact Slider might actually be slower. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to travel less distance?

- Launcher regular shot doesn't seem much faster. Very minimal difference, as far as I can tell.
- Rodeo Drive seems the same to me.
- Cosmo Breaker's loading animation seems a little faster?
- Crazy Smash and Fake Silhouette seem about the same to me.
- Cluster Bullet startup loading and shot firing feels faster, by maybe 25%?
- Divine Launcher still takes a while to come out.
- Concentrate One's projectiles are faster than Divine Launcher, but it may have always been that way.
- Flame Bullet and Zero Distance come out a lot faster.

Haven't tried any damage changes yet.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 23, 2014, 06:04 AM
and here I thought we could cancel the delay between dive rolls so that we can Sanic dive roll dash.

MetalDude
Apr 23, 2014, 06:09 AM
Dive Roll doesn't have the idiotic standing nonsense lasting as long. The invincibility is as abysmal as ever, but it really helps RA mobility to not be stuck in place for anything nearly as long now. Launchers are somewhat faster, nothing amazing but it helps. Rifles have the most noticeable improvements in firing speed. Diffuse, Piercing, and Grenade in particular load up and show the JA ring so much faster now.

Some of the most notable damage jumps include Divine (as said, it's fucking bonkers and only outmatched by Concentrate One), Flame Bullet (don't need RNG bullshit to make it good too!), Cluster Bullet (so it's not completely outclassed), and Sneak Shooter (also with 20PP cost now as well). The proper curves of PA levels makes RA less dependent on RNG bullshit in general which alongside their further increased power will almost certainly make them more abundant.

Also, leave it to Sega to not somehow make Dive Roll's properties universal.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 06:12 AM
Also, leave it to Sega to not somehow make Dive Roll's properties universal.
Step is different between weapons as well so it's not THAT strange. It's not like mech guns needed it anyway.

MetalDude
Apr 23, 2014, 06:17 AM
True, just seems odd is all.

And the more I work with Sharp Shooter, the more ridiculous it seems calling it that. It's like shooting a car in the garage. From your driveway. With an RPG. That's the range and leeway you have. Not really a Sharp Shooter.

Shinmarizu
Apr 23, 2014, 06:26 AM
I posted this in the other thread; figured why not.

This is the data my bro and I gathered an hour ago; fair warning though - I'm falling asleep so it might not be totally accurate.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx118/shinmarizu/PAlist_zps8d70da97.png (http://s747.photobucket.com/user/shinmarizu/media/PAlist_zps8d70da97.png.html)[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm seeing other numbers being reported now, such as Flame Bullet having a large damage buff.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 23, 2014, 06:31 AM
:sleepy:

I'm pretty sure Parallel Slider has a 28 PP cost at 16.

EDIT: Ignore this, I was thinking of Diffuse Shell.

Shinmarizu
Apr 23, 2014, 06:35 AM
Feel free to edit or correct anything that might be off. These buffs for Ranger are ridiculous either way, is all.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 23, 2014, 06:40 AM
I'd do that after I'm done patching.

I have all of them at lvl 16. . . with the exception of friggin Flame Bullet (which I will now hunt cause Beach AQs)

Rakurai
Apr 23, 2014, 06:50 AM
Sadly, the Blumegallas are so ridiculously rare in the SHAQ that it's probably not going to be much easier to get the disc then before.

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 23, 2014, 06:53 AM
The damage is really nice, but speed wise I don't really feel much different overall. If you want to get a JA Launcher PA off asap, the buffs didn't really change anything from what I could tell. Still takes forever to get the first shot off and leading with Crazy Smash still seems best. The Diffuse Shell speed buff is welcome, though.

Roll isn't anything special but at least it doesn't have that horrid pause anymore.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 23, 2014, 07:17 AM
Sadly, the Blumegallas are so ridiculously rare in the SHAQ that it's probably not going to be much easier to get the disc then before.still a better choice rather than spamming Free Fields. . . over and over. . . without getting anything else.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 07:18 AM
still a better choice rather than spamming Free Fields. . . over and over. . . without getting anything else.The Org Blan mission has TONS of them. That'd probably be a better choice.

martinmeegan
Apr 23, 2014, 08:11 AM
The Org Blan mission has TONS of them. That'd probably be a better choice.

It is the fastest way to find it. Only took me best part of 20 hours farming to get lvl16 flame bullet.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 08:21 AM
This update embodies why I say launchers need less headshot damage.

Divine Launcher being 14k bodyshot damage: Cool

Divine Launcher getting a ~3x multiplier to head hitboxes applied to that 14k damage: Not cool anymore

Ordy
Apr 23, 2014, 09:02 AM
724 on Divine Launcher
797 on Concentrate One
572 on Cluster Bullet
20PP PA

MFW

http://i.imgur.com/b3Bx0hq.gif

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 09:04 AM
Literally thousands of shigno beats killed as a ranger main, still without a single Concentrate One 16 for my caseal.

RNG why.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 09:08 AM
Literally thousands of shigno beats killed as a ranger main, still without a single Concentrate One 16 for my caseal.

RNG why.Based on what other people have said, they changed the whole curve for the ranger PAs, not just the level 16 versions.

EDIT: Which boggles my mind because they didn't do the same thing for Melee PAs.

UnLucky
Apr 23, 2014, 09:08 AM
Fake Silhouette 20PP yessss

Wait, what?

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 09:09 AM
Fake Silhouette 20PP yessss

Wait, what?

It would be good if it did what it was supposed to do. D:

http://i.imgur.com/b3Bx0hq.gif
Also, what anime is this from. I might enjoy something with expressions like that.

Ordy
Apr 23, 2014, 09:13 AM
OOT - It's Minatsuki Takami from Deadman Wonderland

Coatl
Apr 23, 2014, 09:33 AM
What are people hitting with concentrate one? Did it get as much as a boost as divine launcher? 14K on body shots is almost double the amount of power divine had before...that's so great!

Sacrificial
Apr 23, 2014, 09:34 AM
wooogh piercing shot 399 and 20 pp! i already had 20-40k dmg depending on double hitbox on the old one.
Anyone knows if grenade shell still has that delay at the end? I can't login yet to play

martinmeegan
Apr 23, 2014, 09:53 AM
Only 2 hours left at work until I can sample the new delights of my favourite class8-)

Coatl
Apr 23, 2014, 09:55 AM
Only 2 hours left at work until I can sample the new delights of my favourite class8-)

Ikr...

Bellion
Apr 23, 2014, 10:01 AM
Divine Launcher
Body:20k Head 62k

Concentrate One
Body:7.7k Head: 21k

strikerhunter
Apr 23, 2014, 11:28 AM
Hmm.........after hearing all of this............I'm glad I kept all those ranger lv 16 PAs (lv 16 of each Ra PA except for a few) in my storage as I grind up my Ra A.S.A.P.

Sacrificial
Apr 23, 2014, 11:33 AM
tested piercing shot. 10-15k normal 50-80k wb

MetalDude
Apr 23, 2014, 01:13 PM
Divine Launcher
Body:20k Head 62k

Concentrate One
Body:7.7k Head: 21k

Hey there we go, numbers from a top geared RA and sure enough, 20k body shots are possible. That... headshot damage though.

Also I'm assuming that the Concentrate One numbers are per shot because that would line up with the power modifier just right (it's slightly stronger than Divine).

Chdata
Apr 23, 2014, 01:25 PM
Didn't they also change accuracy with rifle while running/moving?

Ordy
Apr 23, 2014, 01:30 PM
Went to kill some mobs, 30 elem launcher, no shifta buff and haven't learned Sharp Shooter yet ... it was raining when I did the 42k on the gulfs, so no latent (._.) Last one was just a random Cluster, I can do better ... and sorry for the low settings

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/p5EAmsa.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 23, 2014, 01:33 PM
Please don't tell me ranger is the new braver 2.0

MetalDude
Apr 23, 2014, 01:36 PM
Eh, it still requires some amount of precision (because weak points do matter a lot for RA) in addition to the huge variety of PAs available so not necessarily. But the power increase on Divine seems a bit much...

omgwtflolbbl
Launcher still suffers from being slow as hell. But at least you now have the damage to back that up, which is how it should be imo.

Renvalt

Honestly? After having Braver be the god of all classes for several patches, I'm glad to see someone kick that king off its hill. God knows the game needed it.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 23, 2014, 01:40 PM
#bravermasterraceforevever XD well I'm biased so don't listen to me

pkemr4
Apr 23, 2014, 01:53 PM
launchers still 2slow4me but dem Rifle pa buff's doe

RadiantLegend
Apr 23, 2014, 02:02 PM
So more WB in parties.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 02:03 PM
So more WB in parties.

More WB, yes.

But this is a double-edged sword. What we like is good WB users, but this is going to bring in a whole bunch of bad WB users.

I hope you're all ready for the WB arms-battles on falz again!

Xaelouse
Apr 23, 2014, 02:15 PM
cosmo breaker buff when

Edson Drake
Apr 23, 2014, 02:15 PM
The Rifle is now faster, more accurate, powerful, much more mobile, and the improved Roll is great if you put skill points on it(I have it maxed).

The Launcher is better now, but it lags behind the Rifle unfortunately. Loving the changes so far.

One-Point is useful now.

Walkure
Apr 23, 2014, 02:18 PM

#bravermasterraceforevever XD well I'm biased so don't listen to me
Do you mind not jerking off about Braver in every thread? Especially ones where it's not relevant? Thanks.

More WB, yes.

But this is a double-edged sword. What we like is good WB users, but this is going to bring in a whole bunch of bad WB users.

I hope you're all ready for the WB arms-battles on falz again!Still waiting for a random MPA to WB and rushdown the core. It's almost always left to right on Ship10, with alt characters just attacking whenever.

Phaesphora
Apr 23, 2014, 02:39 PM
I get the feeling from this thread that now is a good time to return to the game as a Ranger.

Macman
Apr 23, 2014, 03:32 PM
Based on what other people have said, they changed the whole curve for the ranger PAs, not just the level 16 versions.

EDIT: Which boggles my mind because they didn't do the same thing for Melee PAs.
Wait they actually removed the RNG-wall to making ranger usable? Why the fuck aren't they doing it for every class?!

The Walrus
Apr 23, 2014, 03:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/YuUTevZ.png

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2014, 03:51 PM
So yeah, Concentrate One 15 got the boost too.

Launchers are literal trucks now. As such, hitting things with them has the predictable result.

Sacrificial
Apr 23, 2014, 04:57 PM
I still cant solo triple boosted sh elena's =/ damn shooting balls. It was A LOT easier to kill the first one but the second one screw, powerleap =/ tomorrow next try. also infection still screws up softlock D;<

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2014, 09:07 PM
It was actually nice being the only WBer... didn't have to worry about people overwriting my WB.

Onvirtual
Apr 24, 2014, 05:16 AM
I'm just glad RA got what the class deserves for a long time.

So far I enjoyed playing RA with Rifle to a point I completely forgot I had a tmg for flipping but now it's not needed at all.

Launcher I have yet to try but hearing ppl doing crazy damage with it, I'm sure I will get the same result once I give it a try.

Overall, I feel at home again with RA (RA is my main class since beta). Good bye overhyped BR and GU.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 24, 2014, 05:37 AM
noticed they also buffed the start up on Parallel Slider like they did with Diffuse Shell.

too bad I'm the only one who does Parallel Slider + Impact Slider Repeat combo here.

Kondibon
Apr 24, 2014, 05:43 AM
too bad I'm the only one who does Parallel Slider + Impact Slider Repeat combo here.You're not. Parallel slider is great for getting around something while still dealing damage.

Rakurai
Apr 24, 2014, 06:01 AM
I'm assuming that Concentrate One is probably the best DPS tool launchers have, considering that Flame Bullet can't benefit from the Sharpshooter ability.

Curious as to whether an Inferno Bazooka would outdo the 11* Standing Snipe latent launcher DPS wise with that PA in particular.

WildarmsRE5
Apr 24, 2014, 06:12 AM
I'm assuming that Concentrate One is probably the best DPS tool launchers have, considering that Flame Bullet can't benefit from the Sharpshooter ability.

Curious as to whether an Inferno Bazooka would outdo the 11* Standing Snipe latent launcher DPS wise with that PA in particular.Concentrate One is still slower DPS than Divine.

not to mention some hits missing head shots.

IndigoNovember
Apr 24, 2014, 10:08 AM
I'm assuming Sharp Shooter works against Arao Cylinder's Potential, so what's the new Assault Rifle to use for a Ranger sub character (aka I don't want to spend that much)? Flower Petal for Fury Stance Potential or Dio Tigredor for Just Attack Potential? Or if you want more PAs Seripheed for the PP Cost down Potential.

For launchers, is the new go to damage Potential the Standing Snipe ones? Is the attack pattern no longer "jump -> Crazy Smash -> JA PA" with the sped up normal attacks?

Sacrificial
Apr 24, 2014, 10:33 AM
Ranger sub on what? Since arao in terms of close range is still good with difisse at 20 pp heck you can even see it as gettinf a dmg boost both close and long range. Im used to JA rifles and i prefer them over arao but have it pure for diffuse

Bad spelling, typing from phone

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 10:34 AM
Concentrate One is still slower DPS than Divine.

Concentrate One is great for its PP efficiency, rather than its speed. It hits slightly harder than Divine Launcher if you can land all the hits right which I guess is kind of a plus, but more notably it can spread its damage between different enemies either in one direction (similar use to Cluster Bullet) or in different directions (spread out code/PSE burst enemies?).

It's nice to have Divine Launcher feel strong again, but it's even more nice to have it feel strong without it being the only damn PA to use.

I might whine about it being dumb that launchers get headshot damage, but I'm pretty happy to see the PAs are balanced between eachother much better this time around.

Kikikiki
Apr 24, 2014, 10:36 AM
I'm hitting 16k's with Launcher without using PAs.

This is hilarious.

IndigoNovember
Apr 24, 2014, 11:27 AM
Ranger sub on what? Since arao in terms of close range is still good with difisse at 20 pp heck you can even see it as gettinf a dmg boost both close and long range. Im used to JA rifles and i prefer them over arao but have it pure for diffuse

Bad spelling, typing from phone

Meant more like my RA/GU/HU is an alt character whereas my BR/FI/HU is my main character. So I don't want to spend that much on her. I was thinking of sticking with JA Rifles (though I think Fury Stance is a bit stronger [1.2875 vs 1.26 I believe]) since I do like to use things other than Diffuse Shell and Impact Slider.

UnLucky
Apr 24, 2014, 12:39 PM
Concentrate One is still slower DPS than Divine.

But if Divine launcher misses the headshot then you lose half the entire PA.

With Concentrate One you have three separate chances at a headshot to average out missed shots.

Against a single target with an easy weak point, either is fine.
Against a large clump of enemies all in one spot, Divine is faster.
Against several spread out enemies, Concentrate can hit them all in one PA.

Bellion
Apr 24, 2014, 12:47 PM
With Divine Launcher, Cluster Bullet, Rodeo Drive, and Crazy Smash I really can't bother with putting Concentrate One into my PA slots.

Divine and Cluster together cover multiple situations better than Concentrate.